Interesting Forum Posts [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Interesting Forum Posts

heya
01-11-2005, 12:18 AM
Have you checked the head to head of Sampras.v. Rusedski? It's like 10-2 in Pete's favour. Greg even has a better record against Agassi than he had against Pete. Therefore, none of your reasons can hold water anywhere or anyhow. Mind you I don't think that Roddick is by far that much a better player than Rusedski. :haha: :retard: :o
Of course, there are certain players who give all- rounders trouble. Federer is troubled by net rushers. Henman is the best volleyer in the game today, he gives Federer trouble.

Personally, I think most of Tim's recen! t losses to Roger happen before the match even starts. It's psychological. I simply say if those are the reasons you think Federer is better than Sampras ever was, then you have no reasons really, you just think so. For me, Federer is not as good as Sampras in his hey day. I can pick matches like Wimbledon Final 1999 to Masters finals of the same year and upon all Federer's fabulous displays, he is yet to play a match that reaches that level. 1999 wasn't even Pete in his prime.

When Federer can demolish what was at the time a 5 slam winner(Agassi) who had just won his 5th Slam, completeing his career grand slam, in the finals of a slam that both competititors had won before,(Wimbledon) and go on to demolish the same player after the player, number 1 in the world, has just won his 6th Slam(Usopen) and Pete was just returning from injury having missed the UsOpen, in the finals of the year end championships, then you can tell me, about Federer against top players. Federer used to fall under pressure. He is now very confident so its all good. Like many have said, after the inevitable hurtful loss or injury, let&s see how Federer copes. Its easy to play brilliantly when you are confident. The mark of a real champion is how he plays when he is not confident and for that again, you look to Sampras's final slam win. Until then, Sampras is heads and shoulders above everyone.
Lexi

Federer is expected to win, but I don't think he really feels any pressure. On the contrary, the pressure is on other players to take his mantle.
Dale, Canada

Two finals he lost to the undoubted no.1 of the Mens game, do not break the career of a guy like Roddick. He has guts, and in some ways reminds me of Sharapova. I think he could go on in future years and become the great rival to Federer so many people had him down as earlier this year.
Dave, Brighton, UK
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/have_your_say/default.stm

MisterQ
01-11-2005, 12:31 AM
When Federer can demolish what was at the time a 5 slam winner(Agassi) who had just won his 5th Slam, completeing his career grand slam, in the finals of a slam that both competititors had won before,(Wimbledon) and go on to demolish the same player after the player, number 1 in the world, has just won his 6th Slam(Usopen) and Pete was just returning from injury having missed the UsOpen, in the finals of the year end championships, then you can tell me, about Federer against top players.

That is a phenomenal sentence! How to create utter confusion with pronouns.. :worship: :haha: :bigcry:

aceit
01-11-2005, 12:31 AM
Nice little post.

Have you checked the head to head of Sampras.v. Rusedski? It's like 10-2 in Pete's favour. Greg even has a better record against Agassi than he had against Pete. Therefore, none of your reasons can hold water anywhere or anyhow. Mind you I don't think that Roddick is by far that much a better player than Rusedski. :haha: :retard: :o[/url]
Couldn't tell you that I've ever thought about that. :p

heya
01-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Motivation makes Marat win. He's a short-term goal oriented guy (eg 2000 & 04) and when the goal is accomplished he says, "okay, I've done it" and then lies down for a while. The years finished, that's it. And there's no hold-over to the next calendar year past January, & he has to get himself wound up again.
I expect him to have a big spurt of energy, interest, & wins, sometime during this year, but wouldn't even guess when that might be.

Just one more thing to add and I think this is a key factor in Federer's continued 'dominance'- his unshakeable confidence (which come from winning most of ur matches. To me thats the sole factor seperating Federer from the rest of his peers. Confidence is closesly linked to your mentality so one can argue that Federer has a mental edge and he hass this edge cause he's winning all the time basically. Take those wins/ confidence away it would be a different story but unfortunately Federer is at an all time high confidence wise so these guys need to step it up mentally and their game will fall into place. Yes, easier said than done. I just hope players realise (particularly those in the top ten) that its not because of their that they can't hang with federer , its their belief or lack thereof. Case in point: Federer/Llubijic match. Ivan had several oppurtunities to break back in the first set but he did not take advantage. Federer won all the big points hence the seeemingy easy win.

I may be wrong but as I watched Federer's matches this week his opponents walk on the court lookng like they have already been beaten and I am lke u guys suck.....u should relish the opportunity of taking on the current no. 1 player but they go out on the court and help Federer to win. If you have the weapons to beat Federer say like Marat or Andy, then you are in a goo dposition. All they need to try to do -and yes it is not easy- is beleive and try to be a consistent as possible and that is all closely tied with confidence. If Roddick displays the type of swagger he usually does with lesser opponents he would get a win but I am sure trace of doubt creeps in. sam
on.starblvd.net/cgi-bin/bbs?marat_safin

heya
01-13-2005, 10:15 AM
“We live and die each week on doing the right things and we will be playing mind games with ourselves and each other,” Roddick said, “but of course we want to focus on doing the right things and to win.”

From Neil Harman, Tennis Correspondent in Melbourne

In the midst of his parade through New York after his US Open triumph in September, Federer stopped to ask how critical I had been of Henman’s loss to him in the semi- finals. “He gave me my toughest match of the tournament by far,” Federer said.

Carito_90
01-14-2005, 05:57 AM
Sometimes you really make me wonder whether you are an Andy fan or hater.

heya
01-14-2005, 07:35 AM
Everyone feels differently. I cheered for Andy a lot, then so many things went wrong that I either laughed or got mad... If you want, I'll be Ljubicic's fan. :shrug:

J. Corwin
01-14-2005, 09:22 AM
When Federer can demolish what was at the time a 5 slam winner(Agassi) who had just won his 5th Slam, completeing his career grand slam, in the finals of a slam that both competititors had won before,(Wimbledon) and go on to demolish the same player after the player, number 1 in the world, has just won his 6th Slam(Usopen) and Pete was just returning from injury having missed the UsOpen, in the finals of the year end championships, then you can tell me, about Federer against top players. Federer used to fall under pressure. He is now very confident so its all good. Like many have said, after the inevitable hurtful loss or injury, let&s see how Federer copes. Its easy to play brilliantly when you are confident. The mark of a real champion is how he plays when he is not confident and for that again, you look to Sampras's final slam win. Until then, Sampras is heads and shoulders above everyone.

Aside from this highly entertaining "paragraph" ;)...it's wrong. :lol: Agass had just won his 4th slam, in completing his career grand slam. The US Open that year was his 5th. :p 6th was next year's AO. :dance: :banana:

:wavey:

Jennay
01-14-2005, 10:36 PM
Everyone feels differently. I cheered for Andy a lot, then so many things went wrong that I either laughed or got mad... If you want, I'll be Ljubicic's fan. :shrug:
How bout no!

Stay an Andy fan. We know you love him. :)

Carito_90
01-15-2005, 12:58 AM
How bout no!

Stay an Andy fan. We know you love him. :)

Everybody does :lol:

And please, no, Ljubicic no :scared: