If Nadal comeback at his best level, who can stop him except Djokovic ? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

If Nadal comeback at his best level, who can stop him except Djokovic ?

Federer-Fan
04-06-2013, 10:04 PM
I think Nadal will comeback at his best level this year, and I was wondering... can he win Australian Open, Wimbledon or US Open in 2013 or 2014 ? The problem is that only Djokovic can beat him when Nadal is in great shape (except on indoors). And I think it will be tough for Novak to reach the final every time.

So who can stop Nadal except Djokovic ? Will he win another Grand Slam on hardcourts or grass ?

janko05
04-06-2013, 10:16 PM
Horacio Zeballos OAE if anyone

SerialKillerToBe
04-06-2013, 10:16 PM
The one good thing about Rafa being back is no more Mugray fluke slams.

Sri
04-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Tomic.

TigerTim
04-06-2013, 10:21 PM
on hard; Slamray OBE 2.0

Motoflou
04-06-2013, 10:22 PM
Rocky Maivia

Moozza
04-06-2013, 10:23 PM
Considering that peak Murray is a better player than Djokovic I'm going to say Murray.

SerialKillerToBe
04-06-2013, 10:27 PM
Considering that peak Murray is a better player than Djokovic I'm going to say Murray.

There's no such thing as a peak Murray. Only a slightly better than normal Murray.

rocketassist
04-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Murray's hardcourt best beats Nadal's, unless Nadal's armed with his USO 2010 serve.

Nole Rules
04-06-2013, 10:28 PM
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/16000000/Ernests-ernests-gulbis-16069570-482-594.jpg

Sanya
04-06-2013, 10:29 PM
Federer.

janko05
04-06-2013, 10:30 PM
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/16000000/Ernests-ernests-gulbis-16069570-482-594.jpg

oh cmon, there must be someone

Mark Lenders
04-06-2013, 10:31 PM
Djokovic, Del Potro, Murray and this guy:

ProdigyEng
04-06-2013, 10:32 PM
There's no such thing as a peak Murray. Only a slightly better than normal Murray.

True.

Murray has not hit his true peak yet.

Johnny Groove
04-06-2013, 10:32 PM
At the slams? Aside from Djokovic?

RG- Only a ballbasher on his career day and Nadal injured.

Wimbledon- He always has been vulnerable in the first week, but 2nd week, Federer at his best can do it, Murray if he can get over the mental hurdle can do it, but aside from that, I don't know if Tsonga/Berdych/Delpo/the rest can do it. The first week, he can be taken out, 2nd week, it will be tough.

USO- Murray of course, Federer will have to be beastly, or again a power player on his best day with endurance physical and mental.

AO- Fed has little chance, Murray can do it, Del Potro can do it, and a power player on career day.

Any other tournament, best of 3, anything can happen. We must also bear in mind the injury issue, which can come up any time.

NadalPhan
04-06-2013, 10:42 PM
Djokovic, Del Potro, Murray and this guy:

The question is outside of Djokovic, who can stop him. I'd go with Murray, Federer, and Del Potro.

Abel
04-06-2013, 10:44 PM
RG - no one if he's healthy. Not sure even Nole can do it here.

Wimbledon - a few could trouble in the first week, I suppose. If he makes it to the second week then maybe Djokovic or Murray but probably not :shrug:

US Open - quite a few players.

Saberq
04-06-2013, 11:01 PM
True.

Murray has not hit his true peak yet.

and he wont he is passed it :lol:

ProdigyEng
04-06-2013, 11:02 PM

No, he hasn't.

Moozza
04-06-2013, 11:05 PM

No. He will peak at 27.

moon language
04-06-2013, 11:07 PM

:lol:

pierricbross
04-06-2013, 11:09 PM
No-one can beat him in half their matches except Djokovic. Other players can/will beat him, whether they are just in the zone or Rafa is slightly off, but it's not going to be in every tournament.

Nadal will win Roland Garros and Rome. Favourite for Monte Carlo. Second or third favourite at Wimbledon (behind Murray, one of Fed/Djokovic depending on your opinion). He's second or third favourite at USO (behind Djokovic and/or Murray). Don't expect much at the other masters, a semi here, quarter there. A win would be pretty ridiculous at say Cincinnati, Djokovic and Murray should be better on faster courts period by now.

BauerAlmeida
04-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Rosol, Zeballos and Dodig.

MaxPower
04-06-2013, 11:46 PM
Rosol, Zeballos and Dodig.

or Flo Mayer. Don't forget about this classic in 2011. Healthy Nadal playing the match of his life, still getting roasted.

CBd0pERPaSU

Timot
04-06-2013, 11:54 PM
Not counting Djoker? Only slams?

In this case it could be like this:

At AO: Murray if he's on his good HC level
At RG: no one if Nadal plays his typical clay tennis
At Wimbledon: Fed if he comes back to his last Wimbly's final shape, Murray if he deals with pressure
At USO: Murray if he's at least not bad, maybe even Delpo, Ferrer, Tsonga or Berdych if they have a good day

NadFed
04-06-2013, 11:58 PM
Nadal is a little vulnerable in the first few rounds of the slams and he keeps playing progressively better and is close to unbeatable later on. Djokovic of course has a very good chance to beat him on all surfaces.

Over 5 sets, it's very hard to see anyone else beating him in the French.

Outside clay, I still think an in-form Federer deserves respect and can beat anyone on his day (although those days are so few and very far apart now!). Murray definitely has the game to do it as well, but with him it's more of a mental thing.

In the early rounds of Wimbledon, before the new grass gets worn and slower, I guess big servers and power hitters could potentially pull of an extremely unlikely upset (like healthy Soderling, Kolschriber). In the other slams, potentially tricky matches might be Raonic/Tsonga/DelPo in the US open and Tsonga/DelPo in the AO. I still think a "healthy" Nadal will beat em, but then again you never know if Nadal's ever fully healthy.

SliceAce
04-07-2013, 12:02 AM

Have to give you credit. You've built up such a strong reputation as a huge tard that this post could be serious :eek:

Honestly
04-07-2013, 12:21 AM
Murray 2.0

/thread

Honestly
04-07-2013, 12:22 AM
or Flo Mayer. Don't forget about this classic in 2011. Healthy Nadal playing the match of his life, still getting roasted.

CBd0pERPaSU

Funny how Nadal loses to lower ranked players when at his best, which he was vs Rosol, Zaballos, Dodig, and Mayer.

SheepleBuster
04-07-2013, 12:36 AM
I don't consider Djokovic a credible champ. He will be relinquishing his transitional status soon. I don't know. That remains to be seen. But Rafa could win a few more slams.

Abel
04-07-2013, 12:38 AM
I don't consider Djokovic a credible champ. He will be relinquishing his transitional status soon.

http://i.imgur.com/gvtlw.gif

cocrcici
04-07-2013, 01:04 AM
I don't consider Djokovic a credible champ. He will be relinquishing his transitional status soon. I don't know. That remains to be seen. But Rafa could win a few more slams.

http://i54.tinypic.com/ek293m.jpg

janko05
04-07-2013, 01:14 AM

yeah. you've made that very clear by now

BauerAlmeida
04-07-2013, 01:23 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-AS3R2tLGmgI/T_Rlf1EyvSI/AAAAAAAAALs/_vszqzlI9I8/s1600/i+don't+mean+to+stare.jpg

Whiznot
04-07-2013, 02:36 AM
Rosol and every mug.

MTwEeZi
04-07-2013, 02:42 AM
So, according to this thread... everyone but Federer?

Kyle_Johansen
04-07-2013, 03:01 AM
Murray, Djokovic, and Federer could beat him at Wimbledon. Don't know anyone can stop him at RG. Delpo, Tsonga, Murray, and Djokovic can beat him at the USO.

SheepleBuster
04-07-2013, 03:03 AM
Murray, Djokovic, and Federer could beat him at Wimbledon. Don't know anyone can stop him at RG. Delpo, Tsonga, Murray, and Djokovic can beat him at the USO.

I don't see Roger beating Rafa at Wimbledon. I think Murray could but I am not impressed with his form lately. He should have beaten Ferrer in 2 sets easily. Not all that drama. As great as Rafa is, a great server having the best day of his life might beat him at Wimbledon. But it's tough. I can't see someone like Rosol pulling it off again. My money this year is on Murray. He could have won it last year considering his performances after that loss.

atennisfan
04-07-2013, 03:42 AM
Faster court speed will demolish Nadal 2.0

SerialKillerToBe
04-07-2013, 03:49 AM
I don't know.

I concur.

se7en
04-07-2013, 04:25 AM
Some guys ranked outside 100 will take care of Dull, I thought we've settled this?

