Miami QF: Murray def. Cilic 6-4 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Miami QF: Murray def. Cilic 6-4 6-3

samanosuke
03-28-2013, 08:54 PM
After big b2b wins Cilic came in match which could be his breakthrough full of confidence. Murray couldn't have played anything worse, wasn't doing anything except returning the ball in the middle of the court and it was still enough for routine win over guy who knocks on top 10 doors. Only thing more pathetic than Cilic is this era which we are witnessing.

Oh, and: [Warning:War crime alert]

Marin will murder Murray's serve with his ROS,

So many corps after this match that Cilic should be accused for genocide

rocketassist
03-28-2013, 08:55 PM
Awful first set, decent second set.

/thread

Clydey
03-28-2013, 08:56 PM
Horrendous first set followed by a high quality second set. From the ridiculous to the sublime.

At least Murray has started to hit the ball a bit better.

Chris Kuerten
World number 11 can't hit a basic volley to save his life (yeah, one when it didn't matter anymore). The state of tennis is so incredibly sad at the moment, with the exception of only a couple of players. Makes me appreciate Nadal all of a sudden.

nole_no1
What a tournament :lol: Maybe Haas can save it by winning it

Orka_n
Cilic is so inconsistent it's not even funny. Add a weak mentality to that.

Murray won smart but he's really not my type of player. Too defensive.

Wolfy
Murray was trying to tank, but crapllic can't take a hint.

MuzzahLovah
03-28-2013, 08:57 PM
A lot of great point in the second set, but also a lot of Cilic spraying. Good for Murray to finish this a routinely as he did, not go away and saved a whole mess of break points, clutch stuff.

RIboy
03-28-2013, 08:58 PM
only with better serve, forehand, volley, smash, anticipation and intelligence Cilic would be a decent player

ProdigyEng
03-28-2013, 08:58 PM
After big b2b wins Cilic came in match which could be his breakthrough full of confidence. Murray couldn't have played anything worse, wasn't doing anything except returning the ball in the middle of the court and it was still enough for routine win over guy who knocks on top 10 doors. Only thing more pathetic than Cilic is this era which we are witnessing.

Absolute bollocks.

Julián Santiago
03-28-2013, 08:59 PM
Horrible first set. The two players increase their level at Murray serving 2-1 on the second.

Murray was too conservative on this match. And Cilic, well, his usual version against Murray or any member of the top 4 :smash:

misty1
terrible

its funny because against alot of other players marin has shown great mental resilience. but against the top 4 he's pathetic

its sad really that we have yet another very talented guy here that just does not believe that he can beat these guys

scarecrows
high quality second set. From the ridiculous to the sublime.

:superlol:

only 2-3 games could have been called high quality

PorkBarrel
03-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Good defense from Muzza and the FH looked better as the match went on. Second serve was arthritic...last game was painful.

philosophicalarf
03-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Murray is awful at the moment, but the attitude is impressive. You play according to your form - if the form isn't there, you manage your shots accordingly. A lot of players never figure that out.

TennisOnWood
03-28-2013, 09:01 PM
This was soooo ugly

Sham Kay
03-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Looked like Marin was paying too much respect to Andy's movement, causing him to overplay. Loads of long points and games, but the result never looked in doubt if I'm honest.

Cilic should get into the top 8 by the end of the season, barring injury/headaches.

Tiebreak100
03-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Good win, job done. I wish Andy would go after the break point more often, his conversion at the moment is really poor. His game is also a bit negative which is baffling considering Lendl is around. I wonder what he makes of his pupil's game at the moment?

Clydey
03-28-2013, 09:03 PM

only 2-3 games could have been called high quality

My bad. Allow me to clarify.

The second set wasn't high quality on every single point. There were moments of high quality and moments of patchy play, as is the case in almost every tennis match.

Better?

samanosuke
03-28-2013, 09:04 PM
Only good thing about this QF for Cilic is that he will probably keep Brett in the box and won't steal rob us of such epic displays like today

rocketassist
Muzza is against court homogenisation and wants to see more grass :yeah:

Newcomer
nice second set.
But overall, I can't remember such a horrible start of season due to quality of tennis.
Strongest era?

ProdigyEng
03-28-2013, 09:05 PM
Considering how poor Andy's been playing recently, I actually look forward to when he's playing at a better level. If he can mug his way through matches, god knows what he'll be like at better form.

leng jai
My bad. Allow me to clarify.

The second set wasn't high quality on every single point. There were moments of high quality and moments of patchy play, as is the case in almost every tennis match.

Better?

The second set was decent at best.

Cilic Murray matches are the epitome of clowning usually.

Mark Lenders
Shocking. For three years now, whenever he's up against one of Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray or Del Potro, no matter how he's playing or how they are playing, Cilic almost invariably finds a way to lose. He's still at a stage of his career when he can reverse this trend, but time isn't exactly infinite.

ProdigyEng
Muzza is against court homogenisation and wants to see more grass :yeah:

Such a horrible person this Murray, can't believe he had the audacity to ask for that.

Greystoke
03-28-2013, 09:07 PM
Only good thing about this QF for Cilic is that he will probably keep Brett in the box and won't steal rob us of such epic displays like today

if he continues with him after this he will be the dumbest top100 player

RIboy
03-28-2013, 09:08 PM
ATP should ban this match-up, it's not good for the tennis' reputation as a serious sport

samanosuke
03-28-2013, 09:08 PM
Shocking. For three years now, whenever he's up against one of Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray or Del Potro, no matter how he's playing or how they are playing, Cilic almost invariably finds a way to lose.

and you needed 3 years to conclude that :lol: ? . Now people will understand why I am saying that I am ahead of my time

hvo
03-28-2013, 09:09 PM
AM's level will automatically raise if other side of the net stand RF, ND or RN. The same can applies to Cilic, but the other direction.
AM may win this without playing a decent match of tennis.

MTwEeZi
03-28-2013, 09:11 PM
Shocking. For three years now, whenever he's up against one of Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray or Del Potro, no matter how he's playing or how they are playing, Cilic almost invariably finds a way to lose. He's still at a stage of his career when he can reverse this trend, but time isn't exactly infinite.

I remember last year or the one before where he lost to injured Del Potro 6-1 6-0 who then gave Nadal walkover the following round :haha:

samanosuke
03-28-2013, 09:11 PM
if he continues with him after this he will be the dumbest top100 player

nah, good old Bob will say him that the best years are still ahead of him, that he is slowly developing his game, that he has all shots just lacking little of consistency, that on good day can beat anybody, that will reach London masters next year... etc , you know all the things which Marin in saying in every interview for croatian medias

oh and i almost forgot the favorite one " I don't see any difference between me and Del Potro, every shots which he has I also have, just need little more consistency ..."

Bleeth
03-28-2013, 09:12 PM

Exactly my thoughts

Clydey
03-28-2013, 09:14 PM
The second set was decent at best.

That's a matter of opinion. I thought there were a lot of great points. Sure, there was some muggery in there, too.

When I see a lengthy rally, filled with quality groundstrokes, I don't judge it based on the netted forehand that ended the point.

ProdigyEng
03-28-2013, 09:15 PM
AM's level will automatically raise if other side of the net stand RF, ND or RN. The same can applies to Cilic, but the other direction.

And that's what separates the best of the players from the mugs.

samanosuke
03-28-2013, 09:16 PM
if Haas isn't playing good tennis this would be the worst tournament of the year regarding level of play. The saddest thing is that Ferrer will bore him to death and more likely prevail. Watching a week of half of such misery really don't understand how morons in ATP can still be insisting on slowing the play, astonishing stupidity. Watching ace or service winner in every point is much more amusing then 20+ rally torture which ends with UE

leng jai
03-28-2013, 09:20 PM
And that's what separates the best of the players from the mugs.

Nah it just means most players are beat themselves when they play against the top 4.

EDIT: I suppose that's consistent with your point.

rocketassist
03-28-2013, 09:20 PM
Nah it just means most players are beat themselves when they play against the top 4.

Slow courts don' help like.

Mateya
03-28-2013, 09:21 PM
WHAT A RETARDED UMPIRE!?
Giving Murray code violation for legal 22 seconds between points and Čilić just when about to serve. :stupid:

As for the match: watched the second and was disgusted by Murray extremely defensive play - and this is coming from a fan. Haven't seen such a pushing for a long long time. Most of his shots landing short and just waiting to get spanked. Murray ran 10 miles more than he should and tire himself in the process.
The second set was a bit closer than result suggests. 7 deuce game at 2-1 was epic. Marin just needs to be more consistant.
:wavey:

Sapeod
03-28-2013, 09:23 PM
Good win for Andy overall. Cilic is an awful player and there way too many match points squandered but that's fine. A win is a win and it was an easy one which is good.

Two more wins and he's #2 and it's entirely doable. In fact, it's pretty much definite unless he plays badly.

Mentalmidget
03-28-2013, 09:24 PM
2 more wins against this mug field and i get $700,000 and world no 2?

This is easier than my practice matches with Lendl!

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article906013.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/88790324.jpg

hvo
03-28-2013, 09:29 PM
Yeah I surprised at AM's pushiness as well. The TV showed the comparison of hitting point in this tournament and last year Shanghai. He is going backward, or maybe Ivan told him to play this as if it's a clay surface, stay away from the base line otherwise he will throw some golf ball into his face.

rocketassist
03-28-2013, 09:30 PM
Yeah I surprised at AM's pushiness as well. The TV showed the comparison of hitting point in this tournament and last year Shanghai. He is going backward, or maybe Ivan told him to play this as if it's a clay surface, stay away from the base line otherwise he will throw some golf ball into his face.

more to do with court speed/conditions that, the higher bounce on these courts forces him back.

BackhandDTL
03-28-2013, 09:33 PM
Routine win for Murray, as expected. He was never even coaxed into doing anything more to win points.

Now where's that tennis expert at who said Marin would have to choke it away and would destroy Murray's serve in the meantime?

NID

ProdigyEng
03-28-2013, 09:33 PM
2 more wins against this mug field and i get $700,000 and world no 2?

This is easier than my practice matches with Lendl!

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article906013.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/88790324.jpg

It's quite funny, because Andy's draw looked tough on paper, but none of his opponents have shown up... if one of them did, Andy would be out for sure.

Sapeod
03-28-2013, 09:41 PM
It's quite funny, because Andy's draw looked tough on paper, but none of his opponents have shown up... if one of them did, Andy would be out for sure.
Not really. If he's faced with a tough opponent who's playing well, he'll raise his level to compete with them. That's what he does. He looks a lottle rough and a little below average because that's the level of players he's had to face so far. He'd be fine.

MuzzahLovah
03-28-2013, 09:50 PM
WHAT A RETARDED UMPIRE!?
Giving Murray code violation for legal 22 seconds between points and Čilić just when about to serve. :stupid:

Seriously. People call Murray whiny, but the code violation was so stupid he'd have to be upset. Meanwhile other players can average over 30 seconds for the entire match and never get a single warning (like a certain Mallorcan)

Moozza
03-28-2013, 09:53 PM
Andy was always going to be too good for Cilic. Don't see anyone stopping him from taking this title.

ProdigyEng
03-28-2013, 09:54 PM
Not really. If he's faced with a tough opponent who's playing well, he'll raise his level to compete with them. That's what he does. He looks a lottle rough and a little below average because that's the level of players he's had to face so far. He'd be fine.

Stop making your deluded fanboyism cloud your judgment.

Certinfy
03-28-2013, 09:55 PM
:yeah: Solid enough match.

TigerTim
03-28-2013, 10:01 PM
attack Murray you donkey

preparing himself for clay it seems, grind fests incoming

Sapeod
03-28-2013, 10:08 PM
How am I in any way being deluded, you clown? Andy raises his game when his opponents are playing better. It's always been this way. The only time he destroys lower ranked players is when he's in form for an entire tournament and is on a hot streak. Otherwise he usually plays at a lower level against players who are playing a low level because that's all he has to do. Generally, he plays at a good level though. It's always been like this. You haven't noticed?

janko05
03-28-2013, 10:09 PM

spot on

henke007
03-28-2013, 10:09 PM
Sillych should retire for his fan.

TigerTim
03-28-2013, 10:11 PM
Sillych should retire for his fan.

he still has those?!

Moozza
03-28-2013, 10:12 PM
It is true that Andy saves his best tennis for when he needs it these days. That could even be seen to an extent in this match when Cilic started playing better in the second, Andy also began playing better.

BackhandDTL
03-28-2013, 10:14 PM
Slow courts don' help like.

Not sure fast courts would have helped him any better. Murray is a versatile player, more so than his detractors (obviously not you) are ever willing to give him credit for.

He can defend to death and make you try and hit through him, which he loves to do against these aggressors. But on faster courts his counter-punching and his own ability to put away balls is made much greater.

The disparity between him and Cilic means he could probably get away with either more often than not.

Actually, as over the top as he can be, he's actually 100% spot on in this case (never thought I'd say that, ever).

Murray's performance level, and these days his style of play, in the early rounds has never been indicative of his form.

More often than not, he's content with "just doing enough" against lower-ranked guys, but he's a different player against his rivals.

Having said that, he's not so great that he can get away with it no matter his opponent's form, and I agree with you in that none of his opponents have been consistently great on court.

And it's also worth mentioning that this type of approach in the early rounds can screw his later efforts at times.

ProdigyEng
03-28-2013, 10:16 PM
How am I in any way being deluded, you clown? Andy raises his game when his opponents are playing better. It's always been this way. The only time he destroys lower ranked players is when he's in form for an entire tournament and is on a hot streak. Otherwise he usually plays at a lower level against players who are playing a low level because that's all he has to do. Generally, he plays at a good level though. It's always been like this. You haven't noticed?

Raised his game when he played Donald Young and Garcia Lopez didn't he, same with Raonic a couple of times...

Certinfy
03-28-2013, 10:17 PM
I know you guys are saying Andy will raise his game when he has to and I agree he often does, but after that showing in the quarters in Indian Wells against Del Potro I wouldn't take anything for granted right now.

Allez
03-28-2013, 10:29 PM
Even playing at such a poor level Murray is still miles ahead of everyone outside the big 4.

rocketassist
03-28-2013, 10:29 PM
I know you guys are saying Andy will raise his game when he has to and I agree he often does, but after that showing in the quarters in Indian Wells against Del Potro I wouldn't take anything for granted right now.

I thought it was only the last set he played badly there. Delpo was very smart, played some very clever tennis.

If he needs to clip some vulture's wings on Sunday, he will clip them.

Yolita
03-28-2013, 10:33 PM
I think watching two Haas matches back to back spoiled me: this match was so boring by comparison. The quality so low. :rolleyes:

I'm sure Richie and Tomas will put on a better show.

Newcomer
03-28-2013, 10:33 PM
anyway, Mugray possible title is not as worse as vulture title.

ProdigyEng
03-28-2013, 10:35 PM
anyway, Mugray possible title is not as worse as vulture title.

Sorry you lost me, who the hell is Mugray? I've wondered this since I joined the forum.

emotion
03-28-2013, 10:35 PM
nice second set.
But overall, I can't remember such a horrible start of season due to quality of tennis.
Strongest era?

2010 was pretty awful throughout after a pretty nice AO, despite the Ljubo fairytale.
But 2013 is about even, yeah

Newcomer
03-28-2013, 10:40 PM
Sorry you lost me, who the hell is Mugray? I've wondered this since I joined the forum.
the man who pushing and grinding like wozniacki and playing shitty tennis. Also I know Andy Murray, the man who had played beatiful tennis at last Olympics, at USO-2008, at US series sometimes, against Federer at AO, against Djokovic at Rome-2011. Where is Murray now?

retister
03-28-2013, 10:45 PM
2010 was pretty awful throughout after a pretty nice AO, despite the Ljubo fairytale.

Fortunately, Rafa is back to make them all buckle down. They will have to work their asses off just to avoid being exposed as clowns by him.

ProdigyEng
03-28-2013, 10:45 PM
the man who pushing and grinding like wozniacki and playing shitty tennis. Also I know Andy Murray, the man who had played beatiful tennis at last Olympics, at USO-2008, at US series sometimes, against Federer at AO, against Djokovic at Rome-2011. Where is Murray now?

I think you forgot to mention Murray who plays beautiful Tennis all grass seasons, he does not push on grass, plays some beautiful Tennis in WTF, and usually beautiful Tennis in asia swing.

But you think he's a mug for pushing through other periods of the year? You do realize players use the right tactics to win, not to impress fans with so called 'beautiful' Tennis.

MuzzahLovah
03-28-2013, 10:50 PM
I thought it was only the last set he played badly there. Delpo was very smart, played some very clever tennis.

If he needs to clip some vulture's wings on Sunday, he will clip them.

He played all the sets badly. He was lucky to win the first in the tiebreak, and only did so with a little help from DP. The break in the second was a complete gif from Murray, i think it was 4 UE's almost.

MuzzahLovah
03-28-2013, 10:55 PM

You are right. I think if Berdy gets past Gasquet, Murray will have a very tough time in the quarters. Berdy, especially on slow courts is tough for Muzz.
I'm rooting for Gasquet in part because, if Berdy reaches the final I don't think he'll beat Ferru, and Ferru winning another HC masters already is a little absurd.

Newcomer
03-28-2013, 10:56 PM
I think you forgot to mention Murray who plays beautiful Tennis all grass seasons, he does not push on grass, plays some beautiful Tennis in WTF, and usually beautiful Tennis in asia swing.

But you think he's a mug for pushing through other periods of the year? You do realize players use the right tactics to win, not to impress fans with so called 'beautiful' Tennis.

I understand it. But i'm sure he can win matches by another way. Yes, he is not Federer or Sampras, but I feel that something wrong with tennis, when I see 6'3 guy like Andy behind the baseline 90% of match. He is not physicaly limited like Isner or Simon. Yes, he won matches by cheapest way (he think, so), all in all tennis is their jobs. But i'm sure, if Federer or Agassi was playing like him at 25, they never won any big title after 30. So, it's his choice. I'm not tennis player, i'm just watcher.

Newcomer
03-28-2013, 11:00 PM

2010 was :facepalm:
But USO wasn't so bad too. Djokovic-Federer, Djokovic Nadal, Verdasco ag. your favourite...

BauerAlmeida
03-28-2013, 11:03 PM
Raised his game when he played Donald Young and Garcia Lopez didn't he, same with Raonic a couple of times...

You're to objective to be a Murray fan.

Topspindoctor
03-28-2013, 11:12 PM
Cilic is a mug, end of story. Terrible player with low talent, ugly ground strokes, terrible service motion and zero variety. To top everything off he has the charisma of a rotten wooden log. To think that people touted this clown as future slam contender after that fluke AO run makes me laugh. Plus his tendency to drop the soap in tight moments only further proves that the monobrow Yugoslav is a mediocre ballbasher not even worth top 30 ranking.

Miami has been a colossal fiasco so far with Mandy looking to bullshit his way to an undeserved titles facing either a juggernaut like Haas or a Titan like Ferrer. Embarrassing tournament worse than Paris last year :facepalm: only Berdych can save tennis by winning the title I am sorry to say....

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

rocketassist
03-28-2013, 11:25 PM
Cilic is a mug, end of story. Terrible player with low talent, ugly ground strokes, terrible service motion and zero variety. To top everything off he has the charisma of a rotten wooden log. To think that people touted this clown as future slam contender after that fluke AO run makes me laugh. Plus his tendency to drop the soap in tight moments only further proves that the monobrow Yugoslav is a mediocre ballbasher not even worth top 30 ranking.

Miami has been a colossal fiasco so far with Mandy looking to bullshit his way to an undeserved titles facing either a juggernaut like Haas or a Titan like Ferrer. Embarrassing tournament worse than Paris last year :facepalm: only Berdych can save tennis by winning the title I am sorry to say....

Paris had Ferrer, Simon, inexperienced Janowicz and Tankga. This line up when Berdych wins will be far stronger than that.

ProdigyEng
03-28-2013, 11:46 PM

So because I'm unbias I shouldn't be a Murray fan?

Sapeod
03-28-2013, 11:49 PM
What is your problem?? You know I'm correct here so why are you arguing?

And don't bring random losses up. Everyone has them and most of those were years ago :lol: Can you not accept that Andy's form varies depending on who he's playing?? Jesus, it isn't that hard to see that it does. Watch and learn!

Crowdmaker
03-29-2013, 12:36 AM
Cilic saved 4 break points in 1st service game, then broke Murray twice, but couldn’t
confirm lead as 1st serve was nowhere to be found.
Served 2 consecutive double-faults when trying to stay in 1st set.
On the other hand Murray had couple of net-cords and ball just falling onto Marin’s side
of the court, then couple of aces too when winning that 1st set.
To sum up; Marin lost all his chances in that 1st set; rest was routine for Murray.

ProdigyEng
03-29-2013, 12:53 AM
What is your problem?? You know I'm correct here so why are you arguing?

And don't bring random losses up. Everyone has them and most of those were years ago :lol: Can you not accept that Andy's form varies depending on who he's playing?? Jesus, it isn't that hard to see that it does. Watch and learn!

I'd rather see Andy playing well during matches instead of being lazy and relying on clutch game to get himself out of a mess. I mean you admitted before you didn't even watch the majority of the match because you were out. Of course it might of been a big priority for you to be out, or you were out and you didn't care about coming home to yet another boring Murray match. Him playing like he is, it's boring and you know it.

Sapeod
03-29-2013, 12:56 AM
I'd rather see Andy playing well during matches instead of being lazy and relying on clutch game to get himself out of a mess. I mean you admitted before you didn't even watch the majority of the match because you were out. Of course it might of been a big priority for you to be out, or you were out and you didn't care about coming home to yet another boring Murray match. Him playing like he is, it's boring and you know it.
Andy plays well quite a lot, stop having a hissy fit. From the sounds of it, Andy played as well as he needed and that's fine by me. I enjoy him play even when is "boring" because I'm a true fan of his! Stop being such a baby and realise that his form depends on who's he playing, unless he's in fantastic form and playing well all the time. In form or not, he's a treat to watch. Stop bitching.

Topspindoctor
03-29-2013, 01:02 AM
Andy plays well quite a lot, stop having a hissy fit. From the sounds of it, Andy played as well as he needed and that's fine by me. I enjoy him play even when is "boring" because I'm a true fan of his! Stop being such a baby and realise that his form depends on who's he playing, unless he's in fantastic form and playing well all the time. In form or not, he's a treat to watch. Stop bitching.

ProdigyEng
03-29-2013, 01:04 AM

How does me saying I want to see him play better Tennis make me a baby? A true fan of his yet you didn't even watch his match today? LOL. Pathetic, you really are. Just because I'm more critical of Andy than you are, doesn't mean I'm not a TRUE fan. I find to really be a TRUE fan of someone you have to be critical of them once in a while and not only point out their strengths but also their weaknesses. If I'm constantly just jizzing my pants over him and going 'OMG WOW ANDY IS SO GREAT, ALL DA FREAKING TIME, WOOOO YAY', even when he wins, there is no proper mental investment, it's robotic. I feel investment and connections with the player I support when I can be critical of them, as well as praise them.

Of course, I've heard the stories about you stopping supporting Del Potro because he wasn't winning as much as you'd like, and it just proves how much of a glory hunter you are. If you actually have fun watching him even when he's playing god awful, then well, I dunno what to say, but it's still pretty damn weird. I'm a member on a Murray forum, and plenty of others on there don't like the way he's playing right now? Are they all bad fans too? Should the follow the Clownpeod way of thinking and suck Murray's proverbial penis so much that they're too blind to admit their favourite players faults?

I'd rather be an honest fan, then a fan boy like yourself :bigwave:

Moozza
03-29-2013, 01:04 AM

Murray is one of the top few talented players on the tour. He is great to watch, get over it hater.

janko05
03-29-2013, 01:08 AM

these I love :D

ProdigyEng
03-29-2013, 01:15 AM
these I love :D

Thanks, it's healthy to joke about your favourite players once in a while.

leng jai
03-29-2013, 01:17 AM
An out of form Murray is the best spectacle in tennis.

BroTree123
03-29-2013, 01:53 AM

SliceAce
03-29-2013, 02:35 AM
How does Sillyic keep rising in the rankings while he keeps losing? Is there some kind of rankings glitch or is everyone else really that bad? :tape:

MuzzahLovah
03-29-2013, 02:47 AM
How does Sillyic keep rising in the rankings while he keeps losing? Is there some kind of rankings glitch or is everyone else really that bad? :tape:

Rankings are not dependent on how often you beat Murray. Or else Fed couldn't have been number 1 all those years. ;)

Slade
03-29-2013, 05:18 AM
Congrats on the victory Cilic :yeah:

Marcoo
03-29-2013, 09:44 AM
Yeah, Murray plays well right now. Won't be surprised if he wins the tournament :)

pierricbross
03-29-2013, 11:14 AM
Murray saves tennis by defeating over-hyped pretender :worship:

born_on_clay
03-29-2013, 11:28 AM
Mugrin :facepalm:

Sombrerero loco
03-29-2013, 03:07 PM
it was a really good match in the end, and an awful one in the beginning
well done andy

Deathless Mortal
03-29-2013, 03:59 PM
Disappointed with the scoreline, hoped Marin will at least take a set. Still a good tournament for him. :yeah:

Couldn't watch the match but as far as I can see he broke 3 times and was in a lot of Murray's service games. Also, I said Murray will win the match and didn't wrongly predict the whole thing like you for the previous match, so a pretty poor try there. :lol:

nolesfan2011
03-29-2013, 04:18 PM
solid enough stuff from Murray, not perfect but he didn't let Cilic really get ahead in the match and get motivated, good enough.

Sapeod
03-30-2013, 08:02 PM
How does me saying I want to see him play better Tennis make me a baby? A true fan of his yet you didn't even watch his match today? LOL. Pathetic, you really are. Just because I'm more critical of Andy than you are, doesn't mean I'm not a TRUE fan. I find to really be a TRUE fan of someone you have to be critical of them once in a while and not only point out their strengths but also their weaknesses. If I'm constantly just jizzing my pants over him and going 'OMG WOW ANDY IS SO GREAT, ALL DA FREAKING TIME, WOOOO YAY', even when he wins, there is no proper mental investment, it's robotic. I feel investment and connections with the player I support when I can be critical of them, as well as praise them.

Of course, I've heard the stories about you stopping supporting Del Potro because he wasn't winning as much as you'd like, and it just proves how much of a glory hunter you are. If you actually have fun watching him even when he's playing god awful, then well, I dunno what to say, but it's still pretty damn weird. I'm a member on a Murray forum, and plenty of others on there don't like the way he's playing right now? Are they all bad fans too? Should the follow the Clownpeod way of thinking and suck Murray's proverbial penis so much that they're too blind to admit their favourite players faults?

I'd rather be an honest fan, then a fan boy like yourself :bigwave:
I didn't see his match because, you know, I was busy, with important stuff such as school, studying, prelims, friends, birthdays etc. :wavey:

You're overreacting massively here. The original argument is on whether or not Andy's form changes depending on what sort of player he plays, which it does. You disagree with me so I'm a delusional fanboy for saying his level gets better when he plays better players?? Seemed that way in the Gasquet match, did it not??
Also, I'm calling you a baby because you're overreacting and blubbering.

Also, whoever told you that story obviously has no clue what they're talking about. I bandwagoned Potro for about 2 months during his injury and jumped off before he even made his comeback. He wasn't even doing anything during my time on his bandwagon :lol: Yeah, total gloryhunter, bandwagoning a player when he's injured and not playing :haha:

You're relatively new to the forum and I can already tell you're doing to be a rather unremarkable addition to it.

ProdigyEng
03-30-2013, 08:36 PM
I didn't see his match because, you know, I was busy, with important stuff such as school, studying, prelims, friends, birthdays etc. :wavey:

You're overreacting massively here. The original argument is on whether or not Andy's form changes depending on what sort of player he plays, which it does. You disagree with me so I'm a delusional fanboy for saying his level gets better when he plays better players?? Seemed that way in the Gasquet match, did it not??
Also, I'm calling you a baby because you're overreacting and blubbering.

Also, whoever told you that story obviously has no clue what they're talking about. I bandwagoned Potro for about 2 months during his injury and jumped off before he even made his comeback. He wasn't even doing anything during my time on his bandwagon :lol: Yeah, total gloryhunter, bandwagoning a player when he's injured and not playing :haha:

You're relatively new to the forum and I can already tell you're doing to be a rather unremarkable addition to it.

:rolleyes:

You know saying this will challenge your status as Murray's biggest fanboy :devil:

leng jai
03-30-2013, 09:16 PM
You had school, studying, prelims, friends, and multiple birthdays all at once? That's an exceedingly busy day :speakles: