The Guille Coria cheering thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Guille Coria cheering thread

Guille's Girl
01-10-2005, 07:04 PM
And I will restrain myself from using BILLIONS of !'s in the title. A'ight! Vamos Guille!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :toothy:

alita
01-11-2005, 08:13 AM
:banana: :banana:
A great start!
vs Saulnier tomorrow :bounce: :bounce:

kandykane
01-11-2005, 12:44 PM
who's that?

Micca
01-11-2005, 02:32 PM
Hahaha, got a new av GG? Nice, but I like Guille better! :lol:

He won the first round, so I think the second round shouldnt be too hard,, I dont even know Saulnier :rolleyes:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
01-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Good luck. ;)

Guille's Girl
01-11-2005, 03:04 PM
Uhm...looks like Crazygirl has got some issues...

:banana: Bout time y'all started representin' up in dis thread :rolleyes: :haha:
Yeah Micca I changed my avatar. It's my friends' budgie :D His name is Bird :lol: I'll put Guille back up there today :p
SAULNIER is the guy who beat Guille in the 1st round of the AO last year. Would be nice to get some rEvEnGe :toothy:

Guille's Girl
01-11-2005, 03:25 PM
*runs around all insane like* He wrote :banana:

Showing that his Magic is intact, Guille defeated Dutchman Sjëng Schalken with authority by 6-0 and 6-3 to advance to the second round of the Heineken Open in Auckland, New Zealand. El Mago, 1st seed of the tournament, will now face French Cyril Saulnier.

"Hello everyone… The truth is I am really happy after having won my first official ATP match after so long. Especially since I played very well against an experienced player on this surface", said Guille in his E-Mail.

"I am also happy about how I was able to keep my concentration despite playing with flu on a hot day with a uncomfortable wind crossing the court", he added.

"Anyway", he continued, "I know it is still a long way to get back to the level I had before the injury, but I feel I am going on the right way".

Guille analysed his next rival: "Saulnier is a complicated player. He serves very well and hits the ball as hard with his forehand as he does with his backhand. I didn't forget he eliminated me from the Australian Open last year. So I guess it a good opportunity to pay him back".

"This is was a special day for me. I had promised my Grandfather to dedicate my first victory of the 2005 season, and I remembered that on the last point. So Grandpa, this one is for you only".

"Well, I have to go. I will write again after my next match. See you around".

Guille

:bana-naw wait a second the flu?? :confused: I'm guessing it's just a cold I hope. A'ight. Now let's have that banana :banana: Vamos Guille!!!

fabolous
01-11-2005, 03:33 PM
hmmmm........VAMOS GUILLE!!

PinkFeatherBoa
01-11-2005, 03:48 PM
Thanks for posting the write up GG, don't have time to go to his website at the moment. :)

Vamos Guille!

willie
01-11-2005, 05:27 PM
with a little of effort this title is his.
good luck for next match against saulnier. 6-0 6-0?? maybe :D

Guille's Girl
01-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Indeed would be nice! Too bad we ain't got no livescores. The Auckland site is dumb as hell.

boliviana
01-11-2005, 09:42 PM
the site sucks big time . . . no match statistics, no player interviews, nada. Bullshit.

willie
01-11-2005, 11:56 PM
guille won in 3 sets!!!
go coria win the title!!!

alita
01-11-2005, 11:58 PM
lol, The website really sucks~
ok, I just confused that does Guille really have time to update his website:eek: during the match?! maybe he has already addicted to the internet now :p lol
And a :hug: to Saara! thanks for the artical!

alita
01-12-2005, 12:01 AM
6-3 4-6 7-6 (7-3)! well done! :woohoo:
:bounce:

Guille's Girl
01-12-2005, 01:08 AM
Man that was a HOOT! Gosh!! Go Guille!! A nice bday present indeed (for me, not him :p ).

espanol04
01-12-2005, 03:00 AM
Happy birthday, Guillermo! Next rival is Olivier Rochus.

kandykane
01-12-2005, 03:37 AM
:banana:

willie
01-12-2005, 12:02 PM
Happy birthday, Guillermo! Next rival is Olivier Rochus.
A difficult rival but we know you can pass it. by the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :worship: :wavey:

boliviana
01-12-2005, 02:29 PM
So frustrated . . . what happened in this three-set thriller? There is nothing on the web re: the match and last I checked the web-site for Auckland (it's soooo bad), they were still talking about Tuesday's matches. :banghead:

Yes I get that I am a type A personality, living in the States and generally expecting "it" (fill in the blank) yesterday but still . . .

Muchas felicidades a Guille . . .

Guille's Girl
01-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Was not so bad. I think Saulnier played a pretty decent match (understatement). Some folks I was talking to figured Guille must've been getting tired in the 2nd set NOT. Saulnier obviously tried some different shit to throw Guille off his rocker a bit. But Guille clearly saw an opening, or else he would've let the set go instead of fighting from 1-5 to 4-5 and "wasting" energy. He did very well in the 3rd indeed. I bet he was pissed when he got broke right after he broke Saulnier for 2-0. But he held composure damn good, holding serve for the rest of the match. Tiebreaks don't scare this guy. He had an awesome tiebreak record last year. 3-0 so for this year. Vamos Guille!! I dunno much about Rochus. Guille is gonna feel tall today LMAO! A'ight! Happy bday as well!!!! :banana:

fabolous
01-12-2005, 03:04 PM
uuuhh that was close!

happy Bday both guille and GG!!!!!

boliviana
01-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Thanks so much for that . . . I think he and Rochus played once at Wimbledon and Rochus knocked him out first round in 2003. Beyond that I can't see that they've played. Beating Saulnier was also to vindicate last year at AO. This is the kind of match Coria had wanted to play against Hrbaty but his back wasn't up for that kind of duel. He needed to be pushed against the wall . . .one to sharpen his skills and two to gain confidence.

Did you read about Federer and Gaudio's match . . . if I were in the Gaudio camp I would be pretty insulted. Seems Federer wanted to try some new things out there and over the course of the first set, lost. Done with his experimentation, he turned the guns on Gaudio and blasted him the next two sets. Clearly didn't see him as a threat at all, toyed with him like a cat playing with a dying mouse and then just blew him away. Not that I give a crap about Gaudio on any level but it just struck me as a real sign of disrespect for FO champ (barf)

Guille's Girl
01-12-2005, 04:47 PM
Ooo damn. Naw I didn't read about that. Interesting...

I think Rochus beat Safin sometime last year. But anywho, Guille said that yesterdays match was a match that he wanted to play. A close one. Saulnier forced him to have to raise his level.

boliviana
01-12-2005, 04:56 PM
Rochus will be good for him to play. He'll have to keep his focus and play a smart match. Gotta figure that adrenaline is pumping now so should be good. Will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure . .. he's one of the few seeds left and the he's gotta be the favorite to win at this point . . . and last year he really buckled when it counted . . .

Hang tough Guille!!

and your boy Nash is looking good. . . impressive win last night!

Guille's Girl
01-12-2005, 08:43 PM
damn right!! 16 pts and 16 dimes!! HEH! Did you see that insane screen he pulled on Shaq? :eek: He almost got run the fuck over! C'mon Steve. You're too short for that :haha: Indeed! Suns have won 7 in a row AGAIN. 31-4. Last season they only won 29 games :o NASH FOR MVP!!! :banana:

17 minutes before the match starts. Guille is first on center court. I gots my Fuel blasting ;) :music:

willie
01-12-2005, 08:53 PM
damn right!! 16 pts and 16 dimes!! HEH! Did you see that insane screen he pulled on Shaq? :eek: He almost got run the fuck over! C'mon Steve. You're too short for that :haha: Indeed! Suns have won 7 in a row AGAIN. 31-4. Last season they only won 29 games :o NASH FOR MVP!!! :banana:

17 minutes before the match starts. Guille is first on center court. I gots my Fuel blasting ;) :music:

nash is a good bb player but not as good as greaT GINOBILI!!!jajaja :D

Guille's Girl
01-12-2005, 09:12 PM
Pssh, Steve would kick Manu's ass any day of the week :rocker2: :p Naw but seriously, Manu is insane. He's a great player :banana:

willie
01-13-2005, 02:43 AM
Pssh, Steve would kick Manu's ass any day of the week :rocker2: :p Naw but seriously, Manu is insane. He's a great player :banana:

i think manu and steve are the two best non-american nba players, but only because coria isnt enough tall and dont practice basquetball becuase if not...jeje :D joke :p

Micca
01-13-2005, 08:57 AM
Grrrr!! :fiery: I cannot believe none of his matches is on tv!! :crying2: Ya'll let me know how he did it ey?! I reeeaally want Guille to do well on his B-day :D:D

Micca
01-13-2005, 09:01 AM
Ok, according to a thread in General Messages Guille lost to Ollie in 2 sets,, 6-4 6-4 :sad: Is he out now? Or is it just like the previous tournament? First in your poule then the rest..?

boliviana
01-13-2005, 01:57 PM
No Guille is out - this is not a round-robin tournament. His web-site says that he won't let this loss ruin his birthday . . . but it's just a short paragraph and no more.