Could you imagine Federer doing what Djokovic did last night? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Could you imagine Federer doing what Djokovic did last night?

Wing Man Frank
04-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Nope, me neither.

Federer makes Andy Murray look patriotic.

Zepploydath
04-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Nope, me neither.

Federer makes Andy Murray look patriotic.

Andy Murray isn't patriotic because he doesn't play Davis Cup. I guarantee you that Murray would play the vast majority of DC ties if there was a British player who was even within the top 100, nevermind some of Wawrinka's caliber.

viruzzz
04-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Federer will probably retire for the match as he always do when he feels a little bit of pain.

Topspindoctor
04-08-2013, 04:54 PM
It's a well known fact that Nose only cares about personal glory. One only needs to examine his arrogance fueled statements and interviews to see him for what he is. Unlike players like Djoker and Nadal who give their heart and soul to win for their country, the Swiss Hair Flicker only plays for himself.

Saberq
04-08-2013, 04:55 PM
no but it would have been a smarter move by Roger

The Prince
04-08-2013, 04:55 PM
I can't imagine Federer rolling his ankle in the first place. His movement may not be as good as the Serb's, but it is efficient, and not risky like Djokovic's. :)

Johnny Groove
04-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Federer will probably retire for the match as he always do when he feels a little bit of pain.

:lol:

Fed would have played through. Backerer was bad vs. Nadal in IW 2013, but even worse in TMC 2008 vs. Murray.

Q_1NTpaHSHY

Newcomer
04-08-2013, 04:58 PM
:lol:

Fed would have played through. Backerer was bad vs. Nadal in IW 2013, but even worse in TMC 2008 vs. Murray.

Q_1NTpaHSHY

Do you know what is sarcasm ?

nolesfan2011
04-08-2013, 05:02 PM
short answer, Yes, I could very well see Fed playing through pain in Davis Cup (if it was a key tie).

GSMnadal
04-08-2013, 05:03 PM
No, because Federer never gets injured.

BTW, good to have you back WMF, always liked you

70-68
04-08-2013, 05:03 PM
why even bring up Federer :lol: insecure much?

Also, Federer never retires from a match, so he would have finished it.

motorhead
04-08-2013, 05:06 PM
short answer: pathetic thread.

Wing Man Frank
04-08-2013, 05:08 PM
No, because Federer never gets injured.

BTW, good to have you back WMF, always liked you

:cool: with a mixture of :rolleyes:

EnriqueIG8
04-08-2013, 05:11 PM
It's a well known fact that Nose only cares about personal glory. One only needs to examine his arrogance fueled statements and interviews to see him for what he is. Unlike players like Djoker and Nadal who give their heart and soul to win for their country, the Swiss Hair Flicker only plays for himself.

Yeah because winning 17 slams, almost every record in tennis and being a great ambassador for the sport for 10+ years didn't do any good for Switzerland :rolleyes:

Like Davis Cup is the ultimate patriotic thing. Switzerland doesn't even have a chance to win it, and now he gets older why should he even bother to play it?

Wing Man Frank
04-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Yeah because winning 17 slams, almost every record in tennis and being a great ambassador for the sport for 10+ years didn't do any good for Switzerland :rolleyes:

Like Davis Cup is the ultimate patriotic thing. Switzerland doesn't even have a chance to win it, and now he gets older why should he even bother to play it?

Didn't he and Wawrinka win Olympic gold together?

No chance of winning it? What utter rubbish.

PedroMarquess
04-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Federer doesn't care for Davis Cup but he never gets injured so...

GSMnadal
04-08-2013, 05:15 PM

If Berdych and Stepanek can win it, surely 'GOAT' Federer can win it with a top 15 player like Wawrinka, right?

viruzzz
04-08-2013, 05:18 PM
If Berdych and Stepanek can win it, surely 'GOAT' Federer can win it with a top 15 player like Wawrinka, right?

Seriously? Are you comparing Sexy's Sexiness with... SOMETHING?!

BauerAlmeida
04-08-2013, 05:23 PM

When he was in his prime and with Wawrinka they definitely had a shot.

dencod16
04-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Andy Murray isn't patriotic because he doesn't play Davis Cup. I guarantee you that Murray would play the vast majority of DC ties if there was a British player who was even within the top 100, nevermind some of Wawrinka's caliber.

Lol, Murray before always said that he is Scottish, and was deferring the British thing, that is why he is not as loved by as Henman was.

cveks
04-08-2013, 05:25 PM
Davis Cup for tennis players is like national team for Messi or Koby Briant . All these great sportsmans enjoy and die to play for their country. Almost all they do . All except Fed.

BackhandDTL
04-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Djokovic: 31 matches in 19 ties played.
Federer: 58 matches in 22 ties played.

Who's not patriotic again?

I don't even like Fed, but this thread is useless.

Davis Cup for tennis players is like national team for Messi or Koby Briant . All these great sportsmans enjoy and die to play for their country. Almost all they do . All except Fed.

And Singles tennis is for people who understand that it is primarily an individual affair. :rolleyes:

Comparing a tennis player to two team sport athletes is just senseless.

sexybeast
04-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Serbia is a country that has suffered alot and Djokovic is so important for the people, there is more sense of nationalism and pride than just duty and the more vague notion of patriotism. He is in there for his people, Serbia is very much a nationstate based on the unity of a people by blood while Switzerland is a union of different people behind an idea. Switzerland had hundreds of years of peace, neutrality and prosperity while Serbia had more war, suffering and poverty than most countries of Europe.

To make it short, Switzerland doesnt need Federer while Serbia needs Djokovic. Probably that works viceversa aswell, beeing a hero of his people must have pushed him forward when he couldnt play tennis as a kid while his country was beeing bombed.

EnriqueIG8
04-08-2013, 05:38 PM

When he was in his prime and with Wawrinka they definitely had a shot.

Okay, maybe they did have a shot at it when Wawrinka was/is rubbish in DC ties.

But that's not the point in the thread. How does playing DC ties all the time make you patriotic?

Here you have patriotic;

x-uqnRjRYRE

pepita1964
04-08-2013, 05:45 PM
If Djokovic opponent was Del Potro,Nadal,Murray and not Querrey Djokovic
could quit as he has done in past for sure. We all know Novak is a bit of drama Queen

star
04-08-2013, 05:56 PM
If Djokovic opponent was Del Potro,Nadal,Murray and not Querrey Djokovic
could quit as he has done in past for sure. We all know Novak is a bit of drama Queen

Unlike Queen Fed.

:lol: :lol:

paseo
04-08-2013, 06:04 PM
No. Fed would not have embarrassed tennis by losing a set to Querrey.

Ben D.
04-08-2013, 06:10 PM
I can't imagine Federer playing a Davis Cup match.

pepita1964
04-08-2013, 06:16 PM
Unlike Queen Fed.

:lol: :lol:

We have seen Djokovic to quit from matches a lot but never seen Federer done it so far. Fed has played 1000+ matches and never quit. So bad example you gave me.
So THE DRAMA QUEEN is not Federer but someone else

PorkBarrel
04-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Lol, Murray before always said that he is Scottish, and was deferring the British thing, that is why he is not as loved by as Henman was.
Think it's also a class thing, Andy has a humble background. Middle England got behind Tim as he was solidly middle class and well mannered (with the notable exception of the ballgirl incident).

Wing Man Frank
04-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Serbia is a country that has suffered alot and Djokovic is so important for the people, there is more sense of nationalism and pride than just duty and the more vague notion of patriotism. He is in there for his people, Serbia is very much a nationstate based on the unity of a people by blood while Switzerland is a union of different people behind an idea. Switzerland had hundreds of years of peace, neutrality and prosperity while Serbia had more war, suffering and poverty than most countries of Europe.

To make it short, Switzerland doesnt need Federer while Serbia needs Djokovic. Probably that works viceversa aswell, beeing a hero of his people must have pushed him forward when he couldnt play tennis as a kid while his country was beeing bombed.

The sad thing is that you actually put thought and effort into that post.

Roy Emerson
04-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Nope. That's why he is still around, winning slams at 30. Also why he won so many slams. He takes care of his body. No need to overdo it.

Orka_n
04-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Garbage thread. Yes djokovic is a bit more patriotic than Fed, but who gives a shit. It would be the other way around if Fed was the one born in serbia. It has nothing to do with how great a champion he is, especially considering that this is a one player sport.

Not that Fed has completely ignored Davis cup - make no mistake, he hasn't. He's played it more than Nole.

Also, if OP thinks Fed would have retired if he was that injured, he's wrong. Roger does not retire. Exhibit A: His latest match vs Nadal.

sexybeast
04-08-2013, 07:12 PM
The sad thing is that you actually put thought and effort into that post.

Ouch, I am sorry that I had you put effort to read that post. Anyone who met any person from the balkans knows how much they love their countries, actually well beyond what is healthy for mind and body. Most nationalistic bunch in all of Europe without competition.

Compare it to the swiss...they dont even share a language.

TigerTim
04-08-2013, 07:16 PM
Don't see Federer gunning for the Retirement Grand Slam any time soon....

Rychu
04-08-2013, 07:25 PM

/thread

Wing Man Frank
04-08-2013, 07:26 PM
/thread

Because he's played more matches?

Look at the number of ties played. Novak has nearly played more despite being much younger.

Fair to say Fed's incredibly selfish.

samanosuke
04-08-2013, 07:31 PM
Fed won Wimbledon with broken back. You have to give more injury credibility to a guy who played 1000+ matches without retiring than a guy who was retiring week in and week out at some point.

Lodger Federer
04-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Because he's played more matches?

Look at the number of ties played. Novak has nearly played more despite being much younger.

Fair to say Fed's incredibly selfish.

Not actually.The number of ties is skewed by the fact that Djokovic's Davis Cup team is much better, so they get to play more ties due to them advancing farther (Hence why Fed has had to play 27 more matches than novak, despite him playing only 3 more ties.) You think Fed would play 58 Davis Cup matches if he didnt care about his country at all?

On topic, as much as Djokovic's improved in the injury front, I dont think you can call him more of a warrior than someone who hasn't retired in over 1000 matches...

Ziggy B
04-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Fed's played a fair few Davis Cup matches, though he's been inconsistent in them more recently. No denying Novak is very patriotic but picking up that injury could make him re-assess his priorities down the line. Never know with Nole though :sport:

BackhandDTL
04-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Not actually.The number of ties is skewed by the fact that Djokovic's Davis Cup team is much better, so they get to play more ties due to them advancing farther (Hence why Fed has had to play 27 more matches than novak, despite him playing only 3 more ties.) You think Fed would play 58 Davis Cup matches if he didnt care about his country at all?

Exactly. The fact that Federer has played close to 60 matches in a proportionally small number of ties shows how much more work he has to put in to any DC tie.

It's also worth mentioning that Fed played the bulk of those ties/matches relatively early in his career, where Nole is now. It remains to be seen whether or not Djokovic will continue committing to DC over the years.

But you'd need common sense to work all of that out.

Wing Man Frank
04-08-2013, 07:53 PM

On topic, as much as Djokovic's improved in the injury front, I dont think you can call him more of a warrior than someone who hasn't retired in over 1000 matches...

Of the 16 matches Serbia have had since 2007 Djokovic has played 13 ties.

Of the 15 matches Switzerland have had since 2007 Federer has played 7 ties.

Mountaindewslave
04-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Djokovic exagerrated his injury anyway you guys are acting like pussy cats, a little awkwardness in his ankle it was nothing serious
he wouldn't sacrafice clay season to play Davis Cup and if there was SERIOUSLY considerable pain he wouldn't have won the last 2 sets 6-1 6-0 or whatever it was
how naive are tennis fans
same tactics Novak used in his whole career, act dramatic and imply injury so opponent is off put
it's nothing more distractions
and Federer has never retired in the middle of a match in his career while DJokovic has many times?
this thread is retarded

Lodger Federer
04-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Of the 16 matches Serbia have had since 2007 Djokovic has played 13 ties.

Of the 15 matches Switzerland have had since 2007 Federer has played 7 ties.

I like how you've limited the sample size to try and make Fed look worse. Strengthens your case, imo. Even so, Djokovic's only played 5 more matches than federer in Davis cup since 2007 (17-22, if i counted correctly), despite one apparently not caring for his country. Of course, I don't doubt Novak's patriotism, but I feel as if Federer's nonchalantness about davis cup is overblown...

Lodger Federer
04-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Djokovic exagerrated his injury anyway you guys are acting like pussy cats, a little awkwardness in his ankle it was nothing serious
he wouldn't sacrafice clay season to play Davis Cup and if there was SERIOUSLY considerable pain he wouldn't have won the last 2 sets 6-1 6-0 or whatever it was
how naive are tennis fans
same tactics Novak used in his whole career, act dramatic and imply injury so opponent is off put
it's nothing more distractions
and Federer has never retired in the middle of a match in his career while DJokovic has many times?
this thread is retarded

Ah, I see Djokovic's never ever allowed to get injured. If he does, he's faking. He got injured while having 2 break points on Querrey's serve (in querrey's second service game, no less). He was already winning the match, so why would he need to take Querrey off his game? Even more, Djokovic lost a set after the injury. Why would he commit that hard to faking? And how was it so off putting to Querrey if he managed to win a set much after the injury happened? Was it some sort of delayed reaction?

abraxas21
04-08-2013, 08:22 PM

murray would be patriotic about DC if he were competing for his real nation only, scotland.

Federer in 2
04-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Can you imagine Wing Man Frank opening a thread that will fool people into thinking his IQ is 3 digits long?

Yup, me neither.

Wing Man Frank
04-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Can you imagine Wing Man Frank opening a thread that will fool people into thinking his IQ is 3 digits long?

Yup, me neither.

Pot, kettle, black.

SliceAce
04-08-2013, 08:40 PM
Fakervic has a long history of faking injury in Davis Cup ties:

zuBP2j55oHo

:haha: So funny Del Potro completely ignores him and goes to celebrate, he knows what a real injury is and is probably insulted by the antics of Faker.

Roy Emerson
04-08-2013, 08:40 PM
Don't see Federer gunning for the Retirement Grand Slam any time soon....

:)

Federer in 2
04-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Funny how this thread is about Federer, who has NEVER retired hurt, and who played through a severe back injury to claim Wimbledon 2012 title, and on the other side there's Djokovic who has a long history of retirements. He retired against Nadal in a Grand Slan QF AND SF, FFS...

MTwEeZi
04-08-2013, 08:46 PM
zuBP2j55oHo

That is the exact same reaction from the exact same shot he made this year. (0:19 - 0:33)

YoO5r-X1M-o

Wing Man Frank
04-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Funny how this thread is about Federer, who has NEVER retired hurt, and who played through a severe back injury to claim Wimbledon 2012 title, and on the other side there's Djokovic who has a long history of retirements. He retired against Nadal in a Grand Slan QF AND SF, FFS...

It's more about the fact that in order for this situation to occur Federer would actually have to show up and play for his country.

BackhandDTL
04-08-2013, 08:59 PM

zuBP2j55oHo

That is the exact same reaction from the exact same shot he made this year. (0:19 - 0:33)

YoO5r-X1M-o

Too consistent, this Nole. :worship: Even in agony.

Wasn't it his back that was injured the first time?

Federer in 2
04-08-2013, 09:00 PM
It's more about the fact that in order for this situation to occur Federer would actually have to show up and play for his country.

So what if Federer doesn't show up for DC? Playing for your country is nice, but in tennis it's much much more important to play for yourself.
Djokovic likes to represent Serbia? Kudos to him then. Not a reason to accuse RF of anything. If he had injured his ankle playing DC, WHY ON EARTH would he risk making it worse for DC, while he can concentrate on getting fit for Slams? He is also nearly 32, and not living in an egg.

Djokovic can keep making those gestures, and I'm 100% he will keep fooling the same people who are calling him a 'Spartan' now. But let's face it, whenever fighting through pain is concerned, Fed's achievement of never retiring and only withdrawing from a match twice will never be repeated, inside or outside DC.

Wing Man Frank
04-08-2013, 09:03 PM
So what if Federer doesn't show up for DC? Playing for your country is nice, but in tennis it's much much more important to play for yourself.
Djokovic likes to represent Serbia? Kudos to him then. Not a reason to accuse RF of anything. If he had injured his ankle playing DC, WHY ON EARTH would he risk making it worse for DC, while he can concentrate on getting fit for Slams? He is also nearly 32, and not living in an egg.

Djokovic can keep making those gestures, and I'm 100% he will keep fooling the same people who are calling him a 'Spartan' now. But let's face it, whenever fighting through pain is concerned, Fed's achievement of never retiring and only withdrawing from a match twice will never be repeated, inside or outside DC.

Does defending Federer increase your sense of self-worth? It confuses and bemuses me how someone could take such offense time and again when someone dares question their hero.

Relax. Take a deep breath and log off the computer before you implode.

nick the greek
04-08-2013, 09:04 PM

zuBP2j55oHo

:haha: So funny Del Potro completely ignores him and goes to celebrate, he knows what a real injury is and is probably insulted by the antics of Faker.
http://chrissports.net/panel/_files/Image/NEWS/Novak%20-%20Wimbledon%20Champion%202011/HEAD__NO1VAK.jpg

Lee
04-08-2013, 09:06 PM

zuBP2j55oHo

So he faked injury so Serbia did not defend DC title and continued to fake his injury by not defending his title in Beijing, a 500 event and SF in Shanghai, a 1000 event. Makes excellent sense.

Federer in 2
04-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Does defending Federer increase your sense of self-worth? It confuses and bemuses me how someone could take such offense time and again when someone dares question their hero.

Relax. Take a deep breath and log off the computer before you implode.

Defending? All I'm doing is informing you there's is nothing to defend him from.
Sadly, you fail to realize how absurd it is to open a thread like this one. And I'm the one who needs to log off :spit:

Alex999
04-08-2013, 09:08 PM
Not sure why bring Fed into this. It is his choice to play or not to play DC. btw,

Djokovic cried after the match. Someone posted a video on TW. I just hope he'll be fine for the clay season. I simply hate injuries. I want all players to be healthy.

and all of this mambo jumbo about who is more patriotic is really getting silly. Nole represented his country in the best possible way. Kudos to him.

I'm really not sure why we need all of these threads 'who is bigger, who is better'.

Both Nole and Fed are great players, very dedicated. end of story.

the thing with Djokovic is that he feels he has Serbia on his shoulders. As his fan I read a lot about him. Djokovic visits Serbia and the president quits all of his daily duties in order to meet him. crazy stuff. Serbian Orthodox Church gave him the highest award they could (can't remember what it's called). I respect his devotion.

Wing Man Frank
04-08-2013, 09:08 PM
Defending? All I'm doing is informing you there's is nothing to defend him from.
Sadly, you fail to realize how absurd it is to open a thread like this one. And I'm the one who needs to log off :spit:

Federer has let his county down time and again.

It's a fact.

Federer in 2
04-08-2013, 09:12 PM
Federer has let his county down time and again.

It's a fact.

The only people Federer has let down, are his haters.

Those were some serious technical difficulties they experienced during mid-2012.

samanosuke
04-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Fed was badly injured before Olympics finals but decided to represent his country honestly. Fed is current time Henry Dunant in terms of unselfishly sacrificing

Wing Man Frank
04-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Fed was badly injured before Olympics finals but decided to represent his country honestly. Fed is current time Henry Dunant in terms of unselfishly sacrificing

He wanted a Gold medal. He would have represented North Korea if it meant he was given the chance to win one.

Topspindoctor
04-08-2013, 09:15 PM

Those were some serious technical difficulties they experienced during mid-2012.

Noserer's luck has finally run out this year. No more virus plagued tournaments, easy draws, blue clay and chokers on his way to titles. It's time Decrepiterer left the top 5 and every legit tennis fan knows it.

ProdigyEng
04-08-2013, 09:15 PM

They way some of his fans act its almost as if he lets them down, like 17 slams and numerous titles is not enough.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

barbadosan
04-08-2013, 09:16 PM

I guess that explains why Fed has played 58 matches for Switzerland in Davis Cup. Who else of active players is near that mark?

Tiebreak100
04-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Not sure why bring Fed into this. It is his choice to play or not to play DC. btw,

Djokovic cried after the match. Someone posted a video on TW. I just hope he'll be fine for the clay season. I simply hate injuries. I want all players to be healthy.

and all of this mambo jumbo about who is more patriotic is really getting silly. Nole represented his country in the best possible way. Kudos to him.

I'm really not sure why we need all of these threads 'who is bigger, who is better'.

Both Nole and Fed are great players, very dedicated. end of story.

the thing with Djokovic is that he feels he has Serbia on his shoulders. As his fan I read a lot about him. Djokovic visits Serbia and the president quits all of his daily duties in order to meet him. crazy stuff. Serbian Orthodox Church gave him the highest award they could (can't remember what it's called). I respect his devotion.

I agree, Novak is fully committed to his country, that is why he lives in Monte Carlo. :rolleyes:

samanosuke
04-08-2013, 09:18 PM
He wanted a Gold medal. He would have represented North Korea if it meant he was given the chance to win one.

Nah.. I bet every time he visits Dubai, sheiks offering him zillions to play for UAE but he wouldn't change his origins neither for losing his choking abilities against nadal

Federer in 2
04-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Noserer's luck has finally run out this year. No more virus plagued tournaments, easy draws, blue clay and chokers on his way to titles. It's time Decrepiterer left the top 5 and every legit tennis fan knows it.

Is that the only way you are gonna get off life support? Or would him dropping to #4 be enough?

They way some of his fans act its almost as if he lets them down, like 17 slams and numerous titles is not enough.

Such as..............?

barbadosan
04-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Is that the only way you are gonna get off life support? Or would him dropping to #4 be enough?

Such as..............?

oh snap! lmao

nick the greek
04-08-2013, 09:20 PM
:superlol::superlol::superlol:

ProdigyEng
04-08-2013, 09:23 PM

Such as..............?

Crying fot him to retire when he doesn't win a tournament.

Federer in 2
04-08-2013, 09:25 PM

"Such as", as in who are those 'fans'?

samanosuke
04-08-2013, 09:28 PM

i am crying for him to retire every time he couldn't beat djokovic or murray in straight sets

Topspindoctor
04-08-2013, 09:33 PM

I will be satisfied only when Nose drops out of top 10. As for the life support, comment, there is no need for that anymore. Doctors put me on prescribed meds recently as the violent incidents became less common :yeah:

Federer in 2
04-08-2013, 09:36 PM
I will be satisfied only when Nose drops out of top 10. As for the life support, comment, there is no need for that anymore. Doctors put me on prescribed meds recently as the violent incidents became less common :yeah:

Better find a new hobby, then.

samanosuke
04-08-2013, 09:41 PM
topspindoctor's posts definitely aren't for people with low IQ, his impeccable variety with nose and noserer nickname could easily make even the sharpest ones to start questioning theme selves

Kiedis
04-08-2013, 09:44 PM
I would feel a bit ashamed if I were Swiss.

samanosuke
04-08-2013, 09:48 PM

me too.

Imagine the embarrassment in saying to someone " I am from the same country as the greatest tennis player or all time and one of the most respected people in the world is "

I would much more prefer to say people " I am from the country of one ass picking cheater "

Alex999
04-08-2013, 09:49 PM
I agree, Novak is fully committed to his country, that is why he lives in Monte Carlo. :rolleyes:

man, you are being silly as usual, but hey. Djokovic can not have a normal life in Serbia. He is like God there. no privacy, he can't walk down the street like us regular mortals. I'm not even sure why I'm typing this. Djokovic and his family gave millions of dollars with their humanitarian organization. try to read and get informed before you post. you can google it.

and you are telling me Djokovic lives in Monaco because he doesn't have enough money to pay taxes in Serbia. He's made $50 millions just in prize money. I shouldn't even mention endorsements.

sorry bud, but try to use some logic before you post.

Kiedis
04-08-2013, 10:03 PM
me too.

Imagine the embarrassment in saying to someone " I am from the same country as the greatest tennis player or all time and one of the most respected people in the world is "

I would much more prefer to say people " I am from the country of one ass picking cheater "

A GOAT who even try to win anything relevant for his country :o

A GOAT who only knows about "I, Me, Myself" :mad:

A GOAT who don't feel any emotion when competing for his country :(

Welcome to the independent republic of Federerland

ProdigyEng
04-08-2013, 10:06 PM
i am crying for him to retire every time he couldn't beat djokovic or murray in straight sets

Yeah the GOAT should beat them both in straights all the time.

