Miami R4: Ferrer def. Nishikori 6-4 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Miami R4: Ferrer def. Nishikori 6-4 6-2

Dead Net Cord
03-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Nid

World number 4 is expecting his QF opponent that will be Melzer or Ramos.

Chris Kuerten
03-26-2013, 04:32 PM
Better, fitter and more talented player won, great for the sport. Should've been 6-1 6-1, though, but you can't have everything.

Nishikiddy :wavey:

Topspindoctor
03-26-2013, 04:32 PM
Awful result for tennis.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Johnny Groove
03-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Another lesson being taught.

30 year old defeats 23 year old, 2013 tennis in a nutshell.

Deathless Mortal
03-26-2013, 04:33 PM
So much about Nishikori being a bad match up for David, 13 games won by the Fragile Boy in the last 5 sets played between the two.
Congrats David :worship:

Young 8
03-26-2013, 04:34 PM
Lol, Nishikori

Such an overrated scrub

redshift36188
Not good enough from Nishikori. :o

Ferrer fans, have a field.

Federer in 2
Great result. Still a lot less than Brilliant from Ferrer, but it was a much better performance than in the previous round. Some flashes of the 2012 Ferrer forehand as well, great to see :bounce:

Pretty much ensures a semi here, Melzer shouldn't be a problem.

Brit Tennis Fan
03-26-2013, 04:35 PM
Better, more talented player won.

Feeble, overrated nobody sent home.

ProdigyEng
03-26-2013, 04:36 PM
Inb4 Lenders blames this one on an injury.

Dark Knight
03-26-2013, 04:36 PM
NID really. Well Done Ferrer.

Topspindoctor
03-26-2013, 04:38 PM
Nid

World number 4 is expecting his QF opponent that will be Melzer or Ramos.

It hurts even to read it

Saberq
03-26-2013, 04:40 PM
Another lesson being taught.

30 year old defeats 23 year old, 2013 tennis in a nutshell.

and?Kei is a useless pusher with zero weapons Ferrer is the same just a tad better

Dark Knight
03-26-2013, 04:41 PM
It hurts even to read it

Not Ferrer's fault that Nadal got injured.

janko05
congrats to Lenders and his fans

Lopez
Lenders can enjoy his humble pie. Go Ferru!

henke007
03-26-2013, 04:42 PM
Great Draw for World nr 4

Moozza
03-26-2013, 04:45 PM
In b4 Lenders.

rubbERR
03-26-2013, 04:46 PM
Ferru vs Nole and stands are going to be almost empty. Tournament director is in deep shit.

Topspindoctor
03-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Ferru vs Nole and stands are going to be almost empty. Tournament director is in deep shit.

Maybe they can put Serena on court before that match, maybe a few bored people will stick around :shrug:

nazzac
03-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Didn't catch the match, but congrats Ferrer & his fans.

Kei :(. Nice oppertunity to get to the semis if he beat Ferrer

bouncer7
03-26-2013, 04:53 PM
23th win for the real #2 this season

computer #2 is slowly preparing to become computer #3, #4, #5

The Prince
03-26-2013, 04:54 PM
I keep hearing that Nshikori is meant to be some sort of marksman-like aggressor but every time I watch him, all he does is push the ball into play, and occasionally changes the direction of the rally.

Ferrer, is just three or four levels above Nishikori in pretty much all areas of the game. They have the same strengths and weaknesses, but Ferrer is just better. Nothing to see here.

rubbERR
03-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Maybe they can put Serena on court before that match, maybe a few bored people will stick around :shrug:

WTA brings even less people, is there actually any people watching WTA outside these combined events? :lol:

Thats why equal prize money is ridiculous, there is not much people who even care about WTA. :lol:

Abel
03-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Pretty dull match, Ferrer doing his usual thing and Kei moving poorly and didn't get much power in his FH.

Sophitia36
03-26-2013, 04:59 PM

Yeah cause Nole vs Kei would have drawn huge crowds and would certainly have been a breathtaking match :rolleyes:

I've just come home and couldn't watch. Was Ferru any better? I'm more interested in seeing whether he can play properly again, than in seeing him beat Nishikori if Nishikori played badly.

ossie
03-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Shameless 'vulture' beats another 'talented' prodigy what is the world coming to. Boodifcukinghoo

Chris Kuerten
03-26-2013, 05:10 PM
Yeah cause Nole vs Kei would have drawn huge crowds and would certainly have been a breathtaking match :rolleyes:

I've just come home and couldn't watch. Was Ferru any better? I'm more interested in seeing whether he can play properly again, than in seeing him beat Nishikori if Nishikori played badly.First set was absolutely awful from David, 17 UE, but he played pretty well in the second, might've been one of his best sets this year. We have something to hold on to, although that most probably won't matter against Djokovic in the SF.

madmax
03-26-2013, 05:14 PM
Kei was just piss poot today...most probably was bothered by some physical issue. It's too bad that such a smooth baseliner is made of glass, but here ya go - life sucks

Abel
03-26-2013, 05:14 PM

I've just come home and couldn't watch. Was Ferru any better? I'm more interested in seeing whether he can play properly again, than in seeing him beat Nishikori if Nishikori played badly.

He improved as the match went on, better than some of the stuff he's played in 2013 but still a long way from 2011-12 form.

acionescu
03-26-2013, 05:16 PM
God knows I love Pics and I adore this result but the amount of pushing in this match.... :facepalm:

That being said, Lenders :hug:

rocketassist
03-26-2013, 05:17 PM
Kei :facepalm: He's in poor form atm.

Sombrerero loco
03-26-2013, 05:18 PM
pushed to death :o
kei was lucky ferru got mad in the first set, he played awful tennis today. dissappointing performance for the samurai here imo

Hypnotize
03-26-2013, 05:19 PM
Ferrer is just a better version of Nishikori.

Hypnotize
03-26-2013, 05:21 PM
Kei was just piss poot today...most probably was bothered by some physical issue. It's too bad that such a smooth baseliner is made of glass, but here ya go - life sucks
... and here come the expected injury excuses. :facepalm:

Rumour
03-26-2013, 05:24 PM
Ferru :)

Nishi :hug:

Dead Net Cord
03-26-2013, 05:30 PM
Nishikori didn't handle the pressure from Lenders.

Vinceremo
03-26-2013, 05:36 PM
I wonder if Lenders would do a 180º switch on his Kei worshiping ala Sapeod with Delpo if results don't start getting better :lol:

MuzzahLovah
03-26-2013, 05:37 PM
wtf kei?
such a meek scoreline.

BackhandDTL
03-26-2013, 05:37 PM
Here I thought Ferrer was supposed to be in poor form.

I guess he took those beatings he took recently were just to be expected. :shrug:

rubbERR
03-26-2013, 05:43 PM
No one noticed yet, but here we go

Miami R4 - not Indian wells :lol:

Andi-M
03-26-2013, 05:48 PM

:haha:

:worship: Vamos Ferrer

Mark Lenders
03-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Pretty dull match, Ferrer doing his usual thing and Kei moving poorly and didn't get much power in his FH.

Pretty much. Very flat performance from Kei here, kind of disappointing. Still, looking at his results/performances this year overall so far compared to years past, he seems to have got better at beating lower ranked players with some ease, but worse at showing up against top 10 players. He at least lived up to his seeding in every event bar IW (where he missed his seeding by one match), but his performances vs top 10 players have been meh. In 2011 and 2012, he built his ranking through some odd good runs that involved beating the likes of Tsonga, Berdych, Ferrer, even Djokovic, and then lost early at a ton of events... I suppose this is a better way to get a slightly better ranking, but hopefully he can combine the two soon. He has a month off before his next event now, hope he uses it well to get in better shape and tackle whatever physical issues are making play with tapes on his knee and ankle since Australia.

As for Ferrer, well glad your boy is around to put an end to this nonsense again.

