Delpo thinks Muzza can be number 1 this year [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Delpo thinks Muzza can be number 1 this year

delboy
03-24-2013, 03:14 AM
Smart guy this delpo.

Indian Wells runner-up Juan Martin del Potro believes Britain's Andy Murray can become world tennis number one this year.

The towering Argentine beat Murray in the quarter-finals last week on the California hard courts and is looking forward to locking horns with him on grass after confirming he will play at the Aegon Championships at London's Queen's Club two weeks before Wimbledon.

"Murray is a big champion, he already won a grand slam, he made the finals in Australia and he has everything he needs to be at the top in the future," Del Potro said in a statement.

"He will be fighting for the world number-one place this year and he can take a big opportunity in the grass season."

This year's Queen's Club field promises to be strong, with Wimbledon runner-up Murray joined by former U.S. Open champion del Potro and Tomas Berdych at the event starting on June 10.

Del Potro, who has taken a while to get used to playing on the low-bouncing grasscourts, was a bronze medalist at the Olympics staged at Wimbledon last year, and believes he could challenge for the Wimbledon title.

"I have a fantastic memory from last year when I won the bronze medal at the Olympics," he said.

"It was a magnificent experience for me. I had never played at an Olympics before so it was a big moment for me and my country. To win on grass at Wimbledon as well made it an even bigger moment.

"I think that if I play my best tennis I have a chance to win a grand slam on grass, but it will be very difficult."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/19/us-tennis-delpotro-queens-idUSBRE92I0IG20130319

Kyle_Johansen
03-24-2013, 03:14 AM
He will be at some point, but not sure about this year.

SheepleBuster
03-24-2013, 03:23 AM
Has gotten hit in the head with too many balls ... Not this year. Maybe if Nole has some sort of dip in form and loses a slam early. Nadal will surpass Murray soon though.

Topspindoctor
03-24-2013, 03:25 AM
:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Saberq
03-24-2013, 03:28 AM
I wouldn't listen to Delpo he is always in pain because of his wrist.....doesnt allow him to think straight

MuzzahLovah
03-24-2013, 04:09 AM
From Juan's lips to god's ears.

Dark Knight
03-24-2013, 04:33 AM
I don't think so. He might get to No. 2 if he plays well.

SerialKillerToBe
03-24-2013, 04:34 AM
Murray will never be number 1. He is dreadful during the clay season.

br.w
03-24-2013, 04:40 AM
I believe he'll get to nº2 this year

but to be on top it's gonna need an extra effort, especially on clay season

redshift36188
03-24-2013, 04:45 AM
Yeh, doubt he can get to number 1 this year, specially with Nadal back in form.

This year's Queen's Club field promises to be strong, with Wimbledon runner-up Murray joined by former U.S. Open champion del Potro and Tomas Berdych at the event starting on June 10.
Tsonga is not going?

Wonder if he decided to deny Ferru from vulturing Hertogenbosch.

Dark Knight
03-24-2013, 04:50 AM
Mugray has as much chance to become number one as Olderer having a nose job or sharapova stopping her screaming :superlol:

or Nadal having a hair transplant. :haha:

Kyle_Johansen
03-24-2013, 04:57 AM
He needs to have better results on the clay if he wants to get #1. Anyways, I highly doubt he gets it this year with Djokovic and Rafa there and he has a Wimbledon final, USO win, and Shanghai final to defend.

rocketassist
03-24-2013, 05:02 AM
He needs to have better results on the clay if he wants to get #1. Anyways, I highly doubt he gets it this year with Djokovic and Rafa there and he has a Wimbledon final, USO win, and Shanghai final to defend.

He'll be quite confident of going one better at Wimbledon I'd imagine. The biggest obstacle for him there will be Nadal who is almost unbeatable on 'second week mud'- he has only been beaten once since 2007 at the business end of the tournament.

3DGNumberOneFan
03-24-2013, 05:15 AM
:haha: :haha:

If Murray ever becomes number one, Tennis is really and truly dead.

Kyle_Johansen
03-24-2013, 05:16 AM
He'll be quite confident of going one better at Wimbledon I'd imagine. The biggest obstacle for him there will be Nadal who is almost unbeatable on 'second week mud'- he has only been beaten once since 2007 at the business end of the tournament.

He could have a hard time beating Federer too if the Swiss is back to his better self by then.

SheepleBuster
03-24-2013, 05:49 AM
So I am just curious. Why do the media keep asking Del Po about Murray when Nole is #1, and Rafa is clearly better than Murray head to head? I am just curious. What the heck would you ask that question?

Nole Rules
03-24-2013, 05:53 AM
Of course he can. I don't see what's wrong with what Delpo said.

paseo
03-24-2013, 06:03 AM
So I am just curious. Why do the media keep asking Del Po about Murray when Nole is #1, and Rafa is clearly better than Murray head to head? I am just curious. What the heck would you ask that question?

Because Murray is the future.

Cereal Killer
03-24-2013, 06:10 AM
I doubt it's going to happen this year, if ever.

Yeah, what are British journalists thinking.

bouncer7
03-24-2013, 06:46 AM
He is bigger tard than hardcore Murray tards.

Alex999
03-24-2013, 06:56 AM
DP just trying to be nice I guess. Thank God he has good manners and a great personality. Murray is not getting anywhere near #1 this year. Nadal is a better candidate IMHO to dethrone Nole although I don't think that's happening either.

DP needs to improve his match skills btw (counting points etc ;)

MIMIC
03-24-2013, 07:04 AM
Del Potro shall be held accountable when it doesn't happen

swisht4u
03-24-2013, 07:30 AM
Del Potro can see Nadal's level hasn't been very high since he got back and may not get much better.

So that would leave Murray as having a chance at #1.

Nadal's #1 days are probably over unless he gets his game going again but that's doubtful this year.

Sri
03-24-2013, 07:56 AM
Of course he has a chance. Tonnes of points to pink up on the clay, has been really consistent on all the other slams.

That being said, Nole is the fav.

PorkBarrel
03-24-2013, 08:03 AM
He could be #1 this year, although it's unlikely. A lot of scenarios have to play out for this to happen (Rafa landing in Nole's quarter at the FO being the main one).

I'll be happy if he's within 2000 points come the end of 2013.

Topspindoctor
03-24-2013, 08:09 AM
Of course he has a chance. Tonnes of points to pink up on the clay, has been really consistent on all the other slams.

That being said, Nole is the fav.

Yeah as if a clay mug like Mandy can pick up clay points :rolleyes:

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Ben D.
03-24-2013, 08:48 AM
no, Nadal and Djokovic are too good for him.

BackhandDTL
03-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Seems legit. :yeah:

Classy, humble, and intelligent, even?

More and more reasons to like this Del Po fella. :worship:

henke007
03-24-2013, 10:01 AM
:facepalm:

Andi-M
03-24-2013, 10:22 AM
:hearts: Delpo

In all reality this is not the 90's where you can suck on one surface and still be world no 1.

You need to be excellent on all surfaces now, and Murray is not yet proven on clay..I personally think he'll get there but until then no 2 only.

Sombrerero loco
03-24-2013, 10:43 AM
not this year i think...

zcess81
03-24-2013, 10:51 AM
With Nadal and Djokovic around, that will be very, very difficult to achieve (nearly impossible this year imo), because they are consistent throughout the season and they get big chunk of points during clay season, which we all know is Murray's weakest surface.

born_on_clay
03-24-2013, 11:34 AM
I hope he is wrong this time

Abel
03-24-2013, 12:37 PM
Would be a very sad day for tennis.

The Prince
03-24-2013, 12:40 PM
Would be a very sad day for tennis.

How many boxes of tissues would you go through?

Abel
03-24-2013, 12:42 PM
How many boxes of tissues would you go through?

Well, it depends on the circumstances really. It's not impossible that Nadal and Nole are both injured for a reasonable amount of time simultaneously. In which case it'd be expected that Murray makes #1.

It'd hard to be upset about that. An asterisked #1 would go nicely with the asterisked slam.

TigerTim
03-24-2013, 04:49 PM
he has a QF-QF-nothing-QF-QF-nothing (Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Madrid, Rome, FO, Queens) to defend between Miami and Wimbledon, good opportunity, but no.2 is probably out of reach. then again he has nothing-r3 (Canada, Cinci) to defend in the american masters so by the USO he could get close.

Looner
03-24-2013, 04:51 PM
A chance he has. 0.01% chance that is.

A_Skywalker
03-24-2013, 04:52 PM
He can't. Not with this attitude. He plays well only at GS.

philosophicalarf
03-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Unlikely - he's not doing enough in the masters. In the past was winning two of them a year, but hasn't taken one since 2011. Djoko may not be cleaning up the slams as per 2011, but he's murdering the rest of the tournaments.

If Murray wins Wimbledon then there's a chance, but even then it's only a chance.

zcess81
03-24-2013, 05:03 PM
Unlikely - he's not doing enough in the masters. In the past was winning two of them a year, but hasn't taken one since 2011. Djoko may not be cleaning up the slams as per 2011, but he's murdering the rest of the tournaments.

If Murray wins Wimbledon then there's a chance, but even then it's only a chance.

Considering that Murray is defending Wimbledon final, I'd say that his chances are close to zero, even if he wins Wimbledon. Now, if he wins the French Open, then he has a chance. Realistically speaking, his chances are not that great this year. He's defending USO as well, whereas Nadal is defending nothing after the French Open. Murray will be fighting with both Novak, who is so many points ahead, and Rafa, who could gain so many points and take no.2 spot from Murray. Murray will have to wait for 2014 imo to get a shot at no.1 ranking.

My personal opinion is, he won't be getting to no.1 unless he DRASTICALLY improves on clay. You cannot be no.1 right now by being good only on grass/hard. You have to be consistently good on ALL surfaces.

Dark Knight
03-24-2013, 05:07 PM
Considering that Murray is defending Wimbledon final, I'd say that his chances are close to zero, even if he wins Wimbledon. Now, if he wins the French Open, then he has a chance. Realistically speaking, his chances are not that great this year. He's defending USO as well, whereas Nadal is defending nothing after the French Open. Murray will be fighting with both Novak, who is so many points ahead, and Rafa, who could gain so many points and take no.2 spot from Murray. Murray will have to wait for 2014 imo to get a shot at no.1 ranking.

My personal opinion is, he won't be getting to no.1 unless he DRASTICALLY improves on clay. You cannot be no.1 right now by being good only on grass/hard. You have to be consistently good on ALL surfaces.

This.

MichaelKrep
03-24-2013, 05:18 PM
No way it happens this year. Djoko has a lot of points to defend, but he also has quite a lead built up. Murray is quite unlucky to be the same age as Djokovic and I still think it's up for debate whether he will ever manage to be number 1.

Time Violation
03-24-2013, 05:19 PM
Now that Nadal is back I don't see it really, at least not this year. Murray is already behind Nadal in the race and after clay and grass season that gap is only likely to increase, unless Nadal's condition gets worse again.

Murray would have to have clay results at least like Djokovic last year and then to tear it up during grass and US hard courts, not impossible, but from this standpoint doesn't seem very likely.

nole_no1
03-24-2013, 05:31 PM
:lol: Good one Delpo

70-68
03-24-2013, 05:32 PM
His problem is not only clay, he is losing a huge amount of points at the HC Masters as well. He probably wouldn't be No.1 even if he wins Wimbledon, defends USO, and wins WTF as well. He will need to do well consistently at almost every big tournament.

Saberq
03-24-2013, 05:34 PM
His problem is not only clay, he is losing a huge amount of points at the HC Masters as well. He probably wouldn't be No.1 even if he wins Wimbledon, defends USO, and wins WTF as well. He will need to do well consistently at almost every big tournament.

LOL

ProdigyEng
03-24-2013, 05:43 PM
Nope he won't be number 1 this year.

But I dunno what 70-68 is on about losing huge amounts of points in the HC masters, he gained points in IW and could well gain some here if he doesn't mug up.

70-68
03-24-2013, 05:43 PM
LOL

That's the truth :shrug:

Just look at the numbers. Even if he won the Wimbledon final last year AND the AO final this year, he still wouldn't have been No.1 at any point. With 3 Slams + Olimpic Gold.

70-68
03-24-2013, 05:49 PM
Nope he won't be number 1 this year.

But I dunno what 70-68 is on about losing huge amounts of points in the HC masters, he gained points in IW and could well gain some here if he doesn't mug up.

Yes, he gained 180 points in IW, but this small steps are not going be enough if Novaks holds his consistent level from last year.

Time Violation
03-24-2013, 05:55 PM
Yes, he gained 180 points in IW, but this small steps are not going be enough if Novaks holds his consistent level from last year.

Yup, I think Novak failed to reach any SF only twice last year, and he didn't skip any major.

zcess81
03-24-2013, 06:34 PM

That and after the French Open Nadal has practically zero points to defend until after AO 2014! So, unless Nadal gets injured, I see Murray as no.3 most of this year and up until at least after AO 2014.

Roy Emerson
03-24-2013, 06:35 PM
I doubt it. I think Djokovic will be #1 for the entire 2013. But, four different slam winners again, like in 2012, wouldn't surprise me. Djokovic might hold to the #1 by just winning a major, similar to last year. Plenty of finals for Djokovic this year, of course.

That and after the French Open Nadal has practically zero points to defend until after AO 2014! So, unless Nadal gets injured, I see Murray as no.3 most of this year and up until at least after AO 2014.

That is what should be expected from him. Specially after the clay season. Murray is not consistent enough. Federer is old. Nadal is injury prone. Djokovic remains #1 for a long time.

BauerAlmeida
03-24-2013, 06:38 PM
I doubt it. I think Djokovic will be #1 for the entire 2013. But, four different slam winners again, like in 2012, wouldn't surprise me. Djokovic might hold to the #1 by just winning a major, similar to last year. Plenty of slam finals for Djokovic, of course.

I would be surprised if Djokovic doesn't win another slam. Murray might win Wimbledon (slim chance considering Nadal owns him there and will probably be facing each other in the SF) but I can't see Djokovic losing the USO this time.

Tiebreak100
03-24-2013, 06:57 PM
Murray has already won Wimbledon 2013, its guaranteed. His performance against Federer in the Olympic final was the best grass court performance there has ever been. Nobody would dispute that. The problem is the clay court season, and he must improve. I think he will, but to what extent I am not sure.

Either way, if Murray does not become number #1 at some stage in his career then it would be a sporting tragedy. Possibly the greatest injustice in tennis history.

nole_no1
03-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Murray has already won Wimbledon 2013, its guaranteed

Not with Nadal back :wavey:

Saberq
03-24-2013, 07:02 PM
Murray has already won Wimbledon 2013, its guaranteed. His performance against Federer in the Olympic final was the best grass court performance there has ever been. Nobody would dispute that. The problem is the clay court season, and he must improve. I think he will, but to what extent I am not sure.

Either way, if Murray does not become number #1 at some stage in his career then it would be a sporting tragedy. Possibly the greatest injustice in tennis history.

:lol:..........I love this guy

Mark Lenders
03-24-2013, 07:02 PM

Even if Nadal was not back, it is disputable whether Murray would be the favorite let alone a guarantee to win.

Anyway, this is not breaking news. Even if Murray doesn't improve his performance/results, all it takes is a Djokovic lengthy injury and he's the next in line at this point, so yes of course he can be #1, it's hardly an Earth shattering revelation.

Noleta
03-24-2013, 07:06 PM
You never know,he could benefit form the the possibility if the top guys having a bad spell and dropping lots of points.

Roy Emerson
03-24-2013, 07:07 PM
I would be surprised if Djokovic doesn't win another slam. Murray might win Wimbledon (slim chance considering Nadal owns him there and will probably be facing each other in the SF) but I can't see Djokovic losing the USO this time.

Djokovic is 1-3 in finals at the USO and to three different players including Murray:D. A loss there in the finals wouldn't surprise me. He has a negative record in USO finals...

Djokovic lost to Del Potro in IW so he is not as unbeatable on hc as back in 2011...

Tiebreak100
03-24-2013, 07:07 PM

I love how Nadal and gymnast fans unite in an attempt to devalue the Scottish genius. The fear is palpable.

A lot has changed since Nadal was useful on grass, and a free-flowing Glaswegian will be too much for the grinding Spaniard.

GSMnadal
03-24-2013, 07:10 PM
I love how Nadal and gymnast fans unite in an attempt to devalue the Scottish genius. The fear is palpable.

A lot has changed since Nadal was useful on grass, and a free-flowing Glaswegian will be too much for the grinding Spaniard.

Where have I heard this before? That things have changed? That THIS TIME, Murray would definitely beat Nadal.

Wimbledon 2010? 2011?

Saberq
03-24-2013, 07:14 PM
Where have I heard this before? That things have changed? That THIS TIME, Murray would definitely beat Nadal.

Wimbledon 2010? 2011?

every year since 2008 :haha:

Tiebreak100
03-24-2013, 07:15 PM

Wimbledon 2010? 2011?

'Where have I heard this before?' is about the past, not the future. Thankfully the past does not determine the future.

Murray has come on leaps and bounds since those horrible encounters, and if it was not for a shocking miss from the Scot in 2011, the result may have been significantly different. It will have been 2 years since Nadal was last effective on grass, a rather long time. This can not be overlooked - although it will by you I suspect.

BackhandDTL
03-24-2013, 07:19 PM
Also, I heard Rosol is already in London right now preparing to do it again.

Dark Knight
03-24-2013, 07:23 PM

:superlol: :superlol: :superlol:

Roy Emerson
03-24-2013, 07:26 PM
Djokovic at the USO reminds me a bit of "Cincinnati Djokovic". He is a bit better at the USO with the 1-3 record in finals unlike the 0-4 in Cincy finals... Maybe if Djoko had played Nadal in one of those Cincy finals, he would be 1-3 in finals there like at the USO.:lol:

BackhandDTL
03-24-2013, 07:28 PM

You must be a serious troll.

His performance against Federer in the Olympic final was the best performance there has ever been across any surface.

GSMnadal
03-24-2013, 07:35 PM
'Where have I heard this before?' is about the past, not the future. Thankfully the past does not determine the future.

Murray has come on leaps and bounds since those horrible encounters, and if it was not for a shocking miss from the Scot in 2011, the result may have been significantly different. It will have been 2 years since Nadal was last effective on grass, a rather long time. This can not be overlooked - although it will by you I suspect.

His results last year are exaggerated, and so are Nadal's. Nadal was injured, he made five Wimbledon finals before that. His game, when it's on, is leathal on grass. And I don't care how much Andy has improved this time, he can't handle Nadal's game, especially not on grass. That one ball didn't decide anything in 2011, you're kidding yourself.

2 years ago since he was effective? Oh, you mean he had one bad tournament? :rolleyes: Not counting warm up exho's like Halle and Queens. Grass isn't like hardcourt or clay, where a couple of months of not being good is already a long time. You have one bad tournament and automatically it's 2 years ago since you've done anything the following year.

They're still the same players. Murray is still Murray and, more importantly, Nadal is still Nadal.

Quick question, is your name by any chance Andrew Castle?

rocketassist
03-24-2013, 07:37 PM
His results last year are exaggerated, and so are Nadal's. Nadal was injured, he made five Wimbledon finals before that. His game, when it's on, is leathal on grass. And I don't care how much Andy has improved this time, he can't handle Nadal's game, especially not on grass. That one ball didn't decide anything in 2011, you're kidding yourself.

2 years ago since he was effective? Oh, you mean he had one bad tournament? :rolleyes: Not counting warm up exho's like Halle and Queens. Grass isn't like hardcourt or clay, where a couple of months of not being good is already a long time. You have one bad tournament and automatically it's 2 years ago since you've done anything the following year.

They're still the same players. Murray is still Murray and, more importantly, Nadal is still Nadal.

Andrew Castle licks Nadal's crotch as much as he licks Murray's.

So he won't be.

GSMnadal
03-24-2013, 07:40 PM
Andrew Castle licks Nadal's crotch as much as he licks Murray's.

So he won't be.

Only after he spanked Murray yet again. Before that it's all about Andy and how he's improved.

Anyway, there's no point discussing this. Murray is not becoming #1 as long as there is a clay court season.

Tiebreak100
03-24-2013, 07:53 PM

Yes he had one bad tournament, but however you dress it up he has had 2 years without playing well on grass. He is also liable to an early round upset when the grass is predominantly green, certainly more so than Murray. Still unlikely I accept.

Your line about "Murray is still Murray and Nadal is still Nadal" is nonsense. You have to accept that players improve and others decline. Players also peak at different times, and peak Murray for me is capable of beating all the top 3 guys fairly comfortably on grass. You cannot overlook the Olympic success for Murray, it was a monumental moment in his career and it is the tournament he really wants. The Scot has always lacked self belief when facing Nadal, but that will not be a problem any more outside of clay. Write him off at your peril.

Yes I am Andrew Castle, Have you had an accident at work that was not your fault?

BauerAlmeida
03-24-2013, 08:10 PM
He missed his opportunity in the AO final, now with Nadal back he will lose some SF against him and won't get close to Djokovic. If he had won the AO he would have 2 slams and the OG, with a few good M1000 performance he would have gotten pretty close.

Timot
03-24-2013, 08:20 PM
Can't see this happening unless Murray raises his game on clay.

Certinfy
03-24-2013, 08:23 PM

Berdych's at Wimbledon 3 years ago was better. Especially the third set, surely must be one of the best sets anyone has ever played against Federer.

Topspindoctor
03-24-2013, 08:26 PM
After so many years and so many thrashings in slam finals, people still hype Mandy to be something he'll never be: an elite player.

Kowchi
03-24-2013, 08:46 PM
Murray can be number 2. Idk, it's between Novak and him for #1 and atm Novak definitely edges Murray out on all surfaces, except Grass (maybe).

-Nadal will win RG
-Murray has a shot at Wimbeldon, probably play Nadal or Novak(bar injury. Has 50/50 chance. I don't think Fed has it in him :/
-Murray has 40/60 at US honestly. Depending on Novak's level.

So I'd say around 35% chance he could take number 1 this year. Don't count your cards though. :o

MrPlateperson
03-24-2013, 08:49 PM
Mandy has no shot at no1 unless he can beat Djoko king consistently. Nole will surely be waiting for him in the finals/semis.

james_von05
03-24-2013, 09:17 PM
few more quarters on clay and Wimbledon title he could be #1.

Saberq
03-24-2013, 09:29 PM
few more quarters on clay and Wimbledon title he could be #1.

he cant

Timot
03-24-2013, 09:46 PM

Relax. Old man was exhausted after his marathon with Delpo. With Murray's awful slam final conversion and extra pressure it may end like last year or even worse. He'll have to be better than Fed and Nadal and both have more chances to win it than Andy.

missvarsha
03-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Now that it has been established that Nadal has returned (yet again) BETTER than he was before his injury, Murray has no chance whatsoever.
Djokovic will spend most of the rest of the year at #1, till probably the end of the US Season when Nadal will take over.
OUWWWAIN !

70-68
03-24-2013, 10:43 PM
Mandy has no shot at no1 unless he can beat Djoko king consistently. Nole will surely be waiting for him in the finals/semis.

hmm... smells like a double account

ProdigyEng
03-24-2013, 10:51 PM
After so many years and so many thrashings in slam finals, people still hype Mandy to be something he'll never be: an elite player.

You're getting incredibly boring and repetitive. Your ban can't come soon enough.

70-68
03-24-2013, 10:58 PM

It's a weak era if a non-elite player can reach No.3 (soon to be No.2).

MrPlateperson
03-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Andy hasnt proved anything, all he has done was beat a tired old man in the olympic final and fluked a us open in the wind. I agree he has been more agressive off the fh but that alone is not enough to make a push at no1 anytime soon.

Tiebreak100
03-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Relax. Old man was exhausted after his marathon with Delpo. With Murray's awful slam final conversion and extra pressure it may end like last year or even worse. He'll have to be better than Fed and Nadal and both have more chances to win it than Andy.

Federer will never beat Murray in a slam again, regardless of the location. He is no longer in the conversation. He can have the Halle title whilst the big boys fight for the real prize. When I say 'big boys', I mean Murray and Nadal.

Saberq
03-24-2013, 11:03 PM
Federer will never beat Murray in a slam again, regardless of the location. He is no longer in the conversation. He can have the Halle title whilst the big boys fight for the real prize. When I say 'big boys', I mean Murray and Nadal.

lol..insulting the old man...........classy.......but then again I know who you are

Ace Pounder
03-24-2013, 11:04 PM
He can, but he won't. That's all. He doesn't have the mentality required to lead such a sport. No way.

Tiebreak100
03-24-2013, 11:05 PM
lol..insulting the old man...........classy.......but then again I know who you are
It is sport mate, no room for sentiment. Its a fact, he is no longer relevant. I also never insulted him.

MrPlateperson
03-24-2013, 11:12 PM
Andy is about as relevant as the old man at slams. Even less so at the claycourt season coming up. Its laughable that some people think he'll overtake Nole.

ProdigyEng
03-24-2013, 11:15 PM
Andy is about as relevant as the old man at slams. Even less so at the claycourt season coming up. Its laughable that some people think he'll overtake Nole.

Yeah about as relevant when the old man has made 1 out of 3 finals in the last 3 slams whilst Andy has made all 3.

MrPlateperson
03-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Yeah about as relevant when the old man has made 1 out of 3 finals in the last 3 slams whilst Andy has made all 3.

Each have won 1 of the past 3 and its not like Murray beat the old mans ass to reach the AO final. Of course neither of them can beat Nole as much as Nole can beat them which is why no1 is out of question for both.