frenchies at sydney 2005 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

frenchies at sydney 2005

Via
01-07-2005, 05:02 AM
saw micka just a while ago... what's his injury in adelaide? i think he looked all set to play. his head is shaved...

Via
01-07-2005, 05:32 AM
gosh it's taken me this long to work on a pic... i need more practice

Via
01-07-2005, 09:33 AM
you know camille (of arnaud) actually played today (and lost) but i didn't see her...

Anne-Claire
01-07-2005, 12:01 PM
Many thanks Via for the Update, it's a shame you didn't see camille but i think she'll stay a bit in Sydney maybe to see arnaud praticing and playing!!

Have fun there!!

Bisous

AC

Marine
01-07-2005, 08:48 PM
gosh it's taken me this long to work on a pic... i need more practice

Is it really Micka ? :eek:
(lacoste shirt ?)

Anne-Claire
01-08-2005, 12:09 AM
That s a good question MArine, at first sight, i really thought it was llodra but that lacoste's tee was really strange and then i thought it was JR Lisnar but he, too, is not wearing lacoste outfit but adidas, so i really dunno too!!lol!!

Via
01-08-2005, 05:58 AM
:eek: i saw him close up elsewhere too...... i couldn't have mistaken, even with the lack of hair???? lol i said bonjour to him too today!!! (though that didn't prove anything, did it) next time i must try using first names lol......

elsewhere olivier mutis played today but i didn't see it. i don't know of any other frenchie... it's hard to recognise all the new guys :unsure:

esther
01-08-2005, 06:03 AM
Mika wasnt injured, he was just sick. Right?
Thanks for the update tho. How are you geting access to the computer Via? You sound like youve having so much fun! I so want to go to Sydney next year or the year after that!

Via
01-08-2005, 06:07 AM
i'm at home now :) ... about time to eat dinner and finish the day early, for another early morning tomorrow :o

esther
01-08-2005, 06:10 AM
Ohhh ok. Have fun tomorrow Via!!!!

Via
01-08-2005, 07:46 AM
esther you had the most fun last year at aus open i think! hangdog didn't do badly either in st petersburg! you two get my frenchie 'fan of the year' award for 2004.

Marine
01-08-2005, 11:50 AM
Esther (with Seb and Arnaud) is the winner I think.
Irina is second.

Via, you can be the next winner, do something !!! ;)
But be careful, in 8 days it's the AO...Esther will probably try something else this year (talking in french maybe :o )

ahhhahhhhahh, as I'm off race (shame on me), I proclam myself president of "fan of the year" award comittee. :angel:

esther
01-09-2005, 04:10 AM
no way, i dont deserve the fan of the year award!!!! I was hardly following my poor players as soon as they started doing badly!!! If its about loyalty, then the award would have to go to either Marine or Via coz you guys have been keeping up the best all year.

Yeah last year's Aus Open was a one off i think lol. All the crazy ideas were put into then, we dont have much planned for this year... Although theres going to be SO many people i know coming with us this year, who knows what wil happen ;) I dont know if i'm going to speak French...im not any more confident than i was last year so probably not hehe.

esther
01-09-2005, 04:12 AM
BACK TO SYDNEY...

Arnaud won his quallies match against Niemeinen or whatever 6-1 6-0!!! And is in the main draw!!! I dont know who he'll be playing yet but he was ON TELEVISION...the whole damn match and i missed it *cries* Oh well. Means that Via gets to see more of Arnaud!!!

esther
01-09-2005, 04:13 AM
And he's playing doubles with Llodra against Guccione and Reed (ugh how much i hate those two).

lizabeth..*
01-09-2005, 04:33 AM
VIIIAAA DONT FORGET ABOUT FERNANDO!!!!!!!!!

(his hair is brown now!!!!!!)

and you will find him with Felliii!!!

Via
01-09-2005, 06:04 AM
esther we're counting on you for the daring moves.... kat isn't much help ;) ;)

liz i've seen feli a lot as he catches my eyes more easily i don't know why ;) but i still have trouble spotting fernando. i'll take photos of whoever on court anyway, and post the lot to a 'who is it' gallery. i think mtf members enjoyed the challenge last year, lol

arnaud's match on tv? urrrgghhhh (well although i saw it live, and mere metres away :lol:)

lizabeth..*
01-09-2005, 06:47 AM
if you see a really dirty looking brown haired girl hanging around...its his g/f! that might help ;) jeje.

thanks anyway!

Via
01-09-2005, 06:50 AM
oh now i have to check the g/f's cleaniness!!!!! lol this is getting harder........

ANY MORE PLAYER REQUESTS?? tomorrow i'm going as a free woman, not slave.

prazz_m
01-09-2005, 07:53 AM
thanks for that via! you sound like you are having such an awesome time!! only a couple of days for us melbournians i guess :D
i thought i'd put in a player request for both arnaud and micka - but i figure you'd probably see the ones i want anyway!!!
oh and if you could, while i'm asking for favours, would you be able to ask one of the two named above if they have any idea how richard is going with his chicken pox? i'm hoping he's ok!!
have fun tomorrow!

lizabeth..*
01-09-2005, 08:14 AM
Hehehe Via....Here is a err...recent photo of the boy. Just incase you need a reminder ... he is playing the first match on ct 3 tomorrow too!!! Your in luck!!

Will stop with the non frenchie talk now...let me know if you ffffiinnnddd him!!! :kiss:

esther
01-09-2005, 08:18 AM
Arent i kind, Via? I'm not bombarding you with requests, only for you to have a great time! ;) hehe (apart from the fact that i know you'll see arnaud and the other significant other probably isnt even in australia yet)

Via
01-09-2005, 08:14 PM
no problem with finding fernando today as he's literally listed on a court, lol!!!!

arnaud and micka may be a little harder to track down though ;)

whose significant other, esther?? yours, arnaud's.....? :p and what is that other guy doing, so lazy not playing tennis ?? we need more stars here.

esther
01-10-2005, 05:36 AM
yeah i thought after i typed 'significant other' the double meaning wouldnt make sense!!! How did you go in Sydney today, Via? Updates?

prazz_m
01-11-2005, 05:51 AM
I bring good news!!!
Arnaud and Micka won their doubles 7-5 6-1!! it's very exciting!
however, they will play the number 4 seeds - wayne black and kevin ulyett!
hopefully via saw it and will have some interesting anecdotes to tell us :D

Via
01-11-2005, 07:02 AM
not much, prazz.... at first i thought they weren't going for it, to save themselves for the singles tomorrow.

btw i haven't asked them about richard's chickenpox, lol......... not that i had the chance to say anything much, you know..... maybe i shouldve asked camille, lol

Via
01-11-2005, 07:05 AM
come to think of it, i don't think my english makes much sense to camille either. this couple is about equal when it comes to english conversation :0

btw can someone post an attachment wav file to demonstrate how to say 'camille' in french??? lol........ i had trouble today to get her understand me saying her name :tape:

Mel
01-11-2005, 11:05 AM
btw can someone post an attachment wav file to demonstrate how to say 'camille' in french??? lol........ i had trouble today to get her understand me saying her name :tape:

don't have a wav file, but Camille in phonetic goes: [kć'mij]
with the [ć] of bag and the [j] of year. The tonic accent is on the [mi].

Many thanks for the entertaining reports, Via! & keep enjoying your time at the tourney.

Anne-Claire
01-11-2005, 11:07 AM
Salut Mel,

regarde ce que je viens de donner comme explication dans "news Arnaud" pour la prononciation de "Camille" LOL

bizz

Mel
01-11-2005, 11:11 AM
lol, just saw it, AC. Via will be a champion in pronouncing Camille now!

btw... any plan about the Open 13 coming??

Anne-Claire
01-11-2005, 11:41 AM
No, I don't think so for Marseille... for the moment im going to the "open gaz" on 5th feb!! Marseille seems really far away...lol I still don't have any plans for the tennis this year, as im still looking for my "fin d'etudes" intership so i don't know whether i'll be in France or Abroad! I'd like to do Wimb this year! and you?

michelleg
01-11-2005, 01:22 PM
A-C, you're welcome to do your internship here :) Let me know what kind of position you seek (in what career field?) and I can scare up some offers....weather is very very nice this time of year.

Mel, sending you an email regarding BA/Marseille....

Anne-Claire
01-11-2005, 03:18 PM
Michelle, you've got mail lol

tennistory
01-11-2005, 06:27 PM
No, I don't think so for Marseille... for the moment im going to the "open gaz" on 5th feb!! Marseille seems really far away...lol I still don't have any plans for the tennis this year, as im still looking for my "fin d'etudes" intership so i don't know whether i'll be in France or Abroad! I'd like to do Wimb this year! and you?

Let's go for Wimbledon...

Anne-Claire
01-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Ok for wimbledon Cé but what about renting a little house for everybody in wimbledon village?? lol and then let's go the uso.....

Marine
01-11-2005, 07:02 PM
I'm starting to stress, I didn't bought my tickets for RG, usually I buy them in december !!! I need a licence for that... :mad:

Via
01-11-2005, 07:57 PM
another great language lesson! thanks mel :worship:

good to see everyone's planning ahead..... good luck :)

michelleg
01-11-2005, 07:58 PM
I'll do Wimbledon, but I'll never go back to the USO.

New York is seriously a cesspit, spent entirely too much money on car service, as the venue isn't anywhere near a decent hotel....ugh ugh ugh. But the Hudson has a great bar, fyi...

Anyone for Indian Wells? I'd go back there in a heartbeat. Montreal is a great city as well...

Via
01-11-2005, 07:59 PM
if i continue to make a good income in my work, europe and america won't be far away!!!! :zzz: lol

Via
01-11-2005, 08:01 PM
i'd love indian wells. i've heard from many accounts that it's great. monte carlo is another dream (expensive one). to economise though, the new asian tournaments would be fun, though i won't expect too many frenchies playing there.

michelleg
01-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Via, Indian Wells is really fabulous, the venue is incredibly fan-friendly, the fans there are polite (as polite as Americans can be,) they don't have grating accents, and you can sit on your hotel balcony, sip red wine and watch Nono shank a drive (golf, well better said as attempt to golf.) Its a nice way to end the afternoon, lolol.

Marine
01-11-2005, 08:15 PM
I wonder... where's the main close airport in Indian Wells ? Los Angeles ?? What's the way to this lost city in the desert ? lol

michelleg
01-11-2005, 10:59 PM
Palm Springs International (PSP) or you can drive from LAX or Orange County, but I wouldn't wish that drive on anyone....the traffic is wicked.