Jerzy Janowicz opens Facebook page and adresses Bellucci match situation.... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Jerzy Janowicz opens Facebook page and adresses Bellucci match situation....

ProdigyEng
03-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Well, Jerzy just opened a Facebook page earlier today, and his first post was to address false comments made by the Polish Media in regards to what happened in the Belluci match. He also explains the reasoning for his behavior during the match:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=468877536515104&id=468389506563907

Hello everyone!

I’ve never used any social media to issue any official statements or explanations, but it’s time to make an exception. It is all about the fact that information, which was released after my last match in Miami, are totally distorted. In fact I try not to care about what the press write about me, although I always take your praise and criticism, provided that both are constructive and reasonable. But if after my match, which was recorded and available for everyone, I got to know that I harmed a ball boy I am powerless. I have never insulted or harmed ball boy, because that situation wasn’t his fault! Information published by press and news websites is rubbish, which, in my opinion, are written only to cause a great “sensation”. As for other incorrect information – I wasn’t quarelling with the umpire. I was DISCUSSING with him in a courtesy way! Do you know about what? Let at least one person tell me what my talk with the umprie was about and how it was proceeding! If there is nobody who knows that, I’ll tell you… From the very beginning there was a problem with Brazilian audience (80% of total amount). When I was entering the court, the fans of Bellucci were approaching me and shouting “Poland go home”! Did you know about that? No? In the first set the audience was whistling when I showed the umpire the print of the ball. But probably in general opinion showing the umpire that he made a mistake is a gross, intolerable and boorish behavior. Also in the first set when I was tying my shoe, Brazilian audience woke up again and started to shout and whistle. If I knew it was a problem, I would order a pair of shoes with Velcro. Then again the Brazilian crowd was clapping and waving their flags after each unsuccessful service, so my discussions with the line umpire was about the behavior of the crowd. The umpire told me that he was trying to deal with it and he knew that it was disturbing me. Bellucci’s coach intervened few times and tried to calm down the fans of his player. I would tolerate everything, but when they started to insult at me in Russian I decided it was too much. Even my coach, who is considered to be “an oasis of peace”, bursted out and quarreled with the people, who were throwing rubbish at him and showing some strange gestures from the beginning of the match. It means that journalists again reveal a fake view of Polish athletics – as the worst ones, and they don’t know or omit crutial facts…
I understand that I was criticized after Australian Open and I was not defending myself. But I totally cannot agree with the news, which were created after my last match in Miami. That news are pitiful, which depart from the truth.

I hope that I managed to show you what was happening during my match. If not, you can continue insulting me (but then please at least watch the match – not just read absolutely subjective articles). I also promise that I will be practicing hard and my motivation is increased at least 3times.

Take care,
JJ

Very professional statement here from Jerzy. So often players can be mis understood and criticized by fans watching on TV when they lose their minds in matches, due to people not knowing the full story. It's great that Jerzy once again admits he was wrong for doing what he did in Australia. Whereas here, well can you really blame his behavior when the crowd were on his back from the start making comments (that may have been racist, still not clear), as well as harassing his coach? Of course more experienced players would probably deal with it better than JJ did, but still crowds abuse to him is not excusable, and the fact that Belluci's coach was also trying to calm things down, just proves how bad things were.

Topspindoctor
03-28-2013, 06:03 PM
Who cares about this journeyman. He has done nothing in his career and already behaving like some sort of superstar, he will have to pay people to follow him on twitter and FB. my advice to him would be to actually develop a game that puts him into top 20 although I doubt this mug is capable of even that. One fluke masters final that no one cares about and he's behaving like Serena Williams :superlol:

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

ProdigyEng
03-28-2013, 06:04 PM
Who cares about this journeyman. He has done nothing in his career and already behaving like some sort of superstar, he will have to pay people to follow him on twitter and FB. my advice to him would be to actually develop a game that puts him into top 20 although I doubt this mug is capable of even that. One fluke masters final that no one cares about and he's behaving like Serena Williams :superlol:

Who cares about you?

Chris Kuerten
03-28-2013, 06:06 PM
Jerzy is a good guy, he will achieve great things eventually. He went from Challengers to reaching the final of a Masters event last year, that obviously affects a young player like him. Great explanation of the situation.

tennisfan856
03-28-2013, 06:11 PM
Sometimes, it's just better to let it go and move on. A facebook statement isn't going to change much except for people like mtf users since the media have moved on as well.

philosophicalarf
03-28-2013, 06:11 PM

Going to assume you're trolling, in which case: 2 out of 10. Poor effort.

Alex999
03-28-2013, 06:12 PM
well, nobody cares about anybody any more. I'll try to be a nice guy and say I care about prodigy and topspin :hug:

Alex999
03-28-2013, 06:17 PM
Jerzy is a good guy, he will achieve great things eventually. He went from Challengers to reaching the final of a Masters event last year, that obviously affects a young player like him. Great explanation of the situation.
with all respect, really not so sure about it. I wish him luck as to all youngsters, but I'd like him to tone down his ego.

ProdigyEng
03-28-2013, 06:17 PM
Sometimes, it's just better to let it go and move on. A facebook statement isn't going to change much since the media have moved on as well.

Of course it isn't going to change something. But it is still good for him to inform people of what actually happened, so they don't go mindlessly generating an opinion on him based on false facts.

In reply to TopSpinDoctor. Jerzy isn't going to be a failure, nor is he a journeyman. Since when did journeymen make 3rd round of Wimbledon in their first tournament, after also going through qualifying? Since when did journeyman go through qualifying for a Masters 1000 and make the Final of it? You seriously are a poor troll with no sense about the game. It's not often that players can make such a massive leap in the rankings and back it up right away, can't wait for Jerzy to prove you wrong though :bigwave:

ProdigyEng
03-28-2013, 06:19 PM
Compare Jerzy's ranking rise to being promoted to a higher position in a company you work for. Of course you wouldn't be in the position if you weren't good enough to be there, but you will still take a while to settle in to the new level, and make some mistakes.

RIboy
03-28-2013, 06:21 PM
when he has signed w/ Adidas?

ProdigyEng
03-28-2013, 06:22 PM
with all respect, really not so sure about it. I wish him luck as to all youngsters, but I'd like him to tone down his ego.

I wouldn't be surprised if you end up as a Jerzy fan, when he calms down, you were a Tomic fan one minute, and then you stopped being his fan the next. Bandwaggon999

ProdigyEng
03-28-2013, 06:23 PM
when he has signed w/ Adidas?

End of Indian Wells I think.

Topspindoctor
03-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Of course it isn't going to change something. But it is still good for him to inform people of what actually happened, so they don't go mindlessly generating an opinion on him based on false facts.

In reply to TopSpinDoctor. Jerzy isn't going to be a failure, nor is he a journeyman. Since when did journeymen make 3rd round of Wimbledon in their first tournament, after also going through qualifying? Since when did journeyman go through qualifying for a Masters 1000 and make the Final of it? You seriously are a poor troll with no sense about the game. It's not often that players can make such a massive leap in the rankings and back it up right away, can't wait for Jerzy to prove you wrong though :bigwave:

Nadal was a slam champ as teenager... Get back to me when one of the new guns does the same. In fact the lack of talent right now is really pathetic, some mug flukes a final of masters and he is touted as future goat. :lol: trust me this janowicz character will not be winning anything big and you are only setting yourself up for future ridicule by claiming such

CooCooCachoo
03-28-2013, 06:30 PM
There is some clear language inconsistency in the post, suggesting that someone else wrote the first few sentences, after which Jerzy himself chimed in.

Aside from that, I appreciate the post. If Janowicz realizes that his biggest weakness is his mental attitude and learns to overcome this, I think he could be a solid Top 30 player.

Burrow
03-28-2013, 06:35 PM

You're playing a dangerous game saying this as a Novak Djokovic admirer.

The Prince
03-28-2013, 06:38 PM
It would help if he got a better translator.

swisht4u
03-28-2013, 06:41 PM
I saw that match. I couldn't hear what the crowd was saying but they were on him pretty heavy.
It's good he came out and set the record straight.

He has some amazing talent but is very rough, he needs practice without a doubt and he looks to have the fire in him to put in the hard work.

These kind of experiences will help him eventually, most players have to go through it now and then, it's just a matter of handling the situations calmly which takes some maturity and time.

ProdigyEng
03-28-2013, 06:41 PM
Nadal was a slam champ as teenager... Get back to me when one of the new guns does the same. In fact the lack of talent right now is really pathetic, some mug flukes a final of masters and he is touted as future goat. :lol: trust me this janowicz character will not be winning anything big and you are only setting yourself up for future ridicule by claiming such

Did I ever say he was the future? No, I said he has potential to do well in the future. The fact that you still chime on about Nadal winning stuff at 19 is pathetic, and proves you are just mindlessly trolling. Tennis has changed since then.

GameSetMatch!
03-28-2013, 06:55 PM

Your such a little douche and everybody hates you.

JamieMU30
03-28-2013, 07:06 PM
Good for Jerzy:cheerleader:...You can tell that he does care and that he is not some sociopathic egotistical maniac that people(especially some of these bitter MTF tards) make him out to be...The Brazilian crowds are known historically for their outbursts and despicable behavior during matches...Being harassed by a crowd for nearly two and a half hours would be enough to push anyone over the edge...With his coach being a laid back guy and very sensible, if he was up in arms then you know something was wrong...

How can Jerzy be a journeyman at 22? :superlol: Muglucci, now that is a journeyman; completely irrelevant at 25

The trash got taken out in R3 anyways, so good luck to Jerzy in the clay season...And congrats on signing with Adidas:wavey: Onwards and upwards, Jerzy Jagger:)

Dougie
03-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Jerzy seems to be quite an emotional guy. In a way it´s good that he sets the record straight, but on the other hand, he shouldn´t be so upset about these kind of things in the first place. I´m, sure it´s annoying trying to play with the noisy brazilian fans, but it´s just one of those things you have to deal with. Getting so upset and continuing it in facebook only takes his focus away from more important things.

ProdigyEng
03-28-2013, 08:19 PM
Jerzy seems to be quite an emotional guy. In a way it´s good that he sets the record straight, but on the other hand, he shouldn´t be so upset about these kind of things in the first place. I´m, sure it´s annoying trying to play with the noisy brazilian fans, but it´s just one of those things you have to deal with. Getting so upset and continuing it in facebook only takes his focus away from more important things.

You're right he shouldn't be upset by these things... that will come with time.

latso
03-28-2013, 08:27 PM
I disagree about the Brazilian crowd being known for whatever bad behavior (except for what concerns Argentinian adversaries of any kind...).

Brazilian crowds are known for making a great atmosphere, play samba, play instruments, etc., but not necessarily being bad.

I have my best memory of watching live tennis, being right inside the Brazilian crowd during the 1992 (or 93) DC semi Switzerland - Brazil in Geneva.

They were playing music, singing and dancing after every point and it was just awesome :)

Jverweij
03-28-2013, 08:49 PM

Nadal Nadal Nadal Nadal Nadal.. you´re like a record that´s stuck on loop. Maybe if you stopped taking Nadal as the norm and just treat him as an exception, you wouldn´t have such a distorted view of tennis.

Jverweij
03-28-2013, 08:54 PM
I disagree about the Brazilian crowd being known for whatever bad behavior (except for what concerns Argentinian adversaries of any kind...).

Brazilian crowds are known for making a great atmosphere, play samba, play instruments, etc., but not necessarily being bad.

I have my best memory of watching live tennis, being right inside the Brazilian crowd during the 1992 (or 93) DC semi Switzerland - Brazil in Geneva.

They were playing music, singing and dancing after every point and it was just awesome :)

didnt they boo the very same Belluci off the court just over a month ago? Even though when I think of Brazilian crowds I tend to agree with your general assessment they haven't been on their best behavior these 2 tourneys.

Julián Santiago
03-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Janowicz needs to stay calm and moderate his temper.

And needs to practice a lot of outdoor tennis

Good move opening a Facebook.

Mateya
03-28-2013, 09:13 PM
After reading this I support Jerzy 100% :D

Retarded crowd like that has no place in tennis stadium.
I like to make drama so you know what I would do? I would stop playing, call the supervisor and say that I'll retire due to unplayable conditions and dangerous hostile crowd. Leaving a bitter taste to brasilian "victory". Take that, morons. :wavey:
Of course I would probably get fined from ATP (or WTA in my case) but I don't care. :lol: I have no interest losing a match just because of some retarded crowd, which officials are unable to handle.

