Janowicz: "Winning DC tie more important for me than beating some Murray" [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Janowicz: "Winning DC tie more important for me than beating some Murray"

martin2910
04-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Janowicz decided to play Davis Cup rubbers despite severe illness. In his after match speech to the crowds he almost cried and said it's more important for him to play for Poland than winning against some Murray. :spit:

Preach JJ!

ProdigyEng
04-07-2013, 01:27 PM
What a guy.

Clearly loves playing for his country.

nole_no1
04-07-2013, 01:33 PM
SOME Murray? :superlol:

RIboy
04-07-2013, 01:35 PM
winning a DC tie >>>>> beating mug like Murray

The Prince
04-07-2013, 01:36 PM
In other words, beating a nobody South African is better than beating a nobody from Scotland.

Brit Tennis Fan
04-07-2013, 01:37 PM
It might have been half funny if he had not avoided facing "Some Murray" by losing to a lower ranked player while whining like a girl about the crowd being mean to him.

JamieMU30
04-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Jerzy:rocker2:..Outstanding result...Poland into the World Group playoffs for the first time ever:bowdown:

Rychu
04-07-2013, 01:48 PM
epic guy. And obviously saying 'some Murray' wasn't meant to insult, anyone who sees otherwise is just a deluded fanboy of Andy.

Sombrerero loco
04-07-2013, 02:08 PM
he is not speaking the truth. i cant see him celebrating as when he did when he beat murray....

BroTree123
04-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Good to see more evidence that Mandy is an irrelevant factor in tennis.

ProdigyEng
04-07-2013, 02:13 PM
he is not speaking the truth. i cant see him celebrating as when he did when he beat murray....

He celebrated quite a lot. He is an emotional guy, and loves representing Poland.

Sombrerero loco
04-07-2013, 02:14 PM
yeah he did but still when he beat murray you know it was too much for him...no need to hide how it is

ProdigyEng
04-07-2013, 02:21 PM
yeah he did but still when he beat murray you know it was too much for him...no need to hide how it is

Not hiding how it is.

He was nearly crying again today though.

Nathaliia
04-07-2013, 02:25 PM
he knows how to get fans abroad :haha:

rocketassist
04-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Nadal fans must love him, now that he's flamed his three main rivals :rolls:

Jerzy is a character, no cookie cutter BS from him. We need more of these on the tour.

Johnny Groove
04-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Boy, this Janowicz doesn't give a fuck does he :lol:

ProdigyEng
04-07-2013, 02:30 PM
he knows how to get fans abroad :haha:

Indeed.

Hence why myself and Rocketassist are fans.

Time Violation
04-07-2013, 02:33 PM
I guess it's a common mistake for a non-native speaker, no big deal. :) Still, it sounds hilarious :spit: :haha:

jrm
04-07-2013, 02:35 PM
typical Polish patriotism

Nole Rules
04-07-2013, 02:37 PM
I really like this Jerzy. :lol:

Nathaliia
04-07-2013, 02:39 PM
I guess it's a common mistake for a non-native speaker, no big deal. :) Still, it sounds hilarious :spit: :haha:
he probably wanted to empathise DC means a lot to him (he also said he'd like to play hopman cup with aga) and compare it to beating a top ranked player, and since murray was the only one from top he had beat, it sounded this unfortunate :lol:

still golden - hoping for poland-australia play-off tie and conference with him and bernie tomic

tnosugar
04-07-2013, 02:41 PM
I think his mouth is a bit louder than his results. But maybe that motivates him. Whatever.

octatennis
04-07-2013, 02:42 PM
With some Murray he meant: Jamie Murray, Tom Murray, Peter Murray, Rick Murray...., not everything is about Andy.

Hewitt =Legend
04-07-2013, 02:43 PM
he probably wanted to empathise DC means a lot to him (he also said he'd like to play hopman cup with aga) and compare it to beating a top ranked player, and since murray was the only one from top he had beat, it sounded this unfortunate :lol:

still golden - hoping for poland-australia play-off tie and conference with him and bernie tomic

B-Nard Vs Janowicz and Gooch Vs Presieirgnrefdcmcjergienzzzzzzy :hearts:

Hypnotize
04-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Another day, another stupid comment from Janowicz. :rolleyes:

Rychu
04-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Another day, another stupid comment from Janowicz. :rolleyes:

What's stupid about this comment? Enlighten me :confused:

Moozza
04-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Good to see more evidence that Mandy is an irrelevant factor in tennis.

No, clown. It means quite the opposite actually.

Tenn1sAdd1ct
04-07-2013, 03:11 PM
With some Murray he meant: Jamie Murray, Tom Murray, Peter Murray, Rick Murray...., not everything is about Andy.

:lol: Absolutely... maybe he meant Ghostbusters guy Bill Murray but just forgot his firstname.

TigerTim
04-07-2013, 03:11 PM
:haha:

Good shit

timafi
04-07-2013, 03:13 PM
lawd in a way this guy is gonna fun in the way he pulls things out of his ass :help: :lol:

MariaV
04-07-2013, 03:13 PM
Jerzy is a character, no cookie cutter BS from him. We need more of these on the tour.

Ditto. :worship: :bowdown:

Indeed.

Hence why myself and Rocketassist are fans.

Me too. :D :D

That could be some legendary stuff in the making. :D

Timot
04-07-2013, 03:19 PM
He didn't want to belittle Murray but show how much DC means to him.

Nice speech, JJ. :yeah:

ImmzB
04-07-2013, 03:22 PM
LOOOL!! :lol:

Nole Rules
04-07-2013, 03:32 PM

:worship:

PorkBarrel
04-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Flamed three of the top four, Nadal is next. Complete the set Jerzy.

GSMnadal
04-07-2013, 03:52 PM
What a guy. If only he could play as well as he talks. Hopefully that'll come soon

asmazif
04-07-2013, 04:00 PM
he was just including Jamie in the equation.

redshift36188
04-07-2013, 04:05 PM
:lol: Absolutely... maybe he meant Ghostbusters guy Bill Murray but just forgot his firstname.
Oh God :haha::haha::haha:

Mark Lenders
04-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Harsh. He didn't just beat some Murray, but Andy Murray Order of the British Empire.

ProdigyEng
04-07-2013, 04:20 PM
What a guy. If only he could play as well as he talks. Hopefully that'll come soon

His best play comes in flashes. If he manages to sort his head out, he will be one of the greats for sure.

atennisfan
04-07-2013, 04:22 PM
Loving this Jerzy LOL

SheepleBuster
04-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Janowicz decided to play Davis Cup rubbers despite severe illness. In his after match speech to the crowds he almost cried and said it's more important for him to play for Poland than winning against some Murray. :spit:

Preach JJ!

Don't worry JJ. You won't win Davis Cup or any important tournament. You are a nobody who has done nothing. Learn to respect the legends of the game. So now he has bashed Nole, Roger, and Murray. What a ...

70-68
04-07-2013, 04:31 PM
LMFAO

this guy :lol: talks so much, but now it's time to do something with your racket, isn't it?

He can win as many DC matches as he wants against future level players, but he better remembers Paris 2012 forever, because it might never happen to him ever again.

SheepleBuster
04-07-2013, 04:33 PM
LMFO

this guy :lol: talks so much, but now it's time to do something with your racket, isn't it?

He can win as many DC matches as he wants against future level players, but he better remembers Paris 2012 forever, because it might never happen to him ever again.

As much as I hate Ferrer, by stopping this punk, he did tennis and the whole humanity a lot of good

Brit Tennis Fan
04-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Don't worry JJ. You won't win Davis Cup or any important tournament. You are a nobody who has done nothing. Learn to respect the legends of the game. So now he has bashed Nole, Roger, and Murray. What a ...

But, but he just beat a sub standard futures level player. Surely he is entitled to run his mouth a bit?

