October, DC and ATP clash [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

October, DC and ATP clash

Mr.Michael
04-07-2013, 07:51 PM
It's gonna be really interesting in October. Russia and most propably Sweden have to play relegation play-offs in group 1.

The funny part? It's gonna be played 18-20 October. It's very likely they will be home ties for both Sweden and Russia, and at the same time there will be ATP tournaments in Stockholm and Moscow. That's not good. Could the ITF consider changing the dates?

156mphserve
04-07-2013, 08:09 PM
Why October?

Didn't they play those Europe playoff matches at the same time as the final last year?

August
04-07-2013, 08:17 PM
That really sucks. Last year we had to play the relegation playoff without Nieminen as Jarkko was trying to defend his final points from Stockholm, his favourite event.

Why couldn't they just have it on the DC final weekend when there are no ATP events?

156mphserve
04-08-2013, 09:14 AM
it's the same every year for some relegation play-offs, because some teams competing there will not be known before matches played in september.

It really makes a huge difference for Britain that they managed to win yesterday because Murray probably would not have played this relegation play-off between Shanghai and Basel/Valencia, and they were very near from group II, and now they will play the play-offs to climb to world group, and it's very possible that Murray plays in september for that ;)

yes, it looks like a nice position in the calendar, although players for those ties are more often challenger players, and there are still some challengers in that period.

yeah I know that with a lof of teams and fewer vyes it could work out that they have to play a 4th set to determine who gets relagated. I just thought that they did it at the same time as the final, but I was mistaken

SKozak
04-08-2013, 09:21 AM
I guess all this matter is only for Russia because she has BYE in the Group I 1st Round Play-off (13-15 September) and is in the 2nd round already (18-20 October). Sweden has to overcome Slovak Rep firstly (13-15 Sept). I'm not sure she could do that. Of course, the things may change if Phoenix-Söderling will appear in the nearest months...

August
04-08-2013, 11:07 AM
yes, it looks like a nice position in the calendar, although players for those ties are more often challenger players, and there are still some challengers in that period.

Well, there are Challengers in all DC weeks so playoffs on DC F weekend shouldn't be a problem in that sense.

Mr.Michael
04-08-2013, 04:32 PM
I guess all this matter is only for Russia because she has BYE in the Group I 1st Round Play-off (13-15 September) and is in the 2nd round already (18-20 October). Sweden has to overcome Slovak Rep firstly (13-15 Sept). I'm not sure she could do that. Of course, the things may change if Phoenix-Söderling will appear in the nearest months...

Sweden will propably lose in September and that means they have to play a home tie against Denmark in October.

SKozak
04-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Sweden will propably lose in September and that means they have to play a home tie against Denmark in October.

Agree. I didn't think what will be in case of Sweden's 1 round loss :)