Miami QF: Ferrer def. Melzer 4-6 6-3 6-0 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Miami QF: Ferrer def. Melzer 4-6 6-3 6-0

Chris Kuerten
03-27-2013, 09:57 PM
Melzer did well to string some fluke shots together in the first set, but he was simply outclassed by Ferrer in the remainder, which isn't something to be ashamed of. Glorious bagel :wavey:

Sombrerero loco
03-27-2013, 09:58 PM
bageled by ferrer :haha:

rubbERR
03-27-2013, 09:59 PM
All the MS finals vulture has been getting into has been because cakewalk draws.

Discusting overranked vulture.

Not even once he has beaten Top 4 opponent, absolutely disgrace.

MIMIC
03-27-2013, 09:59 PM
So many bagels this season

Lopez
03-27-2013, 10:00 PM
Ferru :yeah:

Make the final and win. Would be awesome!

Federer in 2
FERRERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :bounce: :cheerleader:

Horrible from him the first 2 sets, while Melzer was at 150%. But in the third, he played WEll. VERY WELL!

Great win, even if it wasn't pretty.

If someone takes out Murray somehow, the second Masters might be n the bag :eek:

RIboy
J Melzer ‏@jojomelzer 43s

My wife would say "f" word serve!

Sophitia36
03-27-2013, 10:01 PM
I don't even know what to say about this match. Apart from, perhaps, that Ferru looks damn sexy in blue. I wish I could say the same about his tennis.

Newcomer
03-27-2013, 10:02 PM
Even with bagel Melzer still was better player.
Tough result for tennis.
all hope for 35 year old man or even Simon.

Sophitia36
03-27-2013, 10:03 PM
FERRERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :bounce: :cheerleader:

Horrible from him the first 2 sets, while Melzer was at 150%. But in the third, he played WEll. VERY WELL!

Great win, even if it wasn't pretty.

If someone takes out Murray somehow, the second Masters might be n the bag :eek:

Well, I don't know how much of the bagel was due to Melzer melting down by himself, and how much was due to his being stunned by Ferru's brutal awakening. Prob a little bit of both.

emotion
03-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Melzer in the third set :lol:

Not a very good match, though Ferrer played well in the 3rd. Haas can beat this Ferrer, hopefully he can beat Simon

Certinfy
03-27-2013, 10:04 PM
This fucking vulture going to make the final of two of the last three MS events without playing anyone even decent. Of course he played Tsonga in Paris, but Tsonga was in the shittest form of his life post RG last year.

Andi-M
03-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Hopefully the #4 reaches final! Great to see 2012 Ferrer emerge for the 3rd set :D

Certinfy
03-27-2013, 10:08 PM
Hopefully the #4 reaches final! Great to see 2012 Ferrer emerge for the 3rd set :D
He's #5.

Federer in 2
03-27-2013, 10:08 PM
Well, I don't know how much of the bagel was due to Melzer melting down by himself, and how much was due to his being stunned by Ferru's brutal awakening. Prob a little bit of both.

Meh, I'm not looking at the bagel. It's just that he was finally hitting his forehand as freely and as smoothly as I wanted him to since this year started. Will see how he plays on Friday :)

Pirata.
03-27-2013, 10:09 PM
All the MS finals vulture has been getting into has been because cakewalk draws.

Discusting overranked vulture.

Not even once he has beaten Top 4 opponent, absolutely disgrace.

Are we not counting Rome 2010 where he beat Murray, Tsonga and Verdasco en route to the final.

Sophitia36
03-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Meh, I'm not looking at the bagel. It's just that he was finally hitting his forehand as freely and as smoothly as I wanted him to since this year started. Will see how he plays on Friday :)

Well, usually, he starts playing like that after losing a set. Or he never starts, which is more of a problem.

Roy Emerson
03-27-2013, 10:12 PM
If Ferrer wins Miami he would become the first Spaniard(male) to win this title. :lol:

acionescu
03-27-2013, 10:15 PM
LOLZ

and also

:bounce: :bounce:

Topspindoctor
03-27-2013, 10:16 PM
Looks like Nadal will stay at #5 because of Ferrer feasting on road kill like Melzer :rolleyes: if this nonsense gives Nadal harder draws, I will become a hater

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Naudio Spanlatine
If Ferrer wins Miami he would become the first Spaniard(male) to win this title. :lol:

Oh noes! :haha: :crying2:

Federer in 2
Well, usually, he starts playing like that after losing a set. Or he never starts, which is more of a problem.

Usually this year you mean? Because generally I feel like he used to be very sharp in 2012 from the start of every match. I was waiting to finally see that FH clicking again, cause he was playing like 70% of his shots to the middle in 2013, and even shanking quite a lot :o

leng jai
03-27-2013, 10:17 PM
Looks like Nadal will stay at #5 because of Ferrer feasting on road kill like Melzer :rolleyes: if this nonsense gives Nadal harder draws, I will become a hater

We wouldn't want that :speakles:

Roy Emerson
03-27-2013, 10:17 PM
Ferrer is the only Spaniard to win Bercy.

Moya is the only Spaniard to win Cincinnati.

madmax
03-27-2013, 10:19 PM
Mugzer started with fireworks, but of course it's impossible to keep hitting winners on this purple sandpaper court, so inevitably Vulture started making circles over the poor austrian's body and finally feasted on his dead flesh in the third. Disgusting result, but what can you do really...

Newcomer
03-27-2013, 10:23 PM
I happy to see Ferrer's tennis. He is a real genius of game. We all must to thank GOD for living in same era with that great player. What a talent, what a fantastic and incredible player he is, what a unique shotmaker.And it's hurts, when you see such mugs like Nadal, Federer and Djokovic won slams in matches with each other. And after another Ferrer's no-bagel set against top-4 i felt that he is a true GOAT of tennis. And after another GREAT run on field with tons of injured and old players i can say : FERRER IS THE BEST THING WHICH EVER HAPPENED WITH TENNIS.
WHAT A PLAYER.

Chris Kuerten
03-27-2013, 10:28 PM
We wouldn't want that :speakles::lol:

champras
03-27-2013, 10:29 PM
So many bagels this season

No wonder Nalbandian ranks Nr. 124. atm.

Melzer up 5-2 serving, I hoped for a similar result like Haas achieved yesterday, but it was not a night match and Melzer melted in the sun.
Would have been easier for Tommy for sure to reach the final. Oh, pardon, he has to beat Gilles first.

Sophitia36
03-27-2013, 10:51 PM
Usually this year you mean? Because generally I feel like he used to be very sharp in 2012 from the start of every match. I was waiting to finally see that FH clicking again, cause he was playing like 70% of his shots to the middle in 2013, and even shanking quite a lot :o

Yeah I mean usually this year.

timafi
03-27-2013, 10:53 PM
thank gawd for David :woohoo:

sammy01
03-27-2013, 10:55 PM
I really try to admire Ferrer but I just cant. He just annoys me and his game has such similar patterns of play point in point out.

misty1
03-27-2013, 10:55 PM
This fucking vulture going to make the final of two of the last three MS events without playing anyone even decent. Of course he played Tsonga in Paris, but Tsonga was in the shittest form of his life post RG last year.

wel..he did play kei. Although im aware you dont really like him so i guess you wouldnt count him as decent

its not really his fault how the draws fall apart. wouldnt people be sitting here and slamming him more if he didnt take advantage?

Orka_n
03-27-2013, 11:00 PM
David :yeah:

Haters can blow me with their pathetic accusations. Blaming Ferrer because of his draw again :zzz: There is more to tennis than the top 4, clowns

redshift36188
03-27-2013, 11:00 PM
I really try to admire Ferrer but I just cant. He just annoys me and his game has such similar patterns of play point in point out.
I have no idea how someone can enjoy his job playing that way. But maybe he doesn't.

Chair Umpire
03-27-2013, 11:19 PM
David :yeah:

Haters can blow me with their pathetic accusations. Blaming Ferrer because of his draw again :zzz: There is more to tennis than the top 4, clowns

That's exactly what you does every time that Nadal wins something remarkable, clown.

Orka_n
03-27-2013, 11:44 PM
That's exactly what you does every time that Nadal wins something remarkable, clown."Remarkable" lol Nadulltards back in full force after being MIA for half a year. Anyways you're wrong, maybe you're mixing me up with other Fedtards. Last time I did that was problably the USO 2010 (and I stand by that btw). But Lenders and his followers are repeating that shit like a mantra and I'm getting bored.

rocketassist
03-27-2013, 11:56 PM
Ferrer is favourite to be in the final- good record against Haas/Simon. He knows how to clean up the mess any top 4 exits leave behind.

While Murray remains in the draw though, this title remains out of Ferrer's reach. If Cilic or Gasquet pull off some shocks though...

BroTree123
03-27-2013, 11:57 PM
FFS, I don't actually want to eat my own underwear you know :o

Mark Lenders
03-27-2013, 11:59 PM
"Remarkable" lol Nadulltards back in full force after being MIA for half a year. Anyways you're wrong, maybe you're mixing me up with other Fedtards. Last time I did that was problably the USO 2010 (and I stand by that btw). But Lenders and his followers are repeating that shit like a mantra and I'm getting bored.

Paranoid much? I hadn't even posted in this thread.

Besides, if people keep repeating the same mantras it's because the events described by said 'mantras' keep repeating themselves over and over.

Chair Umpire
03-28-2013, 12:02 AM
"Remarkable" lol Nadulltards back in full force after being MIA for half a year. Anyways you're wrong, maybe you're mixing me up with other Fedtards. Last time I did that was problably the USO 2010 (and I stand by that btw). But Lenders and his followers are repeating that shit like a mantra and I'm getting bored.

Really? Is this thread about USO 2010?

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=10000232&postcount=136
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=163054

Please Orclown_n, at least be brave enough to admit your double standards. The search engine of this forum is very easy to use.

Deathless Mortal
03-28-2013, 12:04 AM
Really? Is this thread about USO 2010?

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=10000232&postcount=136
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=163054

Please Orclown_n, at least be brave enough to admit your double standards. The search engine of this forum is very easy to use.

LOL you do realize RG 2010 was BEFORE USO 2010?

Honestly
03-28-2013, 12:04 AM

Stop being such a butthurt clown. Ferrer is higher in the rankings than Birdscat. Deal with it.

MuzzahLovah
03-28-2013, 12:18 AM
Ferrer is favourite to be in the final- good record against Haas/Simon. He knows how to clean up the mess any top 4 exits leave behind.

While Murray remains in the draw though, this title remains out of Ferrer's reach. If Cilic or Gasquet pull off some shocks though...

Precisely. If Murray goes out, no one can stop Ferrer.

TigerTim
03-28-2013, 12:22 AM
Too strong this pics

Chair Umpire
03-28-2013, 12:24 AM
LOL you do realize RG 2010 was BEFORE USO 2010?

You're correct. I posted the wrong links.

This one from 2011:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=11299287&postcount=136
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=188809&page=10

bouncer7
03-28-2013, 12:27 AM
real #2 :worship:

Brick Top
03-28-2013, 01:11 AM
Thanks for giving me FITD points vulture

hipolymer
03-28-2013, 01:17 AM
good play from the future Miami champ

hipolymer
03-28-2013, 01:18 AM
You gotta feel for Del Potro though. Looks like he decided to peak for the wrong tournament. He could have easily won this one. :lol:

Mark Lenders
03-28-2013, 01:24 AM
You gotta feel for Del Potro though. Looks like he decided to peak for the wrong tournament. He could have easily won this one. :lol:

Reaching the final beating Murray and Djokovic back to back > winning a tournament beating a bunch of mugs en route. Actually, winning Basel beating Federer > winning this. Even some of his 250 must be better than the route he would have had here.

Players make tournaments, not ranking points. Winning a Masters beating none of Federer, Nadal and Djokovic would be no different than winning a 500/250, especially for a player who holds a Slam title in his resumé.

Brick Top
03-28-2013, 01:27 AM
If vulture wins this tournament I will never watch tennis again.

hipolymer
03-28-2013, 01:29 AM
Reaching the final beating Murray and Djokovic back to back > winning a tournament beating a bunch of mugs en route. Actually, winning Basel beating Federer > winning this. Even some of his 250 must be better than the route he would have had here.

Players make tournaments, not ranking points. Winning a Masters beating none of Federer, Nadal and Djokovic would be no different than winning a 500/250, especially for a player who holds a Slam title in his resumé.

I agree, but history only remembers titles and who won them.

the only player I could see stopping him would be Murray, but even then Murray is the easiest out of the top 4 for him.

Newcomer
03-28-2013, 01:31 AM

:haha:
funny, but i said the same thing to my friends today.
or not funny? :confused:

Nole Rules
03-28-2013, 01:31 AM

This is risky mate. Can't count on Mugray.

Tiebreak100
03-28-2013, 01:34 AM
Reaching the final beating Djokovic > winning a tournament beating a bunch of mugs en route. Actually, winning Basel beating Federer > winning this. Even some of his 250 must be better than the route he would have had here.

Players make tournaments, not ranking points.

Completely disagree. The history books name the winner, not how they did it. You can only beat what is in front of you, and if players get knocked out or do not turn up then that is their problem. This is a Masters event, and Del Potro would give his right wrist to be holding this title above his head on Sunday afternoon.

I really dislike tennis snobbery, this sport is sadly full of it.

Brick Top
03-28-2013, 01:37 AM
:haha:
or not funny? :confused:
Hopefully not

Lets count on tennis Gods to do the right thing.

Slade
03-28-2013, 01:39 AM
Expected :yeah:

Topspindoctor
03-28-2013, 01:40 AM

How about WTA?

rocketassist
03-28-2013, 01:41 AM

Off clay he pretty much puts Ferrer in his place and I'd expect him to again.

Mark Lenders
03-28-2013, 01:41 AM
I agree, but history only remembers titles and who won them.

Completely disagree. The history books name the winner, not how they did it. You can only beat what is in front of you, and if players get knocked out or do not turn up then that is their problem. This is a Masters event, and Del Potro would give his right wrist to be holding this title above his head on Sunday afternoon.

I really dislike tennis snobbery, this sport is sadly full of it.

Unless you're a gloryhunter, who cares what the history books 'remember'? As a fan, I care far more about how things happen then what happens, and I'd know that was a glorified 250 title and he'd know it himself too. Del Potro is not like the other players below the current top 4, he actually believes he can beat them on the big stage no matter what, he will not throw a party for a token Masters title beating Ferrer, Simon and Cilic/Berdych.

Besides, I'd much rather he was remembered along with Kafelnikov as the only Slam winner to not hold a Masters title than as the Masters winner with one of the easiest routes ever.

Brick Top
03-28-2013, 01:43 AM
How about WTA?

Thats not tennis.

Newcomer
03-28-2013, 01:43 AM
vulture playing bad even for his standarts, but still has a shot to take Masters.
Something wrong with that. The same names in top-100. Melzer now should lost all his matches in 2013, and still can finish season as top-50, like in 2012. Or look at mini-vultures like Lorenzi,Hanescu, Traver...

Tiebreak100
03-28-2013, 01:51 AM
Unless you're a gloryhunter, who cares what the history books 'remember'? As a fan, I'd know that was a glorified 250 title and he'd know it himself too. Del Potro is not like the other players below the current top 4, he actually believes he can beat them on the big stage no matter what, he will not throw a party for a token Masters title beating Ferrer, Simon and Cilic/Berdych.

Besides, I'd much rather he was remembered along with Kafelnikov as the only Slam winner to not hold a Masters title than as the Masters winner with one of the easiest routes ever.

Del Potro would throw a damn good party if he won this Masters, stop denying the bloody obvious. I am not just talking about how the history books will be viewed in 5 or 10 years time, I am also talking about future generations of tennis fans who will take things at face value. As they should, because a big title is a big title - regardless of the circumstances.

To deliberately attempt to diminish the achievement of a limited but hard working player like Ferrer, who has utilised every ounce of talent he has, and more, is completely disrespectful. If he wins on Sunday he should be congratulated, not criticised for having the cheek to be too good for the opposition.

Mark Lenders
03-28-2013, 01:57 AM
Del Potro would throw a damn good party if he won this Masters, stop denying the bloody obvious. I am not just talking about how the history books will be viewed in 5 or 10 years time, I am also talking about future generations of tennis fans who will take things at face value. As they should, because a big title is a big title - regardless of the circumstances.

To deliberately attempt to diminish the achievement of a limited but hard working player like Ferrer, who has utilised every ounce of talent he has, and more, is completely disrespectful. If he wins on Sunday he should be congratulated, not criticised for having the cheek to be too good for the opposition.

For Del Potro's sake, I hope you're wrong here (and I know you are, if he didn't care about how he won he'd not have tanked to Llodra in Paris to gear up for WTF like the other WTF entrants). If he'd take a Masters win beating Ferrer, Simon and Cilic/Berdych en route as anything more than a glorified 250/500, he might as well forget any hopes of ever winning a second Slam with such mentality. He won 500 events beating better players like Roddick when he was top 5 and Federer in Basel last year. He actually even beat at least one better player off the top of my head, Soderling, to win a 250.

Players make tournaments, not the other way around. The quality of a tournament and the merits one deserves for winning it is not decided by how many points the ATP gives to it, but by the players who take part in it.

Tiebreak100
03-28-2013, 02:19 AM
For Del Potro's sake, I hope you're wrong here (and I know you are, if he didn't care about how he won he'd not have tanked to Llodra in Paris to gear up for WTF like the other WTF entrants). If he'd take a Masters win beating Ferrer, Simon and Cilic/Berdych en route as anything more than a glorified 250/500, he might as well forget any hopes of ever winning a second Slam with such mentality. He won 500 events beating better players like Roddick when he was top 5 and Federer in Basel last year. He actually even beat at least one better player off the top of my head, Soderling, to win a 250.

Players make tournaments, not the other way around. The quality of a tournament and the merits one deserves for winning it is not decided by how many points the ATP gives to it, but by the players who take part in it.

So its about the players you beat not what you win? Federer and Nadal have not turned up because they cannot be bothered or are not fit enough. Djokovic then gets beat, so I would presume that the tournament is devalued further because the Serbian was not good enough? I always thought upsets were a necessary part of sport.

Based on your flawed logic, may I suggest you bring out an alternate tennis history book where you can rewrite and alter the achievements of previous winners? Nobody would buy it, but its worth a shot.

pierricbross
03-28-2013, 02:19 AM

Just because they don't make the latter rounds doesn't mean they weren't there. :rolleyes:

If you are comparing a guy with 2 masters and nothing else against another guy with 2 masters and nothing else, then bring in the specific people he played; otherwise it is irrelevant.

Mark Lenders
03-28-2013, 02:36 AM
So its about the players you beat not what you win? Federer and Nadal have not turned up because they cannot be bothered or are not fit enough. Djokovic then gets beat, so I would presume that the tournament is devalued further because the Serbian was not good enough? I always thought upsets were a necessary part of sport.

Based on your flawed logic, may I suggest you bring out an alternate tennis history book where you can rewrite and alter the achievements of previous winners? Nobody would buy it, but its worth a shot.

You're looking at it from a gloryhunting perspective. Personally as a tennis fan and fan of some players, numbers give me absolutely no thrill, I'm much more interested in the tennis than numbers; it's more about the ride, how things are done.

If Del Potro had never amounted to anything in his career and his days to collect some biggish titles were about to end, you could have a point. But he's a 24yo who has won a Slam and believes he can do more big things in this sport. You're looking at it from a wrong perspective; say Murray ends up winning this tournament, would you rate it as highly as events from the same category he won beating Nadal, Djokovic and co.? Would Murray himself rate it as highly? If you just care about the numbers, might as well not even bother watching the matches/following a certain player, you can just check livescores or the ATP site at the end of each week to see who won.

Just because they don't make the latter rounds doesn't mean they weren't there. :rolleyes:

If you are comparing a guy with 2 masters and nothing else against another guy with 2 masters and nothing else, then bring in the specific people he played; otherwise it is irrelevant.

I'm not comparing anyone, most players are not competing to get in Johnny Groove's list nor is their life on tour centered around ending up with better achievements than player x or player y.

Tiebreak100
03-28-2013, 03:08 AM
You're looking at it from a gloryhunting perspective. Personally as a tennis fan and fan of some players, numbers give me absolutely no thrill, I'm much more interested in the tennis than numbers; it's more about the ride, how things are done.

If Del Potro had never amounted to anything in his career and his days to collect some biggish titles were about to end, you could have a point. But he's a 24yo who has won a Slam and believes he can do more big things in this sport. You're looking at it from a wrong perspective; say Murray ends up winning this tournament, would you rate it as highly as events from the same category he won beating Nadal, Djokovic and co.? Would Murray himself rate it as highly? If you just care about the numbers, might as well not even bother watching the matches/following a certain player, you can just check livescores or the ATP site at the end of each week to see who won.

I'm not comparing anyone, most players are not competing to get in Johnny Groove's list nor is their life on tour centered around ending up with better achievements than player x or player y.

If Murray wins this tournament I will rank it alongside all the other Masters wins bar the first one. Djokovic was in the draw and lost, not the fault of Murray or the rest of the tournament. That is why we love sport after all. Federer and Nadal did not enter but neither did Borg or McEnroe, so that does not belittle the achievement of any possible victory on Sunday.

Sport is primarily about winning so I do not follow your 'gloryhunter' trail of thought. I think Murray judges himself on going deep and winning major titles, so why would I look at it from a different perspective? I also keep an eye on Jamie Baker, a guy who was brought up not far from me. When he qualified for the Australian Open I was delighted. When he lost in the first round I was still delighted, why? because its all relative to their ability. Again, Murray on clay, any improvement is all I want this year.

You rightly promote the undoubted talent of the Argentine, but go to great lengths to downplay and sugarcoat bad results. For me, that is a slight contradiction.

Mark Lenders
03-28-2013, 03:22 AM
If Murray wins this tournament I will rank it alongside all the other Masters wins bar the first one. Djokovic was in the draw and lost, not the fault of Murray or the rest of the tournament. That is why we love sport after all. Federer and Nadal did not enter but neither did Borg or McEnroe, so that does not belittle the achievement of any possible victory on Sunday.

Sport is primarily about winning so I do not follow your 'gloryhunter' trail of thought. I think Murray judges himself on going deep and winning major titles, so why would I look at it from a different perspective? I also keep an eye on Jamie Baker, a guy who was brought up not far from me. When he qualified for the Australian Open I was delighted. When he lost in the first round I was still delighted, why? because its all relative to their ability. Again, Murray on clay, any improvement is all I want this year.

You rightly promote the undoubted talent of the Argentine, but go to great lengths to downplay and sugarcoat bad results. For me, that is a slight contradiction.

I understand your train of thought, I just don't share the same view. For me sports is definitely not just about how winning, how things transpire is much more exciting for me as a fan than what transpires. I also 'judge' my favorites relative to their abilities: if, say, Nishikori (or even Tsonga) won this tournament, would I be very happy for him? Yes, definitely. Del Potro? Not really, I rate him too highly to be overly enthusiastic about a title won through a Ferrer-Haas-Berdych/Cilic path and I hope he rates himself that way too.

No contradiction. He is very talented, but has had (and still has) a lot of injury problems blocking his progress. He is not the first nor will he be the last talented player to experience that (see Tommy Haas for a far more extreme case). It's a double edged sword in terms of expectations: on the other hand, they should be high because of how talented he is, on the other hand given the circumstances everything he might manage to do should be cherished even more. Hoping for a lot but accepting less is no contradiction.

Tiebreak100
03-28-2013, 03:31 AM
I understand your train of thought, I just don't share the same view. For me sports is definitely not just about how winning, how things transpire is much more exciting for me as a fan than what transpires. I also 'judge' my favorites relative to their abilities: if, say, Nishikori (or even Tsonga) won this tournament, would I be very happy for him? Yes, definitely. Del Potro? Not really, I rate him too highly to be overly enthusiastic about a title won through a Ferrer-Haas-Berdych/Cilic path and I hope he rates himself that way too.

No contradiction. He is very talented, but has had (and still has) a lot of injury problems blocking his progress. He is not the first nor will he be the last talented player to experience that (see Tommy Haas for a far more extreme case). It's a double edged sword in terms of expectations: on the other hand, they should be high because of how talented he is, on the other hand given the circumstances everything he might manage to do should be cherished even more. Hoping for a lot but accepting less is no contradiction.

Yeh, we certainly view aspects of sport from a different perspective, but I actually agree with the majority of what you have written above. On that bombshell, time to call it night :).

Kat_YYZ
03-28-2013, 05:10 AM

but... you like Gilles Simon, right? :confused:

I guess it's really in the eye of the beholder. I have nothing against Simon as a person, but I hate watching his matches, it's such ugly and boring tennis. Yet I don't feel that way about Ferrer at all. :shrug:

Dead Net Cord
03-28-2013, 07:29 AM
2 more wins :bowdown:

Puschkin
03-28-2013, 08:06 AM
nice from Jürgen as long as it lasted.

Li Ching Yuen
03-28-2013, 08:36 AM
The Great Amasser Of Points™ will strike all and win the 5th slam.

Chris Kuerten
03-28-2013, 08:52 AM
If vulture wins this tournament I will never watch tennis again.:haha:
or not funny? :confused:Would be amazing if you two brainless clowns leave this forum too in that case :wavey:

ProdigyEng
03-28-2013, 09:00 AM

Murray winning would be a lot different to Del Potro winning. He's actually had a hard draw, whereas Delpo wouldnt if he won. That half he was in is weak only him and Djoker as top players.

born_on_clay
03-28-2013, 02:10 PM
bakery is opened :banana:

nolesfan2011
03-28-2013, 03:43 PM
well, quarters is a good result for Melzer regardless, and he hung in there for 2 sets, got tired an fell apart, but still a very nice run and winning streak, I'm pleased .