DC Americas Group 2 Playoffs: Haiti-Guatemala 1-1 after 1st day [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

DC Americas Group 2 Playoffs: Haiti-Guatemala 1-1 after 1st day

Johnny Groove
04-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Please don't move this to a dead part of the forum, mods.

http://www.daviscup.com/en/draws-results/tie/details.aspx?tieId=100019546

My Haitian team is on the ropes here. After a great win last year to get into Group 2, we are facing relegation back to Group 3 unless we can beat Guatemala.

Tie 1: Diaz-Figueroa vs. Rousseau- Rousseau, who I played in November 2011 (He beat me 6-2, 6-3) will be the huge underdog here vs. #473 ranked Diaz-Figueroa. Rousseau won't win, but I do hope he can play well and get some games and avoid bakery products. 6-2, 6-3, 6-2 would be a fine scoreline.

Tie 2: Sajous vs. Vidal- Sajous has a propensity to lose matches against players he has no business to, and he has seen his rank slip from the 500's down now to 736. Vidal is at 1961 in the world. Sajous better not fuck this up, he has no business losing this match. He will probably drop a set, but ought to win in 4, surely.

Tie 3: Diaz-Figueroa/Vidal vs. Sajous/Allen- This is the critical point, imo. If we can get this point, I think we've got a shot to take it on the 3rd day, but if the Guatemalans win this one, it will be over after the 4th rubber.

Tie 4: Diaz-Figueroa vs. Sajous- It all depends here. If Guatemala has 2-1 here, 0% chance for Sajous, I know his mentality, he won't win. However, if we take the doubles, Sajous will put in more of a fight here and just may pull off the upset for the win, or maybe not. If we are up 2-1, but lose here, it will come down to:

Tie 5: Vidal vs. Rousseau- If this 5th rubber is live, I'd love to see this on a stream! 50-50 match imo. Mentally I think Rousseau is better than Sajous, but game wise Sajous is better. If it comes down to this 5th rubber, I think Rousseau can take it.

Allez Haiti!

http://www.travelthewholeworld.com/Maps/FlagHaiti.gif

bry17may
04-04-2013, 07:33 PM
This will be a very tight rubber, something else to take into account that after these matches Sebastien Vidal will retire of the tennis, he said that the main reason was the money and his family.

:o I also want stream for this, but the tennis here is not followed for few people, I will try to go the Sunday with a couple of friedn but this isn't sure.

GSMnadal
04-04-2013, 07:56 PM
Can't wait for this one

RIboy
04-04-2013, 07:58 PM
nailbiter

out_here_grindin
04-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Haiti is lucky that Julen Uriguen is busy with college tennis stuff.

The Prince
04-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Tie of the weekend.

nole_no1
04-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Too bad this isn't streamed :(

TigerTim
04-04-2013, 08:27 PM
this tie is why tennis is in a "golden era"

GSMnadal
04-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Makes you wonder about the state of Davis Cup though. If Groove can't even bother to help his country out because he's got bigger fish to fry.

Would've been a done deal otherwise

Chris Kuerten
04-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Great match between contrasting playing styles. Haiti, having only pushing vultures in their team, depend solely on the talented ball strikers of Guatemala for the outcome of this match. All in all, huge chance for Guatemala, they can blow Haiti of the court with their offense, while Haiti can only watch and push the balls back in play. All these factors lead me to believe that Guatemala will win easily here if they're on their game.

5-0 Guatemala.

Chase Visa
04-05-2013, 12:00 AM
JG to play for one of these teams IMO.

Johnny Groove
04-05-2013, 12:29 AM
This will be a very tight rubber, something else to take into account that after these matches Sebastien Vidal will retire of the tennis, he said that the main reason was the money and his family.

:o I also want stream for this, but the tennis here is not followed for few people, I will try to go the Sunday with a couple of friedn but this isn't sure.

Vidal will retire? :o

He is only 10 days younger than me! Has he a wife and child perhaps?

If you do go Sunday, definitely tell us how it went!

Tie of the weekend.

You bet!

Too bad this isn't streamed :(

I know right!

this tie is why tennis is in a "golden era"

Fedalovicray have nothing on this.

Makes you wonder about the state of Davis Cup though. If Groove can't even bother to help his country out because he's got bigger fish to fry.

Would've been a done deal otherwise

:lol: Forget DC, it is all about my Plantation 4.5 this weekend :lol:

In all seriousness, I'd love to play DC for Haiti within the next year or two or three.

Great match between contrasting playing styles. Haiti, having only pushing vultures in their team, depend solely on the talented ball strikers of Guatemala for the outcome of this match. All in all, huge chance for Guatemala, they can blow Haiti of the court with their offense, while Haiti can only watch and push the balls back in play. All these factors lead me to believe that Guatemala will win easily here if they're on their game.

5-0 Guatemala.

No, no surely Sajous will get one tie.

JG to play for one of these teams IMO.

I'd love to play for Haiti in 1-3 years, but if I do, I'll have to switch nationalities, which also means I will take a 30% prize money cut in any American Futures/Challengers I should play. What a raw deal, eh? :mad:

The Prince
04-05-2013, 01:36 AM
Haiti is lucky that Julen Uriguen is busy with college tennis stuff.

Is he a good prospect? :shrug:

CooCooCachoo
04-05-2013, 03:31 AM
Hey genius, you can't have one match be the critical match, and then another where "it all depends".

I'll be rooting for Guatemala.

emotion
04-05-2013, 03:39 AM

5-0 Guatemala.

:lol: :worship:

bry17may
04-05-2013, 05:01 AM
Is he a good prospect? :shrug:

He made Juniors SF's in Australian Open 2009, his highest rank was No.4 or 5, for my country this is a lot, our best player until the moment is Cristohper Díaz.

Johnny Groove
04-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Just as I predicted, although Sajous surprised me by not dropping a set!

Rousseau lost 3-6, 1-6, 1-6, but very good that he was able to avoid bagels.

And Sajous! 7-6(5), 7-5, 6-1, very nice win.

However, the doubles tomorrow is absolutely critical. We GOTTA get it.

Ilovetheblues_86
04-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Good luck Prince.