will Djokovic play in Monte Carlo?? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

will Djokovic play in Monte Carlo??

Mefes
04-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Discuss

Saberq
04-08-2013, 05:22 PM
almost 100% no........Madid is one month away he'll play there is his injury is not serious

GSMnadal
04-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Even without injury he would've chickened out like in 2011

Topspindoctor
04-08-2013, 05:23 PM
almost 100% no........Madid is one month away he'll play there is his injury is not serious

You think he'll skip Rome too?

PedroMarquess
04-08-2013, 05:24 PM

Of course, Nadal was beating him left and right that year :spit:

He won't play in MC probably.

Timot
04-08-2013, 05:27 PM
It's not mandatory and he's injured so probably not, which makes MC draw seem even worse than before.

dencod16
04-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Don't see him playing, will be shocked if he does.

Newcomer
04-08-2013, 05:31 PM
No......And it's very bad for tennis
If Mugray will reach no1 ATP should be closed.

GSMnadal
04-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Of course, Nadal was beating him left and right that year :spit:

He won't play in MC probably.

He was preserving the streak, because he knew facing Nadal in Monte-Carlo would've snapped it in two

Topspindoctor
04-08-2013, 05:33 PM
He was preserving the streak, because he knew facing Nadal in Monte-Carlo would've snapped it in two

Doesn't matter in any case. MC is Nadal's backyard. Nobody is beating him there. Quite predictable really. But I will take it. Another masters with minimum effort for the GOAT.

Newcomer
04-08-2013, 05:34 PM

nice joke. Nadal had skipped 7 months coz he was afraid of another Rosol or Dodig.

hipolymer
04-08-2013, 05:35 PM
hopefully not. No reason to give Nadal more confidence

arm
04-08-2013, 05:36 PM

Yeah, like he chickened out in 2012. Don't be pathetic.

Topspindoctor
04-08-2013, 05:36 PM
nice joke. Nadal had skipped 7 months coz he was afraid of another Rosol or Dodig.

GTFO, troll. As if Nadal is afraid of useless mugs like Mugdig and RosLOL. Maybe if you did some research you'd find out he had a career threatening knee injury. Of course it's too much to expect a hater like you to acknowledge it. :rolleyes:

Time Violation
04-08-2013, 05:38 PM

Yea, like he snapped it in Madrid and Rome :)

sexybeast
04-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Call it chicken out or beeing tactical, he really shouldnt give Nadal the mental advantage by facing him in the worst possible place on earth to begin his quest for RG.

Play Nadal in Madrid or Rome, there he is much more beatable. Federer and Djokovic has both paid dearly for mistakes facing Nadal in Monte Carlo to begin their RG quests. Federer 2006-2008 to later lose the 2006-2008 RG finals and Djokovic in 2012.

Tiebreak100
04-08-2013, 05:49 PM
No idea. Daft thread considering we do not know the full extent of the injury yet. Let me get out my crystal ball......

BauerAlmeida
04-08-2013, 05:50 PM

Yes, I heard Novak was scared to death about the idea of facing Nadal in 2011. He was praying he would lose before the final every tournament, he didn't want to face him on any surface.

Saberq
04-08-2013, 05:52 PM
You think he'll skip Rome too?

Madrid is before Rome I think

Johnny Groove
04-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Tough to say, really. If he is healthy, he ought to play.

If not, there is no reason to give Nadal more confidence ahead of RG. Skip MC. Sure he loses 600 points, but who cares, his lead is so huge already.

If he needs a few more weeks to get the ankle right, do it. Better to face Nadal in Madrid and/or Rome, where he has a better shot or at least split 2 matches with Nadal going into RG.

Newcomer
04-08-2013, 05:53 PM
GTFO, troll. As if Nadal is afraid of useless mugs like Mugdig and RosLOL. Maybe if you did some research you'd find out he had a career threatening knee injury. Of course it's too much to expect a hater like you to acknowledge it. :rolleyes:

:haha:i'm just used logic of GSMnadal

Topspindoctor
04-08-2013, 05:54 PM
Madrid is before Rome I think

I keep forgetting this :facepalm: Used to be MC>Rome>Madrid, it changed only since last year I think...

paseo
04-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Doesn't matter in any case. MC is Nadal's backyard. Nobody is beating him there. Quite predictable really. But I will take it. Another masters with minimum effort for the GOAT.

What about Murray? He wants that #1 spot this year. A good opportunity to close the gap if can win here. Murray is full of confidence and hungry for titles. He could eat Nadal in Nadal's own backyard.

Tiebreak100
04-08-2013, 05:58 PM
What about Murray? He wants that #1 spot this year. A good opportunity to close the gap if can win here. Murray is full of confidence and hungry for titles. He could eat Nadal in Nadal's own backyard.

Good luck mate.

iriraz
04-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Well,he had at least an ankle sprain.Even if it`s nothing serious,he will have to take a few days to recover.And without any real preparation on clay he shouldn`t play.Also i doubt he will force things and use painkillers to go through the tournament.

Topspindoctor
04-08-2013, 05:59 PM

Stopped reading right there :spit::superlol:

Ben D.
04-08-2013, 06:28 PM
Murray won a set against Nadal at MC. he could hope for more.

Roy Emerson
04-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Murray is full of confidence and hungry for titles. He could eat Nadal in Nadal's own backyard.

:confused:

Sauletekis
04-08-2013, 06:35 PM

Fail troll attempt :sad:

nole_no1
04-08-2013, 06:51 PM
If he's not feeling fit, he definetly shouldn't play and i hope he doesn't. It would be stupid to risk a more serious injury with RG right around the corner. And still he would have time to prepare for it by playing Rome and Madrid so if he skips MC it will be no tragedy

JurajCrane
04-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Monte-Carlo without Federer and Djokovic would be practically the same what Miami was, even though Federer wouldn't be a factor there, but who knows.

Saberq
04-08-2013, 06:57 PM
I keep forgetting this :facepalm: Used to be MC>Rome>Madrid, it changed only since last year I think...

yeah good news for Nole he lost early in Madrid if he needs to skip it

retister
04-08-2013, 07:01 PM
Playing there would be so stupid, so, yeah, he probably will :shrug:

vpmrosulate
04-08-2013, 08:24 PM
Douglas Robson ‏@dougrobson 1h
Word from #Djokovic camp is that ankle appears to be not that bad but he has yet to have an MRI, which will be tonight or tmrw. #atp #tennis

Soon we'll actually find out.

abraxas21
04-08-2013, 08:27 PM
yeah, i'm sure he has quick recovery methods :rolleyes:

vpmrosulate
04-08-2013, 08:48 PM
yeah, i'm sure he has quick recovery methods :rolleyes:

This guy Metta World Peace just had surgery and came back 18 days later, in a contact sport, where he's going to be expected to be a very physical defender. Was supposed to be out 6 weeks after getting surgery for a tear in his knee. So there are quick recoveries out there...

SliceAce
04-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Remember that scene in Rocky when he eats a bunch of eggs raw? That's what Fakervic is gonna do and feel all better. The egg can cure everything, even an overdramatic ankle injury.

nick the greek
04-08-2013, 08:59 PM
Remember that scene in Rocky when he eats a bunch of eggs raw? That's what Fakervic is gonna do and feel all better. The egg can cure everything, even an overdramatic ankle injury.
Be quiet.

MIMIC
04-08-2013, 11:30 PM
He might as well skip it. Nobody plays MC anyway. Best rest up.

Douglas Robson ‏@dougrobson 1h
Word from #Djokovic camp is that ankle appears to be not that bad but he has yet to have an MRI, which will be tonight or tmrw. #atp #tennis

Soon we'll actually find out.

Judging by the way he fell and the way he got back up, it was probably a Grade I sprain (or at the very most, a very, very mild Grade II).

janko05
04-08-2013, 11:35 PM

what was that? :scratch:

a fart? maybe
a brainfart? definitely

Lodger Federer
04-08-2013, 11:36 PM

Lol, did nadal not lose a set to Murray at MC that year?

GSMnadal
04-08-2013, 11:39 PM
Lol, did nadal not lose a set to Murray at MC that year?

Murray served for the match against Djokovic that year :rolleyes:

Lodger Federer
04-08-2013, 11:44 PM
Murray served for the match against Djokovic that year :rolleyes:

Yeah, and then Djokovic went on to beat nadal in the final in straights less than 24 hours later, in a tournament he's won only twice less than Monte Carlo. I'm just wondering why you're so sure nadal would have beaten djokovic in MC that year?

GSMnadal
04-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Yeah, and then Djokovic went on to beat nadal in the final in straights less than 24 hours later, in a tournament he's won only twice less than Monte Carlo. I'm just wondering why you're so sure the result would have been different?

You can't look past 8 in a row.

And the main point was that Djokovic feared facing Rafa there. Remember, he had never beaten him on clay before and only was on a two match streak back then. He knew his biggest shot was at Madrid, followed by Rome.

Oh, he dodged MC out of fear for sure and went to his mug event in Belgrade.

Time Violation
04-08-2013, 11:56 PM

And the main point was that Djokovic feared facing Rafa there. Remember, he had never beaten him on clay before and only was on a two match streak back then. He knew his biggest shot was at Madrid, followed by Rome.

Lol, that's called smart scheduling, something that Nadal couldn't get through most of his career :lol: Anyway, Novak played Belgrade that year but he was pretty pissed on court :p If it weren't his family's event no way would he play any tennis between Miami and Madrid :)

PedroMarquess
04-08-2013, 11:56 PM

lol

http://24.media.tumblr.com/e86f2bcbddeb2e0686f0b1560e437792/tumblr_mhlpinvajm1rue90ro1_500.gif

Tag
04-09-2013, 12:02 AM
if he wants to lose, sure :shrug:

monte carlo is thugdal's rattle

MIMIC
04-09-2013, 12:12 AM

thefuq

atennisfan
04-09-2013, 12:18 AM

This is one of the very rare times that I agree with GSMnadal.

Mr. Oracle
04-09-2013, 01:38 AM

Seriously though, I've always admired Novak's belief that he can beat nadal on clay. What a difference their competitive matches are compared to Federer's obvious and inevitable resignation to defeat as the match progresses. I know you're just kidding. :yeah:

MarioMega
04-09-2013, 02:13 AM
He better skips MC.

Nadal would eat him alive. With french fries if you prefer.

Nadal owns MC. Djoko is nothing but his bitch on clay.

MarioMega
04-09-2013, 02:22 AM
Seriously though, I've always admired Novak's belief that he can beat nadal on clay. What a difference their competitive matches are compared to Federer's obvious and inevitable resignation to defeat as the match progresses. I know your just kidding. :yeah:

Yes, I'll give you that.

Djoko is much mentally stronger than Olderer.

Olderer, when pushed to the brink, folds as a baby girl.

Mr. Oracle
04-09-2013, 02:26 AM
Yes, I'll give you that.

Djoko is much mentally stronger than Olderer.

Olderer, when pushed to the brink, folds as a baby girl.

Unite the Clans!

http://spartanwarfighters.net/2top/3forum/images/BF3/assist/unite_the_clans.jpg

paseo
04-09-2013, 02:33 AM
:confused:

Fail troll attempt :sad:

Man, come on?! It's a metaphor!

"Murray's hungry for titles, He could eat Nadal in Nadal's own backyard" means: "Murray really wants to acquire more titles, because of that he could beat Nadal, even in Nadal's most successful tournament."

FFS, I'm talking to grade schoolers, it seems. Keep up!

jcempire
04-09-2013, 02:34 AM
He wait for RG

paseo
04-09-2013, 02:37 AM
And I'm serious, too. Murray can beat Nadal at MC. A lot things would have to go his way to do it, of course. But it's nowhere near impossible.

MarioMega
04-09-2013, 02:38 AM
He wait for RG

It's the best action that he could take.

I read that he even cried during the press after he knew by the doctor that the injury is severe.

He better keeps his shit together and recovery well if he dreams to beat Nadal on RG.

And I'm serious, too. Murray can beat Nadal at MC. A lot things would have to go his way to do it, of course. But it's nowhere near impossible.

Man, seriously, are you smoking crack?

Put the pipe down.

Murray is a child if we compare Nadal to him on clay.

The gap is too large.

MC is the slowest clay, it suits Nadal's game too well.

He isn't the 8 times champion for nothing.

Murray, if faces Nadal (because I think he won't reach the final round), will be spanked in his skinny ass.

Roy Emerson
04-09-2013, 02:57 AM
Even healthy I doubt Djokovic would beat Nadal in Monte Carlo this year.

Moozza
04-09-2013, 03:01 AM
It's the best action that he could take.

I read that he even cried during the press after he knew by the doctor that the injury is severe.

He better keeps his shit together and recovery well if he dreams to beat Nadal on RG.

Man, seriously, are you smoking crack?

Put the pipe down.

Murray is a child if we compare Nadal to him on clay.

The gap is too large.

MC is the slowest clay, it suits Nadal's game too well.

He isn't the 8 times champion for nothing.

Murray, if faces Nadal (because I think he won't reach the final round), will be spanked in his skinny ass.

Murray would have beaten Nadal at MC a couple of years ago but was struggling with an injury, especially in the final set.

MarioMega
04-09-2013, 03:03 AM
Murray would have beaten Nadal at MC a couple of years ago but was struggling with an injury, especially in the final set.

You can't believe in this shit.

I'll have to take a nap after read so much crap. :D :D

Roy Emerson
04-09-2013, 03:04 AM
Djokovic lost on his best surface to a 35 year old. If that is not a red flag I don't know what it is.

MarioMega
04-09-2013, 03:12 AM
Djokovic lost on his best surface to a 35 year old. If that is not a red flag I don't know what it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsjWZmzz04A

heya
04-09-2013, 03:26 AM
Djoker was so worried about the win streak, so he
played in Serbia then distracted himself with
sycophant John McEnroe's bullshit interviews &
clown bets about winning. Yeah right.

At least he didn't have Mono and magically won a tournament in
Poland in 2008.

NSMv1924
04-09-2013, 03:36 AM
Even healthy I doubt Djokovic would beat Nadal in Monte Carlo this year.

Agree. Looks like MTF has come to a consensus on Djoker skipping MC.

Is this the beginning of injuries for Novak given his style of play? How long can his ankles/knees take this sliding on hard courts?

Sauletekis
04-09-2013, 03:43 AM

Yes, I agree that if Rafa is playing with handcuffs, then probably Murray has a chance at defeating him at MC.

emotion
Djoker was so worried about the win streak, so he
played in Serbia then distracted himself with
sycophant John McEnroe's bullshit interviews &
clown bets about winning. Yeah right.

At least he didn't have Mono and magically won a tournament in
Poland in 2008.

Poland? Really? Or do you mean Portugal?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Yolita

But if I remember correctly, Novak beat Nadal in the finals of Madrid and Rome that year. So, no, facing Nadal on clay did not snap the streak. Novak was on fire in those months. In fact, Nadal's streak of winning Monte Carlo would prebably have been snapped.

But we'll never know: because it's silly to talk in hypotheticals. They can never be refuted. :cool:

heya
04-09-2013, 04:32 AM
Oh yeah, Portugal. Davydenko quit while Federer was in trouble in 2008.

E-r-i-c
04-09-2013, 05:54 AM
definitely not. Injury will definitely affects him. hope he can come back at Madrid.

GrimbleGromble
04-09-2013, 06:27 AM
This footage where he's crying like a baby confirms he won't play. He might be faking though.

dxewwE4XpMo

Time Violation
04-09-2013, 07:08 AM
Agree. Looks like MTF has come to a consensus on Djoker skipping MC.

Is this the beginning of injuries for Novak given his style of play? How long can his ankles/knees take this sliding on hard courts?

He didn't get injured because of sliding, he jumped and landed awkwardly. He never had any problem sliding on hard :)

GSMnadal
04-09-2013, 02:08 PM
dxewwE4XpMo

:awww:

MrMarble
04-09-2013, 02:17 PM
"The world’s top player has undergone an MRI examination this morning which revealed no structural damage to the joint capsule and ligaments. A joint structures strain requires therapy and strict rest in the following days.
Depending on the recovery, a decision will be made on Nole’s participation at the upcoming tournament in Monte Carlo."

http://novakdjokovic.com/en/news/tennis/statement-on-novaks-ankle-injury/

Tiebreak100
04-09-2013, 02:54 PM
http://novakdjokovic.com/en/news/tennis/statement-on-novaks-ankle-injury/

So Novak was just being an attention seeker/drama queen then. Thankfully the top 4 has Murray and Federer, two men who battle through injuries not making a fuss.

Nadal and the gymnast should join the WTA - they love drama. This would allow the real men to battle for the top prizes.

Abel
04-09-2013, 02:56 PM
"The world’s top player has undergone an MRI examination this morning which revealed no structural damage to the joint capsule and ligaments."

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldiqhfMu7Q1qdtfdbo1_250.gif

MTwEeZi
04-09-2013, 02:59 PM
Thankfully the top 4 has Murray and Federer, two men who battle through injuries not making a fuss.

:haha:

MarioMega
04-09-2013, 03:20 PM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldiqhfMu7Q1qdtfdbo1_250.gif

:D :D

GSMnadal
04-09-2013, 03:23 PM
I think Querrey feels a little bit better about himself after today's news

hipolymer
04-09-2013, 03:30 PM
So Novak was just being an attention seeker/drama queen then. Thankfully the top 4 has Murray and Federer, two men who battle through injuries not making a fuss.

Nadal and the gymnast should join the WTA - they love drama. This would allow the real men to battle for the top prizes.

:haha: :yeah:

dencod16
04-09-2013, 03:36 PM

Sorry, but Murray and Federer is no better. Murray is the biggest on court drama queen on tour and Federer is the person that bitches about everyone and talking shit about them. Djokovic is an attention seeker and Nadal is the biggest Diva.

Tiebreak100
04-09-2013, 03:54 PM
Sorry, but Murray and Federer is no better. Murray is the biggest on court drama queen on tour and Federer is the person that bitches about everyone and talking shit about them. Djokovic is an attention seeker and Nadal is the biggest Diva.

Murray only grabs body parts when he loses a point. Its an unfortunate reaction, but it is an emotional reaction to the disbelief of losing a point. He is a perfectionist and cannot change now. Off court he always plays down injury and refuses to use it as an excuse when things do not go his way. It is little or no surprise that the Scotsman is the toughest of all the top 4, after all we are made of strong stuff north of the border.

Federer also plays down his back injury repeatedly, which should be admired and respected. I just wish the attention seeking Spaniard and Serbian would learn from the more talented duo (Murray & Federer)on how to deal with adversity.

dencod16
04-09-2013, 04:01 PM
Murray only grabs body parts when he loses a point. Its an unfortunate reaction, but it is an emotional reaction to the disbelief of losing a point. He is a perfectionist and cannot change now. Off court he always plays down injury and refuses to use it as an excuse when things do not go his way. It is little or no surprise that the Scotsman is the toughest of all the top 4, after all we are made of strong stuff north of the border.

Federer also plays down his back injury repeatedly, which should be admired and respected. I just wish the attention seeking Spaniard and Serbian would learn from the more talented duo (Murray & Federer)on how to deal with adversity.

lol, Federer bashes other player constantly, Murray, Wawrinka, Nadal. Murray reactions are over the top, he is a natural drama queen. The fact that he reacts like he is pain is what makes him a drama queen. Murray is no perfectionist.

xieergai
04-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Really hard to say.Whatever,good luck to Nole.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Tag
04-09-2013, 08:16 PM
at least djokovic didn't make excuses for grand slam losses

it's easy to display 'amazing' tennis when you face clowns, grinders and chokers in late stages :haha:

but real player don't let frauds win titles...

crierer ran away for breaks :devil:

Alex999
04-09-2013, 08:48 PM
so is Nole now playing MC or not? I feel completely lost :confused:

Brit Tennis Fan
04-09-2013, 08:54 PM

He will make the decision closer to the time.

Yolita
04-09-2013, 08:54 PM

I don't think he will: even it¿f there's no structural damage, he has to rest his ankle for a few days: when is he going to prractice on clay? Rafa, Andy and Ferru have been on the clay for a week already.

I think Novak will rest his ankle and then start practicing gently to be ready for Madrid.

I'm not too upset: I remmeber a few bad injuries last year in Monte Carlo. Monaco twisted his ankle and had to miss a month, just when he was playing his best tennis on his best surface. :sad:

I think Benneteau got hurt as well and a couple of girls, I don't remember excatly.

PedroMarquess
04-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Nadal and the gymnast should join the WTA - maybe that way Murray won't be a one slam wonder for too long :sad:. This would allow the real men to battle for the top prizes.

Fixed it for you :yeah:

Yolita
04-09-2013, 08:59 PM

He plays it down, but somehow, everybody knows about his injury and the journos never fail to mention it. :lol:

Different styles, that's all. Different styles. :)

Like Murray grabbing body parts and limping when loses points in a tight situation. It's a matter of style. :)

And please let's remember that Novak did not retire from his match. He continued playing. If he had retired, he would have been criticised. He doesn't retire: he still gets criticised. He can't win with some people. :lol:

MIMIC
04-09-2013, 09:04 PM

After this gem, you shouldn't ever complain about people making shit posts.

Topspindoctor
04-10-2013, 03:38 AM

Nose is the biggest drama queen ever, making excuses for "bad back" whenever he loses and claims opponent makes "lucky shots". Hooligan is even worse, pretending he is injured every time he loses a point

Kyle_Johansen
04-10-2013, 03:42 AM
I laugh very hard at anyone calling Fed a drama queen. The guy has never retired and likely never will. He never talks about his injuries. Did he say his back was the reason he struggled vs Rafa at IW? No, even though it clearly was bothering him a lot.

Ziggy B
04-10-2013, 03:43 AM
Nose is the biggest drama queen ever, making excuses for "bad back" whenever he loses and claims opponent makes "lucky shots". Hooligan is even worse, pretending he is injured every time he loses a point

I'll give you that Fed was a bit of a sore loser after the US-Semi '11 against Nole, you could tell he was GUTTED and it came through. Did reek of sour grapes though, even as a Fed fan.

However he BARELY mentions the back, he made it a footnote of the IW '13 defeat to Rafa and it was blown up by others. Rafa even acknowledged it at the net and he still played it down, despite a tough loss to his long time rival.

And with all respect, as a Rafa fan you must admit he uses the knees as a cop-out for defeat many-a-time more than Fed uses the back :sport:

Mr. Oracle
04-10-2013, 04:43 AM
I laugh very hard at anyone calling Fed a drama queen. The guy has never retired and likely never will. He never talks about his injuries. Did he say his back was the reason he struggled vs Rafa at IW? No, even though it clearly was bothering him a lot.

Read the slam interview transcripts, get a green highlighter, and highlight the times Fed attributes his losses to his physical problems or factors other than his opponent's superiority. In fact, pack two highlighters.

shawshank
04-10-2013, 09:28 AM
I'll give you that Fed was a bit of a sore loser after the US-Semi '11 against Nole, you could tell he was GUTTED and it came through. Did reek of sour grapes though, even as a Fed fan.

However he BARELY mentions the back, he made it a footnote of the IW '13 defeat to Rafa and it was blown up by others. Rafa even acknowledged it at the net and he still played it down, despite a tough loss to his long time rival.

And with all respect, as a Rafa fan you must admit he uses the knees as a cop-out for defeat many-a-time more than Fed uses the back :sport:

Yes, because his knees are much more serious than Federer's back. I don't even think Federer's back can be called serious injury.

Litotes
04-10-2013, 09:39 AM
Yes, because his knees are much more serious than Federer's back. I don't even think Federer's back can be called serious injury.

How do you measure something like that? I'd say Nadal's situation is more chronic, and will be a problem more often, but Federer's back will be a bigger hindrance in the days when it's acting up. Nadal plays very close to his best level while struggling with his knees, the same can not be said for Fed and his back.

janko05
04-10-2013, 09:58 AM
Nadal plays very close to his best level while struggling with his knees, the same can not be said for Fed and his back.

assumptions, assumptions...

GSMnadal
04-10-2013, 10:01 AM
but Federer's back will be a bigger hindrance in the days when it's acting up.

Nadal plays very close to his best level while struggling with his knees

To use your words:

How do you measure something like that?

Litotes
04-10-2013, 10:05 AM
assumptions, assumptions...

Yes, I really felt he should have refrained from comparing seriousness of injuries.

shawshank
04-10-2013, 10:24 AM
At the moment I measure it with numbers of tournaments Rafa and Roger had to miss because of these injuries...

pierricbross
04-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Probably yes but maybe no.

Litotes
04-10-2013, 10:25 AM
At the moment I measure it with numbers of tournaments Rafa and Roger had to miss because of these injuries...

So if you play you can't be injured? Does that mean it's your opinion Nadal was not injured either in RG 2009 nor in Wimbledon 2012?

mseles1
04-10-2013, 10:59 AM
No lasting damage - good news.
I think he will play Monte Carlo.

Novak was on fire in those months. In fact, Nadal's streak of winning Monte Carlo would prebably have been snapped.
I'd go along with this. Djokovic playing like he did against Berdych/Dubai'11 (only poor match I can remember him playing early 2011), Nadal would have won, struggle for other scenarios. MC'11 - Rafa has rarely played worse on clay, his form had improved come Madrid, yet he lost.

shawshank
04-10-2013, 11:40 AM
So if you play you can't be injured? Does that mean it's your opinion Nadal was not injured either in RG 2009 nor in Wimbledon 2012?

I just say that to me serious injuries are the ones that makes you miss big tournaments- tournaments that you would do everything to play.
I admit Roger was injured in IW, but I wouldn't call it a serious injury regarding the fact that he still managed to beat Wawrinka and play one competitive set against Nadal.
Federer's back never made him stop training or miss some big tournaments. However, it might change it might change in the future.

Alex999
04-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Well, will he play MC or not?

kinda getting tired of guys turning every single thread about Nole, Fed and Nadal.

so, he'll play, yes, no, maybe ... what :p

sportstennis
04-10-2013, 12:03 PM
I just

Sampras era was not true tennis only in the serve. no?

superslam77
04-10-2013, 12:51 PM

i'm glad that even a rafullfanoid can admit nadull is the worse :cool:

janko05
04-11-2013, 12:25 PM
There's a great possibility that Novak will play, fist match on Tuesday if necessary.
According to Zeljko Franulovic the tournament director.

Litotes
04-11-2013, 12:29 PM
There's a great possibility that Novak will play, fist match on Tuesday if necessary.
According to Zeljko Franulovic the tournament director.

Tuesday? With the 1st round bye I'm pretty certain he won't have to play until Wednesday.

janko05
04-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Tuesday? With the 1st round bye I'm pretty certain he won't have to play until Wednesday.

they said it on local news. tournament starts on Sunday, Djoko to play on Tuesday

Litotes
04-11-2013, 12:36 PM
they said it on local news. tournament starts on Sunday, Djoko to play on Tuesday

OK, fine with me, but it's normal to use four days to finish the first two rounds.

janko05
04-11-2013, 12:39 PM
OK, fine with me, but it's normal to use four days to finish the first two rounds.

not sure if it's somehow different with MC :shrug:

rutinos harcos
04-11-2013, 02:39 PM

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Just like heaven
04-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Ferrer pulled out.
http://www.tennismagazine.fr/david-ferrer-forfait-a-monte-carlo-_r_52_a_1181.html

hipolymer
04-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Ferrer pulled out.
http://www.tennismagazine.fr/david-ferrer-forfait-a-monte-carlo-_r_52_a_1181.html

Ferrer...:facepalm:

can't blame him though. losing to Mugray in a masters final was surely the low point in his career.

GSMnadal
04-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Wow, Murray might actually reach a clay final this way :o

Cereal Killer
04-11-2013, 03:16 PM

The local news are wrong. Second round starts on Wednesday.

http://www.monte-carlorolexmasters.com/Schedule/Program-of-the-week.aspx

The Prince
04-11-2013, 03:17 PM

Steady on, there's still plenty of better clay-courters out there than Murray. :hatoff:

caisenma
04-11-2013, 04:00 PM
well good for djokovic that he'll be there.

by the way, i must have missed something... perhaps a long time ago. does estoril not have an event anymore?

Litotes
04-11-2013, 04:19 PM

Well, we just lost one of the four players that beat him on clay last year, but there's three others left.

Topspindoctor
04-11-2013, 08:58 PM

Hooligan getting obliterated in MC final by Nadal would make a permanent addition to my DVD collection. It's not all bad :yeah:

Mae
04-12-2013, 01:28 AM
I'm a fan of Andy's, but there is no way I can see him winning a title on clay!

Yolita
04-12-2013, 02:10 AM
well good for djokovic that he'll be there.

by the way, i must have missed something... perhaps a long time ago. does estoril not have an event anymore?

Yes...It's the Portugal Open, to be held from the 29th April to the 5th may. It's now called Oeiras, but it's the same tournament.

Crvena Zvezda
04-12-2013, 10:18 AM

Which Federer are you speaking about ?

Is it the "stolen-his-honey" bear looking one ? Who did argue about his aching back after loosing 6/4 6/2 to Nadal, and stop playing till Madrid ?

GSMnadal
04-12-2013, 10:26 AM
Well, we just lost one of the four players that beat him on clay last year, but there's three others left.

Steady on, there's still plenty of better clay-courters out there than Murray. :hatoff:

Hooligan getting obliterated in MC final by Nadal would make a permanent addition to my DVD collection. It's not all bad :yeah:

All good points. Monte Carlo will be great whatever happens, like every year.

You mean Federer wasn't the Swiss guy who complained about how 'lack of daylight' cost him a couple of slams? (uhum, FO 05/Wimbledon 08). Along with the back, mono etc.

Tiebreak100
04-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Apparently Novak and Andy are due to play an exhibition on Saturday in Monte Carlo. Remarkable recovery from this injury it would appear. Those tears become even more hilarious now..

Crvena Zvezda
04-12-2013, 03:26 PM
TBH, Looks like Nole is fit to play but will test his ankle tomorrow morning 11 a.m. on Casino Place (Monte-Carlo).

Tiebreak100
04-12-2013, 03:30 PM
TBH, Looks like Nole is fit to play but will test his ankle tomorrow morning 11 a.m. on Casino Place (Monte-Carlo).

He is due to practice today.

nick the greek
04-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Apparently Novak and Andy are due to play an exhibition on Saturday in Monte Carlo. Remarkable recovery from this injury it would appear. Those tears become even more hilarious now..
Yup.No1e is remarkable in every way.:)

Litotes
04-12-2013, 04:09 PM

Oh, come on. The exhibition is probably meant to test how his body functions after the injury. Nothing strange about that.

Tiebreak100
04-12-2013, 04:11 PM
Yup.No1e is remarkable in every way.:)

I agree. He is bordering on 'unbelievable'.

Rychu
04-12-2013, 04:29 PM
What's the point?It's Nadal's playground anyway. He will win there as he always does.

redshift36188
04-12-2013, 04:35 PM
The local news are wrong. Second round starts on Wednesday.

http://www.monte-carlorolexmasters.com/Schedule/Program-of-the-week.aspx
Pretty sure last year Murray and Tsonga played their first match on Tuesday.

Edit:
Here it is.
TUESDAY, 17 APRIL, 2012:

COURT CENTRAL start 10:30 am
M Llodra (FRA) vs F Fognini (ITA)
[3] A Murray (GBR) vs V Troicki (SRB)
P Kohlschreiber (GER) vs [4] J Tsonga (FRA)
Not Before 3:30 PM
[11] J Monaco (ARG) vs R Haase (NED)
Doubles – S Gonzalez (MEX) / C Kas (GER) vs A Murray (GBR) / J Murray (GBR)
http://www.oncourtadvantage.com/mens-major-tournaments/monte-carlo-2012-results-and-order-of-play/

They schedule matches the day before to free up the next day.

asmazif
04-12-2013, 06:08 PM
Pretty sure last year Murray and Tsonga played their first match on Tuesday.

Edit:
Here it is.

http://www.oncourtadvantage.com/mens-major-tournaments/monte-carlo-2012-results-and-order-of-play/

They schedule matches the day before to free up the next day.

that was probably only because they somehow had to follow an entertaining French crowd favourite v The most interesting player in the world.

guga2120
04-12-2013, 08:24 PM

Clown, I'm sure was also because he won the round not being at his best, for his country.

Hopefully he is so fit, so will be the Nadal final.

barbadosan
04-12-2013, 08:36 PM
Which Federer are you speaking about ?

Is it the "stolen-his-honey" bear looking one ? Who did argue about his aching back after loosing 6/4 6/2 to Nadal, and stop playing till Madrid ?

Fed's schedule released end of last year was always to play IW, skip Miamia and his next tournament was always going to be Madrid. Do try to keep up! :)

Alex999
04-12-2013, 11:12 PM
It is unbelievable how some people derail every single thread and talk about whatever. The original question was 'will Djokovic play MC?'. there are 2 possible answers yes or no. so, is it yes or no?

Tiebreak100
04-12-2013, 11:15 PM
It is unbelievable how some people derail every single thread and talk about whatever. The original question was 'will Djokovic play MC?'. there are 2 possible answers yes or no. so, is it yes or no?

Looking like yes. I am delighted.

Brit Tennis Fan
04-14-2013, 05:52 PM
British tennis reporter Neil Harman has tweeted "Novak Djokovic says he will decide on Tuesday if he plays Monte Carlo"

Yolita
04-14-2013, 06:29 PM

Did you watch the video on the ATP page? It wasn't an exhibition match: it was 5 minutes of hitting balls without moving on a mini-court next to the casino, to advertise the tournament...:rolleyes:

He only started practicing yesterday, with his ankle heavily taped, and will decide on Tuesday whether he will play the tournament or not.

dencod16
04-14-2013, 06:45 PM
Sorry to Nadal fans but this tournament is becoming so Dull, last year Nadal was lucky to scrape pass Ferrer in straight, he was challenged in Rome. I think it will be better for Djokovic to withdraw.

pepita1964
04-14-2013, 06:45 PM
I hope he does not play and gives himself enough time to recover. It is better to lose less than more . There are two GS in two months so he needs to be fit

se7en
04-15-2013, 06:30 AM
Djesus should skip this useless Mickey Carlo event. No need to become associated to this already useless tournament that no one else really cares about. Let Dull once again win this boring challenger event until the owner finally changer its name to MonDull Carlo.

Time Violation
04-16-2013, 02:21 PM
Official: Novak Djokovic will play his first match tomorrow against Mikhail Youzhny.

:)

RIboy
04-16-2013, 02:41 PM
so exactly 10 days after career threatening injury and legendary heartbreaking interview Spartan Nole will play a match... must be the fastest recovery in the history

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/other/grand/4b669c8de6df29a6725e04255e8b98d7.gif

Time Violation
04-16-2013, 02:44 PM
so exactly 10 days after career threatening injury

You made that up... nobody said anything about career threatening injury :facepalm: Even after one or two days it was said only MC was in doubt.

ProdigyEng
04-16-2013, 02:45 PM
so exactly 10 days after career threatening injury and legendary heartbreaking interview Spartan Nole will play a match... must be the fastest recovery in the history

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/other/grand/4b669c8de6df29a6725e04255e8b98d7.gif

Shut the hell up you clown.

The reason he was crying was emotions over whole situation, NOT because injury was career threatening.

August
04-16-2013, 02:46 PM
Djesus should skip this useless Mickey Carlo event. No need to become associated to this already useless tournament that no one else really cares about. Let Dull once again win this boring challenger event until the owner finally changer its name to MonDull Carlo.

It would be enough if the title sponsor would change it to blue clay to get the undisputed blue clay GOAT there.

zcess81
04-16-2013, 02:47 PM

I know you're hating/trolling, but I'll answer anyway. Nole's reaction after the injury/post match interview tears etc., was more fear talking than anything else. He rolled his ankle, took something for the pain and continued playing. He had no idea what the scan will reveal. He probably feared that he made matters even worse by playing on. Anyway, turned out it was not as serious as he feared. Big deal. It could have been an injury that put him out of action for months. He knows he was lucky.

vpmrosulate
04-16-2013, 04:39 PM
So guys, he's playing: http://www.sport24.co.za/Tennis/ATPTour/Djokovic-fit-to-play-Monte-Carlo-20130416

janko05
04-16-2013, 04:41 PM
So guys, he's playing: http://www.sport24.co.za/Tennis/ATPTour/Djokovic-fit-to-play-Monte-Carlo-20130416

why is he doing that is beyond my comprehension

NSMv1924
04-16-2013, 05:00 PM
Agree...someone is twisting his arm to play this event, who cares about the money or the 600 points! You gotta train for the FO!!! All he needs is another loss to Nadal on clay

retister
04-16-2013, 07:41 PM
Maybe he came up with some new strategy against Nadal that he wants to try out, something like ultra-ballbashing from start to finish.
Or maybe he is just that stupid.

EliSter
04-16-2013, 08:16 PM
Idiotic decision by Djokovic which can cost him FO.

Alex999
04-16-2013, 08:23 PM
I also think he's been stupid, but whatever. I said it already, he doesn't needs points, he doesn't need to defend anything, he doesn't need money, and if he tanks early I'll hate him. I'll put Tomic or his car in my avi :lol:

Time Violation
04-16-2013, 08:30 PM

Well, some say that organisers are expecting him to play since they are allowing him to live in MC and all. Who knows. Anyway, in case he wins it all, I bet many will say playing here was very smart :lol:

Foxy
04-16-2013, 09:04 PM
He has the perfect excuse, so why not play. He can't lose a thing. He will pack his both ankles so they can't get worse. It is a win-win situation, I guess, for him.

zcess81
04-16-2013, 09:21 PM
It's only stupid decision if his ankle is still hurting him. I'm assuming that Nole would not risk damaging the ankle further, so it must be OK. Therefore, it will be a perfect tournament for him. If he does well, it will give him confidence for FO; if he loses early, he'll brush it off as an insignificant loss considering the circumstances (injury etc.).

Nole can relax. He has a good draw, Nadal is the favourite - Nole has almost nothing to lose in this tournament. Pressure is off him and 100% on Nadal. So, assuming that his ankle is OK - which I'm sure it is, as Nole would not have risked further injury if that was not the case - good decision imo. It's one of rare occasions where he has almost no pressure on him.

hipolymer
04-16-2013, 09:25 PM
Nole probably just showing up for the appearance fee. He'll probably tank to General Youzhny.

Litotes
04-16-2013, 10:01 PM
Nole probably just showing up for the appearance fee. He'll probably tank to General Youzhny.

Have you promoted the Colonel yourself? Appreciate the offort on his behalf :hatoff:

Time Violation
04-16-2013, 10:06 PM

No way is he tanking here, and certainly not to Youzhny

Yolita
04-16-2013, 11:24 PM
It's only stupid decision if his ankle is still hurting him. I'm assuming that Nole would not risk damaging the ankle further, so it must be OK. Therefore, it will be a perfect tournament for him. If he does well, it will give him confidence for FO; if he loses early, he'll brush it off as an insignificant loss considering the circumstances (injury etc.).

Nole can relax. He has a good draw, Nadal is the favourite - Nole has almost nothing to lose in this tournament. Pressure is off him and 100% on Nadal. So, assuming that his ankle is OK - which I'm sure it is, as Nole would not have risked further injury if that was not the case - good decision imo. It's one of rare occasions where he has almost no pressure on him.
Yes, yes and indeed. :D

Han Solo
04-17-2013, 12:19 AM
Idiotic decision by Djokovic which can cost him FO.

If everyone plays the best they can at their respective ages, then FO is not in his hands in any case. So I think this statement is rather jumping the gun...

Coolio_Jack
04-17-2013, 01:53 AM
Maybe im just being crazy, but don't you people think Djokovic knows better how is his ankle feeling than you?

First of all, as soon as he decided to continue his match with Querrey it was obvious he'll play in MC.

daddy
04-17-2013, 02:18 AM
Hahaha, I can't believe how many people are doing Kaddish on a guy who leads ATP tour in retirements. If there was even a slightest doubt in his mind about severity of his injury he would retire. His history of retirements speaks for itself.

hipolymer
04-17-2013, 02:23 AM
Hahaha, I can't believe how many people are doing Kaddish on a guy who leads ATP tour in retirements. If there was even a slightest doubt in his mind about severity of his injury he would retire. His history of retirements speaks for itself.

Uncle Toni is a very persuasive man.

Redaftw
04-17-2013, 02:26 AM
He better be at 100%. I'm counting on him to beat Nadal.

daddy
04-17-2013, 02:32 AM
Uncle Toni is a very persuasive man.

Well, let me see

2005 French Open R64: Guillermo Coria def. Novak Djokovic (4-6, 6-2, 3-2 ret.)
2006 French Open QF: Rafael Nadal def. Novak Djokovic (6-4, 6-4 ret.)
2006 Umag F: Stanislas Wawrinka def. Novak Djokovic (6-6 ret.)
2007 Wimbledon SF: Rafael Nadal def. Novak Djokovic (3-6, 6-1, 4-1 ret.)
2008 Davis Cup 1R: Nikolay Davydenko def. Novak Djokovic (4-6, 3-6, 6-4 ret.)
2008 Monte Carlo SF: Roger Federer def. Novak Djokovic (6-3, 3-2 ret.)
2009 Australian Open QF: Andy Roddick def. Novak Djokovic (6-7, 6-4, 6-2, 2-1 ret.)
2010 Belgrade QF: Filip Krajinovic def. Novak Djokovic (6-4 ret.)
2011 Cincinnati F: Andy Murray def. Novak Djokovic (6-4, 3-0 ret.)
2011 Belgrade DC Del Potro def. Novak Djokovic 7-6(5) 3-0 ret

Warrior Nole :hug::hug:

http://topicstock.pantip.com/supachalasai/topicstock/2011/09/S11088818/S11088818-11.jpg

http://www.daviscup.com/ITF/Plugins/ImageGen/ImageGen.ashx?image=/media/65065/65065_BigPicture.jpg&constrain=True&height=293&width=520

hipolymer
04-17-2013, 02:35 AM
Well, let me see

2005 French Open R64: Guillermo Coria def. Novak Djokovic (4-6, 6-2, 3-2 ret.)
2006 French Open QF: Rafael Nadal def. Novak Djokovic (6-4, 6-4 ret.)
2006 Umag F: Stanislas Wawrinka def. Novak Djokovic (6-6 ret.)
2007 Wimbledon SF: Rafael Nadal def. Novak Djokovic (3-6, 6-1, 4-1 ret.)
2008 Davis Cup 1R: Nikolay Davydenko def. Novak Djokovic (4-6, 3-6, 6-4 ret.)
2008 Monte Carlo SF: Roger Federer def. Novak Djokovic (6-3, 3-2 ret.)
2009 Australian Open QF: Andy Roddick def. Novak Djokovic (6-7, 6-4, 6-2, 2-1 ret.)
2010 Belgrade QF: Filip Krajinovic def. Novak Djokovic (6-4 ret.)
2011 Cincinnati F: Andy Murray def. Novak Djokovic (6-4, 3-0 ret.)
2011 Belgrade DC Del Potro def. Novak Djokovic 7-6(5) 3-0 ret

Warrior Nole :hug::hug:

http://topicstock.pantip.com/supachalasai/topicstock/2011/09/S11088818/S11088818-11.jpg

http://www.daviscup.com/ITF/Plugins/ImageGen/ImageGen.ashx?image=/media/65065/65065_BigPicture.jpg&constrain=True&height=293&width=520

Nole had to make an exception for this tournament. He just couldn't pass up the "opportunity"

dencod16
04-17-2013, 02:40 AM
If everyone plays the best they can at their respective ages, then FO is not in his hands in any case. So I think this statement is rather jumping the gun...

He said can and not will. Which means he has a chance to win and this might hurt it.

Kyle_Johansen
04-17-2013, 05:13 AM
If he's playing, the ankle is good enough to go.

atennisfan
04-17-2013, 07:45 AM
If he's playing, the ankle is good enough to go.

My ankle is not 100%, no?