Roland Garros 2013: Where will Nadal fall? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roland Garros 2013: Where will Nadal fall?

Ash86
03-29-2013, 11:03 PM
So as it seems all but decided that Nadal will not be a top 4 seed at RG (kind of ludicrous when you think about it!) who's going to be the lucky top 4 player to get Rafa as a QF opponent? :devil:

I'd like it to be Fed because it's probably the easiest opponent for Rafa right now - Ferrer runs a lot and would usually make it physically difficult whereas so far this year Fed really hasn't looked like in shape to challenge at RG. Ideal scenario as a Nadal fan would be Fed QF, Murray SF and then probably Djokovic F. Epic way to win his 8th title, defeating the rest of the Big 4, and also a manageable route rather than Djokovic QF which seems too early really!

CooCooCachoo
03-29-2013, 11:04 PM
By the wayside :angel:

Federer in 2
03-29-2013, 11:05 PM
So you basically want us to predict the draw of the only Grand Slam where the organizers do not rig their draws?

Topspindoctor
03-29-2013, 11:07 PM
Ideal QF/SF would be Nose+Mandy. These 2 clay clowns would make two easy targets to practice on before the big final.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Chris Kuerten
03-29-2013, 11:08 PM
Nadal will win quite easily again by the looks of it.

Rychu
03-29-2013, 11:10 PM
Ideal QF/SF would be Nose+Mandy. These 2 clay clowns would make two easy targets to practice on before the big final.

Fed won his fair share of clay titles along with RG. He is certainly not clay clown(you seem to forget that he won against Nadal on clay). Murray won nothing. You can't put them in the same sentence.

Super Djoker
03-29-2013, 11:11 PM
If he is seeded 5th then I see him losing , he was saved by the rain last year against Novak .

Super Djoker
03-29-2013, 11:13 PM

Djokovic has beaten Nadal on Clay twice ! And usually makes a good fist of it !

Ash86
03-29-2013, 11:14 PM
If he is seeded 5th then I see him losing , he was saved by the rain last year against Novak .

You mean the rain saved Novak from a straight set defeat right? :rolleyes:

Don't see why him being seeded 5th would mean he loses. He could meet Novak in QF sure, but even he gets into top 4 (very slim chance indeed) he could face Novak in SF which isn't much different. Nadal being no.5 is only good news for Tsonga, Berdych and Del Po and no one else as they get to avoid him till the SF at a minimum.

Kiedis
03-29-2013, 11:16 PM

lol

mseles1
03-29-2013, 11:37 PM
You mean the rain saved Novak from a straight set defeat right?

This is closer to the mark. The dizzle took the pop out of Rafa's topspin, it isn't difficult to see yet...

Said Rafa would land in Federer's quarter in IW, think he'll land in Djokovic's in Paris.

It's an utter farce Rafa being seeded behind a player he's lost to twice, the last one in '09. A player he's never lost to on the surface & my personal favourite Ferrer - last three meetings - 5-7, 0-6, 2-6, 2-6, 1-6, 0-6, 2-6! Lost one match since 2005 = fifth player most likely to win?

NadalesDios
03-29-2013, 11:40 PM
I hope in the quarter of Djokovic, the reactions of MTF would be priceless :lol: :lol:

Alex999
03-29-2013, 11:48 PM
Rafa could be seeded #1000 at RG and still win it :lol:

Lugburz
03-29-2013, 11:55 PM
he will fall right after winning shot in final, fall straight on the ground, covering his outfit in clay.

hipolymer
03-29-2013, 11:56 PM

Unless his knee flares up again.

Johnny Groove
03-30-2013, 12:00 AM
If there is any justice, the French will rig it so he lands in Ferrer's quarter.

Would be hilarious to see him in Djokovic QF :lol:

hipolymer
03-30-2013, 12:06 AM
If there is any justice, he'd get put in Mugerer's quarter so the least deserving RG champion of all time could get triple bageled again.

Abel
03-30-2013, 12:13 AM
Nole, Federer and Nadal in one half. Ferrer and Murray in the other.

