Where will Jerzy Janowicz be ranked on 4/11/2013? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Where will Jerzy Janowicz be ranked on 4/11/2013?

Federer in 2
04-01-2013, 12:11 PM
After his Paris points drop. That's 625 points, not far from 50% of his total points.

Since he reached Paris final he was part of the top 30 (currently at 24). His new ranking allows him to be seeded for almost every tournament, hence his draws are more comfortable than before.
Pretty safe to assume that he will not reach the final in Bercy again this year, so from November 2012 he basically had 12 months to build on his high ranking position and rack up wins and ranking points to ensure a nice position even after those 625 points drop.

So far I guess he is doing pretty much alright, but nothing special really. I'd like to see him stay at a relevant position after Bercy, and not have a dramatic fall.

What do you ppl think? Will he have a significant escalation in his ranking?

Slasher1985
04-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Well, he is now 75th in the Race. You can start building on the conclusion from this.:D

Rik.
04-01-2013, 12:23 PM
Around #60 I think

BroTree123
04-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Low enough to be back on the challenger circuit, where he belongs.

ProdigyEng
04-01-2013, 12:49 PM
I think he'll sustain his ranking. We're only a couple of months into the season, and I think he will win Basel or something at the end of the season, with ease.

Fed fordawin
04-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Around 40. He'll have a few ATP 250 decent runs.

The Prince
04-01-2013, 01:16 PM
The race doesn't lie, and he's already missed out on lots of points from indoor events.

I reckon he'll be lucky to be top 70 by the end of the year.

n8
04-01-2013, 01:23 PM
Similar situation to Tomic.

Bernard simply never wins more than two matches in an event that is non grass and outside Australia. But the big points he gets from grass and/or Australian tournaments (along with other 'scraps') is enough to maintain a decent ranking.

I believe Janowicz will do enough in the next 7 months to remain on the main tour (like Tomic did after his 2011 Wimbledon run).

ProdigyEng
04-01-2013, 01:31 PM
The race doesn't lie, and he's already missed out on lots of points from indoor events.

I reckon he'll be lucky to be top 70 by the end of the year.

You do realize that there's 6-7 months left in the season yet, right?

Alex999
04-01-2013, 01:56 PM
and you realize you need to have 'some skills' to win. sorry I just have to annoy you about Jan. I'm pretty sure he is going nowhere.

Jan and Tomic should become the best friends ;). it's like 2 women talking about nothing. one wants to be the best of 'all time', the other one is BS about players who are so much more 'qualified' then him. I can only laugh :lol:.

I'm thinking right now and I can't decide who is more immature (stupid) ... oh well :)

ProdigyEng
04-01-2013, 02:02 PM
and you realize you need to have 'some skills' to win. sorry I just have to annoy you about Jan. I'm pretty sure he is going nowhere.

Jan and Tomic should become the best friends ;). it's like 2 women talking about nothing. one wants to be the best of 'all time', the other one is BS about players who are so much more 'qualified' then him. I can only laugh :lol:.

I'm thinking right now and I can't decide who is more immature (stupid) ... oh well :)

It's funny, because you used to be a Tomic fan.

No doubt when Tomic wins Sydney again, and makes the 3rd round of the AO, you will be right back on the tomwaggon.

Make your mind up.

Alex999
04-01-2013, 02:25 PM
It's funny, because you used to be a Tomic fan.

No doubt when Tomic wins Sydney again, and makes the 3rd round of the AO, you will be right back on the tomwaggon.

Make your mind up.
me being a Tomic fan is less likely than me be the Queen of England. To be honest with you I have never disliked any tennis players like Tomic and Jan. I guess I like modest people. I'll never warm up to them. Talk with your racquet, not with your mouth. it's that simple :)

Rychu
04-01-2013, 03:04 PM
Anywhere from 30th to 50th place depending on his Slam, and Masters runs. He can have one or two decent ones( like 4h round at Slam and 4th or QF in Masters) and his ranking is pretty much safe.

BauerAlmeida
04-01-2013, 04:35 PM
He will end the year around #30.

ProdigyEng
04-01-2013, 04:36 PM
He will end the year around #30.

I agree.

Dougie
04-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Considering his best result this year is the QF at Marseille and he probably won´t be improving much during the clay season, it´s safe to say the first half of the year won´t be a big success for him. He´ll be lucky to finish the year in the top 50, I´d say.

dencod16
04-01-2013, 04:47 PM
More of top 50 maybe, don;t see him to be top 30.

The Prince
04-01-2013, 05:41 PM

Right, but that's true for everyone.

He's #75 in the race, don't see him improving that until October, when the indoor season comes around.

ProdigyEng
04-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Right, but that's true for everyone.

He's #75 in the race, don't see him improving that until October, when the indoor season comes around.
Your opinion.

I think he will at least make a QF in one of the slams, either Wimbledon, or the USO, as well as a 250 win, and maybe a Basel win, if he enters.

If he doesn't, I will hold my hands up and admit I was wrong.

But I have confidence in him, and will enjoy watching him no matter what. The most interesting player out of the young guns.

Looner
04-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Close to the top 40 because he'll use the Paris points to sustain his ranking. If he doesn't, it'll be a real disappointment. He should aim for a seed at the 2014 AO.

JurajCrane
04-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Around 50th place. He may have some good result in particular tournaments, but not good enough to cover up Paris final.

Gillouthe best
04-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Tough to say, because he's unpredictable, but I will guess around #30. I think he will get a run in Cincy or even in clay (Madrid if things fall into place).

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Dark Knight
04-01-2013, 06:43 PM
#40 to be fair.

fedalrock
04-01-2013, 06:54 PM
around #40 tbh. He'll probably have a decent run at a slam this year,4th round or a quarter and maybe a 250/500 tournament final.
He won't drop that much in rankings.

TigerTim
04-01-2013, 06:57 PM

Topspindoctor
04-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Outside top 100

The Prince
04-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Outside top 100

Doesn't look like such a bad prediction, especially by your standards.

You'll be closer than the people who say top 30, at least.

Certinfy
04-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Can't see him being top 25 but top 50 seems reasonable.

Mark Lenders
04-01-2013, 08:53 PM
People here are underestimting how protective the seeding system is in tennis - you can hold a ranking place without playing to that level for ages and even be ranked ahead of people who are better than you: remember Djokovic not beating any top 10 players for like a year but remaining in the top 4 ahead of players who were notching bigger wins around 2009 and 2010? Djokovic kept his ranking simply by virtue of facing top 10 players later in draws than anyone below #4 and therefore not needing to beat them.

It does not matter if Janowicz's current level is top 30, by virtue of being top 30 he'll have some very good runs simply by virtue of very kind draws. I say he will end up ranked roughly in the same place he is now. At AO, he beat Bolelli and Devvarman and found himself in round 3, that's 90 points, almost 1/6 of the points he got in Paris. In another Slam where by virtue of an upset/injury/poor form he gets an easier R3 opponent, it might be 180 points. He will also be seeded in like every 250/500 he enters.

Mountaindewslave
04-01-2013, 08:56 PM
probably 31-45, even with nice draws due to his inflated ranking I doubt he'll do enough damage
however, people do forget that he certainly does have the tools to do some surprising damage during the very short grass season

Newcomer
04-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Hard to predict. But i'm sure he can play decently on clay, not only at IHC.
His movement for his height is OK, drop shots on clay are much more effective than on HC plus additional shot time and high bounce are other advantages of clay for big guys. At "fast clay" or at rainy\cloudly weather JJ will be danger.
So, he just need few decent runs to keep his place.

Timot
04-02-2013, 02:17 PM
After JJ's Paris run I thought that his main plan for the next season was to stabilize his position. Excluding hurricane in Auckland, he won 7 ot of 9 matches against lower ranked players so he's generally doing what I hoped for. I'm only disappointed about his behavior, which is sometimes different than in Paris and could have cost him a lot of points.

So why is his Race position so low? Few reasons:

1. He played only 11 matches this year!
I Exclude 2 Davis Cup matches for which he won't get any points. It's obvious that when European season starts in April he'll play much more having a lot more chances to gain points.

2. He didn't play any easy tournaments where he could get easy points.
His only 250 event he played (Marseille), apart from Auckland's hurricane, was absurdly packed with 5 top 10 players! By comparison, Tomic won a 250 event with no top 10 players. With his Marseille form he would have probably won it if there weren't any top 10 guys: he straight-setted Rosol, straight-setted Benneteau (who had crashed Fed few days before) and lost to Berdych in a quite close 3-setter with both players playing remarkable tennis. With lots of clay 250 events in Europe with poor draws, he can take advantage of that. Especially as he grew up on clay and all his 3 challengers he won last year were on clay.

3. Whenever he reached the stage of the tournament where he wasn't guaranteed to have a lower ranked guy against him, he always met a guy ranked 11 or higher in the world.
Could be worse if he met top 4 guys, but it's a fact he didn't have luck in these draws. He's still not good enough to beat those guys consistently so probably with more lucky draws in the future he'll be able to go further.

4. In some matches he couldn't keep his nerves and got too sensitive over umpire's or crowd's behavior.
That probably cost him 2 sets against Davverman and a match against Bellucci. He had his Paris run also due to his great calmness and concentration throughout the matches. No matter what the crowd doing (like cheering after his service faults against Simon) he kept calm and concentrated. Whether he regains it or not, is yet to be seen, but I think his calm coach will try to do it.

So I expect him to keep his position in top 30 at the end of season.

jcempire
04-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Top 30

maybe even better

mooncreek
04-02-2013, 06:45 PM
The only non-challenger event Jerzy has a lot of points from is 3R (+ qualifying) Wimbledon. This means that he has a lot of points he won't likely be defending. It's tough to see him even staying in the Top 60.

born_on_clay
04-02-2013, 07:06 PM
top ten I hope :)

Moozza
04-02-2013, 07:14 PM
top ten I hope :)

Not a chance.

Hypnotize
04-02-2013, 07:40 PM
It's not just the Paris points he has to defend, he also has 250 points from the three challengers he won last year and he's not going to get such easy draws in ATP tournaments. On the plus side, he has virtually n points to defend at RG and US Open so he will need to pick up some points at those events to keep his ranking.

I can see him finishing the year at around #40.

T.C
04-02-2013, 10:25 PM
the guy who breaks through always does well his first year because the main draw players don't know him. janowicz will have to prove himself in his sophomore year when players would already know his game. right now, it's pretty much all upside for him: not a lot of points to defend and seeded in tournaments. with 1 or 2 wins each he can rack up enough points to cover Paris. i say he stays in top 40. it's 2014 when he has to worry.

Kyle_Johansen
04-03-2013, 12:02 AM
He won't fall that much. If he has a good summer and good results in Slams he'll be fine.

Chase Visa
04-03-2013, 01:07 AM
Around #40 probably. Will have a few good results.

Topspindoctor
04-03-2013, 04:27 AM
Why do people even care about this useless mug? It's not like he's even an exciting prospect for slams... yet another run of the mill mindless ball basher with no game.

vpmrosulate
04-03-2013, 05:26 AM
I think he'll sustain his ranking. We're only a couple of months into the season, and I think he will win Basel or something at the end of the season, with ease.

Win Basel? Who do you think he'll face in the finals?

PorkBarrel
04-03-2013, 06:34 AM
Just inside the top 50. I'm going with #48.

latso
04-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Around 40. He'll have a few ATP 250 decent runs.
This

ProdigyEng
04-03-2013, 03:01 PM
Win Basel? Who do you think he'll face in the finals?

Not sure, no idea who's playing.

No Fed there, and probably no Djokovic or Murray either.

ProdigyEng
04-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Why do people even care about this useless mug? It's not like he's even an exciting prospect for slams... yet another run of the mill mindless ball basher with no game.

You care so much that you've posted in this thread...

Kyle_Johansen
04-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Not sure, no idea who's playing.

No Fed there, and probably no Djokovic or Murray either.

I think Fed will be there. If he isn't though, Delpo will be there.

ProdigyEng
04-03-2013, 09:13 PM
I think Fed will be there. If he isn't though, Delpo will be there.

Delpo will be there no matter what. But Fed is one to plan in advance isn't he? Surely if he was gonna play Basel he'd of commited.

Kyle_Johansen
04-03-2013, 09:53 PM
Delpo will be there no matter what. But Fed is one to plan in advance isn't he? Surely if he was gonna play Basel he'd of commited.

There's been trouble with the tournament owner from what I've read. If it will get worked out, it will over the summer I'm sure. As a Fed fan though I wouldn't be opposed to his schedule being Shanghai, Paris, and the WTF.

Murray=God
07-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Bump

GS semi final points guranteed, possibly even final points though that's unlikely. I'm thinking 15-20 is roughly what his ranking will be on said date now.

Julián Santiago
07-03-2013, 10:02 PM
He almost secured a top 20 spot

Rychu
07-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Yeah he is 15-20 in the race right now. Should be top 20 by the end of the year.

ogbg
07-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Hopefully top 10

Federer in 2
11-04-2013, 06:38 AM
#21.

Well, the Wimbledon semi didn't leave much room for debate. Credit to those who picked top 30.

However, if it wasn't for his big Wimbledon run, he would have been ranked around #40-45 probably. Good year for Jerzy, but still inconsistent.

zjtennis
11-04-2013, 07:08 AM
#21.

Well, the Wimbledon semi didn't leave much room for debate. Credit to those who picked top 30.

However, if it wasn't for his big Wimbledon run, he would have been ranked around #40-45 probably. Good year for Jerzy, but still inconsistent.

Yup, he is still quite inconsistent. Kinda good year in important moments though - beat 2 Top 10 opponents in Rome going to the Quarterfinals and at least reached the 3rd Round in Slams (except that dreaded USO match). He did have surgery though in the last parts of the season (although he seemed to have recovered a little) so we still have to wait when he could be 100% to see his full potential IMO.

Pawcio765
11-04-2013, 07:58 AM
That was a breakthrough year for him. He has been seeded in many tournaments so it's nearly impossible not to gain from that. Even though he lost some matches with random mugs here and there, he also managed to beat other random people. So he gained some points + of course he took advantage from Nadal and Federer's flops at Wimbledon.

It's hard to get to the top but if you manage to breakthrough it's quite impossible not to gain a lot of points as a seeded player.

Puschkin
11-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Yup, he is still quite inconsistent. Kinda good year in important moments though - beat 2 Top 10 opponents in Rome
.........by cheating and with the help of a useless umpire :rolleyes:

Chase Visa
11-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Got lucky at Wimbledon afaic.

Still showing a shit load of promise though.

alioth
11-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Yup, he is still quite inconsistent. Kinda good year in important moments though - beat 2 Top 10 opponents in Rome going to the Quarterfinals and at least reached the 3rd Round in Slams (except that dreaded USO match). He did have surgery though in the last parts of the season (although he seemed to have recovered a little) so we still have to wait when he could be 100% to see his full potential IMO.

:confused: I don't think he had surgery.

21 is good, but it could have been better without injury.
This year was full of lessons so i hope next year will be better for him. :cheerleader:

alioth
11-04-2013, 02:31 PM
.........by cheating and with the help of a useless umpire :rolleyes:

I was about to say somethin then i saw you signature, so i understand your bitterness, but it´s fair to say that Richard also cheat in that match.