Who's Going? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who's Going?

CooCooCachoo
04-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Each year it takes forever before this thread is created, so I thought I'd speed up the process.

Is anyone heading up to SW19? I most likely won't be able to go to any of the main draw matches, but hope to be there for the qualifying at Roehampton :worship:

The Prince
04-05-2013, 09:38 PM
I will be at the qualies, and we'll see about the main draw.

CooCooCachoo
04-07-2013, 02:35 PM
The qualifying event is the best tennis event ever IMO :hearts:

Puschkin
05-03-2013, 05:33 AM
Has onyone already recieved tickets from the lottery?

baregton77
05-13-2013, 06:21 PM
Sorry for offtopic. When come qualification entry list? Thanks

Chip & Charge
05-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Got Court 3 tickets for the first Thursday :)

The Prince
05-16-2013, 11:20 PM

Totally agree with you, but that's coming from another person who predominantly watches tennis on the challenger tour. I'm sure a person who prefers to watch the top guys would disagree with us. :yeah:

CooCooCachoo
05-17-2013, 02:13 AM
Totally agree with you, but that's coming from another person who predominantly watches tennis on the challenger tour. I'm sure a person who prefers to watch the top guys would disagree with us. :yeah:

Well, it's partly that. But I also absolutely adore the venue. I've been four or five years now :hearts:

Sombrerero loco
05-17-2013, 01:51 PM

agree. roehampton is the best :lol:

Sombrerero loco
05-17-2013, 01:55 PM
i will be there for roehampton way probably. with the bulldog of course =D

Sombrerero loco
05-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Sorry for offtopic. When come qualification entry list? Thanks

in 2 weeks

CooCooCachoo
05-17-2013, 08:24 PM
agree. roehampton is the best :lol:

You were there last year?

Smoke944
05-17-2013, 08:32 PM
I really want to go to qualifying in the near future.

Sombrerero loco
05-17-2013, 08:36 PM
You were there last year?

couldnt comelast year but i was there 2 years ago(2011), that year bernie got into the qfs after qualifying
will defo try to go this year 100% for sure =D

CooCooCachoo
05-17-2013, 09:25 PM
couldnt comelast year but i was there 2 years ago(2011), that year bernie got into the qfs after qualifying
will defo try to go this year 100% for sure =D

Cool :cool:

Let me know if anyone wants to meet up. It is always nice to have someone to talk to, especially when there is the inevitable rain delay :umbrella:

Sombrerero loco
05-17-2013, 09:57 PM
yeah yeah if i go i will private you of course. as i told you before i will be there with the bulldog so we can meet of course yeah =D

yeah its the tipical tennis club to sit and talk as if you were 70 y.o. :hysteric: epic field

The Prince
05-17-2013, 10:17 PM
i will be there for roehampton way probably. with the bulldog of course =D

I'll be there on Monday and Thursday. :yeah:

Then we'll see about Tuesday and Wednesday, really depends how much important stuff I'd potentially miss (at school). :lol:

Sombrerero loco
05-17-2013, 10:34 PM
i mean i will be with you the days you are going of course =D
maybe i will go to eastbourne one of these days instead of going to the qualies though. great venue i ve heard. but monday i will be there for sure, first day of the qualies, and only atp so yeah i will be there. this is if, of course, i can finally go. which is not 100% sure yet

CooCooCachoo
05-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Where are you from sombrerero?

Taz Warrior
05-18-2013, 06:22 PM
I'll be there on a ground pass for the first few days

The Prince
05-18-2013, 11:36 PM
i mean i will be with you the days you are going of course =D
maybe i will go to eastbourne one of these days instead of going to the qualies though. great venue i ve heard. but monday i will be there for sure, first day of the qualies, and only atp so yeah i will be there. this is if, of course, i can finally go. which is not 100% sure yet

Of course. Looking forward to it. :yeah:

I was thinking Monday, because it's ATP only, and Thursday because it's final round and BO5, so there should be some great matches. Funnily enough I was thinking of going to Eastbourne. Not really researched it or done any planning, but I live close enough to both Roehampton and Eastbourne not to worry about accommodation. :)

Hope you do indeed make it over from Spain, mate. :D

Drewmcnal
05-27-2013, 11:14 AM
I'll hopefully be along to the qualies at some point this year!!

Sombrerero loco
05-28-2013, 08:18 AM
coocoo and the others, which days are you going to wimbledon qualies? =D

CooCooCachoo
05-28-2013, 03:45 PM
coocoo and the others, which days are you going to wimbledon qualies? =D

I should be there all days :yeah: Might extend my trip until one or two days of the main draw as well, since I cancelled prior obligations.

grosjeanlol
05-31-2013, 01:18 PM
When begins the qualis? I go with a friend the first week and I hope we will have tickets to get in the big Wimbledon :)

CooCooCachoo
05-31-2013, 06:00 PM
When begins the qualis? I go with a friend the first week and I hope we will have tickets to get in the big Wimbledon :)

On Monday.

Sombrerero loco
05-31-2013, 08:47 PM
I should be there all days :yeah: Might extend my trip until one or two days of the main draw as well, since I cancelled prior obligations.

cool. do you like taking pics with the players too as i do? :lol:

Sombrerero loco
05-31-2013, 08:49 PM

monday men, tuesday girls.
should end on thursday but sometimes the rain makes it friday or saturday

CooCooCachoo
06-01-2013, 10:43 AM
cool. do you like taking pics with the players too as i do? :lol:

Not anymore :p Too old for that :angel:

Sombrerero loco
06-01-2013, 11:19 AM
:lol: so you take the pics for bulldie and me right? :hearts:

CooCooCachoo
06-01-2013, 12:29 PM
:lol: so you take the pics for bulldie and me right? :hearts:

Maybe :p If we're at the same courts :)

Just booked my ticket. Very excited; hoping for decent weather!

Sombrerero loco
06-01-2013, 12:34 PM
weather will suck as every year :hysteric:
oh yeah you will escape from josh´court i guess :haha:

grosjeanlol
06-01-2013, 02:15 PM
monday men, tuesday girls.
should end on thursday but sometimes the rain makes it friday or saturday

ok thanks, and there is no matchs on Sunday the 23rd June?

I come from France on Saturday the 22nd June so I hoped I could alredeay go to Wim to see some qualis...

CooCooCachoo
06-01-2013, 04:19 PM
ok thanks, and there is no matchs on Sunday the 23rd June?

I come from France on Saturday the 22nd June so I hoped I could alredeay go to Wim to see some qualis...

Nope. (Unless, in the very extreme scenario that there is so much rain the days before that qualies are a total wash-out.) You can try to catch some training matches at Aorangi Park, but that place is not very accessible. I once got into the main venue the weekend before but that was really by chance (and stealth).

PitsOfTheWorld
06-04-2013, 12:17 AM
Hypothetical question...hoping to get to Wimbledon sometime in the next couple of years--probably 2015 or 2016.

I put together a couple of possible itineraries/budgets. These are all within a few hundred dollars of one another.

1) Fly in from Chicago on the Tuesday of Qualies, catch the full Wednesday at Roehampton. Get Thursday and Friday to explore London (I studied in the UK a few years ago so I've seen some but there's always more to see), on Saturday take a cheap weekend train to Eastbourne for that final...then Monday/Tuesday, queue for Wimbledon...grounds pass one day, maybe show court the other (overnight). Fly back to Chicago Thursday.

2) fly in from Chicago on Saturday. Queue Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, hopefully getting show court one of those days, and trying to get resale show courts on one of the grounds pass days too. Fly back to Chicago Thursday. This is the cheapest option, but gives me zero free time in London aside from Sunday before getting in the queue.

3) fly in from Chicago on Saturday and going four days of the first week...with one free day in London on the day I don't go to Wimby. This is the most expensive option since show court tickets get pricier by Friday. Fly back to Chicago Saturday.

Right now I think it's probably between option 1 and option 3...though I'll also apply on the ballot as well to see if I can get any tickets that way.

dinkulpus
06-04-2013, 06:50 AM
These ground passes for which courts are available and how much are they?

Sombrerero loco
06-04-2013, 08:40 AM
These ground passes for which courts are available and how much are they?

well courts annexees. everyone except chartrier, lenglen, court 1

dinkulpus
06-04-2013, 09:56 AM
I will be there for Monday :inlove: almost 100% sure, and maybe Tuesday, so if anyone is searching for company just PM to me :wavey:

CooCooCachoo
06-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Hypothetical question...hoping to get to Wimbledon sometime in the next couple of years--probably 2015 or 2016.

I put together a couple of possible itineraries/budgets. These are all within a few hundred dollars of one another.

1) Fly in from Chicago on the Tuesday of Qualies, catch the full Wednesday at Roehampton. Get Thursday and Friday to explore London (I studied in the UK a few years ago so I've seen some but there's always more to see), on Saturday take a cheap weekend train to Eastbourne for that final...then Monday/Tuesday, queue for Wimbledon...grounds pass one day, maybe show court the other (overnight). Fly back to Chicago Thursday.

2) fly in from Chicago on Saturday. Queue Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, hopefully getting show court one of those days, and trying to get resale show courts on one of the grounds pass days too. Fly back to Chicago Thursday. This is the cheapest option, but gives me zero free time in London aside from Sunday before getting in the queue.

3) fly in from Chicago on Saturday and going four days of the first week...with one free day in London on the day I don't go to Wimby. This is the most expensive option since show court tickets get pricier by Friday. Fly back to Chicago Saturday.

Right now I think it's probably between option 1 and option 3...though I'll also apply on the ballot as well to see if I can get any tickets that way.

Option 1 is most advisable, I think. Not just because I love Roehampton, but also because I think it's physically well-nigh impossible to queue for three or four days without being forced to leave early.

PitsOfTheWorld
06-04-2013, 06:59 PM
Option 1 is most advisable, I think. Not just because I love Roehampton, but also because I think it's physically well-nigh impossible to queue for three or four days without being forced to leave early.

Oo, good point. I'm under the impression that so long as you show up at 6-7 you'll get a grounds pass no problem and get in quickly?

And I've heard mixed things about getting into court 1...Would 1-3am do it for Court 1?

CooCooCachoo
06-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Oo, good point. I'm under the impression that so long as you show up at 6-7 you'll get a grounds pass no problem and get in quickly?

And I've heard mixed things about getting into court 1...Would 1-3am do it for Court 1?

Yes, 6-7 is early enough, but don't forget that it might take you quite some time to get to the queue (depending on where you are staying in London, obviously). You would probably get in around 10.30 or so, so the queue is still long. I find it extremely exhausting, especially if you include overnight queuing for one or more days of show court tickets. I am not sure what the right time is for Court 1, but I am sure it varies per OOP (Brits, Federer are popular; women's matches less so) and weather.

ProdigyEng
06-05-2013, 02:00 AM
Second Monday :)

dinkulpus
06-10-2013, 11:54 AM
For which day there are ground pass tickets?

Taz Warrior
06-10-2013, 12:14 PM
Ground passes are available throughout the tournament. Earlier in the tournament the matches will mainly be singles on the outside courts but as the tournament progresses you will get doubles, juniors, seniors, etc. on these courts.

You can view the schedule of play for each day from last year here:

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/scores/schedule/schedule8.html

ExcaliburII
06-10-2013, 06:16 PM
i will most likely be travelling this weekend from bsas to london to attend qualies and then first few days of main draw.
i need advice on accomodation and public transportation to roehampton if anyone can help...

CooCooCachoo
06-11-2013, 07:01 PM
i will most likely be travelling this weekend from bsas to london to attend qualies and then first few days of main draw.
i need advice on accomodation and public transportation to roehampton if anyone can help...

Accommodation in London should be easy to find out for yourself. Depends a lot on your budget and taste, in any case. Don't expect to being staying close to Roehampton as it's a posh area.

How to travel will depend on where you're traveling from, obviously. But my route has always been to take the tube to Hammersmith and City, and then the 72 or 33 bus (I think). It's still about a 10- to 15-minute walk from the bus station after that, but it's straightforward down one road. There may of course have been changes this year.

Avoid taxis unless you are loaded.

ExcaliburII
06-11-2013, 08:03 PM
so you are saying i should get a hotel in center london? Maybe in the Hammersmith area?

To the bus driver i just tell him to Roehampton? Or which is the stop? i dont want to get lost

thanks for the advice btw

CooCooCachoo
06-12-2013, 06:44 AM
so you are saying i should get a hotel in center london? Maybe in the Hammersmith area?

To the bus driver i just tell him to Roehampton? Or which is the stop? i dont want to get lost

thanks for the advice btw

Hammersmith would be a good area to stay in travel-wise, but might be unadventurous otherwise. Anything that's close to a tube stop that's on a line that also stops at Hammersmith & City would be convenient. You should expect to do a fair amount of travelling to get to Roehampton, so it doesn't really matter all that much.

The stop is the Barnes Red Lion football club, I think. You don't tell the bus driver; you press the stop button. Then you just turn the corner and walk down Priory Lane for 10+ minutes. It's a long-ass road. You will pass a nursery (the Bee's Knees I think) on your right, the LTA as well. And then you turn right at some red mail box.

Again, all of this is based on previous experiences, so any changes might invalidate this advice.

Drewmcnal
06-12-2013, 10:37 AM
roehampton is about a 15 minute walk from barnes train station

CooCooCachoo
06-12-2013, 11:09 AM
roehampton is about a 15 minute walk from barnes train station

Yeah (dodgy train station, by the way). The football club is a little closer to Priory Lane though.

ExcaliburII
06-12-2013, 11:30 AM
thanks for the help again

so then its maybe easier to just go to the barnes train station?

Drewmcnal
06-12-2013, 02:35 PM
where will ur hotel be? u can get a train to barnes from waterloo or clapham junction! Barnes station is fine, I'm a train driver and never seen any problems there!

ExcaliburII
06-12-2013, 02:38 PM
i dont know yet. you have any hotel suggestions? i just booked my plane ticket now.

dinkulpus
06-12-2013, 03:04 PM
I will visit second Monday will check schedule and decide to go with ground pass ticket :)

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Drewmcnal
06-12-2013, 08:55 PM
I think the premier inn in Putney is where a lot of the players stay

CooCooCachoo
06-13-2013, 06:10 AM
where will ur hotel be? u can get a train to barnes from waterloo or clapham junction! Barnes station is fine, I'm a train driver and never seen any problems there!

Maybe dodgy was the wrong word, but it doesn't look like a proper train station. It's tucked away right on the side of the road sort of in the middle of nowhere. Weird for a train station.

Drewmcnal
06-13-2013, 11:01 AM
Yeah that's true!

outrider
06-14-2013, 07:27 AM
I really look forward to see Sebastian Rieschick but i don't know if he is ready and will be in London?!

He is so talented. I can remember how he nearly beat Tomic on grass in 2011. Would be great to see him at Wimbledon Q.

CooCooCachoo
06-14-2013, 07:31 AM
I really look forward to see Sebastian Rieschick but i don't know if he is ready and will be in London?!

He is so talented. I can remember how he nearly beat Tomic on grass in 2011. Would be great to see him at Wimbledon Q.

You're going to Roehampton?

outrider
06-14-2013, 07:37 AM
You're going to Roehampton?
Yes. I will be in London on Monday and Tuesday and i will make another trip one week later (Mon-Thu).

CooCooCachoo
06-14-2013, 07:40 AM
You and sombrerero loco might come to blows :unsure:

Sombrerero loco
06-14-2013, 10:07 AM
Yes. I will be in London on Monday and Tuesday and i will make another trip one week later (Mon-Thu).

:unsure:

CooCooCachoo
06-14-2013, 02:59 PM
Might have to pack mace :unsure:

outrider, out of curiosity, how old are you?

outrider
06-14-2013, 03:10 PM
outrider, out of curiosity, how old are you?

I guess Qualies are more interesting than the Main Draw haha.
A lot of good players will be there.

When the Doubles Q will start? Monday or Tuesday/Wednesday?

CooCooCachoo
06-14-2013, 05:34 PM

I guess Qualies are more interesting than the Main Draw haha.
A lot of good players will be there.

When the Doubles Q will start? Monday or Tuesday/Wednesday?

Ah so it won't be a fist fight unmatched in terms of age. Not sure who to bet on :p Feel free to say hi; I'll be the guy supporting Cipo :lol:

Normally it starts on Tuesday.

Henry Chinaski
06-14-2013, 08:57 PM
outrider you better say hello to monkey man at qualies

Sombrerero loco
06-14-2013, 09:48 PM
Ah so it won't be a fist fight unmatched in terms of age. Not sure who to bet on :p Feel free to say hi; I'll be the guy supporting Cipo :lol:

Normally it starts on Tuesday.

pics or didnt happen

ProdigyEng
06-14-2013, 10:02 PM
I will visit second Monday will check schedule and decide to go with ground pass ticket :)

Perhaps see you there then mate.

outrider
06-14-2013, 10:08 PM
If you are a hot girl then we can talk about it. ;-)

You will recognize me. I am a typical german.haha.

ExcaliburII
06-15-2013, 04:13 AM
prizerider i am travelling all the way from southamerica to watch qualies and you wont even say hi?? after all i taught you. you were like my son. i saw you grow, i saw you flourish, you cant surely let me down now.

im flying in few hours to london, i got a nice hotel at hammersmith, 20 mins away both from roehampton and city center.

if u prepare percentages we should exchange them the night before christoph, for improved betting.

regards

ExcaliburII
06-15-2013, 04:16 AM
cococacho how do u look?

CooCooCachoo
06-15-2013, 07:07 AM
cococacho how do u look?

Weren't you the one that made some comment that you aren't surprised I support Cipolla, supposedly because I am gay? :unsure:

CooCooCachoo
06-15-2013, 07:12 AM
If you are a hot girl then we can talk about it. ;-)

You will recognize me. I am a typical german.haha.

I'm not a hot girl :sobbing: Never mind :p

ExcaliburII
06-15-2013, 08:45 AM
i just said i wasnt surprised you liked cipolla?
i didnt state the reasons

Sombrerero loco
06-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Weren't you the one that made some comment that you aren't surprised I support Cipolla, supposedly because I am gay? :unsure:

:eek: wtf? you cant to be a fan of cipolla if you arent gay? :unsure:

CooCooCachoo
06-16-2013, 07:59 AM
i just said i wasnt surprised you liked cipolla?
i didnt state the reasons

You said "someone like you" :unsure:

ExcaliburII
06-16-2013, 03:20 PM
yes, true

but it means nothing?

ask outrider

Fleck
06-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Waiting for some great reports guys!

ProdigyEng
06-17-2013, 08:38 PM
I will get pics from second monday

ExcaliburII
06-17-2013, 11:55 PM
klahn choked away a 5-4 *40-0 lead in third and then served again 7-6

middelkoop cant play and beat me from 3 mps

pashanski played match of his life

viola is scum

Drewmcnal
06-18-2013, 08:11 AM
Karol beck played awesome! Marchenko did ok. Jamie baker played well!

TheRealRafaholic
06-20-2013, 10:16 PM
I happen to be lucky enough to be in London this time of the year and would like to go to Wimbledon, I was wondering how possible it is to get some ground passes. Can't seem to find any online sites that they sell this like they do at the US Open. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Henry Chinaski
06-20-2013, 11:08 PM
you buy them onsite in the morning. you have to queue.

ThierryH
06-21-2013, 05:20 PM
Has anyone ever queued for the men's QFs?
How early do you reckon one has to be there to be very sure to get Center Court tickets?

CooCooCachoo
06-23-2013, 10:58 PM
klahn choked away a 5-4 *40-0 lead in third and then served again 7-6

middelkoop cant play and beat me from 3 mps

pashanski played match of his life

viola is scum

Why is Viola scum? :unsure:

TheRealRafaholic
06-25-2013, 01:18 AM
Thanks a lot. Fun way to mingle with tennis junkies I guess.

aussie_fan
06-30-2013, 10:42 AM
Anyone how queuing goes in the 2nd week? Monday will be busy but if I was just wanting to get a ground pass later in the week, does it matter when I get there.

Did 5 days last week.