Topspindoctor
04-08-2013, 10:08 PM

Agreed. Nadal should always win in straight sets :yeah:

samanosuke
04-08-2013, 10:11 PM
Agreed. Nadal should always win in straight sets :yeah:

ofc, that 6 or so times finals in a row roasting showed exactly that

samanosuke
04-08-2013, 10:14 PM

exactly, that's the reason why he should retire and not desecrate his goatness by losing sets to some anonymous

70-68
04-08-2013, 10:14 PM
I don't get why non-swiss people care so much if Federer cares about Switzerland or not.

Paylu2007
04-08-2013, 10:17 PM
the ppl in this thread... Delusional Federer haters, keep it coming, u give everyone else something to laugh at.

samanosuke
04-08-2013, 10:19 PM
I don't get why non-swiss people care so much if Federer cares about Switzerland or not.

when you can't compare your favorite players with Fed in term of greatness you are finding other subjects where you can compare them

Tiebreak100
04-08-2013, 10:22 PM
man, you are being silly as usual, but hey. Djokovic can not have a normal life in Serbia. He is like God there. no privacy, he can't walk down the street like us regular mortals. I'm not even sure why I'm typing this. Djokovic and his family gave millions of dollars with their humanitarian organization. try to read and get informed before you post. you can google it.

and you are telling me Djokovic lives in Monaco because he doesn't have enough money to pay taxes in Serbia. He's made $50 millions just in prize money. I shouldn't even mention endorsements.

sorry bud, but try to use some logic before you post.

You cannot simply gloss over the fact that Novak does not live in Serbia. Federer and Nadal have managed to live in the country of their birth and their star is far greater than Novak's. If they can, why cant Novak? Unless you think the Serbian people do not respect privacy like the rest of us?

Serbia is a new country trying to establish itself in the world arena, so it does not look particularly good when the national icon decides to live elsewhere. I am sure the Serbian tourist board would agree. A multi millionaire can also live anywhere he wants and enjoy a secluded and peaceful life.

When conducting your 'extensive reading' on all things Novak, its sometimes best to be objective. Or occasionally, do not believe everything you read?

barbadosan
04-08-2013, 10:26 PM

So I ask again, for which country did Federer play all those 58 DC matches, for Kiedisland?

Methinks that's 58 more matches than you've played for your country, no?

tripwires
04-08-2013, 10:27 PM
OP banned = great news. Permaban should be kept for people like him.

Yeah, Olympic medals don't mean shit at all.

I know a few Swiss people in London; a couple of them are Federer fans. From the way they enthusiastically talk about him, I don't think they give a shit that he's never won them a Davis Cup. I don't think they even know what it is.

Federer in 2
04-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanned!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

samanosuke
04-08-2013, 10:30 PM
Swisses should be happy that Mirka caught him because he would probably ended up playing for Virgin Islands . Imagine country with few people having Roger Federer and Tim Duncan

Orka_n
04-08-2013, 10:30 PM
I read through this thread and man is Wing Man Frank an arseclown. Intentionally starts this pointless shit-throwing thread to aggrevate people and then continues to post in it to fuel the flamewar.

ProdigyEng
04-08-2013, 10:51 PM
exactly, that's the reason why he should retire and not desecrate his goatness by losing sets to some anonymous

He must retire now to protect his positive H2H with Djoko King.

Can't have him ending his career with a negative H2H against 3 absolute nobodies.

Mr.Prysse.
04-08-2013, 10:54 PM
Half the player who played the Davis Cup aren't even resident of their own country.
Never bought the whole "Look, I'm sooo patriotic" when you take residence in Switzerland, the Bahamas or Monte Carlo.

HKz
04-08-2013, 10:55 PM

The clownery in this post is fucking epic.

samanosuke
04-08-2013, 10:57 PM
He must retire now to protect his positive H2H with Djoko King.

Can't have him ending his career with a negative H2H against 3 absolute nobodies.

so why are you quoting my posts with repeating of my words ?

obviously King is your hyperbole

ProdigyEng
04-08-2013, 11:00 PM
so why are you quoting my posts with repeating of my words ?

obviously King is your hyperbole

Sorry I meant Queen

samanosuke
04-08-2013, 11:03 PM
oh boy, giving up, another lost case

ProdigyEng
04-08-2013, 11:05 PM
oh boy, giving up, another lost case

Its okay i know you cant handle a bit of banter and think I'm one of the worst posterd on the forum even when I have a little joke around.

heya
04-08-2013, 11:15 PM
Fed fans are confused.
This thread's for dignified tennis fans. Fans who can turn on and off their funniness.
Who are the evil, undignified, bores named Djoker, Murray & Nadal?

Fed fanatics just try to convince us that Ljubicic, Blake, Davydenko, Roddick & Federina are heroes to Davis Cup and the tennis community.

nick the greek
04-08-2013, 11:18 PM
You cannot simply gloss over the fact that Novak does not live in Serbia. Federer and Nadal have managed to live in the country of their birth and their star is far greater than Novak's. If they can, why cant Novak? Unless you think the Serbian people do not respect privacy like the rest of us?

Serbia is a new country trying to establish itself in the world arena, so it does not look particularly good when the national icon decides to live elsewhere. I am sure the Serbian tourist board would agree. A multi millionaire can also live anywhere he wants and enjoy a secluded and peaceful life.

When conducting your 'extensive reading' on all things Novak, its sometimes best to be objective. Or occasionally, do not believe everything you read?
You're so boring.

janko05
04-08-2013, 11:19 PM
Fed fans are confused.
This thread's for dignified tennis fans. Fans who can turn on and off their funniness.

Fed fanatics just try to convince us that Ljubicic, Blake, Davydenko, Roddick & Federina are heroes to Davis Cup and the tennis community.

been waiting for you :worship:

what took you so long? :(

arm
04-08-2013, 11:56 PM
Half the player who played the Davis Cup aren't even resident of their own country.
Never bought the whole "Look, I'm sooo patriotic" when you take residence in Switzerland, the Bahamas or Monte Carlo.

Money :shrug: there is no secret there. You can accuse them of being greedy, sure, but that Has nothing to do with how patriotic they are.

Tiebreak100
04-09-2013, 12:28 AM
You're so boring.

The truth can be at times.

Tag
04-09-2013, 12:31 AM
Fed fans are confused.

insecurity is the first prerequisite for supporting swiss criers who won't carry flags

Kiedis
04-09-2013, 01:21 AM
I am not a Djoker fan, but was touchy watch him fighting for Serbija like he did. It's a pitty he doesn't pay taxes in his beloved country like the majorcan guy does.

Orka_n
04-09-2013, 01:21 AM
Fedhaters are hilariously predictable. They can't argue against Roger's records, his game or his popularity on tour... so they're grasping at straws like this. Embarrassing stuff but that's life I guess.

rocketassist
04-09-2013, 01:25 AM
This whole 'he doesn't pay tax and lives abroad means he's not patriotic' is utter tripe.

Lleyton_
04-09-2013, 01:26 AM
Exaggerating an injury and/or risking his career? No.

And why is this thread still open? They should change the name of this site to Nadaltardforums.

samo7266
04-09-2013, 01:27 AM
Hats off to Djokovic for fighting through the pain to finish (and win!!) last night :worship:

And yes, I can "imagine" Federer finishing the match. He's only retired from a couple matches in his entire career. Toughness and durability have always been staples for Fed :worship:

Pointless thread IMO

Kiedis
04-09-2013, 01:34 AM
This whole 'he doesn't pay tax and lives abroad means he's not patriotic' is utter tripe.

A voter of Maggie Thatcher here, I see. Let me give you my condolences.

So help your fellow citizens in need with your taxes is not patriotic. It sounds a little paradoxical.

Well, many Serbs may not have too much to eat today, but at least they could watch the great Nole win for them. It is a pleasure that never will have the wealthier Swiss.

jojoh07
04-09-2013, 01:36 AM
when you can't compare your favorite players with Fed in term of greatness you are finding other subjects where you can compare them

very true statement

Mr. Oracle
04-09-2013, 01:52 AM
Patriotovic :)

heya
04-09-2013, 02:00 AM
I am not a Djoker fan, but was touchy watch him fighting for Serbija like he did. It's a pitty he doesn't pay taxes in his beloved country like the majorcan guy does.
So, Fed can cry when Nadal isn't too exhausted for Australian Open.
Fed can conveniently win Slams without tiring himself out in Davis Cup ties? Was he injured and exhausted at his 2 million dollar exhibitions?

Kiedis
04-09-2013, 02:03 AM
So, Fed can cry when Nadal isn't too exhausted for Australian Open.
Fed can conveniently win Slams without tiring himself out in Davis Cup ties? Was he injured and exhausted at his 2 million dollar exhibitions?

I've been quoted from mythical heya :eek: :woohoo:

Finally my MTF's life takes on a new dimension :D

octatennis
04-09-2013, 02:09 AM
Fed would play Davis cup if he was call by Pat Mac to play for the Usa.

Mr. Oracle
04-09-2013, 02:12 AM
Garbage thread. Yes djokovic is a bit more patriotic than Fed, but who gives a shit. It would be the other way around if Fed was the one born in serbia. It has nothing to do with how great a champion he is, especially considering that this is a one player sport.

People who recognize the nobility of serving something greater than themselves :yeah:, that's who!

heya
04-09-2013, 02:17 AM
LOL Pat McEnroe's still in throes of hysterical Federer love.
Even with a worthless US team, Pat would call Federer his team leader and mascot. OMFG

MIMIC
04-09-2013, 02:19 AM
WTF is this thread even about? The OP was like, "Well, here you go. Discuss."

rocketassist
04-09-2013, 02:27 AM
A voter of Maggie Thatcher here, I see. Let me give you my condolences.

So help your fellow citizens in need with your taxes is not patriotic. It sounds a little paradoxical.

Well, many Serbs may not have too much to eat today, but at least they could watch the great Nole win for them. It is a pleasure that never will have the wealthier Swiss.

You clearly haven't read the Thatcher thread in non-tennis then have you.

The middle sentence is like saying everyone should live in their home country and never emigrate.

Pusha T
04-09-2013, 06:59 AM
Not a chance, Federer would never lose a set against Sam Querrey.

bokehlicious
04-09-2013, 07:03 AM
Reading [SUI] next to the GOAT's name will always be the reason why Federer will forever be a king in his home country. Leave that meaningless davis cup to the mere people.

bokehlicious
04-09-2013, 07:06 AM

me too.

:haha: :yeah:

pepita1964
04-09-2013, 07:17 AM
So Djokovic is patriot when he plays for DC but when he does not play he is a patriot and hero as it happened last year.

Federer in 2
04-09-2013, 07:36 AM
Not a chance, Federer would never lose a set against Sam Querrey.

Can't believe it took 120 posts for this to happen :haha: :yeah:

Kiedis
04-09-2013, 09:28 AM
:haha: :yeah:

Spain 5 - Switzerland 0

:wavey:

bokehlicious
04-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Spain 5 - Switzerland 0

At world cup 2010 we were the only one to beat and school Spain. SUI-ESP 1-0 :smoke: :D

Sophocles
04-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Erm, Federer's never retired from a match.

Kiedis
04-09-2013, 12:28 PM
At world cup 2010 we were the only one to beat and school Spain. SUI-ESP 1-0 :smoke: :D

lol, It was just to give a touch of drama. Anyway it was nice to watch a bunch of athletes who truly cared Switzerland, included this guy Senderos. Even a Spaniard has done more for Switzerland than Federer.

Cereal Killer
04-09-2013, 12:36 PM
The middle sentence is like saying everyone should live in their home country and never emigrate.

That's assuming being deemed non-patriotic is a negative thing.

I generally agree with those saying that patriots pay taxes in their own country, otherwise they can't be considered patriots.

Alex999
04-09-2013, 01:33 PM
I still don't get this thread. Novak obvioulsl injured his ankle. what does this have to do with Fed? 'Could you imagine Fed doing what Djokovic did last night'... what that even means? what the heck Novak did last night? it doesn't make any sense.

So, Fed is perfect. Novak is not. what are we talking about here?

One thing I really don't understand is that 'some' Fed fans need to remind us that Fed is the best ever. Well, he is. I don't have a problem with it.

guga2120
04-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Simple answer to the original question is obviously of course not. It's no question the arrogant one's top priority is his own glory.

atennisfan
04-09-2013, 01:41 PM
That's assuming being deemed non-patriotic is a negative thing.

I generally agree with those saying that patriots pay taxes in their own country, otherwise they can't be considered patriots.

I agree.

heya
04-09-2013, 01:45 PM
I still don't get this thread. Novak obvioulsl injured his ankle. what does this have to do with Fed? 'Could you imagine Fed doing what Djokovic did last night'... what that even means? what the heck Novak did last night? it doesn't make any sense.

One thing I really don't understand is that 'some' Fed fans need to remind us that Fed is the best ever. Well, he is. I don't have a problem with it.

This isn't about one day of Djoker's life.
This is a laundry list of Federer's phoney special treatment by the media & so-called fans.
Clearly, the OP is not a Fed fanatic. Federina was a troll who enjoyed being ignorant about Djoker. Ignorant just like Fed's troll pigeon opponents. He definitely is no great anything.... No wonder every lovely person here enjoys this thread.

nole_no1
04-09-2013, 02:20 PM

zuBP2j55oHo

lol how pathetic are you? you never stop to amaze me with your stupidity

Orka_n
04-09-2013, 03:40 PM

One thing I really don't understand is that 'some' Fed fans need to remind us that Fed is the best ever. Well, he is. I don't have a problem with it.What is going on is that this thread is a baiting attempt from a Federer hater to initiate a discussion where Roger's attitude towards davis cup is attacked. Many normal noletards & general fedhaters are chiming in with their own insults, not realizing that the OP was only stirring shit for the fun of it (which is why he is now banned).

Then naturally, Fedtards feel the need to respond and boom! The OP succeeded in starting a flamewar.

That's the situation in a nutshell.

Tag
04-09-2013, 08:13 PM
What is going on is that this thread is a baiting attempt from a Federer hater to initiate a discussion where Roger's attitude towards davis cup is attacked. Many normal noletards & general fedhaters are chiming in with their own insults, not realizing that the OP was only stirring shit for the fun of it (which is why he is now banned).

Then naturally, Fedtards feel the need to respond and boom! The OP succeeded in starting a flamewar.

That's the situation in a nutshell.

fraudfans can't accept any criticism

it is what it is

Yolita
04-09-2013, 08:45 PM

Comparing a tennis player to two team sport athletes is just senseless.

First of all, I don't think players should be judged on how much commitment they have for Davis Cup: those decisions are not made in a vacuum. Being from Serbia is not the same as being from Switzerland. Completely different conditions.

So I'm not judging Federer or anybody else because they have less commitment than Novak.

However, I don't like numbers being interpreted in a biased way. I like numbers. :)

The commitment to Davis Cup is reflected by the number of ties the player was availble for his team: the total number of matches depends on whether the other members won their matches or not. Depending on the circumstances, a player can play 1, 2 or 3 matches per tie. Novak has been in all 3 situations, in different ties.

Novak was available for 2 ties so far this year: in the first tie he only played one match because Viktor won his, in the second tie he played two matches. But the travelling and the readiness to play was the same in both cases: perhaps even more in the first, because he had just won a Grand Slam and he didn't even go to the photo-shoot or allow himself a few days of celebration, he took a plane at 3am to fly to Belgium.

So, it's the number of ties that should be counted. Every country plays at least 2 ties every year: if they lose their first tie, they have play-offs in September.

So, Roger, being 6 years older than Novak, and having been a pro for over 5 years longer than Nole, if he was as commited as Novak, would have played 10 or 12 more ties than Novak, but Novak has played 19 and Roger 22. That shows Novak's commitment is far greater than Roger.

Again: I'm not judging personal decisions by players. Tennis is a personal sport and each player has his own set of circumstances. I fully understand Roger not wanting to disrupt his schedule for something he knows he can't win. I'm only objecting to the pretense that Roger is as commited as Novak. That's just not true. No need to spin facts: there's absolutely nothing wrong with being less commited to Davis Cup than Novak Djokovic. :D

Mr.Prysse.
04-09-2013, 09:02 PM
Nadal never played Davis Cup outside of Europe and Djokovic made his "non-European+Israel" debut in Boise.
Federer played twice in Australia which is quite the trip.

Novak has a multimillion business based on his love from Serbia.
He has to be dramatic.

Lee
04-09-2013, 09:09 PM
Nadal never played Davis Cup outside of Europe and Djokovic made his "non-European+Israel" debut in Boise.

He has to be dramatic.

So you count when Federer flew from US (after he lost in SF in USO) to play DC playoff in Australia but you discount Djokovic flew from Australia (a few hours after he won AO) to play first round in Belgium.

Makes PERFECT sense.

Mr.Prysse.
04-09-2013, 09:15 PM
So you count when Federer flew from US (after he lost in SF in USO) to play DC playoff in Australia but you discount Djokovic flew from Australia (a few hours after he won AO) to play first round in Belgium.

Makes PERFECT sense.

I admit I didn't view that angle. Touché, I guess.
Although Djokovic had to go "home" anyways, no?

SerialKillerToBe
04-09-2013, 09:21 PM

He has to be dramatic.

this. Nole has to keep up appearances somehow. That little crying bit did him a load of favors.

Kyle_Johansen
04-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Why do people feed the trolls?

Lee
04-09-2013, 09:25 PM
I admit I didn't view that angle. Touché, I guess.
Although Djokovic had to go "home" anyways, no?

I am touché when people saying things that seriously lack common sense.

Alex999
04-09-2013, 09:30 PM
First of all, I don't think players should be judged on how much commitment they have for Davis Cup: those decisions are not made in a vacuum. Being from Serbia is not the same as being from Switzerland. Completely different conditions.

So I'm not judging Federer or anybody else because they have less commitment than Novak.

However, I don't like numbers being interpreted in a biased way. I like numbers. :)

The commitment to Davis Cup is reflected by the number of ties the player was availble for his team: the total number of matches depends on whether the other members won their matches or not. Depending on the circumstances, a player can play 1, 2 or 3 matches per tie. Novak has been in all 3 situations, in different ties.

Novak was available for 2 ties so far this year: in the first tie he only played one match because Viktor won his, in the second tie he played two matches. But the travelling and the readiness to play was the same in both cases: perhaps even more in the first, because he had just won a Grand Slam and he didn't even go to the photo-shoot or allow himself a few days of celebration, he took a plane at 3am to fly to Belgium.

So, it's the number of ties that should be counted. Every country plays at least 2 ties every year: if they lose their first tie, they have play-offs in September.

So, Roger, being 6 years older than Novak, and having been a pro for over 5 years longer than Nole, if he was as commited as Novak, would have played 10 or 12 more ties than Novak, but Novak has played 19 and Roger 22. That shows Novak's commitment is far greater than Roger.

Again: I'm not judging personal decisions by players. Tennis is a personal sport and each player has his own set of circumstances. I fully understand Roger not wanting to disrupt his schedule for something he knows he can't win. I'm only objecting to the pretense that Roger is as commited as Novak. That's just not true. No need to spin facts: there's absolutely nothing wrong with being less commited to Davis Cup than Novak Djokovic. :D
Great post Yolita. what I find on MTF is that so many people judge players so much. It's like Roger is not 'Swiss enough' because he hasn't played that much for Switzerland. Nole is too nationalistic because he cares so much about Serbia. like really, can you have it both ways? If Fed does not feel playing for his country and Djokovic wants to break both of his legs for his country, let it be. We all make our choices in life.

Fed is simply preserving his body. as simple as that. Djokovic is carrying Serbia on his shoulders. He doesn't have to but he is expected.

Kyle_Johansen
04-09-2013, 09:35 PM
I find it funny the same people that find Davis Cup meaningless are the ones that bash Fed for not having as big an interest in it as Djokovic does.

Switzerland has Federer. They have Stan but he's too inconsistent and rarely ever performs well in DC. Berdych and Stepanek won the DC last year for the Czechs but the same can't happen now with Fed at 31 years old. He doesn't want to commit to it because he needs to remain fresh for the biggest and most important events.

Looner
04-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Lol, pathetic noobs. Fed has played through pain plenty of times without pussy-footing and whining every step of the way.

Kiedis
04-09-2013, 09:46 PM
I find it funny the same people that find Davis Cup meaningless are the ones that bash Fed for not having as big an interest in it as Djokovic does.

Switzerland has Federer. They have Stan but he's too inconsistent and rarely ever performs well in DC. Berdych and Stepanek won the DC last year for the Czechs but the same can't happen now with Fed at 31 years old. He doesn't want to commit to it because he needs to remain fresh for the biggest and most important events.

Top players in tennis history have left their mark on, at least once, in DC. Don't be so tards and admit that is a stain on his record.

barbadosan
04-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Top players in tennis history have left their mark on, at least once, in DC. Don't be so tards and admit that is a stain on his record.

Well if that's a stain on his record (Davis Cup being a sport that depends on an entire team), then think of all the great big blots on the records of all other tennis players who haven't managed to get 17 Grand Slams, 300+ weeks at No. 1 etc. Their escutcheons must run rust-brown with the shame of that

Ed: BTW, ever noticed that when players are introduced at tennis tournaments throughout an entire long season, from 250s through to Grand Slams, the MC's/Announcers only mention the achievements of the player's individual tennis history - nary a word, ever, about anything they may have done in DC. Hmmmm...

pepita1964
04-09-2013, 10:01 PM
Djokovic does not need to play singles and doubles matches in DC but Federer always play them. Let see how long Djokovic will play DC and how often. Last year he did not play but this year he plays.Next year Novak maybe is not going to play . If you are top player like Federer and your team is only Wawrinka therefore Fed needs to play three days in row three
BO5 matches I think it is too much for a player who goes deep in GS/SF,F/ and MS 1000 as well. How many MS 1000 and GS won Berdych and Stepanek or SF an F at GS level they play ? Some of you would say Berdych and Stepanek won DC but no one of them play to win a GS or MS 1000. Fed played 1000+ matches at 32 and he is going to play less and less in future

nick the greek
04-09-2013, 10:27 PM
http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u572/spartacus120/laughter_zps58c93f5b.gif
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

zeleni
04-09-2013, 10:49 PM
federer wouldn't retire. probably he would tank like in IW versus rafa.

blackwell
04-10-2013, 12:05 AM
Unlike players like Djoker and Nadal who give their heart
Lol.. Nadal ?? Nope, he is too foxy..Clown missed almost all away matches. That means Nadull is afraid to play on indoor courts where he is a complete mug

atennisfan
04-10-2013, 12:07 AM
Federer wouldn't tank like a certain someone in 2012 paris masters, Federer would not fake injury and retire in matches, and Federer pays his income taxes to his own country.

Lee
04-10-2013, 12:43 AM
Federer wouldn't tank like a certain someone in 2012 paris masters, Federer would not fake injury and retire in matches, and Federer pays his income taxes to his own country.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/LeeCal/Smilies/laughingkitty_zps59f8efb4.gif

blackwell
04-10-2013, 12:45 AM
pays his income taxes to his own country.
This.. While Nadal robs pensioners of his country doing tax fraud (during an economic crisis) :facepalm:

star
04-10-2013, 01:11 AM
Uh --- Didn't Federer negotiate some special tax deal in his own country? I seem to remember something about that.

Kiedis
04-10-2013, 02:05 AM
Uh --- Didn't Federer negotiate some special tax deal in his own country? I seem to remember something about that.

Switzerland has its own tax paradises

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/news_digest/Federer_turns_his_back_on_home_canton.html?cid=680 6122

This.. While Nadal robs pensioners of his country doing tax fraud (during an economic crisis) :facepalm:

What?

heya
04-10-2013, 02:09 AM
Rogi arranged exhibitions with his pigeons to
look very charitable. He and his pigeons get angry if you don't pay them to appear at exhibitions.

Fed skipped Davis Cup; he was afraid of losing to Roddick & Hewitt. :lol: Apparently, their losses to Fed were equally as painful as his losing to Nadal 18 times.

Lucky Roddick argued bitterly with him about Fed's "painful losses", at the Wimbledon final interview. OMG, LMFAO

BackhandDTL
04-10-2013, 02:19 AM
Djoke plays DC for fake hero antics and to
look good to Serbian nation which loves him so. He knows top players are too busy with ATP schedule.

Djoke planned injury to skip embarrassment from Nadal and Monte Carlo; too much humiliation. Too bad DC title can't help him through long nights at French Open.

mug hata and other fans look on in awe as he clowns out of DC as "injured hero". Champ Del Po knew better last year and celebrated win anyway. OMFGLMAOROFLLOLOLOLOL

Honestly
04-10-2013, 02:32 AM
Whether Federer is patriotic or not is besides the point. He has done more for Switzerland then any Swiss in history probably.

Yolita
04-10-2013, 02:43 AM
look good to Serbian nation which loves him so. He knows top players are too busy with ATP schedule.

Djoke planned injury to skip embarrassment from Nadal and Monte Carlo; too much humiliation. Too bad DC title can't help him through long nights at French Open.

mug hata and other fans look on in awe as he clowns out of DC as "injured hero". Champ Del Po knew better last year and celebrated win anyway. OMFGLMAOROFLLOLOLOLOL

Novak planned an injury at the beginning of a match? And played 4 sets without moving properly? He could have done it at the end, with the same result, couldn't he? Do you have a theory for that, too?

And you shouldn't praise Delpo for what he did in Belgrade: he didn't behave well. It's understandable why he did it (and I'm not criticising him), but he didn't behave well.

I can only imagine how mtf would react if Nole started jumping up and down after winning against an opponent who's lying, injured, on the floor.

Lastly: let's see how the Nadal-Djokovic rivalry plays out this year. It's too early to talk, in my opinion.

Kyle_Johansen
04-10-2013, 04:17 AM
Hats off to Djokovic for fighting through the pain to finish (and win!!) last night :worship:

And yes, I can "imagine" Federer finishing the match. He's only retired from a couple matches in his entire career. Toughness and durability have always been staples for Fed :worship:

Pointless thread IMO

He's never retired.

Mr. Oracle
04-10-2013, 04:29 AM
He's never retired.

He could also be incredibly fortunate and lucky not to have sustained an injury during matchplay. I can't recall fed ever rolling over on an ankle like that, or having heatstroke, or pulling a hamstring etc. Like the lottery winner overcoming incredible odds, perhaps fed has simply been extremely lucky over the course of his considerably long career. Things like this happen from time to time. For me it does not demonstrate some kind of great virtue on his part, nor do I judge those who haven't had such luck and have been forced to retire.

Mark Lenders
04-10-2013, 04:31 AM
He could also be incredibly fortunate and lucky not to have sustained an injury during matchplay. I can't recall fed ever rolling over on an ankle like that, or having heatstroke, or pulling a hamstring etc. Like the lottery winner overcoming incredible odds, perhaps fed has simply been extremely lucky over the course of his considerably long career. Things like this happen from time to time. For me it does not demonstrate some kind of great virtue on his part, nor do I judge those who haven't had such luck and have been forced to retire.

Not saying Federer hasn't had his fair share of luck, but avoiding this particular injury in bold is not a result of luck but superior footwork. I can't imagine Federer ever rolling an ankle.

Mr. Oracle
04-10-2013, 04:36 AM
Not saying Federer hasn't had his fair share of luck, but avoiding this particular injury in bold is not a result of luck but superior footwork. I can't imagine Federer ever rolling an ankle.

I thinks it's wrong to reduce the world to simple cause and effect. Sometimes "shit just happens." That's why we call things "accidents." :) I wish no harm on Fed, but his luck could run out tomorrow in a dramatic way.

blackwell
04-10-2013, 06:27 AM
What?
Nadal investigated for tax fraud
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/02022012/58/nadal-moves-quash-tax-reports.html

buddyholly
04-10-2013, 06:55 AM
that report nowhere mentions fraud. It is all in your vacant mind.

atennisfan
04-10-2013, 07:21 AM

Federer has played a lot more than 1,000 matches, far far more than any other active players.

Avoiding injuries in matches that many is not pure luck.

Also, who's to say Fed never sustained injuries while playing? Just because he is not a drama queen does not mean he never had any.

janko05
04-10-2013, 07:35 AM
Federer has played a lot more than 1,000 matches, far far more than any other active players.

truer words have never been said :D

cveks
04-10-2013, 08:33 AM
Federer loves only himself. And maybe Mirka .

So no - I cant imagine Fed doing what Djokovic did for us in Davis Cup.

Gilloulou
04-10-2013, 11:36 AM
What a stupid thread. The only difference is that Fed would never ever put on a show like that if he was injured in a match. Nole was always a whiney drama queen, only that now he doesn't retire as often

Kiedis
04-10-2013, 11:46 AM

Can you read? Do you understand what you read?

Lodger Federer
04-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Novak planned an injury at the beginning of a match? And played 4 sets without moving properly? He could have done it at the end, with the same result, couldn't he? Do you have a theory for that, too?

And you shouldn't praise Delpo for what he did in Belgrade: he didn't behave well. It's understandable why he did it (and I'm not criticising him), but he didn't behave well.

I can only imagine how mtf would react if Nole started jumping up and down after winning against an opponent who's lying, injured, on the floor.

Lastly: let's see how the Nadal-Djokovic rivalry plays out this year. It's too early to talk, in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure he was just parodying heya's post above his.

GSMnadal
04-10-2013, 01:18 PM
The only real difference is Federer cries when he's fully healthy, in the form of his life and still loses, Djokovic cries when he's on his deathbed and still breadsticks and bagels Querrey.

Don't know which is worse to be honest.

Litotes
04-10-2013, 01:21 PM
The only real difference is Federer cries when he's fully healthy, in the form of his life and still loses, Djokovic cries when he's on his deathbed and still breadsticks and bagels Querrey.

Don't know which is worse to be honest.

Which incidents are you alluding to? Can't remember Federer crying in 2004-07, and he's obviously never been able to reproduce that sort of form since.

RIboy
04-10-2013, 01:21 PM

or having a sore throat...

Litotes
04-10-2013, 01:24 PM
or having a sore throat...

He had a sore throat during Montreal 2003, I'm surprised you don't remember ;)

GSMnadal
04-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Which incidents are you alluding to? Can't remember Federer crying in 2004-07, and he's obviously never been able to reproduce that sort of form since.

Australian Open 09 says hi (as you obviously knew).

He was playing some vintage Federer stuff there before Nadal stopped him. Don't act like Federer 04-07 is some sort of godly level he has never reached afterwards again. He didn't have the consistency anymore (of course a lot having to do with Rafa as well, but let's skip that debate), but he did play some of his best stuff for several tournaments (AO 2010 as well, WTF 10/indoor season of 2011).

Litotes
04-10-2013, 01:30 PM

He was playing some vintage Federer stuff there before Nadal stopped him. Don't act like Federer 04-07 is some sort of godly level he has never reached afterwards again. He didn't have the consistency anymore (of course a lot having to do with Rafa as well, but let's skip that debate), but he did play some of his best stuff for several tournaments (AO 2010 as well, WTF 10/indoor season of 2011).

He was playing well, but not as in 2007. I'm not saying his 2004-07 form was godly, merely that is was better than what came afterwards. Your "the form of his life"-comment was uncalled for. But then it was just another part of your self-appointed Sisyphus task of trying to convince people 2004-07 was a weak era, wasn't it?

GSMnadal
04-10-2013, 01:38 PM
He was playing well, but not as in 2007. I'm not saying his 2004-07 form was godly, merely that is was better that what came afterwards. Your "the form of his life"-comment was uncalled for. But then it was just another part at your self-appointed Sisyphus task of trying to convince people 2004-07 was a weak era, wasn't it?

Not at all.

Weak era has nothing to do with Roger's level of play. Note that I never said Roger's level was poor, just his competition wasn't as good as nowadays. I doubt you'll find many Nadal fans who are saying Roger himself is a talentless mug, a lot of Rafa's achievements are so impressive because he had to beat someone as great as Federer along the way.

I'm usually just saying he is overhyped, especially his level of play during those years. I have him and Nadal as the two greatest players we've ever seen for now. Form of his life, well, debatable. But it's hard to actually point out one specific tournament for one's career. But winning 3, 0 and 0 over Del Potro and cruising through the tournament in general (apart from the Berdych fiasco), it was definitely one of his best. Something a lot of Federer fans themselves have admitted (usually saying he was playing great and so much better than Nadal all tournament, and then 'choked' in the final, which is debatable).

Probably also adding why Federer was so devastated afterwards, knowing Rafa had truly surpassed him now.

Litotes
04-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Not at all.

Weak era has nothing to do with Roger's level of play. Note that I never said Roger's level was poor, just his competition wasn't as good as nowadays. I doubt you'll find many Nadal fans who are saying Roger himself is a talentless mug, a lot of Rafa's achievements are so impressive because he had to beat someone as great as Federer along the way.

I'm usually just saying he is overhyped, especially his level of play during those years. I have him and Nadal as the two greatest players we've ever seen for now. Form of his life, well, debatable. But it's hard to actually point out one specific tournament for one's career. But winning 3, 0 and 0 over Del Potro and cruising through the tournament in general (apart from the Berdych fiasco), it was definitely one of his best. Something a lot of Federer fans themselves have admitted (usually saying he was playing great and so much better than Nadal all tournament, and then 'choked' in the final, which is debatable).

Probably also adding why Federer was so devastated afterwards, knowing Rafa had truly surpassed him now.

Well, perhaps we see "Form of your life" differently. For me that means playing well every round, up to and including the final (if we're talking about a player that has a habit of making finals, for Donald Young to be in the form of his life a final won't be required). Way I see it, there's a difference between "Match of your life" and "Form of your life". You can play excellent matches even when your form is not entirely there. But you'll have trouble backing the performance up.

The 2009 AO loss was undoubtedly a hard one to swallow, coming to terms with what must have looked like (and mainly proved to be) the end of his HC domination. This was his first ever slam loss on HC to a younger opponent while he was healthy. And since then they've come more often. I guess he sensed that at the time.

bokehlicious
04-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Can you read? Do you understand what you read?

It seems you also had a hard time figuring out the article you posted above... :o

Chair Umpire
04-10-2013, 03:27 PM
In Fed's words: "If you're not fit enought just get out of there".

So the answer is no.

janko05
04-10-2013, 03:37 PM
In Fed's words: "If you're not fit enought just get out of there".

those are Roy Emerson's words. sit down

Chair Umpire
04-10-2013, 03:41 PM
http://www.aolnews.com/2009/01/28/roger-federer-on-novak-djokovic-if-youre-not-fit-enough-get/

janko05
04-10-2013, 03:47 PM
^^^ 'I'm in favor of saying...'
What does that suggest? originality?

Dark Knight
04-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Rogi arranged exhibitions with his pigeons to
look very charitable. He and his pigeons get angry if you don't pay them to appear at exhibitions.

Fed skipped Davis Cup; he was afraid of losing to Roddick & Hewitt. :lol: Apparently, their losses to Fed were equally as painful as his losing to Nadal 18 times.

Lucky Roddick argued bitterly with him about Fed's "painful losses", at the Wimbledon final interview. OMG, LMFAO

:superlol::superlol::superlol::superlol::superlol: :superlol:

born_on_clay
04-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Federer doesn't care about Davis Cup. Old news :shrug:

atennisfan
04-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Federer doesn't care about Davis Cup. Old news :shrug:

So Federer never played those 58 DC matches, mostly away, in various surfaces, and played double also?

a successful troll is successful

Kiedis
04-10-2013, 06:32 PM
It seems you also had a hard time figuring out the article you posted above... :o

I think I am not alone
that report nowhere mentions fraud. It is all in your vacant mind.

Chair Umpire
04-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Lol, pathetic noobs. Fed has played through pain plenty of times without pussy-footing and whining every step of the way.

Well, certainly nobody can deny that out of the big-3 (Nole-Rafa-Fed), Rogie is the only one who has ended a match in pain and tears.

http://www.chartherct.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/roger-federer-tearful-awarding-ceremonies-2009-australian-open-men-singles-finals.jpg

Looner
04-10-2013, 11:37 PM

We know you are trying hard, GSMNadal, but you'll never convince any non-heya person 2009 was during the period of 2004-2007.

Lleyton_
04-11-2013, 12:48 AM
Well, certainly nobody can deny that out of the big-3 (Nole-Rafa-Fed), Rogie is the only one who has ended a match in pain and tears.

Nobody without TV and internet access you mean?

rocketassist
04-11-2013, 02:30 AM

http://www.chartherct.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/roger-federer-tearful-awarding-ceremonies-2009-australian-open-men-singles-finals.jpg

Nole did in the Olympics.

MrPlateperson
04-11-2013, 02:32 AM
He is too mentally weak to do what Novak did. Not surprising coming from a player who's never had anybody decent to compete with for the majority of his career.

Mr. Oracle
04-11-2013, 02:37 AM

Also, who's to say Fed never sustained injuries while playing? Just because he is not a drama queen does not mean he never had any.

Yes, much of it can be attributed to luck. I follow many different sports. There are many athletes with horrible movement who never sustain injuries throughout their careers,

BackhandDTL
04-11-2013, 03:21 AM
Nole did in the Olympics.

Nadal also admitted to crying for an hour following Wimbledon '07.

Clown post, really.

Yes, much of it can be attributed to luck. I follow many different sports. There are many athletes with horrible movement who never sustain injuries throughout their careers,

Name one of them (the sports) that requires movement comparable to tennis, and more so, on surfaces comparable to those in tennis.

Few sports require such explosive yet restrained footwork. The constant, hard change of directions and quick, small steps interchanged with great strides is quite unique to the sport. Not to mention that this is primarily done on hard surfaces. And as if that weren't enough, few sports require continuous play like tennis does, let alone all from an individual player.

Common sense and a basic understanding of the human body yields that the more economical player is less at risk to injury, no matter how convenient it is to attribute it all to "luck".

Trollicki
04-11-2013, 10:11 PM
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/04/chiudinelli-swiss-davis-cup-team-wants-more-federer/47056/#.UWcmipOjdZp

Roger Federer’s friend and countryman Marco Chiudinelli tells ESPN Deportes that while he would like Federer to play Davis Cup more, it might not mean that Switzerland will finally win the Davis Cup. Playing without the world No. 3, Switzerland suffered a 3-2 loss to Czech Republic in the first round of World Group play, and will host a play-off tie against Ecuador in September.

“Obviously everyone on the team, including myself, are disappointed that he does not help us more often in these early rounds,” Chiudinelli said. “He played last year. And it doesn’t mean that just because he plays, we will win every time. We’ve lost series with him in the team. We lost against Czech Republic in 2007 with Roger. We lost last year against the United States, at home, with Roger. It’s not a guarantee of success with [Roger]. But obviously we have more chances if he’s with us.

“I always regret that he is not playing more. Everyone on the team regrets it. But there is nothing we can do about it….[But] he’s always honest about his decisions. We know a few months in advance. There has never been much room for discussion.”

The Prince
04-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Marco's absolutely right. It takes more than one person to win a Davis Cup, however, Switzerland are also privileged to have a solid top twenty player as their number two. Usually such a team would be going deep every year in Davis Cup, but it is of course up to Roger to decide what he wants to do. He's just let down his teammates a couple of times, I feel.

Litotes
04-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Marco's absolutely right. It takes more than one person to win a Davis Cup, however, Switzerland are also privileged to have a solid top twenty player as their number two. Usually such a team would be going deep every year in Davis Cup, but it is of course up to Roger to decide what he wants to do. He's just let down his teammates a couple of times, I feel.

He downgraded DC among his proirities a few years ago, just as Wawrinka became good enough for the team to be a serious force. Bad timing for the Swiss, perhaps, but he was open about keeping/regaining #1 was the priority. He's not the only top player to have thought so. Sampras immediately comes to mind.

Kiedis
04-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Nadal also admitted to crying for an hour following Wimbledon '07.

Clown post, really.

Yes, he did it in the locker room, where he didn't steal winner momentun or made ​​him feel uncomfortable. In public he behaved like a man.