Kat_YYZ
03-28-2013, 10:20 PM
seems like a reasonable explanation from JJ. hope he learns to ignore the crowd and realize that he shouldn't take it personally; they want to unhinge him so that the player they are cheering for wins; they may not necessarily even believe the ugly things they say, it's just a tactic.

If you believe the press has gone too far in distorting something and the story is getting a lot of attention, it's a good idea to give your side. Just don't go chasing after every little rumour and criticism of you and addressing it, because that will surely not be a good thing for you, it'll just drive you nuts.

emotion
03-28-2013, 10:29 PM
I like his tone :lol:
He overreacted, but didn't do anything too bad, I watched most of it

ProdigyEng
03-28-2013, 10:29 PM
Janowicz needs to stay calm and moderate his temper.

And needs to practice a lot of outdoor tennis

Good move opening a Facebook.

Indeed, he should visit anger management, because I feel once he is calm he will do wonders, just like in Paris, where he was calm.

Outdoors his forehand seems to let him down, he needs to control it, as he can't consistently hit his forehand in with the conditions, whereas indoor it's much more predictable what conditions will be like.

Nathaliia
03-28-2013, 11:07 PM
he submitted this post because there were some manipulated articles in the polish mainstream media on that match that was actually broadcasted, so journalists' agenda wasn't fully sold like they hoped for (most of comments of people who watched the match defended JJ against the articles' descriptions)

and yes, that's a polish thing to diss our own sportsmen, first they were hating on aga, now moved on to hating jerzy

don't ask me why, i have no idea

this post is directed at journalists

and btw, no, he hasn't signed with adidas, only was testing products

ProdigyEng
03-28-2013, 11:19 PM
he submitted this post because there were some manipulated articles in the polish mainstream media on that match that was actually broadcasted, so journalists' agenda wasn't fully sold like they hoped for (most of comments of people who watched the match defended JJ against the articles' descriptions)

and yes, that's a polish thing to diss our own sportsmen, first they were hating on aga, now moved on to hating jerzy

don't ask me why, i have no idea

this post is directed at journalists

and btw, no, he hasn't signed with adidas, only was testing products

So any information on when he will have a clothing deal? Is he now going to be back to wearing whatever Nike give him?

Also thanks for offering to translate for me before btw :hug:

MrPlateperson
03-29-2013, 02:07 AM
Just the other day Isner was mouthing off about Brazillian fans at the Davis Cup. From what Im hearing the fans were just being slightly annoying. Shouldnt be affecting your play though.

Snowwy
03-29-2013, 02:13 AM
Indeed, he should visit anger management, because I feel once he is calm he will do wonders, just like in Paris, where he was calm.

Outdoors his forehand seems to let him down, he needs to control it, as he can't consistently hit his forehand in with the conditions, whereas indoor it's much more predictable what conditions will be like.

Interesting that on the challenger tour, he is not that great indoors. Only 26-21

SliceAce
03-29-2013, 02:33 AM

I 100% agree with Topspindoctor :eek: Only thing more pathetic than this ball-basher nobody is the OP suddenly deciding he's a fan because Mugowicz insulted Federer. You should post this in his fan forum...oh wait Prodigy didn't even start posting there until this year :haha:

Gris
03-29-2013, 03:21 AM
Jerzy is an emotional man in many ways, hope one day he will be able to overcome his "inner beast".

Nice to see that he has realized this.

martinatreue
03-29-2013, 04:09 AM
Me thinks some of the Brazilian fans have not learned to distinguish between a football match and a tennis match. Throwing rubbish at a coach and insulting people in Russian and cheering faults are not acceptable in the least. This doesn't mean that all Brazilian fans behave this way, but it does mean that the ones who did behave that way should have been ejected.

heya
03-29-2013, 04:16 AM
Kuerten can laugh at his so-called Brazilian fans, then.

JJ didn't pretend he was an angelic ambassador, unlike Federer.

He's not apologizing for not bowing down to Federer shrine, therefore he's a despicable player and individual? You don't need Slams to be very intelligent. Look at Roddick.

How many times did Federer believe
the "gracious" Fed love comments from the media and bad oppponents? Everyone, who tried to portray Federer as the best & friendliest guy, and had an agenda for profiting off of Federer propaganda, could try to annoy Fed's opponents to bring Fed success.

