DC QF: Injured Djokovic defeated Querrey 7-5, 6-7, 6-1, 6-0 SRB:USA 3-1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

DC QF: Injured Djokovic defeated Querrey 7-5, 6-7, 6-1, 6-0 SRB:USA 3-1

cveks
04-07-2013, 08:48 PM
I didnt expected after Djokovic injury in 1st set he can do it.

What a heart have this guy.

Djokovic just sad that he never twisted his ankle like this in his career and this was very bad injury for him but he will check tomorrow how bad it is.

samanosuke
shame on you Querrey, losing to this mug

hipolymer
Nole has regressed so far from his 2011 form. I don't think he'll ever win another slam. Even his AO 2013 was lucky because Murray was injured.

guga2120
Warrior Novak, too good as usual.

SheepleBuster
04-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Sam Querrey was awful. Can't wait for real tournaments though. Clay season is going to be exciting with Rafa back

NID
04-07-2013, 08:49 PM
classy interview by djokovic.
hope that he will rest, skip MC and recover completely for the real masters.

janko05
04-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Amazing what this man can do when he puts his mind to it :worship:

emotion
04-07-2013, 08:50 PM
I lost any respect I had for Querrey as a competitor. No heart, no emotion, no will. Djokovic was injured at one set all, Querrey plays a couple bad games, and gives up. Didn't seem too fussed about it though, just casually and calmly destroyed his team's chances.

Well done to Serbia, should beat Canada with Tipsy back if he ever gets healthy

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

SheepleBuster
04-07-2013, 08:51 PM
I see Justin Gimbelstob has found the perfect job after harassing that tennis girl. What did he call her?

rocketassist
04-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Querrey's capitulation :spit: whether Nole was inhibited or not who knows but if he was it makes Querrey look even more pathetic.

Dead Net Cord
04-07-2013, 08:54 PM
Huge credit for Novak for this win.

Querrey :(

Time Violation
04-07-2013, 08:54 PM
A true champ and #1 :worship: Unlucky for Sam, seems he struggled with his shoulder later on. Hope Novak fully recovers soon enough :)

Hypnotize
04-07-2013, 08:56 PM
What a legend! :worship:

70-68
04-07-2013, 08:56 PM
good effort from king nole, hopefully he will be fine for Monte Carlo

lol @ Querrey

nothing more needs to be said about this match

retister
04-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Nole has regressed so far from his 2011 form. I don't think he'll ever win another slam. Even his AO 2013 was lucky because Murray was injured.
You've gone pro with this anti-jinxing stuff, haven't you?

tnosugar
04-07-2013, 08:58 PM
said in the interview he played through pain whole first and second set. the painkillers started to kick in then. Well, off to Dr. Marijana Kovacevic now :)
seriously, he should skip MC.

MIMIC
04-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Wouldn't this be the 3rd time that Djokovic has bageled Querrey in as many meetings?

piksi
04-07-2013, 08:59 PM
he should win MC

NID
monte carlo is 7 days and 7 time zones away. can't see him not skipping it.

SheepleBuster

I wouldn't say he has regressed. I think he is less consistent. Take AO for instance. He did crush Murray in that final but had bad matches before. It remains to be seen if his inconsistency will cost him in future slams

tnosugar
04-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Wouldn't this be the 3rd time that Djokovic has bageled Querrey in as many meetings?

moreover, this was a one-legged bagel :devil:

hipolymer
said in the interview he played through pain whole first and second set. the painkillers started to kick in then. Well, off to Dr. Marijana Kovacevic now :)

He should skip entire clay season, or at least tank it. No reason to give Nadal more confidence.

Brick Top
Fast court killa!

guga2120
04-07-2013, 09:01 PM
Hopefully he's 100% for Monte Carlo. I doubt he would play if he was not. I want him healthy to see him and Rafa, against each other in the final. That tournament is always the best indicator for Paris.

cveks
04-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Monte Carlo starts 16th of April. Djokovic is free in 1st , so I he have around 10 days to rest and heal. We will see how bad injury is tomorrow.

nick the greek
04-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Stop this shit.

70-68
04-07-2013, 09:04 PM

AO 2013 was no different from his previous 2 slams :shrug: In fact, he was closer to defeat at AO 2012, and much much closer at USO 2011.

Depeche
04-07-2013, 09:06 PM

Thank God for those painkillers. He mentioned them a couple of times in the interview so it sounds like they made a huge difference. Novak was just on fire in the last set. It reminded me of the AO match vs. Ferrer this year. It's so awesome to see him totally focused and firing from both wings.

Ankle injuries can be much worse in the days after the initial injury so I won't be surprised if he skips MC. If he's forced just to rest and is not able to practice on clay, it would probably be a smart move.

bjurra
04-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Querrey wasn't bad in the first two sets. Questionable effort in 3rd and 4th though.

nick the greek
What a guy, what a fighter, what a hero.No1e bleeds, sweats and cries for his country unlike certain somebody who cries only for himself.

ZaZoo)
Bakerovic :inlove:

mate
04-07-2013, 09:10 PM
Комплименти за Нолета и цијели тим :worship:

cocrcici
04-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Querrey needs shrink ASAP.

incognito
04-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Not sure what his performance at a court in Boise, Idaho, has to do with him regressing. He won both matches against two opponents that beat him last year, and he did so losing only one set in a tiebreak on a surface of their choice...

tnosugar
04-07-2013, 09:17 PM
He should skip entire clay season, or at least tank it. No reason to give Nadal more confidence.

if that was his mindset, he would not have won 1 major, let alone 6.

he's gonna do what's best for him long-term, I have no doubt about that.

tnosugar
04-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Комплименти за Нолета и цијели тим :worship:

haha. top post of the thread, def. In Cyrillic from our dearest neighbours :P Thank you and hopefully you guys get your sh.t together soon so we can have a face off again.

hipolymer
04-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Not sure what his performance at a court in Boise, Idaho, has to do with him regressing. He won both matches against two opponents that beat him last year, and he did so losing only one set in a tiebreak on a surface of their choice...

His forehand does not dictate play as much as it used to. It's just a solid shot these days, nothing more. His serve is not as good. His backhand down the line is not as reliable either.

moodin0931
04-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Sam :facepalm:

Alex999
04-07-2013, 09:31 PM
I was scared to death when I saw him twists his ankle. I hope it's nothing serious. I really hope all players are healthy and well ...

Ash86
04-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Utterly pathetic from Querrey. Hope Nole's ankles okay. Assuming if he could play on it it wasn't a serious long term injury. If it was totally twisted he wouldn't have been able to play on. Querrey and Isner are the worst top 2 the US has ever had - no fire, no passion. How did they even become tennis players? Don't even look like they enjoy the game. Just awful stuff.

tnosugar
04-07-2013, 09:39 PM
Utterly pathetic from Querrey. Hope Nole's ankles okay. Assuming if he could play on it it wasn't a serious long term injury. If it was totally twisted he wouldn't have been able to play on. Querrey and Isner are the worst top 2 the US has ever had - no fire, no passion. How did they even become tennis players? Don't even look like they enjoy the game. Just awful stuff.

i like Isner actually. Something's wrong with him, he was on a good path this time last year, then just puffed out. I hate to say it, but it seems that US tennis camps and methodology are now seriously lagging behind Europe. At least in the men's game. Perhaps some different people need to start molding the players in the transition to pro level.

MuzzahLovah
04-07-2013, 09:40 PM
This f*cking dumbass :facepalm: Why even play DC?
Nadal to defend all his clay titles.

Topspindoctor
04-07-2013, 09:47 PM

Don't worry, he just has to hibernate inside the egg for the duration of clay season and No2e will be back :rocker2: Will win Toronto/USO :yeah:

Kat_YYZ
04-07-2013, 09:49 PM

You've gone pro with this anti-jinxing stuff, haven't you?
it's pretty irritating, isn't it? :lol:

while it's true that he doesn't play like that very often anymore, it's also true that he doesn't really need to. I can recall this attitude with Fed fans, too (sometimes even myself). Why isn't he winning in straight sets all the time and double bagelling everyone? The truth is, it's those kind of results that are unrealistic and have a limited life. Having ups and downs and occasionally being pushed by opponents is the norm. And the elite players like Federer, Djokovic and Nadal will often find ways to win when they don't have their best stuff -- that's what sets them apart.

But fans are greedy and unreasonable. :shrug:

Topspindoctor
04-07-2013, 09:50 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4jxkeRm7Q1qhchhqo1_400.gif

ProdigyEng
04-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Ahahahahahaaha even injured djoko king can hand out bakery products to the worst us number one in history

Dobarrr

thrust
04-07-2013, 09:57 PM

Why play DC? Because many players love to play for their Country, and enjoy being on a team again, which is a totally different experience from the rest of the year. Mainly though, for the love of Country, I would say.

rutinos harcos
All hail Djoko King.

ProdigyEng
His forehand does not dictate play as much as it used to. It's just a solid shot these days, nothing more. His serve is not as good. His backhand down the line is not as reliable either.

Shut up ffs. This anti jinx shit or whatever is annoying as hell. Injured djoko king still managed to breadstick and bagel Querrey and I know Sam isn't the best of talents but still impressive stuff from Nole.

ProdigyEng
04-07-2013, 09:58 PM
All hail Djoko King.

Dooooooooobaaaaaarrr

Topspindoctor
04-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Shut up ffs. This anti jinx shit or whatever is annoying as hell. Injured djoko king still managed to breadstick and bagel Querrey and I know Sam isn't the best of talents but still impressive stuff from Nole.

:yeah:

No2e to triple bagel Kneedull in RG final. Book it :sport:

janko05
04-07-2013, 10:04 PM

No2e to triple bagel Kneedull in RG final. Book it :sport:

No. Bullzilla will teach your boy a lesson comes RG time :wavey:

allpro
04-07-2013, 10:16 PM
queery is useless. no heart, no balls, no nothing.

Mr. Oracle
04-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Djoker digging deep for his teammates and legions of loyal belieber-like fans back home in the fatherland. So selfless. The global serbian conquest continues.

SheepleBuster
04-07-2013, 10:32 PM
I bet the conversation Jim Courier had with Sam Querrey after the match was more interesting than the match itself.

Federer in 2
04-07-2013, 10:35 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4jxkeRm7Q1qhchhqo1_400.gif

:haha:

Epic GIF! :spit:

ballbasher101
04-07-2013, 10:39 PM
I did not see the match but why are people praising the Djoker? If Djokovic's injury turns out to be very serious then he only has himself to blame. He should not have played on. Nadal would have called for an ambulance :devil:.

SheepleBuster
04-07-2013, 10:40 PM
I did not see the match but why are people praising the Djoker? If Djokovic's injury turns out to be very serious then he only has himself to blame. Nadal would have called for an ambulance :devil:.

hahaha. You serious bro?

ballbasher101
04-07-2013, 10:50 PM
hahaha. You serious bro?

Ankle injuries worry me. Murray injured his years ago and he still wears a special protective brace. The Djoker is compensating for his earlier years. The man was a quitter. He truly was an embarrassment. I truly wonder what his coach said to him around end of 2010.

Sombrerero loco
04-07-2013, 11:03 PM
i dont think he was that injured if he made 60 61 to querrey...

Roy Emerson
04-07-2013, 11:08 PM
Querrey :lol:

Mr. Oracle
04-07-2013, 11:08 PM
Ankle injuries worry me. Murray injured his years ago and he still wears a special protective brace. The Djoker is compensating for his earlier years. The man was a quitter. He truly was an embarrassment. I truly wonder what his coach said to him around end of 2010.

After a lot of hard work, Djoko-Boy became a man. With similar hard work, you may become one as well one day! :wavey:

Bullion...$

http://live.drjays.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/t-pain-gold-grillz.jpg

MuzzahLovah
04-07-2013, 11:14 PM
Why play DC? Because many players love to play for their Country, and enjoy being on a team again, which is a totally different experience from the rest of the year. Mainly though, for the love of Country, I would say.

Well now Djokovic the patriot is injured again, and probably won't beat Nadal clay this year again. Nationalism strikes again.

Johnny Groove
04-07-2013, 11:16 PM
Saw the injury after the fact. Amazing that he was able to continue playing the point for another couple of shots after that twist of the ankle.

N5jyd3bx8Ns

Some painkillers, sure, but we will see how he feels tomorrow. Withdrawing from Monte Carlo may be an option, but he also may be fine :shrug:

Lee
04-07-2013, 11:24 PM
Saw the injury after the fact. Amazing that he was able to continue playing the point for another couple of shots after that twist of the ankle.

N5jyd3bx8Ns

Some painkillers, sure, but we will see how he feels tomorrow. Withdrawing from Monte Carlo may be an option, but he also may be fine :shrug:

During on court interview, Nole said the antiinflamatories he took kicked in the 3rd set. He said he noticed Sam had problem with his shoulder and took advantage in the last 2 sets. He did not have ankle injury like this before so he did not know how it will affect him. He will observe and rest for the next few days.

I doubt he will be fined if he withdraws from MC. He will be there anyway to do promo and he has a legit injury.

forehandluva
04-07-2013, 11:34 PM
oh crap whos gonna stop nadal now. del potro better step up to the plate. ive given up with federer being capable of consistently beating nadal on clay.

ballbasher101
04-07-2013, 11:41 PM
From watching the video that looked nasty. Glad that was not me :devil:.

Tiebreak100
04-08-2013, 12:03 AM
I hope Novak is fit and healthy for the clay. I do not want any more excuses when Murray destroys the gymnast repeatedly in routine fashion. I can smell the number 1 ranking....

deyaT87
04-08-2013, 12:04 AM
I was sure he will not be able to continue match, but he continued and won :worship:
He should skip MC.
Querrey was really bad in last two sets.
USA really needs to be worried about the future of tennis.

moon language
04-08-2013, 12:17 AM
I lost any respect I had for Querrey as a competitor. No heart, no emotion, no will. Djokovic was injured at one set all, Querrey plays a couple bad games, and gives up. Didn't seem too fussed about it though, just casually and calmly destroyed his team's chances.

Well done to Serbia, should beat Canada with Tipsy back if he ever gets healthy

The funny thing is I remember reading a quote from Querrey in Miami (I think it was) when he said that he expected to beat Serbia in DC. At the time I thought that maybe he was starting to feel some fire for the sport and for competition in general again, but apparently not, or at least not in a way that carries over into actual matches. The US men are so hopeless at this point.

heya
04-08-2013, 12:59 AM
If he stopped, Fed fans will call him a loser.
Ironic because their boys refused to play well. The rest didn't show up.

nolesfan2011
04-08-2013, 01:11 AM
shame on you Querrey, losing to this mug

Yep, this is pretty much true.. As much as Djoker has to be commended for winning this and soldiering on under pain and pressure, Querrey still collapsed and lacked any killer instinct at all. Any other really good player would have smelt blood in the water and finished an injured player off, even if he is the world number 1.

American tennis just lacks any killer instinct and Querrey pretty much choked after being gifted a golden opportunity, I mean he had beaten Novak in Paris (indoor hard) just a few months back, it isn't like he had no hope of winning such a match.

nolesfan2011
04-08-2013, 01:14 AM
On a sidenote, if the ankle does turn out to be serious, I have to think Djokovic should have retired immediately (because Isner would have choked the 5th rubber no matter what) and he has a lot more to play for than DC semis.

Depeche
04-08-2013, 01:31 AM
On a sidenote, if the ankle does turn out to be serious, I have to think Djokovic should have retired immediately (because Isner would have choked the 5th rubber no matter what) and he has a lot more to play for than DC semis.

Well, the logical decision would have been to retire, but he obviously felt an obligation to his country to continue to play. DC obviously means something to him more than it may mean to us. I'm not sure that Isner would have choked against Troicki, who is a supreme choker in his own right.

And not totally related, but I have to ask: Why is your name nolesfan2011 but you're bowing to Magic Murray in your sig? :lol:

Alex999
04-08-2013, 01:32 AM
I just hope Nole is OK. that looked pretty nasty. I watched the match but it happened so quickly. As a fan, I have a hard time watching Djokovic sliding and running like a possessed man.

I guess uncle Toni feels OK about this ;)

hipolymer
04-08-2013, 01:34 AM
Well, the logical decision would have been to retire, but he obviously felt an obligation to his country to continue to play. DC obviously means something to him more than it may mean to us. I'm not sure that Isner would have choked against Troicki, who is a supreme choker in his own right.

And not totally related, but I have to ask: Why is your name nolesfan2011 but you're bowing to Magic Murray in your sig? :lol:

If Nole cares so much about DC, why didn't he show up last year? :stupid:

Depeche
04-08-2013, 01:45 AM
If Nole cares so much about DC, why didn't he show up last year? :stupid:

Yeah, I don't know. Maybe missing it last year reminded him of how much he likes playing it, who knows. But it's pretty evident that he does care quite a bit at this point in time, trekking all the way out to Boise to play and finishing the match despite the injury.

Kyle_Johansen
04-08-2013, 01:45 AM
Good win for Nole. Hope the injury isn't that serious.

Lee
04-08-2013, 01:58 AM
Yeah, I don't know. Maybe missing it last year reminded him of how much he likes playing it, who knows. But it's pretty evident that he does care quite a bit at this point in time, trekking all the way out to Boise to play and finishing the match despite the injury.

Nole wanted to focus on Olympic last year. He won DC for Serbia already and he wanted to win a gold medal. Unfortunately, did not succeed :shrug:

Depeche
04-08-2013, 02:03 AM
Nole wanted to focus on Olympic last year. He won DC for Serbia already and he wanted to win a gold medal. Unfortunately, did not succeed :shrug:

Oh, OK. I didn't know that he ever gave an official explanation. Anyway, suggesting that he doesn't care about DC is silly. I don't care much about Monte Carlo but I hope the injury doesn't force him out longer than that.

SheepleBuster
04-08-2013, 02:12 AM
oh crap whos gonna stop nadal now. del potro better step up to the plate. ive given up with federer being capable of consistently beating nadal on clay.

lol. Stop Nadal where? On clay? You do realize that Nole had his chance last year and still got his ass handed to him. Forget clay. I hate Rafa but he is going to win every single match unless something crazy happens (e.g. Soderling). On grass, I'd like to see Rosol vs. Nadal II in the first round. :D

rutinos harcos
04-08-2013, 02:47 AM
I hope Novak is fit and healthy for the clay. I do not want any more excuses when Murray destroys the gymnast repeatedly in routine fashion. I can smell the number 1 ranking....

I can smell something else when I read your posts.

Lodger Federer
04-08-2013, 02:49 AM
lol. Stop Nadal where? On clay? You do realize that Nole had his chance last year and still got his ass handed to him. Forget clay. I hate Rafa but he is going to win every single match unless something crazy happens (e.g. Soderling). On grass, I'd like to see Rosol vs. Nadal II in the first round. :D

You do know that rafa lost on clay just this year, right? And Novak has beaten Rafa on clay. Nadal's obviously the favorite (to win pretty much everything, lol), but anything can happen.

Lodger Federer
04-08-2013, 02:50 AM
On topic, I had to leave the match when Novak was grimacing from his ankle injury. Good to see that he was able to fight through the pain. Hopefully it doesnt cost him, though...

Mountaindewslave
04-08-2013, 03:19 AM
Djokovic faking ankle injury hahahah my god
will do anything to distract opponent

Mountaindewslave
04-08-2013, 03:21 AM
You do know that rafa lost on clay just this year, right? And Novak has beaten Rafa on clay. Nadal's obviously the favorite (to win pretty much everything, lol), but anything can happen.

Nadal was rubbish that year on clay, Novak was good, but make no mistake what you should take note of is all of their clay meetings last season, Nadal 3-0 in clay finals last season against him

star
04-08-2013, 03:21 AM

Nice that you find it all so humorous.

:mad:

ProdigyEng
04-08-2013, 03:25 AM

Shut up you pathetic hater.

I'd like you to see you roll your ankle and then laugh about it.

This is no laughing matter. Why the hell would Djokovic FAKE an ankle injury in the 3rd game of a Davis cup tie, against Sam Querrey.

Kyle_Johansen
04-08-2013, 03:28 AM
I've had ankle problems while playing tennis and they are no laughing matter.

Nole Rules
04-08-2013, 03:29 AM

Coming from a Dull tard. :facepalm:

Nole Rules
04-08-2013, 03:31 AM
For those clowns who think he is faking:

Craig Gabriel ‏@crosscourt1 2h
JUST IN. Novak Djokovic has lost it in tears in middle of Serbian tv interview. Doctor has told him ankle injury serious.

MTwEeZi
04-08-2013, 03:32 AM

Time to dust off the ol' egg. A short stint and he'll be good as new.

MTwEeZi
04-08-2013, 03:34 AM
For those clowns who think he is faking:

He was crying? I've never seen him cry. Uncle Toni's prophecy strikes again. Good luck for recovery regardless.

star
04-08-2013, 03:36 AM
Reading twitter there are several tweets with concerns about the ankle.

BackhandDTL
04-08-2013, 03:40 AM
Man, nothing good ever happens for Novak when he plays Querrey.

Kyle_Johansen
04-08-2013, 03:44 AM
So this injury could hurt the next few months of his season? Not good.

star
04-08-2013, 03:44 AM
Man, nothing good ever happens for Novak when he plays Querrey.

In his on court interview, Djokovic said something about Sam having shoulder problems and not able to serve as usual -- So not much good for Querry in this match either.

hipolymer
04-08-2013, 03:56 AM
*sigh* I knew Nole should have tanked this Querrey match. Never take optional matches seriously Nole.

PorkBarrel
04-08-2013, 03:59 AM
You've just won a tight set against the world #1 in front of a vociferous home crowd, your teammates and Jim Courier. If Querrey isn't fired up in that situation then you do wonder if he ever will be. :help:

Isner and Querrey's on court personality matches their tennis...BLAND.

Thought Nole would skip MC before I read the tweet, the tweet surely confirms it.

lucyfur
04-08-2013, 04:05 AM

:facepalm::facepalm:
Why do so many posters accuse players of faking injuries, whats the point?

tektonac
04-08-2013, 04:12 AM
nole should visit some fine doctor. perhaps nadal can recommend few really good ones?

iriraz
04-08-2013, 05:47 AM
Obviously Djokovic will do some X-rays and then see how it goes from there.Ok,Monte Carlo is not far and he might have to skip it but it wouldn`t be the end of the world if that happens.But the big question is,how bad it is and if he might need to take a longer break.Certainly he won`t play an event if his ankle is not 100% ready.

MIMIC
04-08-2013, 06:24 AM
Hopefully it's not too bad and he'll be ready for Rome and/or Madrid.

vpmrosulate
04-08-2013, 06:31 AM
Is he playing MC still?

*Jean*
04-08-2013, 06:40 AM
Nole :yeah: hopefully the ankle survived

cveks
04-08-2013, 06:46 AM
Twitter :

Novak Djokovic:My Ankle Doesn't Look Good Right Now, It's Swollen And I'm Concerned

cveks
04-08-2013, 06:48 AM
http://www.tennis-x.com/xblog/2013-04-07/12073.php?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

YoO5r-X1M-o

xcom
04-08-2013, 07:15 AM
Twitter :

Novak Djokovic:My Ankle Doesn't Look Good Right Now, It's Swollen And I'm Concerned

That's not on his official twitter page, where do you got this from?

Ivelina_P
04-08-2013, 07:19 AM
^Ohh is this for real or speculations?
I don't usually care about DC but came to this topic because of the injury mention.
If it is serious he'd better skip Monte Carlo and recover for the rest of the season. #worried

xcom
04-08-2013, 08:01 AM
God I hope it's nothing serious and it will go away in a few days. If in doubt he should have just retired and let Troicki finish it. He actually has a 3-1 H2H with Isner and is doing good in DC ties. I know it means a lot to Nole but why risk it with the clay season and RG coming up?

I think if he wants to have a chance to beat Rafa at RG, he will need to beat him in MC first, where it really hurts. Obviously the winning streak there means a lot to Rafa.

70-68
04-08-2013, 08:04 AM
To be honest, I have seen much worse ankle injuries, Benneteau and Monaco in MC for example.

But it still didn't look, and can ruin the Djoker's clay season.

ogbg
04-08-2013, 08:07 AM
That looked like a terrible injury. Can't believe he played on. I always fear for Novak's ankles when he slides but the way this one happened was even worse because he was coming down from a jump and also his body wasn't ready for that kind of movement in the way it would be during a slide. I hope this isn't as bad as it looks.

GSMnadal
04-08-2013, 08:14 AM
I've had quite a few nasty ankle injuries, and I understand he played on. Usually it feels ok right afterwards and it doesn't hurt that much. However, I think it was a big, BIG mistake. The day after it'll hurt like hell and odds are he damaged it even further. He could be out for several weeks.

ogbg
04-08-2013, 08:22 AM
Wire services are saying it is broken and requires reconstructive surgery, he is out of the rest of the season.

You should have said torn ligaments to make it more believable.

Schumacher
04-08-2013, 08:23 AM
I think Nole should take some time to fully recover. 600 points from Monte Carlo are nothing comparing to his health. Murray is far far behind in the rankings, so Djokovic can afford that withdrawal. Even in Madrid he doesn´t need to defend points, so he can take some time off (if it would be necessary).
I wish him quick recovery.

fedalrock
04-08-2013, 08:24 AM

:facepalm:
did you even watch how he got injured?? He wasn't faking. Why does he even need to fake against QUERREY who is the worst American no.1 in a LONG time?

Caesar1844
04-08-2013, 08:32 AM
You should have said torn ligaments to make it more believable.
I am just repeating what I heard per the radio. Wire services say it's broken.

Foxy
04-08-2013, 08:52 AM
I had a very similiar injury exiting a metro station when I was on a vacation. Didn't see there was one more step below me and I put all my body weight on the right ankle and even fell on the ground. The good thing was I am not a heavy person. First it was somewhat OK. And I limped very little. But the next three days I couldn't walk without limping and I definitely couldn't run. After a week when I came back i tried playing tennis but I was very cautious. There was pain and it was still swollen but I could play. I played through pain several months and eventually it healed. I never went to doctor by the way.

Time Violation
04-08-2013, 08:56 AM
I am just repeating what I heard per the radio. Wire services say it's broken.

That's utter bs. He wouldn't be able to stand, let alone run, not to mention the news would be all over the web. Besides, he said he won't know anything before doing MRI in Monte Carlo, and no way they could've arrived there in few hours.

Ben D.
04-08-2013, 09:10 AM
I think Nole should take some time to fully recover. 600 points from Monte Carlo are nothing comparing to his health. Murray is far far behind in the rankings, so Djokovic can afford that withdrawal. Even in Madrid he doesn´t need to defend points, so he can take some time off (if it would be necessary).
I wish him quick recovery.

agree, he shoud W/D from Monaco, with an ankle ailment he wont take a set from Nadal. Sadly, it will take out any interest from the tourny this year, but its a boredom every year, so :o

rutinos harcos
04-08-2013, 09:24 AM
If Djoko King gonna play MC then he is Superman.It will take at least week for the anke to heal.I hope it is nothing serious though.My guess is it is not,but he definitely will not play Monte Carlo.

A_Skywalker
04-08-2013, 09:38 AM
I think it is serious injury, but he will be fine, maybe miss Monte Carlo only, I dont believe he will miss more tournaments.

hvo
04-08-2013, 09:40 AM
I don't think he will play MC. This kind of injury will be more painful by the next day and will need to be looked at with scan result and stuff. He will need to rest it for a while. If I were his coach, I would tell him stay at home, put his feet up and eat goat cheese for a week.

MinioNole
04-08-2013, 09:45 AM
He should skip MC. Rest it up champ! :D

ProdigyEng
04-08-2013, 10:20 AM
http://www.rts.rs/page/sport/ci/story/33/%D0%A2%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%81/1300578/%D0%9D%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%BA,+%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B2 %D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%B0+%D0%BE%D0%B7%D0%B1%D0%B8% D1%99%D0%BD%D0%B0.html

Get well soon champ.

TigerTim
04-08-2013, 10:23 AM
This is disappointing. Nadal will stroll to another MC title. More importantly hope Nole gets better :)

Petrovic
04-08-2013, 10:24 AM
Nole=legend

shawshank
04-08-2013, 10:48 AM
http://www.rts.rs/page/sport/ci/story/33/%D0%A2%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%81/1300578/%D0%9D%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%BA,+%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B2 %D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%B0+%D0%BE%D0%B7%D0%B1%D0%B8% D1%99%D0%BD%D0%B0.html

Get well soon champ.

Can you translate most important part of it?

EDIT: I put it through Google translate. No news yet. He wants to play in Monte Carlo, but MRI will let him know if it is possible.

Abel
04-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Have we had anything official yet?

GSMnadal
04-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Can you translate most important part of it?

I doubt Joe is very fluent in Serbian.

Just that it looks like a bad one and MC is in doubt.

Time Violation
04-08-2013, 11:31 AM
I doubt Joe is very fluent in Serbian.

Just that it looks like a bad one and MC is in doubt.

Yup, mostly that's all that has been said for now. It doesn't look good and MC is unknown.

Have we had anything official yet?

Haven't heard anything official. I guess it's all pending MRI findings when he gets back to MC

Brit Tennis Fan
04-08-2013, 11:43 AM
This is disappointing. Nadal will stroll to another MC title. More importantly hope Nole gets better :)

Hilariously Murray and Ferrer would be seeded 1 and 2.

Hypnotize
04-08-2013, 11:45 AM
There's always some idiot on here making these kind of stupid remarks when a player gets injured. They really need to get a life. :rolleyes:

I watched the match and the injury looked really painful in slow motion. Novak should what a legend he is by playing through the pain and sealing victory for his country. I just hope he doesn't pay for it in the weeks ahead.

Hewitt =Legend
04-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Nole=legend

Real original mate.

Anyway, Nole probably should give Monte Carlo a miss, no point further aggravating it and jeopardising his entire clay swing. Courageous win today...

Still baffles me why Querrey has fans. The guy admits he doesn't care for tennis and has zero heart. Pretty pathetic stuff from him in this match but can't say it's surprising...

Saberq
04-08-2013, 11:58 AM

Get well soon champ.

it looks really bad

nole_no1
04-08-2013, 12:05 PM
omg is it so serious? :eek: fucking shit how unlucky is this? :(

janko05
04-08-2013, 12:15 PM
First Federer now Djokovic. Well, we must give credit to El Tio for being a visionary

Saberq
04-08-2013, 12:27 PM
omg is it so serious? :eek: fucking shit how unlucky is this? :(

well he didnt break anything or tear it given that he played........so he will skip MC and play in Madrid a month from now.........as long as its only a sprain he should be fine

gulzhan
04-08-2013, 12:29 PM
The injury looks awful on video :sad: What's worse is that Novak had to play 4 sets after that, unbelievable! Hope Serbs will make it at least to the final of DC so that Novak's sacrifice is not wasted. Surely, he knew Troicki will lose to Isner, that was the reason he continued playing through the enormous pain. My sister once hurt her ankle like that, she could not walk and limped for months. The xray later showed she had ligament tear, real bad one. Surely, Novak must take time to have it healed completely. Get well, Novak!

GSMnadal
04-08-2013, 12:30 PM
well he didnt break anything or tear it given that he played........so he will skip MC and play in Madrid a month from now.........as long as its only a sprain he should be fine

You can play on, even with a tear.

iriraz
04-08-2013, 12:31 PM

Well,as long as it`s nothing broken,he doesn`t have to fear a long term injury.
But even so,with a sprained ankle it can take like 1-2 weeks until he can walk properly and up to 8-12 weeks until he can fully return to sporting activities.
Until he has a scan,it can only be speculated.

Timot
04-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Nice fighting spirit, Djoko. I love that he really made such an effort for his team.

Hope it's nothing serious.

mseles1
04-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Sad.
(Re. injury) The live action didn't look particularly bad, the so slow did though.

'One hour, one hour and a half after the end of the match, all I can say is it doesn’t look good.'
'It’s swollen, and when it’s swollen it’s definitely not a good first sign.'
There's video footage of Novak welling up/crying...and he's faking?

Saberq
04-08-2013, 12:35 PM
well Madrid is one month away I hope he will be healthy by then

hipolymer
04-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Nole should take a sabbatical until US Open.

Time Violation
04-08-2013, 12:39 PM
well Madrid is one month away I hope he will be healthy by then

No big deal if he skips Madrid as well, being fit for Rome is good enough.

Saberq
04-08-2013, 12:40 PM
No big deal if he skips Madrid as well, being fit for Rome is good enough.

I just hope it's not broken man

retister
04-08-2013, 12:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HUKePZqKUgo
Just what the hell did he think would happen when he twisted his ankle and continued playing?

ProdigyEng
04-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Nole should take a sabbatical until US Open.

You should take a sabbatical from supporting Nole.

The Prince
04-08-2013, 12:43 PM
I highly doubt anything is broken or torn if he managed to play four sets afterwards, and beat a fully fit top twenty player. :lol:

If he needs a couple of weeks off, so be it. I wouldn't worry about him missing Madrid and Rome though. :)

Burrow
04-08-2013, 12:45 PM
You can play on, even with a tear.

Which is very risky and the consequences rather unpredictable.

GSMnadal
04-08-2013, 12:52 PM
Which is very risky and the consequences rather unpredictable.

Yeah and I'm not recommending it to anyone. But Novak playing a couple sets afterwards doesn't mean a tear can be ruled out.

pepita1964
04-08-2013, 01:48 PM
Why did they allow Djokovic to continue play after he twisted his ankle ? Doing so he made it worse. Now it is a crowded part of season 3 MS 1000 and
two GS . It was really stupid. I hope he is OK but it looks quite nasty

Caesar1844
04-08-2013, 01:58 PM
That's utter bs. He wouldn't be able to stand, let alone run, not to mention the news would be all over the web. Besides, he said he won't know anything before doing MRI in Monte Carlo, and no way they could've arrived there in few hours.
Not necessarily true.

Anyway, if you think its wrong take it up with Reuters or AP or whoever. Just saying what was on the radio.

Time Violation
04-08-2013, 02:21 PM
Not necessarily true.

Anyway, if you think its wrong take it up with Reuters or AP or whoever

Links or you made it up :)

Tiebreak100
04-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Hope its nothing serious. Want all players available for the best 5 months of the season.

Caesar1844
04-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Links or you made it up :)
You want me to link to the radio I was listening to on the way home? :confused:

Johnny Groove
04-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Honestly, seeing as he was able to still play for 4 sets afterwards, including sliding left and right for about 5 shots DURING THE SAME POINT where the injury occured, I don't think it will be serious.

He may pull out of Monte Carlo due to no more than precaution, but surely no more than that.

Zambanas
04-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Honestly, seeing as he was able to still play for 4 sets afterwards, including sliding left and right for about 5 shots DURING THE SAME POINT where the injury occured, I don't think it will be serious.

He may pull out of Monte Carlo due to no more than precaution, but surely no more than that.

This. I've recentely twisted my ankle playing basketball, it swollen immidietly and couldn't even step on it for a while, could only limp afterwards, went to hospital the other day and learnt that i have a broken heel-bone. So judging on that Nole could play a competetive match of 4 sets after the injury occurred, it is likely that it isn't gonna be too serious...

asmazif
04-08-2013, 03:32 PM
this looks quite similar to what I did earlier in the year - rolled it whilst having a hit-around before a doubles set, played on (and won :p) - though I was barely moving/making no attempt to run, just smacking the ball if I could get to it, so slightly different. was very swollen later on, and was out with my foot up on ice for 3 weeks or so before attempting to play again.

obviously we don't know, but my guess is also skipping MC and back for Madrid.

tektonac
04-08-2013, 04:22 PM
You want me to link to the radio I was listening to on the way home? :confused:

never listen to tio toni's sponsored broadcasts ;)

MTwEeZi
04-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Does anyone else find it comical that Querrey played Djokovic very close until the injury?

Then he only won a single game after that. :haha:

Saberq
04-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Does anyone else find it comical that Querrey played Djokovic very close until the injury?

Djokovic was hurt in 3rd game of 1st set :confused:

freedomfry
04-08-2013, 06:11 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: yeah, me too, hysterical. Next time, troll with more skill.

nick the greek
04-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Taking One for the Team

Sunday, April 07, 2013 /by Steve Tignor

Grand Slam champions always look their best—their happiest and most relaxed—when they’re making the rounds with the winner’s trophy the day after a major final. You've seen the pictures: Rafael Nadal lounging on the Arc de Triomphe, Roger Federer smiling at the top of the Empire State Building, Victoria Azarenka popping champagne down by the Yarra River in Melbourne. All of the concern that we’re used to seeing in their eyes when they’re on court has drained away. All of the worry and work, their faces say, was worth it just for this moment.

This year, though, you may have noticed that there weren't any of these happy snap shots of the Australian Open men’s champion, Novak Djokovic. That’s because, rather than hang around and savor his title for a day, he hopped on a 3:00 A.M. flight—he had to get permission to skip the photo-ops—that was bound, ultimately, for Belgium. Once there, Djokovic would lead his Davis Cup teammates in the first tie of their 2013 campaign. He had a long way to go and a lot of jet lag to get over, and he didn’t have any time to waste, even to enjoy a few extra moments with the trophy. I remember thinking, when Djokovic announced his early departure, something along the lines of: “Wow, he’s celebrating his Aussie Open by getting on a plane at 3:00 in the morning? I guess Novak really is up for Davis Cup this time.”

I thought the same thing when I saw the first photos last week of Djokovic and his teammates in remote Boise, Idaho. And what else could anyone think on Sunday afternoon, as they watched him hobble his way through an ankle injury, and Sam Querrey, in four sets to clinch Serbia’s quarterfinal tie over the United States. While the last two sets were 6-1, 6-0 blowouts, and Querrey was flagging badly by the end, this was one of Djokovic’s most impressive performances of 2013, and an exercise in resilience for team’s sake.

Djokovic fell down and picked himself up in different ways all afternoon. He turned his ankle badly in the third game, then came back out and immediately broke Querrey. Serving for that set at 6-5, Djokovic, grimacing as he swung, saved break points with smart kick serves and held for the set. After losing the next set in a tiebreaker and feeling the emotion in the building swing against him, what did Djokovic do? He won 12 of the next 13 games for the match and the tie. We hear a lot about Djokovic’s movement, but he showed today that he can win when that movement is compromised; his shot-making, his efficiency, and his focus were especially good over the last two sets. That's what playing for country and teammates can do for you.

Djokovic’s was just one of many outstanding moments in this Davis Cup weekend—by now it basically goes without saying that every DC weekend is a big one. This time we had unlikely (and hard to spell) heroes such as Ilija Bozoljac of Serbia and Carlos Berlocq of Argentina, who clinched an upset win for his country over France in a fifth rubber. We had a stunning, out-of-nowhere comeback by Great Britain over Russia from 0-2 down. We had Serbia and Canada each win doubles matches 15-13 in the fifth set, within a few hours of each other. We had a proud defending champion from the Czech Republic move on without its best player, Tomas Berdych. And we had a new DC anchorman, Milos Raonic, send Canada into the semifinals for the first time in the country’s history.

But there’s something special about seeing the world’s best player commit so fully to the team concept; having him, in this case, put the group's interests over his own. Afterward, Djokovic said that he would have an MRI on his swollen ankle tomorrow, and that he was seriously concerned about his status for his next tournament, in his adopted hometown of Monte Carlo. He said, “I sincerely hope I didn’t make it worse,” by playing on it today. He also said that, while he could have stopped playing and the Serbs still would have had a chance to win, there really was no choice; this is his “responsibility” to the country and team. It’s no small risk for him: The most important part of Djokovic’s season, the clay swing that leads to the French Open, begins in two weeks. But Nole, whether he's playing for his parents, his team, his country, or his "family" of fans around the world, is a fairly rare thing in the selfish game of tennis: a star who thrives on community and the larger cause.

While it wasn’t as historic, Djokovic’s weekend in Boise reminded me of another No. 1 player’s, John McEnroe's, in St. Louis in 1982. McEnroe clinched a DC tie for the U.S. over Sweden with an epic, six-hour win over Mats Wilander. He later used the experience to try to sell younger American stars on the beauty of Davis Cup. A week earlier, McEnroe had lost a heartbreaking five-set Wimbledon final to Jimmy Connors, but he was able to put it behind him right away with his Davis Cup win.

This weekend, Djokovic was coming off a couple of disappointing results of his own, in Indian Wells and Miami. Mentally, his adventures in Boise should clear his mind of those losses. Physically, though, his stalwart commitment to Davis Cup this year could put him in a worse place going forward. To echo Novak’s words: I sincerely hope not.

Hypnotize
04-08-2013, 06:41 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: yeah, me too, hysterical. Next time, troll with more skill.
It just proves that many on here don't even watch tennis, they just come on here to spout hate. I guess it's a way of filling their empty lives. :rolleyes:

Tiebreak100
04-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Did not watch the game, but why did the Serbian captain not pull Novak out when it was possible he might sustain long term damage by continuing? Clearly, playing for his country Novak was never going to walk off court, so it should have been taken out his hands. Poor leadership.

It would not even have been a fatal blow if he had surrendered the match, because Troicki could have beaten Isner. That might have been a long shot (although Inser is also rotten these days) but it would still have been possible. It seems mental that you would risk the nations prized asset when a fit colleague is on the sidelines and is ultimately not required to play because the injured guy battles on.

The coach has not just hindered Novak's immediate aims and goals, he has also told the world he thinks Troicki is useless and cannot be trusted.

Ash86
04-08-2013, 06:59 PM
There is no way this is a serious injury. Did people watch the match? He was moving about fine in the last few sets. No painkiller miraculously cures a torn/broken ankle. It was likely a slight sprain and a few days rest should sort it. The worst case for him is missing MC which isn't a big deal - still has a month before Madrid.

Hypnotize
04-08-2013, 07:02 PM
The coach has not just hindered Novak's immediate aims and goals, he has also told the world he thinks Troicki is useless and cannot be trusted.
Where have you been? Everyone knew that before the tie even started. :lol:

Time Violation
04-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Did not watch the game, but why did the Serbian captain not pull Novak out when it was possible he might sustain long term damage by continuing? Clearly, playing for his country Novak was never going to walk off court, so it should have been taken out his hands. Poor leadership.

Serbian captain is there more-less because the protocol requires it. Players mostly manage themselves :) The decision was probably Novak's alone/after talking with his physio.

rocketassist
04-08-2013, 07:12 PM
I admire Novak's patriotism and love for DC that allowed him to play on.

I hope he's okay too and if not for MC he should be fine for Madrid.

MTwEeZi
04-08-2013, 07:37 PM

It just proves that many on here don't even watch tennis, they just come on here to spout hate. I guess it's a way of filling their empty lives. :rolleyes:

I don't hate Djokovic you oversensitive clowns. I watched the video where he was injured and mistook 1:1 to be the set score. And it seemed like something Querrey would do.

Time Violation
04-08-2013, 07:43 PM
I don't hate Djokovic you oversensitive clowns. I watched the video where he was injured and mistook 1:1 to be the set score. And it seemed like something Querrey would do.

Querrey had some shoulder problems and his serve slowed down, however winning 1 game in two sets was pretty bad even for him :)

SliceAce
04-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Querrey is pathetic. Guy is a mediocre player, boring, and ugly. He should thank God every day that he gets paid millions of dollars to be in the public eye and play a sport for a living. Instead he half asses and whines about his life as if anyone sympathizes. I hate Fakervic but I'm glad he won this match, especially if it gets Querrey a step closer to retirement and maybe bankruptcy.

Lee
04-08-2013, 07:45 PM
:lol: Some of you really think Obradovic has any say in whether Djokvoic will play or not?

Alex999
04-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Querrey is pathetic. Guy is a mediocre player, boring, and ugly. He should thank God every day that he gets paid millions of dollars to be in the public eye and play a sport for a living. Instead he half asses and whines about his life as if anyone sympathizes. I hate Fakervic but I'm glad he won this match, especially if it gets Querrey a step closer to retirement and maybe bankruptcy.
Slice, really ... you hate Novak, you hate Sam, who else do you hate? 99% of stuff you say don't make any sense. C'mon man wake up. Go, do some yoga, relax bud. :).

I know you love Fed, fine with me, but show some respect to players not being called Federer. why judging Sam so harshly? He does the best with what he has.

Hypnotize
04-08-2013, 08:48 PM
You sound like someone who has no friends and hates anyone who is successful. What a guy. :rolleyes:

nellis_lv
04-08-2013, 08:59 PM

Serena was the same way after rolling her ankle at the AO.

Clowning around, giving 50% before the injury. Then bageled her opponent after the injury, hitting winners left & right... just wanted to get the f**k out of there ASAP.

Mountaindewslave
04-08-2013, 09:04 PM
There's always some idiot on here making these kind of stupid remarks when a player gets injured. They really need to get a life. :rolleyes:

I watched the match and the injury looked really painful in slow motion. Novak should what a legend he is by playing through the pain and sealing victory for his country. I just hope he doesn't pay for it in the weeks ahead.

yeah because after a serious ankle injury in a best of 5 match the supposed injured player wins the last sets 6-1 6-0
regardless of if Sam was not at his best either you are blind if you don't find this strange
I am not claiming that Novak did not tweak his ankle or injure it slightly but you all are being naive if you seriously think a serious ankle injury would allow such good movement towards the end of the match.
I play tennis to and I've had ankle injuries but there is no way in hell a player in such ankle pain would dominate that easily towards the end. if anything it would get worse as the match went on, not better
they are not random false claims, Djokovic for fact exagerrated injuries earlier in career frequently and had a nickname not given by me but by the community of 'faker'
there is no way to know with certain how serious the ankle injury is but given the match result and just experience playing tennis and having ankle injuries I think it's safe to assume it is not nearly as bad as it could have been
don't know about you, but I have seen some horrible ankle falls in matches in the past and often the players didn't even have the option to try to 'fight past it' because it was that bad and totally hindered their movement
Djokovic is known for his theatrics and while it's impossible to know the extent of the 'injury' I think you all are being naive pretending or accepting that it's something serious
players don't play for hours on such pain and Djokovic, someone known for retirements for the first half of his career, would be the last person I would imagine playing for a long period of time on such a supposed bad injury
it's just common sense
use your brains please, and as for all the Djokovic fans running and rushing in fearing the worse I understand that your undying love prevents you from being unbiased so its ok :hug:
however the rest of you, :facepalm:

ProdigyEng
04-08-2013, 09:07 PM
MDS IS A CLOWN

Mountaindewslave
04-08-2013, 09:09 PM

the ankle roll was almost at the very start of match
but either way your point is strong, it's entirely illogical that Djokovic would dominate after two close sets apparently if he had gotten a 'serious' ankle injury so early on

apparently some people on here have never had them, because when you continually slide on that sort of issue the pain gets much much worse. there is no explaining for why Djokovic would become that much better at the end of the match -except-surprise surprise- if the injury was incredibly serious
a weeks rest he'll probably be fine
you guys love drama

ProdigyEng
04-08-2013, 09:55 PM
A Nadal fan like MSD is one to talk about injury.

Does Nadal winning IW mean he is faking injury too?

nick the greek
04-08-2013, 09:56 PM
but either way your point is strong, it's entirely illogical that Djokovic would dominate after two close sets apparently if he had gotten a 'serious' ankle injury so early on

apparently some people on here have never had them, because when you continually slide on that sort of issue the pain gets much much worse. there is no explaining for why Djokovic would become that much better at the end of the match -except-surprise surprise- if the injury was incredibly serious
you guys love drama
No1e is your idol.:)

janko05
04-08-2013, 10:16 PM
No1e is your idol.:)

she's Nole's no.1 antijinxer...it wouldn't surprise me if Nole's injury mysteriously disappears within a couple of days due to her powers :worship:

NID
04-08-2013, 10:22 PM
there's only so much BS i can take. nadaltards pontificating about fake injuries and whatnot is a tad too much.

Mountaindewslave
04-08-2013, 10:41 PM
she's Nole's no.1 antijinxer...it wouldn't surprise me if Nole's injury mysteriously disappears within a couple of days due to her powers :worship:

no but really I think/expect he'll be totally fine in a week or so

janko05
04-08-2013, 10:46 PM

no but really I think/expect he'll be totally fine in a week or so

know you do :) what's funny, it works!
things are already looking better from tonight's perspective :yeah:

heya
04-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Pontificate? I can't understand how someone considers a grandfather's
death is less painful than Federer's child-rearing.

Tag
04-08-2013, 11:25 PM

but chocolate and nappies lead to loss of streaks and rightful slam titles

poor swiss crier

nick the greek
04-08-2013, 11:41 PM

but chocolate and nappies lead to loss of streaks and rightful slam titles

poor swiss crier
:D:D:D

nick the greek
04-08-2013, 11:45 PM
Wait.Is mountaindewslave he or she?I want that mystery solved once and for all.:)

Mr. Oracle
04-09-2013, 12:29 AM
So is there a report out of the ND camp regarding the seriousness of the injury? My hunch, after observing the motion of the twist, and his performance after, is that we're dealing with a mild sprain. A severe sprain put me on crutches for 6 weeks, a moderate one for 2. I could not walk immediately after the events, but then Serena was able to finish her match and posted pics of the grotesque ankle afterwards (that's what mine looked like :shrug:).

Depeche
04-09-2013, 12:32 AM
So is there a report out of the ND camp regarding the seriousness of the injury? My hunch, after observing the motion of the twist, and his performance after, is that we're dealing with a mild sprain. A severe sprain put me on crutches for 6 weeks, a moderate one for 2. I could not walk immediately after the events, but then Serena was able to finish her match and posted the grotesque ankle afterwards (that's what mine looked like :shrug:).

USA Today reporter Doug Robson tweeted this afternoon:

"Word from #Djokovic camp is that ankle appears to be not that bad but he has yet to have an MRI, which will be tonight or tmrw."

Nothing I've seen other than that.

Yolita
04-09-2013, 01:27 AM

you guys love drama

You obviously didn't watch the match. There is a very simple explanation: Querrey started serving at a speed of 20mph less in average, so Novak could return much better, and force Querrey to not go for angles. In that way, Novak was in control of the points even with his impaired movement. Now we know that Querrey had problems with his pectoral muscle and it affected his serve. Querrey depends on his serve much more than Nole on his sliding. Very simple.

Sometimes it feels as if people here don't actually watch tennis: they prefer to read about it. :rolleyes:

ProdigyEng
04-09-2013, 02:10 AM
Just like mountaindullsslave has never heard of mental health medication it seems she has also never heard of painkillers and adrenaline.

Mr. Oracle
04-09-2013, 02:19 AM
USA Today reporter Doug Robson tweeted this afternoon:

"Word from #Djokovic camp is that ankle appears to be not that bad but he has yet to have an MRI, which will be tonight or tmrw."

Nothing I've seen other than that.

Thank you :)

born_on_clay
04-10-2013, 04:06 PM
This is Sparta :yeah:

Congrats Nole :yeah:

cveks
04-10-2013, 04:37 PM
I hope Djokovic will play Monte Carlo.

Naudio Spanlatine
04-11-2013, 01:56 AM
And this is why American team peaked in 2007, they will never be a contender team again. They can win for shit. :o

Alex999
04-11-2013, 02:27 AM
And this is why American team peaked in 2007, they will never be a contender team again. They can win for shit. :o
The problem with Amercans is they don't have players like JMac or Connors or Sampras any more. It is sad but it is what it is. I still don't understand that the richest country in the world can't produce champions any more. I mean tennis is a prestigious sport in a way but it looks like American kids are not really interested.

It's same in Canada. We have Raonic and Nestor 'imported' from former Yugoslavia (just being sarcastic a bit). nothing wrong with that btw, but people watch tennis here if it's the final of Wimbledon, the USO, majors in general. However, when it comes to hockey the whole country is going crazy. They are still showing that hockey match with Russia from '72 on a weekly basis. the biggest achievement in Canadian history.

It is driving me crazy because I love tennis so much.

Mr. Oracle
04-11-2013, 02:31 AM
It's same in Canada. We have Raonic and Nestor 'imported' from former Yugoslavia

Our best imports since the Yugo car eh Alex? :lol:

Lee
04-11-2013, 02:32 AM
The problem with Amercans is they don't have players like JMac or Connors or Sampras any more. It is sad but it is what it is. I still don't understand that the richest country in the world can't produce champions any more. I mean tennis is a prestigious sport in a way but it looks like American kids are not really interested.

It's same in Canada. We have Raonic and Nestor 'imported' from former Yugoslavia (just being sarcastic a bit). nothing wrong with that btw, but people watch tennis here if it's the final of Wimbledon, the USO, majors in general. However, when it comes to hockey the whole country is going crazy.

It is driving me crazy because I love tennis so much.

They are busy with football or baseball. :shrug: