Miami r2: Isner def Dodig 4-6 7-5 7-6 (5) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Miami r2: Isner def Dodig 4-6 7-5 7-6 (5)

emotion
03-23-2013, 10:00 PM
What a call. My god, and I thought Vik Troicki was robbed earlier. I have never seen a decision that bad, umpire needs to be suspended. For those who didn't see, umpire ordered a replay of point at 6-5 ad out on a serve that Isner tipped but was almost an ace, had zero play on.

And also a nice lack of umpiring earlier at 6-4 *4-3 40-40 when Isner toweled off between Dodig's serves one point after Dodig yelled about how much time he was taking.

Man should never be allowed near a tennis court again.

nolesfan2011
03-23-2013, 10:01 PM
Isner played an atrocious 1st set and most of the 2nd set, totally listless and looked stressed and bored, then Dodig got gimped up, Isner woke up somehow, charged through the 2nd (coming back from a break down) and in the 3rd they split breaks, Dodig broke at the end of the set then served for the match but the umpire totally robbed him on a line call (making him serve again when it should have been a clear ace),

Isner broke to stay alive over Dodig's frustration.. then took the tiebreak 7-5 (topsy turvy breaker) Dodig physically hurting in the end.

A really bizarre match, finished by Isner wanting to serve with a specific tennis ball.

SheepleBuster
03-23-2013, 10:01 PM
Isner = P.O.S for not conceding that point. But entitled beer drinking, ice cream eating, jack** Americans why the world hate us?

ProdigyEng
03-23-2013, 10:02 PM
American Tennis is dead. James Blake and Johnny Grove are its only hopes.

henke007
John 50 W >> Dodig 20

Saberq
disgusting from the ump

Chase Visa
03-23-2013, 10:03 PM
Holy shit. 24 aces and no double faults. Though it is Isner I suppose.

Deathless Mortal
Fuck off mug umpire. What a pathetic decision. "He hit the ball back".. This guy must be blind, just pathetic.

Nathaliia
did the ump have a bet? :facepalm:

samanosuke
Disgusting. That decision wouldn't have made neither a drunk punk if you picked him to officiate this match. In the future the guy should be spending the time feeding camels in desert instead of officiating matches. Can't believe that one professional empire can't make such moronic decision

Pangloss
03-23-2013, 10:04 PM
Absolutely awful umpiring.

StevoTG
Shocking call from the umpire!

Federer in 2
Isner LOST this match. I don't care what the scoreboard says, the victory was taken out of Dodig's hands by the umpire and handed to Isner. As of now, Isner is not taking part in a sports event this week in my book. His name might be in the draw, but it has ZERO meaning.

Hopefully he gets destroyed by his next opponent. The sooner people realize that these are the type of guys tennis really needs to be saved from, the better.

Shadow Knows
03-23-2013, 10:05 PM
Isner the early frontrunner for the Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award.

samanosuke
Isner was also scumbag in that situation, anyone decent would have admitted it

Mark Lenders
Isner's game might be in the gutter at the moment, but he remains the tiebreak king. 9-0 for the year.

motorhead
disgusting robbery. umpure should serve 1 months of suspension.

DarkMarc
Dodig, what a loser. Worst serve performance ive seen from isner in ages, breakes 4 times and still cant make it.

Indeed very bad call at that 6-5 game, but I liked how he gave isner a warning on match. its ridiculous how players take forever and then blaiming it on the ball boys because theyve only had a look at 5 balls.

didnt think it was possible but i disrespect isner even more now

vauxguy
There seems to be so much inconsistency with these umpires around points like that, why don't they organise a course for these morons so unfair on Dodig (and he needs the prize money a lot more than Isner). Can you imagine that happening to Fish or Roddick or Isner himself they would have got ten times angrier.

Deathless Mortal
03-23-2013, 10:06 PM
Isner = P.O.S for not conceding that point. But entitled beer drinking, ice cream eating, jack** Americans why the world hate us?

Exactly, the guy is pathetic, getting poor losses lately he was desperate for a win here. So it's of course cool to accept a stolen victory, yeah feel proud John, celebrating in the end like that.. Fucking pathetic.

nolesfan2011
I agree.. except Isner isn't responsible for the decision of the umpire.. he was just a bystander. Now maybe the courteous thing to do would have been to concede the point, but still I can't blame him for an atrocious call.

samanosuke
Did Nouni rob Nalbandian at AO also against Isner ? Did Isner then face Cilic in next match like it could happen this time also ?

rvugt
Indeed! Dodig was the better player here! And actually, I think the referee should have given Isner a penalty point when he wanted to serve with a specific ball in the end. That would have been justice! THis really sucks for Ivan! :hug:

nole_no1
03-23-2013, 10:07 PM
Did Nouni rob Nalbandian at AO also against Isner ? Did Isner then face Cilic in next match like it could happen this time also ?

Yes it was against Isner. No, Isner played Lopez next and lost

Smoke944
03-23-2013, 10:07 PM
Exactly, the guy is pathetic, getting poor losses lately he was desperate for a win here. So it's of course cool to accept a stolen victory, yeah feel proud John, celebrating in the end like that.. Fucking pathetic.

:lol:

vauxguy
03-23-2013, 10:08 PM
If only Ivan had served better he would have had this, Isner responsible in this match for some of the worst shots I've ever seen a professional play.

Greystoke
why don't the mugs in atp make precise rules and guidelines that dumbass umpires have to follow in cases like this?

rocketassist
Is that the guy they've brought in to replace Steve Ulrich?

:o

nolesfan2011
Indeed! Dodig was the better player here! And actually, I think the referee should have given Isner a penalty point when he wanted to serve with a specific ball in the end. That would have been justice! THis really sucks for Ivan! :hug:

I agree, also he did have a leg injury.. so people wanting to bag on him for not closing out the match.. he wasn't 100% after the 2nd set, and yet he hung around and really should have won it in 3 anyway.

allpro
03-23-2013, 10:09 PM
despite the win isner remains a deeply confused and frustrated player. the fh and volley are completely broken.

tough loss for dodig who fought well but had no answers for isner’s massive kick serve.

janko05
03-23-2013, 10:10 PM
Disgusting. That decision wouldn't have made neither a drunk punk if you picked him to officiate this match. In the future the guy should be spending the time feeding camels in desert instead of officiating matches. Can't believe that one professional empire can't make such moronic decision

what was the one coined by CD on camels and their by-products?

samanosuke
03-23-2013, 10:10 PM
Shame Doding didn't go berserk like in Denmark after Bogdanovic match when he crushed trophy at presentation

Lopez
03-23-2013, 10:13 PM
Parroting others here but what a horrible call there :facepalm:. Dodig was robbed, though of course it could've gone to a tiebreak either way.

ChampionshipPoints
03-23-2013, 10:15 PM
Dodig lost the match because of tha call. If he got the point, he'd be a break ahead. Disgusting!

Deathless Mortal
03-23-2013, 10:17 PM
If he got the point, he'd be a break ahead.

What are you talking about, he was serving for the match.

allpro
03-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Dodig lost the match because of tha call. If he got the point, he'd be a break ahead. Disgusting!

no, it was ad-out. if he got the point it would have gone back to deuce.

Nathaliia
03-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Shame Doding didn't go berserk like in Denmark after Bogdanovic match when he crushed trophy at presentation
i think he graduated from this atp university since then :lol: they tame players over there

yeah he got defaulted after he lost the 2nd set in the tb (won the 1st set), from what i remember he insulted the linesman on his way to the toilet

croat123
03-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Isner is a complete asshole. Any half-decent person would have just conceded that point. How can you do that?
Ump should be suspended. That was amateur level. If I did my job like that, I'd get fired

simplet
03-23-2013, 10:20 PM
no, it was ad-out. if he got the point it would have gone back to deuce.

Yeah, deuce on his serve serving for the match. So a break ahead pretty much.

Gotta agree with everyone, abysmal umpiring.

Dougie
03-23-2013, 10:26 PM
It really was a terrible decision, Isner had zero chance of returning that serve. But the call itself wasn´t Isner´s fault, and 99/100 would have taken the point just like Isner did, it was such a crucial point.

chowdahead25
03-23-2013, 10:27 PM
Who was the umpire?

croat123
03-23-2013, 10:28 PM
It really was a terrible decision, Isner had zero chance of returning that serve. But the call itself wasn´t Isner´s fault, and 99/100 would have taken the point just like Isner did, it was such a crucial point.
did you know 64% of statistics are made up on the spot?

Blue Heart24
03-23-2013, 10:34 PM
Isner is playing like a joke for a long time now,he should have lost this match as well.Too bad Dodig couldnt compose anymore after that robbery.

samanosuke
03-23-2013, 10:37 PM
Who was the umpire?

Nili

allpro
03-23-2013, 10:37 PM

i agree it was a lousy call but you can't assume with 100% certainty he would have held and won the match. dodig was up a break in the 2nd set as well and got tight and lost control of the set.

scarecrows
03-23-2013, 10:42 PM
the same umpire who had a lot of complaints from nadal during the Gulbis match

he just sits there like a duck, never overrules and makes attrocious calls like this one

and he´s getting a lot of Master matches for some reason. maybe got promoted now that camel challengers are off

misty1
03-23-2013, 10:55 PM
really feel for dodig here, was definately ROBBED

absolutely pathetic and disgusting, umpire should be embarrassed

latso
03-23-2013, 10:55 PM
did you know 64% of statistics are made up on the spot?

:haha: post of the year!!! luv it :D

TBkeeper
03-23-2013, 11:05 PM
(d)umpire :rolleyes: I only know that a heck of a lot karma will get eventually to Isner and then... bad consequences will shatter his destiny.

ChampionshipPoints
03-23-2013, 11:06 PM

On top of that, it took him some time to regroup, playing like shit in the process.

mdterp01
03-23-2013, 11:09 PM
I fucking hate Isner and I'm American.

bjurra
03-23-2013, 11:12 PM
Who was umpiring?

Ok saw it was Ali Nili.

Crowdmaker
03-23-2013, 11:25 PM
Of course Dodig was robbed!!
Who gives a shit, if it would be deuce only then?
The point is, decision affected Ivan’s play instantly and whether you like it or not
in majority of cases robbed player loses next few points. Just like Dodig did!
So yes, John Isner…. F… o.. You and your win!

redshift36188
03-23-2013, 11:47 PM
Is that the guy they've brought in to replace Steve Ulrich?

:o
What do you mean replace Steve Ulrich? Maybe you mean Lars Graff?

scarecrows
03-23-2013, 11:49 PM
What do you mean replace Steve Ulrich? Maybe you mean Lars Graff?

ulrich retired as well

redshift36188
03-23-2013, 11:54 PM
ulrich retired as well
Oh, so IW final was his last match!? Shame. He was my favourite umpire.

BackhandDTL
03-23-2013, 11:54 PM

Nonsense. It wasn't his call, and these guys are there to win. Logically, why would he concede a second chance?

Also, you're trying too hard.

Timot
03-24-2013, 12:09 AM
Really thought this match is over when Dodig was serving to end it. Kudos for Little John that he managed to fight back.

And that inside-out FH winner for 6-6 was just amazing!

Orka_n
03-24-2013, 12:31 AM
Shit umpiring as usual, Dodig deserved that one

Slade
03-24-2013, 12:37 AM
What a pissy outcome. How dare the umpire impede the progress of Godig.

cardio
03-24-2013, 12:55 AM
You guys overreacting. Bad calls happen all the time in tennis. This is part of the game. If not hawk-eye, we even wouldnt know if ball was out or in.Most of pro tennis is played on courts without hawk-eye anyway, so players have to just forget about bad calls and go on.

It wasnt on matchpoint after all, it didnt even decide the game, Dodig got new 1-st serve.And even after the break he had all tiebreaker to get his act together, but he couldnt.

Mentally stronger player wouldnt fold like cheap tent after one bad call.Dodig did.No wonder he cant win a match in Davis Cup ...

Topspindoctor
03-24-2013, 01:01 AM
Great to see Flukedig get sent packing out of the tournament. Was never a fan of mindless grinders with no personality and talent.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

PorkBarrel
03-24-2013, 01:32 AM
Embarrassing stuff from the umpire. Dodig has himself to blame though, he got the break early in the second and should've been home in straights.

Kyle_Johansen
03-24-2013, 02:15 AM
That call is not really defined well. It's almost left to the umpire's choice. I have seen a situation like that called every way.

Johnny Groove
03-24-2013, 02:51 AM
Just saw the replay, dear lord what a call.

If I was Isner, I'd have given him the point the second I saw that the ball was in. Come on, this is not an argument, not even close.

Coolio_Jack
03-24-2013, 03:14 AM
You guys overreacting. Bad calls happen all the time in tennis. This is part of the game. If not hawk-eye, we even wouldnt know if ball was out or in.Most of pro tennis is played on courts without hawk-eye anyway, so players have to just forget about bad calls and go on.

It wasnt on matchpoint after all, it didnt even decide the game, Dodig got new 1-st serve.And even after the break he had all tiebreaker to get his act together, but he couldnt.

Mentally stronger player wouldnt fold like cheap tent after one bad call.Dodig did.No wonder he cant win a match in Davis Cup ...

This was not just some bad call, umpire either doesn't know the rules, or he wasnt paying attention at all, on such a important point, thats unforgivable. Surely this should be the last match of his carrer.

And ofcourse it decided the game, it's very likely that Dodig would win that game after another duece, with saving 3MPs already.

Dark Knight
03-24-2013, 03:16 AM
Pathetic umpiring. What a shame. :mad:

Dead Net Cord
03-24-2013, 08:48 AM
67 posts about the umpire. When Ferrer was cheated in Indian Wells R2 vs Anderson there were like 2 posts about umpire's actions. And it was clearly pathetic as well.

henke007
03-24-2013, 09:02 AM
Great result

leng jai
03-24-2013, 09:42 AM
Anyone got vision of the point?

Crowdmaker
03-24-2013, 09:52 AM
You guys overreacting.

Seriously?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnE6JH5nN6c

Even you have like 30 minutes of match summary on you tube, the part after 6-5 and 40-40 is gonne!
However is a fan of Isner douchebag is ashamed obviously...

born_on_clay
03-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Dodig :facepalm:

PeacheZ
03-24-2013, 11:30 AM
That Isner clown :help:
Couldn't see the mentioned point, but i can paint the picture. He is one of the guys you love to hate on tour. Personal number 3 after Stepanek and Berdych. Not to mention that he has no game whatsoever besides his serves. Would love to see Mugic thrashing him after 3 tie-breaks.

Dougie
03-24-2013, 11:45 AM
That Isner clown :help:
Couldn't see the mentioned point, but i can paint the picture. He is one of the guys you love to hate on tour. Personal number 3 after Stepanek and Berdych. Not to mention that he has no game whatsoever besides his serves. Would love to see Mugic thrashing him after 3 tie-breaks.

What a great contribution. Isner was actually hitting the ball pretty well, and was fighting really hard. And as I said earlier, there is no reason to blame Isner for the umpire´s mistake. Most of the pros would have reacted exactly like Isner did. Oh, and your personal hate-list is hardly relevant.

emotion
03-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Hr25IyHBRUE 2:21 for those who didn't see

"He hit it back" Isner barely touched it, bounced five times before hitting net
You'd think as the umpire you'd have to pay some attention to what was happening

leng jai
03-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Clearly a nonsense decision from the umpire as the out call was made after Isner apparently "returned" the serve. Still it's funny how angry people are getting at Isner when most other players would have done the same probably.

PeacheZ
03-24-2013, 01:20 PM
What a great contribution. Isner was actually hitting the ball pretty well, and was fighting really hard. And as I said earlier, there is no reason to blame Isner for the umpire´s mistake. Most of the pros would have reacted exactly like Isner did. Oh, and your personal hate-list is hardly relevant.
You're most certainly right about the umpire, but not conceding a point of that sort is something that a semi-decent guy would not do. It's that form of unsportsmanship that i was pointing out, mentioning my '''hate list'' ;)
Isner is a boring serve bot and that is a well known fact by anybody. His average hitting is barely a top 100.. I understand your remark, but that's just my opinion.

Chris Kuerten
03-24-2013, 02:15 PM
Only way Isner can win a match these days.

bobbynorwich
03-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Now that Isner has dumped his old sidekick Craig Boynton and gotten a real coach in Michael Sell he's likely to reach his full potential. Go all the way, John.

BroTree123
03-24-2013, 03:12 PM
One of the worst matches ever IMO.

emotion
03-24-2013, 03:13 PM
One of the worst matches ever IMO.

Pretty much on par with average 2013 tennis level

Deathless Mortal
03-24-2013, 03:16 PM
Fognini now hit a double fault and Ferrer admitted he had his hand up so the point was repeated. Take notes, John.

Saberq
03-24-2013, 03:16 PM

stop posting shit

BroTree123
03-24-2013, 03:26 PM

You ain't kidding. Overall, so far this year, the quality of tennis hasn't been as great as it has happen compared to the previous years. I mean, I'm pretty happy for my favs getting some good results like Nole and Nadal, whose back in winning ways. Federer especially has been horrendous, but I guess it's age catching up with him. Tsonga's win in Marseille was great - probably the highlight of my year so far, but other than that he's sort of sucked elsewhere. But regardless of whether the results of my favs are good or bad, the quality of tennis across the spectrum so far isn't something to celebrate about.

scarecrows
03-24-2013, 03:30 PM
Fognini now hit a double fault and Ferrer admitted he had his hand up so the point was repeated. Take notes, John.

and once again Ali Nili saw shit

i wonder how he managed to become umpire in Masters

emotion
03-24-2013, 03:37 PM
You ain't kidding. Overall, so far this year, the quality of tennis hasn't been as great as it has happen compared to the previous years. I mean, I'm pretty happy for my favs getting some good results like Nole and Nadal, whose back in winning ways. Federer especially has been horrendous, but I guess it's age catching up with him. Tsonga's win in Marseille was great - probably the highlight of my year so far, but other than that he's sort of sucked elsewhere. But regardless of whether the results of my favs are good or bad, the quality of tennis across the spectrum so far isn't something to celebrate about.
Yeah, I can't be unhappy with Djokovic leading the world by some margin thusfar this year, but the actual quality of matches has been super poor. AO was average, but it's been downhill since

Deathless Mortal
03-24-2013, 03:39 PM
and once again Ali Nili saw shit

i wonder how he managed to become umpire in Masters

Oh it's Nili again? I didn't even notice :lol:

bjurra
03-25-2013, 09:02 PM

Nobody is overreacting, it was a horrible call on a very important point.

As for posters bashing Isner, I don't know how many players in the top 100 would have conceded that point. One or two?

emotion
03-25-2013, 10:18 PM
Oh it's Nili again? I didn't even notice :lol:

He also gave Melzer a warning when Kamke was not ready because he was killing a bee the next day

Smoke944
03-26-2013, 01:34 AM
Nobody is overreacting, it was a horrible call on a very important point.

As for posters bashing Isner, I don't know how many players in the top 100 would have conceded that point. One or two?

Of course, but this is MTF we are talking about here. Every poster is a paragon of virtue.

Ask Gonzalez if he loses sleep over that silver medal that should belong to Blake.