Whos going? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Whos going?

Aleksa's Laydee
01-07-2005, 10:34 PM
I am... ;) :wavey:

edit: forgot to edit this earlier but i cant go anymore...uni stuff got in the way :sad: i will go though one day :D

ae wowww
01-07-2005, 10:51 PM
I am... ;) :wavey:
Lucky... girl.
2006 is my USO :D

Aleksa's Laydee
01-09-2005, 12:22 PM
Lucky... girl.
2006 is my USO :D

i should be going then agin too :lol:

Leena
01-10-2005, 10:09 PM
I'll probably be attending qualies and/or early rounds.

Aleksa's Laydee
02-12-2005, 07:32 PM
I'll probably be attending qualies and/or early rounds.

thats what i'm doing, i'm going to see alex in the quallies mainly :lol: :angel:

aceit
02-13-2005, 05:15 PM
I'm going atleast once. :) I have a few months to think of how to persuade my parents into taking me more days. ;)

SwissMister1
02-23-2005, 12:10 AM
My plan right now is to go for a day or two of qualies and the first two days of the tournament with some friends.

I also may stop by the Bronx challenger the weekend before, since I have some friends in the Boogie Down Bronx that I would probably see that night. Has anyone ever been to the challenger there?

Chloe le Bopper
04-01-2005, 07:40 AM
I hope to go. It will be my fourth year in a row. I live like a scrub all summer to do it, but it's worth it :)

Chloe le Bopper
04-01-2005, 07:41 AM
My plan right now is to go for a day or two of qualies and the first two days of the tournament with some friends.

That's what I did last year and it was great. I much prefered my trip last year to the other years, where I didn't go to qualies at all.

Oh, and I go "alone", more or less. I have people that i meet up with each year from years past, but that's it. If any MTFers want to meet up, PM me closer to the event. It's fun to meet people :)

bad gambler
04-01-2005, 02:55 PM
like to go but can't see it happening this year - can't justify staying one month in nth america given i will be going to montreal

Chloe le Bopper
04-06-2005, 05:26 AM
Camp out for two weeks inbetween ;)

bad gambler
04-06-2005, 08:38 AM
where? in central park?

Chloe le Bopper
04-07-2005, 06:56 AM
Sounds good to me. You can hang with that guy who sold me a postcard a couple years ago. He seemed like a nice chap.

El Legenda
04-07-2005, 08:31 AM
where? in central park?

You can easly crash at a hotel without paying....talking from experience..good ol' "Westin" at Indy last year....ohhh the highschool days were fun...

1st night...sleep in catwalk that connects the westin and RCA dome...2nd night- 4th floor launge...no one checks those haha ;)

Chloe le Bopper
04-09-2005, 07:38 AM
Hmm. Sleeping in public places. Why didnt' this occur to me! What a great way to save money.

bad gambler
04-09-2005, 08:11 AM
You can easly crash at a hotel without paying....talking from experience..good ol' "Westin" at Indy last year....ohhh the highschool days were fun...

1st night...sleep in catwalk that connects the westin and RCA dome...2nd night- 4th floor launge...no one checks those haha ;)

ahh i think i'll pass on that option duckman

Smankyou
04-10-2005, 06:33 AM
Hmm. Sleeping in public places. Why didnt' this occur to me! What a great way to save money.
I've tried this. And I always wake up to find some freak of a man looking at me.

stebs
07-12-2005, 09:42 PM
too expensive for me to go. Only RG and Wimby are within my price range. I'll make sure I go at least once in my life though.

Laura12
07-15-2005, 06:45 PM
I'm going to the Men's Final.

Anik
07-15-2005, 07:17 PM
maybe saturday and sunday...

bharpiy
08-01-2005, 07:58 PM
i plan on going for one day in the qualies and one session (hopefully quarterfinals) during the 2nd week.. damn this work.. wish i could go every day! i have coupon for buy 1 ticket get 1 free if anyone is interested.

sugar daddy
08-11-2005, 02:15 AM
Ballboying, so I'm gonna be there every single day...:)

tennisphan
08-11-2005, 09:34 PM
i be there, at least 6 times.

so far im going
Thursday
Saturday
Monday (courtside in louis armstrong!)
2nd Wednesday night (qf)
2nd Thursday night (qf)
Semis
Finals

and any other day I can get out of work by 1ish!! but definitely 1st or 2nd day

knight_ley
08-14-2005, 01:07 AM
i believe Jess (savestheday91) and i are going up for three days... the first sunday & monday and possibly the first weekend :) we'll see!!!!!!

savesthedizzle
08-14-2005, 04:16 AM
I want to go, but alas August 29 is the first day of classes. I move up to school the 25. So I'd move to Syracuse the 25 and come back to Jersey to go to the USO? Unfortunately.... not going to happen.

savesthedizzle
08-14-2005, 06:34 AM
Ok! I lied. I'm totally going to qualifying on the 23rd :)

knight_ley
08-14-2005, 05:42 PM
I'm going with my friend Krista. Vamos!!!!!!! I think we're gonna do 2 days in week 1 and 2 days in week 2. :woohoo:

Fee
08-14-2005, 10:28 PM
I want to go, since I have a free plane ticket, but I cannot figure out where the hell to stay. Where can I find a hotel room for less than a hundred a night that allows me to take the subway to the grounds each day? (First three days of main draw?)

sugar daddy
08-15-2005, 05:06 AM
Dont forget to check out the fountain!

Chloe le Bopper
08-15-2005, 07:26 AM
Apparently I"m just going to qualifying now. Awesome :)

Scotso
08-15-2005, 12:41 PM
I want to go, since I have a free plane ticket, but I cannot figure out where the hell to stay. Where can I find a hotel room for less than a hundred a night that allows me to take the subway to the grounds each day? (First three days of main draw?)

Stay in a hostel. There are some in Flushing that even have private rooms for like $30-40 a night.

savesthedizzle
08-16-2005, 03:16 AM
If anyone else is going to quallies on the 23rd, let me know and perhaps we can meet up or something. It is pretty much confirmed that I'll be there that day (unless the weather is crap)

SwissMister1
08-17-2005, 04:32 PM
Just took my vacation time from work. I'm goin up for Thurs. and Fri. of qualifying, then hanging out with my sister and seeing some friends in NYC over the weekend, and then going to Mon.-Wed. of the first round.

Fee, there isnt much under 100, although the Super 8 motels in Long Island City and Jamiaca are both under 100, and near subway stations, but they might be shady to stay at, I just know they came up when I was looking at places. If you are willing to spend around 120 a night, the Pan American Hotel in Elmurst seemed nice and is near the subway. I have some friends that r coming up Mon-Wed to watch the first round, so I booked a room at a Ramada for those days, it was around 125, but not near a subway.

Fee
08-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the info. I will never stay at another Super 8 again, in any city. The last one I stayed at was just filthy and I swore I would never do it again. Motel 6 is cleaner.

A friend is going to go with me now, so I can up the budget a little bit to about $150 a night for the two of us. I'm going to the Triple A office to get some help on this one. New York is just too confusing to me! (She wants to stay at one of the player hotels, not in my budget...)

SwissMister1
08-17-2005, 09:45 PM
$150 should definitely get you a decent place. All I ask for is a clean, safe place with parking and a continental breakfast, though; so I am easy to please.

whosnext
08-18-2005, 05:49 PM
The Ramada Plaza Hotel at 37-10 114st Queens/Laguardia, NY 11368 is within walking distance to the Open. It's about a 15 minute walk to the National Tennis Center, i think that hotel is a safe choice. However, the rates do start at 170.

The Best Western (Eden Park Hotel) 113-10 Horace Harding Expressway in Flushing, is half a mile from the Tennis Center so its within walking distance. The rates start at 129. I think it also offers a continental breakfast.

If you can afford the Ramada Plaza that would be a better place since its a little closer to the tennis. And if you want to use the subway to visit Manhattan you should chose the Ramada since its closer to the subway which is right across from the tennis.

P.S.- if you were to be going to the Open by car, there are parking lots right about where both hotels are. So if you are staying at either hotel, you would be walking the same distance to the Open as the other spectators, so it isn't a bad distance to walk as you could tell.

Just wanted to offer some help since I know that area. Hope it wasn't too confusing.

Fee
08-18-2005, 06:45 PM
That was very helpful. I was told by another friend to look for hotels along the subway's 7 line because that's the one that goes straight to the Tennis Center. So I'll do that as well. The Ramada sounds interesting, I'll see if I can get the rate down with any of my discount programs. Then all I have to do is figure out how to get from Long Island/Islip airport.

ae wowww
08-19-2005, 07:22 PM
Sleep in your car, my advice :lol: Have a great one, Fee!

Fee
08-19-2005, 09:34 PM
My car will be three thousand miles away, parked in my driveway. :D

Angle Queen
08-26-2005, 07:35 PM
Me!

We'll be in NYC Labor Day weekend and the husband has agreed to stay over an extra day so we could go. He HATES tennis so this is a major treat for me.

We'll be staying up in Westchester (for family reasons) but his grandmother's place in the Bronx in less than a block away from the No. 2 line (I think). We can park there and ride the subway in.

I think I've talked him into a grounds pass rather than trying to get into one of the main stadiums. I hate sitting in nosebleed seats and much prefer the concept of wandering around. I presume the doubles will be in full swing (provided they don't protest) and that's what I'd love to see. IF, however, Lleyton or Andy is playing on that Tuesday....I'll be very, very tempted to upgrade.

Tennis Mag warns against scalped tickets so I'll just have to be very careful what goes on.

Anyhow, I am soooo excited!!!!

Fee
08-26-2005, 08:42 PM
Oh man, when I saw you posted in this thread I was hoping you would be there the same days as me. Bummer for me, but I hope you have a great time!

SaFed2005
08-27-2005, 02:05 AM
I went to watch some of the qualifiers since I live 15 minutes away from the stadium. I am also going the first 4 nights :)

Angle Queen
08-29-2005, 07:34 PM
I went to watch some of the qualifiers since I live 15 minutes away from the stadium. I am also going the first 4 nights :):yeah: Very nice. Be sure and post some of what you saw.

Angle Queen
08-31-2005, 01:32 PM
IF, however, Lleyton or Andy is playing on that Tuesday....I'll be very, very tempted to upgrade.:sad: Well, Andy's outa the mix.

C'moooon, Lleyton. I still gotta have hope.

(Ok, Max...if you're there, I'll be there ;) )