Miami R3: Murray def. Dimitrov 7-6(3) 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Miami R3: Murray def. Dimitrov 7-6(3) 6-3

PorkBarrel
03-25-2013, 09:23 PM
Grisha :spit:

He looked great in the first set but choked it away from 5-2, 3 DFs when serving for the set (at least it wasn't 4...progress ;)). Murray was half asleep but his defense on big points and Grisha's legendary choking gave him the first set. Grisha was mentally hungover for the second set, hence the scoreline.

Murray was going wide or long when he tried to go for the lines, even in the second set. Not a good sign going forward.

FedererBulgaria
03-25-2013, 09:24 PM
Playing like loser,aboslute loser ! And it comes from one of ur all life fans,clown ! It was shame to watch u,it really hurts me !Thank u !

Abel
03-25-2013, 09:24 PM
I know people will go on about his choke in the first but I was impressed with how he lived with Murray athletically for a while and his level of play generally up until serving for the set.

Promising stuff, hopefully he builds on it.

samanosuke
03-25-2013, 09:25 PM
Cilic, Almagro, Wawrinka and Troicki in their most epic moments are cheapest shit for one ordinary Dimitrov's day in office

GSMnadal
Disgraceful. 4 double faults the entire match. 3 of them when serving for the set :facepalm:

RNW
I am really sorry to post it a few seconds too early, I made a mistake because i actually thought it was finish.

We proudly present: Choke of the month.

And it was not even funny anymore.
Dimitrov up 3-1, can't hold serve.
Dimitrov up 4-2 again with a break.
Dimitrov hold to 5-2.
Dimitrov has not even a set point because he is too busy with double faulting.
Tie break: First minibreak from Dimitrov with fantastic tennis.
Followed by a silly mistake.
And another silly mistake to 4-3 for Murray.

+ Combined with breathtaking defense from A. Murray.

misty1
he might have been ahead and looked good for a while but the collapse was NID.Unless grigor works his head out he will amount to nothing

janko05
03-25-2013, 09:26 PM
in before someone says Andy has nothing to do with it

Jverweij
03-25-2013, 09:26 PM
Murray was way too defensive, but much of that was due to Dimitrov. If this guy sorts his head out, he will reach the top 10 in no time. It's a big if though!

Topspindoctor
03-25-2013, 09:27 PM
Mugray (and Aeolus) def. Choketrov :help: :tape:

Droog
Didn't live up to expectations. Murray wasn't at a good level and Dimitrov choked the first set. Andy will need to up his game for sure.

MuzzahLovah
Ugly match. Murray gritted through and accepted Dimi's chokes, played some good defense when he had to. Bad conditions probably had a lot to do with it, it looked humid and windy.

I hope Dimi restricts his choking to Murray and Djoko.

Hopefully Murray plays better next match.

RNW
Cilic, Almagro, Wawrinka and Troicki in their most epic moments are cheapest shit for one ordinary Dimitrov's day in office

Those are my thoughts as well. At least for today.

born_on_clay
Grigor, this was just :o

Federer in 2
Good for the game.

rocketassist
03-25-2013, 09:28 PM
Best thing about it was the net exchange, it looks like Andy really admires Grigor.

Shocking choke at 5-3 and Murray turned it into a slugfest. Physically he broke him down.

Time Violation
Dimitrov plays on the edge too much for his good, no wonder it backfires more often than not

3DGNumberOneFan
Disgusting Grigor simply Disgusting. Go home and rest that brain. The shots are there you just need a psychiatrist for the choking.

Las7
Grigor needs to sort himself out. Pretty disappointing to play so well and than completely choke unable to hold his serve. It's times like these when players should just concentrate on getting the ball into play instead of continuing to try winning points.

lidal
Grigor is pretty talented guy, tennis-wise. Mentally, he is younger Troicki :o

MuzzahLovah
03-25-2013, 09:29 PM
Didn't live up to expectations. Murray wasn't at a good level and Dimitrov choked the first set. Andy will need to up his game for sure.

Yeah, I was hoping for a better match. At least as good of tennis as Brisbane(where the choke wasn't as bad and Andy played better)

Topspindoctor
03-25-2013, 09:29 PM
Disgusting Grigor simply Disgusting. Go home and rest that brain. The shots are there you just need a psychiatrist for the choking.

That's why this clown will never approach even slam SF. He would choke to a granny in a wheelchair if the moment was big enough :o

samanosuke
03-25-2013, 09:30 PM
After Djokovic match

Well peope here are so rude to Dimitrov ! He has a head problems,but lets imagine u lead 5-3 and MAKE this 4 DFs ,im sure most of the players will loose the set 5-7 ,he hold next to love and then Djoko won the TB and Grigor knows its ovet,its all in his head ! Today the NAME Djokovic def.Grigor,not the player!

After Murray match

Playing like loser,aboslute loser ! And it comes from one of ur all life fans,clown ! It was shame to watch u,it really hurts me !Thank u !

You shouldn't be mad on your boy. Today just 3 DFs when he was serving for set. Obvious improvement

rocketassist
03-25-2013, 09:30 PM
Brisbane pissed over this.

The faster the court the better the tennis.

philosophicalarf
03-25-2013, 09:31 PM
Murray was god-awful in the first set, until Dimitrov woke him up with that choke. So many basic errors, two of the breaks were total freebies.

Usual story though in early rounds against easy opponents. Takes a long while to get into a match.

Blue Heart24
Dimitrov played some very good tennis at the beginning.If he improves his mental strength and stops choking,he can be a big time player.
He seems pretty calm after all that choking,with occasional outbursts and breaking rackets.I know he gets a lot of bashing here,but I feel like he is improving overall with time.He still has a lot of time.Although doublefaulting and choking like that is unacceptable for him.

Mark Lenders
I know people will go on about his choke in the first but I was impressed with how he lived with Murray athletically for a while and his level of play generally up until serving for the set.

Promising stuff, hopefully he builds on it.

Well it's understandable that people focus on the choke here. Everyone knows Dimitrov has a lot of game and he actually should be a bad matchup for Murray imo, but that will not be enough to take him far if he doesn't deliver the goods when it counts.

MuzzahLovah
Best thing about it was the net exchange, it looks like Andy really admires Grigor.

Shocking choke at 5-3 and Murray turned it into a slugfest. Physically he broke him down.

Shocking? He did this last tournament except harder. I wasn't surprised tbh.

Topspindoctor
Damn straight I am pissed. But on the other hand clay season is coming up and we all know how 'Slamray' fares there :haha:

samanosuke
03-25-2013, 09:32 PM

you wouldn't admire the guy who served 3 DFs when he was serving for set against you ?

star
03-25-2013, 09:33 PM
you wouldn't admire the guy who served 3 DFs when he was serving for set against you ?

Maybe gratitude would be uppermost in my mind. :p

rocketassist
03-25-2013, 09:33 PM

Usually Murray handshakes/exchanges are the plainest on tour- unless Novak wants to bromance him a la USO.

latso
03-25-2013, 09:34 PM
same old...deja vue..etc

But, this is something he will overcome with the first set he takes against those top 4 guys and from there on, once he knows he can do it - he just will.

He needed to be just slightly lucky at those couple of set points he had returning at 5-2 and the match would have been really wide open, unfortunately those guys have some reserve, which they use in such moments and it's hard to finish them.

The last 4 games of the match gave me some food for optimism, as he finished uphill, fighting for this break, yet this reserve of aces and solid shots comes always handy for the champs.

I'm not worried, i'm even almost cool with it all. That's just the inevitable way.

Tiebreak100
Murray was abysmal and still won with ease. It just emphasises how incredibly talented Murray is; that even when he is playing dreadful he finds a way to win. I am sure that performance will have the respect of this forum.

Anyone any idea what can be done to ensure Murray starts better? Just holding serve is an achievement for him in the early exchanges.

Dimitrov fans hang tight, its only a matter of time.

Droog
Yeah, I was hoping for a better match. At least as good of tennis as Brisbane(where the choke wasn't as bad and Andy played better)

Same here =/

samanosuke
03-25-2013, 09:35 PM
Murray probably advised him to serve 3-4 DFs in first service game to avoid embarrassment of doing that when he is serving for set. All great tacticians would do that

MuzzahLovah
03-25-2013, 09:36 PM
Murray was abysmal and still won with ease. It just emphasises how incredibly talented Murray is; that even when he is playing dreadful he finds a way to win. I am sure that performance will have the respect of this forum.

Anyone any idea what can be done to ensure Murray starts better? Just holding serve is an achievement for him in the early exchanges.

Surely it seems like he could just start warming up an hour earlier. It seemed like he didn't make first serve or a forehand until 5-6 in the first set.

Alex999
03-25-2013, 09:37 PM
he just can't play freely if you wish. His last match with Novak was a complete disaster, now this. I'm not sure how you improve this 'mental thingy'. Dimitrov had everything going on for him in the first set, and he just gave it away. it's really sad.

Moozza
03-25-2013, 09:38 PM
Haters mad as usual.

Dimitrov is easily the best of the young guys coming through. However, he unfortunately suffers from a serious case of the illness mental midgetary. If he can pull off just one big win he could really get going, that doesn't look too likely though when he can't even serve for a set without hitting 3 or 4 double faults.

Time Violation
03-25-2013, 09:38 PM

I wonder how much he would admire him at the net if Grigor won 6-2 6-3 :p Btw, Murray challenging his own good serve because Dimitrov hit a winner was pretty cheap, you don't see that very often.

janko05
03-25-2013, 09:39 PM

This :bowdown:

Hypnotize
03-25-2013, 09:40 PM
Exciting, drama filled match. Grigor obviously had the same issues he had in the Novak match but there are a lot of positives to draw from today. Grigor was ripping winners from all over the court and playing the kind of attacking tennis that can threaten anyone. He looks incredible when he plays like that and as soon as he sorts out his nerves, he will fly up the rankings. He may have choked again today but the more you get in these positions, the more likely you are to learn from them.

leng jai

It's more like how the majority of the tour crumbles when they have a chance to take a set/match off a top 4 player.

ProdigyEng
*sigh*

Murray was boring this match. I missed Defensive-Counterpunch Murray, or aggressive Murray.

A win is a win though.

samanosuke
Maybe gratitude would be uppermost in my mind. :p

then it must be gratitude. have to believe a person of a tard who whatever he has achieved, achieved with spreading the gratitude for gifts like Dimitrov's today

latso
03-25-2013, 09:42 PM
It has nothing to do with Murray's slow start, it's all about the fresh fire power of Dimitrov who wouldn't let him play a slow point and would hit through him on this slow surface.

Once the power starts fading slowly away, Murray starts owning the longer rallies and looks so cool and almost uninterested that the opponent just can't figure out the right plays to get a point.

But at one point Grigor will figure these ways out, he just needs one set against either Murray or Djokovic. Federer and Rafa is a different match up, completely.

A_Skywalker
03-25-2013, 09:43 PM

♛ Proud fan of ☛Grigor ✪ Dimitrov☚ for years ♛

:lol:

You need to set your expectations lower, that was expected.

Mae
03-25-2013, 09:44 PM
Happy for Andy and I think Grigor is up and coming :D

latso
03-25-2013, 09:45 PM

not wrong actually. If we bash him about losing to the top 3 guys, we are a bit ahead of ourselves. He isn't top 10 yet... :rolleyes:

This result is pretty much what happens to anyone, except a couple guys and compared to Bernard Goatic...it feels like Dimitrov is kinda closer, isn't he?

FedererBulgaria
03-25-2013, 09:46 PM

The problems are not my expactions ,everybody saw that when Grigor is ON he can lead Nole or Murray,the problem is in Grigor`s head ! Im sure he will cry really hard tonight,feel sorry for him

Hypnotize
03-25-2013, 09:47 PM

Definitely one of the dumber posts I've seen on here although sadly, all I would expect from you. :facepalm:

janko05
03-25-2013, 09:47 PM
It has nothing to do with Murray's slow start, it's all about the fresh fire power of Dimitrov who wouldn't let him play a slow point and would hit through him on this slow surface.

Once the power starts fading slowly away, Murray starts owning the longer rallies and looks so cool and almost uninterested that the opponent just can't figure out the right plays to get a point.

But at one point Grigor will figure these ways out, he just needs one set against either Murray or Djokovic. Federer and Rafa is a different match up, completely.

+1 :yeah:
had it been Rafa or Fed today they'd be dismantled with ease

rocketassist
03-25-2013, 09:48 PM
Dimitrov already has a set off Rafa doesn't he :lol:

Hypnotize
03-25-2013, 09:49 PM
People can focus on the choke and of course that is to be expected on MTF but Grigor showed once again he has the game to threaten anyone. A lot of players suffer from nerves and dealing with them is something that will come with time. I would far rather he lost a match like this than got blown off the court in two easy sets.

janko05
03-25-2013, 09:50 PM
Dimitrov already has a set off Rafa doesn't he :lol:

it's only a matter of time

Hypnotize
03-25-2013, 09:51 PM
it's only a matter of time
Grigor took a set off Rafa when he was 17 years old.

Time Violation
03-25-2013, 09:53 PM
Interesting stat showing at the beginning btw:

http://oi50.tinypic.com/16lwv7t.jpg

MichaelKrep
03-25-2013, 09:53 PM
As the saying goes, "хубава работа, ама българска". I have to say that I could not watch the match live, as I had to be in a lecture, but checking the live score on my phone was enough to make me so angry once again. So I can't comment on how much of it was a choke and how much of it was down to Murray being a world-class defender.
What I can say is that Dimitrov needs to pull himself together, win a couple of weak-ass 250 events and then try and build his confidence from there, because against the big guys he has the worst inferiority complex I have seen in a long time, maybe ever.
Get it together, Grisha, we love you, but it's such a torture being your fan!

samanosuke
03-25-2013, 09:54 PM
had it been Rafa or Fed today they'd be dismantled with ease

4 DFs against Nole, 3 against Murray... This means 5 against Nadal and signed autograph, joined picture and withdrawing after warming against Fed . If somebody knows how to treat authorities Dimitrov knows

janko05
03-25-2013, 09:56 PM
Grigor took a set off Rafa when he was 17 years old.

you think this drubbing by Nole and Murray will teach him no good?

TigerTim
Murray was piss poor, lucky he had to face a choker this round

Tiebreak100

I am looking at things from a rather blinkered perspective but you cannot ignore the fact that it was probably a combination of both. Murray was serving at 30 odd % and struggling to do the basics, and that is simply not just down to the Bulgarian. Although admittedly Dimitrov started brilliantly.

I agree it is only a mater of time for Dimitrov. I felt if he got the first set and the confidence that would bring then he would have had a huge chance to win the match. Once he makes the next step, watch him go. I just hope its against the other 3 top guys.

latso
The problems are not my expactions ,everybody saw that when Grigor is ON he can lead Nole or Murray,the problem is in Grigor`s head ! Im sure he will cry really hard tonight,feel sorry for him
It's more complicated than that.

First of all you have the energy levels and you have Grigor who has to start full power, while Murray can afford to just stay around and see how it goes, figure out his ways (what he did against Tomic and didn't even need to warm up till the end).

This means that their peaks are working in different directions and Murray's peak is right around the end of first set, where he steps closer to the baseline at return and goes for flatter and more agressive returns. Which means you need to play your best serves there, but you're in a downhill physically, so you start missing.

It's always the same and it's no coincidence Grigor struggles at this point exactly everytime.

Murray and Djokovic both would give their best at such a point and you need to play at maximum pace and precision exactly then to have a chance. It's not Troicki on the other side of the net.

It's a lot about the confidence and Grigor will build it through such matches. He's lucky he can play these guys week in and week out, it's the best possible training in order to grow.

Once he starts more relaxed, keeps his adrenaline mid level until 4-4 and then accelerate - he will start winning such matches, or at least push them to third sets and make them coin flips till the end.

For now it's still the juvenile use of the massive talent. It's like at 100m swimming you go full throttle in the first 60m, lead with 10m and barely make it to the end trailling another 10...

It comes with confidence, which comes with such matches.

At least now we all know that it's absolutely inevitable. He will be a top 10 player for sure. From there on we'll see what happens.

Doktor Carpet
03-25-2013, 09:58 PM
More of the same. Dimitrov plays well enough for the most part of the match, but does really bad in the important moments.

Some lucky for Murray in the 2-5, set point down on service.

Then, the bulgarian served at 5-3 -->
0-15 --> unforced
0-30 --> unforced
15-30 --> winner
30-30 --> winner
30-40 --> DF
40-40 --> Murray gift
40-A --> net DF
game Murray --> net DF

that's just choking...no other word...

A_Skywalker
03-25-2013, 09:59 PM
Definitely one of the dumber posts I've seen on here although sadly, all I would expect from you. :facepalm:

What is dumb? Shouldnt he expect less from Dimitrov? Move on

Problem is he is attacking too much. He relies too much on painting the lines or hitting winners and when it doesnt happen he makes UEs.

Murray Mint
03-25-2013, 09:59 PM
I wonder how much he would admire him at the net if Grigor won 6-2 6-3 :p Btw, Murray challenging his own good serve because Dimitrov hit a winner was pretty cheap, you don't see that very often.
How is that cheap? He's out there to win, not applaud his opponent's winners.. The obsession with pseudo-sportsmanship on here is quite bizarre, considering this is one of the most disrespectful forums I've ever seen.

For a Dimitrov fan, must feel like a kick in the stomach, but there's the consolation of the phenomenal tennis he played for much of the match. He really does seem to suffer worse than most in tense moments though, and it's concerning for him, as he looks to move forward.

latso
03-25-2013, 10:01 PM
4 DFs against Nole, 3 against Murray... This means 5 against Nadal and signed autograph, joined picture and withdrawing after warming against Fed . If somebody knows how to treat authorities Dimitrov knows
Not true. It's a totally different match against Rafa and Fed. These guys have their apparent weaknesses and you need to push this way full power all match long, then either you win or lose.

The true struggle for Grigor type of player is against Murray and Nole, who are both massively fit, extreme defenders and huge tacticians both of them.

You can win or lose against Roger or Rafa on a day, but against the other two you need real dept, stamina and focus every second of the way. A different struggle i believe.

evilmindbulgaria
03-25-2013, 10:02 PM
Grigor played well, but he still cannot overcome that mental block when serving for the set against a Top 4 player. This is the 3rd time this year - twice against Murray and once against Nole.

Also, Grigor could have won the set at 5:2* Ad, a wonderful lob followed by a pathetic overhead. Props to Murray, though, he showed great defense most of the match.

Good luck in doubles, Grisha! And keep your head up :yeah:

Andi-M
03-25-2013, 10:03 PM
Grigor played well in first 8 gmes or so, really going for the ball has great variety, and was bossing Murray around a bit.

Dimi is by far the most talented and exciting to watch of the younger generation. He is mentally very weak already which dosent bode so well, as young players should be fearless what baggage has he got? He's not expected to win matches vs top 4 is he? He definitley needs to work on this.

Murray was just himself crap for first 7-8 gmes, wakes up plays amazing defensive, hits some great shots, refuses to make an error and thats it. too good. But he could lose a set to Seppi if he starts as slowly next round. Seppi will not choke the way Grigor did today if Andy starts poorly again.

Orka_n
03-25-2013, 10:04 PM
Berdych once said that the best advice he had ever recieved was from Ivan Lendl:
"Don't be afraid to win."

Pay heed, Grigor Dimitrov.

Lopez
03-25-2013, 10:05 PM
Dimitrov played well but then had a meltdown. Once his mentality clicks, he'll be tough to beat. Doesn't really have a lot of weaknesses in his game apart from his mental side.

samanosuke
03-25-2013, 10:06 PM
Not true. It's a totally different match against Rafa and Fed. These guys have their apparent weaknesses and you need to push this way full power all match long, then either you win or lose.

The true struggle for Grigor type of player is against Murray and Nole, who are both massively fit, extreme defenders and huge tacticians both of them.

You can win or lose against Roger or Rafa on a day, but against the other two you need real dept, stamina and focus every second of the way. A different struggle i believe.

You are pretty deluded( you showed it multiple times btw ) if you think that Dimitrov's mentality would prevail against Nadal's fighting skills or Dimitrov's game would make Fed uncomfortable like it is making most other players till his dark mind doesn't make the battle unfair

janko05
03-25-2013, 10:07 PM
How is that cheap? He's out there to win, not applaud his opponent's winners.. The obsession with pseudo-sportsmanship on here is quite bizarre, considering this is one of the most disrespectful forums I've ever seen.

For a Dimitrov fan, must feel like a kick in the stomach, but there's the consolation of the phenomenal tennis he played for much of the match. He really does seem to suffer worse than most in tense moments though, and it's concerning for him, as he looks to move forward.

You've seen nothing mate, rest assured!

Hypnotize
03-25-2013, 10:08 PM
What is dumb? Shouldnt he expect less from Dimitrov? Move on

We expect little from you and you always deliver. ;)

latso
03-25-2013, 10:08 PM
I am looking at things from a rather blinkered perspective but you cannot ignore the fact that it was probably a combination of both. Murray was serving at 30 odd % and struggling to do the basics, and that is simply not just down to the Bulgarian. Although admittedly Dimitrov started brilliantly.

I agree it is only a mater of time for Dimitrov. I felt if he got the first set and the confidence that would bring then he would have had a huge chance to win the match. Once he makes the next step, watch him go. I just hope its against the other 3 top guys.
yes, it's pretty much a combo of Dimitrov starting full throttle and Andy taking his time to adjust, hence making some mistakes and playing a bit passive as well.

I believe that when Grigor starts being confident enough, the matches won't go up and down, rather flat and a few points will make the difference.

At this point we couldn't actually see a clash between both guys' top games. And this needs to take place from 4-4 up, which normally should result in a similar way still, coz Murray is still miles away physically, but hopefully Grigor will catch up soon enough.

The way those matches unwind is the exact same way as the WTF final between Roger and Djokovic.

Roger knows he can't handle a full match on medium/high pace and hopes to close the first set fast with all guns blazing.

Once he's stuck around closing it out and Djokovic's prime game comes up to slowly, but surely take it all away.

Very similar case (except the DFs ofc, which are the difference between low confidence newby and low confidence experienced Roger :D )

Tiebreak100
03-25-2013, 10:11 PM
yes, it's pretty much a combo of Dimitrov starting full throttle and Andy taking his time to adjust, hence making some mistakes and playing a bit passive as well.

I believe that when Grigor starts being confident enough, the matches won't go up and down, rather flat and a few points will make the difference.

At this point we couldn't actually see a clash between both guys' top games. And this needs to take place from 4-4 up, which normally should result in a similar way still, coz Murray is still miles away physically, but hopefully Grigor will catch up soon enough.

The way those matches unwind is the exact same way as the WTF final between Roger and Djokovic.

Roger knows he can't handle a full match on medium/high pace and hopes to close the first set fast with all guns blazing.

Once he's stuck around closing it out and Djokovic's prime game comes up to slowly, but surely take it all away.

Very similar case (except the DFs ofc, which are the difference between low confidence newby and low confidence experienced Roger :D )

You make a lot of good and interesting points.

Johnny Groove
03-25-2013, 10:14 PM
Seems to be a trend here.

Serving for the set vs. Nole, but lost, then serving for the set here vs. Murray, but lost again.

At least he is getting into these positions. 4 DF last time, only 3 DF this time, improvement is coming. He is still insanely young, has so much time, and he will get there.