I wonder if Lenders would do a 180º switch on his Kei worshiping ala Sapeod with Delpo if results don't start getting better :lol:

Of course, I make a point of not supporting anyone without a Slam title when they reach the age of 25, so Kei has less than two years to deliver :rolleyes:

Dead Net Cord
03-26-2013, 05:58 PM

I still bear in mind that Ferrer would have advanced to Indian Wells QF if he hadn't been cheated in R2 :silly:

Corrected

Vinceremo
03-26-2013, 06:04 PM
Of course, I make a point of not supporting anyone without a Slam title when they reach the age of 25, so Kei has less than two years to deliver :rolleyes:

I was clearly joking, but if you do it, would be hilarious nevertheless :lol: since it's somehow clear you appreciate his game and just enjoy watching him play + the usual trolling with the Ferrer matchups, should be fine.

just don't set the bar of expectations for him too high or you're in for even more disappointments ;)

derstatic
03-26-2013, 06:07 PM
I keep hearing that Nshikori is meant to be some sort of marksman-like aggressor but every time I watch him, all he does is push the ball into play, and occasionally changes the direction of the rally.

Ferrer, is just three or four levels above Nishikori in pretty much all areas of the game. They have the same strengths and weaknesses, but Ferrer is just better. Nothing to see here.

Watched some of his matches from Tokyo past year. That was super hitting but apart from that occation I sort of agree.

motorhead
03-26-2013, 06:07 PM

ahahah

dencod16
03-26-2013, 06:13 PM
WTA brings even less people, is there actually any people watching WTA outside these combined events? :lol:

Thats why equal prize money is ridiculous, there is not much people who even care about WTA. :lol:

There is difference between Serena and wta. And Indian wells was last week.

Here I thought Ferrer was supposed to be in poor form.

I guess he took those beatings he took recently were just to be expected. :shrug:

Actually still below par compared to his 2012 form.

Mark Lenders
03-26-2013, 06:17 PM
I was clearly joking, but if you do it, would be hilarious nevertheless :lol: since it's somehow clear you appreciate his game and just enjoy watching him play + the usual trolling with the Ferrer matchups, should be fine.

just don't set the bar of expectations for him too high or you're in for even more disappointments ;)

Expectations aren't high at all. In fact from all players I support Kei is the only one I fear will lose pretty much any match he plays no matter the opponent's rank due to his fragility. Of course ideally I'd like him to fully fulfill his potential and get great results, but I've long accepted that whatever he manages to do it's fine.

And expectations/disappointments were never an issue, of all active players I support closely Delpo is the only one who has a Slam and he's not exactly someone you want to follow closely if you're only in it for the success (as Sapeod's 180º shows) for a lot of reasons, one of them being that his stubborness to play through injury all the time makes for very painful/stressful viewing even when he's winning. So yeah, no Sapeod heel turn, I supported Ancic during his mono years so I doubt any set of bad results/poor health can make me stop supporting Kei :lol:

born_on_clay
03-26-2013, 06:19 PM
congrats Ferru :hatoff:

BackhandDTL
03-26-2013, 06:39 PM
There is difference between Serena and wta. And Indian wells was last week.

Actually still below par compared to his 2012 form.

Is he now?

He made a run in Doha before getting crushed by a superior Davy, who peaks for that shit. He then met his ranking in AO, only to be crushed by a clearly superior Djokovic. He went deep in Acapulco, but happened to be crushed by a clearly superior Nadal. And finally, he was batted around by Anderson last wee.

In between these events, he won Auckland as expected, pulling off an impressive win against the only top 50 player he faced in Kohlschreiber. And he picked on the carcasses of Buenos Aires, pulling off an impressive win against the only top 40 guy he faced in Wawrinka.

Am I missing something here when, by this time last year, he had been embarrassed by Djokovic twice, beat every low-ranked, underwhelming player under the sun in Auckland, BA, et al., suffered a loss to then-#50 Istomin @ IW, and fortunately had no Nadal to contend with in Acapulco?

The script has been almost the exact same. Face it, his ceiling is not that high.

Corey Feldman
03-26-2013, 06:43 PM
another proud moment for the young talent on ATP :lol:

Pirata.
03-26-2013, 06:52 PM

:haha:

joplin
03-26-2013, 07:36 PM
Nishikori is becoming Ferrer´s pigeon.

redshift36188
03-26-2013, 07:39 PM
Very well said by BackhandDTL, the only difference is that Ferrer is now making a bit more UEs but that's all. It's disgusting to see these tards talking as if he was pulling some amazing tennis last year.

Mountaindewslave
03-26-2013, 07:50 PM
and?Kei is a useless pusher with zero weapons Ferrer is the same just a tad better

weird, Kei beat Djokovic 6-0 in third set of Tokyo a few years back I believe it was.... strange for someone with no weapons

Time Violation
03-26-2013, 08:09 PM
weird, Kei beat Djokovic 6-0 in third set of Tokyo a few years back I believe it was.... strange for someone with no weapons

Tokyo, lol wut

Sophitia36
03-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Is he now?

He made a run in Doha before getting crushed by a superior Davy, who peaks for that shit. He then met his ranking in AO, only to be crushed by a clearly superior Djokovic. He went deep in Acapulco, but happened to be crushed by a clearly superior Nadal. And finally, he was batted around by Anderson last wee.

In between these events, he won Auckland as expected, pulling off an impressive win against the only top 50 player he faced in Kohlschreiber. And he picked on the carcasses of Buenos Aires, pulling off an impressive win against the only top 40 guy he faced in Wawrinka.

Am I missing something here when, by this time last year, he had been embarrassed by Djokovic twice, beat every low-ranked, underwhelming player under the sun in Auckland, BA, et al., suffered a loss to then-#50 Istomin @ IW, and fortunately had no Nadal to contend with in Acapulco?

The script has been almost the exact same. Face it, his ceiling is not that high.

Well, in terms of result, it isn't much different from last year. But in terms of tennis... I'm sorry but you've got to be blind to see no difference.
It's not his results so far that are worrying, it's rather that if he plays like this all year, sooner or later the difference will also be seen in the results.
This, and the fact that I don't particularly enjoy watching him pile up tons of UEs.

Alex999
03-26-2013, 08:25 PM
disappointed but whatever. I also don't think Nole ever played Tokyo, by the way, can't remember tho.

misty1
03-26-2013, 08:35 PM
Kei:o

emotion
03-26-2013, 08:35 PM
Better player won.

Ferrer looked more himself that second set than he has for a while, might test Djokovic playing like that

misty1
03-26-2013, 08:39 PM
Better player won.

Ferrer looked more himself that second set than he has for a while, might test Djokovic playing like that

sure he will and sharapova will stop screaming when she hits the ball and will beat serena in the final too

the only time ferrer has a chance against djokovic is if novak is disinterested or hurt

nazzac
03-26-2013, 08:40 PM
Nishikori is becoming Ferrer´s pigeon.

Yeah. 3-2 h2h in Ferrer's favour makes him Ferrer's pigeon :facepalm:

It was in Basel in 2011.

BackhandDTL
03-26-2013, 08:45 PM
Well, in terms of result, it isn't much different from last year. But in terms of tennis... I'm sorry but you've got to be blind to see no difference.
It's not his results so far that are worrying, it's rather that if he plays like this all year, sooner or later the difference will also be seen in the results.
This, and the fact that I don't particularly enjoy watching him pile up tons of UEs.

As expected from Ferrer's #1 apologist.

Please tell me then, in your expert analysis, where lies the difference in form between the two destructions?

3T7i-suFV78
f-L0-rZrMrE

The only difference is that Ferrer in '13 attempts to play hyper-aggressive against top players, which is a strategy he adopted (against Novak at least) since Miami of last year. That's what has resulted in the dozens of errors he produced in this years' matches, which are graciously left out of the highlights above. Essentially, he's adopted a new way to lose.

Also, any physical deterioration he may be experiencing is equally expected considering how much his game relies on his legs, aggressive or defensive.

janko05
03-26-2013, 10:00 PM

They've never played in Tokio :facepalm: