Miami R3: [8]Richard Gasquet def. [28]Mikhail Youzhny 6-3 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Miami R3: [8]Richard Gasquet def. [28]Mikhail Youzhny 6-3 6-4

Pratik
03-25-2013, 05:41 PM
Gasquet was off to yet another slow start. Saved a couple of break points at 2-2, broke in the next game and then served out easily for the first set.

A couple of great points by Richie in the first game of the second set to break to love. Gasquet won 17/20 points in wining the first set and going up 3-0 in the second with two breaks. Youzhny stepped it up and Richie went AWOL for a while, leading to Youzhny wining 11/12 points, getting the score back to 3-3. Richie wasted 5 break points in the next game including a 0-40, thus losing four games ina row. But, Richie won the next 3 games easily for the match, with a few great shots to break(and a DF from Youzhny on break point).

Next up Almagro or Goffin. Great chance to reach QF here but he needs to be more consistent than he was in this match. If he reaches one round better than Tipsarevic, he will become #9.

champras
03-25-2013, 05:42 PM
Mr. Bloody Forehead vs Mr. Bloody Nose - always fun to watch these two crazy one handed BH guys, especially here in Miami ;)
Nice try from Misha to come back and win the second set, but still result was NID.
Nothing new under the sun for the Captain, terrific backhand and racket smashing.

Federer in 2
03-25-2013, 05:43 PM
Great match.

Newcomer
03-25-2013, 05:45 PM
My eyeees, my eyess,someone help me, plz. :help:
I'm eyeless now.
How can somebody call that tennis? Mother of God...How bad was that :facepalm:

SVK
03-25-2013, 05:45 PM
one handed BH

Youzhny hit multiple times two handed backhand, or something what looked like that, it was very weird looking. Since when he is doing that? I don´t remember him hitting that shot, or at least not that many times to notice it till now.

Pratik
03-25-2013, 05:47 PM
The sky sports commentators just said that this win was more convincing than the previous one against Rochus.
:spit: :lol:

Naudio Spanlatine
03-25-2013, 05:52 PM
:hysteric:

And i had the nerve to put 2-1 for gasquet. :hysteric:

SVK
03-25-2013, 05:53 PM
My eyeees, my eyess,someone help me, plz. :help:
I'm eyeless now.
How can somebody call that tennis? Mother of God...How bad was that :facepalm:

:confused: I was watching millions of worse matches than this.

Also, I saw some people calling Gasquet a pusher, what I really don´t understand. I wouldn´t call him that way. I actually have no idea how to label him. Sure, this guy has passages in the match when he turns into defensive mode, but he also can dictate rallies. Some kind of hybrid counterpuncher more like a pusher.

Mae
03-25-2013, 05:56 PM
Allez Richie :D

EnriqueIG8
03-25-2013, 06:01 PM
Massive collapse from Gasquet in the second, got it back together in the end.

Newcomer
03-25-2013, 06:05 PM
:confused: I was watching millions of worse matches than this.

Also, I saw some people calling Gasquet a pusher, what I really don´t understand. I wouldn´t call him that way. I actually have no idea how to label him. Sure, this guy has passages in the match when he turns into defensive mode, but he also can dictate rallies. Some kind of hybrid counterpuncher more like a pusher.

For me, he is a classic pusher. He always meets ball at low point of trajectory, uses overspinned shots, can't play flatly, when he accelerates power it's always an error, 90% of shots are cross courts, only some counterBH DTL. Look at his return :facepalm:
Pusher=Gasquet, for me. Sorry, but it's my vision of his game. Maybe, someone enjoy it and find it interesting. But not me.

yuri27
03-25-2013, 06:10 PM
For me, he is a classic pusher. He always meets ball at low point of trajectory, uses overspinned shots, can't play flatly, when he accelerates power it's always an error, 90% of shots are cross courts, only some counterBH DTL. Look at his return :facepalm:
Pusher=Gasquet, for me. Sorry, but it's my vision of his game. Maybe, someone enjoy it and find it interesting. But not me.

HUm even with his BH??

avb
03-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Great that Gasquet won, but that wasn't the most exciting match i've ever seen.

Pratik
03-25-2013, 06:18 PM

You clearly are a newcomer. Can't take anything you say seriously after reading that.

Newcomer
03-25-2013, 06:21 PM
HUm even with his BH??

No, he able to produce some great shots from left wing no doubt. But basically, his baseline game is powerless. And that FH swing...:confused: If he could make shots like Chardy from FH , it will be OK. I don't understand why he uses that swing and still create power like Wozniacki.

Min son
03-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Allez Richie! Almagro will beat him though.

cutesteve22
03-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Misha.:sad:

Sanya
03-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Great result. I`m still angry about loss to Misha in Australia, that`s why every his victory over Youzhny makes my day. Though I like Misha, but that AO-10. :fiery:

MuzzahLovah
03-25-2013, 06:40 PM
Equal parts stunning tennis and inexplicable errors. Entertaining match.

Pratik
03-25-2013, 06:46 PM
Great result. I`m still angry about loss to Misha in Australia, that`s why every his victory over Youzhny makes my day. Though I like Misha, but that AO-10. :fiery:

h2h 4-4 now. 3-1 to Richie since that match, the only loss coming by retirement.

Puschkin
03-25-2013, 07:05 PM
For me, he is a classic pusher. He always meets ball at low point of trajectory, uses overspinned shots, can't play flatly, when he accelerates power it's always an error,
:facepalm: Yep, indeed, the BH of Richard is a powerless shot.

derstatic
03-25-2013, 07:17 PM
Was afraid Richie had gone into Chennai mode after losing the lead in the 2nd set. Youzh starts his by kind of two handed but the hit is clearly one handed. Saw someone comment on this before. Gasquet playing... well that's Lind of hard to categorize. Massive top spin almost moonballing at times, but then suddenly hits stunning by winners, wide angled forehands and great volleys. Kind of does it all, but never anything consistently. Needs a better serve and toughen up mentally and he cold be a stable top 6-8 player. Not far off that I know but its a big step to get there and stay.

born_on_clay
03-25-2013, 07:26 PM
good win Richie :yeah:

MariaV
03-26-2013, 10:41 AM
Wasn't an excellent match but to watch some Richie is always fun for me. :D

:spit: :haha: :superlol: @ the BH stuff here. LOL I can't stop laughing. :haha: :superlol:

Topspindoctor
03-26-2013, 10:47 AM
Mughail Youzhless must have played at 5% to lose to a mug like Gascoke

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)