Australian Open, January 17 - 30, 2005 [Archive] - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

Australian Open, January 17 - 30, 2005

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

novanora
01-24-2005, 05:34 PM
David did a great job.
sig, when he was changing his cloth, i heard many people woo~~~hoo~~~~ to him :lol:

sigmagirl91
01-24-2005, 05:35 PM
sig, when he was changing his cloth, i heard many people woo~~~hoo~~~~ to him :lol:

Darn, I missed it. No sexy pic.

*Ljubica*
01-24-2005, 05:37 PM
Well let's what happens now against Hewitt!!
But I'm very confident..hope he is too!

The crowd will be at Hewitt's side and that can de hard for David..and they are loud!!
I don't think that can affect David though.Hope not.

Lleyton will have far more pressure on his shoulders than David..he has nothing too loose,and that's a plus!

Vamos David!! :bounce:

I don't think the crowd will bother David too much against Hewitt. Yes - they'll be loud cheering for their man (that's only to be expected), and you might get a few silly drunks making comments if it's the night match (it will be Australia Day there and a public holiday as well) - but, on the whole, I think the Aussie crowds are great. They cheer their own man, but they don't jeer at the opponent or cheer their mistakes or shout during points - they are really fair and sporting and I think David will respect that.

As for Hewitt's injury - well I don't particularly like Hewitt - but I don't think he's a whiner like Coria - he will just get on with it, and I'm sure he won't be taking any tactical medical timeouts either - it's not his style - so I don't think that will be an issue for David either. His "Come Ons" will probably annoy David as they seem to annoy everyone, but I'm sure Eduardo will tell him just to keep his head down and ignore them.

And as others have said here before - I am so proud of David for getting this far - if he loses to Hewitt it is no disgrace and I will still be delighted that he got this far. But he has nothing to lose - so Good Luck David :)

jazz_girl
01-24-2005, 05:42 PM
I don't think the crowd will bother David too much against Hewitt. Yes - they'll be loud cheering for their man (that's only to be expected), and you might get a few silly drunks making comments if it's the night match (it will be Australia Day there and a public holiday as well) - but, on the whole, I think the Aussie crowds are great. They cheer their own man, but they don't jeer at the opponent or cheer their mistakes ir shout during points - they are really fair and sporting and I think David will respect that.

As for Hewitt's injury - well I don't particularly like Hewitt - but I don't think he's a whiner like Coria - he will just get on with it, and I'm sure he won't be doing any tactical medical timeouts either - it's not his style - so I don't think that will be an issue for David either. His "Come Ons" will probably annoy David as they seem to annoy everyone, but I'm sure Eduardo will tell him just to keep his head down and ignore them.

And as others have said here before - I am so proud of David for getting this far - if he loses to Hewitt it is no disgrace and I will still be delighted that he got this far. But he has nothing to lose - so Good Luck David :)
I remember David in Rome last year, it was his second match that day and he had to play an Italian, I believe it was Volandri..., and he had the whole crowd against him, however, he beat him anyway :)
He can't be bother unless someone throws something at him, but that will never happen. The Australian crowd is very respecful and they even apploud the rivals winners and that's great :)

sophia_c
01-24-2005, 05:44 PM
Totally agree Rosie.....

:worship: :worship: Vamos David :worship: :worship:

:nerner: :nerner: To all Coria trolls..... :haha: :haha:

crimson
01-24-2005, 05:45 PM
just post the stats here, for those who can't watch this great match

http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2005-01/25_594721_1.jpg

He did 5 double faults :lol: but personally, i don't think his serving is bad, sometimes it is pretty good to make some serve winners. He is a little crappy at the net in 1st set, just coz he played some drops as usual, but Coria is very fast, and made some good pass, which is the important reason why he lost the 1st set.

His approaching net is much better in the later sets. Some incredible returnings and backhand shots impress the whole spectators. And what really impressed me is, the 3rd set once in his serving, he was behind 0-40, facing triple BPs, but so calm and smart to save them all, which is really frustrating Coria.

And in the last set, you all know he did it better and better, Coria seems to lose some patience, but still made some good shots. Finally bagel this opponent who he never beated before!!

The whole score 5-7 7-5 6-3 6-0. David did a very good job!! and both played well today :yeah:

Thanks for posting these stats novanora :hug: I didn't have TV access to the match today so I am glad to read the details that David was playing well. :yeah:

jazz_girl
01-24-2005, 05:48 PM
Quotes from David:
About having a different meaning playing against a countryman:
"no, contento de estar en cuartos otras vez. Es el tercer año seguido, me gusta este lugar".
"no, I'm happy to be in QF again. It's the third year in a row, I like this place"

"Un sabor distinto es haber jugado con Guillermo porque nos
conocemos desde hace mucho. No es lo mismo jugar con un argentino
con el que nos conocemos que con un checo o cualquier otro, que lo
conocés menos"
"Playing Guillermo has a different taste because we've known each other for a long time, and it's not the same with a czech or any other, that you know less."
About Hewitt:
"va a tener mucha más presión él que yo. Va a ser un partido muy duro, es un jugador muy sólido. Tiene un juego bastante similar al de Guillermo".
"He's gonna have much more pressure than me. It's gonna be a very tough match, he's a very solid player. He's git a game pretty similar to Guillermo's".
About at what time he'll go to bed tonight:
"mañana te cuento, la verdad que va a ser complicado. Hay que hacer un par de cosas todavía y la noche se hace muy corta".
"I'll tell you tomorrow, actually it's gonna be complicated. There are a couple of things that must be done and the night can be very short"

*Ljubica*
01-24-2005, 05:51 PM
I remember David in Rome last year, it was his second match that day and he had to play an Italian, I believe it was Volandri..., and he had the whole crowd against him, however, he beat him anyway :)
He can't be bother unless someone throws something at him, but that will never happen. The Australian crowd is very respecful and they even apploud the rivals winners and that's great :)

Actually the Aussie crowd are the most like the Wimbledon one I think - and David always says he loves playing here in England :) We might have the daft "Henmaniacs" who paint their faces and cheer for Tim - but we would never, EVER cheer double faults or anything like that - so maybe David will feel comfortable with the Australian crowd too. He seems to like it over there - he even went there on holiday before Christmas didnt he?

jazz_girl
01-24-2005, 05:56 PM
just post the stats here, for those who can't watch this great match

http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2005-01/25_594721_1.jpg

He did 5 double faults :lol: but personally, i don't think his serving is bad, sometimes it is pretty good to make some serve winners. He is a little crappy at the net in 1st set, just coz he played some drops as usual, but Coria is very fast, and made some good pass, which is the important reason why he lost the 1st set.

His approaching net is much better in the later sets. Some incredible returnings and backhand shots impress the whole spectators. And what really impressed me is, the 3rd set once in his serving, he was behind 0-40, facing triple BPs, but so calm and smart to save them all, which is really frustrating Coria.

And in the last set, you all know he did it better and better, Coria seems to lose some patience, but still made some good shots. Finally bagel this opponent who he never beated before!!

The whole score 5-7 7-5 6-3 6-0. David did a very good job!! and both played well today :yeah:
There was a point in the fifth set, when David was 4-0 and about to break Coria again in which Guillermo kept saying: I can't believe it, I cannot get one ball in and he gets everything. He was completly frustrated at that point. I critized Coria a lot, but I have to say that his people gave David a standing ovation. Including Carla. And Capitaine too. Good for them :yeah:

sophia_c
01-24-2005, 06:00 PM
Yep that true.....but they have to have respect for one another.....they have known each other for too long not to

novanora
01-24-2005, 06:01 PM
There was a point in the fifth set, when David was 4-0 and about to break Coria again in which Guillermo kept saying: I can't believe it, I cannot get one ball in and he gets everything. He was completly frustrated at that point. I critized Coria a lot, but I have to say that his people gave David a standing ovation. Including Carla. And Capitaine too. Good for them :yeah:
yeah, i heard him said sth, but seems it's in spanish, so i don't understand, thanks for telling this :lol: he really did amazing job in 5th set.

novanora
01-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Thanks for posting these stats novanora :hug: I didn't have TV access to the match today so I am glad to read the details that David was playing well. :yeah:
you are welcome, crimson :hug: i hope every david fan can watch this match, even the repeat! it does worth watching it!!

*Ljubica*
01-24-2005, 06:06 PM

I like Carla and I like Capitaine - he always used to talk to me when he worked for David :) - it's just Coria I don't like!! And Nova - unfortunately us poor Brits won't get any replays of the match - no highlights show tonight for Crimson to watch :sad:

sigmagirl91
01-24-2005, 06:09 PM
I like Carla and I like Capitaine - he always used to talk to me when he worked for David :) - it's just Coria I don't like!! And Nova - unfortunately us poor Brits won't get any replays of the match - no highlights show tonight for Crimson to watch :sad:

I don't know if I will be able to watch it either.

jazz_girl
01-24-2005, 06:09 PM
I'm watching the replay of the match right now. I can enjoy the whole thing now without going nuts! LOL

sigmagirl91
01-24-2005, 06:10 PM
I'm watching the replay of the match right now. I can enjoy the whole thing now without going nuts! LOL

We'll see this in the highlight reels.

crimson
01-24-2005, 06:16 PM

That is :sad:, I would have loved to have seen this match. :sad: Hope I can get to see the match against Hewitt when it happens though, can't wait!

jazz_girl
01-24-2005, 06:16 PM
See if you watch this:
Highlights (http://www.tn.com.ar/popupclarin.asp?Id_Nota=41544','TN','710','496','n o','no')

sigmagirl91
01-24-2005, 06:19 PM
See if you watch this:
Highlights (http://www.tn.com.ar/popupclarin.asp?Id_Nota=41544','TN','710','496','n o','no')

I'll check this later-when I get home.

crimson
01-24-2005, 06:19 PM
See if you watch this:

Oh thanks for the link jazz girl, nice to see a clip of the match, especially of the moment of victory :bounce:

*Ljubica*
01-24-2005, 06:25 PM
See if you watch this:

Thanks Jazz :) I've actually got the whole match on tape so I'll relax and watch it again some time when all this Australian stuff is over.

sigmagirl91
01-24-2005, 06:28 PM
Too bad I may not get to see this; I don't know if I'll tape the next match because when I do, he loses.

RogiFan88
01-24-2005, 06:45 PM
You know, Hewitt's injury could be a factor AND Rafa DID push him hard, so you never know! If David can beat Guille for the first time, why not also beat Lleyton [I forget their h-t-h].

sigmagirl91
01-24-2005, 06:46 PM
wow great win for david :worship: he deserves it really, as he was the better player for the last 3 sets. if he plays like he did in the final set he can beat everybody here!! GO DAVID!!

p.s. don't be so mean to the poor guille ;)

We'd never be mean to you. It's for the hopeless, hapless trolls out there, that the "meanness" is directed to.

jazz_girl
01-24-2005, 06:48 PM
You know, Hewitt's injury could be a factor AND Rafa DID push him hard, so you never know! If David can beat Guille for the first time, why not also beat Lleyton [I forget their h-t-h].
And his H2H to Ferrer was also negative: 0-3

sigmagirl91
01-24-2005, 06:49 PM
I am sure that David can beat Hewitt for the first time-especially if Hewitt is less than 100%.

fabolous
01-24-2005, 07:31 PM
We'd never be mean to you. It's for the hopeless, hapless trolls out there, that the "meanness" is directed to.
i know i know, it was not meant that serious. i also know we had some "problems" with trolls recently :lol:

jazz_girl
01-24-2005, 07:37 PM
I am sure that David can beat Hewitt for the first time-especially if Hewitt is less than 100%.
I thought he was gonna be beaten by Ferrer in R128, and I only had faith in him against Ventura. So, I guess I should believe a little more on him, even though he loses his next match. he's done a great tournament so far, and the best news is that he's improving match after match :yeah:
It looks like it will be a nice year :)

sigmagirl91
01-24-2005, 07:41 PM
It could be, jazz. Just have to have a little faith in our boy.

*Ljubica*
01-24-2005, 08:41 PM
OK - I know we're a few rounds on since this - but I just got hold of GWH's report about the Ventura match and thought you would like to read it.

Nalbandian vs Ventura. Well David came out and started very well against a very nervous Ventura who couldn't hit a thing in in the 1st set and Nalle wasn't making it easier, he is definitely on his game today unlike when he played Ferrer and everything especially his opponent was irritating the hell out of him. The 1st set was a bagel and then Ventura started to become more competitve, but David was moving into the ball well and making Ventura cover a lot more court with good angles and this is an improvement from before.

All the Ace Ventura comments from the crowd are coming out and they are lifting him and after the 2nd set, he starts to make less errors and is hitting some very good winners from his forehand and his backhand is holding up, there were some good dropshots as well, then they were trying to out finesse each other at the net. Ventura deservedly took the 3rd set and Nalle's level just dropped a bit, but there wasn't the sense that this could be a 5 setter.

Nalle wakes up again and refocuses and put the youngster in his place and wins the 4th handily. This was the 1st time I have seen Ventura play and I like what I saw he will do well in the clay season, he has a good game for the surface and after he wasn't nervous he was a good opponent in this match and after he signed quite a few autographs which is always good.

Jennay
01-24-2005, 08:57 PM
Wow!! :worship: I am so happy for David :D :yeah:

I hope he can beat Lleyton and potentially meet Andy in the Semi's. That would be cool to see two of my favorites play eachother :) :D

jazz_girl
01-24-2005, 09:56 PM
Thanks a lot GWH for the report and Rosie for posting it here! ;)
I was just watching some post match interviews and Coria said that his thighs did bother him after the 4th point, and he hot scared cause he's been treating himself from some hip problems, but as the match went on they were gone and it is not an excuse for losing the match. He also said that there were some key moments in which he couldn't win the points and David did, and above all, David played better than him.
David was happy to be so calmed mentally and that's one of key elements to play in a GS and that's what he needs also to play against Lleyton.

sigmagirl91
01-24-2005, 10:02 PM
Thanks a lot GWH for the report and Rosie for posting it here! ;)
I was just watching some post match interviews and Coria said that his thighs did bother him after the 4th point, and he hot scared cause he's been treating himself from some hip problems, but as the match went on they were gone and it is not an excuse for losing the match. He also said that there were some key moments in which he couldn't win the points and David did, and above all, David played better than him.
David was happy to be so calmed mentally and that's one of key elements to play in a GS and that's what he needs also to play against Lleyton.

That's true. He needs his wits and his heart to play Lleyton.

willie
01-24-2005, 10:23 PM
He has great chances against nervious hewitt, and if he plays like in the last two sets to coria he has great chances for advancing the final.

GO NALBY!

sigmagirl91
01-24-2005, 10:31 PM
He has great chances against nervious hewitt, and if he plays like in the last two sets to coria he has great chances for advancing the final.

GO NALBY!

I agree with you-for once. :o

jazz_girl
01-24-2005, 10:51 PM
According to Coria, if David plays like he did with him, he can take Hewitt in three sets, cause Hewitt hasn't been playing that well. However if Hewitt is physically ok he can be very tough, like he was in the Nadal match, in which he played till the last ball.
David said that this match will be completly different from the Wimbledon one, cause he's grown a lot since then and now he has a lot more experience in Grand Slams.

sigmagirl91
01-24-2005, 10:52 PM
According to Coria, if David plays like he did with him, he can take Hewitt in three sets, cause Hewitt hasn't been playing that well. However if Hewitt is physically ok he can be very tough, like he was in the Nadal match, in which he played till the last ball.
David said that this match will be completly different from the Wimbledon one, cause he's grown a lot since then and now he has a lot more experience in Grand Slams.

This is true. Let's hope that David can upset Hewitt, then Roddick to make it to another GS final.

jazz_girl
01-24-2005, 10:57 PM
That would be amazing...Nothing's impossible. :)

sigmagirl91
01-24-2005, 11:04 PM
That would be amazing...Nothing's impossible. :)

If he pulls it off, it would be nothing short of impressive.

willie
01-24-2005, 11:22 PM
I agree with you-for once. :o

:aparty: :aparty: :aparty:

hewitts face after match with david..... :bigcry:

sigmagirl91
01-24-2005, 11:23 PM
:aparty: :aparty: :aparty:

hewitts face after match with david..... :bigcry:

He'll be alright.

Gonzo Hates Me!
01-25-2005, 12:23 AM
Wow all my favorite players in the same side of the QF! except Davydenko... but last time this happened, Gaudio ended up in the finals. :o Anyway, I really doubt Davydenko will come out of this :o Okay, anyway, go David!! This is a late happy post, but I knew I'd find that he won.

Fedex
01-25-2005, 01:12 AM
He'll be alright.
Not after David's done with him. ;)

Fedex
01-25-2005, 01:15 AM
Thats true, and not to mention that David played like a total ass out there that day.

Fedex
01-25-2005, 01:16 AM
OK - I know we're a few rounds on since this - but I just got hold of GWH's report about the Ventura match and thought you would like to read it.

Nalbandian vs Ventura. Well David came out and started very well against a very nervous Ventura who couldn't hit a thing in in the 1st set and Nalle wasn't making it easier, he is definitely on his game today unlike when he played Ferrer and everything especially his opponent was irritating the hell out of him. The 1st set was a bagel and then Ventura started to become more competitve, but David was moving into the ball well and making Ventura cover a lot more court with good angles and this is an improvement from before.

All the Ace Ventura comments from the crowd are coming out and they are lifting him and after the 2nd set, he starts to make less errors and is hitting some very good winners from his forehand and his backhand is holding up, there were some good dropshots as well, then they were trying to out finesse each other at the net. Ventura deservedly took the 3rd set and Nalle's level just dropped a bit, but there wasn't the sense that this could be a 5 setter.

Nalle wakes up again and refocuses and put the youngster in his place and wins the 4th handily. This was the 1st time I have seen Ventura play and I like what I saw he will do well in the clay season, he has a good game for the surface and after he wasn't nervous he was a good opponent in this match and after he signed quite a few autographs which is always good.
Thanks for posting the report.

novanora
01-25-2005, 03:42 AM
This is true. Let's hope that David can upset Hewitt, then Roddick to make it to another GS final.
i am expecting David-Roger final in a Grand Slam!!! :banana:

niko
01-25-2005, 04:51 AM
These are from Gigan.

Björki
01-25-2005, 06:37 AM
OOP for tomorrow

Rod Laver Arena Start Time 11.00 AM
Mahesh Bhupathi (IND)[3]/ vs. Wayne Black (ZIM)[5]/
Todd Woodbridge (AUS)[3] Kevin Ullyett (ZIM)[5]

Not Before 1:00 PM
Lindsay Davenport (USA)[1] vs. Alicia Molik (AUS)[10]
Nikolay Davydenko (RUS)[26] vs. Andy Roddick (USA)[2]

Rod Laver Arena 7.30 PM
David Nalbandian (ARG)[9] vs. Lleyton Hewitt (AUS)[3]

I can watch at least 3 hours :) Vamos David

*Ljubica*
01-25-2005, 07:11 AM
And I can feel a migraine coming on already :devil:

NOUKY
01-25-2005, 09:12 AM
:worship:
I'm so proud of you David !:inlove: :worship:
I hope you can get through Hewitt, :devil: Roddick :awww: and Federer :scratch: to win your first grand slam title ! :banana:
You can do it !!!you keep on improving match after match ! Of course you're in the worst part of the draw but never mind you're beating players you had never beaten before ! It's so great ! And you're the only one who can prevent Roger from winning another title ! GO David ! :yeah:
Anyway well done !!!:woohoo:
VAMOS :bounce:

sigmagirl91
01-25-2005, 11:05 AM
i am expecting David-Roger final in a Grand Slam!!! :banana:

I try to see it, just to keep a positive attitude, but we'll see.....

Björki
01-25-2005, 11:13 AM
And I can feel a migraine coming on already :devil:
:lol:

willie
01-25-2005, 01:29 PM
there is something we know about david and is that every round he passes he plays better, how we say in argentina "se agranda"(jazz translate it please :) ), and after winning to coria for the first time he has gained new confidence to go kick come on ass.

sigmagirl91
01-25-2005, 01:33 PM
there is something we know about david and is that every round he passes he plays better, how we say in argentina "se agranda"(jazz translate it please :) ), and after winning to coria for the first time he has gained new confidence to go kick come on ass.

"se agranda"-gaining momentum(?!).

willie
01-25-2005, 01:41 PM
"se agranda"-gaining momentum(?!).

yes, could be :) , is like he plays better becuase he is in an advanced round against the number 3 in the world in a big stadium full of people.

sigmagirl91
01-25-2005, 01:42 PM
yes, could be :) , is like he plays better becuase he is in an advanced round against the number 3 in the world in a big stadium full of people.

Then he could be motivated...
I sincerely hope that David can pull off the upset. He certainly is capable of doing so.

jazz_girl
01-25-2005, 02:01 PM
I think he translation would be he gets bigger or gains more confidence too :)
I was listenning to Javier Frana yesterday and he was saying something interesting: "In GS David has a LOT of confidence in himself, it's unbelievable. But It's not something bad, it's not arrogance, it's a healthy confidence. He has an undying faith in himself"
It's not the exact quote, but that's pretty much it.

sigmagirl91
01-25-2005, 02:29 PM
I think he translation would be he gets bigger or gains more confidence too :)
I was listenning to Javier Frana yesterday and he was saying something interesting: "In GS David has a LOT of confidence in himself, it's unbelievable. But It's not something bad, it's not arrogance, it's a healthy confidence. He has an undying faith in himself"
It's not the exact quote, but that's pretty much it.

Sounds great. Hope that translates into a win for our David.
Which reminds me: that thread is still going on GM about what he said concerning Lleyton.

jazz_girl
01-25-2005, 02:39 PM
I don't know what's the big deal, he just gave his opinion and didn't say anything bad...

sigmagirl91
01-25-2005, 02:40 PM
I don't know what's the big deal, he just gave his opinion and didn't say anything bad...

I don't know what the big deal is either. They're making him out to be a crybaby, when that's not the case. He just stated a personal opinion.

RogiFan88
01-25-2005, 04:57 PM
Vamos, David, just beat Hewitt!

*Ljubica*
01-25-2005, 05:13 PM
I don't know what the big deal is either. They're making him out to be a crybaby, when that's not the case. He just stated a personal opinion.

When you've got evil b**ches around like tangerine_dream what do you expect? Her latest comment about "sending him home crying to his mama" coming so soon after his Dad's death is so insensitive I feel like reporting her.

sigmagirl91
01-25-2005, 05:14 PM
When you've got evil b**ches around like tangerine_dream what do you expect? Her latest comment about "sending him home crrying to his mama" coming so soon after his Dad's death is so insensitive I feel like reporting her.

Why don't you? If you don't, then I will.....

sigmagirl91
01-25-2005, 05:18 PM
Rosie, it's done.

*Ljubica*
01-25-2005, 05:21 PM
Rosie, it's done.

I didn't think I could if I had her on Ignore - I admit I only went to "view post" out of a spurious interest! But I understand you have her on Ignore too - so maybe I can do it.

sigmagirl91
01-25-2005, 05:32 PM
I didn't think I could if I had her on Ignore - I admit I only went to "view post" out of a spurious interest! But I understand you have her on Ignore too - so maybe I can do it.

Check your pm.

jazz_girl
01-25-2005, 07:29 PM
I don't want to anzwer any of their comments. How is David a cry baby??? I thought Lleyton was the one complaining about the courts surfaces... :o

sigmagirl91
01-25-2005, 07:30 PM
I don't want to anzwer any of their comments. How is David a cry baby??? I thought Lleyton was the one complaining about the courts surfaces... :o

For real. And David commented on that too.

jazz_girl
01-25-2005, 07:44 PM
Changing the subject, who else is gonna be here tomorrow morning cheering for David?

sophia_c
01-25-2005, 08:26 PM
I will be here...I can't wait...I now have a very heavy cold....cough...cough...

:haha: :haha:

jazz_girl
01-25-2005, 08:28 PM
LOL!!!
So, what other excuses are the rest of you gonna use tomorrow at work? ;)

sigmagirl91
01-25-2005, 08:30 PM
Changing the subject, who else is gonna be here tomorrow morning cheering for David?

My ass will be in the damn bed. You ain't gonna find me here....no sir.

sigmagirl91
01-25-2005, 08:30 PM
LOL!!!
So, what other excuses are the rest of you gonna use tomorrow at work? ;)

I'm tired.....don't bother me. :o

fabolous
01-25-2005, 08:32 PM
i will be in front of my TV and cheer for him! vamos david!!!!

jazz, actually i am ill since last week, so i don't have to go to work (i am REALLY ill, not pretending;))but in this case, being ill is not that bad, coz i can watch tennis the whole morning:banana:

*Ljubica*
01-25-2005, 08:33 PM

And I will be here because my migraine is so bad I cannot open my poor sore eyes :devil:

Sorry about your cough by the way Sophia - do you think it will be better by the semi-finals on Friday?

jazz_girl
01-25-2005, 08:37 PM
i will be in front of my TV and cheer for him! vamos david!!!!

jazz, actually i am ill since last week, so i don't have to go to work (i am REALLY ill, not pretending;))but in this case, being ill is not that bad, coz i can watch tennis the whole morning:banana:
You have a great timing for being ill! j/k ;)
I hope you feel better really soon :hug:
Hey, there are a couple of pics in the David pic thread in which he's with Coria when they were kids. I haven't seen them before and if you wanna upload them in the Coria forum you're free to do it ;)

jazz_girl
01-25-2005, 08:40 PM
And I will be here because my migraine is so bad I cannot open my poor sore eyes :devil:

I'm sorry to hear Rosie!
I went to the cinema with my friend today, she wanted to do it tomorrow but I was gonna be too tired to go! LOL

willie
01-25-2005, 08:43 PM
jazz, do you know what time is the match and in which channel they will pass it???

jazz_girl
01-25-2005, 08:44 PM
It will start at 5:30am, and I think ESPN+, but I'm not sure...

jazz_girl
01-25-2005, 08:52 PM
With a win today, David Nalbandian will have reached the semifinals or better at all four Grand Slams. Roger Federer has not done that. Lleyton Hewitt has not done that. Andy Roddick has not done that. Of course, neither has Nalbandian, yet...
http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2005-01-26/d.php

*Ljubica*
01-25-2005, 08:55 PM
OK guys - tomorrow is a big day :eek: Though I'm not honestly so nervous as I was for the Coria match - will be proud of David whatever he achieves :) But it's 10.00pm which is time for me to go to bed - "early to bed, early to rise" that's me! So see all you other sick people :devil: on here tomrrow morning - 8.30am - good time for me :)

jazz_girl
01-25-2005, 08:57 PM
I'm not nervous either, I'll be thrilled if he wins, but I won't be too sad if he doesn't.
Good night Rosie!!! And I'll see you tomorrow here, cheering for David!!! :bounce:
:wavey:

justClaudia
01-25-2005, 10:06 PM
I'm not that nervous either...not like at Coria's match! That was kind of silly though,even by tummy hurt..and I smoked like hell!!

Now I'm a lot more relaxed..whatever comes and happens tomorow,It's all good!

Action Jackson
01-25-2005, 11:18 PM
If David beats Hewitt on Australia Day oh what fun.

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 01:13 AM
If David beats Hewitt on Australia Day oh what fun.

Happy happy.....joy joy.....

novanora
01-26-2005, 03:49 AM
With a win today, David Nalbandian will have reached the semifinals or better at all four Grand Slams. Roger Federer has not done that. Lleyton Hewitt has not done that. Andy Roddick has not done that. Of course, neither has Nalbandian, yet...
http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2005-01-26/d.php
yeah, so far only Andre Agassi did it.

I got up early to watch Molik's match against Davenport. The local spectators are quite crazy to the match!!! think they will be more crazy in Hewitt's match~ as Molik already lost, they could put more expectation on their potato.
I will stick to my TV this afternoon to watch David's QF match, and online after it. Today will be another surprise and good news :banana:

Björki
01-26-2005, 06:31 AM
I probably won't join today as I'll watch the match
and the PC is in another room.

VAMOS DAVID.

novanora
01-26-2005, 06:56 AM
I probably won't join today as I'll watch the match
and the PC is in another room.

VAMOS DAVID.
see u after the match, Björki~ :hug:
hope we all can get good news from our tv.

*Ljubica*
01-26-2005, 07:01 AM
OK Bjorki and Nova - catch up with you later :) My PC is near enough to the TV to be able to do both, although sometimes I end up with a bad back because I have to sit at an angle to see both!!! Must say I almost felt guilty when I phoned in sick this morning - but not THAT guilty :devil:

GWH - did you get tickets or not? If you did - PLEASE give David a big cheer from me :clap2:

*Ljubica*
01-26-2005, 07:39 AM
OK - out they come! David in orange - the same outfit as the Coria match. He looks surprisingly calm - Hewitt looks very nervous! The Aussies are good though - they gave David a very nice cheer when he walked out :)

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 07:40 AM
Hi everyone....they are out now...so Vamos David!!

jazz_girl
01-26-2005, 07:42 AM
I'm soooo excited!!!
According to Nadal, David has a lot of chances to win this :)
Vamos David!!!!
Till now the crowd was nice to him, I even heard some: Vamos David!

*Ljubica*
01-26-2005, 07:44 AM
I'm soooo excited!!!
According to Nadal, David has a lot of chances to win this :)
Vamos David!!!!
Till now the crowd was nice to him, I even heard some: Vamos David!

Yes - the Aussies are a good crowd generally. How's your cough Sophia :devil:

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 07:46 AM
Actually Rose, I am sick now....have tonsillitis.....I should never think about telling lies!!! :sad: :sad:

jazz_girl
01-26-2005, 07:47 AM
Just some words from Cañas:
I don't justify what Chela did, but Hewitt push you to do it. Chela's a calmed guy and the press is attacking him and overprotecting someone who doesn't deserve to be. Hewitt is not a good guy nor the nicest one in the circuit.

jazz_girl
01-26-2005, 07:48 AM
Actually Rose, I am sick now....have tonsillitis.....I should never think about telling lies!!! :sad: :sad:
OMG!!!
Sorry to hear!!!
Hewitt to serve now!

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 07:48 AM
OK, is it ready to start?

gravity
01-26-2005, 07:49 AM
I met a few Argentines during the last Hewitt match on Rod Laver. They will be there tonight cheering for David.... so he'll have a little support. Wish I could be there too but impossible with this being Australia Day and an Aussie playing. :p

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 07:49 AM
They're off...interesting words Jazz....seems we kind a knew that but its so nice to hear it from one of the players who is not afraid to say it.....

jazz_girl
01-26-2005, 07:50 AM
40-0 good service
40-15 UE
UE
*0-1

*Ljubica*
01-26-2005, 07:51 AM
Morning Sigma and Gravity :wavey: Gravity - I thought you lived in Argentina - why on earth did I think that!!

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 07:51 AM
Okay...David serving....man I love my laptop!!!

*Ljubica*
01-26-2005, 07:52 AM
Starting with his usual pathetic service game of course :devil:

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 07:53 AM
Hey, our commentator just said that maybe hewitt's muscles are more obvious but he would pick David if there was a fight!!!....me too...I would want him on my side

jazz_girl
01-26-2005, 07:55 AM
0-15 UE
0-30 UE
0-40 UE :rolleyes:
15-40 good service
30-40 good service
40-40 UE

gravity
01-26-2005, 07:55 AM
Morning all and evening Aussies :wavey:

I came over to Melbourne from Buenos Aires for business and to see some tennis. I'm only living in Argentina temporarily (wouldn't mind it being permanent) but will be going back after this tournament.

C'mon David!!!!!!!!!!!

*Ljubica*
01-26-2005, 07:56 AM
Hey, our commentator just said that maybe hewitt's muscles are more obvious but he would pick David if there was a fight!!!....me too...I would want him on my side

Me too :) It is so hot there though isn't it? They want them to close the roof I think - poor David is sweating so much already.

jazz_girl
01-26-2005, 07:56 AM
ad David UE
UE
1-1*

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 07:57 AM
C'mon.......game to David

*Ljubica*
01-26-2005, 07:57 AM
Morning all and evening Aussies :wavey:

I came over to Melbourne from Buenos Aires for business and to see some tennis. I'm only living in Argentina temporarily (wouldn't mind it being permanent) but will be going back after this tournament.

C'mon David!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah - that explains it! Good timing for the business trip ;)

Great hold from David.

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 07:58 AM
Well Hewitt will have to play hard to beat David...he knows that already...and yeah...David is sweating buckets

jazz_girl
01-26-2005, 07:59 AM
15-0 bh winner
30-0 long return
40-0 ace
ace
*1-2

jazz_girl
01-26-2005, 08:00 AM
David always sweat like that, I remember against Coria, the ballboys had to dry his side in a side change LOL

*Ljubica*
01-26-2005, 08:01 AM
David is looking at his hand a lot - hope he hasn't got blisters :sad: Aaargh - double fault - cut them out David :devil:

jazz_girl
01-26-2005, 08:01 AM
They're saying that David always lost in this round against the champion! :eek:
David win!!!
0-15 df :rolleyes:
Hewitt is so quiet...

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 08:02 AM
I'm following this match on AO TV.

jazz_girl
01-26-2005, 08:02 AM
15-15 good service
30-15 good service
do I need to say he needs the first serve in?
40-15
UE
2-2*

*Ljubica*
01-26-2005, 08:03 AM
They're saying that David always lost in this round against the champion! :eek:
David win!!!
0-15 df :rolleyes:
Hewitt is so quiet...

Our commentators just said that too. But they also said he was quiet at the start of the Nadal match too and only got noisy towards the end - I don't know - I only saw the last 2 sets of that.

jazz_girl
01-26-2005, 08:05 AM
If David lowers a bit his UE he'll be able to make more things. But he started every match like this one, I won't get nervous :)
*2-3

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 08:06 AM
Now, Hewitt 3-2. Hold, David.

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 08:07 AM
Hewitt is nervous....now Vamos David...

jazz_girl
01-26-2005, 08:07 AM
Here they're saying that if David wins he'll be the only active player, along with Agassi, in reaching the SF of all GS

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 08:08 AM
Yes...if you can do it so can I...brilliant shot!!! Clear winner

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 08:09 AM
More like that please david....

*Ljubica*
01-26-2005, 08:09 AM
David is playing a very wise match so far I think. He's had a couple of dubious calls but decided not to question - he doesn't want to alienate the crowd - good for him - he's very quiet and they are respecting him so far.

jazz_girl
01-26-2005, 08:11 AM
David is playing a very wise match so far I think. He's had a couple of dubious calls but decided not to question - he doesn't want to alienate the crowd - good for him - he's very quiet and they are respecting him so far.
I agree, and I doubt those line calls too!!!

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 08:12 AM
Damn...break point

*Ljubica*
01-26-2005, 08:13 AM
I agree, and I doubt those line calls too!!!

I think so too. Interestingly our commentators are saying that by this time next year the Australian Open may have the "hawkeye" technology to replay dodgy line calls. He's sure getting some bad calls :sad:

jazz_girl
The line calls are all against him!!!
It was not out!!!!!!!!!!!!1

sophia_c
Bad calling....oh no......3 in this game so far.....not good

jazz_girl
01-26-2005, 08:14 AM
They pissed David, he's more agressive now. Keep going!

bibi_s
Is there a link where the match can be watched online. I have no the possibility to watch it on TV.

sophia_c
David needs to calm down now...no repeat of Us Open....please

jazz_girl
David :worship:

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 08:15 AM
Yeah...c'mon.....

*Ljubica*
He MUST keep calm. It seems like this is how he is trying to approach this match - hope he can keep it up.

sophia_c
sorry...I don't know any links.....

*Ljubica*
01-26-2005, 08:16 AM
Is there a link where the match can be watched online. I have no the possibility to watch it on TV.

Not that I'm aware of bibi :sad:

jazz_girl
01-26-2005, 08:17 AM
Amazing point!!!! :worship:

sophia_c
Bloody marvellous!!!!

*Ljubica*
Fantastic point!

jazz_girl
Ad David df

sigmagirl91
Deuce on Hewitt's serve. Come on, David, break back.

sophia_c
yes...double...break point now

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 08:18 AM
Ad David. Get this....

sophia_c
was it wide?????

jazz_girl
another one on the line...

jazz_girl
01-26-2005, 08:19 AM
ad David, nice return!

sophia_c
Brilliant return....break point

*Ljubica*
was it wide?????

Actually I think that one was.

jazz_girl
01-26-2005, 08:20 AM
Ok, he started with his Cmon's LOL

sigmagirl91
Come on, David.....

sophia_c
sugar...sugar....sugar....vamos David......

bibi_s
Thank you. I'll be enjoying you comments and follow the live scoring!!!

jazz_girl
*2-5

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 08:21 AM
another C'mon...damn

sigmagirl91
I have a feeling if David loses this set, then he will lose the match.

*Ljubica*
I feel sorry for David - he only lost his serve on 3 dubious calls - but he's still behaving impeccably!!

jazz_girl
01-26-2005, 08:22 AM
Let's think that David lost the first set in almost everymatch in this tournament...A set doesn't say much ;)

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 08:22 AM
oh...did you see that glance from Hewitt?

jazz_girl
01-26-2005, 08:23 AM
I feel sorry for David - he only lost his serve on 3 dubious calls - but he's still behaving impeccably!!
I agree...

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 08:23 AM
c'mon David.......

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 08:24 AM
he needs to hold here to serve first in the second set...now c'mon

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 08:24 AM
I must stop saying C'mon....I'm beginning to sound like Hewitt

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 08:25 AM

Try AO TV on the AO site.

sophia_c
Good serve

jazz_girl
from being 0-40 to be 40-40, he did it again

jazz_girl
01-26-2005, 08:26 AM
Now Hewitt complains on somthing. Shut up!!! You broke thanks to them!

jazz_girl
01-26-2005, 08:27 AM
3-5*

sophia_c
How does it feel to get a bad call Lleyton???

*Ljubica*
That was one hell of a bad line call went David's way for once.

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 08:30 AM
Two sp's for David. I don't think he'll win, you all.

jazz_girl
3-6 *0-0
It should be 5-5 by now, or at least 4-5...

sigmagirl91
Opening set-Hewitt.

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 08:31 AM
3-6 *0-0
It should be 5-5 by now, or at least 4-5...

I know. Now David must step it up. Lleyton doesn't look like he's injured.

sophia_c
Damn...now David needs to start again....

jazz_girl
I know. Now David must step it up. Lleyton doesn't look like he's injured.
I know, no one ever seems to be injured :rolleyes:

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 08:32 AM
Damn...now David needs to start again....

I don't think that David will win-unless Hewitt has a monumental collapse of some kind. I hope that David can come back, but I highly doubt it.

*Ljubica*
01-26-2005, 08:32 AM
I honestly don't think David will win this - but -you know - I'm so calm about it :) Whatever will be -will be -I'm just proud that he is in the quarter final again.

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 08:33 AM
Come on, David, take at least ONE set from him.

jazz_girl
apparently in the side changes they showed all the dubious calls and 4 of them were bad line calls favouring Lleyton! Even an ace from him...

sigmagirl91
Good that he's getting his serve percentage up but it may not be enough to beat Hewitt.

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 08:34 AM
I hope that he can start well this set and establish some rhythm.

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 08:35 AM
apparently in the side changes they showed all the dubious calls and 4 of them were bad line calls favouring Lleyton! Even an ace from him...

That's too bad. David needs to learn how to get over bad line calls and play his game.

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 08:35 AM
Come on, David, work his hip.

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 08:36 AM
I know, no one ever seems to be injured :rolleyes:

No one ever, it seems.....

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 08:39 AM
He needs to get on task here....

jazz_girl
01-26-2005, 08:39 AM
So many stupid UE!!!! :mad:

jazz_girl
01-26-2005, 08:40 AM
2-1*

niko
Good morning! I'm watching the match on Arabic TV not a good quality and watching the score board at the same time. I think 2 set will be decisive.

sigmagirl91
He needs to get on task here....

True...what the hell is he doing? He can't do this crazy shit against Lleyton. He eats this up....

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 08:41 AM
I'm not sure if David looks up for this.....

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 08:41 AM
Thank goodness for small miracles-he holds.

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 08:42 AM
Good morning! I'm watching the match on Arabic TV not a good quality and watching the score board at the same time. I think 2 set will be decisive.

I think so too. If David claims it, then he will start to feel as if he can win this. I hope he can capture the second set.

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 08:42 AM
Okay...new dry shirt...now Vamos!!!!

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 08:43 AM
0-30...c'mon!!!

sigmagirl91
They both are serving like chicken shit.

sigmagirl91
0-30. Vamos, baby.

niko
01-26-2005, 08:44 AM
The Arabic TV is on http://******************/

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 08:44 AM
15-30.

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 08:45 AM
Damn, Hewitt is serving like shit.

sophia_c
15-40.....and Lleyton's mad!!! hahaha

jazz_girl
LLEYTON'S MAD! with no reason...

niko
He's got to break him.

sigmagirl91
Two bp's for David. Come on, tank ass, make one of these.

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 08:46 AM
oh...s***.....bad miss

jazz_girl
shit David!!!!! :mad:
He can't miss that!

*Ljubica*
What a f***** awful volley David :banghead:

sigmagirl91
One more, David. Get this, you stupid bastard.

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 08:47 AM
the c'mons have started.....

jazz_girl
deuce and now Hewitt starting screaming!
Shit!!!!!!!!!!

sigmagirl91
Hewitt is really off on his service....deuce...

jazz_girl
01-26-2005, 08:48 AM
ad hewitt!
He should have broken him already

sigmagirl91
Get the AD, damn it....
Ad Hewitt....come on David....

sophia_c
Vamos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Ljubica*
He's doing the good old "Come Ons" when David makes a mistake :devil: And David is soooo cool!

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 08:49 AM
Deuce again. Good point.

niko
David is making lots of easy mistakes.

sophia_c
Ops david is mad

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 08:50 AM
Throw in a double, Lleyton....

jazz_girl
*2-2
I cannot believe he held :rolleyes:

sophia_c
No..no....not the way to do it......take your chances David....

sigmagirl91
Come on...hold your serve, David.....

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 08:51 AM
What was that??? don't drop shot like that....

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 08:51 AM
Icky play....

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 08:52 AM
I can't watch this..now the crowd are getting into it....

sigmagirl91
Come on, David...get back in this game....

*Ljubica*
David has only himself to blame for all those mistkaes - especially that volley at 15-40 :devil: He needs some lessons from Tim Henman! Watch him lose his own serve now :devil:

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 08:53 AM
15-30. Come on....

sophia_c
ops...there goes a racket

jazz_girl
I don't wanna watch this match anymore...

sigmagirl91
Two bp's for Lleyton....come on, David....

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 08:54 AM
Hewitt up 3-2 with a break. Damn it....

jazz_girl
and he breaks
and Hewitt passed david and kind of pushed him, and David turned down to look at him...

sophia_c
F***........what is he up to...he can only blame himself......can you imagine what the t_d girl is saying now...or what she will have to say later........ahhhhhhhhhhhh

sigmagirl91
You all, for all practical purposes, David is outta here.....

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 08:55 AM
F***........what is he up to...he can only blame himself......can you imagine what the t_d girl is saying now...or what she will have to say later........ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Whatever for her....

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 08:55 AM
Was Hewitt barging him?....

bibi_s
01-26-2005, 08:56 AM
Thank you Niko

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 08:57 AM
I think this thing's over....

sigmagirl91
Yeah, it's really over....

sigmagirl91
Who's all for conceding defeat?

jazz_girl
Was Hewitt barging him?....
I think so and the commentators are trashing Hewitt for his behaviour.

niko
Terrible.

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 08:58 AM
David has no chance in hell of winning this match. Shit, I might as well go back to bed and let this thing go on....

sigmagirl91
01-26-2005, 08:58 AM
I think so and the commentators are trashing Hewitt for his behaviour.

Good....

*Ljubica*
01-26-2005, 08:59 AM
I plan to completely ignore t_d - treat the b**** with the contempt she deserves. I'll just post that I'm proud of David reaching the querters and leave her to pour out her vitriol with no one to answer her.

sigmagirl91
LOL @ this match....

niko
It's not over untill it's over.

sophia_c
01-26-2005, 09:00 AM
Hey all I'm going to go see Matt....I can't watch this.....maybe if I leave david will actually start to play....