Nixer
04-07-2013, 04:45 PM
And water is wet... Tell us something we don't know yet, Jerzy :D

Alex999
04-07-2013, 04:46 PM
'some Murray' great :lol:. Jan is something. Could someone please remind me what 'this multiple fool winner' said about Nole/Fed? :bigclap:

ProdigyEng
04-07-2013, 04:47 PM
LMFAO

How is what he said bad?

Is it wrong for him to love representing his nation?

I don't see the big deal here. He's not even bashing Murray. He just said this victory means more to him, as he obviously loves Davis Cup.

70-68
04-07-2013, 04:59 PM
How is what he said bad?

I don't see the big deal here. He's not even bashing Murray. He just said this victory means more to him, as he obviously loves Davis Cup.

I don't find it offensive or bad, I just think he should start to back up his words with proper results, otherwise he will look like just someone who doesn't fully know what he says.

Asadinator
04-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Janowicz :lol: Even a better troll than Tomic and Gulbis.

ProdigyEng
04-07-2013, 05:09 PM
I don't find it offensive or bad, I just think he should start to back up his words with proper results, otherwise he will look like just someone who doesn't fully know what he says.

True but he doesn't need to back up these words.

ProdigyEng
04-07-2013, 05:19 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHQL0ftCIAAB8dV.jpg:large

MTwEeZi
04-07-2013, 05:21 PM
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/77/everyonesgettingmadd.jpg

Blue Heart24
04-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Jerzy :yeah:
Haters can go and suck a fat one.:wavey:

MuzzahLovah
04-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Now I'm waiting for the Fed fans who turned on him after his fed comments to jump back on his bandwagon.

He's basically slightly taller Querrey, but with a much bigger mouth.

MuzzahLovah
04-07-2013, 06:09 PM
How is what he said bad?

Unless it was a mistranslation, the tone is clearly dismissive. He could have just said "Murray" or "a top ranked guy."

ProdigyEng
04-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Unless it was a mistranslation, the tone is clearly dismissive. He could have just said "Murray" or "a top ranked guy."

It's a clear mistranslation.

Timot
04-07-2013, 06:24 PM
I see some Murray fans are still nitpicking on one word "some" taking it out of context. If you read the whole in it's context (and I did) it's clear that he didn't want to bash anyone but only praise the crowd, importance of DC matches for him and so on. He used Murray example only to show that even beating "some" top guys isn't as important for him as DC win for his country.

His speech is cited in here (in proper context):
http://www.sport.pl/tenis/1,64987,13692630,Najpierw_przemowila_rakieta_Janow icza__Pozniej_przemowil.html
You can put it to Google Translate or maybe I'll translate it later when I have a bit more time.

MuzzahLovah
04-07-2013, 06:26 PM
It's a clear mistranslation.

How is that clear?

ProdigyEng
04-07-2013, 06:29 PM
How is that clear?

Because every time he says something it's mistranslated.

Quit crying any way. Even if he said something negative towards Murray, why would you give a crap? Only insecure fans cry when another player says something negative about their fav.

nellis_lv
04-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Janowicz :lol: Even a better troll than Tomic and Gulbis.

Not really. Tomic's disses make headlines. The Federer line was just classic.

Janowicz lines are simply cute. I think Murray'd probably think they're cute too, if he's paying attention.

A_Skywalker
04-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Janoshit will be out of top 100 after Paris :wavey:

Rychu
04-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Janoshit will be out of top 100 after Paris :wavey:

Yeah sure, he won't collect another 400 points till the end of 2013. Seems legit :facepalm:

ProdigyEng
04-07-2013, 07:20 PM
I see some Murray fans are still nitpicking on one word "some" taking it out of context. If you read the whole in it's context (and I did) it's clear that he didn't want to bash anyone but only praise the crowd, importance of DC matches for him and so on. He used Murray example only to show that even beating "some" top guys isn't as important for him as DC win for his country.

His speech is cited in here (in proper context):
http://www.sport.pl/tenis/1,64987,13692630,Najpierw_przemowila_rakieta_Janow icza__Pozniej_przemowil.html
You can put it to Google Translate or maybe I'll translate it later when I have a bit more time.

Some Murray fans get too butthurt over the littlest of things.

Tiebreak100
04-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Mentioning Murray by name just highlights how highly regarded the Glaswegian is held amongst his tennis peers. To beat the Scot is now considered the ultimate achievement in the sport. I can only agree.

Mountaindewslave
04-07-2013, 08:19 PM
His best play comes in flashes. If he manages to sort his head out, he will be one of the greats for sure.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

and I will suddenly develop the ability to not burn everything I bake :rolleyes:

ProdigyEng
04-07-2013, 08:24 PM
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

and I will suddenly develop the ability to not burn everything I bake :rolleyes:

Lol don't know what you're facepalming at. You do know anger/mental issues can be cured/controlled right?

alioth
04-07-2013, 08:36 PM
:worship:Love jerzy´s game and there´s nothing bad about what he said, he´s just an honest man, i think he better tha anyone knows what is more important to him, the fact he played ill showed that it really meant something huge for him.

Topspindoctor
04-07-2013, 08:40 PM

Not really. He's still a useless mug with a huge mouth in my book. Never respected that. Although his Mugray comment is spot on. Nobody cares about him outside of Britain. He lacks the charisma, the star power and the achievements of Big 3 :shrug:

heya
04-08-2013, 02:03 AM
Federer has charisma & grace? He barely went to DC ties for a decade. He must've been old & exhausted by age 26 because
Nadal & Djoker demolished him. If it weren't for their chokes at 2007 Wimbledon & US Open, the prick wouldn't have
his huge arrogance.

born_on_clay
04-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Gotta love Jerzy !

BrunoBeidacki
04-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Jerzy is awesome, and so is Andy.

Mr.Prysse.
04-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Winning the Davis Cup is indeed much more prestigious than beating "some Murray".
Nothing controversial about that as pretty much every player on the Tour would agree.

BackhandDTL
04-10-2013, 06:43 PM

In Singles and Doubles, no less. :(

Of course, he beat both of the Murrays in Doubles at IW, so maybe "some" was meant to indicate either.

rocketassist
04-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Jerzy is awesome, and so is Andy.

Correct.

Anyone getting sand in their minge over this is, well, a minge!

Kiedis
04-10-2013, 06:50 PM
For most players it is.

Yolita
04-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Boy, this Janowicz doesn't give a fuck does he :lol:
Oh yes, he does... Very much so... He just pretends he doesn't...

Didn't you read his facebook post explaining to people that he was not as bad as the press made him out to be? That he was just dealing with a mean partisan crowd? That he wasn't quarrelling but discussing with the umpire?

A long post, too: he cares about his image very much indeed. :D

Nothing wrong with that, of course. :D

MIMIC
04-10-2013, 09:12 PM
"some Murray"

:spit:

latso
04-10-2013, 09:46 PM
This thread will be much funnier once their next match is completed.

Muzza will be in "teaching a lesson" mode for sure :lol:

Andi-M
04-11-2013, 12:09 AM
I'm sure 'some' Murray is crying about this somewhere. But Andy Murray will not give a damn. :D

Alex999
04-11-2013, 01:07 AM
sorry, but you know what he is just getting sillier (and not in a funny way). first, cheap shots at Nole and Fed. now this 'some Murray'. we are talking about basic manners and civility. you do not talk about your colleagues like that.

who the heck is Janowitcz? Yes I'm using that reverse logic in this case. What has he achieved? Think about it this way ... I'm a janitor and I feel like talking about Albert Einstein. My apology to all janitors btw.

my problem, in general, with youngsters is that they talk big, yet they can't deliver sh!t on the court.

ProdigyEng
04-11-2013, 01:08 AM
sorry, but you know what he is just getting sillier (and not in a funny way). first, cheap shots at Nole and Fed. now this 'some Murray'. these are basic manners. you do not talk about your colleagues like that.

who the heck is Janowitcz? Yes I'm using that reverse logic in this case. What has he achieved? Think about it this way ... I'm a janitor and I feel like talking about Albert Einstein. My apology to all janitors btw.

my problem, in general, with youngsters is that they talk big, yet they can't deliver sh!t on the court.

Lol yet again on one of your silly rants.

You do realise this was mis translated right?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Tiebreak100
04-11-2013, 01:10 AM
This thread still going? Lurch should just focus on the next production of the Addams Family and enjoy being a top 50 tennis player while he has the chance.

Topspindoctor
04-11-2013, 01:11 AM
Beating hooligan is not such a difficult feat, now beating GOAT or even Nose - that is an entire different matter....

Tiebreak100
04-11-2013, 01:15 AM
Beating hooligan is not such a difficult feat, now beating GOAT or even Nose - that is an entire different matter....

Still going with the 'hooligan' garbage?

Posh boy logic: the odd swear word = hooligan? You have not lived my friend.

Topspindoctor
04-11-2013, 01:20 AM
Still going with the 'hooligan' garbage?

Posh boy logic: the odd swear word = hooligan? You have not lived my friend.

:spit::superlol:

If screaming profanities every time after losing a point like a drunken sailor is an "odd" then you and me have different opinions of what "odd" means. Mugray's on court behavior is akin to your average English football rioter who's had a few pints and witnessed England lose a football match. Disgusting and has no place in a classy game like tennis. Mugray is a disgrace with his antics, too bad his fangirls are too blind to see it :wavey:

Honestly
04-11-2013, 01:22 AM
This guy is becoming a bigger clown with every word he utters. I hope for his sake he learns to shut his trap and achieve something first.

Alex999
04-11-2013, 01:39 AM
Lol yet again on one of your silly rants.

You do realise this was mis translated right?

well, how was it mistranslated? Can you tell me what he said or what was in his head, what was he thinking?

even if it was, how come Jan always comes up with something stupid to say? could you translate it for us who do not speak Polish? there is always some controversy with Jan. I realize you are his fan and you always try to defend him but think about it. this guy gets more attention by what he says, than what he does on the court. it is true. sorry.

Tiebreak100
04-11-2013, 01:40 AM
:spit::superlol:

If screaming profanities every time after losing a point like a drunken sailor is an "odd" then you and me have different opinions of what "odd" means. Mugray's on court behavior is akin to your average English football rioter who's had a few pints and witnessed England lose a football match. Disgusting and has no place in a classy game like tennis. Mugray is a disgrace with his antics, too bad his fangirls are too blind to see it :wavey:

Murray is exactly what tennis needs if it wants to appeal to a wider audience. Bad language is part of sport and life, if it offends you then stay in the basement. To label Murray's on court middle class behaviour as 'akin to your average English football rioter' is simply ludicrous. His raw emotion and frustration at losing a significant point is what helps connect the sport with the average man on the street.

From your above ramblings, would I be correct in saying you would like tennis to remain a sport for the elites? Would you also say your constant insulting references to players you dislike is not befitting the behaviour expected of a tennis fan?, If indeed you wish to keep the sport 'classy?'

Using your flawed logic, your behaviour on this forum is that of a 'hooligan.'

ProdigyEng
04-11-2013, 01:42 AM
well, how was it mistranslated? Can you tell me what he said or what was in his head, what was he thinking?

even if it was, how come Jan always comes up with something stupid to say? could you translate it for us who do not speak Polish? there is always some controversy with Jan. I realize you are his fan and you always try to defend him but think about it. this guy gets more attention by what he says, than what he does on the court. it is true. sorry.

All he said was the win meant more to him then beating Murray.

Most probably because he is patriotic and loves playing davis cup.

In fact check Nathalias post earlier in the thread and she explains it all.

MrPlateperson
04-11-2013, 03:49 AM
Dull is next on the Janowicz hit list. :devil:

Dead Net Cord
07-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Jerzy's lucky that nobody has mentioned it before SF.