GasquetGulbis
03-30-2013, 12:49 AM
Roland Garros should do what Wimbledon does, take all of your points on that surface and multiply them by 1.5. This permits proper seeding.

@Sweet Cleopatra
03-30-2013, 12:50 AM
Wow, in 2008 I thought that I would be married to Rafa already by 2013, I know that I was so young and naive but still... now I am just reading this thread and my Samsung pocket phone does that zooming voice when it gets squeezed like zzooommmm zzooommmm...

Any way, I think Rafa still needs to prove his return on Monte Carlo or Barcelona, hope he gets to play Djokovic and Murray before RG.. If he proves himself, It doesn't matter what his ranking is in RG.. And you know it :cool:

MrPlateperson
03-30-2013, 12:55 AM
I will quit watching tennis if Nadal gets in Ferrers quarter.

TigerTim
03-30-2013, 01:11 AM

and Federer then somehow soldiers his way to a final against Ferrer that he's too tired to compete in, :haha:

Noleta
03-30-2013, 01:22 AM

:spit:

Abel
03-30-2013, 01:24 AM
and Federer then somehow soldiers his way to a final against Ferrer that he's too tired to compete in, :haha:

Fed beating Nole and Nadal back to back at RG and then getting beaten by Ferrer in the final would be too much for MTF to handle :haha:

It would implode.

VamosRafaNadal
03-30-2013, 01:30 AM

NO please no

Tiebreak100
03-30-2013, 01:33 AM
Lets not forget the Spaniard is untested in the best of 5 format since his 'unbelievable' return. We all know he will fall in Murray's quarter, simply because the world wants to see the ultimate grinder up against the flair and variety of the flying Scotsman.

zdravkelja
03-30-2013, 01:47 AM
Doesn't really matter, he'll win the title anyway...

Roy Emerson
03-30-2013, 02:13 AM
ITF members are nostalgia tards so Nadal will land in Federer's quarter for the umpteenth RG Fedal encounter.

Chase Visa
03-30-2013, 02:17 AM
Federer.

And then I will stop watching tennis/posting on MTF.

Chase Visa
03-30-2013, 02:17 AM

If that happens :mad: :( :o

3DGNumberOneFan
03-30-2013, 02:23 AM
He will fall to the ground after winning 7 matches in a row.........

On another note: Nadal will most likely end up in Murray's half and in Ferrer or Murray's quarter. I could see another Fedovic semi final and Nadal versus Murray like always as the most likely option the FFT selects for Nadal. So in conclusion,
(1) Djokovic vs (8) Tsonga
(3) Federer vs (6) Berdych
(4) Ferrer vs (5) Nadal
(2) Murray vs (7) DelPo

So as it seems all but decided that Nadal will not be a top 4 seed at RG (kind of ludicrous when you think about it!) who's going to be the lucky top 4 player to get Rafa as a QF opponent? :devil:

I'd like it to be Fed because it's probably the easiest opponent for Rafa right now - Ferrer runs a lot and would usually make it physically difficult whereas so far this year Fed really hasn't looked like in shape to challenge at RG. Ideal scenario as a Nadal fan would be Fed QF, Murray SF and then probably Djokovic F. Epic way to win his 8th title, defeating the rest of the Big 4, and also a manageable route rather than Djokovic QF which seems too early really!

6-2 6-2 6-1, 6-0 6-2

LOL. The rain saved HIM? :haha: The rain saved Novak from a straight set beatdown. Give me that same match in normal conditions and it'd look like ALL their previous Roland Garros meetings. The ONLY thing the 5th seed means is an earlier round loss for Djokovic, Federer, Murray, Ferrer (Not sure Murray, Ferrer will get to Quarters anyway)

MuzzahLovah
03-30-2013, 02:27 AM
Nadal/Djoker Quareter, Fed Semi. Djoker Muzz final :yeah:

jcempire
03-30-2013, 02:47 AM
Djokovic has beaten Nadal on Clay twice ! And usually makes a good fist of it !

you got the point

rutinos harcos
03-30-2013, 03:00 AM
lol

You can loling all you want,it is true.

rutinos harcos
03-30-2013, 03:03 AM
Nadal/Djoker Quareter, Fed Semi. Djoker Muzz final :yeah:

No way.muger QF,Hooligan SF & than loss to Djoko King.

