Will Gasquet vulture his way to the World Tour Finals? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Will Gasquet vulture his way to the World Tour Finals?

ProdigyEng
04-01-2013, 05:19 PM
Currently 7th in the race, ahead of even Federer.

Will Gasquet be able to vulture enough 250 events to make the season end Finale at the O2, or will his wings be clipped?

Certinfy
04-01-2013, 05:22 PM
No.

Top 8 will be the exact that finished last year.

Surcouf
It's a possibility if he performs better in the big events. Without that, he can do what he wants in the 250's, he won't make it. His Miami run was positive, seeing that he owned 6th ranked in the world -Berdych-, quite easily.

He will need to do much better in the slams and the clay MS to hope staying in that position the whole year. I fear for his clay results, seeing the lack of fitness he displayed against Murray.

Mark Lenders
He can only count six 250 events for his ranking I think so he'd need to go the Ferrer route and vulture 500s with weak fields too, but I don't think he will. He should be in the alternate list again though.

Tag
negative

tsonga and berdych will ensure it doesn't happen

but its not difficult to be ahead of the swiss these days

can't even serve his way to victory anymore

diva in frefall

ProdigyEng
04-01-2013, 05:23 PM
He can only count six 250 events for his ranking I think so he'd need to go the Ferrer route and vulture 500s with weak fields too, but I don't think he will. He should be in the alternate list again though.

Never won a 500 in his career, will that change?

The Prince
04-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Yeah, he'll be there instead of Tsonga.

Mark Lenders
04-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Never won a 500 in his career, will that change?

If he manages to find a 500 without any of the real top 7 or Ferrer in it, then maybe. Even then, it'd be far from a lock though as there are many players who can beat him.

Deathless Mortal
04-01-2013, 05:26 PM
If Tsonga's current form continues it could very well happen, unfortunately.

janko05
04-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Gasquet is not a vulture, otherwise he'd have clinched the no.2 spot long before Murray

Surcouf
04-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Yeah, he'll be there instead of Tsonga.

I would favor him over Tsonga as well. Tsonga is a bigger event player than Gasquet will ever be, but his current level is very low. He will raise it for the slams from times to times, but I don't think he will rack up enough points to qualify.

Gasquet over Tsonga in the end of the year rankings would be my pick.

Tag
04-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Gasquet is not a vulture, otherwise he'd have clinched the no.2 spot long before Murray

murray doesn't vulture lad

keep trying

The Prince
04-01-2013, 05:30 PM
I would like to think Cilic could finish top eight as well. Reckon Nishikori has an outside chance, but that is all but extinguished when one considers the very real threat of his season being curtailed by injury. Almagro needs to put in three or four good performances away from the dirt to get in, and that's assuming he keeps up his excellent form on clay. Gasquet is the top contender from those who didn't make it last year, obviously not counting Nadal who qualified, but was absent.

Trollicki
04-01-2013, 05:35 PM
While his Miami run was nice to see, he will have to deliver in the big events. More precisely - I´d like to see him pass R4 in at least one of the majors this year. One would think that things could fall his way at Wimbledon at least.

ProdigyEng
04-01-2013, 05:35 PM

Never won any thing but a 250 in his career.

Incredible performances from him to win the weak fields in Doha, who had Nadal missing, and Montpellier, where all he did was face lower ranked french men, and Nieminen.

Wonder what weak field 500 he can vulture? Basel if Fed does not play.

Certinfy
04-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Gasquet hasn't reached the quarter-finals of a Grand Slam for almost 6 years.

As long as Tsonga finds some form at a few big events, Gasquet will find it hard to finish a top 8 player.

ProdigyEng
04-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Gasquet hasn't reached the quarter-finals of a Grand Slam for almost 6 years.

As long as Tsonga finds some form at a few big events, Gasquet will find it hard to finish a top 8 player.

What a fall for a once great entertaining player.

Gillouthe best
04-01-2013, 06:22 PM
Gasquet has managed a 295 pts. advantage over Tsonga, and if he does a good clay season he should have a 500+ advantage. The question is if he will keep it up in the 2nd half of the season, whre Jo usually plays better. Almagro has a shot, but a long one, because his SA swing was bad in comparison to other years ( he can get close if he gets a good run in Europe clay).

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

ImmzB
04-01-2013, 06:34 PM
He's put himself in a good position at this stage. Only 1/3 of the season gone so far, a long way to go yet.

We shall see!

Allez Reeshard!!

BauerAlmeida
04-01-2013, 06:40 PM
He played the WTF in 2007, but he had a slam SF that year, don't see that happening this year.

I don't think he will, probably we will have the same 8 players we had last year.

Dark Knight
04-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Not until he learns to hit a flat forehand.

FleetSeb
04-01-2013, 07:00 PM
He played the WTF in 2007, but he had a slam SF that year, don't see that happening this year.

I don't think he will, probably we will have the same 8 players we had last year.

Yeah and he only just got there ahead of Murray despite the fact that Andy missed RG and Wimbledon.

lalaland
04-01-2013, 07:06 PM
Is MTF capable of discussing anything nowadays without using the word vulture?
I miss the old days...

I think Gasquet can reach Top 8 this year, he's much consistent this year than the past few years. I look forward to see him there.

MuzzahLovah
04-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Gasquet and Fed will just make the qualification hurdle as 7th and 8th in the world respectively.

simplet
04-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Can we ban Prodigy already and not wait for his 10 000th post in two weeks? Those 50 posts a day guys always get perma'd anyway, we could save ourselves the pain of reading a few more thousand posts of this drivel.

Newcomer
04-01-2013, 07:54 PM
New Vulture in Chief.
Just like former vulture in chief (Monaco), had reached MS s\f at Miami and has lost to future champion.:haha:

ProdigyEng
04-01-2013, 08:29 PM
Can we ban Prodigy already and not wait for his 10 000th post in two weeks? Those 50 posts a day guys always get perma'd anyway, we could save ourselves the pain of reading a few more thousand posts of this drivel.

Not doing any thing that warrants a ban, in fact I haven't bee infracted for well over a month. Plenty of people telling me I have become a better poster so yeah.

Reported for wishing a ban.

Certinfy
04-01-2013, 08:36 PM
He's 295 points ahead of Tsonga in the race now.

I think his best chance is to build quite a large gap from now to the end of Roland Garros to Tsonga. From Queens onwards I expect even a decent Tsonga to rack up more points till the end of the year.

Can't see both of them making it. Djokovic, Nadal, Murray and Federer (he'll play better), are in another league and Del Potro, Berdych and Ferrer all seem too consistent.

Allez
04-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Gasquet is no Ferrer. Let's get that straight OK? :rolleyes:

janko05
04-01-2013, 10:44 PM

that's the spirit man

T.C
04-01-2013, 11:10 PM
Gasquet has the game to take control of a match, but he had been missing the confidence, so he played 3 miles behind the baseline and got pushed around. With his current winning form, he is gaining confidence and he is starting to play more aggressive tennis. If he keeps it up, I can see him passing Tsonga by year end because he has chances to gain points on clay and grass. Gasquet's skills are more suited to grass; his mentality is more suited to clay.

GSMnadal
04-01-2013, 11:17 PM

'If I'm going down I'm taking everybody with me'

As for the thread, a more interesting question would be if Federer can Basel himself to the World Tour Finals

TigerTim
04-01-2013, 11:25 PM
add Washington, Hamburg, Tokyo and Valencia to his calender should help imo

Ziggy B
04-02-2013, 12:21 AM
Hopefully picks up a 500 title and ends up top 8 this year (ahead of Tsonga more than likely :( )

That backhand is just delicious, the more it's on show the better lol

ProdigyEng
04-02-2013, 12:33 AM
'If I'm going down I'm taking everybody with me'

As for the thread, a more interesting question would be if Federer can Basel himself to the World Tour Finals

Middle ageerer won't play Basel due to IMG fall out, no?

Topspindoctor
04-02-2013, 12:40 AM
No, Gascoke could only make WTF during weak era.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Kyle_Johansen
04-02-2013, 01:15 AM
He is too inconsistent so no.

leng jai
04-02-2013, 01:34 AM
He is too inconsistent so no.

What? Consistency is the thing Gasquet has going for him. It's almost everything else that's the problem.

Sombrerero loco
04-02-2013, 02:10 AM
i hope so :hearts:

Abel
04-02-2013, 02:15 AM
What? Consistency is the thing Gasquet has going for him. It's almost everything else that's the problem.

:haha:

Nole Rules
04-02-2013, 02:30 AM
Gasquet has the game to take control of a match, but he had been missing the confidence, so he played 3 miles behind the baseline and got pushed around. With his current winning form, he is gaining confidence and he is starting to play more aggressive tennis. If he keeps it up, I can see him passing Tsonga by year end because he has chances to gain points on clay and grass. Gasquet's skills are more suited to grass; his mentality is more suited to clay.

Stopped reading there.

delboy
04-02-2013, 02:44 AM
Lets hope not. Tsonga is a much better player, lets hope for the sake of tennis he finds some form and secures the 8th spot.

BackhandDTL
04-02-2013, 03:47 AM
It's impossible to vulture your way into the WTF, to my knowledge.

Only so few 250 and 500 results qualify toward your overall count.

Gasquet's got a few of his locked in, and he would more than likely have to continue to make strong showings in Masters and/or Majors in order to qualify for the WTF, which then negates the vulture premise.

fede37
04-02-2013, 05:23 AM
hopefully!
Come on Richie!

Puschkin
04-02-2013, 07:05 AM
Lets hope not. Tsonga is a much better player.
Top Ten players beaten in 2012 for Tsonga: 1
Top Ten Players beaten in 2012 for Gasquet: 3

Masters Semifinals and Finals since January 2012 Tsonga: 0
Masters Semifinals and Finals since January 2012 Gasquet: 2

In addition, Tsonga reached the Wimby SF only when Nadal crashed out early.

Tournaments played since march 2012 Gasquet: 23
Tournaments played since march 2012 Tsonga: 26
Tournaments played since march 2012 Tipsarevic: 29
Tournaments played since march 2012 Cilic: 24
Tournaments played since march 2012 Almagro: 25
Tournaments played since march 2012 Simon: 26

What a genius this Gasquet, vulturing with the lowest number of tournaments played. :rolleyes:

fedalrock
04-02-2013, 09:49 AM

Tournaments played since march 2012 Gasquet: 23
Tournaments played since march 2012 Tsonga: 26
Tournaments played since march 2012 Tipsarevic: 29
Tournaments played since march 2012 Cilic: 24
Tournaments played since march 2012 Almagro: 25
Tournaments played since march 2012 Simon: 26

What a genius this Gasquet, vulturing with the lowest number of tournaments played. :rolleyes:
:worship:

dencod16
04-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Well at least he can take advantage of weak fields, and unlike Federer doesn't lose to players randomly, I can see him there as Tsonga is actually falling off, though the top 7 is of sure shot to be there. Only he or Tsonga will take the last spot in my opinion. And please stop with this vulturing because everyone is a vulture aside from the top 4.

dencod16
04-02-2013, 12:22 PM
Middle ageerer won't play Basel due to IMG fall out, no?

That is a poor man;s excuse, he just didn;t want to play 3 weeks back-to-back that is why he asked for 2 million appearance fee, knowing the tournament can't afford it, rather than just say i won't play, he is such a wuss.

Certinfy
04-02-2013, 01:08 PM

You're replying to a comment about Tsonga being a much better player with stats only from 2012? :lol:

Why does it matter that Tsonga reached the Wimbledon SF last year because Nadal lost early? Fact is he did, stop making excuses.

Here are some facts for you.

Number of Grand Slam Finals:
Tsonga - 1
Gasquet - 0

Number of Grand Slam Semi-Finals (inc. Finals):
Tsonga - 4
Gasquet - 1

Number of Grand Slam Quarter-Finals (inc. Semis and Finals):
Tsonga - 9
Gasquet - 1

Best result at Australian Open:
Tsonga - Final
Gasquet - Round of 16

Best result at Roland Garros:
Tsonga - Quarter-Final
Gasquet - Round of 16

Best result at Wimbledon:
Tsonga - Semi-Final (x2)
Gasquet - Semi-Final

Best result at US Open:
Tsonga - Quarter-Final
Gasquet - Round of 16

Times qualified for World Tour Finals:
Tsonga - 3
Gasquet - 1

Best result at World Tour Finals:
Tsonga - Final
Gasquet - RR

Career high:
Tsonga - 5
Gasquet - 7

Masters titles:
Tsonga - 1
Gasquet - 0

500 titles:
Tsonga - 1
Gasquet - 0

Current top 5 players beaten at slams:
Tsonga - 5
Gasquet - 0

Career record vs top 10 players:
Tsonga - W28 L49 (.364)
Gasquet - W21 L62 (.253)

Career titles:
Tsonga - 10
Gasquet - 9

I'll stop there.

Pratik
04-02-2013, 01:16 PM
You're replying to a comment about Tsonga being a much better player with stats only from 2012? :lol:

Why does it matter that Tsonga reached the Wimbledon SF last year because Nadal lost early? Fact is he did, stop making excuses.

Tsonga - 1
Gasquet - 0

Tsonga - 4
Gasquet - 1

Tsonga - 9
Gasquet - 1

Tsonga - Final
Gasquet - Round of 16

Tsonga - Quarter-Final
Gasquet - Round of 16

Tsonga - Semi-Final (x2)
Gasquet - Semi-Final

Best result at US Open:
Tsonga - Quarter-Final
Gasquet - Round of 16

Tsonga - 3
Gasquet - 1

Tsonga - Final
Gasquet - RR

Career high:
Tsonga - 5
Gasquet - 7

Masters titles:
Tsonga - 1
Gasquet - 0

500 titles:
Tsonga - 1
Gasquet - 0

Tsonga - 5
Gasquet - 0

Tsonga - W28 L49 (.364)
Gasquet - W21 L62 (.253)

Career titles:
Tsonga - 10
Gasquet - 9

I'll stop there.

Career record does not matter when you are talking about current and future(for WTF) ranking.

GasquetGulbis
04-02-2013, 01:21 PM

Tsonga - 1
Gasquet - 0

Tsonga - 4
Gasquet - 1

Tsonga - 9
Gasquet - 1

Tsonga - Final
Gasquet - Round of 16

Tsonga - Quarter-Final
Gasquet - Round of 16

Tsonga - Semi-Final (x2)
Gasquet - Semi-Final

Best result at US Open:
Tsonga - Quarter-Final
Gasquet - Round of 16

Tsonga - 3
Gasquet - 1

Tsonga - Final
Gasquet - RR

Career high:
Tsonga - 5
Gasquet - 7

Masters titles:
Tsonga - 1
Gasquet - 0

500 titles:
Tsonga - 1
Gasquet - 0

Tsonga - 5
Gasquet - 0

Tsonga - W28 L49 (.364)
Gasquet - W21 L62 (.253)

Career titles:
Tsonga - 10
Gasquet - 9

I'll stop there.

You can't look at his whole career to decide if he's going to be Top 8 this year.

Compare Tsonga's career stats to Lleyton's career stats, Lleytons are much better. But Tsonga has a better chance at making Top 8

Certinfy
04-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Career record does not matter when you are talking about current and future(for WTF) ranking.
Shows he's more capable than Gasquet.

So what, the last 15 months is the only representation of Gasquet being a better player and will make the World Tour Finals because of this?

Tsonga will produce this year and when he does Gasquet's going to have no chance.

You can't look at his whole career to decide if he's going to be Top 8 this year.

Compare Tsonga's career stats to Lleyton's career stats, Lleytons are much better. But Tsonga has a better chance at making Top 8
Did you guys even read the comment Puschkin replied to? :stupid:

It was this:

Lets hope not. Tsonga is a much better player, lets hope for the sake of tennis he finds some form and secures the 8th spot.

Pratik
04-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Shows he's more capable than Gasquet.

So what, the last 15 months is the only representation of Gasquet being a better player and will make the World Tour Finals because of this?

Tsonga will produce this year and when he does Gasquet's going to have no chance.

Did you guys even read the comment Puschkin replied to? :stupid:

It was this:

Not the only representation, but your performance in the last 12 months is a MUCH better indication of who has a better chance to qualify for the WTF compared to career record.

You are the one who is forgetting the context of the thread. You only commented on half of Puschkin's post and are jumping to conclusions as to what he meant. :stupid: He never mentioned anything(at least in that post) in the lines of Gasquet being a better player or having a better career.

Puschkin
04-02-2013, 02:06 PM

Berdych's losses must hurt a lot.

The comment was about being, not having been. I do not deny Tsonga's results from the past.

jcempire
04-02-2013, 02:21 PM
Currently 7th in the race, ahead of even Federer.

Will Gasquet be able to vulture enough 250 events to make the season end Finale at the O2, or will his wings be clipped?

yes he will

I go with you

Certinfy
04-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Not the only representation, but your performance in the last 12 months is a MUCH better indication of who has a better chance to qualify for the WTF compared to career record.

You are the one who is forgetting the context of the thread. You only commented on half of Puschkin's post and are jumping to conclusions as to what he meant. :stupid: He never mentioned anything(at least in that post) in the lines of Gasquet being a better player or having a better career.So looking at the past 12 months form you would think Gasquet would have made London last year instead of Tsonga? Oh wait...

Berdych's losses must hurt a lot.

The comment was about being, not having been. I do not deny Tsonga's results from the past.
They hurt but at least he's achieved more than Gasquet, must suck supporting a player who can't even make a Grand Slam Quarter-Final anymore.

Tsonga IS the better player. There's a reason he's not only achieved more in his career, but is also higher ranked at this moment in time.

Can't wait till Tsonga finds some form, will bookmark this thread for when he qualifies for London instead of Gasquet.

Some stats you've shown, even with most of those stats favouring Gasquet it was still Tsonga who made London last year. :lol:

Puschkin
04-02-2013, 03:14 PM
They hurt but at least he's achieved more than Gasquet, must suck supporting a player who can't even make a Grand Slam Quarter-Final anymore.
:haha: Your memory is quite short-lived, isn't it? Take a look at post 39. And don't worry, I am perfectly fine with being Richard's fan.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=11722535&highlight=#post11722535

Certinfy
04-02-2013, 03:19 PM
:haha: Your memory is quite short-lived, isn't it? Take a look it post 39.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=11722535&highlight=#post11722535
How?

I'm not a fan of Gasquet, but I would like him to make a Grand Slam QF again and have a good year, doesn't change the fact that he doesn't seem capable of making another GS QF though.

No idea what you're on about.

Pratik
04-02-2013, 04:03 PM
So looking at the past 12 months form you would think Gasquet would have made London last year instead of Tsonga? Oh wait...

No. Looking at the past 12 months and current form I think it is a distinct possibility that Richie will make London this year instead of Tsonga.

Sanya
04-02-2013, 06:50 PM
No. Looking at the past 12 months and current form I think it is a distinct possibility that Richie will make London this year instead of Tsonga.

Gasquet can go even further. Berdych had amazing start of the year as well, but he said himself that he is already extremelly tired. Delpo is injury prone. I don`t like the way David is playing this year despite results and so on. Gasquet improved his fitness a lot actually and only his court position is the real problem. I think he can go as far as #5 very realistically.

Mark Lenders
04-02-2013, 06:53 PM
Gasquet can go even further. Berdych had amazing start of the year as well, but he said himself that he is already extremelly tired. Delpo is injury prone. I don`t like the way David is playing this year despite results and so on. Gasquet improved his fitness a lot actually and only his court position is the real problem. I think he can go as far as #5 very realistically.

Berdych is tired now, you do know he's going to get some rest and come back, right? Del Potro is injury prone but even playing a lot of tournaments through injury is enough to do better than Gasquet. I'd eat my hat if Gasquet ever became #5 in the rankings, I suppose he could go the Ferrer route and vulture every vulturable tournament in existance, but he doesn't have the fitness to do it unlike Ferrer so fat chance of that.

Certinfy
04-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Berdych is tired now, you do know he's going to get some rest and come back, right? Del Potro is injury prone but even playing a lot of tournaments through injury is enough to do better than Gasquet. I'd eat my hat if Gasquet ever became #5 in the rankings, I suppose he could go the Ferrer route and vulture every vulturable tournament in existance, but he doesn't have the fitness to do it unlike Ferrer so fat chance of that.
Lenders saving me time as I would have just written the same thing.

No way Gasquet ever improves on his career high of 7, if he does I'll become a Gasquet fan for the rest of the year he achieves it in.

Pratik
04-02-2013, 07:52 PM

I agree with the fitness point, but I think he still has a long way to go. Till that happens, he is not going to get the confidence he needs to play well against the top players. Only when he does get that confidence(I am hoping it is a when and not an if) will his court positioning improve. Frankly, I think his fitness although improved isn't anywhere near the level it needs to be for him to reach top 5. I'm pretty sure that he will reach #8 at some point this year, but the point is whether or not he will be able to keep it till the year end. Given Tsonga's form, it is a possibility, but it won't be easy.

I agree with the implied point Lenders makes(:drink: :p). Getting ahead of Berydch or Del Potro will need something much more from Richie than what we are seeing right now. Top 5 is a whole another mountain to climb. He definitely has what it takes(we have been saying that for the past 6-8 years) to do that, but I don't think he will be able to reach that level mentally and in terms of fitness this year. But, there's always hope right? I will admit that I was guilty of thinking that Richie would never reach the top 10 again. Here's hoping that he proves me wrong again.

@Lenders: If and when Gasquet reaches #5, your post would be the first one to make my sig :p

I'd eat my hat if Gasquet ever became #5 in the rankings

ProdigyEng
06-18-2013, 06:16 PM
9th in the race, Gasquet needs to step up his vulturing.

Kyle_Johansen
06-18-2013, 07:42 PM
Simply, no. He would need some really great results.

madmax
06-18-2013, 07:59 PM
would be great, since I love watching his elegant, although underpowered, game. He is a case of a player born in a wrong era for sure

ProdigyEng
04-21-2014, 10:12 PM
So this year Wawrinka has already made more points than Gasquet made all of last year. Proof that Gasquet vultured to the WTF's;

redshift36188
04-21-2014, 10:34 PM
So this year Wawrinka has already made more points than Gasquet made all of last year. Proof that Gasquet vultured to the WTF's;
Everybody knows he made WTF because of Tsonga's injury. Nothing to see here.

Mjau!
04-21-2014, 10:38 PM
I hope so! Richie is the aesthetic world #1 and deserves to be in the WTF. :yeah:

Pratik
04-21-2014, 10:43 PM

IMO, this is the wrong comparison. When talking about "vulturing ones way to the WTF", the player should be compared with players ranked just below him, who were not in the WTF. Compared to the players ranked below him, Gasquet performed much better at the bigger tournaments. The percentage of his points from Slams and Slams+MS were much higher than those below him(iirc).

If another player had significantly(or even slightly) better results at the big tournaments than Gasquet, but Gasquet qualified because of more points in smaller tournaments then it could be called vulturing his way to the WTF. That didn't happen.

Newcomer
04-21-2014, 11:05 PM
I hope so! Richie is the aesthetic world #1 and deserves to be in the WTF. :yeah:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm15ttjYT41qa9yvvo1_400.gif

Tag
04-22-2014, 05:11 AM
Tremendous ruins in here

Much like Gassquet's career so far

zjtennis
04-22-2014, 06:02 AM
For now Gasquet is in kind of a relative rut. Even with the change of coach, I wonder why he seems to have a rough start this year -- I think he has an injury lately? With only 570 points I think he is in tough competition by the likes of Raonic, Dimitrov, hey even Dolgopolov going into RG.

Mjau!
04-22-2014, 04:27 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm15ttjYT41qa9yvvo1_400.gif

Aesthetics are important. When we experience beauty in a remarkable landscape; a splendid sunset; an extraordinary work of art or a Richard Gasquet backhand, we are transformed by our experience. We feel uplifted, removed from the daily grind of life and in spiritual unity with something infinitely greater than ourselves.

Pratik
04-22-2014, 04:40 PM
Aesthetics are important. When we experience beauty in a remarkable landscape; a splendid sunset; an extraordinary work of art or a Richard Gasquet backhand, we are transformed by our experience. We feel uplifted, removed from the daily grind of life and in spiritual unity with something infinitely greater than ourselves.

:worship:

Newcomer
04-22-2014, 04:41 PM

Aesthetics=/= overrated moonballing pushing clown with no forehand, serve and return. :wavey:

TigerTim
04-22-2014, 05:06 PM
how is Gasquet good on the eye

he looks like a oversized toad hobbling around the court with a pathetic lame attempt at some form of chic in the form of the classic reverse cap that he has stained the image of. Not only that but his "forehand" in the modern game is akin to bringing a dagger to a WW1 pitched battle.

He stands so far behind the baseline in order to fire up his backhand that he is practically in the stands, then again is performances are so poor vs. the very first decent player he comes across in draws that he might as well spectate than play, the result would be just as nid

Lestat
04-22-2014, 05:24 PM
Nishitkori, Mugic, Gascoke... there are many threat around, at least one of these will vulture the whole road to WTF.

Tag
04-22-2014, 05:49 PM
how is Gasquet good on the eye

he looks like a oversized toad hobbling around the court with a pathetic lame attempt at some form of chic in the form of the classic reverse cap that he has stained the image of. Not only that but his "forehand" in the modern game is akin to bringing a dagger to a WW1 pitched battle.

He stands so far behind the baseline in order to fire up his backhand that he is practically in the stands, then again is performances are so poor vs. the very first decent player he comes across in draws that he might as well spectate than play, the result would be just as nid

You must spread some reputation around...etcs

Mjau!
04-22-2014, 06:15 PM
Gasquet's backhand is the most aesthetically perfect shot in tennis. And I'm sorry that you're too limited to see.

Lestat
04-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Gasquet's backhand is the most aesthetically perfect shot in tennis. And I'm sorry that you're too limited to see.

thats Wawrinka and he won a GS with that shot.

Gascoke's game is so poor that will never win anything worthy with only one shot.

Try harder.

Tag
04-22-2014, 07:01 PM
Nishitkori, Mugic, Gascoke... there are many threat around, at least one of these will vulture the whole road to WTF.

Mugic at the World Toast Finals :scared: :eek: