The Fish Down Under! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Fish Down Under!

tangerine_dream
01-14-2005, 01:52 AM
Hopefully this time Mardy won't be squashed into a vegemite sandwich by the second round. ;)

Gaston Gaudio ARG (10) vs. Justin Gimelstob USA
Juan Monaco ARG vs. Mardy Fish USA

GOOD LUCK IN OZ, MARDY! :banana:

Deboogle!.
01-14-2005, 02:08 AM
Considering Gaudio's uselessness on hardcourts, Mardy seriously should make the third round, but it's Mardy :o:o:o

aceit
01-14-2005, 02:34 AM
I can't wait! LETS GO MARDY LETS GO *clap clap clap*. Wow, I'm so excited for the AO! :D

liptea
01-14-2005, 03:36 AM
Considering Gaudio's uselessness on hardcourts, Mardy seriously should make the third round, but it's Mardy :o:o:oMardy's unexpected. He's just as likely to reach the quarters as he is to lose in the first round.

I hope Mardy does well. At least we can be sure of watching him on TV in America :bounce:.

I'm feeling a bit better today. Thanks for all the support, guys. :hug:

Deboogle!.
01-14-2005, 04:01 AM
Mardy isn't generally given TV preference in the US. It's not too often we get to see his matches :(

He IS unexpected, that's true, but his slam performances are pretty predictable, actually. He's never made it past the third round, ever :o:o:o:o

glad you are feeling better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

liptea
01-14-2005, 05:35 AM
ahh, I hope that they put Gaudio vs. Fish on ESPN.

I love Andy, but I think Mardy is far better looking. A lot of people might disagree, but I'd rather watch Mardy.

Life's improving, it just makes me feel bad to see him with another girl sometimes. Doesn't help that I go to boarding school and have to see him ALL the freakin' time. :sad:

Deboogle!.
01-14-2005, 05:41 AM
Mardy is MUCH better looking. But Andy is less annoying to be a fan of :p Plus Andy doesn't seem to be soft in the belly anymore but Mardy still is :o:o:o:o

awwwwwwwwwwwwww :hug: :hug: :hug: He SUCKS! He's not good enough for you!!!!!

snaillyyy
01-14-2005, 05:46 AM
I really hope Mardy does well!!! it is time for him to make it through a few more matches.

Glad you are feeling better Liptea :hug: you are so much better than he is..

liptea
01-14-2005, 06:11 AM
Mardy is MUCH better looking. But Andy is less annoying to be a fan of :p Plus Andy doesn't seem to be soft in the belly anymore but Mardy still is :o:o:o:o

awwwwwwwwwwwwww :hug: :hug: :hug: He SUCKS! He's not good enough for you!!!!!It's just...can you imagine Mardy and Andy growing up together and Mardy getting all the girls? And then, suddenly, Andy's the one in magazine spreads?

Mardy is much better looking. But I generally feel like I can rely on Andy to win. And, after that Olympics loss, I worry every time Mardy takes the court.:rolleyes: But that'll come with more match play, he was injured a good bit last year.

Éowyn
01-14-2005, 06:45 AM
It's not a bad draw for mardy actually :) but could get haas in 3rnd if he makes it that far lols

Aleksa's Laydee
01-14-2005, 07:14 AM
Not bad draw i agree

Come on mardy dont stuff it up please!

Aleksa's Laydee
01-14-2005, 07:14 AM
I love Andy, but I think Mardy is far better looking. A lot of people might disagree, but I'd rather watch Mardy.

Me too...I'd watch Mardy anyday :D

liptea
01-14-2005, 07:17 AM
I'd rather watch Mardy's game too, that backhand is very, very pretty. When it's consistent...(always the disclaimer)

Deboogle!.
01-14-2005, 03:34 PM
I think Andy's very good-looking, but Mardy's more of the type that I personally prefer - I've seen them both pretty up close in person - they just look different. Andy's more of the all-American handsome jock with the square jaw and nice smile and stuff where Mardy's more ummm... I dunno how to describe him LMAO! Maybe... I think Andy's handsome, but I think Mardy's GORGEOUS ... does that helo? :lol:

But tennis-wise I prefer Andy a little. and call me selfish but my top fave player just can't be someone who can barely win or who is SO totally unpredictable you never know what will happen lol. That's why I bow to all the Marat fans - I don't know how they do it LOL! Mardy's got so much to work on and it just doesn't seem like he's doing it yet. And that's frustrating and it keeps him from being a really really top fave of mine. But I know he can do it, that's why I stick around at all.

He has yet another chance with a semi-decent draw at AO. He's GOT TO take advantage of it!

Golfnduck
01-14-2005, 07:43 PM
COME ON MARDY!!!! LET'S GET TO THE QUARTERS!!!!!

aceit
01-14-2005, 09:46 PM
That's why I bow to all the Marat fans - I don't know how they do it LOL!
It IS frustrating watching him sometimes. Who goes from losing in the finals of the AO to losing a first round match at Wimbledon and the USO? Come on, even Andy won a round @ RG. :p

liptea
01-15-2005, 02:10 AM
It IS frustrating watching him sometimes. Who goes from losing in the finals of the AO to losing a first round match at Wimbledon and the USO? Come on, even Andy won a round @ RG. :p
That was quite an accomplishment. I was proud of Andy at the French.

aceit
01-15-2005, 02:19 AM
That was quite an accomplishment. I was proud of Andy at the French.

Me too! And I really thought that he would make it to the third round. Then when Andy was feeling better, (he said that he was feeling very sick the first round) he realized that he was playing on some slow red dirt where people could get back his serve.

Hmm I'd like to see Mardy/Andy @ RG playing each other.

Usually: american players + red clay = HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

liptea
01-15-2005, 02:36 AM
Hmm I'd like to see Mardy/Andy @ RG playing each other.

Usually: american players + red clay = HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Mardy + Andy + doubles + red clay = :lol: :lol:

rue
01-15-2005, 05:06 AM
It will be interesting to see how he bounces back from his defeat from last week. I just hope he can move beyond the second round. He really needs that, but we just have to wait and see what happens.

Deboogle!.
01-15-2005, 04:17 PM
Mardy + Andy + doubles + red clay = :lol: :lol:

They played doubles on red clay in Houston and won the title ;)

liptea
01-15-2005, 04:49 PM
They played doubles on red clay in Houston and won the title ;)
:eek: The things I don't know are SHOCKING.

aceit
01-15-2005, 04:52 PM
Let's see them on European red clay, though. :o

Deboogle!.
01-15-2005, 05:43 PM
LOL Niti ;) Learn something new every day! :D

Well, technically, the Houston red clay is the same as the clay at Roland Garros. Mack flies it in from Paris. But yeah..... as long as they both continue to play in Houston, we won't see them much on European clay :o:o:o :smash:

Aleksa's Laydee
01-15-2005, 06:45 PM
Mardy plays tomo (mon) :D

aceit
01-15-2005, 07:43 PM
Well, technically, the Houston red clay is the same as the clay at Roland Garros. Mack flies it in from Paris. But yeah..... as long as they both continue to play in Houston, we won't see them much on European clay :o:o:o :smash:
Yeah, but it is dryer in Europe than in TX which affects things. Plus, that tourney dosen't get the extreme clay courters. :p Well, besides Roddick of course.

:haha:

aceit
01-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Mardy plays tomo (mon) :D

Goodluck to Mardy! You can do it. :)

liptea
01-15-2005, 10:54 PM
Good luck, Mardy!!! :woohoo:

-sOfia-
01-16-2005, 01:44 AM
Goodluck Mardy!

Golfnduck
01-16-2005, 05:57 PM
GOOOOO MARDY!!!!!

tangerine_dream
01-16-2005, 10:33 PM
Marat may be frustrating to his fans but Mardy's worse, imo. He's lazy, he always crashes out in the second round, always chokes, and doesn't win half as many titles as he should be winning for someone with his talent. :fiery: At least Marat manages to go on a tear once in a while, then he goes back to partying, then he goes on another tear, etc.

Anyhoo, does anyone have any pics of Mardy practicing? Or is he still goofing off playing "butts up"? :o

I hope Martin kicks his ass. :devil: I so want Mardy to do well and realize his potential.

aceit
01-17-2005, 03:46 AM
I hope Martin kicks his ass. :devil: I so want Mardy to do well and realize his potential.
Me too!

Mardy's match is up next. LETS GO MARDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aceit
01-17-2005, 04:53 AM
Wow. I agree now with you, tangerine_dream. I'm following his match and he is down 3-0 in the first set. The first game he was broken, the second game he had 97385348957485 chances to break, and the thrid game he easily lost.

Oh, and now he lost the 4th game. I hope Mardy is feeling ok. :(

Éowyn
01-17-2005, 05:31 AM
great second set! typical mardy never likes to make things easy for himself then turns it around and then watch the as the 3rd willbe a nightmare

liptea
01-17-2005, 06:16 AM
I think Mardy just takes a while to get started, he seems to be doing well now.

Which is more than I can say for Carlos. :sad:

Éowyn
01-17-2005, 06:23 AM
actually i'm watching carlos now he's getting better :) i always thinkmardy like sto make it hard on himself he likes being the underdog. he's certainly better at it than robby :fiery:

snaillyyy
01-17-2005, 06:38 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Éowyn
01-17-2005, 06:38 AM
i take that back carlos just played 4 of the worst shots ever in one game :sad:

Éowyn
01-17-2005, 06:45 AM

noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bigcry: :eek: :bigcry: :eek: :bigcry: :eek: :bigcry: :eek: :bigcry: :eek:

why mardy why!!!!!!!!!!!

liptea
01-17-2005, 06:46 AM
I agree. MARDY, WHERE IS YOUR FREAKIN' HAIR???????!?!?!?!?!?!?

Deboogle!.
01-17-2005, 06:48 AM
Mardy...WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING!??????????????

And now he's gonna blow another 2-1 sets lead to lose in 5, I just know it. For crying out loud!

liptea
01-17-2005, 06:52 AM
Mardy...WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING!??????????????

And now he's gonna blow another 2-1 sets lead to lose in 5, I just know it. For crying out loud!
Today is a depressing day in my tennis and tonsils world.

Deboogle!.
01-17-2005, 06:58 AM
aaawwwwwwwww :hug: :hug: :hug:

Éowyn
01-17-2005, 06:59 AM
i don't get it last year he refused tohave it done with the DC team why on earth did he do it now? if he wanted it short then he should have gone to the sexy short do he used to have but not like that andy can pull it off mardy can't, i'm heart broken it's so stupid i'm upset by a haircut but damn it mardy!

he must have lost a bet he wouldn't have done that himself would he?

Deboogle!.
01-17-2005, 07:40 AM
he must have lost a bet he wouldn't have done that himself would he?

That was EXACTLY my first reaction! At least... I hope that's the only reason he would've done it. And, just like 5 days ago it was long...not that I liked it long either, but somewhere in the middle would've been good. It's just bad. it's just wrong for his face type.

Éowyn
01-17-2005, 07:47 AM
it gives him sticky out ears! i suspect andy is involved in this somehow! he looked cute with the short look he had orginally like
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v23/thewhiteladyofrohan/mardy/15_29807_1.jpg he used to sweet like that but i love dtehlong hair

i'm still in shock i can't believe he did that and now he's killing me with all these deuces, i can't take it i've lost 2 of my boys today already i don't wanna lose 3 out of the 4 that play on day one.