ProdigyEng
03-30-2013, 03:08 AM
No way.muger QF,Hooligan SF & than loss to Djoko King.

You have high hopes for Hooligan it seems

MrPlateperson
03-30-2013, 03:13 AM
I wonder if draw fixing is as prevelant as everyone seems to think it is.

3DGNumberOneFan
03-30-2013, 03:18 AM

Nadal was paired with Murray what like 18/22 times or some ridiculous number.

Topspindoctor
03-30-2013, 03:50 AM
Fed won his fair share of clay titles along with RG. He is certainly not clay clown(you seem to forget that he won against Nadal on clay). Murray won nothing. You can't put them in the same sentence.

I am talking about the present. Nose vs Nadal on high bouncing, slow clay right now? He will get massacred...

Chase Visa
03-30-2013, 04:15 AM
No way will Fed/Nadal be much of a match on clay.

Djokovic/Nadal on the other hand....if a QF is between them then the tournament is a FARCE.

MrPlateperson
03-30-2013, 04:15 AM
I am talking about the present. Nose vs Nadal on high bouncing, slow clay right now? He will get massacred...

Old man would get massacred on any court the way hes playing right now, bar indoor wtf where he might get a couple games here or there.

Mountaindewslave
03-30-2013, 04:42 AM
Wow, in 2008 I thought that I would be married to Rafa already by 2013, I know that I was so young and naive but still... now I am just reading this thread and my Samsung pocket phone does that zooming voice when it gets squeezed like zzooommmm zzooommmm...

Any way, I think Rafa still needs to prove his return on Monte Carlo or Barcelona, hope he gets to play Djokovic and Murray before RG.. If he proves himself, It doesn't matter what his ranking is in RG.. And you know :cool:

hahahaha oh my godddd I love you, you are SOO cutee :) :hug:

Allez
03-30-2013, 05:28 AM
Rafa will NOT be seeded 5. No way. Either 4th of 3rd seed. In any case I think it's pretty much guaranteed that indeed he will face Fed. Happened every time when the two are not ranked 1 & 2.

Yolita
03-30-2013, 05:38 AM

During the time when Novak could land in Rafa's or Roger's half, there were 4 AO, 4 USO and 4 Wimbledons. He landed in Roger's half in all 12. 12/12. That's a little odd. Makes one raise an eyebrow. :lol:

By contrast, in that period, he landed in Roger's half twice and in Rafa's half twice at Roland Garros. That looks much more like a random draw: 2/4.

Having said that, Lendl gave an interview where he seemed to be very sure that all Andy needed was to be ranked #2 in Roland Garros and Roger/Rafa/Novak would all land in the other half, and Ferrer would land in Murray's half. Maybe he knows something we don't... or maybe he's forgetting who beat Andy in last year's Roland Garros. :lol:

MTwEeZi
03-30-2013, 05:39 AM
Rafa will NOT be seeded 5. No way. Either 4th of 3rd seed. In any case I think it's pretty much guaranteed that indeed he will face Fed. Happened every time when the two are not ranked 1 & 2.

So... once? :scratch:

Allez
03-30-2013, 05:49 AM
So... once? :scratch:

1 AND 2.

born_on_clay
03-30-2013, 08:26 AM

Rain gifted Djokovic one set last year. Wasn't it raining Rafa would win in straight sets.

