You need to know about Edouard Roger-Vasselin [Archive] - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

You need to know about Edouard Roger-Vasselin

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

*Sweet4Richard*
06-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Marin Cilic is his first round opponent. Could have been better, but could have been much worse.

I was hoping for him to draw Almagro :lol:

Scotso
06-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Cilic is pretty sweet on grass, so that will be tough. Hopefully Doud can defend at least some of his points from last year.

Nice job in qualies. :yeah:

CooCooCachoo
06-22-2008, 09:36 AM
Two days ago we bumped into Edouard sitting on a bench near our tube stop :haha: It was quite funny. He was just about to go for dinner with his coach and Thierry Ascione :lol:

jitterbug
06-24-2008, 11:48 AM
Doud :sad: he was up a break in the first set but lost two successive games.

Géraldine
06-24-2008, 12:02 PM
4-6 2-4...

jitterbug
06-24-2008, 01:19 PM
4-6 3-6 6-7(4) :sobbing:

*Sweet4Richard*
06-25-2008, 01:54 AM
:bigcry: Eddie

*Sweet4Richard*
06-25-2008, 01:54 AM
Two days ago we bumped into Edouard sitting on a bench near our tube stop :haha: It was quite funny. He was just about to go for dinner with his coach and Thierry Ascione :lol:

Did you talk to them?

CooCooCachoo
06-27-2008, 03:11 PM
Did you talk to them?

Yes, he waved at us while phoning :lol: Then later we talked to him briefly. But then Ascione and Doud's coach arrived, so they had to go ;)

Anyways, Cilic deserved to win. He was simply too good :shrug: Hit some amazing shots.

CooCooCachoo
07-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Doud lost in 1R of the Lugano Challenger :sad: 7-6 5-7 4-6 to David Marrero :sad:

He's still in doubles though. And next week he will play the Scheveningen Challenger, where I will support him :D :D :D

*Sweet4Richard*
07-02-2008, 08:53 PM
That's awesome that he waved at you. Have fun cheering him on next week. Looking forward to all the stories :)

:sad: Eddie lost, but allez in doubles

CooCooCachoo
07-07-2008, 02:57 PM
In the Scheveningen Challenger, Edouard beat Tobias Kamke today :) 3-6 6-3 6-2 I think it was.

I was at the match and the conditions were as difficult as you can have them. A lot of wind. And I mean a lot. Plus it was constantly changing in direction. It was pretty much impossible to play good tennis in these conditions, and Edouard only just managed to scrape through. There really wasn't much in it.

I felt that Edouard was far from playing his best tennis, and thought he should have been more aggressive on Kamke's very poor serve. Anyways, he is through to the next round and I left the venue shortly after cause the weather was so dreadful :o I really doubt he'll be playing his doubles match today as well.

*Sweet4Richard*
07-08-2008, 01:39 AM
Thanks tons for the match report. Its nice to know how the match unfolded rather than just reading a scoreline.

At least, Edouard managed to get a win even in the tough conditions. Hopefully he'll improve for the next round.

*Sweet4Richard*
07-08-2008, 01:45 AM
Btw.... the entry lists for the challengers come out around 3 weeks prior right? I always forget... thanks :)

I'm waiting for the Bronx entry list to see if Edouard comes back again. *fingers crossed*

CooCooCachoo
07-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Btw.... the entry lists for the challengers come out around 3 weeks prior right? I always forget... thanks :)

I'm waiting for the Bronx entry list to see if Edouard comes back again. *fingers crossed*

The Bronx list will come out in two weeks.

Géraldine
07-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the report ! I hope, he will win the next turn.

*Sweet4Richard*
07-09-2008, 02:37 AM
The Bronx list will come out in two weeks.

CooCooCachoo
07-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Doud lost :sad:

These are the reports I posted in the Scheveningen Challenger thread:

Daniel Muñoz de la Nava ESP beat Edouard Roger-Vasselin FRA | 6-7 (6) 6-3 6-2

The match was played on the court next to the Ungur-Ferreiro (and Ascione-Lopez Jaen) match. Obviously my main interest was this match, but the level was lower than the aforementioned match. Muñoz de la Nava is your typical claycourter, I guess, in the sense that he is very solid from the baseline and can't volley to save his life. I had to laugh at some volleys he produced during the warming-up. There are two notable exceptions to him being your average dirt lover: 1) he is a crafty lefty who 2) likes to hit amazing angles with his forehand every now and then. I have seen Edouard play plenty of times and there is no doubt in my mind that he is a far superior player to Muñoz de la Nava. Nevertheless, against Kamke he was crap and today he was also not very good. He made quite a few horrible unforced errors, including some truly dreadful smashes. He was also up a break in the first set, but gave that away. He squandered some break points early in the third set, when the games were all very long. Then towards the end, he didn't seem to want to fight, and went down 1-5 before finally trying to kick back. It was too late though. Still, it is safe to say that on any other surface, Muñoz de la Nava would have lost. Can't see the Spaniard having a genuine shot at the title to be honest.

Ascione & Roger-Vasselin beat Moggré & Schoorel | 7-5 6-7 (7) 10-8

This match was stopped at 7-5 2-3 yesterday, and recommenced today with Edouard serving. He was broken, but then the Frenchies got back into it before losing it in the breaker. The level was shockingly poor, I must say. Thierry and Edouard are capable of so much more than this. That said, they were lucky Moggré was subpar and Schoorel produced some horrible mishits at bad times. Nevertheless, I really like Schoorel and he again showed that he is a real prospect. Every time I see him, I am impressed. Great attitude, great shots and he can still develop a lot too. To me, he's a sure Top 100 candidate in a few years' time. Anyways, after the Frenchies lost the breaker, they went down 3-8 in the super tie-break :ignore: Then they magically won seven points in a row to clinch the match. Edouard couldn't quite believe it himself and kind of had to laugh about it :haha: Not the best of tennis, but at least they got through. Crugnola and Ouahab will prove too tough if they play at this level tomorrow though.

*Sweet4Richard*
07-10-2008, 01:21 AM
Shame Edouard lost in singles, but at least he managed to get a win in the doubles even though he played poorly.

Even more thanks for the terrific match reports :bowdown:

*Sweet4Richard*
07-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Edouard is playing this week in Amersfoot:

Albert Montañes ESP [5] vs. Kristof Vliegen BEL
Werner Eschauer AUT vs. Pablo Cuevas URU
Martin Verkerk NED [WC] vs. Edouard Roger-Vasselin FRA
Jose Acasuso ARG [2] has a Bye

Allez :)

CooCooCachoo
07-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Edouard is playing this week in Amersfoot:

Albert Montañes ESP [5] vs. Kristof Vliegen BEL
Werner Eschauer AUT vs. Pablo Cuevas URU
Martin Verkerk NED [WC] vs. Edouard Roger-Vasselin FRA
Jose Acasuso ARG [2] has a Bye

Allez :)

Yes :) I went to A'foort qualies today in the hope of also getting to see Doud practise, but it turns out he was in Essen playing Bundesliga. He lost in both singles (to Aranguren) and doubles (with Prieto to Aranguren & Ferreiro), so that wasn't very good :sad:

CooCooCachoo
07-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Edouard beat Verkerk 2-6 7-6 (9) 4-3 Ret.

Not the best way to win, I guess, but he did save three MPs along the way.

Up next is Jose Acasuso :armed:

gambit84
07-16-2008, 09:55 AM
saved 3 mps :eek:

CooCooCachoo
07-17-2008, 03:16 PM
3-6 4-6 loss to Acasuso :sad:

*Sweet4Richard*
07-17-2008, 05:09 PM
Saving matchpoints in the 1st round :eek:

I figured he would lose to Acusaso, :bigcry:

CooCooCachoo
07-20-2008, 12:03 PM
SAN MARINO | MAIN DRAW

Potito Starace ITA [1] vs. Brian Dabul ARG
Alessio Di Mauro ITA [WC] vs. Q
Carlos Berlocq ARG vs. Q
Philipp Petzschner GER vs. Pablo Andujar ESP [7]

Jérémy Chardy FRA [4] vs. Franco Ferreiro BRA
Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo ESP vs. Flavio Cipolla ITA
Daniele Bracciali ITA [WC] vs. Ilija Bozoljac SRB
Simon Greul GER vs. Sergio Roitman ARG [6]

Teimuraz Gabashvili RUS [5] vs. Joseph Sirianni AUS
Melle van Gemerden NED vs. Q
Diego Hartfield ARG vs. Jesse Huta Galung NED
Edouard Roger-Vasselin FRA vs. Viktor Troicki SRB [3]

Oscar Hernandez ESP [8] vs. Jaroslav Pospisil CZE [SE]
Stefano Galvani ITA [WC] vs. Filippo Volandri ITA
Dominik Hrbaty SVK [WC] vs. Q
Cristian Villagran ARG [SE] vs. Albert Montañes ESP [2]

*Sweet4Richard*
07-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Oh yes, I was looking for his name yesterday, but the draw for San Marino wasn't out yet.

Allez Edouard :banana:

*Sweet4Richard*
07-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Edouard lost 4-6, 5-7 :sad:

*Sweet4Richard*
07-23-2008, 03:06 PM
On a happier note, Edouard is listed on the entry list for the Bronx Challenger. I'm excited :bounce:

http://www.usta.com/USTA/Global/Pro_Tennis/USTA_Pro_Circuit/Information/~/media/USTA/Document%20Assets/2008/07/22/Bronx_entrylist.ashx

CooCooCachoo
07-23-2008, 06:44 PM
That's good for you ;)

The rank is bad though, #190 :( I hope he can claw his way back up.

*Sweet4Richard*
07-24-2008, 01:15 AM
Thanks, I'm excited :)

and I know #190 isn't very good. I remember last year he was the top seed and he was ranked in the 80s. Its amazing how far he has fallen in a year :sad:

I hoping for a good run like he had in 2005 when he reached the semifinals.

CooCooCachoo
07-24-2008, 05:13 AM
The good thing is that, with Wimbledon and RG out of the way, he has very few points to defend, so his ranking won't drop much more.

*Sweet4Richard*
07-24-2008, 08:09 PM
Exactly.
The only place to go is up :)

*Sweet4Richard*
07-30-2008, 04:25 PM
Edouard is on the entry list for US Open qualifying (he's number 56).

CooCooCachoo
07-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Obviously he's on that list :lol: I'd be a shocker if he weren't.

*Sweet4Richard*
07-31-2008, 12:39 AM
I'm pretty good at stating the obvious.... :rolls:

The thread was pretty dead so might as well post something. lol
At least, I get to see him for two weeks then. I'm happy.

*Sweet4Richard*
08-10-2008, 01:07 AM
I just came back from the Bronx qualies and Edouard was there for about two hours practicing. He came around 11 on the bus, then practiced for about an hour and left around 1:30ish. He walked in with Ascione and they were practicing on courts next to each other.

During one of the qualies matches, Edouard was sitting outside watching. When I got home and went through my photos, I saw he made it in two of them. Pretty bad pictures, but you can kind of see him in the blue shirt in the background. I will get much better photos when he actaully plays. :)

*Sweet4Richard*
08-10-2008, 01:09 AM
Just saw the MD as well and it appears that Edouard plays Adrian Mannarino in the first round then possibly Thierry Ascione (seeded 2nd) in the 2nd round.

Allez Edouard :woohoo:

http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2008/666/mds.pdf

CooCooCachoo
08-10-2008, 06:28 AM
:lol: Thanks for the pics ;)

I am not happy with the draw, but Mannarino is coming back from injury so that is I guess a decent opponent. But possibly the 2R against his best friend on the tour :shrug:

CooCooCachoo
08-10-2008, 06:28 AM
BRONX CHALLENGER | MAIN DRAW

Andreas Beck GER [1] vs. Francesco Piccari ITA
Alex Bogdanovic GBR vs. Tobias Kamke GER
Lukas Rosol CZE vs. Nicolas Coutelot FRA
Q vs. Xavier Malisse BEL [7]

Leonardo Mayer ARG [4] vs. Ryan Sweeting USA [WC]
Gary Lugassy FRA vs. Alexandre Kudryavtsev RUS
Adrian Ungur ROU vs. Adam El Mihdawy USA [WC]
Bryan Koniecko USA [WC] vs. Simon Stadler GER [5]

Ilija Bozoljac SRB [8] vs. Martin Slanar AUT
Carsten Ball AUS vs. Lukas Lacko SVK
Q vs. Q
Jean-Yves Aubone USA [WC] vs. Paul Capdeville CHI [3]

Robert Smeets AUS [6] vs. Lukas Dlouhy CZE
Q vs. Travis Helgeson USA [SE]
Adrian Mannarino FRA vs. Edouard Roger-Vasselin FRA
Paolo Lorenzi ITA vs. Thierry Ascione FRA [2]

*Sweet4Richard*
08-10-2008, 08:42 PM
It was raining today so I came home early(the men's matches finished: Bester, McClune, De Heart, and Gregorc all won), but I did see Edouard for about 30 seconds. He stopped to watch some match, but no idea where he went after that.

I agree, it stinks he might have to play Ascione. Whenever I see them together, I call it a "bro-mance" :lol:

Hopefully Doud will be on the OOP for tomorrow :banana:

*Sweet4Richard*
08-11-2008, 02:51 AM
He's on the OOP for tomorrow in doubles with Ascione. :bounce:

Just checked the forecast and its supposed to be scattered thunderstorms all day :sad: We'll see

CooCooCachoo
08-11-2008, 05:01 AM
Argh, bad weather :(

Enjoy anyway :yeah:

*Sweet4Richard*
08-12-2008, 03:05 AM
Edouard and Ascione lost in doubles. I think it was 10-8 in the Super Tiebreak.

I didn't get to see the match because I was watching another doubles match. I only saw a few points here and there of it. I just know the crowd (all of 5 people) were rooting for the other team. :sad: I did see Edouard constantly check the match before his to see when he was going to play (the rain messed up everything today).

Eddie is on the OOP to play tomorrow. Allez!! :banana:

I have to leave early tomorrow so hopefully his match will be on before I have to go. I'm not sure though

CooCooCachoo
08-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Can't believe Doud lost that doubles match against two players I have never ever heard of.

*Sweet4Richard*
08-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Edouard won today 2-6, 6-4, 6-4 (according to the Bronx thread) I saw the first two sets of his match before I had to leave so I wasn't sure he won until I read it on MTF.

Edouard was broken in his first two service games and was playing terribly. He was upset and frustrated with a few lines calls and then umpire. It was also the same umpire as last year's match where he got mad at him for just calling him "Vasselin."

In the second set, Adrian broke himself with two double faults and a terrible miss at net. Edouard was broken when he served for the second set, but then broke again at 5-4. No clue how he played in the 3rd set, but you could see he was getting better as the match was progressing.

Earlier in the day, my friend and I were in the food court when Edouard came. I asked for a picture with him and he was so nice. He even took his sunglasses off for our photo (something I should of done as well :lol:). Getting a photo with him made my day :worship:

*Sweet4Richard*
08-13-2008, 12:02 AM
Photos from the match. My friend thought it was be "great" to take pictures of Edouard's back when he was sitting in the chair. She loved it when he put the towel on his head :lol:

In the last photo, I tried to get Edouard putting eyedrops in his eyes. He kept doing that on almost every changeover. I guess his contacts or something were bothering him.

*Sweet4Richard*
08-13-2008, 12:06 AM
More photos:

*Sweet4Richard*
08-13-2008, 12:09 AM
Here's also a video from the match. Its about 70 seconds long and its kind of pathetic, not really showing too much. (I'll work on my video-taking skills :lol:)

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a37/Miss_Piggy3/Bronx%20Challenger%202008/?action=view&current=MVI_4040.flv

I hope it works :yeah:

CooCooCachoo
08-13-2008, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the pics :D

They eyedrops are pretty much standard procedure these days. He has been doing it all the time at Wimbledon and Scheveningen too, so I guess it's some kind of medicine.

*Sweet4Richard*
08-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Welcome!

Edouard's match has been suspended due to rain. I was on the court next door, but I don't think they played even three games. :rain: From what I could hear Edouard appeared to be up 2-0, but I'm not really sure.

EDIT: According to the OOP, I was right. Doud's up a break :yeah:

CooCooCachoo
08-15-2008, 05:07 AM
Doesn't mean too much, but yeah it's a good start :p

*Sweet4Richard*
08-15-2008, 11:57 PM
Edouard lost to Lorenzi :bigcry: 7-5, 6-7, 0-1 retired.

Edouard served for the first set, but then was broken. After he called for the trainer and his right thigh was wrapped. He took it off immediately since he was uncomfortable. He wasn't moving well, but he managed to win the first set.

In the second set, he was broken and Lorenzi served for the set. He then broke back and had a matchpoint in the tiebreaker. I forgot the score in it, but it was really exciting.

His leg seemed to be okay during the 2nd set, but after losing the first game on Lorenzi's serve and the first point on his serve, Edouard retired. I felt so bad for him because if Doud was 100 percent he would have beaten Lorenzi who I didn't find impressive at all.

I hope its nothing too serious and that he'll be okay for the US Open qualies next week.

BTW: Lorenzi has such an odd service motion. He freezes halfway through the thing and looks like he's going to fence or something. I couldn't stop laughing :lol:

*Sweet4Richard*
08-15-2008, 11:59 PM
Pictures:

CooCooCachoo
08-16-2008, 07:38 AM
Doud :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

And yeah, Lorenzi is one awkward player to watch.

*Sweet4Richard*
08-18-2008, 01:31 AM
I just looked at the MD and it said Eddie retired with a left abductor strain.

I guess I can't tell my right from my left :rolls:

Bobble
08-18-2008, 03:27 PM
sure hope this clears up, qualies is all i will get to see at the USO and Doud is on my must-see list.

Scotso
08-19-2008, 08:06 AM
I've been neglecting most threads I used to frequent. :o

Hopefully Doud is okay for the US Open. Good luck to him. :hug:

Scotso
08-19-2008, 08:11 AM
Earlier in the day, my friend and I were in the food court when Edouard came. I asked for a picture with him and he was so nice. He even took his sunglasses off for our photo (something I should of done as well :lol:). Getting a photo with him made my day :worship:

Great picture. :yeah: You both look hot in it.

Did you tell him how obsessed you are with French tennis players? I hope you flirted.

Bobble
08-19-2008, 02:49 PM
Doud will play Santiago Gonzalez of Mexico in the first round of USO qualies...anyone know about this guy?

*Sweet4Richard*
08-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Great picture. :yeah: You both look hot in it.

Did you tell him how obsessed you are with French tennis players? I hope you flirted.

Nope, I didn't flirt with him. :angel: I'm a good girl.
He seemed like way too nice of a guy. Most of the other players were staring down my blouse or making comments about me in their native languages (being really obvious, might I add) and trying to start conversations. But not Edouard, he was as classy as they come.
I'm a bit shy so I would never start a conversation with him, but he did smile at me a few times when I saw him. :)

*Sweet4Richard*
08-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Gonzalez had a good tournament in Brazil a few weeks back (if I remember correctly) winning on clay. He typically plays on clay so I'm thinking Doud might have a good shot of winning. That's if his injury is okay. Edouard is not in a bad section of the draw. Nishikori could be a tough if they meet in the 3rd round.

I'm glad Eddie is not on the OOP for today (Tuesday) since I can't go. I hope to go the rest of the week though. Allez!! :banana:

CooCooCachoo
08-19-2008, 06:24 PM
US Open Qualies:

NISHIKORI, Kei JPN [11] vs WIDOM, Todd USA
PRPIC, Filip SWE vs HEUBERGER, Ivo SUI
ROGER-VASSELIN, Edouard FRA vs GONZALEZ, Santiago MEX
BRIZZI, Alberto ITA vs DE VOEST, Rik RSA [27]

CooCooCachoo
08-19-2008, 06:24 PM
He really cannot complain about the draw. But Gonzalez could prove too tough already.

Allez :rocker:

Scotso
08-20-2008, 07:23 AM
Aww, I love Kei though.

Scotso
08-20-2008, 07:24 AM

Nope, I didn't flirt with him. :angel: I'm a good girl.
He seemed like way too nice of a guy. Most of the other players were staring down my blouse or making comments about me in their native languages (being really obvious, might I add) and trying to start conversations. But not Edouard, he was as classy as they come.
I'm a bit shy so I would never start a conversation with him, but he did smile at me a few times when I saw him. :)

Classy guys are so sexy. :hearts: I'm really shy, too, so I don't blame you. Although I did yell "take off your shirt" to Faurel. :lol: But no one could see me when I did it. :p

Bobble
08-20-2008, 07:03 PM
way to go so far Doud, 6-1, and already 2-0 in the second!

Bobble
08-20-2008, 07:31 PM
well done! 6-1 6-2

CooCooCachoo
08-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Awesome score. Very impressive :bowdown:

*Sweet4Richard*
08-21-2008, 02:21 AM
Classy guys are so sexy. :hearts: I'm really shy, too, so I don't blame you. Although I did yell "take off your shirt" to Faurel. :lol: But no one could see me when I did it. :p

:rolls: Did he take his shirt off at least then? lol

(JCF is hot! hehe )

*Sweet4Richard*
08-21-2008, 02:22 AM
I saw the match and Edouard played really, really well. A tight first service game, but other than that he just rolled. He seemed to be moving well. There was no sign of injury from last week which is a good thing. I would say the best he played since I've seen him in the past two weeks. :yeah:

I took photos, but I haven't sorted them yet. I'll post them tomorrow or later sometime.

Allez Eddie against Rik De Voest tomorrow. :bounce:

*Sweet4Richard*
08-21-2008, 02:38 AM
I take way too many photos of Edouard. I tried cutting back today. :)

You know comparing my Edouard photos to my other ones, his always comes out the worst. I think its because he's sooooo skinny. He always looks like a rail in the photos. :lol:

CooCooCachoo
08-21-2008, 05:02 AM
Thanks for the pics :D I think you captured him quite accurately though ;)

jitterbug
08-21-2008, 07:44 AM
I read through the qualies draw a few days ago, looking for Edouard's name, but I still couldn't spot it :o shame on me.

CooCooCachoo
08-21-2008, 08:11 AM
Shame on you ;)

De Voest is way out of form this year, so should be a hurdle he can take. Plus, Doud plays well in Grand Slams.

Scotso
08-21-2008, 08:27 AM
Edouard :banana:

:rolls: Did he take his shirt off at least then? lol

(JCF is hot! hehe )

No. :sad:

CooCooCachoo
08-22-2008, 11:02 AM
Doud lost to De Voest in three sets :sad: Wasn't expecting that whatsoever.

Bobble
08-22-2008, 05:31 PM
yuck, me neither

Scotso
08-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Eddie :sobbing:

*Sweet4Richard*
08-24-2008, 02:01 AM
Hey guys :wavey:

I only saw bits and pieces of Edouard's match. I was eating dinner so I couldn't really follow it. I do know that when Rik was serving for the match, Edouard had about 3 or 4 opportunities to get it back on serve and just kept making dumb errors. He really should of broke back.

The court where he played was terrible. There were only two sets of bleachers (one on each side) so you had to stand the whole time. It was really crowded as well. Shame that Eddie lost. I really wanted him to qualify so badly. :bigcry:

The second to last picture (# 171) is my favorite. :)

*Sweet4Richard*
08-24-2008, 02:03 AM
My last Edouard photos until next year :sad:

I was showing my mom all my tennis photos and she goes "you take way too many photos of this boy." :rolls: She's kind of right. :angel:

Scotso
08-24-2008, 07:23 AM
Well we definitely appreciate the multitude of photos. :kiss:

CooCooCachoo
08-24-2008, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the pics :D

The 'good' thing to note is that De Voest qualified by crushing Prpic and thus seems to be in good shape.

*Sweet4Richard*
08-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Welcome :)

Random question (I know this is Edouard's thread) but for the life of my I can't figure out who this guy is. He was practicing with Andy Roddick in the Granstand on Wednesday. He sounded American, but I'm not sure who he is and its been killing me for the past week.

I bet its someone really obvious that I can't place right now. :confused:

Scotso
08-24-2008, 06:48 PM
I can't see his face well enough, I don't recognize him.

CooCooCachoo
08-24-2008, 06:52 PM
Welcome :)

Random question (I know this is Edouard's thread) but for the life of my I can't figure out who this guy is. He was practicing with Andy Roddick in the Granstand on Wednesday. He sounded American, but I'm not sure who he is and its been killing me for the past week.

I bet its someone really obvious that I can't place right now. :confused:

The pics are a bit unclear when it comes to his face, but he seems to be Hugo Armando.

*Sweet4Richard*
08-25-2008, 02:41 AM
I thought Hugo Armando as well and I was convinced it was him for two days. Then I saw Hugo Armando during the qualies and it wasn't him.

I tried to get a better face shot, but my camera was konking out for some reason during the session.. Oh well, he shall be a mystery man

CooCooCachoo
08-25-2008, 07:56 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=160613&d=1219593289

On that one he's strikingly similar to Armando. The hair, the complexion.

jole
08-26-2008, 03:48 AM
If it's not Hugo, perhaps it's John-Paul Fruttero. I say this without having any clue if he was in New York for qualification or not.

CooCooCachoo
08-31-2008, 01:15 PM
GENOVA CHALLENGER | MAIN DRAW

Marcel Granollers ESP [1/WC] vs. Francesco Piccari ITA
Gianluca Naso ITA vs. Q
Andrea Arnaboldi ITA vs. Francesco Aldi ITA
Marko Tkalec SLO vs. Daniel Köllerer AUT [6]

Nicolas Massu CHI [4] vs. Grega Zemlja SLO
Daniele Bracciali ITA [WC] vs. Q
Q vs. Konstantinos Economidis GRE
Alessio Di Mauro ITA vs. Thierry Ascione FRA [5]

Stefano Galvani ITA [7] vs. George Bastl SUI
Alberto Brizzi ITA vs. Antonio Veic CRO
Q vs. Walter Trusendi ITA [WC]
Lamine Ouahab ALG vs. Frederico Gil POR [3]

Edouard Roger-Vasselin FRA [8] vs. Jose Antonio Sanchez de Luna ESP
Cristian Villagran ARG vs. Jean-René Lisnard MON
Adrian Menendez ESP vs. Paolo Lorenzi ITA
Frederik Nielsen DEN vs. Fabio Fognini ITA [2/WC]

CooCooCachoo
08-31-2008, 01:16 PM
Allez Doud :rocker:

Scotso
09-01-2008, 09:27 AM
allez :rocker2:

not a terrible draw.

CooCooCachoo
09-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Not a terrible draw now, but a terrible loss to Sanchez de Luna :sad:

2-6 2-6

*Sweet4Richard*
09-14-2008, 12:08 AM
Sorry guys I've been MIA for a bit. School started again and I'm terribly busy :wavey:

Shame that Edouard lost in Geneva. I was really hoping he would be able to play as he did at the US Open qualies. Its been a pretty bad year for Edouard. :sad:

CooCooCachoo
09-14-2008, 07:57 AM
Doud has also been MIA :( Injured and pulled out of some events :(

CooCooCachoo
09-24-2008, 07:30 AM
In Grenoble, Doud lost 2-6 6-2 2-6 to Martin Fischer :(

CooCooCachoo
09-26-2008, 07:51 PM
MONS CHALLENGER | QUALIFYING DRAW

Dominik Meffert GER [1] has a Bye
Yannick Reuter BEL [WC] vs. Frédéric De Fays BEL
Bruno Alvarez BEL vs. Julien Dubail BEL
Gergely Pribranszki HUN vs. Raphael Durek AUS [6]

Edouard Roger-Vasselin FRA [2] has a Bye
Kristof Lybeer BEL vs. Marco Dierckx BEL
Andrea Falgheri ITA vs. Julien Onclin BEL [WC]
Jamie Delgado GBR vs. Stefan Wauters BEL [8]

Marsel Ilhan TUR [3] has a Bye
Benjamin Devos BEL [WC] vs. David Gentile BEL
Adrien Bossel SUI vs. François Schoukens BEL
Morgan Lesur BEL [WC] vs. Yannick Mertens BEL [5]

Vladimir Obradovic SRB [4] vs. Olaf De Weerdt BEL [WC]
Arthur De Greef BEL [WC] vs. Alexandre Folie BEL
Satoshi Suzuki JPN vs. Maxime Authom BEL
Mario Dierckx BEL vs. Jonathan Marray GBR [7]

CooCooCachoo
09-26-2008, 07:52 PM

Unfortunately it's too expensive for me to go there on Sunday, plus I am too busy with preparing for my emigration :lol:

CooCooCachoo
09-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Doud plays against Marco Dierckx.

*Sweet4Richard*
09-28-2008, 01:44 AM

Unfortunately it's too expensive for me to go there on Sunday, plus I am too busy with preparing for my emigration :lol:

where are you going?

*Sweet4Richard*
09-28-2008, 01:44 AM
good luck Edouard :banana:

CooCooCachoo
09-28-2008, 06:56 PM
He won, 6-0 6-3 :yeah:

Now against Andrea Falgheri :armed:

*Sweet4Richard*
09-29-2008, 02:34 AM
Awesomeeee :bounce:

My friend is studying abroad in Belgium and I told her to go to this challenger to see Edouard for me. :lol: She's so not going.

CooCooCachoo
09-29-2008, 07:33 AM
:haha:

It's a nice event though. I'd love to go, but Mons is quite a distance even if I had time.

CooCooCachoo
09-29-2008, 07:34 AM
I hope Doud plays the big Bratislava Challenger :rocker: I should be able to get there in like two hours from Vienna, so that'd be great.

CooCooCachoo
09-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Doud won 6-1 6-3 :D

Good luck in the MD :bowdown:

*Sweet4Richard*
09-30-2008, 02:29 AM
I hope Doud plays the big Bratislava Challenger :rocker: I should be able to get there in like two hours from Vienna, so that'd be great.

*fingers crossed*

Good Job Eddie. Let's get some wins in the main draw :woohoo:

CooCooCachoo
09-30-2008, 06:51 AM
Well, he had the best possible draw of the qualifiers.

He meets WC David Goffin in 1R.

*Sweet4Richard*
10-02-2008, 01:08 AM
He won 6-1, 6-2. :bounce:

He plays another WC (but this time a much higher caliber of opponent) in Dick Norman. Good Luck :) Let's hope for another win.

CooCooCachoo
10-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Expected win.

Strong win of Norman over Bellucci, but I still think Doud should beat him.

Allez :banana:

CooCooCachoo
10-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Doud won, 3-6 6-3 6-0 :worship:

CooCooCachoo
10-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Now against Guccione :scared:

CooCooCachoo
10-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Doud beat Guccione :eek:

4-6 7-6 7-5

:worship:

Bobble
10-04-2008, 04:30 AM
wow, nice win!

Géraldine
10-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Edouard is in final ! He beats Rochus 6-2 6-4

CooCooCachoo
10-05-2008, 08:36 AM
:worship:

He meets Gabashvili today. Allez!

CooCooCachoo
10-05-2008, 10:16 AM
RENNES CHALLENGER | MAIN DRAW

Andreas Beck GER [1] vs. Louk Sorensen IRL
Richard Bloomfield GBR vs. Q
Enrico Burzi ITA vs. Rodolphe Gilbert FRA [WC]
Thomas Oger MON vs. Adrian Mannarino FRA [5]

Alex Bogdanovic GBR [4] vs. Sébastien De Chaunac FRA
Ludovic Walter FRA [WC] vs. Romain Jouan FRA [WC]
Alexander Slabinsky GBR vs. Gary Lugassy FRA
Q vs. David Guez FRA [8]

Edouard Roger-Vasselin FRA [6] vs. Jean-Christophe Faurel FRA
Q vs. Rameez Junaid AUS
Q vs. Lukas Lacko SVK
Josselin Ouanna FRA vs. Lukas Dlouhy CZE [3]

Joshua Goodall GBR [7] vs. Dieter Kindlmann GER
Sergei Bubka Jr. UKR vs. Jonathan Eysseric FRA [WC]
Jaroslav Pospisil CZE vs. Alexandre Sidorenko FRA
Tobias Kamke GER vs. Thierry Ascione FRA [2]

jitterbug
10-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Will Doud be in Melbourne again next year, Martijn?

Géraldine
10-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Come on Doud !

jitterbug
10-05-2008, 01:10 PM
There's a livestream for the Mons final here, thanks to ellen_ who found it:

http://www.rtlinfo.be/others/livevideo/popup_video_live_tennis.html

CooCooCachoo
10-05-2008, 07:57 PM
He lost, 4-6 4-6 :sad:

Still, a great week :yeah:

CooCooCachoo
10-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Will Doud be in Melbourne again next year, Martijn?

I presume so :shrug: But I don't know :p

*Sweet4Richard*
10-06-2008, 02:19 AM
Wow what a week for Edouard. I haven't had time to go on MTF, but I've been following his results. I'm sooo proud of him. Too bad he didn't win, but still a great result. He realy needed this :yeah:

:banana:

CooCooCachoo
10-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Doud really struggled today against Jean-Christophe Faurel, who I also like.

Doud won 6-4 4-6 7-6 :D

Now he meets Rameez Junaid, which really shouldn't be too hard :unsure:

CooCooCachoo
10-09-2008, 02:50 PM
He beat Junaid, 6-3 6-1 :D

*Sweet4Richard*
10-10-2008, 02:24 AM
Thanks for all the updates :worship:

Come on Eddie!

CooCooCachoo
10-10-2008, 06:41 AM
Now against Josselin Ouanna, which will be tougher.

CooCooCachoo
10-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Doud lost to Ouanna, 6-7 (5) 6-7 (0)

:sad:

CooCooCachoo
10-11-2008, 03:59 PM
TASHKENT CHALLENGER | MAIN DRAW

Yen-Hsun Lu TPE [1] vs. Kristian Pless DEN
Ilia Marchenko UKR vs. Q
Danai Udomchoke THA vs. Michail Elgin RUS
Marsel Ilhan TUR vs. Björn Phau GER [5]

Michael Berrer GER [4] vs. Laurent Recouderc FRA
Harel Levy ISR vs. Lukasz Kubot POL
Pavel Snobel CZE vs. Simon Stadler GER
Farrukh Dustov UZB [WC] vs. Flavio Cipolla ITA [7]

Denis Istomin UZB [6] vs. Q
Alexandre Kudryavtsev RUS vs. Daniel Brands GER
Edouard Roger-Vasselin FRA vs. Vaja Uzakov UZB [WC]
Murad Inoyatov UZB [WC] vs. Denis Gremelmayr GER [3]

Go Soeda JPN [8] vs. Woong-Sun Jun KOR
Q vs. Mathieu Montcourt FRA
Yuri Schukin KAZ vs. Martin Verkerk NED
Q vs. Dudi Sela ISR [2/WC]

CooCooCachoo
10-18-2008, 11:44 AM
SEOUL CHALLENGER | MAIN DRAW

Dudi Sela ISR [1] vs. Simon Greul GER
Q vs. Adrian Cruciat ROU
Matthias Bachinger GER vs. Danai Udomchoke THA
Q vs. Flavio Cipolla ITA [6]

Ivo Minar CZE [3] vs. Simon Stadler GER
Sun-Yong Kim Jr. KOR [WC] vs. Yuri Schukin KAZ
Rik de Voest RSA vs. Edouard Roger-Vasselin FRA
Pavel Snobel CZE vs. Go Soeda JPN [8]

Kevin Kim USA [7] vs. Q
Michael Berrer GER vs. Daniel Brands GER
Jae-Sung An KOR [WC] vs. Hyung-Taik Lee KOR
Mathieu Montcourt FRA vs. Denis Istomin UZB [4]

Björn Phau GER [5] vs. Robert Smeets AUS
Lukasz Kubot POL vs. Kyu-Tae Im KOR [WC]
Q vs. Kristian Pless DEN
Soong-Jae Cho KOR [WC] vs. Yen-Hsun Lu TPE [2]

*Sweet4Richard*
10-22-2008, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the updates.

I've been really busy with classes so I haven't had a chance to check :yeah:

*Sweet4Richard*
10-22-2008, 12:28 AM
Edouard lost to De Voest 7-5, 6-3 :sad:

Same guy who beat him in his 3rd Q match at the Open.

*Sweet4Richard*
10-22-2008, 12:30 AM
OoO just checked the doubles and he's playing with the American Jim Thomas. They face the top seeded team of, get this, Rik De Voest and Ashley Fischer.

Edouard and Rik can't stop meeting each other :lol:

CooCooCachoo
10-22-2008, 07:52 AM
It's bad losing to De Voest in singles. Am expecting a loss in doubles though. Thomas is not that good, and De Voest/Fisher are a strong team.

CooCooCachoo
10-25-2008, 09:30 AM
BUSAN CHALLENGER | MAIN DRAW

Yen-Hsun Lu TPE [1] vs. Sun-Yong Kim Jr. KOR [WC]
Martin Slanar AUT vs. Mathieu Montcourt FRA
Simon Greul GER vs. Rik De Voest RSA
Adrian Cruciat ROU vs. Kevin Kim USA [7]

Denis Istomin UZB [3] vs. Kyu-Tae Im KOR [WC]
Lukasz Kubot POL vs. Alex Bogomolov Jr. USA
Daniel Brands GER vs. Q
Danai Udomchoke THA vs. Michael Berrer GER [6]

Go Soeda JPN [8] vs. Kristian Pless DEN
Q vs. Q
Pavel Snobel CZE vs. Jae-Sung An KOR [WC]
Simon Stadler GER vs. Björn Phau GER [4]

Flavio Cipolla ITA [5] vs. Robert Smeets AUS
Hyung-Taik Lee KOR vs. Soong-Jae Cho KOR [WC]
Q vs. Edouard Roger-Vasselin FRA
Yuri Schukin KAZ vs. Ivo Minar CZE [2]

CooCooCachoo
10-25-2008, 09:31 AM
It's bad losing to De Voest in singles. Am expecting a loss in doubles though. Thomas is not that good, and De Voest/Fisher are a strong team.

They actually won in doubles :lol: But they went out to Kubot/Marach in the semis.

*Sweet4Richard*
10-26-2008, 11:26 PM
They won.. haha Niceeee!!! :)

Good Luck in Busan Eddie :bounce:

CooCooCachoo
10-27-2008, 08:21 AM
Not the title ;) But they won two matches :p

*Sweet4Richard*
10-28-2008, 02:19 AM
Yeah I know, (sadly not the title).. but its nice to be happy for winning two matches. :lol:

CooCooCachoo
10-28-2008, 09:15 AM
He & Montcourt got demolished in Busan though :(

*Sweet4Richard*
10-29-2008, 02:09 AM
Edouard beat Jum 6-1, 6-4 :)

CooCooCachoo
11-01-2008, 12:09 PM
BRATISLAVA CHALLENGER | MAIN DRAW

Marcel Granollers ESP [1] vs. Q
Pavel Snobel CZE vs. Q
Q vs. Jiri Vanek CZE
Q vs. Kristof Vliegen BEL [6]

Mischa Zverev GER [3] vs. Harel Levy ISR
Lukas Lacko SVK [WC] vs. Jan Hernych CZE
Marek Semjan SVK [WC] vs. Dominik Hrbaty SVK [WC]
Flavio Cipolla ITA vs. Sergiy Stakhovsky UKR [5]

Chris Guccione AUS [8] vs. Joseph Sirianni AUS
Brendan Evans USA vs. Michael Berrer GER
Bohdan Ulihrach CZE vs. Lukasz Kubot POL
Martin Klizan SVK [WC] vs. Philipp Petzschner GER [4]

Ivo Minar CZE [7] vs. Stéphane Bohli SUI
Edouard Roger-Vasselin FRA vs. Adrian Mannarino FRA
Alexander Peya AUT vs. Evgeny Korolev RUS
Lukas Rosol CZE vs. Florent Serra FRA [2]

*Sweet4Richard*
11-04-2008, 01:37 AM
Ooo Adrian.. rematch from the Bronx.. interesting :) Goo Edouard

Bobble
11-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Big win Eddie, 4-6 7-6(5) 6-4

*Sweet4Richard*
11-05-2008, 12:47 AM
Awesomeeee :)

*Sweet4Richard*
11-07-2008, 02:01 AM
Bohli def. Edouard 6-3, 3-6, 6-3

CooCooCachoo
11-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Yes, Bohli had more power from the baseline and with his serve. While he made more errors than Edouard, he managed to put quite some pressure on Doud, who had some really bad games in the final set. But Doud didn't seem upset, even smiled at Bohli at the net.

*Sweet4Richard*
11-10-2008, 01:47 AM
Oo thanks for the report!

Were you there all week?

jitterbug
12-24-2008, 04:00 AM
Doud is on the AO qualies entry list :D I'll be there for the whole thing (qualies + main draw) so I hope to get photos for all of you again, fingers crossed :D

CooCooCachoo
12-24-2008, 08:25 AM
Lucky you :rocker: Have fun :D Hope you'll also watch Cipo, Marco and Vic :p

jitterbug
12-24-2008, 03:11 PM
Lucky you :rocker: Have fun :D Hope you'll also watch Cipo, Marco and Vic :p

I get the hint :p I'll get their photos for you :rocker2: I'll be meeting up with Yvo again :D

CooCooCachoo
12-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Again? Didn't know you guys met before. Ah, Yvo is so lucky to be cheering Marco on there. If you're going to watch him with her, you'll come back a fan. I guarantee you. I should be there to watch Flavio with you, and you'd also become a fan of him ;)

jitterbug
12-25-2008, 12:46 AM
Again? Didn't know you guys met before. Ah, Yvo is so lucky to be cheering Marco on there. If you're going to watch him with her, you'll come back a fan. I guarantee you. I should be there to watch Flavio with you, and you'd also become a fan of him ;)

Yeah, we went for a walk around Sydney a couple of weeks back, it was fun :D I have tickets for Kooyong too, so I'll probably be running around between Melbourne Park for the qualies and the exho :unsure:

*Sweet4Richard*
12-30-2008, 12:27 AM
Doud is on the AO qualies entry list :D I'll be there for the whole thing (qualies + main draw) so I hope to get photos for all of you again, fingers crossed :D

Have fun!!! :wavey:

CooCooCachoo
01-03-2009, 09:40 AM
NOUMEA CHALLENGER | MAIN DRAW

Stéphane Bohli SUI [1] vs. Stefan Koubek AUT
Grega Zemlja SLO vs. Sébastien De Chaunac FRA [WC]
Alexandre Sidorenko FRA vs. Laurent Recouderc FRA
Thierry Ascione FRA vs. Mathieu Montcourt FRA [6]

Olivier Patience FRA [4] vs. Benôit Peyre FRA [WC]
Brendan Evans USA vs. Pavel Snobel CZE
Q vs. Paolo Lorenzi ITA
Q vs. Daniel Brands GER [5]

Josselin Ouanna FRA [7] vs. Edouard Roger-Vasselin FRA
David Guez FRA vs. Ryan Sweeting USA
Joshua Goodall GBR vs. Q
Jean-René Lisnard MON vs. Adrian Mannarino FRA [3]

Rik De Voest RSA [8] vs. Alex Bogdanovic GBR
Scoville Jenkins USA vs. Q
Eric Prodon FRA vs. Jonathan Dasnières de Véigy FRA [WC]
Florian Mayer GER [WC] vs. Victor Crivoi ROU [2]

*Sweet4Richard*
01-04-2009, 01:31 AM
So happy the new season is finally starting!!!! :woohoo:

Good Luck Edouard :banana:

jitterbug
01-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Doud beat Ouanna 4-6 6-2 7-6 :banana:

Géraldine
01-07-2009, 12:32 PM
That's a very good kind of information to begin the season

CooCooCachoo
01-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Great win :yeah:

Bobble
01-07-2009, 07:15 PM
:worship:keep it up

jitterbug
01-08-2009, 09:46 AM
Doud lost to Ryan Sweeting, 3:6 4:6 :sad:

CooCooCachoo
01-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Yes, I saw that :sad: Disappointed by it :sad:

CooCooCachoo
01-09-2009, 09:13 AM
QF:

Ascione & Roger-Vasselin [FRA, 2] vs. Montcourt & Recouderc [FRA] | 6-3 1-6 10-4

*Sweet4Richard*
01-10-2009, 09:13 PM
thanks for the updates everyone. greatly appreciated!! :)

*Sweet4Richard*
01-10-2009, 09:15 PM
They're in the finals after beating Patience/Tourte 6-4, 6-3.

Just checked the draw and it says "Rain No Further Play" http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/1/posting/2009/2205/mdd.pdf

CooCooCachoo
01-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Yeah, they reached the final but the doubles event has been discontinued.

Still a great run :yeah:

jitterbug
01-13-2009, 07:50 AM
He'll play Lukasz Kubot in the first round of the AO qualies.

CooCooCachoo
01-13-2009, 08:05 AM
AUSTRALIAN OPEN | QUALIFYING DRAW

Andreas Beck GER [2] vs. Brendan McKenzie AUS [WC]
Martin Fischer AUT vs. Kyu-Tae Im KOR
Edouard Roger-Vasselin FRA vs. Lukasz Kubot POL
Prakash Amritraj IND vs. Somdev Devvarman IND [28]

CooCooCachoo
01-13-2009, 08:05 AM
Kubot is not a bad draw, but Devvarman and especially Beck are players I wanted him to avoid.

jitterbug
01-13-2009, 08:21 AM
I'll be at Kooyong in the morning, but my friend is supposed to text me when the Malisse/Ram match before Doud's is about halfway done, so I can rush back to Melbourne Park. I'll need to take the train and 2 trams :(

CooCooCachoo
01-14-2009, 07:52 AM
Doud 2-1*

CooCooCachoo
01-14-2009, 08:00 AM
Doud 3-2*

CooCooCachoo
01-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Doud breaks.

*5-3. Allez :banana:

CooCooCachoo
01-14-2009, 08:18 AM
Doud takes the set

6-3 0-0*

CooCooCachoo
01-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Doud 6-3 1-3*

:(

CooCooCachoo
01-14-2009, 08:45 AM
Doud 6-3 2-4*

CooCooCachoo
01-14-2009, 09:02 AM
Doud 6-3 3-6 1-0*

Allez Edouard...

CooCooCachoo
01-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Doud 6-3 3-6 1-4*

Not looking good. At all.

CooCooCachoo
01-14-2009, 09:26 AM
*1-5.

Fight Edouard :(

CooCooCachoo
01-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Doud lost 1-6 final set :sad:

jitterbug
01-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Oh Edouard :help: the match finished at 9.30pm and it was so cold out there :help: I wasn't amused that he lost after all that effort.

He played so beautifully in the first set. He lost his way a little in the second set, made more unforced errors and Kubot started hitting better.

Unfortunately in the final set he also lost his temper :unsure: he yelled at a ballkid: "La balle!" because he wanted to hit a ball over to Kubot's side of the court when it was Kubot's turn to serve.

On one of the deuces in the second-last game, Kubot had a second serve fault that the linesman and umpire ignored and it was counted as an ace. Doud was furious - he started arguing with the umpire for a couple of minutes.

Very disappointing, in a nutshell :sobbing:

PS - I saw Olivier Marach, Adrian Mannarino and a few other Frenchies watching him.

CooCooCachoo
01-14-2009, 06:22 PM
:sobbing: But yeah, he does have a bit of a temper. He probably was very very disappointed himself :sad:

Marach was watching Kubot, for sure :lol:

*Sweet4Richard*
01-15-2009, 05:41 PM
shame that Edouard lost :(

but thanks so much for the report. Love reading first-hand accounts of what happened. :yeah:

jitterbug
01-17-2009, 10:48 AM
Six photos of Doud are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/paifairuz/sets/72157612652989002/

Sorry for the crap quality, it was almost night-time when he started playing :sobbing:

CooCooCachoo
01-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks Zahirah, I like them :hearts:

I hope you have some of Cipo and Marco :p

jitterbug
01-17-2009, 11:20 AM
Cipolla became blobs of light on my camera :sobbing:

I think I have some of Marco though :p I'll upload them tomorrow.

CooCooCachoo
01-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Blobs of light :haha: OMG. :lol:

*Sweet4Richard*
01-18-2009, 06:40 PM
The pictures are wonderful :worship:

At the US Open, if the lights come on I can't take any photos. Everything is blurred and it looks like people are moving..... yours are a TON better, trust me. :lol:

CooCooCachoo
01-31-2009, 01:25 PM
WROCLAW CHALLENGER | MAIN DRAW

Olivier Rochus BEL [1] vs. Thierry Ascione FRA
Florian Mayer GER [SE] vs. Lukasz Kubot POL
Alexandre Sidorenko FRA vs. Daniel Brands GER
Björn Rehnquist SWE vs. Mathieu Montcourt FRA [6]

Michael Berrer GER [3] vs. Lukas Rosol CZE
Adrian Cruciat ROU vs. Jerzy Janowicz POL [WC]
Q vs. Lukas Dlouhy CZE
Kristian Pless DEN vs. Santiago Giraldo COL [7]

Michail Elgin RUS [8] vs. Benedikt Dorsch GER
Edouard Roger-Vasselin FRA vs. Marcin Gawron POL [WC]
Q vs. Pavel Snobel CZE
Alex Bogdanovic GBR vs. Karol Beck SVK [4]

Sam Warburg USA [5] vs. Artur Romanowski POL [WC]
Alejandro Falla COL vs. Michal Przysiezny POL [WC]
Q vs. Danai Udomchoke THA
Q vs. Adrian Mannarino FRA [2]

jitterbug
01-31-2009, 01:29 PM
Allez Doud :rocker2:

CooCooCachoo
02-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Edouard won 6-4 6-2 :dance: A much easier match than I expected.

*Sweet4Richard*
02-12-2009, 02:48 AM
So hard following Doud this time of year... I'm so out of it.. Allez!!
:)

Géraldine
02-25-2009, 07:26 PM
First turn : Edouard Roger-Vasselin (FRA) beat Julien Jeanpierre (FRA) 5-7 6-3 6-4

Second turn : Edouard Roger-Vasselin (FRA) beat Denis Istomin (OUZ) 7-6 (4) 6-2

Ome
03-17-2009, 02:31 PM
From Bangkok :)

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3639/dsc00657b.th.jpg (http://img18.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00657b.jpg) http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5387/dsc00667f.th.jpg (http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00667f.jpg) http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1976/dsc00681lhk.th.jpg (http://img27.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00681lhk.jpg) http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2033/dsc00682m.th.jpg (http://img27.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00682m.jpg) http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5579/dsc00683z.th.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00683z.jpg) http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7820/dsc00684zfe.th.jpg (http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00684zfe.jpg)

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8541/dsc00685w.th.jpg (http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00685w.jpg) http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2827/dsc00686o.th.jpg (http://img4.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00686o.jpg) http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2493/dsc00766f.th.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00766f.jpg) http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8638/dsc00767cgq.th.jpg (http://img15.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00767cgq.jpg) http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3915/dsc00772g.th.jpg (http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00772g.jpg) http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6278/dsc00773ksy.th.jpg (http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00773ksy.jpg) http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8233/dsc00774g.th.jpg (http://img4.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00774g.jpg) http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9145/dsc00778v.th.jpg (http://img18.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00778v.jpg) http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9345/dsc00779w.th.jpg (http://img23.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00779w.jpg) http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9760/dsc00790h.th.jpg (http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00790h.jpg) http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3493/dsc00801d.th.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00801d.jpg) http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8315/dsc00823u.th.jpg (http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00823u.jpg) http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/301/dsc00825z.th.jpg (http://img8.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00825z.jpg)

Géraldine
03-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Thank you ! Lovely pics !

CooCooCachoo
03-17-2009, 11:25 PM
Awesome! Thanks so much :worship:

Ome
03-18-2009, 03:18 PM
You're welcome! He is such a nice guy! SUPER friendly :worship:

Didn't take many pictures of him today, sorry.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/1949/dsc00905.th.jpg (http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00905.jpg) http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/66/dsc00916.th.jpg (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00916.jpg)

jitterbug
03-18-2009, 08:25 PM
He is in Bangkok, Jai you lucky thing! :eek: :hearts: Thank you!

Ome
03-21-2009, 03:40 AM
From his match against Beck:

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/615/dsc01000o.th.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01000o.jpg) http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5291/dsc00978ezt.th.jpg (http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00978ezt.jpg) http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1980/dsc00979k.th.jpg (http://img12.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00979k.jpg) http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7383/dsc00980yex.th.jpg (http://img18.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00980yex.jpg) http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7233/dsc00982r.th.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00982r.jpg) http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3995/dsc00990g.th.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00990g.jpg)

Edouard at the temple:

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9076/dsc01031pmp.th.jpg (http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01031pmp.jpg) http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8950/dsc01021l.th.jpg (http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01021l.jpg) http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/771/dsc01024d.th.jpg (http://img23.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01024d.jpg) http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1476/dsc01033.th.jpg (http://img257.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01033.jpg) http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5001/dsc01037s.th.jpg (http://img27.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01037s.jpg)

Géraldine
03-22-2009, 09:39 AM
News pics ! Very original $. Thanks Ome !

Géraldine
03-22-2009, 09:42 AM
From Bangkok :)
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9345/dsc00779w.th.jpg (http://img23.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00779w.jpg)
Do you know who is this guy in red ?

CooCooCachoo
03-22-2009, 11:20 AM
I think it is Nicolas Copin of Team Lagardère.

Ome
03-22-2009, 11:36 AM
That's the coach of Montcourt, Laurent Raymond. Edouard's coach didn't come here with him, he was back in Paris.

Géraldine
03-22-2009, 01:13 PM
That's the coach of Montcourt, Laurent Raymond. Edouard's coach didn't come here with him, he was back in Paris.
Thanks !

Do you go to Korat challenger next week ?

Ome
03-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Thanks !

Do you go to Korat challenger next week ?

You're welcome :)

I don't think so. The guys are bored of me already :lol:

CooCooCachoo
04-25-2009, 02:57 PM
OK! The thread has been quiet for too long :p Time for an update:

RHODES CHALLENGER | MAIN DRAW

Dudi Sela ISR [1] vs. Alexandros Georgoudas GER [WC]
Joachim Johansson SWE vs. Amer Delic USA
Prakash Amritraj IND vs. Q
Michail Elgin RUS vs. Nicolas Mahut FRA [8]

Kevin Kim USA [3] vs. Q
Chris Guccione AUS vs. Benedikt Dorsch GER
Edouard Roger-Vasselin FRA vs. Somdev Devvarman IND
Grigor Dimitrov BUL [WC] vs. Benjamin Becker GER [7]

Thiago Alves BRA [6] vs. Q
Rik de Voest RSA vs. Karol Beck SVK
Pavel Snobel CZE vs. Grega Zemlja SLO
Brendan Evans USA vs. Michael Berrer GER [4]

Sergiy Stakhovsky UKR [5] vs. Rajeev Ram USA
Henri Kontinen FIN [WC] vs. Simon Stadler GER
Q vs. Theodoros Angelinos GRE [WC]
Alex Bogdanovic GBR vs. Bobby Reynolds USA [2]

Bobble
05-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Doud won today in Bordeaux, why is this thread still so quiet?

CooCooCachoo
05-18-2009, 05:31 PM
ROLAND GARROS | QUALIFYING DRAW

Thiago Alves BRA [13] vs. Jaroslav Pospisil CZE
Edouard Roger-Vasselin FRA vs. Adrian Cruciat ROU
Bruno Echagaray MEX vs. Björn Rehnquist SWE
Axel Michon FRA [WC] vs. Lukasz Kubot POL [25]

CooCooCachoo
05-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Well, Doud got the prize draw, really. No complaints possible:

- Alves is a hard court player.
- Pospisil is in craaaap form, even if he is best on clay.
- Cruciat has not fully recovered from injury it seems; his post-injury results are very bad.
- Echagaray and Rehnquist are better on fast surfaces.
- Michon is young and unexperienced.
- Kubot is in good form, but mentally fragile.

jitterbug
05-18-2009, 11:30 PM
It'd be a bit of poetic justice if he beats Kubot to get into the main draw :p I'm still smarting over the AO qualies loss...

CooCooCachoo
05-19-2009, 02:16 PM
He only lost five games to Cruciat :yeah:

Next up is Alves who struggled past Pospisil. Kubot and Rehnquist are the other two left in the section.

Bobble
05-19-2009, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the update!

Géraldine
05-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Great behaviour today !

Ilovetheblues_86
05-19-2009, 05:24 PM
He always reminded me Muse's vocalist Matt bellamy.

CooCooCachoo
05-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Why? :unsure:

Ilovetheblues_86
05-20-2009, 12:11 AM
http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/p3/20080610/19/2452944607.jpg

http://a3.vox.com/6a00c2251e73cff21900c2252966d38fdb-500pi

No? :)

More: Which is which?

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/swirlEYEboy/MattBellamy3.jpg

http://www.sport24.com/var/plain_site/storage/images/tennis/atp/joueurs-atp/roger-vasselin/64245-1-fre-FR/roger-vasselin_joueurfoot.jpg

Well not a deffo clone, but some facial similarities. The hair has the same style, also the nose is a bit pointy. :) Edouard is much taller I think also.

CooCooCachoo
05-20-2009, 06:55 AM
I don't see it, to be honest :p

CooCooCachoo
05-20-2009, 04:24 PM
5-7 6-3 3-6 loss to Alves :sobbing:

Bobble
05-20-2009, 04:35 PM
he even broke back in the third....only to be broken again himself. tough third set.

Ilovetheblues_86
05-20-2009, 05:27 PM
I don't see it, to be honest :p

They are not very similar, but they remind me each other a bit.

jitterbug
05-21-2009, 02:37 AM
5-7 6-3 3-6 loss to Alves :sobbing:

CooCooCachoo
05-24-2009, 08:13 PM
ROLAND GARROS | DOUBLES DRAW

Fyrstenberg & Matkowski [POL, 6] vs. Prieto & Vassallo Arguello [ARG]
M. López & Robredo [ESP] vs. Chela & Schwank [ARG]
Butorac & Lipsky [USA] vs. Kohlmann & Waske [GER]
Montcourt & Roger-Vasselin [FRA, WC] vs. Kubot & Marach [POL/AUT, 9]

jitterbug
05-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Doud will play first-round doubles in the 3rd match on Court 16 tomorrow.

CooCooCachoo
05-28-2009, 09:58 PM
Really surprisingly strong scoreline for Doud and Montcourt, even though they lost.

4-6 6-4 2-6. Very valiant effort.

CooCooCachoo
06-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Nottingham :banana: On grass :banana:

1R beat Muller, 6-4 6-4 :worship:

CooCooCachoo
06-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Lost to Goodall in three sets :(

jitterbug
06-06-2009, 12:26 AM
He's in the Queens qualies, will play Dan Cox (WC) in R1.

CooCooCachoo
06-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Allez Doud :rocker:

Cyril S.
06-06-2009, 12:42 PM
My photos from Roland Garros:
http://zefts.free.fr/RogerVasselin/ed.htm

CooCooCachoo
06-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Edouard won against Cox, 6-1 7-6 :hatoff:

CooCooCachoo
06-06-2009, 03:35 PM

Merci Cyril :worship: Great photos :hatoff:

jitterbug
06-06-2009, 10:13 PM

Merci! Your photos are really, really good :yeah:

jitterbug
06-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Doud will play Kevin Anderson at 11am on Court 9 :rocker2:

jitterbug
06-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Doud lost, 4-6 4-6 :(

CooCooCachoo
06-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Tough loss, but Anderson is not someone you want to come across on grass.

jitterbug
06-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Good luck in the Wimbledon qualies :)

Renaud
06-14-2009, 06:07 PM
His Wimbledon qualies draw:
Horacio Zeballos (http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/players/overview/atpz184.html) ARG (8) v Michel Koning (http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/players/overview/atpk667.html) NED
Scoville Jenkins (http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/players/overview/atpj290.html) USA v Edouard Roger-Vasselin (http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/players/overview/atpr613.html) FRA
Bernard Tomic (http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/players/overview/atpta46.html) AUS v Alex Bogomolov Jr. (http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/players/overview/atpb842.html) USA
Diego Alvarez (http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/players/overview/atpa366.html) ARG v Juan Pablo Brzezicki (http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/players/overview/atpb764.html) ARG (29)

jitterbug
06-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Doud beat Jenkins 6-7(4) 6-3 6-0. He'll play Horacio Zeballos (Q8) from Argentina next.

soulage
06-16-2009, 04:29 PM
He beats Zeballos in two sets :) and will play the final round against Tomic or Brzezicki. Tomic is leading in that match.

Géraldine
06-16-2009, 04:45 PM
I hope he will reach the final draw ! Come on Doud !

PinkFeatherBoa
06-17-2009, 11:12 PM
:wavey:

Just wanted to share with you some pictures I took at Doud's 1st qualie match on Monday. It was a really fun match and a good performance by him (I particularly liked in the 1st set when he serve volleyed on 3 different BP's against him and won the point every time. It was :worship: worthy.)

Full set of pictures starts here:
http://s301.photobucket.com/albums/nn64/pfboa/2009%20Qualies%20Wimbledon%20Day%201-%20Monday%2015th%20June/?action=view&current=IMG_3897.jpg

Some random examples:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn64/pfboa/2009%20Qualies%20Wimbledon%20Day%201-%20Monday%2015th%20June/IMG_3912.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn64/pfboa/2009%20Qualies%20Wimbledon%20Day%201-%20Monday%2015th%20June/IMG_3924.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn64/pfboa/2009%20Qualies%20Wimbledon%20Day%201-%20Monday%2015th%20June/IMG_3927.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn64/pfboa/2009%20Qualies%20Wimbledon%20Day%201-%20Monday%2015th%20June/IMG_3931.jpg

I plan to watch some of his match again tomorrow, hopefully he will qualify for the main draw. :)

Géraldine
06-18-2009, 08:22 AM
Thank you very much for the pictures. They are so unusual... and yours are lovely !

soulage
06-18-2009, 12:26 PM
He beats Tomic in three :worship:

Géraldine
06-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Well done ! I'm so happy and so proud of him !

Truc
06-18-2009, 01:09 PM
CooCoo is in Roehampton again, isn't he? He must feel like Doud's lucky charm.

Awesome pics, Jenny, thanks! He is very photogenic.

(And by the way, lequipe.fr still has an old pic of him with blond hair in his profile, I see it each time he's mentioned there, do you have more pics of him with that hairstyle? When was that? It looks so weird.
http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/joueurs/TennisFicheJoueurM_3146.html)

Géraldine
06-18-2009, 01:21 PM
This pic is very old. I think he's 17 on it. During the France championship

Truc
06-18-2009, 01:30 PM
Thanks!
So many tennis players had this kind of hairstyle at one time of their career, it's strange, I don't know any men dying their hair like that.

Doud is mentioned in today's "As it happens":
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/articles/2009-06-18/200906181245314802750.html

jitterbug
06-18-2009, 02:27 PM

Tijn, the lucky sod :lol: I, on the other hand, bring crap luck to Doud everytime I watch him play.

Good luck at Wimbledon :worship:

PS - That Peter Andre hairstyle is tragic, by the way. So glad he outgrew it ages ago.

jitterbug
06-19-2009, 11:04 AM
Doud plays Stefan Koubek in the first round of Wimbledon.

CooCooCachoo
06-24-2009, 12:15 PM

Awesome pics, Jenny, thanks! He is very photogenic.

(And by the way, lequipe.fr still has an old pic of him with blond hair in his profile, I see it each time he's mentioned there, do you have more pics of him with that hairstyle? When was that? It looks so weird.
http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/joueurs/TennisFicheJoueurM_3146.html)

:lol: Yeah, it was my third time in Roehampton and the third time Doud qualified :lol: I wasn't there on Monday though and missed his second round match as Flavio was on at the same time. Saw the final match against Tomic and thought he did OK. Solid performance, even if he choked at some stages. I did get the feeling that the likes of Tomic will have no problems with Edouard in the years to come; Tomic had much more potential, but his lack of firing power meant that Doud could sail relatively easily.

In the main draw, Edouard played really well against Koubek. He should have won the first set, but got nervous again and started to hit some horrible errors. All other sets were won by the player who should have won them, but really Edouard was the better player overall. The match was very high quality, and it became clear why Doud likes the grass, what with the way he mixed up his game. Full credit to Koubek, who played really well and never lost it (bar from some very disturbing laughing fit after the end of a rally).

By the way, does anyone know if Doud and Foretz are an item? Or just good friends? She was around his matches last year, and then again this year. She even came to Roehampton for his Q3 match, when she didn't have to play in qualies at all.