Yet, Fed fans have mock outrage whenever a player dared to say anything he wants. It's not like he thinks he has nothing to lose then calls Djoker an "unimpressive" player or cluelessly insults him &
Nadal. Leave that classlessness to Federina.

heya
03-29-2013, 04:38 AM
You're playing a dangerous game saying this as a Novak Djokovic admirer.

True true. Is Fed humblelina?

martinatreue
03-29-2013, 05:55 AM

He's not apologizing for not bowing down to Federer shrine, therefore he's a despicable player and individual? You don't need Slams to be very intelligent. Look at Roddick.

the "gracious" Fed love comments from the media and bad oppponents? Everyone, who tried to portray Federer as the best & friendliest guy, and had an agenda for profiting off of Federer propaganda, could try to annoy Fed's opponents to bring Fed success.

Yet, Fed fans have mock outrage whenever a player dared to say anything he wants. It's not like he thinks he has nothing to lose then calls Djoker an "unimpressive" player or cluelessly insults him &

How did Federer become part of this discussion? By the way, whom are you addressing with your post?:confused::confused:

BroTree123
03-29-2013, 05:57 AM
What an attention seeking baby :o Grow some balls ffs.

SVK
03-29-2013, 06:25 AM
Title: Jerzy Janowicz opens Facebook page and adresses Belluci match situation....

*open the thread*

Nadal

Federer
Roddick

Henry Chinaski
03-29-2013, 06:48 AM
So any information on when he will have a clothing deal? Is he now going to be back to wearing whatever Nike give him?

Also thanks for offering to translate for me before btw :hug:

He just signed with Lagardere Unlimited (hence the new Facebook page) so I'm sure they'll find him a nice new deal pretty soon.

Most of their players seem to wear Lacoste at some point though JJ might not exactly fit their image...

Sri
03-29-2013, 07:05 AM
Title: Jerzy Janowicz opens Facebook page and adresses Belluci match situation....

*open the thread*

:devil: Welcome to MTF! :angel:

AnnaK_4ever
03-29-2013, 09:32 AM
What a wussy.

There is a far better way to deal with a hostile crowd. What about actually winning the match? Like this, for instance:

lw9HmQRyTVo?rel=0

Marcoo
03-29-2013, 09:39 AM
Nice, I like this idea. I like him and his tennis so I'll definitely go there from time to time :)

Dark Knight
03-29-2013, 09:42 AM

LOL dude do you even read the thread title before commenting??? :superlol:

Dark Knight
03-29-2013, 09:46 AM
Well, Jerzy just opened a Facebook page earlier today, and his first post was to address false comments made by the Polish Media in regards to what happened in the Belluci match. He also explains the reasoning for his behavior during the match:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=468877536515104&id=468389506563907

Very professional statement here from Jerzy. So often players can be mis understood and criticized by fans watching on TV when they lose their minds in matches, due to people not knowing the full story. It's great that Jerzy once again admits he was wrong for doing what he did in Australia. Whereas here, well can you really blame his behavior when the crowd were on his back from the start making comments (that may have been racist, still not clear), as well as harassing his coach? Of course more experienced players would probably deal with it better than JJ did, but still crowds abuse to him is not excusable, and the fact that Belluci's coach was also trying to calm things down, just proves how bad things were.

Jerzy seems to be a straight forward and emotional guy. Still he needs ignore such mindless crowds as much has he can.

Like his game and wish him all the best for future. :)

Jverweij
03-29-2013, 11:22 AM

:facepalm: have you ever heard yourself talk? You have an uncanning ability to link every single post to either Roddick or Federer, who both of them must have refused to sign your shirt at some point in time. Also, you make no sense whatsoever, but I guess that's your "charm"

ProdigyEng
03-29-2013, 11:41 AM
What a wussy.

There is a far better way to deal with a hostile crowd. What about actually winning the match? Like this, for instance:

lw9HmQRyTVo?rel=0

:facepalm:

Sharapova with Millions about dollars and a team who will have got her prepared for these situations vs Jerzy Janowicz with probably just a million dollars, and a guy who hasn't even got proper sponsor's yet let alone a team who prepares him for these situations.

AnnaK_4ever
03-29-2013, 12:25 PM
:facepalm:

Sharapova with Millions about dollars and a team who will have got her prepared for these situations vs Jerzy Janowicz with probably just a million dollars, and a guy who hasn't even got proper sponsor's yet let alone a team who prepares him for these situations.

:stupid:

Money doesn't buy you mental toughness. You've either got the guts or not.
A tiny girl like Chakvetadze who had experienced home invasion being tied up by the burglars just two months earlier was able to hold her own against the barbarian crowd and respond in the best possible way -- by winning.
Too bad Janowicz turned out to be such a mental midget, and, what's even more embarrassing, a whiny one.

janko05
03-29-2013, 12:35 PM
What a wussy.

lw9HmQRyTVo?rel=0

LOL Chakvetadze made Hewitt look like an amateur in that one

ProdigyEng
03-29-2013, 12:38 PM
:stupid:

Money doesn't buy you mental toughness. You've either got the guts or not.
A tiny girl like Chakvetadze who had experienced home invasion being tied up by the burglars just two months earlier was able to hold her own against the barbarian crowd and respond in the best possible way -- by winning.
Too bad Janowicz turned out to be such a mental midget, and, what's even more embarrassing, a whiny one.

Money can buy him a mental strength coach/anger management. Trust me, I used to have poor mental strength but it can easily be controlled.

ProdigyEng
03-29-2013, 12:40 PM
Oh also, I'm sure Jerzy would be able to deal with Davis Cup crowds, he's played plenty of Davis Cup before, and whereas he may have not come prepared for this match with Belluci, I'm sure Polish team would warn them all of how bad some crowds can be.

Sombrerero loco
03-29-2013, 03:09 PM
jurek rules. he is just the best :bowdown: gotta love him

paseo
03-29-2013, 03:12 PM
I'm disappointed.

This Janowicz talks big. But when the going gets tough, he opens a facebook page to explain himself, like a teenage girl. I had high hopes. Looks like I'm gonna have to put it all on Tomic, now.

Topspindoctor
03-29-2013, 03:20 PM
I'm disappointed.

This Janowicz talks big. But when the going gets tough, he opens a facebook page to explain himself, like a teenage girl. I had high hopes. Looks like I'm gonna have to put it all on Tomic, now.

Make sure you are not putting real money or you'll end up on the street before long.

Ivelina_P
03-29-2013, 03:27 PM
From the few clips I saw,the Brazilian crowd was really disrespectful and deserved to be put in its place :mad:
But Jerzy should work on controlling his reactions,this could easily ruin his carreer.Though I'm not sure how you can control yourself under the double pressure of a/a touch match b/an outrageous crowd

Ivelina_P
03-29-2013, 03:28 PM
I'm disappointed.

he didn't open it "to explain himself",it's normal to have a FB page after all,it just coincided

ProdigyEng
03-29-2013, 04:30 PM
I'm disappointed.

Nah it's coincidence bro. Are Federer, Nadal, Murray or Djokovic girls for addressing false media accusations for when there's false news about them? Didn't think so. Janowicz is a rising star and it's no surprise he is now on Facebook.

Also I remember TopSpinDoctor saying he'd have to pay people to get likes on Facebook... well since he signed up he already has 2100 likes which is not bad at all for a so called journeyman.

Kyle_Johansen
03-29-2013, 06:45 PM
Feldman gets banned and heya and topspindoctor are still here. Something is wrong.

Hypnotize
03-29-2013, 08:30 PM
Why are you so obsessed with uncovering racism at all of Janowicz's matches? :confused:

I watched the match and the crowd were disrespectful but Janowicz only had himself to blame. He should have ignored them but instead he provoked them which only made them worse. The Facebook statement wasn't that great either. It would have been far more professional if he had set the record straight about the ball boy (which I hadn't heard about) but admitted he handled the situation poorly. Instead he just whines and blames everyone but himself.

ProdigyEng
03-29-2013, 08:53 PM
Why are you so obsessed with uncovering racism at all of Janowicz's matches? :confused:

I watched the match and the crowd were disrespectful but Janowicz only had himself to blame. He should have ignored them but instead he provoked them which only made them worse. The Facebook statement wasn't that great either. It would have been far more professional if he had set the record straight about the ball boy (which I hadn't heard about) but admitted he handled the situation poorly. Instead he just whines and blames everyone but himself.

How was that comment trying to uncover racism? Since I said myself that it wasn't even proven, even though there was reports on comments that may have been racist...

JamieMU30
03-29-2013, 10:46 PM

Why are you so obsessed with making negative comments about Jerzy? Everytime someone says something positive about Jerzy in any kind of way, you chime in to bash him...Contrary to what you said, it is professional of him to address the situation and set the record straight...If you watched the match or were there in person, it was way more than just "disrespectful"...You are gliding over the Brazilian crowd's antics to justify what they did to Jerzy

Your hatred of Jerzy is unparalleled and it is really sad that you feel the need to bash him and call him
names at every juncture, despite his effort to explain a situation...Please stop your obsessive and psychotic witchhunt of Jerzy and everything he says and/or does...What you say is so transparent and the purpose is obvious...Such negative fanaticism only makes you look desperately pressed, bro:wavey:

danieln1
03-29-2013, 11:22 PM
If he can´t handle a partisan crowd then he should retire. He think he is the biggest star :facepalm:

Yolita
03-30-2013, 06:07 AM
The Brazilian crowd wasn't the best, but it was a small court. It doesn't compare with having the main arena's crowd against you. And even that he should be able to handle.

The way Jerzy was treated doesn't even come close to some of the crowds Novak has had to face, Roland Garros semifinal against Federer in 2011 comes to mind. People yelling "Kill the Serb" during a Davis Cup match against Croatia, the NY crowd booing him... Nole just dealt with those crowds, some of those events were when he was younger than Jerzy.

I think Jerzy has to learn to deal with hostile crowds and not be a cry-baby.

Also, the whole "bad-ass, bad boy" image that he tried to sell in Paris just took a hit with him obviously pandering to the media with that post. Going as far as explaining that he was not quarrelling with the umpire, just "discussing" with courtesy. :rolleyes: Give me a break Jerzy! Did Novak use his Facebook to explain to the world what had really happened with Roddick? To give his version of events? No he didn't. He took his punches and moved on.

After Paris, I jumped on Jerzy's bandwagon, I have to admit. But since then, there has been too much drama and too little good tennis. Time to grow up, Jerzy.

I think I'll stick to my old fave Gulbis for the time being. I've been a fan of his for 5 years now. :lol:

PorkBarrel
03-30-2013, 06:53 AM
The Brazilian crowd wasn't the best, but it was a small court. It doesn't compare with having the main arena's crowd against you. And even that he should be able to handle.

The way Jerzy was treated doesn't even come close to some of the crowds Novak has had to face, Roland Garros semifinal against Federer in 2011 comes to mind. People yelling "Kill the Serb" during a Davis Cup match against Croatia, the NY crowd booing him... Nole just dealt with those crowds, some of those events were when he was younger than Jerzy.

I think Jerzy has to learn to deal with hostile crowds and not be a cry-baby.

Also, the whole "bad-ass, bad boy" image that he tried to sell in Paris just took a hit with him obviously pandering to the media with that post. Going as far as explaining that he was not quarrelling with the umpire, just "discussing" with courtesy. :rolleyes: Give me a break Jerzy! Did Novak use his Facebook to explain to the world what had really happened with Roddick? To give his version of events? No he didn't. He took his punches and moved on.

After Paris, I jumped on Jerzy's bandwagon, I have to admit. But since then, there has been too much drama and too little good tennis. Time to grow up, Jerzy.

I think I'll stick to my old fave Gulbis for the time being. I've been a fan of his for 5 years now. :lol:
Erm, what bad-ass, bad boy image did he try to sell in Paris? :confused:

I only remember teary interviews on Sky Sports during his run. (http://youtu.be/93lBUhcR3NA)

Alex999
03-30-2013, 07:04 AM
The problem with Jerzy is his bad nerves and his huge ego. There are so many players who are more talented but nobody talks about them. Somehow Jan is so special. I really don't get it. My apologies to his fans :). The way I see it, Tomic and him are just two spoiled brats, immature punks if you wish.

Naudio Spanlatine
03-30-2013, 09:00 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/3e9412071bfac7f462d8f8ea79ed17f1/tumblr_miaf14G0P01riblnco1_500.gif

Hypnotize
03-30-2013, 07:17 PM
Why are you so obsessed with making negative comments about Jerzy? Everytime someone says something positive about Jerzy in any kind of way, you chime in to bash him...Contrary to what you said, it is professional of him to address the situation and set the record straight...If you watched the match or were there in person, it was way more than just "disrespectful"...You are gliding over the Brazilian crowd's antics to justify what they did to Jerzy

Your hatred of Jerzy is unparalleled and it is really sad that you feel the need to bash him and call him
names at every juncture, despite his effort to explain a situation...Please stop your obsessive and psychotic witchhunt of Jerzy and everything he says and/or does...What you say is so transparent and the purpose is obvious...Such negative fanaticism only makes you look desperately pressed, bro:wavey:
I see someone has forgot to take their medication again. :cuckoo:

Noleta
03-30-2013, 07:25 PM
Wow,talk about taking yourself too seriously:spit:

JamieMU30
03-30-2013, 07:35 PM
I see someone has forgot to take their medication again. :cuckoo:

I see someone cannot stop replying to my posts:dance:...I don't need to be medicated to point out your relentless bashing and hatred of Jerzy...Get a new hobby, please and try to find a better and more productive outlet for your Jerzy hate...Did he beat your fave or something? There has to be a rational, plausible reason for your relentless bashing of him...Or is it just jealousy that he is younger than you and has done something with his life?:superlol:...Stay bitterly pressed, dude:haha:

ProdigyEng
03-30-2013, 08:27 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/3e9412071bfac7f462d8f8ea79ed17f1/tumblr_miaf14G0P01riblnco1_500.gif

Thank you for your fantastic contribution to this thread.

Yolita
03-30-2013, 11:54 PM
Erm, what bad-ass, bad boy image did he try to sell in Paris? :confused:

I only remember teary interviews on Sky Sports during his run. (http://youtu.be/93lBUhcR3NA)

Well: I didn't seed this video at the time. I'm talking about other interviews he gave during that time, where he was asked about girls and personal tastes and preferences, and he tried to present a tough-guy personality, not really bound by social conventions, etc.

In another one he said he used to be a bully at school and teachers didn't know what to do with him.

That sort of thing. I saw one of them in a video and the other was in Polish translated by somebody, I thought it was here, maybe it was somewhere else.

A couple of months later he gave that interview where he criticised top players. Sort of flaunting his fearlessness and his unconventional nature.

And now he's moaning because he had to face a partisan crowd... Poor Jerzy... He's probably the first tennis player ever to face a partisan crowd... That's why he was so ungracious at the net after losing: because the crowd's behaviour was obviously Bellucci's fault. ;)

For me handshakes at the net are important: that's me. :shrug: I didn't like the way he shook hands with Thomaz after that loss. And what he posted on facebook didn't justify that handshake at all.

His game is great, no denying that. But there are many players with great games. The ATP tour is tough, a great game is not enough. I'm sure he's finding that out. A little less ego will do wonders for him, I'm sure. So this incident will probably help him in the end. :D

ProdigyEng
03-31-2013, 12:16 AM
Well: I didn't seed this video at the time. I'm talking about other interviews he gave during that time, where he was asked about girls and personal tastes and preferences, and he tried to present a tough-guy personality, not really bound by social conventions, etc.

In another one he said he used to be a bully at school and teachers didn't know what to do with him.

That sort of thing. I saw one of them in a video and the other was in Polish translated by somebody, I thought it was here, maybe it was somewhere else.

A couple of months later he gave that interview where he criticised top players. Sort of flaunting his fearlessness and his unconventional nature.

And now he's moaning because he had to face a partisan crowd... Poor Jerzy... He's probably the first tennis player ever to face a partisan crowd... That's why he was so ungracious at the net after losing: because the crowd's behaviour was obviously Bellucci's fault. ;)

For me handshakes at the net are important: that's me. :shrug: I didn't like the way he shook hands with Thomaz after that loss. And what he posted on facebook didn't justify that handshake at all.

His game is great, no denying that. But there are many players with great games. The ATP tour is tough, a great game is not enough. I'm sure he's finding that out. A little less ego will do wonders for him, I'm sure. So this incident will probably help him in the end. :D
If it's true that he was bullied, you do realize that bullies were often once bullied themselves?

Also you're believing all this media shit, when it's been proven that they've been false on Jerzy comments in this situation. Who's to say that his comments on Djoko King and Fed were also fabricated?