Nadal won't fall this year as well :cool:

TBkeeper
03-30-2013, 10:32 AM
1% Nadal in a wheelchair playing with a two-handed forehand will still bake to each opponent 3 bagels being the Claymugs they are in this slow-asass-era ;)
I mean Rafa congratulations for your Eight RG title you've done a good job :yeah: keep up the titles till you win 10 FOs ;)

Topspindoctor
03-30-2013, 10:41 AM
1% Nadal in a wheelchair playing with a two-handed forehand will still bake to each opponent 3 bagels being the Claymugs they are in this slow-asass-era ;)
I mean Rafa congratulations for your Eight RG title you've done a good job :yeah: keep up the titles till you win 10 FOs ;)

I am no longer satisfied with GOAT winning RG in upcoming months. It's too predictable. I want him to crush and humiliate his opponents as well. Every match should me like the one against Mugnaco last year. Then I will be satisfied.

Kiedis
03-30-2013, 10:46 AM
You can loling all you want,it is true.

Rafa start the macht dominating overwhelmingly Nole. Then, when it rained and the dirt was puddled, Djokovic was able to level the match because balls barely bounce in these conditions and slice a lot. After the break when clay return at minimally acceptable conditions, Rafa swept Nole off the court. Don't be so tard, mate.

Punky
03-30-2013, 10:55 AM
Fed a clay clown?

he won once and had like 5 finals but lost to the best clay court player ever, whats the shame of losing to the best?

Newcomer
03-30-2013, 10:58 AM
I'm not a Nadaltard, but he will take the title with ease

August
03-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Hopefully the draw will be:

Djokovic-Nadal
Federer-del Potro

Ferrer-Tsonga
Murray-Berdych

Rafa would hardly get past QF, and his SF opponent, winner of Fed-DelPo would be the biggest threat after Nole. The other half would be a cakewalk to final for Ferrer.

But I guess it will be:

Djokovic-Berdych
Federer-del Potro

Ferrer-Nadal
Murray-Tsonga

Nadal will be given a cakewalk to final so he'll end up in a half with Muzz and Ferrer. As both Ferrer and Murray should be walking byes for Nadal, Ferrer, the less big name, will get screwed and face Rafa in QF, Muzz will face Rafa in SF. Murray's QF opponent will be Tsonga, to ensure a bad clay player against Rafa in SF.

In top half, Federer will get DelPo in QF and Nole will get Berd. That's to make Nole's draw as easy as possible, hoping to get a Nole-Rafa dream final.

But with that draw, my dream SF would be Tsonga beating Rafa, the reach a slam final in his home country.

Ben D.
03-30-2013, 11:44 AM
During the time when Novak could land in Rafa's or Roger's half, there were 4 AO, 4 USO and 4 Wimbledons. He landed in Roger's half in all 12. 12/12. That's a little odd. Makes one raise an eyebrow. :lol:

By contrast, in that period, he landed in Roger's half twice and in Rafa's half twice at Roland Garros. That looks much more like a random draw: 2/4.

Having said that, Lendl gave an interview where he seemed to be very sure that all Andy needed was to be ranked #2 in Roland Garros and Roger/Rafa/Novak would all land in the other half, and Ferrer would land in Murray's half. Maybe he knows something we don't... or maybe he's forgetting who beat Andy in last year's Roland Garros. :lol:

really? thats very odd. I dont think RG organizers are cleaner than the rest either. Just an example : So Nadal is seeded 5-8, and Gasquet seeded 9-12? I'm not a fortune teller, but i already know one of R4 matches then. Some get to play indoor croatian players, others get spanish clay players. each and every year. random?

Abel
03-30-2013, 11:56 AM
really? thats very odd. I dont think RG organizers are cleaner than the rest either.

There was an article posted on here that analysed the draws over the past 15(?) years. RG was the only one even close to resembling what would amount to a history of truly random draws.

Punky
03-30-2013, 11:58 AM
Again federer delpo?

August
03-30-2013, 12:16 PM
There was an article posted on here that analysed the draws over the past 15(?) years. RG was the only one even close to resembling what would amount to a history of truly random draws.
I remember reading that between 2008 and 2012 Rafa and Nole met in semis only at RG because that was the only tournament where Nole was no threat to Rafa.

Fed fordawin
03-30-2013, 12:36 PM

More like Djokovic was saved by the rain...

I agree that players should adapt to the conditions, but had it not rained djokovic would have been routined in 3 sets.

TBkeeper
03-30-2013, 12:39 PM
I am no longer satisfied with GOAT winning RG in upcoming months. It's too predictable. I want him to crush and humiliate his opponents as well. Every match should me like the one against Mugnaco last year. Then I will be satisfied.

Yes ... i mean ... watching Nadal beat 6-4 6-2 6-3 15th to 50th player in the world is getting tad boring till the QFs. Better Nadal spank them 6-0 6-0 6-0 and be done with it. It's obvious he's the ClayGOAT.

pierricbross
03-30-2013, 01:16 PM
[1]Djokovic
[7]Del Potro

[5]Nadal
[4]Ferrer

-------
[2]Murray
[6]Berdych

[8]Tsonga
[3]Federer

Whiznot
03-30-2013, 06:33 PM
At RG Nadal will lose to a previously unknown qualifier and then he will miss the remainder of the season.

GSMnadal
03-30-2013, 06:41 PM

This.

He was doing a great job last year, but was still too forgiving at times. I want him to better Borg's record of fewest games lost, although it's probably impossible. But at the very least I want him to beat his own from 08.

Facing Federer in the final again would help.

Foxy
03-30-2013, 06:43 PM

Just on contrary, the rain won the set for Djokic against Nadal!

GSMnadal
03-30-2013, 06:48 PM
Just on contrary, the rain won the set for Djokic against Nadal!

Don't bother. I've stopped trying to point this out.

I guess they saw rain falling down during the sunny first two sets and the next day when Rafa closed it out as well.

HKz
03-30-2013, 07:02 PM
If there is any justice, he'd get put in Mugerer's quarter so the least deserving RG champion of all time could get triple bageled again.

Novak loses to Kohlschreiber at RG and Federer doesn't deserve his RG title. Hilarious.

GSMnadal
03-30-2013, 07:03 PM
Novak loses to Kohlschreiber at RG and Federer doesn't deserve his RG title. Hilarious.

Well, Novak doesn't deserve one either.

ProdigyEng
03-30-2013, 07:08 PM
Well, Novak doesn't deserve one either.

He will if he wins it...

Noleta
03-30-2013, 07:10 PM
Rafa could be seeded #1000 at RG and still win it :lol:

This.

GSMnadal
03-30-2013, 07:10 PM
He will if he wins it...

Not happening mate.

The only way Novak is getting his hands on that trophy is if Nadal is injured or retires from the game.

If he had Fed's luck he'd probably end up facing Ferrer in the final.

Topspindoctor
03-30-2013, 07:11 PM
It's a very well known fact that Nose's RG title was the biggest fluke in open era and sport's biggest travesty. It had an enormous asterisk next to it as Nose never beat GOAT at the event. I admit he had the chance to win in 2011 where Nose was playing his best level since 2006 and Nadal's level was horrible and he was low on confidence. Nose proved once again that he is a fluke as 20% Nadal won comfortably even feeding Nose breadstick in the final set. Nose's RG title will always be tainted and every real tennis fan knows it. He didn't deserve it.

GSMnadal
03-30-2013, 07:14 PM
It's a very well known fact that Nose's RG title was the biggest fluke in open era and sport's biggest travesty. It had an enormous asterisk next to it as Nose never beat GOAT at the event. I admit he had the chance to win in 2011 where Nose was playing his best level since 2006 and Nadal's level was horrible and he was low on confidence. Nose proved once again that he is a fluke as 20% Nadal won comfortably even feeding Nose breadstick in the final set. Nose's RG title will always be tainted and every real tennis fan knows it. He didn't deserve it.

And in 2011 they also used those ridiculous balls. They weren't even trying to hide they wanted Fed to finally beat Nadal. Can't remember Fedtards whining about surface homogenisation then :scratch:

And still Rafa spanked Roger :drool:

Noleta
03-30-2013, 07:17 PM

He won it fair and square,therefore he deserves it.:shrug:

ProdigyEng
03-30-2013, 07:29 PM
Not happening mate.

The only way Novak is getting his hands on that trophy is if Nadal is injured or retires from the game.

If he had Fed's luck he'd probably end up facing Ferrer in the final.
It probably won't happen. But if he does manage to win, I hope it's by beating healthy Nadal (if it's possible for him to be healthy when he loses) in the Final. That would be an extremely huge feet and no one could question whether he deserved it or not.

GSMnadal
03-30-2013, 07:36 PM
It probably won't happen. But if he does manage to win, I hope it's by beating healthy Nadal (if it's possible for him to be healthy when he loses) in the Final. That would be an extremely huge feet and no one could question whether he deserved it or not.

Yeah, then it would be deserved.

But nobody is claiming he wouldn't deserve it if he did that right? So far he has done jack shit, so he doesn't deserve one. He took like what, one set against Nadal in 4 meetings? And it was under questionable circumstances to say the least. At least he was 'in control' of the matches.

And the whole 'never loses unless injured' is only used by Nadal hating tards.

ProdigyEng
03-30-2013, 07:43 PM
Yeah, then it would be deserved.

But nobody is claiming he wouldn't deserve it if he did that right? So far he has done jack shit, so he doesn't deserve one. He took like what, one set against Nadal in 4 meetings? And it was under questionable circumstances to say the least. At least he was 'in control' of the matches.

And the whole 'never loses unless injured' is only used by Nadal hating tards.

Well I wasn't using that line, I was just going off what other people have said...

Of course he's not done much so far in RG vs Nadal, but who's to say that won't change? I'm sure not many, myself included thought he'd do so well in 2011 Clay season against Nadal, but he did, and was dominant over Nadal throughout 2011.

I don't think we should be writing Djokovic off against Nadal, sure he might of had two poor losses recently, but for all we know this could spur him on going into clay season.

Kat_YYZ
03-30-2013, 07:57 PM

Any way, I think Rafa still needs to prove his return on Monte Carlo or Barcelona, hope he gets to play Djokovic and Murray before RG.. If he proves himself, It doesn't matter what his ranking is in RG.. And you know it :cool:

:speakles:

MTwEeZi
03-30-2013, 08:01 PM
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Wow, in 2008 I thought that I would be married to Rafa already by 2013

:haha:

Noleta
03-30-2013, 08:05 PM
Well I wasn't using that line, I was just going off what other people have said...

Of course he's not done much so far in RG vs Nadal, but who's to say that won't change? I'm sure not many, myself included thought he'd do so well in 2011 Clay season against Nadal, but he did, and was dominant over Nadal throughout 2011.

I don't think we should be writing Djokovic off against Nadal, sure he might of had two poor losses recently, but for all we know this could spur him on going into clay season.

Of course they'll say Rafa wasn't on his best,he was injured.:lol:

GSMnadal
03-30-2013, 08:08 PM
Of course they'll say Rafa wasn't on his best,he was injured.:lol:

I'm curious, do you think he was at his best in 2011 on clay?

He was definitely not injured (apart from AO of course).

Noleta
03-30-2013, 08:15 PM
I'm curious, do you think he was at his best in 2011 on clay?

He was definitely not injured (apart from AO of course).

Unless he wins convincingly,he's not injured?Novak had a freakish year,being so close he finally could execute the game plan to beat Rafa,especially on clay:shrug:

Litotes
03-30-2013, 08:17 PM

Not seeded 5? No way? Talk about confidence....Ferrer is currently 665 points ahead of him in the rankings. That is less than the points he will drop even if he doesn't play between now and RG. So to get the first part of this assertion (4th) right, you need Nadal to win everything he plays and Ferrer not to improve upon last year.

As for Federer & Murray, Nadal is 100% unable to pass them even by winning everything before RG. To get the 3rd seed you need one of those ranked above him to not enter the tournament. If you're not careful someone will report you for wishing injury.

superslam77
03-30-2013, 08:18 PM
j4BFQNT60VY#t=5s

i love the passion from the commentator lol

GSMnadal
03-30-2013, 08:21 PM
Unless he wins convincingly,he's not injured?Novak had a freakish year,being so close he finally could execute the game plan to beat Rafa,especially on clay:shrug:

Unless he wins convincingly, he's not injured? What are you on about?

I'm not even talking about those matches with Djokovic, look at all his other matches and level of play and it's clear as day he was nowhere near his best. Getting taken to 5 by Isner, struggling past Federer, losing sets to Lorenzi and MURRAY on clay, and generally being pushed by lesser gods like Andujar (was down like what, 5-1 with set points?).

ProdigyEng
03-30-2013, 08:24 PM
Such a tactician this Vulture.

Noleta
03-30-2013, 08:34 PM
Unless he wins convincingly, he's not injured? What are you on about?

I'm not even talking about those matches with Djokovic, look at all his other matches and level of play and it's clear as day he was nowhere near his best. Getting taken to 5 by Isner, struggling past Federer, losing sets to Lorenzi and MURRAY on clay, and generally being pushed by lesser gods like Andujar (was down like what, 5-1 with set points?).

That's what i took from your sentence:

He took like what, one set against Nadal in 4 meetings? And it was under questionable circumstances to say the least. At least he was 'in control' of the matches

The losses he suffered to Novak would have put doubts in his mind,also those players would've gained more confidence,Rafa can lose so to speak.

GSMnadal
03-30-2013, 08:36 PM
That's what i took from your sentence:

The losses he suffered to Novak would have put doubts in his mind,also those players would've gained more confidence,Rafa can lose so to speak.

The set he lost had nothing to do with injury :rain:

Noleta
03-30-2013, 08:45 PM

Conditions were the same for both,Rafa got more irritated than usual,the next day is was still dire.Hope it's not gonna be the case this year.

GSMnadal
03-30-2013, 08:50 PM
Conditions were the same for both,Rafa got more irritated than usual,the next day is was still dire.Hope it's not gonna be the case this year.

The rain caused the court to not play like clay anymore. Sure it was the same for both, but with it being a clay court tournament and Rafa being clay GOAT and all, I think we can agree who it favoured. And also, that it's not something which Novak can build on to beat Rafa on clay in the future.

The next day it was cloudy sure, a spot of rain here and there, yes. But not the hour of continuous rain causing for the court to be soaking wet.

Noleta
03-30-2013, 09:00 PM
The rain caused the court to not play like clay anymore. Sure it was the same for both, but with it being a clay court tournament and Rafa being clay GOAT and all, I think we can agree who it favoured. And also, that it's not something which Novak can build on to beat Rafa on clay in the future.

The next day it was cloudy sure, a spot of rain here and there, yes. But not the hour of continuous rain causing for the court to be soaking wet.

No,but he sure can look at his previous wins on clay against him,and take something from it,we wanna see a competitive Clay season:p

The next day,the intensity was entirely missing from Novak,he might as well not showed up.:o

janko05
03-30-2013, 09:04 PM

The problem is you never know when it is due to his injury and when not. Every time he loses the injury card is pulled out.
I wonder is he even aware of the fact that he's actually lost a few times in his career.

BroTree456
03-30-2013, 09:41 PM
he will fall when he wins the final in straight sets. as much as i hate him, i cant see anyone beating him there

Kiedis
03-30-2013, 09:52 PM
No,but he sure can look at his previous wins on clay against him,and take something from it,we wanna see a competitive Clay season:p

The next day,the intensity was entirely missing from Novak,he might as well not showed up.:o

First two sets, while court was still clay, Nole not showed up either :secret:

Only when started to rain Nole could level the match.

timafi
03-30-2013, 10:50 PM
hopefully on Novak and Murray's section of the draw

hipolymer
03-30-2013, 10:52 PM
hopefully on Novak and Murray's section of the draw

Murray will be ranked number 2 by RG

Mr. Oracle
03-30-2013, 11:55 PM
Every tennis fan should savour this utter dominance of a single surface in the history of the sport. We'll probably never see it again. This is why we watch sports. DO NOT JINX THE GYPSY KING. It's perverse.

