EU G1 R2: Tursunov outlasts Evans, 6-4 6-7 6-4 5-7 6-4(GB 0-1 RUS) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

EU G1 R2: Tursunov outlasts Evans, 6-4 6-7 6-4 5-7 6-4(GB 0-1 RUS)

Dangermouse
04-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Brave performance by the player number 325, but the Russians have gone one to the good.

Chip & Charge
04-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Great effort from Evo but Tursunov's class came through in the end :sad:

Nathaliia
04-05-2013, 05:17 PM
dima, my god... bad shape is bad

The Prince
04-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Tursunov played really well in patches. Evans should be proud. :hatoff:

TigerTim
04-05-2013, 05:32 PM
good effort from Evans :)

madmax
04-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Dima was generally bad, true, but Evans is no slouch either and should be ranked much higher than he is now.

rocketassist
04-05-2013, 05:42 PM
the problem with the LTA products is when the spotlight's on them they'll perform really well and push good players close but when it comes to the slog of the futures/challengers they don't have the guts to grind it out in the obscure regions.

Tursunov isn't even a shadow of the player he was in 2005-07.

motorhead
04-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Tursunov must be in a shocking form.

AnnaK_4ever
04-05-2013, 06:58 PM
One of the most frustrating matches of Tursunov I've ever watched and it's quite telling actually.
His footwork, ROS and ground game in general disappeared mid-first set and never came back. He was making so many shocking (even by his own standards) errors that at some point he just stopped going for his shots -- at all. Reverted to hapless pushing down the middle and occasional moonballing. Looked totally spent by the 3rd set. Barely could finish the rally with a winning shot when presented with a chance. 2nd serve was Errani-esque, Evans was hitting ROS winners off it time and again. A win is a win but Mitya's in a really bad shape.
Evans played much better than expected, not a terrible player by any means. Nice technique, aggressive instincts even though he certainly lacks firepower, soft hands at the net, very good first serve. But he's too volatile and quite a choker.

CooCooCachoo
04-05-2013, 07:07 PM
Dima was generally bad, true, but Evans is no slouch either and should be ranked much higher than he is now.

Don't we say this every time Evans plays DC? :tape: It is not enough to have some spirited performances; tennis players need to be consistent and Evans is failing on that front. The potential is there to at least be a solid Challenger player though.

madmax
04-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Don't we say this every time Evans plays DC? :tape: It is not enough to have some spirited performances; tennis players need to be consistent and Evans is failing on that front. The potential is there to at least be a solid Challenger player though.

yeah, I know...and I like watching Danny play too - nice slice, cracking backhands from time to time and good first serve too. But that maddening inconsistency in his game looks like insurmountable burden to overcome. Too bad

Burrow
04-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Good to see the chavy lout seen to. Can't imagine how it was so close.

CooCooCachoo
04-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Good to see the chavy lout seen to. Can't imagine how it was so close.

Elitist much? :o What's wrong with Dan Evans?

The Prince
04-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Dan Evans is a from a certain perspective, not a very nice young man. It's well known amongst the avid followers of British tennis.

Sombrerero loco
04-05-2013, 09:11 PM
dan, nice fight =)

Sombrerero loco
04-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Dan Evans is a from a certain perspective, not a very nice young man. It's well known amongst the avid followers of British tennis.

tell me more :angel:

CooCooCachoo
04-05-2013, 09:21 PM

I don't follow him closely, so I have no clue what the criticisms are. On court he doesn't strike me as a particular nuisance.

Burrow
04-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Elitist much? :o What's wrong with Dan Evans?

Unsurprisingly, another ignorant comment from yourself. As someone who clearly thinks so highly of themselves, I'd expect a little more common sense to be on show.

Dangermouse
04-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Evans gets a ridiculous amount of unfair hate. Sure he may enjoy regular nights out, but so does Tomic.

valve
04-05-2013, 09:42 PM
Evans gets a ridiculous amount of unfair hate. Sure he may enjoy regular nights out, but so does Tomic.

Great logic. Go to class.

https://www.coursera.org/course/intrologic

CooCooCachoo
04-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Unsurprisingly, another ignorant comment from yourself. As someone who clearly thinks so highly of themselves, I'd expect a little more common sense to be on show.

1) The word 'chav' is elitist and derogatory. Try to argue against that.

2) Substantiate your use of the word 'other'. Please cite some of the numerous examples of ignorant comments.

3) Substantiate your observation (i.e. accusation) that I think highly of myself.

4) Why would you expect common sense to be on show when I apparently have a proven history of making ignorant comments? Surely you should have lowered your expectations based on experience?

5) How about actually answering my question?

Burrow
04-05-2013, 09:50 PM
1) The word 'chav' is elitist and derogatory. Try to argue against that.

2) Substantiate your use of the word 'other'. Please cite some of the numerous examples of ignorant comments.

3) Substantiate your observation (i.e. accusation) that I think highly of myself.

4) Why would you expect common sense to be on show when I apparently have a proven history of making ignorant comments? Surely you should have lowered your expectations based on experience?

5) How about actually answering my question?

1. No

2. No

3. No

4. No

5. No

The information is out there, I don't need to spoon feed information to someone who I think is a genuine pain in the arse.

CooCooCachoo
04-05-2013, 09:58 PM
1. No

2. No

3. No

4. No

5. No

The information is out there, I don't need to spoon feed information to someone who I think is a genuine pain in the arse.

Yep, I thought my reply would silence you. :wavey:

Brit Tennis Fan
04-05-2013, 10:17 PM

I think it's fair to say that as teenager he did more than a few dumb things which understandably attracted criticism at the time but he has clearly grown up and I don't think that his former indiscretions should be held against him for ever. The only perspective that now holds him to be "not a very nice young man" is that of middle class snobs who look down their nose at him because he is a working class kid who isn't the most eloquent of people when you stick a microphone in front of him.

Smoke944
04-05-2013, 10:18 PM
1. No

2. No

3. No

4. No

5. No

Shame the ACC has been done away with. You could have easily won for a second time with so many great competitors being permabanned.

rocketassist
04-05-2013, 11:12 PM
Evans is an ordinary kid from a poor part of the country. It just wouldn't have been accepted by many in this country had he succeeded- the same people who didn't want an ordinary kid from Dunblane to succeed- and were put in their place.

*Jean*
04-06-2013, 06:41 AM
Dmitry outsexing the sexy haircut of that British boy. :yeah: