Anyone going? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Anyone going?

Juanquis.Angel
01-17-2005, 11:43 PM
I usually go the first two days of the tourny, but I hope to stay the whole time this year.

Anyone else plan to be there?

Nimomunz
02-11-2005, 02:30 AM
Wicked cool :rocker2: even i'm planning to go but i really hope Marat, Andy Roger and all the good players are on game coz i'm thinking of buying a series ticket and i dont wanna pay for a final that is Mario Ancic vs. Max Mitnyi :ras: ....... no offense to either but i'm seriously into personality tennis. so i'm fingerscrossed for no injuries to all the good guys and of course a Federer vs Safin final........
That would be divine. :angel:
It'll take me 3hours to drive there coz i'm from glamorous Pennsylvania (hahaha) but i could make it an allround vacation and go to Montreal (ohlalala-coz i speak French) and have fun do i'm still undecided yet!! Convince me!! :unsure:

Eclectic Goddess
02-24-2005, 07:47 PM
I'm going! I've go every year, even though I live all the way out on the West coast. I haven't been to many other tournaments, but I doubt that any of them get much better. I usually go for the whole thing, even the qualies, because that's the best time to catch the big players out on the practice courts.

As for high quality finals, Nimomunz, if you look at the past several years, you'll find that the big players tend to do very well there. Agassi (Yuck, he nearly ruined last year for me!), Roddick, Moya, Kuerten...not too shabby.

CassL
02-28-2005, 11:07 PM
Being a relatively new tennis fan, this would be my first tournament IF I'm able to go. I live in the middle of Indiana and I would have went to Indy if Marat was coming! Duh! But since he's not, I guess I'll also have to drive 3 hours to Cincy just to see him. The problem now is finding someone to go with me. all my friends will be on vacation or is not interested enough to go with me. My mom would be too worried for me to go alone so the most likely scenario is me going with my dad.

Smankyou
03-08-2005, 06:03 AM
I might be in NC at the time... so I'm thinking about going.

So, how's the night life in Cincinnati? :p

El Legenda
04-07-2005, 04:18 AM
Im going...ill probly be there for the whole week...get there friday..then be there for 10 days...before i go back to college :)

cobalt60
06-05-2005, 02:16 AM
I may be going not sure but I heard that it was a very fan friendly tournie! Would go from Sat - Thurs! But can I deal with the heat and humidity?

Eclectic Goddess
06-05-2005, 04:11 AM
I may be going not sure but I heard that it was a very fan friendly tournie! Would go from Sat - Thurs! But can I deal with the heat and humidity?
I was AMAZED at how hot it was the first year we went. I never thought of Cincinnati as being in the South, but after a few years in the Pacific Northwest, I've just gotten soft. A couple years ago, I actually got heat exhaustion while we were there and we missed half a day of tennis because I had to spend it in bed.

It is very fan friendly, though. The show courts are amazing (my favorite is Court Three), and the practice courts are easily accessible. That first weekend is the very best time to go if you want to get up close to the biggest players, too.

I'm getting so excited! Just a little over two months! We already have everything booked, and now we're just waiting for our tickets to arrive. That's always a big day for us. (That's the day I finally allow myself to get my suitcase out of the closet and start putting stuff in it.)

cobalt60
06-05-2005, 07:13 PM
I was AMAZED at how hot it was the first year we went. I never thought of Cincinnati as being in the South, but after a few years in the Pacific Northwest, I've just gotten soft. A couple years ago, I actually got heat exhaustion while we were there and we missed half a day of tennis because I had to spend it in bed.

It is very fan friendly, though. The show courts are amazing (my favorite is Court Three), and the practice courts are easily accessible. That first weekend is the very best time to go if you want to get up close to the biggest players, too.

I'm getting so excited! Just a little over two months! We already have everything booked, and now we're just waiting for our tickets to arrive. That's always a big day for us. (That's the day I finally allow myself to get my suitcase out of the closet and start putting stuff in it.)

Thanks for responding. Sounds like I better make my decision soon about going or not. Easy for flights and I assume not so hard for the first weekend? And I noted some cheap hotels as well. Hope to see you there :wavey:

AntonyDupuis2005
06-07-2005, 11:19 PM
This tournament is really amazing. I went the last two years and loved it so much. I went Sat.-Tues so the Qualies and First Round. If you're into seeing top players up close and getting autographs this is the perfect tournament. there's even a scoreboard type thing telling you which court the players are practicing on. I go to this tournament all the way from Victoria, BC and it is well worth it.

LaTenista
06-12-2005, 10:50 PM
I live in SW Ohio, a short drive from the tournament site.

I first went in 2002 (my first live professional tennis as well) and saw Pete Sampras win his last match there. Since then, I've had series tickets (all 9 days qualies through finals) each year and I take off work - it's my summer vacation even though I go home every night to sleep.

I'm from Cincinnati originally and the heat/humidity doesn't bother me much, but I grew up with it. You can pick up free hand-fans from Mercedes Benz on the way in and you can bring water bottles in from outside (there are lots of water fountains on site to refill often during the day). I find the sun much more dangerous as I burnt my ears (now I wear hats) and my arms (45 SPF sunblock works best for me) - there is very little shade on Center Court during the day and basically none on the other courts.

Nightlife: There are tons of restaurants and bars/pubs in Mason (city that the site is located in) as well as in Cincinnati (20-25 minute drive south of Mason) and Newport, Kentucky (across the Ohio River from downtown Cincy). There are a few clubs downtown and along the river, but it seems a bit far to go after spending all day in the sun watching tennis IMHO.

I'm extremely biased (being from the area) but TMS Cincinnati is fantastic! The site (Lindner Family Tennis Center) is nice and the only tourney with 3 permanent stadiums outside of the grand slams. I'm also biased too because except for July & August I play and practice there. It is relatively easy to see the players and get autographs - all 6 practice courts are accessible. Each year there are tons of great matches and epic finals (2003 was Roddick vs Fish, 2004 Agassi vs Hewitt). It's the only ATP level tournament I've been to but compared to the Challenger I went to in Lexington, Kentucky last summer it was so much more thrilling and there was a lot more going on there.

Hope at least some of this helps some of you :cool:

Isabel

cobalt60
06-12-2005, 10:57 PM
Thank you so much Isabel! I think you have helped me make my decision! Hope to see you there. Sue

Whistleway
07-11-2005, 08:42 PM
This will be my first tourney and i am volunteering for this one as a marshal. Anyone up here volunteering?

jole
07-20-2005, 04:32 PM
I live in Atlanta, and I am seriously considering going. I would probably end up going Mon-Wed or so. It will be an 8 hour drive (ugh), but I really just don't feel like shelling out the cash for an airfare considering this is a bit last minute, and the prices are kinda uh, high!

I also have checked out hotels a little bit, and so far a ton of them seem to be like 20+ minutes from Mason. I am really hoping to just keep it simple and stay right near the tennis center, or at least right in Mason. Luckily I still have a few weeks to think things out.

Any tips appreciated!

Eclectic Goddess
07-20-2005, 04:47 PM
I live in Atlanta, and I am seriously considering going. I would probably end up going Mon-Wed or so. It will be an 8 hour drive (ugh), but I really just don't feel like shelling out the cash for an airfare considering this is a bit last minute, and the prices are kinda uh, high!

I also have checked out hotels a little bit, and so far a ton of them seem to be like 20+ minutes from Mason. I am really hoping to just keep it simple and stay right near the tennis center, or at least right in Mason. Luckily I still have a few weeks to think things out.

Any tips appreciated!
I wish I had the option to drive, but since I live on the West coast, it would be a two day trip. Oh well.

There are very few hotels near the tennis center, and most of them are fairly expensive. The cheapest of them is usually the Kings Island Resort (http://www.kingsislandresort.com/), which has the advantage of a shuttle to and from the grounds and TWO pools. Otherwise, you'll have no choice but to drive.

There is another grouping of hotels about 10 minutes away (on 71), but they are even more expensive, since that's where the players stay.

We usually stay about 20 minutes away, to the South, but it's really not that bad, just a straight shot up the expressway. Our hotel is near lots of restaurants, and we spend about half as much.

Need any other tips?

jole
07-20-2005, 06:52 PM
I wish I had the option to drive, but since I live on the West coast, it would be a two day trip. Oh well.

There are very few hotels near the tennis center, and most of them are fairly expensive. The cheapest of them is usually the Kings Island Resort (http://www.kingsislandresort.com/), which has the advantage of a shuttle to and from the grounds and TWO pools. Otherwise, you'll have no choice but to drive.

There is another grouping of hotels about 10 minutes away (on 71), but they are even more expensive, since that's where the players stay.

We usually stay about 20 minutes away, to the South, but it's really not that bad, just a straight shot up the expressway. Our hotel is near lots of restaurants, and we spend about half as much.

Need any other tips?

Hey! Appreciate the information.

Well, the more I think about it I might just fly. Driving would be easily $50 in gas alone each way, stopping to eat, wear and tear on the car, crap like that. A plane flight will probably be around $300-$350, but worse shit has happened. This is probably going to be my only chance to go to a tournament this year (considering this is the week before school starts), so I might as well just fly and see a few rounds up there.

Regarding hotels, I guess a 20ish minute drive up to Mason wouldn't be too bad. I checked the places right by Mason and they seemed a bit high for what it's worth.

jole
07-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Oh yea.

A question regarding tickets.

In all likelihood the only tickets I'll reserve are the day session tickets (the 11am ones). Only if there are matches I want to see will I bother to stick around for the night session (the 7:30pm ones). From what you know, if I don't have reserved tickets for the night session, and I decide on the spur of the moment I want to go at night, is it pretty easy to get tickets there at the box office? I mean, I can't imagine I won't be able to get a ticket for the night session there, but I always prefer going to tournaments with all my tickets beforehand.

Thanks so much!

Eclectic Goddess
07-20-2005, 07:50 PM
Oh yea.

A question regarding tickets.

In all likelihood the only tickets I'll reserve are the day session tickets (the 11am ones). Only if there are matches I want to see will I bother to stick around for the night session (the 7:30pm ones). From what you know, if I don't have reserved tickets for the night session, and I decide on the spur of the moment I want to go at night, is it pretty easy to get tickets there at the box office? I mean, I can't imagine I won't be able to get a ticket for the night session there, but I always prefer going to tournaments with all my tickets beforehand.

Thanks so much!
I don't know how easy it is to buy tickets at the box office the day of, because I've always gotten my tickets in advance. However, the crowds never seem that big in the center court at night, so you shouldn't have any problems.

On the other hand, if you just want to stay and watch matches on the outside courts, you don't need a night session ticket. Just don't leave the grounds after the day session expires. For the first couple days, there will be matches pretty much straight through.

jole
07-20-2005, 08:17 PM
I don't know how easy it is to buy tickets at the box office the day of, because I've always gotten my tickets in advance. However, the crowds never seem that big in the center court at night, so you shouldn't have any problems.

On the other hand, if you just want to stay and watch matches on the outside courts, you don't need a night session ticket. Just don't leave the grounds after the day session expires. For the first couple days, there will be matches pretty much straight through.

Yea, that sounds good. I mean I'm pretty sure I'll totally stick to the outer courts unless like, Dominik is playing in center court. Kinda like how he played Federer first round last year.

LaTenista
07-21-2005, 03:41 PM
I live less than 5 miles from the tournament and this week I've been at the WTA Western & Southern Financial Group Women's Open. They are being extremely lax about tickets. So far I have not once had to show my ticket to enter Center Court, and I've sat in the boxes on Grandstand and Center - I don't have box seats - but the ushers are encouraging people to sit close if people aren't using their seats.

#1 tip: bring a water bottle and refill it at the various water fountains on site. $3 for a bottle of Aquafina is ridiculous!

#2 tip: bring a umbrella and a towel to dry your seat after the rain delay.

#3 tip: wear old shoes because the "parking" is really a field and after about the 5th rain delay turns into a scene straight out of Woodstock.

Didn't Atlanta used to have a tourney? What happened?

See you there I hope ;)

Eclectic Goddess
07-21-2005, 04:42 PM
I live less than 5 miles from the tournament and this week I've been at the WTA Western & Southern Financial Group Women's Open. They are being extremely lax about tickets. So far I have not once had to show my ticket to enter Center Court, and I've sat in the boxes on Grandstand and Center - I don't have box seats - but the ushers are encouraging people to sit close if people aren't using their seats.

#1 tip: bring a water bottle and refill it at the various water fountains on site. $3 for a bottle of Aquafina is ridiculous!

#3 tip: wear old shoes because the "parking" is really a field and after about the 5th rain delay turns into a scene straight out of Woodstock.

See you there I hope ;)

All really great tips! We ALWAYS carry a little towel around, because even if it doesn't rain, you can still sit on it. (Because sometimes plunking your bare thighs down on a burning metal or ragged wooden bench is not so much fun.)

It's funny, some years the ushers seem really lax about people sitting where ever they want, and some years they'll chase you down and make sure that you're not sitting even one seat off from where you should be. We actually got to watch the Moya/Hewitt final from the front row a few years ago, and no one said two words to us.

jole
07-21-2005, 08:49 PM

See you there I hope ;)

Thanks for the tips.

Yes, Atlanta had a nice little clay tournament through 2001. Sadly, there were sponsorship issues and we haven't gotten a new one yet. There was an attempt to get the tournament the week prior to the U.S. Open in Atlanta (old Hamlet Cup on Long Island), but New Haven got it. Overall it is very frustrating to not have a tournament considering Atlanta is one of the biggest tennis markets in the world, and has the most players of any city.

ktwtennis
07-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Hey, I'll be going on Tuesday!! ANyone want to meet up?

Regenbogen
07-27-2005, 01:29 AM
i'm going....monday and tuesday :)

LaTenista
07-27-2005, 02:44 AM
I've re-read this entire thread (not rhyming on purpose :p) and it seems everyone will be there on the Tuesday. Do we all want to meet up at say 10:30 am at the site (play will start at 11 am that day)? At the entrance to the musuem, as it's right inside the main gate? Thoughts anyone?

As I'm superclose to the tourney, anyone who needs help and advice feel free to PM me.

BTW Those flying in, the Dayton airport is about the same distance away as the Cincinnati one (about an hour driving).

ktwtennis
07-27-2005, 04:48 PM
I've re-read this entire thread (not rhyming on purpose :p) and it seems everyone will be there on the Tuesday. Do we all want to meet up at say 10:30 am at the site (play will start at 11 am that day)? At the entrance to the musuem, as it's right inside the main gate? Thoughts anyone?

As I'm superclose to the tourney, anyone who needs help and advice feel free to PM me.

BTW Those flying in, the Dayton airport is about the same distance away as the Cincinnati one (about an hour driving).Sounds like a good idea...I'm going w/my family, so I hope I can get away to meet ya all. btw, I'm eighteen and a male w/brown hair. Perhaps I'll post a pic later so you can recognize me! Could you guys do that also?

jole
07-28-2005, 12:38 AM
Hey again!

Ok like, the Dayton Airport advice was fabulous. It is going to cost me slightly over half what flying into Cincinatti would cost me. I can live with that.

Regarding lodging, I might be staying with some relatives, however I don't really know them as they are pretty distant. Also, I've yet to find out where exactly they live, other than it's "somewhat near Cincinatti, yet rural" so no clue exactly. Could be not too far from Mason or it could be really far out, but meh will play it by ear I guess.

El Legenda
07-28-2005, 01:15 AM
Marriot Hotel in Mason county is where the players stay :)

El Legenda
07-28-2005, 01:16 AM
BTW Those flying in, the Dayton airport is about the same distance away as the Cincinnati one (about an hour driving).

yeah..Cincinnati airport is not even in the same state as Cincy :rolls:

jole
07-28-2005, 01:35 AM
Marriot Hotel in Mason county is where the players stay :)

Is currently sold out now!

Eclectic Goddess
07-28-2005, 04:11 AM
It has been for over eight months. There is a waiting list for rooms if you book through the tournament, if you're willing to pay a couple hundred dollars a night, that is.

jole
07-28-2005, 04:29 AM
No problem, I'll just have to outbid a possible last minute qualifier like Jonas Bjorkman. Uh huh. :p

El Legenda
07-28-2005, 05:57 AM

not if you are a player guest ;)

Kristen
07-28-2005, 07:48 AM
No problem, I'll just have to outbid a possible last minute qualifier like Jonas Bjorkman. Uh huh. :p
*cough* ass! *cough* ;) :hug: (haha jonas & qualifying. Sad, but true.)

jole
07-28-2005, 08:51 PM
*cough* ass! *cough* ;) :hug: (haha jonas & qualifying. Sad, but true.)

Ok ok, if Jonas needs a room I suppose I'll let him have it!

jole
07-28-2005, 09:02 PM
not if you are a player guest ;)

Sorry, I like -totally- didn't know that.

NicoFan
07-31-2005, 09:44 PM
Me.

I'm going.

I'll be there Sat - Wed.

Question: about how much is the taxi going to cost me from the airport to Mason? Looks totally far from the map, but don't want to drive.

LaTenista
07-31-2005, 10:39 PM
Me.

I'm going.

I'll be there Sat - Wed.

Question: about how much is the taxi going to cost me from the airport to Mason? Looks totally far from the map, but don't want to drive.

Given the summer traffic, it's about an hour drive. I once did it in 45 minutes but that was in the fall after 9 pm at night.

If you are flying into CVG, there is a sign in the baggage claim area that lists prices for rides to certain areas and a phone you can use to contact the company. I seem to remember the Mason area being somewhere in the $58 to $75 range. I've never taken a taxi from there because I either leave my car in long term parking or arrange for a relative to drop/pick me up. Sadly Cincy and the surrounding area has very poor public transportation (buses only, which run on schedules/routes that never fit my needs). There are subway tunnels but the project was never completed due to the Great Depression.

Eclectic Goddess
07-31-2005, 11:04 PM
Given the summer traffic, it's about an hour drive. I once did it in 45 minutes but that was in the fall after 9 pm at night.

If you are flying into CVG, there is a sign in the baggage claim area that lists prices for rides to certain areas and a phone you can use to contact the company. I seem to remember the Mason area being somewhere in the $58 to $75 range.
Yep. Last time we took a cab, which was a couple years ago, it cost $65, before tip. (That's just one of the reasons we now rent a car.)

NicoFan
08-01-2005, 12:14 AM

If you are flying into CVG, there is a sign in the baggage claim area that lists prices for rides to certain areas and a phone you can use to contact the company. I seem to remember the Mason area being somewhere in the $58 to $75 range. I've never taken a taxi from there because I either leave my car in long term parking or arrange for a relative to drop/pick me up. Sadly Cincy and the surrounding area has very poor public transportation (buses only, which run on schedules/routes that never fit my needs). There are subway tunnels but the project was never completed due to the Great Depression.

Thanks!

Wow...that's a huge taxi bill. :eek:

NicoFan
08-01-2005, 01:13 PM
FYI.

Called the hotel that I'm staying at today to see about transportation from the airport to the hotel.

They gave me the name of a shuttle service.

Very inexpensive - $33 one way, $62 roundtrip.

If you need the name/number, pm me, and I can give it to you.

MightyJurgenfan
08-03-2005, 04:49 PM
I will be there for the entire tournament if I last. I have been going for the past two years and love it. A friend is driving me out from here in Arkansas and I will be staying with some very good friends in Miamisburg just up the road. I feel this is the best place to watch tennis and get near the players. The practice courts are great. The signs during matches keep you posted on what is happening on the other courts and that is great. If I am waiting for a certain match to start I just keep an eye on the scoreboard and know when it is time to move.

Hope we do not have rain like last year. That was a long day of sitting around.

Everyone enjoy yourself.

DJ dropshot
08-03-2005, 07:45 PM
Don't forget to enter the drawing for the bobble heads each day. It's easy to win. This year it will probably be Agassi. Last year it was Andy, and the year before it was Chang. In some of the little shops they've been known to sell last year's.
I lived down the road about 1.5 miles - went every day, all day for years. This is the first year I will miss it. It is my absolute favorite tournament that I've ever attended.
Good advice from all - Dayton airport, water fountains, sunscreen (the east side of the stadium is brutal). Practice court viewing is quite nice and accessible. Players are walking around everywhere.
Oh, and King's Island amusement park across the street is only $20 after 5pm for a night of roller coasting.
Have a wonderful time!

LaTenista
08-03-2005, 11:24 PM
Don't forget to enter the drawing for the bobble heads each day. It's easy to win. This year it will probably be Agassi. Last year it was Andy, and the year before it was Chang. In some of the little shops they've been known to sell last year's.

Actually, this year's is James Blake & Lindsay Davenport standing on either side of a tennis court. Really cute BTW. I won mine at WTA Cincinnati a few weeks ago. Worth the stop at the Western & Southern Financial Group tent just inside the main gate to get a ticket, as well as free lip balm with SPF (see Fee I am listening) and hand fans. :D

DJ dropshot
08-04-2005, 12:43 AM
Actually, this year's is James Blake & Lindsay Davenport standing on either side of a tennis court. Really cute BTW. I won mine at WTA Cincinnati a few weeks ago. Worth the stop at the Western & Southern Financial Group tent just inside the main gate to get a ticket, as well as free lip balm with SPF (see Fee I am listening) and hand fans. :D

Rats! I would have liked to add that to my collection. Did you enjoy the WTA event? I couldn't take both weeks off last year so I chose the tried and true men's event. I will feel incomplete this year missing it.

LaTenista
08-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Rats! I would have liked to add that to my collection. Did you enjoy the WTA event? I couldn't take both weeks off last year so I chose the tried and true men's event. I will feel incomplete this year missing it.

I'll be there all 9 days for the men's so I'll try to win one for you. I didn't go to the women's last year because it was the same week as the Olympics and Lindsay didn't commit to playing until like the Friday before :mad: when I had made up my mind that I wasn't going because the TV coverage from Athens was going to be better than a weak field of women playing about 5 miles away. Anyhow, it was my first live women's tennis and it was a lot more exciting than I thought it would be; most matches were close and hard-fought. But no Lindsay or Williams sisters or Belgians. :sad: It was not crowded at all, attendance was about 1/4 of what the men's usually is but then again none of the players were in the Top 10 this year. The only day I took off work was the Monday because the rest of the week play began at 3 pm so I left the office at 2:45 - I wouldn't mind the men's switching to a schedule like that because I didn't get nearly as sunburnt that week as I did last year at the Masters. ;)

DJ dropshot
08-04-2005, 03:34 PM
I'll be there all 9 days for the men's so I'll try to win one for you.

You're very kind but I have begged an old co-worker up there to snag one for me :)

I'll miss sitting at the top of the splinter bleachers on court 5 (is it?) to watch the practice courts when the doubles match de jour on court 5 gets boring.

Have a great time!

LaTenista
08-04-2005, 03:37 PM
You're very kind but I have begged an old co-worker up there to snag one for me :)

I'll miss sitting at the top of the splinter bleachers on court 5 (is it?) to watch the practice courts when the doubles match de jour on court 5 gets boring.

Have a great time!

They have replaced the side bleachers (the ends are still the old wood) with brand new shiny metal ones for Courts 4 & 5. I figure once they replace the rest I am good to go petition for a roof over Center Court.

Yeah, I'll have a blast - I've been every year since 2002. :yeah:

ktwtennis
08-06-2005, 01:21 PM
Ok, here's a pic of my senior picture...I'll post more later perhaps...

Whistleway
08-10-2005, 02:19 PM
I am volunteering as a marshal. hope to have a blast as my first tourney.

LaTenista
08-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Less than 48 hours out now - qualies start at 10 am on Saturday. :D

Last minute FYIs:

I hear this year all box and loge level ticket holders will have to get special wristbands for each session and if you don't have a wristband you won't be allowed in the box/loge areas on Center Court. My seat is in loge so I'll be able to comment more on this in a few days.

According to the radar station I was watching this morning, there is a chance of rain everyday starting now through at least Wednesday so don't say I didn't tell you to bring an umbrella and towel as well as wear old shoes!

:shrug: Everyone's awfully quiet, I guess you don't want to meet up?

I'll be running around by myself all week and will be at most of the matches involving the Spaniards and South Americans cheering mostly in Spanish. I'd like to meet any of you that want meet me or possibly join me in supporting the Spanish speaking players. I also want to watch Monfils, Gasquet, Rochus, etc. All the guys who haven't been to Cincy before. ;)

savesthedizzle
08-11-2005, 03:51 PM

Last minute FYIs:

I hear this year all box and loge level ticket holders will have to get special wristbands for each session and if you don't have a wristband you won't be allowed in the box/loge areas on Center Court. My seat is in loge so I'll be able to comment more on this in a few days.

According to the radar station I was watching this morning, there is a chance of rain everyday starting now through at least Wednesday so don't say I didn't tell you to bring an umbrella and towel as well as wear old shoes!

I'll be running around by myself all week and will be at most of the matches involving the Spaniards and South Americans cheering mostly in Spanish. I'd like to meet any of you that want meet me or possibly join me in supporting the Spanish speaking players. I also want to watch Monfils, Gasquet, Rochus, etc. All the guys who haven't been to Cincy before. ;)

That was me at Montreal, running around everywhere with my Spanish flag :) Have fun! I wish I was going, but alas work gets in the way.

Whistleway
08-11-2005, 10:00 PM
hehe LaTenista, enjoy!! I am excited too.. I be there tommorow evening session.

NicoFan
08-11-2005, 11:02 PM

Last minute FYIs:

Hey LaTenista - I'll be there and at all the spanish speaking players matches too! I'll be with one with the Spanish flag...lol! (Can't bring my Chilean flag because Nico signed it at last year's US Open so that is in a very safe place! lol! And haven't had a chance to buy another). And taking lots of pictures of my guys.

I especially like to go to practices too. Nice way to see the guys - especially at their first practices.

Also about the rain - I find that a rain poncho is easier than an umbrella - lighter to carry around and you can sit on the wet seats without getting all wet.

Too bad about the wristbands. I loved at the DC tournamnet that they let you sit anywhere - I sat in the first row for Nico's match. I hope he doesn't get put into the main stadium again. I will be so bummed if I go all the way to Cincy and can't see him up close and personal. :sad: :sad: :sad:

ktwtennis
08-12-2005, 01:13 PM
Hope to see you guys there!

Fee
08-12-2005, 06:13 PM
Would one of you please stop by Gimelstob's qualie match and give him a cheer for me? Thanks! (just one cheer, five minutes...) :D

LaTenista
08-13-2005, 02:44 AM
This morning I decided to try to keep a detailed report/record of my experiences at the tourney. I'll work on writing about tonight in a few minutes - left my notes downstairs. Anyhow, the blog is viewable here (http://www.menstennisforums.com/journal.php?do=showjournal&j=139) or by clicking on the red encircled B to the left of any of my posts.