Certinfy
03-31-2013, 12:42 AM
Hopefully Federer gets drawn in Djokovic's half with Nadal getting Federer and Del Potro getting Djokovic in the quarters.

Would be fucking awesome.

Newcomer
03-31-2013, 01:41 AM
Hopefully Federer gets drawn in Djokovic's half with Nadal getting Federer and Del Potro getting Djokovic in the quarters.

:haha: vulturetard?

Chase Visa
03-31-2013, 05:13 AM
:haha: vulturetard?

:facepalm:

lol @ accusing Certinfy of being a vulturetard.

Topspindoctor
03-31-2013, 05:55 AM

And Nadal will still cruise to the title :wavey:

jcempire
03-31-2013, 04:14 PM

I like your words

MTwEeZi
03-31-2013, 04:34 PM
Lots of jinxing occurring in this thread.

Between No1e, a rising Murray, the greatest player in the history no?, & Big 4 member Ferrer, I think we can safely say Nadal is a huge underdog for this title.

Johnny Groove
03-31-2013, 04:44 PM
If Nadal wins RG this year, he'll have 8.

More than Sampras or Fed or Renshaw at Wimbledon with 7.

More than Emerson's 6 AO titles.

More than Tilden's 7 USO.

Litotes
03-31-2013, 05:04 PM
If Nadal wins RG this year, he'll have 8.

More than Sampras or Fed or Renshaw at Wimbledon with 7.

More than Emerson's 6 AO titles.

More than Tilden's 7 USO.

True, 8 never happened on the male side. Court has 11 AOs, Navratilova 9 Ws, Bjurstedt Mallory 8 USOs, but no woman managed more than Evert's 7 RGs. So this could, in fact, be the first absolute record to be held by a male.

Johnny Groove
03-31-2013, 05:22 PM
True, 8 never happened on the male side. Court has 11 AOs, Navratilova 9 Ws, Bjurstedt Mallory 8 USOs, but no woman managed more than Evert's 7 RGs. So this could, in fact, be the first absolute record to be held by a male.

Well there is Max Decugis winning 8 RG in the pre-1925 era.

He won the French for the first time at 21, in 1903, and then again in 1904, 1907, 1908, 1909, 1912, 1913, and 1914, at 32.

He took 14 doubles, and 6 mixed titles as well, but this was all when the event was only open to French players. Still, a king in his time who did make the Wimbledon SF twice.

But surely Rafa's Open Era record would trump in impression points, unless some wish to argue that 2005-present clay era is worse than 1903-1914 era :lol:

TigerTim
03-31-2013, 05:28 PM
he may trip on some stairs

MTwEeZi
03-31-2013, 05:32 PM
Well there is Max Decugis winning 8 RG in the pre-1925 era.

He won the French for the first time at 21, in 1903, and then again in 1904, 1907, 1908, 1909, 1912, 1913, and 1914, at 32.

He took 14 doubles, and 6 mixed titles as well, but this was all when the event was only open to French players. Still, a king in his time who did make the Wimbledon SF twice.

But surely Rafa's Open Era record would trump in impression points, unless some wish to argue that 2005-present clay era is worse than 1903-1914 era :lol:

That era had to play only one match to defend.

Can you imagine Nadal resting his knees while Federer and Djokovic sliced and diced their way to the final each year? :p

Johnny Groove
03-31-2013, 05:42 PM
That era had to play only one match to defend.

Can you imagine Nadal resting his knees while Federer and Djokovic sliced and diced their way to the final each year? :p

Only in his last 4 titles did he have the bye to the final. But still, can you imagine rusty Nadal vs. 6 match wins Djokovic? :help:

Getting a bye to the final is not always good, while the other guy comes in confident.

missvarsha
03-31-2013, 06:14 PM
He will fall on his back after winning the title...