Miami R3: Ferrer def. Fognini 6-1 7-5 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Miami R3: Ferrer def. Fognini 6-1 7-5

Chris Kuerten
03-24-2013, 04:25 PM
The Fog's nonchalance in the first set gave me goosebumps, new levels were reached :hearts:

I actually laughed out loud when they showed a slow motion replay of his footwork after an approach shot, modern art. Unfortunately Ferrer was just as awful, which made it an ugly match to watch, although the wind also played a big part in that.

pusher for life
03-24-2013, 04:25 PM
More talented player lost.

Fabio was never totally focused throughout the match and he paid for it.

Hopefully, Nishikori will crush this pushing vulture.

Abel
03-24-2013, 04:26 PM
I feel like Fognini plays the same exact match every time he goes out there.

Get bagel'd/breadsticked --> start trying --> have 10mins where you don't find the court --> hit a few 99mph winners --> lose.

emotion
03-24-2013, 04:27 PM
Ferrer is not good at all this year
Fognini is Fognini, a problem that has plagued him all his career

bouncer7
03-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Another day at office for real #2

asmazif
03-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Ferrer served well in the 10th game of the second, but The Fog's complete lack of any semblance of returning has to be witnessed.

Dark Knight
03-24-2013, 04:32 PM
Though he won in straights Ferrer wasn't playing too well. Gotta get his 2012 form back.

Pirata.
03-24-2013, 04:34 PM
David not playing his best.

redshift36188
03-24-2013, 04:46 PM
He's probably burned out from years of grinding tennis, serves him well.

Orka_n
03-24-2013, 04:49 PM
He's probably burned out from years of grinding tennis, serves him well.Careful, you're close to wishing injury here.

A win is a win.

sammy01
03-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Utterly horrible match to watch. Ferrer seemed extra annoying and his grunt extra loud today and Fognini's attitude was shit. Add in wind and let's all just forget this match happened.

redshift36188
03-24-2013, 05:12 PM
Careful, you're close to wishing injury here.

Not at all, just saying it's only natural to get burned out from playing the type of tennis Ferrer does.

Topspindoctor
03-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Yuck. This mediocre player will overtake Nadal this week in rankings? Disgusting news for the sport.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Chris Kuerten
03-24-2013, 05:19 PM
Yuck. This mediocre player will overtake Nadal this week in rankings? Disgusting news for the sport.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)Nadal is the real #1, so why would you care about rankings?

Nadal being #5 is good news, that way he can trash Federer in the QF of Roland Garros.

Topspindoctor
03-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Nadal is the real #1, so why would you care about rankings?

Nadal being #5 is good news, that way he can trash Federer in the QF of Roland Garros.

I really don't care, but annoying to see Ferrer with undeserved ranking over a vastly superior player. He is hanging around like bad odour of a dead rodent you can't seem to find under the kitchen sink

Lleyton_
03-24-2013, 05:24 PM

Finally some excitement. Nadal at no.5 is great news for the sport.

Chris Kuerten
03-24-2013, 05:24 PM
I really don't care, but annoying to see Ferrer with undeserved ranking over a vastly superior player. He is hanging around like bad odour of a dead rodent you can't seem to find under the kitchen sink

Literally everybody knows Ferrer is the number 5 in reality, the rankings are an irrelevant detail :shrug:

Mark Lenders
03-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Literally everybody knows Ferrer is the number 5 in reality, the rankings are an irrelevant detail :shrug:

:superlol:

I thought we had gone over this, Ferrer isn't part of the real top 7.

Chris Kuerten
03-24-2013, 05:30 PM
:superlol:

I thought we had gone over this, Ferrer isn't part of the real top 7.Kamke is the real number 5 :rocker2:

Mark Lenders
03-24-2013, 05:35 PM
Kamke is the real number 5 :rocker2:

Nah, that's between Anderson, Istomin and Benneteau.

Jverweij
03-24-2013, 06:26 PM

:haha::haha:

bouncer7
03-24-2013, 07:59 PM
Where had been Nadal while Ferrer was peaking during the Indoor season(3 titles in row in 3 weeks, Nadal could achieve only on clay)

Ferrer is one of the reasons why Nadal's pause takes so long. Nonfit Nadal has 0% chance to beat Ferrer on indoor and outdoor hardcourt.

This is reason why fedmug misses clay season too. Just to save his h2h from the past when Ferrer was useless mug.

hipolymer
03-24-2013, 08:02 PM
Djokovic lost a set to Godnini, while Ferrer straight setted him. I guess that makes him GOAT?

sexybeast
03-24-2013, 08:31 PM
Nadal is the real #1, so why would you care about rankings?

As Federer got no chanse to win RG anyway at 32, I hardly think this is something to worry Federer at night. I imagine the only possible way Federer would win RG is if Djokovic and Nadal got a 6 hour marathon sometime before the final, I even think Federer needs to avoid Del Potro and Berdych to have any chanse at his current age.

Something like Tsonga-Ferrer-Murray would be the one and only path to a miracle win in RG.

redshift36188
03-24-2013, 08:31 PM
Where had been Nadal while Ferrer was peaking during the Indoor season(3 titles in row in 3 weeks, Nadal could achieve only on clay)

Ferrer is one of the reasons why Nadal's pause takes so long. Nonfit Nadal has 0% chance to beat Ferrer on indoor and outdoor hardcourt.

This is reason why fedmug misses clay season too. Just to save his h2h from the past when Ferrer was useless mug.
Have been wondering the same. Mighty David - The Nemesis of Fedal. :worship:

Sombrerero loco
03-24-2013, 09:09 PM
NID. vamos ferru

Mae
03-24-2013, 09:11 PM
David :D

born_on_clay
03-24-2013, 10:01 PM
great job David ! :yeah:

The Prince
03-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Fog gets swept away by wind, obviously.

BroTree123
03-25-2013, 06:11 AM

It's about time seeing your hate for Ferrer again after like 2 years. I was beginning to get worried when you once said that he's a deserving, successful player in this strong era :o

Sauletekis
03-25-2013, 06:24 AM

well, at least TSD can be a fun troller, from time to time...

This post is just too sad...

dencod16
03-25-2013, 06:29 AM
People saying it was shit, well that is what the wind does to a match, if you guys haven't figured it out yet. Fognini was bothered by the wind more than Ferrer.