Monaco [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Monaco

Tag
04-01-2013, 02:09 AM
where does he go from here?

his form this year has been in free-fall

edit: first round after first round exit

there's no chance he's winning anything on european clay, and he didn't repeat last year's miami run...

so...where does he go from here?

Mark Lenders
04-01-2013, 02:11 AM
Epic thread title :yeah:

Henry Chinaski
04-01-2013, 02:11 AM
final in chile? doubles you mean?

Tag
04-01-2013, 02:12 AM
final in chile? doubles you mean?

yeah, got mixed up

i read it back and thought, hang on, that's not right, wasn't it zeballos & nadal...

anyway, what's your take on things?

Tag
04-01-2013, 02:13 AM
Epic thread title :yeah:

ta

you aren't too keen on monaco, but what's your thoughts?

Johnny Groove
04-01-2013, 02:13 AM
Copa Davis :shrug:

Tag
04-01-2013, 02:16 AM
Copa Davis :shrug:

says it all, no?

almost as bad as troicki :shrug:

Henry Chinaski
04-01-2013, 02:21 AM
yeah, got mixed up

i read it back and thought, hang on, that's not right, wasn't it zeballos & nadal...

anyway, what's your take on things?

I think he's been carrying a few injuries, lost all confidence and given that he has pretty much no game he needs to be physically and mentally perfect to compete at this level.

unless he gets some kind draws on clay, things will get worse before they get better.

bear in mind though that he's been grossly over-ranked. 25-40 is more like his true level and that's being quite kind so part of the story is that he is simply returning to that.

Tag
04-01-2013, 02:24 AM
I think he's been carrying a few injuries, lost all confidence and given that he has pretty much no game he needs to be physically and mentally perfect to compete at this level.

unless he gets some kind draws on clay, things will get worse before they get better.

bear in mind though that he's been grossly over-ranked. 25-40 is more like his true level and that's being quite kind so part of the story is that he is simply returning to that.

fair points

his points come almost exclusively on clay, would not be surprised to see him drop to 50 odds? mind you, when players can play challengers and be ranked in the top 100...he should be ok

he does get an enormous amount of hate though

Matt01
04-01-2013, 02:38 AM

Hmm...no.

I agree with the part about injuries and confidance, though.

ProdigyEng
04-01-2013, 02:41 AM
Vintage.

Tag.

<3.

rocketassist
04-01-2013, 03:23 AM
I see he's playing Houston straight after his DC commitments for Argentina in Buenos Aires. Then again I suppose he needs to get his vulturing campaign back on track.

delboy
04-01-2013, 03:30 AM
obscurity. unless you are nadal in which case he prob gets good money for keeping dulls bed warm.

Gillouthe best
04-01-2013, 12:33 PM
I think he will be allright by RG. He's not coming back to Top-10 but I think he can be. a solid Top-30 with some nice runs on clay.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

BroTree123
04-01-2013, 12:34 PM
Will win Wimbledon.

dencod16
04-01-2013, 01:27 PM
His decision to play with a hand injury really hurt him. He should have skipped the whole south American swing and Australian Open, he decision to play was more of for his friends than for him. He is in free fall, he needs to pick things up quick, at least it's Davis Cup where his only wins came from.

Tag
04-01-2013, 05:14 PM
I see he's playing Houston straight after his DC commitments for Argentina in Buenos Aires. Then again I suppose he needs to get his vulturing campaign back on track.

well, no top player plays houston do they?

isner and querrey certainly aren't top players...

obscurity. unless you are nadal in which case he prob gets good money for keeping dulls bed warm.

lol

I think he will be allright by RG. He's not coming back to Top-10 but I think he can be. a solid Top-30 with some nice runs on clay.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

do-able. i think QF at clay masters is his maximum...just does not have the weapons

Will win Wimbledon.

negative

wimbledon is going to the tradesman

the highlander will dismantle everyone

His decision to play with a hand injury really hurt him. He should have skipped the whole south American swing and Australian Open, he decision to play was more of for his friends than for him. He is in free fall, he needs to pick things up quick, at least it's Davis Cup where his only wins came from.

if he really was injured, he would not have stepped on court?

5 first round exits is terrible, but...

if he really was that badly injured, why risk it?

TigerTim
04-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Looking forward to the Masters, begins on the 13th no?

ProdigyEng
04-01-2013, 05:57 PM
Monaco has lost 5 first rounds in a row?

This reminds me of a certain USTA product right off the factory line.

Donald Young must be worried now.