Éowyn
01-17-2005, 07:54 AM
thank you mardy for the heart attack i hate when you do this to me but yay he won :woohoo: he just loves to make it difficult on himself (and us) doesn't he

2-6 6-0 6-4 4-6 9-7

snaillyyy
01-17-2005, 07:57 AM
WOW Mardy did it!! lets hope it is a good sign :rolleyes:

ataptc
01-17-2005, 08:02 AM
saw Éowyn's siggy about mardy's hair... :eek: :bigcry: :bigcry:

ataptc
01-17-2005, 08:05 AM
i was watching the score and thought he would lose :o thank goodness he didnt

Éowyn
01-17-2005, 08:06 AM
WOW Mardy did it!! lets hope it is a good sign :rolleyes:

well it can't be a worse sign that his hair can it?

Éowyn
01-17-2005, 08:10 AM
saw Éowyn's siggy about mardy's hair... :eek: :bigcry: :bigcry:

it had to be buried and mourned officially

ataptc
01-17-2005, 08:33 AM
it had to be buried and mourned officially
:awww: where can i pay my respects? :sad:

liptea
01-17-2005, 08:43 AM
Maybe his hair will make him play better. You know, people will laugh a his head, so he won't want them laughing at his game.

There has to be a silver lining to this.

Aleksa's Laydee
01-17-2005, 08:45 AM
I agree. MARDY, WHERE IS YOUR FREAKIN' HAIR???????!?!?!?!?!?!?

I KNOW!!! :eek:

Aleksa's Laydee
01-17-2005, 08:46 AM
:awww: where can i pay my respects? :sad:
i really miss his hair :sad: :sad: :sad:

Aleksa's Laydee
01-17-2005, 08:46 AM
well done for EVENTUALLY winning ;)

Björki
01-17-2005, 09:14 AM
did you already see his haircut. :D

pieross
01-17-2005, 11:08 AM
i think his hair looks so strange now,but it will be well when as it growing...
i really hope to see that day....

pieross
01-17-2005, 11:18 AM
some other pics

http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2005-01/17_570652_3.jpg

http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2005-01/17_570652_2.jpg

ataptc
01-17-2005, 02:27 PM
did you already see his haircut. :D
the ':D' there.. do you like his new look??

ataptc
01-17-2005, 02:28 PM
Maybe his hair will make him play better. You know, people will laugh a his head, so he won't want them laughing at his game.

There has to be a silver lining to this.
well I hope so! :angel:

ataptc
01-17-2005, 02:32 PM
thanks for the pics pieross.. he looks like jiri novak in the 2nd pic.. the livestrong wristband he's wearing matches his shirt ;) though i dont really like yellow.. oh and is that a strapping i see under his right knee??

aceit
01-17-2005, 03:06 PM
THANK GOODNESS HE WON!!!!!!!!! I was up till 1 watching livescoring (he was up a break in the third) and then I decided to go to sleep since that's waaaaay too late.

Mardy, where did your hair go?

rue
01-17-2005, 03:13 PM
I think that it is good that Mardy was able to win a five set match even though I would have loved to see him finish off faster. I think mentally he really needed it. He has been losing close matches and winning this one might actually help him a great deal.

aceit
01-17-2005, 03:18 PM
I think that it is good that Mardy was able to win a five set match even though I would have loved to see him finish off faster. I think mentally he really needed it. He has been losing close matches and winning this one might actually help him a great deal.
I'm sure he rather have the score that Federer had, though. :p Well, Todd is the king of 5 setters, so hopefully Mardy can learn from that. ;)

aceit
01-17-2005, 03:20 PM
Anyway, Fish/Gaudio .. any thoughts?

Deboogle!.
01-17-2005, 03:36 PM

I agree. I'm very proud of Mardy! But I hope he doesn't make this a habit. One of the pics from the match described it (the one crouching down) as him arguing with a line call. I'm most proud of that - because Mardy has lost matches after meltdowns from line calls. So the fact that he got over that and won a ridiculously tight match 9-7 in the FIFTH is a good sign.

And, it'll be a huge test for his physical fitness to see if he can bounce back.

As for Gaudio, I feel that on paper Mardy should win, but again, who knows how he'll bounce back from this almost 3.5 hour match.

I'm still in denial about the hair

Aleksa's Laydee
01-17-2005, 04:09 PM
please grow back hair!!!

Aleksa's Laydee
01-17-2005, 04:10 PM
Anyway, Fish/Gaudio .. any thoughts?

4/5 setter to fishy boy

-sOfia-
01-17-2005, 07:14 PM
what? your hair mardy :scared:
what you do?? :eek: :sad:

Congrats though! :D

Éowyn
01-17-2005, 09:08 PM
i still can't get over it :bigcry:

Éowyn
01-17-2005, 09:13 PM
i think he'll do okay against gaston will be an interesting match to watch even though i'll be watching it on the dumb live scroing thing, at least 2 of my 4 got through last night :) so it's all good! i always think mardy actually stands more chance with the 5 setters i don't know why but i just feel he starts to realise that he's expected to lose at that point and so has nothing to lose himself, he likes being the underdog.

Golfnduck
01-17-2005, 10:05 PM
I'm in mourning over the hair. I think he can beat Gaudio, look how Gaudio was pushed last night. GOOOO FISH!!!!

HEiKE
01-17-2005, 10:48 PM
Hope he'll make it!
GO FISH!!!

Jennay
01-18-2005, 01:25 AM
:sad: The hair.

:rolleyes: The match score. :) For pulling it out though. Good luck, Mardy :banana:

surfpinky
01-18-2005, 02:02 AM
im loving mardy's new hair :) :)

i really hope mardy gets passed the 3rd round...im praying that he does :sad:

Éowyn
01-18-2005, 03:16 AM
lol pinky i'm praying he gets past the 2nd

-sOfia-
01-18-2005, 04:01 AM
Cmon Mardy!

Goodluck!

liptea
01-18-2005, 05:35 AM
Yo Mardy, please play in less stressful fashion.

Éowyn
01-18-2005, 05:45 AM
mardy less stressfull? :haha: it'll never happen it's mardy's job to stress us out, only person who gets me more frustrated is robby

liptea
01-18-2005, 06:15 AM
mardy less stressfull? :haha: it'll never happen it's mardy's job to stress us out, only person who gets me more frustrated is robby
Carlos and Juan can stress me out more than Mardy.

Deboogle!.
01-18-2005, 03:40 PM
nice article. Glad to hear he's getting fitter. and he explains the hair :bigcry:
=========

Mardy Fish gets fit with fitness coach

By Sandra Harwitt, Special to TennisReporters.net

FROM THE AUSTRALIAN OPEN – The lowdown on Mardy Fish is that he’s a tremendous talent, but his fitness and endurance has always been considered questionable. In fact, whenever US Davis Cup Captain Patrick McEnroe talks about Fish, he lets it be known that he’s really high on Mardy’s game, but wishes he would put in a more concerted effort concerning his fitness training.

According to Fish, who survived a five-set marathon against Juan Monaco of Argentina in the first round on Monday – a match that went to 9-7 in the final set – the importance of fitness training has finally sunk in. During the off season, Fish made a number of changes and one of those changes was returning to fitness guru Pat Etcheberry and telling him he was ready to dedicate himself to training.

“I wanted to get fully confident and I felt like I wasn’t,” Fish said. “There was something missing and I felt like a lot of it had to do with fitness. I’ve lost close to 10 pounds. And I’m in process of trying to put on a little bit more muscle. I watch the way I eat now for the first time. This is a huge step for me to try and do everything I can to be as good as I can.

“I thought I worked extremely hard last year and it was double this year. It was a lot of the same stuff, it was just that I did it on Christmas Day, I did it on New Year’s Day, I did it on Christmas Eve. I mean, those days last year I took off, but this year I didn’t take any days off.”

NO MERCY
Fish admits that during many of the December training sessions at the Saddlebrook Academy in Wesley Chapel, Fla., he would beg Etcheberry to take mercy, but the plea fell on deaf ears. “He would just push me more and I’m thankful that he did now.”

At 23, Fish is a little bit older and wiser, and seems to have a better understanding that hard work doesn’t always lead to immediate gratification.

“Last year, I felt like when I work so hard in the off-season and my results didn’t pay off right away it was such a downer,” he said. “Now I’ve learned from that – it may not pay off in Australia, it might not pay off in San Jose or Memphis, but it will pay off eventually.”

Another major change Fish recently made was in his coaching. In a painful decision, Fish decided that it was time to say good-bye to Kelly Jones, his coach of two years.

“It was really tough; he was one of my best friends,” Fish said of Jones. “For two years we spent every day together and we’d gone through a lot together. After Paris [Indoors], I sat down with team and think what I could do differently and one of those things was coaching.”

The first name that came to Fish and his team was the recently retired Todd Martin, but he wasn’t sure the former two-time Grand Slam finalist would be up for the assignment. “I always thought he could be a really good coach and I think he wants to coach Davis Cup one day,” Fish said. “The only skeptical thing I had was he basically just unpacked his bag and retired at tje US Open, and he has a kid and wanted to start a new life. I was realistic about it. I knew he wouldn’t travel every week.”

Martin signed on for the assignment as the head honcho, but won’t be traveling on a weekly basis with Fish. To complete the coaching dynamics, Scott Humphries was tagged to travel full-time with Fish and confer with Martin when the latter was not on the road. While Martin is not here in Australia, he is slated to spend the week before the remaining three Grand Slams as well as the other Grand Slams with Fish, as well as going to a number of the Masters Series events during the year.

Endurance was also an important reason that Fish sought out Martin. After all, what other player pulled out so many nail-biting five-setters than Martin did during his career?

“One of the things I thought he’d really help me with was at the Grand Slams,” Fish said. “In my mind, I would struggle at the Grand Slams. I don’t know if it’s three-out-of-five, the fitness part of it. Mentally, he was so strong in five sets. I can mention a number of matches he’s come back from two sets down and I’ve never done that.”

Buzzed
Another thing that has changed about Mardy here in Australia is that he’s chopped off his blonde locks. Frustrated one day last week with his unruly hair, Fish went to the Crown Casino Hotel Beauty Spa Salon, spent $50 and had his head shaved.

“I got off the court and I took a shower and I didn’t have any conditioner, and you know how it is when you don’t have any conditioner, it just knots up,” Fish said of his decision to get shorn. “I tried to tie it back and it hurt, and it was pulling my hair and my hair was coming out, and I was like, ‘I’ve had enough.’ ”

Fish admits that he was relieved that the shaved look is working for him since he did have concerns about going close to hairless. “I was happy that some people liked it because I was afraid I’d have a big egghead or a big cowlick at the back of my head,” Fish said, laughing. “Andy [Roddick] was mad because he thought I looked good with short hair and I’ve told him he looked ugly with short hair.”

snaillyyy
01-18-2005, 08:20 PM
Thanks Deb :D :D

It is is good to hear Mardy talking about needing to work on his fitness, seems he has finally realized changes were needed.

Go Mardy!!!!!!!! :dance:

aceit
01-18-2005, 08:29 PM
“I got off the court and I took a shower and I didn’t have any conditioner, and you know how it is when you don’t have any conditioner, it just knots up,” Fish said of his decision to get shorn. “I tried to tie it back and it hurt, and it was pulling my hair and my hair was coming out, and I was like, ‘I’ve had enough.’"
The first day of vacation I too did not have any conditioner, yet I didn't buzz it off! (Ok, so I'm a girl, but still :p).

Golfnduck
01-18-2005, 08:39 PM
I can't wait to see how Mardy plays against Gaudio today. Then later on in the day, he and James play doubles. GOOD LUCK MARDY!!!!

aceit
01-18-2005, 09:11 PM
I can't wait to see how Mardy plays against Gaudio today. Then later on in the day, he and James play doubles. GOOD LUCK MARDY!!!!
Good luck Mardy & James!

Éowyn
01-19-2005, 12:35 AM
Carlos and Juan can stress me out more than Mardy.

JC can be very frustrating but still not as much as robby robby makes me want to kill him sometimes

snaillyyy
01-19-2005, 12:44 AM
:D Nice start Mardy (6-2) :D , lets hope he keeps it up!!

Éowyn
01-19-2005, 12:49 AM
i here by predict the 2 set collapse before the final 2 set turn around

aceit
01-19-2005, 12:51 AM
i here by predict the 2 set collapse before the final 2 set turn around
collapse for who? cause Mardy won the first set. :)

Éowyn
01-19-2005, 01:13 AM
exactly and he's messing up the 2nd he usually starts well then collapses then turns it around agian he has to make it difficult for himself

Éowyn
01-19-2005, 01:23 AM
gaaaaaahhhh i knew it!

Deboogle!.
01-19-2005, 01:25 AM
According to Carito he got hooked on a really bad line call when he was serving up 3-1 but down BP. I just hope he can keep his head together. I'm not too optimistic, though.

Éowyn
01-19-2005, 01:28 AM
typical who's the ump?

aceit
01-19-2005, 02:12 AM
30-15 third set Gaudio serving for the set. I should go find my stress ball. :mad:

aceit
01-19-2005, 02:17 AM
Mardy lost that last set 7-5.
I should be studying for midterms but I've gotta see this (well, rather stare at the stupid screen since ESPN sucks).

Deboogle!.
01-19-2005, 02:23 AM
This is really just a typical Mardy match, works really hard to break back at 4-5 then doublefaults at 5-5 to give the break right back. God, he has really got to go back to the drawing board. He hasn't been out of the 2nd round of a tournament since the Olympics. :banghead:

aceit
01-19-2005, 02:27 AM
Deb, are you following the whole thing?
So painful.

aceit
01-19-2005, 02:53 AM
4-4 in the 4th.
Hang in there, Mardy!

momentlost
01-19-2005, 03:05 AM
It's currently 6-5 in the fourth set and Mardy has 67 errors. SIXTY SEVEN! :eek: :eek:

That can't be good.

C'moooon Mardy! :D :D

pryss
01-19-2005, 03:08 AM
67! boooooo :sad:

COME ON MARDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *fish dance*

ataptc
01-19-2005, 03:15 AM
mardy lost 7-4 in the 4th set tiebreak :mad:

aceit
01-19-2005, 03:16 AM
Game. Set. Match. Another second round loss for Mardy. :sad: He really fought back in the end, too. :( I seriously was so into the match. :/

snaillyyy
01-19-2005, 03:19 AM
Well that was painful :rolleyes: will he ever get past the 2nd round?!!!

aceit
01-19-2005, 03:21 AM
San Jose is up next. I hope Todd whoops him.

rue
01-19-2005, 03:51 AM
Must be a tough lost for him, but he just needs to continue to work harder and harder to just get himself going and we probably will see a change in the coming months. He will get there sooner or later even though he keeps on losing. He is at least fighting in matches. I think that he just needs to work on his serve a bit more. When he won the first set, he had been serving at around 67% and then it gradually dropped and that could be one of the reasons why he lost. He needs to get more of them in because he has got such a big serve. Lets just wait for the next tournament now.

liptea
01-19-2005, 04:29 AM
Oh gosh.

I think it was the hair. He must've been chilly.

Or maybe I'm a jinx. Everyone I root for loses!

Deboogle!.
01-19-2005, 05:33 AM
Deb, are you following the whole thing?
So painful.

Yes, I followed the whole thing b/c Carito was on MSN and b/c Gaudio was playing she got it on tv in Argentina so she gave all the live updates.

Mardy mentally fell apart, as usual.

She also said he was rubbing his right foot perodically and changed his shoes a couple times but that it didn't seem to affect his play.

This is getting pitiful. I can't root for him too much longer.

In the studio Brad said he was really disappointed in Mardy's loss. Not a huge fan of Brad but I completely agree.

I hate you Mardy :ras:

pieross
01-19-2005, 01:12 PM
i really lost words now.... maybe i should get used to disappoint.
so i post some pics...

http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2005-01/19_576156_1.jpg

http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2005-01/19_576156_2.jpg

http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2005-01/19_576156_3.jpg

http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2005-01/19_576156_4.jpg

pieross
01-19-2005, 01:13 PM
the others

http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2005-01/19_576156_5.jpg

http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2005-01/19_576171_1.jpg

http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2005-01/19_576171_2.jpg

http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2005-01/19_576171_3.jpg

http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2005-01/19_576171_4.jpg

Aleksa's Laydee
01-19-2005, 01:59 PM
mardy u ANNOYING guy!!! :rolleyes:

on the up they won their doubles match!!

ataptc
01-19-2005, 03:03 PM
mardy :banghead:

liptea
01-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Yes, I followed the whole thing b/c Carito was on MSN and b/c Gaudio was playing she got it on tv in Argentina so she gave all the live updates.

Mardy mentally fell apart, as usual.

She also said he was rubbing his right foot perodically and changed his shoes a couple times but that it didn't seem to affect his play.

This is getting pitiful. I can't root for him too much longer.

In the studio Brad said he was really disappointed in Mardy's loss. Not a huge fan of Brad but I completely agree.

I hate you Mardy :ras:
:hug: :hug:

Deboogle!.
01-19-2005, 04:08 PM
:hug: :hug:

But James has replaced Mardy as my 2nd fave until Mardy can learn how to get out of the 2nd round of a tournament. It's just so pitiful. I saw a quote from after his match where he said there was no shame to losing to Gaudio and that he didn't think the loss was taking a step back. SO wrong, Mardy, SOOOOO WRONG.

thelma
01-19-2005, 04:13 PM
Mardy :sad:

Golfnduck
01-19-2005, 05:59 PM
Damn it Mardy!!!! He had a great chance to take the 3rd set to a TB and to win the 4th set. I think Mardy had 71 ue's, that's just sad. Mental breaks downs and poor shot selection. Mardy won't be playing Davis Cup this year. I think it will be either Taylor or James in the #2 spot.

sophia_c
01-19-2005, 06:40 PM
Give the guy a break...I bet he knows all that.....are we not here to support????????

Deboogle!.
01-19-2005, 08:41 PM
how long can you keep giving him a break for? It's been over a year now for me! I want to support him, I really do... but it's getting more and more difficult.

sophia_c
01-19-2005, 09:12 PM
Well, I see it like this...he may not have taken his career seriously before.........and he may even have got caught up in his friendship with Andy........but he has the talent and now the coach...and knowing Todd...he will take Mardy a lot further......Mardy wants it now....thats quite clear...no player wants to go out in the second round. His comments about there being no shame in losing to Gaston were clearly because Mardy is one of the nicest guys you could meet on the tour...but maybe he needs to stop being so nice...however, its very difficult to change your nature....I for one will continue to support him and cheer him on.....

:worship: Go get 'em Fishman :worship:

-sOfia-
01-19-2005, 09:18 PM
TSK Mardy! :sad:

aceit
01-19-2005, 09:18 PM
Let's throw in something positive here...

Thanks for wearing the hat, Mardy.

sophia_c
01-19-2005, 09:19 PM
Oh by the way...its been a lot more than a year for me...patience....patience...I have had the pleasure of watching Mardy play on numerous occasions and yes we all get down when there is a loss :sad: ...also...hate is a very strong word :(

:worship: Love the hair!! :worship:

rue
01-19-2005, 10:56 PM
Well, I see it like this...he may not have taken his career seriously before.........and he may even have got caught up in his friendship with Andy........but he has the talent and now the coach...and knowing Todd...he will take Mardy a lot further......Mardy wants it now....thats quite clear...no player wants to go out in the second round. His comments about there being no shame in losing to Gaston were clearly because Mardy is one of the nicest guys you could meet on the tour...but maybe he needs to stop being so nice...however, its very difficult to change your nature....I for one will continue to support him and cheer him on.....

:worship: Go get 'em Fishman :worship:

I totally agree there :)

Éowyn
01-20-2005, 02:37 AM
sophia-c i love you it's nice to see someone else trying to give mardy a break!

i've been supporting mardy along time now and i do admit he can be so damn frustrating at times and he does not do as well as he should in many tournaments but i think it's just something he needs time to do some players get their head and their game in the right place at the age of 18 others don't hit their peak till 25 so give him time he just needs to work with it. Mardy's right there is no shame in losing to gaston, gastons best chances for picking up rank points are here and the french, not so with mardy mardys best are wimbledon and USO so lets give him a chance first.

He's not been with todd yet not all coaching partnerships click as quickly as others *cough* andy *cough* *brad *cough* his fitness needs alot of work as we know but he's working onit so it's a start and he seems to have realised he has to work on it so lets all have faith in him.

And if you need any more reason to support mardy be glad you're not a Ginepri fan he's the most frustrating player in teh world to be a fan of.

Éowyn
01-20-2005, 02:45 AM
Let's throw in something positive here...

Thanks for wearing the hat, Mardy.

:haha: :worship: :haha: :worship:

tangerine_dream
01-20-2005, 11:08 PM
Mardy :retard:

http://www.happytailspetmart.com/cattoys/2853.jpg

:p

aceit
01-20-2005, 11:28 PM
Tangy, that's so mean. :p

Deboogle!.
01-21-2005, 12:31 AM
Sounds like Mardy's performance probably has cost him the DC spot, at least for March.

Thanks Mardy, if I have to watch Vinny or Taylor instead of you, I'm gonna be pisssssssed :p

Jennay
01-21-2005, 12:34 AM
Mardy - you suck.

Deboogle!.
01-21-2005, 12:47 AM
:lol:

I love you Jen.

-sOfia-
01-21-2005, 12:48 AM
:lol:

aceit
01-21-2005, 12:50 AM
Harsh. :p

I've learned a few years ago that if I cant do better, I won't complain. Yet I think about every few minutes for the past day, I've thought about Mardy losing. I actually had a dream about him which included Andy, too. It was probably the best dream I've ever had. I thought to myself during it that I would have to tell all you MTF guys about it when it ended. :lol: Then I woke up. And I was sad. :sad:.

Deb, Vince didn't do so well here, I thought. So if it's a close decision between the two, I'd pick Mardy since he's better eye candy for PMac. ;)

Deboogle!.
01-21-2005, 12:58 AM
Deb, Vince didn't do so well here, I thought. So if it's a close decision between the two, I'd pick Mardy since he's better eye candy for PMac. ;)

haha! No, Vinny lost in the first round, as did Robby (Whose play into R16 last year got him the spot for the first round against Austria last Feb.)... they have a couple more tourneys - San Jose, Memphis, and maybe even Scottsdale (not sure when PMac would have to make the absolute decision), but if one of the guys goes out there and does REALLY well at San Jose and Memphis, let's say... it might change his mind, but I think he considers slam performances the most because of the physical demands of best-of-5 and also b/c they're more high-stakes in general.

aceit
01-21-2005, 12:59 AM
Well, I hope Mardy goes well enough to get onto the DC team. :)

Éowyn
01-21-2005, 01:51 AM
i think it will be between mardy and taylor to be honest robbys been sucky again :sad:

aceit
01-21-2005, 03:17 AM
i think it will be between mardy and taylor to be honest robbys been sucky again :sad:
What about Vinnie? :unsure:

Éowyn
01-21-2005, 04:31 AM
mardy and taylor have better records and i stil get the impression pmac don't want vince there and i don't blame him to be honest, he proved he doesn't want to be there for the team he wants to be there for himself and thats worng to me but hey ho! i think james is probably ahead of vince in the list too..

but we'll see what pmac does

james and mardy are serving for the match now :)

Éowyn
01-21-2005, 04:34 AM
whhhhheeeeeeeeeeee :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
well done boys into the 3rd round :) 6-3 6-2 :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Aleksa's Laydee
01-21-2005, 01:56 PM
awesome guys :D

Golfnduck
01-21-2005, 06:39 PM
Good job James and Mardy!!! :yeah:
I think the #2 Davis Cup spot will go to Taylor. Hopefully Agassi will play Davis Cup. Our Davis Cup team would be awesome!!!

aceit
01-21-2005, 08:10 PM
Yay! Good job, guys. :yeah:

Éowyn
01-22-2005, 12:31 AM
Andre will never come back to davis cup golfnduck and as much as i love him i'm glad of that coz the team needs to move on.

rue
01-22-2005, 05:22 PM
If Mardy can make an impression in his next couple of tournaments and perhaps even win one, then I think that PMac will pick him, as of now it don't look too good.

Aleksa's Laydee
01-22-2005, 06:55 PM
they play tonight good luck guys :D

aceit
01-22-2005, 07:53 PM
Yes...good luck to them. :)

Deboogle!.
01-22-2005, 08:26 PM
It's great to see them playing together in a slam. They're really great together as a team, their communication is great and they have a lot of fun! Hope they can go deep :)

Golfnduck
01-22-2005, 09:07 PM
GOOO MARDY AND JAMES!!! I'm happy for them that they are playing well as a doubles team.

sophia_c
01-22-2005, 09:48 PM
I love to see Mardy play with James...they play well together and make a great team. Now Mardy needs to get in some decent singles wins...which I am sure he will......I have total confidence in him and that won't change...even if I have to wait. I am so looking forward to seeing him at Wimbledon....thats the one for him...remember all...he is in the shadow of Andy because they are such good friends and thats hard to cope with...and yeah..he hasn't always been as fit as he could have been but Todd will help change all that....and now Mardy seems ready to put in the hard work too....

Mardy....love the hair.... :kiss: :kiss: :drool: :drool:

Éowyn
01-23-2005, 12:11 AM
true sophia and andy casts a very big shadow :)

Deboogle!.
01-23-2005, 01:58 AM
If Anything, I'd think that being in Andy's shadow would only make him work HARDER. Sure, I'm sure it's hard to deal with and I'm sure he's a little jealous but you would think that seeing his buddy go win a grand slam and finish the year #1 then maintain that for a whole other year and finish #2 would just make him want to get his ass out there and do the best he can. Maybe he's on the path, I really hope so. This is the prime of his career, he really needs to start taking the right steps.

aceit
01-23-2005, 04:03 AM
Amen.

Deboogle!.
01-23-2005, 06:45 AM
;)

So now Mardy and James play the Bryans... I'm so torn. and I hate ESPN for almost certainly not showing it to us. 4 awesome Americans and good friends playing in dubs and we won't get to see it :crying2:

snaillyyy
01-23-2005, 07:12 AM
ESPN sucks for not showing this match! :sad: :sad:

Aleksa's Laydee
01-23-2005, 01:33 PM
well done boys for getting this far :yeah:

oooh v the bryans....tough!!! GOOD LUCK THOUGH!!!

aceit
01-23-2005, 04:23 PM
ESPN sucks for not showing this match! :sad: :sad:
ESPN sucks in general with tennis. :p

Jennay
01-23-2005, 04:29 PM
OMG - Mardy/James vs. Bob/Mike :sad: Well.. whoever wins.. I'll be happy :hug:

I love you Jen.
Love you too :angel:

sophia_c
01-23-2005, 07:55 PM
Actually Debstah, I would guess Mardy is not jealous of Andy in any way...... in fact I'm sure he is not. You just have to look at the way Andy is to understand how different they are...thats it...they are different people with different talents...its just that Andy has realised his potential a little sooner....now maybe that is down to his coaches or his hard work....but I know Mardy has a good work ethic...its a matter of timing and I believe that he will make big inroads this season. He is very very talented and one of the nicest guys you could wish to meet on the circuit so his time will come. Now the fans just have to have a little patience :) :)

:worship: :worship: Mardy :worship: :worship:

-sOfia-
01-23-2005, 08:58 PM
Gooodluck Mardy and James!

Éowyn
01-24-2005, 04:05 AM
i totally love mike and bob but i am gonna start getting sulky with this tourny first they take out robby and now they're gonna play james and mardy :sad: still i really want them to win it. but ireally want mardy to win ahhhh

:bigcry:

liptea
01-24-2005, 08:51 AM
I find it hard to watch Mardy with his new hair that is straight from the devil.

aceit
01-24-2005, 07:03 PM
Yay, they get to play on Rod Laver!

Boo...I have to sleep while they are playing. :sad:

Éowyn
01-24-2005, 07:31 PM
and i bet even on rod laver court eurosport doens't bother to show it :mad:

liptea you're right his hair is from the devil :devil:

roisin
01-24-2005, 09:22 PM
oooh mardy playing doubles on rod laver! nice! wont get to see it though.... i'll be in school :sad: but eurosport always show the matches i dont wanna see so they'll be faffy and not even show the highlights of it anyways. good luck to mardy & james! :woohoo:

this is my first trip into the mardy forum, ive always liked him but his new found lack of hair has made me visit here. hellloooo everybody :wavey:

sophia_c
01-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Hi Rosine...I really like his hair this way too...the old Mardy....so much better...and a big welcome to the MTF forum for the Fishman!!!!

:worship: :worship: Mardy :worship: :worship:

Love the hair

aceit
01-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Hey there, roisin. :wavey:
Mardy rocks! :cool:

roisin
01-24-2005, 09:59 PM
aha my fellow topless tournament vip :lol: how goes it!!

oooh yeh mardy is a LEDGE! :yeah: :bounce:

Aleksa's Laydee
01-25-2005, 07:17 AM
yay i can follow the scoreboard at school...go team fish :D

Aleksa's Laydee
01-25-2005, 11:16 AM
they were a break down, broke back then went a break down again and lost the 1st set 6-4 :(

aceit
01-25-2005, 11:18 AM
Wow this match is going on late!

ataptc
01-25-2005, 03:08 PM
they lost the 2nd set 6-4 too.. starsports actually showed the match! :yippee: i remember at one time when one of the bryan bros(i forgot which one) was serving, first james produced a forehand return dtl, then mardy did the exact shot next. that was nice.

ataptc
01-25-2005, 03:22 PM
i forgot to mention that i think mardy's calves are getting more muscular :)

Deboogle!.
01-25-2005, 03:39 PM
Wow you actually got to see the match? I hate you! :p

Mardy said he worked hard over the offseason, god I hope that's true.

ataptc
01-25-2005, 03:49 PM
Wow you actually got to see the match? I hate you! :p
:p

Deboogle!.
01-25-2005, 04:09 PM
ohmygosh you av!!!! :haha:

aceit
01-25-2005, 05:53 PM
Your so lucky, ataptc!

And your avatar is great! :yeah: :haha:

Golfnduck
01-25-2005, 11:20 PM
Mardy and James did well this tournament. I think they would be an exciting doubles team to watch.

-sOfia-
01-26-2005, 04:33 AM
Great Job Boys. Great showing for both.

ataptc
01-26-2005, 01:09 PM
when i saw that pic, it had to be my avatar :lol:

Aleksa's Laydee
01-26-2005, 06:54 PM
SOOO LUCKY that you got to see the match :sad:

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 08:04 PM
“I got off the court and I took a shower and I didn’t have any conditioner, and you know how it is when you don’t have any conditioner, it just knots up,” Fish said of his decision to get shorn. “I tried to tie it back and it hurt, and it was pulling my hair and my hair was coming out, and I was like, ‘I’ve had enough.’ ”

I still laugh when I read this...believe me..this is so not Mardy...definetly the time to cut it off if he was thinking like this!!!!!

And I think he looks gooooood!!!!!

:worship: :worship: Mardy.... :worship: :worship:

Aleksa's Laydee
01-26-2005, 08:47 PM
:haha: mardy... :haha:

aceit
01-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Does anyone know where to find any pics of Mardy and James playing doubs?

roisin
01-26-2005, 09:21 PM
try getty images or maybe the official site.

apart from those.... :shrug:

aceit
01-26-2005, 09:33 PM
I checked getty images previously and just checked AO.com and found nothing, but thanks anyway.

roisin
01-26-2005, 10:24 PM
getty dont have any???? :eek:

wow.

they usually have everything.

seriously, if i needed pictures from the 1992 tiddleywinks world championships i'd expect getty to have them. :)

aceit
01-26-2005, 11:29 PM
Getty dosen't care about doubles. :sad:

Deboogle!.
01-27-2005, 02:13 AM
Does anyone know where to find any pics of Mardy and James playing doubs?

I have some that I took from Houston last April :p

aceit
01-27-2005, 02:33 AM
I have some that I took from Houston last April :p
I envy youuuu. Do you have them on a website or anything?

Deboogle!.
01-27-2005, 03:44 AM
just for you :p

Sorry they're blurryish, that scanner did funky things to the pics, they don't really look like that :(

aceit
01-27-2005, 03:52 AM
Oh my goodness, Deb. That one of them where Mardy is the catcher and James is hitting is sooo cute and funny. You're so lucky to have seen them.

And thanks so much for sharing them! I love Mardy in that blue shirt. :hearts: This is a nice way to end off my night. I'll probably have a dream about him again. :p

aceit
01-27-2005, 03:54 AM
BTW - I love the baseball one so much I put it as the background of my computer. I hope that's ok. It's not like anyone is going to steal it this way. ;) I just adore that picture!!!

Now everytime I go on the computer (99% of my life), I'll think of you. :p

And another thing - Mardy has a nice butt.

Éowyn
01-27-2005, 04:25 AM
theres also some pics of the boys playing doubles on the blakefanz site and also on the blakebros site :)

Deboogle!.
01-27-2005, 05:26 AM
aww, Lauren, I'm so touched! Check your PMs :p

simpletennis
01-30-2005, 10:02 PM
nice pics Debstah, i like them