SPEAK UP & TELL ESPN TO SHOW FEDERER/SAFIN SF LIVE! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

SPEAK UP & TELL ESPN TO SHOW FEDERER/SAFIN SF LIVE!

sierra91
01-26-2005, 07:20 PM
Latest news for tennis fans living in the U.S. is BAD: ESPN2 is planning to broadcast only the Hewitt/Roddick SF live but NOT Federer/Safin: http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tv...leWeek?sport=TN.

PLEASE join those of us (and have your friends, spouses, and colleagues do the same) who are flooding ESPN with emails requesting that they also show Federer/Safin. Here's the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/sitetools...act/espntv.html

LET'S GET THEM TO SHOW BOTH SEMIS AND THE FINALS LIVE IN THE U.S., REGARDLESS OF THE PLAYERS' NATIONALITIES!

RogiFan88
01-26-2005, 08:12 PM
we won't get ANY coverage of Rogi/Marat not live not taped, not tonight not tomorrow afternoon... if today's coverage is anything to go on... I'm in Canada... and the coverage is a repeat of the molik match... so tomorrow will be a repeat of the Womens' SF... and NO ROGI at all!!

This truly sucks.... ouahh!!!!!!!!!

Anyone in Quebec get Rogi/Marat? I may need to ask for a copy...

dewolv
01-26-2005, 08:36 PM
Latest news for tennis fans living in the U.S. is BAD: ESPN2 is planning to broadcast only the Hewitt/Roddick SF live but NOT Federer/Safin: http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tv...leWeek?sport=TN.

PLEASE join those of us (and have your friends, spouses, and colleagues do the same) who are flooding ESPN with emails requesting that they also show Federer/Safin. Here's the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/sitetools...act/espntv.html

LET'S GET THEM TO SHOW BOTH SEMIS AND THE FINALS LIVE IN THE U.S., REGARDLESS OF THE PLAYERS' NATIONALITIES!

I just sent an e-mail to espn about 5 minutes and I also urge my
fellow FEDERER fans in the US to do so as well.Hopefully they will
show this potentially great match live.

RogiFan88
01-26-2005, 08:41 PM
I think Fed fans are also emailing!

lunahielo
01-26-2005, 10:00 PM
I tried to send them an email and got the message *site not found*~~

I searched the ESPN site and found another link and sent a message!

fightclubber
01-27-2005, 12:08 AM
espn latin america is whowing it live as david lleyton one. 5:30 am my time... One of the guys of ESPN site e mailed me the data and i saw it at the tv advances.,
So ESPN latin america gets the signalk from espn usa, not from aussie signal ( for sure cos the d cut the interviews and show mc enroe and goldexroddick talkks) so I think you have to have it guys
CHECK
silvy

mitalidas
01-27-2005, 12:22 AM
in case they don't show it live, i'm planning to follow the score real time
anyone will be around?
3:30 am.... could do with some friendly Rogi-supportive company

Fergie
01-27-2005, 02:18 AM
in case they don't show it live, i'm planning to follow the score real time
anyone will be around?
3:30 am.... could do with some friendly Rogi-supportive company
I will be here too ;)

Dana
01-27-2005, 02:19 AM
we won't get ANY coverage of Rogi/Marat not live not taped, not tonight not tomorrow afternoon... if today's coverage is anything to go on... I'm in Canada... and the coverage is a repeat of the molik match... so tomorrow will be a repeat of the Womens' SF... and NO ROGI at all!!

This truly sucks.... ouahh!!!!!!!!!

Anyone in Quebec get Rogi/Marat? I may need to ask for a copy...
RogiFan, I think TSN will show the match tomorrow evening around 22h30 (in Ontario) and also on Friday. Check their schedule again.... In Quebec, they will show it tomorrow at 23h30. I'll record the match and if you need it, I'll be able to send you a tape.

fightclubber
01-27-2005, 03:04 AM
I saw the ESPN COMMERCIAL AGAIN, THEY SAY TIME FOR USA 3:30 ( DO NOT REMEMEBER IF PACIFIC TIME OR WHAT, WILL TAKE MORE ATTENTION IF I CAN
AND ALSO MEXICO 2:30,. ARGENTINA 5:30 ( AM)
SO PLEASE CHECK. MAYBE ESPN 2?
IF I CAN ILL BE HERE
I THINK ILL WATCH THE MATCH RESTING ON BED. IT WILL BE 5:30 AM TIME... SO ILL HAVE TO WAKE IP REALLY EARLY
MY CO- WORKER ACCEPTED TO GO EARLIER TO THE OFFICE ( I HAVE TO BE AT 7) SO i CAN SEE ROGIS MATCH. I WILL GO LATER.
ANYWAY... WILL TRY TO BE HERE BUT NOT THE FIRST 30 -.40 MINUTES
OK?

SILVY

TenHound
01-27-2005, 04:24 AM
They're showing Roddick Live? Why bother showing him at all? I suppose bashball has some followers, but most of us tune in to watch tennis, thank you! Pray we don't have another damn Rog-Roddick final. It's like watching a Ferrari & a Concrete Mixing Truck!! (Roddick has hands of concrete -what can I say!!)

Anyway, everyone, I'll happily email espn, if that's the consensus around here, but I don't understand why you care if it's live. I'd just as soon not check results & watch it broadcast @time I'm fully awake. So, if anyone cares to explain to me why it matters, please do.

After Aussie Open, I'd like to discuss w/my fellow Fed followers, what you think about asking espn if they'd broadcast Tennis for the Tennis Fan Showcase in their off hours. My beef w/espn is not whether stuff is live & who the announcers are, but that they try to sell deodorant rather than show tennis. I want to see the most interesting matches @the tournament, rather than Agassi, Roddick, Wms(es), Shreiknova, LDav.....ad infinitem.....and Rog, if we're lucky. Rog is about the only player I want always to see, even if he's practicing w/Tony. So, pls. think about this, and hopefully we can discuss it later. Enjoy
THE MATCH, everyone. I'm not sanguine about Rog's victory, but hope he plays beautifully.

RogiFan88
01-27-2005, 04:51 AM
RogiFan, I think TSN will show the match tomorrow evening around 22h30 (in Ontario) and also on Friday. Check their schedule again.... In Quebec, they will show it tomorrow at 23h30. I'll record the match and if you need it, I'll be able to send you a tape.

Merci, Dana! But we get tennis tomorrow at 11.30pm and on Fri 1pm... if we don't get the Rogi match I'll let you know... you can PM me!

;)

BTW, I don't mind coverage in French... pas de probleme!