HOW TO COPE WHEN LLEYTON PLAYS WITH OUR NERVES! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

HOW TO COPE WHEN LLEYTON PLAYS WITH OUR NERVES!

Yasmine
01-26-2005, 03:02 PM
I don't know about you guys but after these 2 last matches of Lleyton I'm gonna need a therapy and some tablets :lol:
So has anyone any idea of how to stay calm when that he plays kind of match? Because man we needed it today! :rolleyes: oh and a therapy that doesn't involve chocolate or tearing paper into pieces :cool: because my chocolate stock has gone and my room is in a mess with all the pieces of paper today :devil:

Murkofan
01-26-2005, 03:04 PM
Beer :p

thelma
01-26-2005, 03:05 PM
:lol:..

I almost die of a heart attack ..

Yasmine
01-26-2005, 03:06 PM
beer, would you drink beer first thing in the morning when he plays? :D

thelma
01-26-2005, 03:07 PM
Beer :p

Great idea ;) http://new.disneyecho.emuck.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/beer.gif :p

Murkofan
01-26-2005, 03:08 PM
beer, would you drink beer first thing in the morning when he plays? :D

A better question to ask is, when would I NOT drink beer? :p

Yasmine
01-26-2005, 03:09 PM
I almost die of a heart attack ..
Thelma :rolleyes: , we all want to avoid that and make sure we're all around to support Lleyton for many more years so we need a healthy parade :p

NOMAD
01-26-2005, 03:12 PM
:lol:nice thread.I'd like to know the answers too

Murkofan
01-26-2005, 03:13 PM
Y'all could all come sit in on my Econ class :p No matter how exciting Ll is making the match, Econ'll put us to sleep :p

NOMAD
01-26-2005, 03:18 PM
I think i should asked them for advice

http://tinyurl.com/4optj

TENNIS AUSTRALIAN OPEN
Melbourne, January 26, 2005. Andre Haermeyer who has taken up the portfolios of manufacturing and export, small business, and financial services in Victorian Government, with his wife Tonya Stevens watching the Lleyton Hewitt v David Nalbandian Quarter Final of the 2005 Australian Open at Rod Laver Arena. (AAP Image/STR) NO ARCHIVING.

Socket
01-26-2005, 03:23 PM
I have one of those stretchy exercise bands that I keep handy. When Lleyton misses a BP, I send it sailing across the room. :p

Murkofan
01-26-2005, 03:36 PM
Must've done that a lot last night :p

I swear a lot :o :p

Socket
01-26-2005, 03:50 PM
I'm afraid to check for damage to the walls. It's a good thing I don't rent.

thelma
01-26-2005, 03:55 PM

:lol:

http://xtramsn.co.nz/homepage2/imageLargeView/0,,3629218,00.jpeg :p

Jess
01-26-2005, 04:59 PM
How could those people have fallen asleep during that!!!! I didn't fall asleep and I had to stay up half the night to watch it :rolleyes: Lleyts you are fantastic!

I'm not sure how I'll watch the semi final. Probably from behind a cushion.

Hagar
01-26-2005, 05:18 PM
OMG! LOL at these two sleeping. They'll never be allowed at a Lleyton match again!

Yasmine
01-26-2005, 06:06 PM
actually the cushion was my solution too this morning! i was hiding my face half of the time especially in the last 3 sets :D

Goonergal
01-26-2005, 06:07 PM

TENNIS AUSTRALIAN OPEN
Melbourne, January 26, 2005. Andre Haermeyer who has taken up the portfolios of manufacturing and export, small business, and financial services in Victorian Government, with his wife Tonya Stevens watching the Lleyton Hewitt v David Nalbandian Quarter Final of the 2005 Australian Open at Rod Laver Arena. (AAP Image/STR) NO ARCHIVING.

OMFG :haha:

They must've had a late one the night before :aplot:

I've actually started throwing my slippers during this AO :p My slipper went flying across the room when Lleyts missed an easy shot at bp at about 6-6 or something :p I just tend to yell at the TV a lot :p

Yasmine
01-26-2005, 06:21 PM
I thought that if the SF turned just as nerve racking (which I think it might) we can use this thread to swear and shout... a shame we can't put sound in here :p

jusjctin
01-27-2005, 03:03 AM
actually the cushion was my solution too this morning! i was hiding my face half of the time especially in the last 3 sets :D
That's exactly what I did because I was listening to the match on AO radio via internet this morning from 3:30am -7:30am and because my family was still sleep everytime Lley scored I couldn't yell but in my pillow. Then in the fifth set I had to walk away for a moment and when I cam back I was screaming "He won, he won!"

Lisbeth
01-27-2005, 04:13 AM
:lol: well I'm glad none of you suffocated.

Luckily it was a vaguely civilised hour here, but there's an awful lot of yawning going on at work today (and not just from me either ;)! )

Ashie_87
01-27-2005, 05:21 AM
:lol: beer
I just threw my phone at the wall at the end of the 4th set and then persistently swore at whoever was around until 7 all in the 5th when I began hyperventilating:p when he won it was almost midnight and I ran up and down the stairs yelling until I got told off and went to bed;)

Yasmine
01-27-2005, 10:30 AM
:lol: well I'm glad none of you suffocated.
No worried Jane :angel: , we wanna see Lleyton winning that AO so we're making sure we stay alive for a few more days :D

<em>
01-27-2005, 02:59 PM
1. sit in class, follow what the teacher says and just wait ill u got a text to say what he scores are...(;))
2.sitting behind a big pillow and use it not to watch when he plays with our nerves! that's what i do...
3. just scream c'mon and yell as loud as u can with every pooint he wins and than it'll be much easier on u!! i swear it helps..

Jackie
01-28-2005, 12:45 AM
OMG! LOL at these two sleeping. They'll never be allowed at a Lleyton match again!

If they didn't want to be there, why didn't they sell me their tickets?

Jackie
01-28-2005, 12:50 AM
I tried to be quiet during the match because my mum had to work in the morning...then she got pissed off with me because I didn't wake her up to tell her that Lleyton won

panda7
01-28-2005, 04:24 AM
I admire and envy all of you who have the nerves to sit through any match of Lleyton's in a Grand Slam. Unfortunately I have a weak stomach and frail nerves whenever he or Kim C. are playing an important match and end up having severe anxiety attacks (strangely enough only in semis or finals). In order to combat my problem, I have taken to leaving my house and going to see a movie (if possible a 3 hour movie) at the furthest cinema in town just to avoid driving myself crazy. Since that won't be possible tonight as it will be 3:30 am by the time the match starts and it is not advisable to be walking Toronto streets in the middle of the night, I will be swallowing a sleeping pill at about 1:00 am to ensure that I sleep through the match. I have been saving this one pill for a special occasion and I think tonight is that occasion. Here's hoping it will work.

Lisbeth
01-28-2005, 05:25 AM
Apparently Lleyton's legendary mental toughness is not shared by his poor fans ;)

Yasmine
01-28-2005, 08:10 AM
Yeah Lleyton, you should have some considerations for us fans who have fragile nerves at times!:) Panda7, I can see where you're coming from, I must confess I feel much better when I'm at work because I just go now and again to see what the score is and I don't have time to do anything else! And since I'm busy all morning I don't really have time to think about anything else... But now I can follow it, I just can't not see what's happening, not easy to stay calm I must confess :p

Peoples
01-28-2005, 08:36 AM
It was probably the lack of C'mons after the first 2 good sets in that match why they fell asleep. Lleyton's concentration was really bad thereafter, I hope it won't let him down again today.

panda7
01-28-2005, 03:31 PM
I am happy to report that the sleeping pill worked wonders. I slept peacefully until 8:00 am and woke up to the fantastic news that Lleyton won! Despite my nerves (or lack thereof) I obviously had enough faith in Lleyton to only take 1/2 a sleeping pill and to save the other half in case he got to the final. Thank god for that otherwise I don't think I could survive.

Yasmine
01-28-2005, 05:24 PM
good on you Panda! I bet you're just as happy as all of us here :woohoo:

panda7
01-28-2005, 08:20 PM
good on you Panda! I bet you're just as happy as all of us here :woohoo:

Hi Yassmine - am I ever happy!! Enjoy the rest of your day up on cloud number nine.