MrPlateperson
04-07-2013, 04:37 AM
http://news.ripley.za.net/wp-content/plugins/rss-poster/cache/58efa_130208155434-nadal-knee-horizontal-gallery.jpg

ballbasher101
04-07-2013, 05:03 AM

You usually make a lot of good posts but you are wrong here. Whether you like the Djoker or not the guy is already a legend. He is not Hewitt. As for who can stop Nadal besides the the Djoker? I honestly don't know. Murray has the game to beat Nadal on hard and grass but sadly Nadal owns him mentally.

SheepleBuster
04-07-2013, 05:19 AM
You usually make a lot of good posts but you are wrong here. Whether you like the Djoker or not the guy is already a legend. He is not Hewitt. As for who can stop Nadal besides the the Djoker? I honestly don't know. Murray has the game to beat Nadal on hard and grass but sadly Nadal owns him mentally.

Murray is baffling to me. He wins US Open, and I thought he could win AO too. He was not close there after the first 2nd set. I am not a fan of Rafa but he will be hard to beat if he does not get injured and keeps crushing people like he did in his last two tournaments. As far as Nole, after Nadal owned him on FO last year, I think the tide may have turned. We will see. Let's hope they meet in the next 3 slam finals to see if Nole can beat him again. That will tell me more about both Nole and Rafa.

Topspindoctor
04-07-2013, 05:31 AM
Federer.

:haha:

Decrepiterer has zero chance against Nadal on any surface now. He won't lose to the geezer ever again on any surface. Nadal might let Nose win an exho here and there, but real matches? Forget about it.

ballbasher101
04-07-2013, 05:31 AM
Murray is baffling to me. He wins US Open, and I thought he could win AO too. He was not close there after the first 2nd set. I am not a fan of Rafa but he will be hard to beat if he does not get injured and keeps crushing people like he did in his last two tournaments. As far as Nole, after Nadal owned him on FO last year, I think the tide may have turned. We will see. Let's hope they meet in the next 3 slam finals to see if Nole can beat him again. That will tell me more about both Nole and Rafa.

Insightful post. Murray is an interesting one. There is no way Murray should lose to someone like Nadal on hard, especially at the US open. On grass it should be a 50-50 match up. I will not bother with clay, we know who has the edge. I expect Nadal to continue doing well against the Djoker on clay. On grass and hard I believe the Djoker will have the edge. Unlike the other players on tour Djokovic does not fear Nadal. Had the final not been stopped at the French last year Nadal was all but toast.

SheepleBuster
04-07-2013, 05:36 AM
Insightful post. Murray is an interesting one. There is no way Murray should lose to someone like Nadal on hard, especially at the US open. On grass it should be a 50-50 match up. I will not bother with clay, we know who has the edge. I expect Nadal to continue doing well against the Djoker on clay. On grass and hard I believe Djoker will have the edge. Unlike the other players on the tour Djokovic does not fear Nadal. Had the final not been stopped at the French last year Nadal was all but toast.

With Federer losing steam, the top 4 seems to be destined to become top 3. I don't see #5 to #10 challenging the top 3 consistently in slams. Then the draw becomes a factor. Murray ... I have my money on him this Wimbledon. The way he won the Olympics on grass, I think he should be able to pull it off. He is better than Nole on grass. His mental block against Rafa is worrisome.

As far as the other guys... Del Potro, Berdych, Tsonga ... they are decent but in 3 out of 5 sets match, my money is on top 4. Can Raonic or someone like that step up next year? We shall see.

Topspindoctor
04-07-2013, 05:40 AM

There is nothing baffling about Mugray. He is a fluke. Should have never won USO in the first place. Right now he's playing like a clown. Can't wait for Nadal to crush him again and again.

heya
04-07-2013, 05:43 AM
You should've seen 2004. Even Fed at 32 would've been number 1 without playing for 12 months. He never played Davis Cup & Roddick avoided clay for a decade.

Chase Visa
04-07-2013, 06:15 AM
Apart from Djokovic?

* Murray on hards
* Federer on fast courts
* Del Potro off clay
* Ballbashers on a golden day

mark73
04-07-2013, 06:34 AM
You should've seen 2004. Even Fed at 32 would've been number 1 without playing for 12 months. He never played Davis Cup & Roddick avoided clay for a decade.

I did'nt realize that you've heard of Roddick.

fedalrock
04-07-2013, 07:34 AM
-Federer on grass and Fast hard courts
-Peak Murray on slow hard courts
- Del Potro has a fair shot on all surfaces
-A sudden upset by a Rosol or some mug
- GOATbis and Berdych if they don't bend mentally

NadalPhan
04-07-2013, 07:44 AM
Insightful post. Murray is an interesting one. There is no way Murray should lose to someone like Nadal on hard, especially at the US open. On grass it should be a 50-50 match up. I will not bother with clay, we know who has the edge. I expect Nadal to continue doing well against the Djoker on clay. On grass and hard I believe the Djoker will have the edge. Unlike the other players on tour Djokovic does not fear Nadal. Had the final not been stopped at the French last year Nadal was all but toast.

And had it not been for the rain, Rafa could very have won in 3 sets.

Cereal Killer
04-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Murray, Federer, serve-bots, Del Potro (maybe even on clay), Tsonga

They obviously need to be on their game.

-Federer on grass and Fast hard courts
-Peak Murray on slow hard courts
- Del Potro has a fair shot on all surfaces
-A sudden upset by a Rosol or some mug
- GOATbis and Berdych if they don't bend mentally

Why put the emphasis on that? Murray has a much better chance of beating Nadal on a "fast" hard court.

Federer-Fan
04-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Murray is not better than Nadal on hardcourts.
Moreover, Nadal has the mental edge against Murray...

Moozza
04-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Murray is not better than Nadal on hardcourts.
Moreover, Nadal has the mental edge against Murray...

Yes he is and it's not even close. Nadal only just won his first hardcourt title in what? 2 years?

Topspindoctor
04-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Yes he is and it's not even close. Nadal only just won his first hardcourt title in what? 2 years?

Mugray can't even win more HC slams than Nadal or have positive H2H against him on HC : haha:

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

superslam77
04-07-2013, 12:13 PM
it all goes to the same old saying..."i have never lost a match when healthy" :facepalm:

Dr.Slice
04-07-2013, 12:22 PM

Nadal leads their H2H on hard courts 6:5, he has won 2 slams on HC, murray lucked into one. I would say Nadal is the better hard-court player, unless murray fans live in an alternative reality (likely).

rocketassist
04-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Nadal leads their H2H on hard courts 6:5, he has won 2 slams on HC, murray lucked into one. I would say Nadal is the better hard-court player, unless murray fans live in an alternative reality (likely).

Since Murray beat Nadal on HC for the first time at the 2008 US Open, it's 5-3 to him on hard, and in the last match they played on it he absolutely maimed him in the last two sets.

Is he the greater HC player no Nadal has 2 slams and has both AO/USO but his best on HC will beat Nadal's best, unless Nadal has his USO 2010 serve.

Topspindoctor
04-07-2013, 01:18 PM
]Since Murray beat Nadal on HC for the first time at the 2008 US Open, it's 5-3 to him on hard, [/B]and in the last match they played on it he absolutely maimed him in the last two sets.

Is he the greater HC player no Nadal has 2 slams and has both AO/USO but his best on HC will beat Nadal's best, unless Nadal has his USO 2010 serve.

I expected better from you, this is just fangirl talk, man :o Manipulating dates for favorable H2H? Really? Nadal's best > Mandy's on any surface. I am actually looking forward to that match and a barrage of excuses from mugs like Prodigy, Mooza and MuzzahLovah.

rocketassist
04-07-2013, 01:20 PM
I expected better from you, this is just fangirl talk, man :o Manipulating dates for favorable H2H? Really? Nadal's best > Mandy's on any surface. I am actually looking forward to that match and a barrage of excuses from mugs like Prodigy, Mooza and MuzzahLovah.

On natural surfaces I totally agree but on hard it's a different story :shrug:

ProdigyEng
04-07-2013, 01:22 PM

I don't make excuses.

If Nadal beats Murray on Hard Courts, he beats him fair and square.

Ben D.
04-07-2013, 02:15 PM
OP included the answer in the question. except Djokovic...

Clay: Horacio Zeballos :shrug: or anybody who has nothing to lose and can absorb heavy topspin and hit deep and hard for 2 hours. Juan Martin Del Potro, Tomas Berdych, Lukas Rosol. At RG: best of 5, nobody i'm afraid.
Grass: many top 20 guys in fact, if they believe in their chances. coming to the net is key to victory for most. great serve helps too. best of 3: Tommy Haas, Tomas Berdych, Grigor Dimitrov, Robin Haase, Marcos Baghdatis. Wimbly: Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Marin Cilic, John Isner.
HC: ballbashers, servebots and tacticians. best of 3: Milos Raonic, Sam Querrey, Kei Nishikori, Gilles Simon. USO: Juan Martin Del Potro, Andy Murray, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Marin Cilic, John Isner, Ernest Gulbis.
Indoor: anybody except Richard Gasquet, Nicolas Almagro, David Ferrer and guys he knows too well to lose to.

TheShowMustGoOn
04-07-2013, 02:17 PM
At his best and stop him consistently? No one.

tyruk14
04-07-2013, 03:04 PM
No. He will peak at 27.

We saw what Peak Djokovic was capable of in 2011, when he was a few sets -- and a match against his pigeon -- away from winning the grand slam. Murray's peak will be a platitude by comparison, and I like the guy.

blackwell
04-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Another "injury"

Moozza
04-07-2013, 03:09 PM

How did the last set the played on HC go again?

OP included the answer in the question. except Djokovic...

Clay: Horacio Zeballos :shrug: or anybody who has nothing to lose and can absorb heavy topspin and hit deep and hard for 2 hours. Juan Martin Del Potro, Tomas Berdych, Lukas Rosol. At RG: best of 5, nobody i'm afraid.
Grass: many top 20 guys in fact, if they believe in their chances. coming to the net is key to victory for most. great serve helps too. best of 3: Tommy Haas, Tomas Berdych, Grigor Dimitrov, Robin Haase, Marcos Baghdatis. Wimbly: Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Marin Cilic, John Isner.
HC: ballbashers, servebots and tacticians. best of 3: Milos Raonic, Sam Querrey, Kei Nishikori, Gilles Simon. USO: Juan Martin Del Potro, Andy Murray, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Marin Cilic, John Isner, Ernest Gulbis.
Indoor: anybody except Richard Gasquet, Nicolas Almagro, David Ferrer and guys he knows too well to lose to.

Huh? You think Tsonga, Cilic and Isner can beat him at Wimbledon but not Murray?

paseo
04-07-2013, 03:17 PM
RG- Only a ballbasher on his career day and Nadal injured.

http://s23.postimg.org/bte2kpc2z/Untitled.jpg

Han Solo
04-07-2013, 04:02 PM

Two things here:

1) I agree about Murray. Clearly he CAN beat the other top players and has the physical and technical skill to win more majors. But he's not quite bringing it yet. What is good for him is that in his last three major finals he has started better than his opponent. If he can keep those starts up, and sustain it a bit longer, then bingo. It will be interesting to see if he can trouble Nadal in the majors this season. Somehow, I doubt it.

2) I would rather not have a monopoly of Nadal Djokovic finls this season and next. Let's have some more variety at the top, with, at the very least, some other top ten players getting to finals. I agree that Nadal may now be able to reassert his dominance over the field after last year's clay results against Djokovic., mind

GSMnadal
04-07-2013, 04:15 PM
In a slam? Nobody.

In a random unimportant non clay event? Lots of people

Ben D.
04-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Huh? You think Tsonga, Cilic and Isner can beat him at Wimbledon but not Murray?

Murray has the game but he has lost so many times that it would be hard to beat the odds. Other guys don't bother, so they could stun Nadal.

dencod16
04-07-2013, 04:34 PM
I think Murray, but only on a slightly fast court. Outside of that, yeah only Djokovic.

pepita1964
04-07-2013, 05:01 PM
If Soderling could beat Rafa at RG so Djokovic,Del Potro and other big guys
can do it.Just one week before RG at Rome Nadal crashed Soderling 60 61 something like that and then at RG Soderling in four sets did the job perfectly well. All tall guys with big serves,good net game could do the job
but need to believe they can win and to play with mind i have nothing to lose.

Moozza
04-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Murray has the game but he has lost so many times that it would be hard to beat the odds. Other guys don't bother, so they could stun Nadal.

So I didn't misunderstand? You genuinely believe Isner, Cilic and Tsonga are more likely to beat Nadal at Wimbledon than the world no.2, Olympic gold medalist(on grass), Wimbledon finalist and grand slam champion Andy Murray?

BauerAlmeida
04-07-2013, 06:35 PM
So I didn't misunderstand? You genuinely believe Isner, Cilic and Tsonga are more likely to beat Nadal at Wimbledon than the world no.2, Olympic gold medalist(on grass), Wimbledon finalist and grand slam champion Andy Murray?

All that is irrelevant. This is about beating Nadal, not who is a better player. Isner took him to 5 on clay, Murray folds every time they meet outside HC.

