Toronto/Montreal Masters [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Toronto/Montreal Masters

TBkeeper
03-30-2013, 11:38 AM
Which one of the two places where roger's cup is held at you like more ?
What are the conditions of play at both places ? Which one is a mug event and which one is not :D

Brit Tennis Fan
03-30-2013, 11:56 AM
Dumb thread. The Rogers Cup is a good event regardless of which of these venues it is played at.

Newcomer
03-30-2013, 11:59 AM
Montreal, coz Noserer is a mug there.

rocketassist
03-30-2013, 12:05 PM
Toronto has better tennis IMO

70-68
03-30-2013, 12:08 PM
The two courts are almost similar, both are medium paced, faster than IW/Miami, slower than Cincinnitti. For some reason I like Toronto more, becuase the stadium has a little bit nicer atmosphere. But there is not much difference between the two locations really :shrug:

rocketassist
03-30-2013, 12:09 PM
I think Toronto is a bit faster.

TBkeeper
03-30-2013, 12:09 PM
The two courts are almost similar, both are medium paced, faster than IW/Miami, slower than Cincinnitti. For some reason I like Toronto more, becuase the stadium has a little bit nicer atmosphere. But there is not much difference between the to locations really :shrug:

Thanks that's what i call contribution to the thread :) unlike the first replier :rolleyes:

TBkeeper
03-30-2013, 12:10 PM

+1 I think it is a bit faster but higher-bouncing dunno :confused: I kinda like Toronto more

70-68
03-30-2013, 12:22 PM

+1 I think it is a bit faster but higher-bouncing dunno :confused: I kinda like Toronto more

I'm not sure if Toronto is faster, but I agree the bounce looks a bit higher there.

BroTree123
03-30-2013, 12:37 PM
I guess I like the echo of the ballstriking sounds in Toronto. Other than that, who gives a shit.

Snowwy
03-30-2013, 12:49 PM
I like Montreal more because I go when its there, otherwise, to me there is not a lot of difference.

myrt
03-30-2013, 01:12 PM
I'v been going to Cincy for the last seven years, but this year I'm headed to Montreal. I would love to hear from any of you who know Montreal and can give me some tips on the tournament and fun things to do if the rain comes.

STUHL
03-30-2013, 04:23 PM
I like Toronto more. Don't know why.

Noleta
03-30-2013, 06:17 PM
Montreal.:)

Kat_YYZ
03-30-2013, 08:15 PM
I haven't been to the Montreal tourney, but I have been to Montreal. Great city. :yeah:

I just know that according to the Cincinnati tournament's website, you can get a package that gives you tickets to ALL sessions (from R1 to the final) with pretty good seats, for $725. To get the equivalent in Toronto is about double that. And Montreal is not far behind in expense.

If you just want to see a few matches it's one thing. But last year I calculated that it would cost the same for me to buy the full series package in Cincy, drive there (and pay gas costs), stay in a economy hotel for the week (like Super8) -- as it would cost to buy tickets to all sessions in Toronto (where I live and don't have hotel/travel expenses). :eek: :mad:

ProdigyEng
03-30-2013, 08:16 PM
I haven't been to the Montreal tourney, but I have been to Montreal. Great city. :yeah:

I just know that according to the Cincinnati tournament's website, you can get a package that gives you tickets to ALL sessions (from R1 to the final) with pretty good seats, for $725. To get the equivalent in Toronto is about double that. And Montreal is not far behind in expense.

If you just want to see a few matches it's one thing. But last year I calculated that it would cost the same for me to buy the full series package in Cincy, drive there (and pay gas costs), stay in a economy hotel for the week (like Super8) -- as it would cost to buy tickets to all sessions in Toronto (where I live and don't have hotel/travel expenses). :eek: :mad:

That's pretty disgraceful.

Mr. Oracle
03-30-2013, 08:35 PM

SOunds like a good deal considering how much tickets are to see a single leafs or canadiens game these days :mad:. I see you resisted the urge to compare the world class cities of toronto and montreal with cincy. Classy. I don't think I could restrain myself. I usually do the single day outings in T.O. Maybe we can do the full series package together (separate beds of course :lol:) and drive out to paris lite (Montreal).

Snowwy
03-30-2013, 08:37 PM
That's pretty disgraceful.

Why is that disgraceful, I always believed that the Canadian masters event did very well for attendance.

ProdigyEng
03-30-2013, 08:49 PM
Why is that disgraceful, I always believed that the Canadian masters event did very well for attendance.

Well based off what Kat said, she could probably see the entire Paris Masters event for a similar cost as going to the event in here home City.

I was looking at Paris Masters prices the other day and it was only 84 euros for the final 4 days, sat in the upper tear. I know Paris can be quite a tank fest but if you're a more of a Tennis fan rather than a player tard and you don't mind who is playing, that's pretty damn good value.

Kat_YYZ
03-30-2013, 08:51 PM
SOunds like a good deal considering how much tickets are to see a single leafs or canadiens game these days :mad:. I see you resisted the urge to compare the world class cities of toronto and montreal with cincy. Classy. I don't think I could restrain myself. I usually do the single day outings in T.O. Maybe we can do the full series package together (separate beds of course :lol:) and drive out to paris lite (Montreal).

I'm sure from a 'general vacation' point of view, there's more to do in TO or MTL than Cincy. :lol: But if you're just interested in the tennis and will only do a few things away from it, then it's something to consider.

I have to fill in for a vacationing co-worker during the Rogers Cup week, so I've already given up on going to Montreal this summer. :( Well, still some months to go until August.... maybe I'll win the lottery and quit my job! :p

Kat_YYZ
03-30-2013, 08:58 PM

It's disgraceful because they are charging double for the same "product" as Cincy. Canadians are constantly paying more for things than Americans (hence cross-border shopping, which I don't participate in). I don't mind when the costs have something to do with our social services, but this is just profit.

And we are way overcharged for sports in Toronto -- don't expect that to change now that they are all owned by one company (which also provides my TV/internet. maybe they are reading this :scared: if you don't see me post for a few days... it means they cut me off!).

But sure, if people are willing to pay, why not take their money? :lol:
I find Blue Jays tickets are not so expensive as hockey tickets (even though they actually won a championship in the last 25 years). A few years of a two-thirds empty stadium does wonders, no? ;)

Snowwy
03-30-2013, 09:00 PM
It's disgraceful because they are charging double for the same "product" as Cincy. Canadians are constantly paying more for things than Americans (hence cross-border shopping, which I don't participate in). I don't mind when the costs have something to do with our social services, but this is just profit.

And we are way overcharged for sports in Toronto -- don't expect that to change now that they are all owned by one company (which also provides my TV/internet. maybe they are reading this :scared: if you don't see me post for a few days... it means they cut me off!).

But sure, if people are willing to pay, why not take their money? :lol:
I find Blue Jays tickets are not so expensive as hockey tickets (even though they actually won a championship in the last 25 years). A few years of a two-thirds empty stadium does wonders, no? ;)

But if people go, are the tickets over priced. I thought that the final four days are usually sold out.

ProdigyEng
03-30-2013, 09:02 PM
But if people go, are the tickets over priced. I thought that the final four days are usually sold out.

Perhaps they offer reduced price tickets if they can't fill the stadium ?

Kat_YYZ
03-30-2013, 09:23 PM

well, I suppose that's one way to look at it. People have to simply bite the bullet and boycott events in order to get prices down... even though it will mean sacrificing years of seeing live tennis (or having to travel somewhere to see it, but again this only makes sense if you're hardcore, not just to see 3 or 4 matches). :sad: You don't see that kind of discipline from people, they just give up & reach for the credit card and worry how to pay it off later.