Time Violation
03-25-2013, 10:16 PM

It was the very first service game and not even a super important point or anything like that, and he only challenged after Dimitrov hit a clean winner, if that's not cheesy, not sure what is. Of course, it's all within the rules.

dinkulpus
03-25-2013, 10:17 PM
Again same Grigor. He hasn't got the psyhic to be big player ...

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

latso
03-25-2013, 10:18 PM
You are pretty deluded( you showed it multiple times btw ) if you think that Dimitrov's mentality would prevail against Nadal's fighting skills or Dimitrov's game would make Fed uncomfortable like it is making most other players till his dark mind doesn't make the battle unfair
Why putting words in my posts, which i never said? I never said it would prevail or not. I said that it is more the kind of how their day is (for both the opponents).

These 2 are legends and the pressure is much less. Grigor would fight against Roger even if he is 1-6 2-5 down, coz there's nothing in the World to lose, while against guys like Murray and Djokovic, who would let you play and would leave the match in your hands (you hit your winners all match long - you win. You show 1mm uncertainty - they win), it's a lot about your own game. Neither of Muzza or Nole would blow you off the court, while both Roger and Rafa on their day would.

That's the difference.

p.s. you telling anyone about "...multiple times...delusional..." is the joke of the year :lol:

rocketassist
03-25-2013, 10:19 PM
Federer used to be a choking uber-headcase pre-2003, so there's plenty of hope and optimism for fans of Grigor, whose game resembles Roger's.

latso
03-25-2013, 10:24 PM
It was the very first service game and not even a super important point or anything like that, and he only challenged after Dimitrov hit a clean winner, if that's not cheesy, not sure what is. Of course, it's all within the rules.
As a first, mainly the fact that it was in the first games makes it not so important i believe.

And in this particular case i thought it wasn't Murray playing mind games, rather being really uncertain about where the serve landed and the fact that Grigor hit this kind of return (which often happens when you think the ball is out and just hit it with your eyes closed) added to Murray's suspicion.

Grigor rarely goes for such returns and it was a trigger for Murray's suspicion, he probably expected an out call and that's why he challenged.

But it's no mind games here, not an attempt to screw around with your opponent, not this time i think :)

Allez
03-25-2013, 10:28 PM
Dimitrova is not ready for prime time. he's been playing like this for the last 3 years or so.

Murray not playing his best tennis at the moment. Post Aussie blues still evident in his game.

Time Violation
03-25-2013, 10:32 PM
Grigor rarely goes for such returns and it was a trigger for Murray's suspicion, he probably expected an out call and that's why he challenged.

But it's no mind games here, not an attempt to screw around with your opponent, not this time i think :)

Yea, perhaps, though the ball was full on the line, nowhere near out. Doesn't matter anyway.

samanosuke
03-25-2013, 10:33 PM
p.s. you telling anyone about "...multiple times...delusional..." is the joke of the year :lol:

don't mix up trolling and delusion, plenty of times when somebody is trolling doing that on purpose and delusion is when somebody blindly thinks in everything he says, when delusion takes control of somebody it becomes non aware trolling ( the worst kind of trolling ) . there are many types of delusion, and you are suffering from the worst one imo, one in which somebody thinks that he is game guru who understands the game but his posts have less credibility than yellow pages. still remember one of your the most brilliant posts about strength of era, agassi, etc ... they were so remarkable that at the beginning i thought you were trolling but it would have been the worst trolling ever so then i realized that you are losing it biggest time

Kiedis
03-25-2013, 10:37 PM
First match I watched in Miami. I'm still speechless.

Almagro level XVII this Bulgarian.

latso
03-25-2013, 10:38 PM
don't mix up trolling and delusion, plenty of times when somebody is trolling doing that on purpose and delusion is when somebody blindly thinks in everything he says, when delusion takes control of somebody it becomes non aware trolling ( the worst kind of trolling ) . there are many types of delusion, and you are suffering from the worst one imo, one in which somebody thinks that he is game guru who understands the game but his posts have less credibility than yellow pages. still remember one of your the most brilliant posts about strength of era, agassi, etc ... they were so remarkable that at the beginning i thought you were trolling but it would have been the worst trolling ever so then i realized that you are losing it biggest time
well, i'm done with the virtual fights about who's "rooster" is bigger.

I've written my thoughts and that's all. You're not supposed to agree.

Have a good one ;)

tumbak
03-25-2013, 11:33 PM
Dimitrov is sick, but his head will probably always drag him down.

Topspindoctor
03-25-2013, 11:56 PM
Seems to be a trend here.

Serving for the set vs. Nole, but lost, then serving for the set here vs. Murray, but lost again.

At least he is getting into these positions. 4 DF last time, only 3 DF this time, improvement is coming. He is still insanely young, has so much time, and he will get there.

A 21 year old outside top 30, with no ATP titles and 59-59 career record. Goat material right there :worship:

Johnny Groove
03-25-2013, 11:58 PM
A 21 year old outside top 30, with no ATP titles and 59-59 career record. Goat material right there :worship:

Federer lost in the first round in over HALF of his first 40 ATP events.

Topspindoctor
03-26-2013, 12:03 AM
Federer lost in the first round in over HALF of his first 40 ATP events.

Nose was solid top 10 when he was 21, which is Dimugtrov's age right now. I believe he also had a masters title by that age. If you are suggesting that Bulgarian is going to go on a tear and win few big titles and go deep in slams in the next year, then your comparison doesn't makes sense. Olderer was considered a late bloomer and he's still miles ahead of Dimugtrov who, according to MTF, is still a baby :facepalm:

janko05
03-26-2013, 12:04 AM

well, he's young, he's good looking and reminds us of Federer. what more do you want?

Roy Emerson
03-26-2013, 12:05 AM
Early 90s generation is hopeless.:o

Johnny Groove
03-26-2013, 12:16 AM
Nose was solid top 10 when he was 21, which is Dimugtrov's age right now. I believe he also had a masters title by that age. If you are suggesting that Bulgarian is going to go on a tear and win few big titles and go deep in slams in the next year, then your comparison doesn't makes sense. Olderer was considered a late bloomer and he's still miles ahead of Dimugtrov who, according to MTF, is still a baby :facepalm:

Enough with this age comparison. Everyone is different, not everyone will break through at he same age, especially in this era of guys peaking later in their 20's.

I'm not saying Dimitrov is going to go deep in slams next year, but I'm also not saying it can't happen. Dimitrov certainly has the game to claim at least 1 slam in his career.

Roy Emerson
03-26-2013, 12:22 AM
Enough with this age comparison. Everyone is different, not everyone will break through at he same age, especially in this era of guys peaking later in their 20's.

I'm not saying Dimitrov is going to go deep in slams next year, but I'm also not saying it can't happen. Dimitrov certainly has the game to claim at least 1 slam in his career.

When Djokovic and Murray are 30+ and finished.

Johnny Groove
03-26-2013, 12:26 AM

No, no, surely Dimitrov will win a slam before Djokovic/Murray turn 30. He had chances to beat them both this past 2 weeks :shrug:

bouncer7
03-26-2013, 12:27 AM
Dimitrov is hybrid of Federer, Troicki, Gasquet and Cilic.

Does he actaully has any fans? Any mazochists?:lol:

BroTree123
03-26-2013, 12:27 AM
NID that it would be deja vu :stupid:

GSMnadal
03-26-2013, 12:30 AM
No, no, surely Dimitrov will win a slam before Djokovic/Murray turn 30. He had chances to beat them both this past 2 weeks :shrug:

No, he had chances to grab a set. Imagine him having to close out a set not once, not twice, but three times. I don't see it happening unless he makes a major step forward. Djokovic and Murray (not even mentioning all the other threats) are also not the same guys in slams.

Lots of people have taken sets off them, lots of people have actually beaten them. How many have slams?

bouncer7
03-26-2013, 12:30 AM
wishful thinking, tipical fedtard

Murray and Djokovic in 30+ could concentrate only on Slams like Serena doing :p

janko05
03-26-2013, 12:35 AM

wow...hold your horses! he should of won those sets but matches would of been far from over still.
regarding that possible slam, he should be able to beat 2-3 of them in BO5 consecutively...sorry, ain't gonna happen!

Certinfy
03-26-2013, 12:51 AM
You know you're a mug when Murray playing at 20% takes a set off you.

But glad Andy won this in straights in the end. Seppi next is good but really needs to up his game if he wants to at least defend his points here.

Honestly
03-26-2013, 12:57 AM
:facepalm: Carbon copy of his match vs Djoker at IW. Clearly the potential is there but for now he is a certified choker.

ProdigyEng
03-26-2013, 12:59 AM
:facepalm: Carbon copy of his match vs Djoker at IW. Clearly the potential is there but for now he is a certified choker.

Maybe he needs to stop modelling himself around Fed.

Roy Emerson
03-26-2013, 01:07 AM
wishful thinking, tipical fedtard

Murray and Djokovic in 30+ could concentrate only on Slams like Serena doing :p

Serena has the best serve EVER in the history of the WTA. That is a huge asset(pun intended:)) to have. That super serve can help her win slams even when she is older. Murray and Djokovic don't have a serve like that to help them win slams when they are older.:p

Topspindoctor
03-26-2013, 01:18 AM
Serena has the best serve EVER in the history of the WTA. That is a huge asset(pun intended:)) to have. That super serve can help her win slams even when she is older. Murray and Djokovic don't have a serve like that to help them win slams when they are older.:p

According to Sapeod Mugray has an amazing serve so you are wrong there hater

Ashlar77
03-26-2013, 01:23 AM
Another classic Grisha meltdown/choke :fiery: :banghead:

n8
03-26-2013, 01:29 AM
1-18 versus top 10 (d. 7th ranked Berdych in R3 Miami last year).

Cereal Killer
03-26-2013, 01:30 AM

So have a couple of other players. Hence, GGL and Young even have wins over Murray, which means that when they had those chances they capitalised. Yet, you don't see them anywhere near the top 10, let alone as slam contenders.

Slade
03-26-2013, 02:05 AM
Dimitrov has so much potential; choking potential.

Three scenarios:

1. Murray crushes Dimitrov (60%)
2. Dimugtrov leads until he serves for the match and loses (15%)
3. Dimitrov plays well on unimportant points and mugs out on important points (25%)

3 it is.

UsD.AnDreS
03-26-2013, 02:32 AM
same old...deja vue..etc

But, this is something he will overcome with the first set he takes against those top 4 guys and from there on, once he knows he can do it - he just will.

He needed to be just slightly lucky at those couple of set points he had returning at 5-2 and the match would have been really wide open, unfortunately those guys have some reserve, which they use in such moments and it's hard to finish them.

The last 4 games of the match gave me some food for optimism, as he finished uphill, fighting for this break, yet this reserve of aces and solid shots comes always handy for the champs.

I'm not worried, i'm even almost cool with it all. That's just the inevitable way.

I completely get what you're saying, but a funny fact - Dimitrov has already won a set against a top4 guy. But it happened 4 years ago if I am not mistaken(Nadal at Rotterdam). Kind of speaks some volumes about his progress throughout last 4
years ;)

madmax
03-26-2013, 03:18 AM
since when coming close to winning a set off flat and passive Mugray means you are destined to win slams in the future?:haha:
Dimugtrov stans are really a desperate bunch, aren't they?

Dark Knight
03-26-2013, 03:30 AM
This guy makes the biggest chokers look like mental giants.

4 DFs against Djoko and 3 against Muzza in the most crucial part of the sets. Simply Pathetic. :facepalm:

dencod16
03-26-2013, 03:37 AM
at least it;s not 4, the number of doubles faults are going down. Though his choking is in another level. 2nd tournament in a row he has done this.

dencod16
03-26-2013, 03:41 AM
Maybe he needs to stop modelling himself around Fed.

LOl you are like a year to late, his game more resembles Gasquet's game than Federer's.

MrPlateperson
03-26-2013, 03:45 AM
I see a mental institute for this mug in the future. I can understand falling cripple against nole, but mugray? Dimitrov must have serious mental problems.

delboy
03-26-2013, 03:58 AM
Dimitrov talented?! give me a break...muzza has more talent in one of his fingers. how in the world some of you can legitimately say guys like dimitrov and tomic have more talent is beyond me. If these guys are more talented than muzza then they are definitely more talented than Nole (for example). Muzza is incredibly talented don't let your hate for the guy convince you otherwise. Even Ferru rapes these tools and he is a much better player as well.

Kyle_Johansen
03-26-2013, 04:28 AM
Anyone who doesn't think Dimitrov is uber talented has a few screws loose.

Topspindoctor
03-26-2013, 04:39 AM
Anyone who doesn't think Dimitrov is uber talented has a few screws loose.

:rolleyes: talented players tend to have decent results, Dimugtrov's ATP debut has been embarrassing

cutesteve22
03-26-2013, 04:52 AM
Good for tennis!

bouncer7
03-26-2013, 07:25 AM

again fail. djokovic and murray movement in declining will be still better than upcoming playstation generations raised on gmo food. Most of players has better serve in late stage of career, it comes with experience, if you has watched tennis these days you would see improvements in their serves. In some matches they are serve bots.

Just ask yourself one question. 6 years ago 99% people here already has known that fed is going to be Murray, Djoko and Nadal pigeon in the coming years. Now are you sure, who will pigeoning them to 2019. Be brave and tell us some names.

latso
03-26-2013, 07:43 AM
Thread saved.

Will be rubbed in many noses rather sooner than later.

Tomic is the goat for losing 3 and 1, Dimitrov is untalented for not serving the set out...

just lol

indianabones
03-26-2013, 08:26 AM
I think he's ruined himself Dimitov. I think everyone will remember his 2 "chokes" and even in 3 years time no matter what he's accomplished by then, people will always refer to his bad serving at key moments in a match.

Of all the young generation he is the one who appears to have the most weapons. Tomic doesn't seem like a future GS winner to me. Tennis will lose out if he the younger generation continue to capitulate so badly vs the current top batch. I'm pretty sure even Hewitt and Fed were often more than worried when facing up to Novak, Andy, Rafa in their younger days. But you simply do not get that feeling with the current crop.

Dimitrov played some sumptuous tennis yesterday and at IW a couple of weeks ago, so someone need to slap some sense into him before it's too late. He also needs to get an appointment to specsavers booked in, no idea what he sees in Sharapova, if they are an item that is.

ossie
03-26-2013, 08:50 AM
You only need to know two things about dimugtrov really. He has a single handed backhand and he is not federer. No further explanation needed for this result.

TigerTim
03-26-2013, 09:29 AM
You only need to know two things about dimugtrov really. He has a single handed backhand and he is not federer. No further explanation needed for this result.

very true i'm afraid

Hypnotize
03-26-2013, 09:53 AM
I think he's ruined himself Dimitov. I think everyone will remember his 2 "chokes" and even in 3 years time no matter what he's accomplished by then, people will always refer to his bad serving at key moments in a match.

I don't understand this point. If Grigor goes on to achieve great things why would anyone focus on two matches where he served badly at key moments? The great thing about tennis is that if you do well, you get to put bad matches behind you. Djokovic could barely serve for a year and everyone was talking about it. Once he started winning, it was only mentioned when commentators were talking about the improvements he had made in his game. The same thing will happen when Grigor fixes his nerves. As long as he can do that, this will only help him as fans always relate to young players who overcome these kind of issues. If anything, it makes him more likeable.

Hypnotize
03-26-2013, 09:55 AM
since when coming close to winning a set off flat and passive Mugray means you are destined to win slams in the future?:haha:
Dimugtrov stans are really a desperate bunch, aren't they?
The thought of madmug calling anyone else "desperate" is really quite amusing. :lol:

70-68
03-26-2013, 09:59 AM
Nose was solid top 10 when he was 21, which is Dimugtrov's age right now. I believe he also had a masters title by that age.

Actually Federer was just 2 weeks away from his first Wimbledon title at Dimitrov's current age. Federer won it before he turned 22, Dimitrov will be 22 in less than 2 months.

StevieMardenboro
03-26-2013, 10:36 AM
Good for the game.

I would have thought a Federer fan would be hoping for a world class young twenty something to emerge . . otherwise Nadal and Djok are going to be eating away at your man's record for a long time.

ProdigyEng
03-26-2013, 10:46 AM
I would have thought a Federer fan would be hoping for a world class young twenty something to emerge . . otherwise Nadal and Djok are going to be eating away at your man's record for a long time.

He became a Murraytard after the US Open.

ogbg
03-26-2013, 12:13 PM
I seriously doubt it. In three years time he will have either gone on to better things or he will have gone on to produce even worse chokes that are more recent in their memory. Either way I doubt they'll be mentioning these 2 matches much.

Time Violation
03-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Tomic is the goat for losing 3 and 1

Tomic is not a goat in any shape or form

Corey Feldman
03-26-2013, 01:10 PM
always great to see hataz like topspin losing their minds when Murray is winning matches :sport:

rubbERR
03-26-2013, 01:38 PM
Doublefaulting 3 times when serving for it just like he did against Djoker, brilliant player. :lol:

latso
03-26-2013, 01:42 PM
Actually Federer was just 2 weeks away from his first Wimbledon title at Dimitrov's current age. Federer won it before he turned 22, Dimitrov will be 22 in less than 2 months.
If Dimitrov wins it at 24 he's a complete mug

Anything after 22 is like unacceptable :lol:

age doesn't really matter, especially when the guy is top 35 at 21 he has all the time in the world. He's making a living out of tennis and has nothing to do but train and improve, so either he will follow a Cilic type of career, or maybe his own pattern, which could include from multiple GS tittles, to not even one semi.

Who knows

70-68
03-26-2013, 02:50 PM
If Dimitrov wins it at 24 he's a complete mug

Anything after 22 is like unacceptable :lol:

age doesn't really matter, especially when the guy is top 35 at 21 he has all the time in the world. He's making a living out of tennis and has nothing to do but train and improve, so either he will follow a Cilic type of career, or maybe his own pattern, which could include from multiple GS tittles, to not even one semi.

Who knows

OK calm down, I just corrected topspindoc ;)

I actually support Dimitrov, and I like Tomic as well. I just don't understand why does it take so long for this generation to break through. But yeah, let's wait and see.

Sham Kay
03-26-2013, 03:13 PM
Reminds me of a couple of threads about young Federer I used to lurk in around 2002/early 2003. Loads of criticism, loads of naysaying from naysayers (although MTF was more polite with the criticism back then, but that's another story entirely), saying he has a long way to go and that he is getting older. Fast forward 10 years, here we have Dimitrov at a similar age receiving a similar level of criticism. Depending on what he does in the future, that comparison with Fed might not be so far-fetched.

Personally, he hasn't set off my Donald Young-dar yet.

paseo
03-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Murray giving reality checks to these youngsters once again.

Too good, this Murray.

tennis elbow
03-26-2013, 03:38 PM
for the all so called similarities between their games, it will be a high task for Grigor to replicate even 1/10th of Federer's achievements... he is a nice player, no doubt, but compared to Federer he has atrocious foot work, a lack of anticipation and cannot read the opponent's serve well... Murray was in his unfortunately more than usual pushing mode, Dimitrov had actually more winners, but his serve clicked when needed and he has a keen understanding of his opponent's strengths and weaknesses, something that Grigor still lacks... Murray exploited Grigor's backhand inconsistency very well, often changing the pace of the ball, a low bouncing slice followed by a heavy bouncing top spin would usually draw the error from Dimitrov... Grigor had the second serve working surprisingly well, but inexperienced in big stages as he is, he tried to go for flash and more flash under the crowded spotlight and got burned in the end...

Whiznot
03-26-2013, 03:43 PM
Ah, the brainless young. Put this clown on suicide watch.

Ivelina_P
03-26-2013, 04:10 PM
Grigor plays extremely attractive,fierce on the edge of brainless,I must agree here.
I see him becoming the most entertaining member of the top 10 in a year or two.

latso
03-26-2013, 04:15 PM
OK calm down, I just corrected topspindoc ;)

I actually support Dimitrov, and I like Tomic as well. I just don't understand why does it take so long for this generation to break through. But yeah, let's wait and see.
wasn't arguing with you :)

BTW, we need to define "break through", coz the way i see it, being in the top 32, being seeded at Masters is already a break through, it's the cream of World's tennis.

Then, if we want him to win slams, there's no age limit i believe, he could do it at 23 or 28, it's still a slam.

For the guys expecting him being a top 10 at 21 and a multislam winner - they can get some bashing, but neither him, nor the big majority of his fans ever claimed anything like that.

My personal claim was for a top 30 ending of this season, which seem to be very feasible.

Now i would predict a top 20 by the end of the year as a minimum, but we'll see

70-68
03-26-2013, 04:52 PM
wasn't arguing with you :)

BTW, we need to define "break through", coz the way i see it, being in the top 32, being seeded at Masters is already a break through, it's the cream of World's tennis.

Then, if we want him to win slams, there's no age limit i believe, he could do it at 23 or 28, it's still a slam.

For the guys expecting him being a top 10 at 21 and a multislam winner - they can get some bashing, but neither him, nor the big majority of his fans ever claimed anything like that.

My personal claim was for a top 30 ending of this season, which seem to be very feasible.

Now i would predict a top 20 by the end of the year as a minimum, but we'll see

Well, people are expecting more from these youngsters, because they are currently the best 20-23 year olds, and the best U23 players had always been doing better than this generation :shrug: But for several reasons, it takes longer for them to join the Top 10. It's kinda sad that Delpo Nole and Murray are the youngest members of the Top 10, and they are almost 25/26 :tape:

bouncer7
03-26-2013, 05:18 PM
Well, people are expecting more from these youngsters, because they are currently the best 20-23 year olds, and the best U23 players had always been doing better than this generation :shrug: But for several reasons, it takes longer for them to join the Top 10. It's kinda sad that Delpo Nole and Murray are the youngest members of the Top 10, and they are almost 25/26 :tape:
Sad years for fedtards. :)
It will take few years in trying to resist the pain after they ll finally give up and switch to MTV or FashionTV.

Sombrerero loco
03-26-2013, 05:20 PM
dimitrov is a huge waster. could have won the first set 6-1 or 6-2. he lost in straight sets :facepalm:

70-68
03-26-2013, 05:38 PM
Sad years for fedtards. :)
It will take few years in trying to resist the pain after they ll finally give up and switch to MTV or FashionTV.

Yeah, sad years for Fed tards, when the old man doesn't have to deal with another upcoming young generation.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

It has nothing to do with Federer anyway. It's just generally not good for tennis if there are no players under 24 in the Top 10.

BackhandDTL
03-26-2013, 06:03 PM
Great win for The Professor. It's a shame Janowicz didn't make it as far so he can keep up his classes. But Professor Murray, while demanding, is an understanding guy, and I'm sure he will send Jan the lecture slides and school him another day.

ProdigyEng
03-26-2013, 06:18 PM
Great win for The Professor. It's a shame Janowicz didn't make it as far so he can keep up his classes. But Professor Murray, while demanding, is an understanding guy, and I'm sure he will send Jan the lecture slides and school him another day.

Love it.

ossie
03-26-2013, 07:04 PM
Apart from the choke and second set, dimitrov played a great match. It's nothing more than inexperience that lost him the match imo. Give him some more time to mature and he will win these matches with relative ease. I know murray/djoker/nadal were ahead in terms of achievements at his age but they were not the players they are now and also they are a special group of players in their own right.