TigerTim
04-07-2013, 06:38 PM
There is nothing baffling about Mugray. He is a fluke. Should have never won USO in the first place. Right now he's playing like a clown. Can't wait for Nadal to crush him again and again.

Last set they played was 6-0.

To Murray.

GSMnadal
04-07-2013, 06:42 PM

To Murray.

Well that's that. Nadal is never beating Slamray again and should retire for his fans.

TigerTim
04-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Well that's that. Nadal is never beating Slamray again and should retire for his fans.

He tried throughout last year, at Miami he withdrew, at Wimbledon he tanked vs. Rosol to avoid him in the semis, after Wimbledon he feigned injury as Godray steamrollered the Olympics, realised the same would happen at the USO and then tried to dodge this year. Nadal has been horrifically scarred ever since. Even lost to Verdasco on clay.

Topspindoctor
04-07-2013, 08:51 PM

To Murray.

Only a Mugraytard grasping at the straws will come up with something like this to keep his hero relevant. Fact remains, Nadal has more HC slams, better H2H on HC vs Mandy as well. I am done with fangirls :facepalm:

blackwell
04-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Clown likes to eat bagels from Murray in finals

Roy Emerson
04-07-2013, 11:55 PM
From what I've seen this year from all the top players, including Nadal, unless the Spaniard is injured at RG he should win it. At the other slams several players can stop him. At Wimbledon in the first week he is vulnerable to a plethora of players. In the second week, he could lose to Djokovic and maybe Murray(better on grass than in 2011) and Federer(roof closed). He is very vulnerable with the roof closed like we saw against Rosol... Some journeyman could beat him again with the roof closed at Wimbledon, definetely. At the USO he could lose to Djokovic, Murray(now a slam winner) and probably Del Potro and even Federer. I'm not convinced Nadal will win another slam outside of clay.

SheepleBuster
04-08-2013, 01:38 AM
Two things here:

1) I agree about Murray. Clearly he CAN beat the other top players and has the physical and technical skill to win more majors. But he's not quite bringing it yet. What is good for him is that in his last three major finals he has started better than his opponent. If he can keep those starts up, and sustain it a bit longer, then bingo. It will be interesting to see if he can trouble Nadal in the majors this season. Somehow, I doubt it.

2) I would rather not have a monopoly of Nadal Djokovic finls this season and next. Let's have some more variety at the top, with, at the very least, some other top ten players getting to finals. I agree that Nadal may now be able to reassert his dominance over the field after last year's clay results against Djokovic., mind

Oh absolutely. I meant let's hope they meet once this year in a slam final. No bullsh** masters best out of 3. A best out of 5 match. To be fair a RG and USO final would be fair because clay is Rafa's favorite and HC is Nole's. I have my money on Andy for Wimbledon.

forehandluva
04-08-2013, 02:15 AM
with djokovic no longer at his 2011 level the only player with the game to beat nadal on clay is del potro, there are 2 examples why i believe this, one of which is the 1st set of the dc match in 2011 and the 1st round of the french open 2007. the thing i dont understand is why dont del potro just throw caution to the wind and hit every ball as hard as he can. yes he may end up loosing with an embarising number of unforced errors but its more likely to pay off than being cautious against nadal on clay.

Schumacher
04-08-2013, 09:46 AM
Who can stop Nadal except Djokovic?

On clay: Nobody. Maybe some coincidence in circumstances (weather, rival in super form, bad day for Nadal, etc...something like in 4th round 2009)

On grass: During early rounds he is quite vulnerable, but later - maybe Federer in 2012 shape or Murray with more confidence...

On HC: Imo it quite depends on the fastness of the court. Maybe I´m wrong, but I actually can see quite a lot players, who can beat Nadal on HC. The main assumption necessary to beat him is very solid first serve and not many unforced errors (as we could see in IW match with Gulbis, who was close to beat him). At these conditions, he can be beaten by Federer, Murray, Del Potro, Berdych or even Tsonga. But in real world, these players quite rarely perform at their best against Nadal.

TennisPhan1
04-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Fed can of course

beat him twice on clay
oh and 17 >>>>>> 11

Cereal Killer
04-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Oh absolutely. I meant let's hope they meet once this year in a slam final. No bullsh** masters best out of 3. A best out of 5 match. To be fair a RG and USO final would be fair because clay is Rafa's favorite and HC is Nole's. I have my money on Andy for Wimbledon.

I feel you haven't said that often enough yet.