Rafa's play at the Australian Open [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rafa's play at the Australian Open

Blanco y Negro
01-29-2005, 10:25 PM
I was pleased to see how well Rafa played against Lleyton...I really thought he was going to win. He showed he can play with the best. I am excited to see him play again.

pryss
01-29-2005, 11:23 PM
he is improving his game very quickly... it's very impressive :)

Blanco y Negro
01-29-2005, 11:54 PM
Do you think he has a good shot to make it far at Roland Garros? The Spainish players ( Moya, Nadal, Rebredo, Ferrero) are tough on clay.

knight_ley
01-30-2005, 02:16 AM
Do you think he has a good shot to make it far at Roland Garros? The Spainish players ( Moya, Nadal, Rebredo, Ferrero) are tough on clay.

I think he has a shot to go very far.

ataptc
01-30-2005, 07:34 AM
I think he has a shot to go very far.
me too. i think he's improving alot on hardcourt so he should be even better on his fav surface :) i thought he was rather impressive against mikhail and lleyton

Eruwen
01-30-2005, 11:53 AM
Do you think he has a good shot to make it far at Roland Garros? The Spainish players ( Moya, Nadal, Rebredo, Ferrero) are tough on clay. I think so too! He beat Roddick in the dc final! Ok, so that's not a clay player, but still... no. 2 of the world at the time!

What I admire most about him though, is how strong he is mentally :worship: Marat could learn some things from him :lol:

~EMiLiTA~
01-30-2005, 01:14 PM
I was pleased to see how well Rafa played against Lleyton...I really thought he was going to win. He showed he can play with the best. I am excited to see him play again.

tell me about it...I was at the match and he played just incredibly...such a shame he couldn't win the first set cos then he could have beaten Lleyton in straight sets! next time!

he will definitely go far at the Slams in future, especially RG

Blanco y Negro
01-30-2005, 06:18 PM
tell me about it...I was at the match and he played just incredibly...such a shame he couldn't win the first set cos then he could have beaten Lleyton in straight sets! next time!

he will definitely go far at the Slams in future, especially RG

Emilita,

I am new to the site, my sisiter's name for this site is Loret...you may know her.

Thats great you were at the that match! Go Marat

damaged
01-30-2005, 10:41 PM
i saw his match against Hewitt on TV. i was impressed, but he needs to work on his backhand and serve.

~EMiLiTA~
01-31-2005, 07:13 AM
Emilita,

I am new to the site, my sisiter's name for this site is Loret...you may know her.

Thats great you were at the that match! Go Marat

yes yes I know Loret from the Tommy Robredo forums! she's very nice! pleased to meet you too! :)

Blanco y Negro
01-31-2005, 04:58 PM
Nice to meet you Emilita. Cool website you have.

~EMiLiTA~
02-01-2005, 09:37 AM
haha thanks...my AO photos have just been put on...am still working on the tournament report!

ayena
02-01-2005, 05:49 PM

I think he could get really far, but I don't want to be too optimistic. I know that's maybe to soon for that 'cause it's almost 5 months :sad: and we don't know anything yet but what do you think. How far can he go?? You think it'll be more than 4th round??
:bigclap: Rafa is back in 50. Good job :yeah:
Vamos Rafa :bounce: You can get higher!!!

Eruwen
02-01-2005, 05:52 PM
Mmm... I never like to make predictions like that. I mean, look what happened to Carlos at the AO :eek: I think Rafa has the potential to go far at RG... but it depends on so many things!

ayena
02-01-2005, 05:57 PM
Yeah Eruwen I guess you're right we must wait and see. I guess you never know waht will happen, it's just sport. Everyone can have bad day or something. It can be always suprise.

mandoura
02-08-2005, 04:46 AM

I think he has a great shot to make it far. But as he himself said, let's hope everything goes well until then so he can be in Roland Garros. ("My plans for Roland Garros is to be in Roland Garros." - Rafa)