Where can I see the ranking breakdown of a player at the end of 2012? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Where can I see the ranking breakdown of a player at the end of 2012?

VamosRafaNadal
04-01-2013, 07:17 PM
I want to make statistics about TOP50 players and their ranking points (my idea is to say which % of the ranking points of each player in the TOP50 belong to GS, M1000, ATP500, ATP250, DC, etc.). In other words, I need the ranking breakdown of each player of the TOP50. Well yes, I know that this is available in the ATP website but I want to see how it was when the 2012 season was finished. The ATP web only shows the ranking breakdown of the last week but you can't go further before that. I tried to search a website with this data but I didn't find it.

Do you know any website where I can see the ranking breakdown of each player in the TOP50 as it was at the end of 2012? TOP20-TOP30 is enough. And if it is possible to go to the ranking breakdown at the end of 2011, 2010, etc. it will be super :D

I think that this statistics are funny and interesting because it shows the way a player has earned his ATP points and why is in his ranking position. This can have a link with players that are known by vultures (to know if they really have lot of % of their points out of the GS and M1000 or not) :lol:

Greetings!

caisenma
04-01-2013, 07:37 PM
i like you, vamos. just wanted to say that. unfortunately, i don't have the info that you're looking for.

have a good day.

VamosRafaNadal
04-01-2013, 08:27 PM
i like you, vamos. just wanted to say that. unfortunately, i don't have the info that you're looking for.

have a good day.

Thank you :hug: cute message. Have a good day too and good luck to Canada in the Davis Cup :D This beautiful country deserves success in tennis and in other sports too :)

RIboy
04-01-2013, 08:31 PM
get a life

Mark Lenders
04-01-2013, 08:34 PM
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Press/Year-End-Rankings.aspx

Try this. Have had to use it a few times to counter claims of JMDP's Slam being a fluke by showing the Slam point distribution for 2009 :p I think it has for all years, the only problem might be that it doesn't distinguish 250s from 500s.

amirbachar
04-01-2013, 08:38 PM
This site has also distinction between 500, 250 and challengers, but it includes non-countable tournaments:
http://www.vlmark.szm.com/

VamosRafaNadal
04-03-2013, 08:28 PM
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Press/Year-End-Rankings.aspx

Try this. Have had to use it a few times to counter claims of JMDP's Slam being a fluke by showing the Slam point distribution for 2009 :p I think it has for all years, the only problem might be that it doesn't distinguish 250s from 500s.

Well it is not a big problem. Thank you very much :D

This site has also distinction between 500, 250 and challengers, but it includes non-countable tournaments:
http://www.vlmark.szm.com/

Thank you very much :D It will be useful for sure.

I have all of the data to do it, and I actually showed calculations of this kind once on this site for several years (I hadn't distinguished among different categories of optional results but I could do it), but as the results didn't fit some people's theories, those results were immediately forgotten by them : if that's your goal, it's 100% useless : you just can't convince a donkey, spend your time at something more useful.

I didn't see your post, do you have the link duong :D ? Thank you very much for your message, I like this stuff but if you have made something similar maybe I will make statistics about another thing :)

Mountaindewslave
04-03-2013, 11:42 PM
strange that you are assuming someone already complied this up. it wouldn't take you THAT long though just to take, say the top 100 players, look at their playing activity in a said year (the ATP website has most of the current data up) and just use some mathematics to determine the percentages
what would be the real point though, if you pick any particular player you can do this same thing and within 5 minutes determine if the majority of their ranking points are from small tournaments or big, it's no mystery