2004 Fashion Review: Andy's WORST outfits! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

2004 Fashion Review: Andy's WORST outfits!

tangerine_dream
01-04-2005, 09:51 PM
Andy’s 2004 Fashion Review!

Vote on the WORST outfits Andy has worn in 2004. :)

Please forgive me if: 1) I made a mistake and put a blue shirt in with the black outfits or vice versa: color-blindness, you know; and 2) if there are duplicate images here: some outfits seem to fit in with more than one category. :)

Here are the nominees for Worst Andy outfit of 2004:

The ubiquitous red striped outfit(Kooyong, Australian Open, Scottsdale, Indian Wells, Nasdaq-100, Davis Cup, Thailand)
http://img39.exs.cx/img39/3747/redstripe9vc.jpg

The blue striped outfit (Queen’s, Wimbledon, RCA)
http://img39.exs.cx/img39/1745/bluestripe0zr.jpg

The all-my-other-stripes-are-being-washed black striped outfit (TMS Canada, BNP Paribas, Cincy, TMC Houston)
http://img39.exs.cx/img39/79/blackstripe1ke.jpg

Classic whites (Queen’s, Wimbledon, RCA. As a side note: I wish Andy would’ve worn a white trucker hat at Wimby, that would’ve been cool :yeah: )
Honorable mention: the sweater vest outfit he wore during practice at Wimbledon; I know I wasn’t the only one who was disappointed that Andy didn’t wear that awesome club outfit during matches. :sad:
http://img39.exs.cx/img39/1946/whites3cn.jpg

The patriotic red-white-and-blue outfits (Australian Open, Siebel, Nasdaq-100, Kroger St Jude, Indian Wells, Scottsdale, Davis Cup)
http://img39.exs.cx/img39/1787/patriotic4ck.jpg

tangerine_dream
01-04-2005, 09:53 PM
The Olympics outfit
http://img39.exs.cx/img39/8556/olympics9ar.jpg

The solid colored black-and-white outfits (TMS Canada, BNP Paribas, Cincy, Thailand, TMC Houston)
http://img39.exs.cx/img39/762/blackwhite5eg.jpg

The Blue Boy outfits (Australian Open, Nasdaq-100, Scottsdale, RCA)
http://img39.exs.cx/img39/7387/blueboy5bk.jpg

The forest/puke green outfits (French Open, US Men’s Clay Court Championship, Rome)
http://img39.exs.cx/img39/8395/green2wy.jpg

The NYC subway map/art-student-threw-up-on-my-shirt outfit (US Open)
“I can’t believe I wore this outfit either!”
http://img39.exs.cx/img39/5467/uso8fs.jpg

Happy voting! http://www.terranuts.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin3.gif

Deboogle!.
01-04-2005, 10:00 PM
death I voted for almost all of them :sobbing:

Iza
01-04-2005, 10:53 PM
the USO 2004 is horrible ...I still can't get over that :scared:

roisin
01-04-2005, 10:53 PM
egh for the whites and the patriotic crap. tut tut andy, what were u thinking?!

Jennay
01-04-2005, 11:58 PM
Everything but the blue boy outfits ;)

Havok
01-05-2005, 12:04 AM
The all white (always boring in my book), the olympics shit that was extremely boring, and the blue stripe. :yawn:

I really liked the shirts that had the top half a solid red or blue color, rather than the stripes, but he always opted for the boring stripe one.

Gonzo Hates Me!
01-05-2005, 12:06 AM
Thanks tangy!! I personally love the green barf outfit, all the other ones, he's wearing the clothes, the clothes aren't wearing him. So, hands down, the subway map gets my vote!

PinkFeatherBoa
01-05-2005, 12:09 AM
The all white always gets my vote. ;)

aceit
01-05-2005, 12:12 AM
Does anyone LIKE that USO outfit? :scratch: Bleh, I thought that it was the ugliest thing he's ever worn.

tangerine_dream
01-05-2005, 12:44 AM
Aceit, I loved the USO outfit! :D :hearts: It was wild and different and got everyone talking about it. And I liked the puke green outfits, too. I especially like the combo he wore at Rome. I really hope to see Andy wear lime or orange this year, like he's done in the past. :yeah:

For my least favorite, well, Naldo and I tend to think alike help ;) I hate boring whites, even if it's "classy" Wimbledon. Had Andy wore that cool vest during matches, I would've changed my mind and loved it. But he didn't; and so he ended up looking like everyone else. :ras: And the stripes of all colors were boring too. I don't like a lot of white. I prefer white as an accent color, not as the dominant color. :)

Deboogle!.
01-05-2005, 12:50 AM
I don't love all white either but I loved the all-white 2003 Wimbledon outfit

J. Corwin
01-05-2005, 12:56 AM
All white or all black are always boring! But he gets an excuse at Wimby. ;)

aceit
01-05-2005, 01:02 AM
Well I respect other people's thoughts and opinions. :) I think that he went from such an amazing O3 USO outfit to a hideous O4 USO one. :p

And now I feel like going through what I think about the different ones. :)

Red: I don't see what's bad about it.
Blue: I love blue. I love Andy. :)
Black: Again, I don't see what's bad about it. I love your title for it "The all-my-other-stripes-are-being-washed black striped outfit "
Whites: It is kind of plain, but stare at that picture of him (2nd from the left) and you may change your mind about how he looks in it. ;) But he looks scary in the last all white outfit.
Patriotic: USA! USA! :worship:
Olympics: It's just ... odd.
Solid Black&White: Again, it's nice. Nothing bad, nothing great.
All blue: Refer to last statement.
Green: Green & white are my school colors so I liked it. :)
USO: :smash: :banghead: :help: :cuckoo: :shout: :unsure: All in one big mess, just like that shirt. :)

Mr. Man
01-05-2005, 01:50 AM
I love all of them except for the USO oufit. Awful.

MissFairy
01-05-2005, 02:30 PM
i like all of them, so i decided to refrain from voting...though i wanted to be included so! :sad:

roisin
01-05-2005, 02:51 PM
the wimby plain whites are always yuck but i liked them in 03 when they had that orange twang in them

MissFairy
01-05-2005, 03:38 PM
ahhhhhh wimbly whites are good roisin, how could you say such a thing? im hurt, hehe maybe i just like it coz i went there...:) it evokes great memories of my post exam time...mmmm...but i still love the whiteness (the orangeness was pretty damn cool though)

zoltan83
01-05-2005, 04:37 PM
:lol: at these USO outfits
I don't like his Olympics outfits.

Fumus
01-05-2005, 04:54 PM
I don't love all white either but I loved the all-white 2003 Wimbledon outfit

I always like that one alot too. Yea the NYC shirt was the best and worst outfit of the year but, I love it!! :)

Black Adam
01-05-2005, 06:23 PM
I do not see the None of them option when voting.........well i will go with the one worn at Flushing Meadows :sobbing:

Adman
01-05-2005, 08:49 PM
I think that the worst outfit that Andy nearly wore out from the amount of pictures there are of him the one he wore at AO and in Indian Wells and the Davis Cup.

Mowgli
01-06-2005, 05:58 PM
the worst outfits are the Olympic one (looks like a pyjama :scared: ) and the balck and white ones. yuck!

roisin
01-06-2005, 06:23 PM
ahhhhhh wimbly whites are good roisin, how could you say such a thing? im hurt, hehe maybe i just like it coz i went there...:) it evokes great memories of my post exam time...mmmm...but i still love the whiteness (the orangeness was pretty damn cool though)

ok well u are biased so u obviously like them! but they're so boring. i mean even the dash of orange helped it in 03 but this year they were as boring as boring could be. **yawn**

MissFairy
01-06-2005, 06:27 PM
ok well u are biased so u obviously like them! but they're so boring. i mean even the dash of orange helped it in 03 but this year they were as boring as boring could be. **yawn**
:sad: im sooo upset, i think i might cry, okaaaay im SLIGHTLY biased (please no laughing) but theyre slightly boring, but theyre CLASSICAL, yeahhhh and i dig that!
i also dig london, so that may be why i try so hard to to make you see the greatness of an all white kit against a backdrop of sunshine (ahem...sometimes, britain has sun sometimes??) and green grass....ahhh i love it!
:) :) :) :) :) :)

roisin
01-06-2005, 06:29 PM
yeah london is a pretty wicked gaff but honesty, andys wimby outfit was plain white. just a white tshirt with reebok on it. i really see the attraction. maybe if he took if off....*whistles*

MissFairy
01-06-2005, 06:32 PM
ohhhhh my gosh roisin right on! when i went to see him in his plain wimbly whites (that are GREAT, sorry i cant let it go!!) he took a lovely phat shirt change in the middle of the match, yup i didnt complain...yeah wimbly rocks!!

roisin
01-06-2005, 06:34 PM
yup i didnt complain...yeah wimbly rocks!!
if u did there would obviously be something wrong with u! :lol:

MissFairy
01-06-2005, 06:36 PM
hehe yeah id need my head checked right? :lol: maybe thats why i have such fond memories...but i just love the whiteness! the green rocks too, he rocks green like no other guy! (so much better than hewitt!!)

roisin
01-06-2005, 06:50 PM
in fairness now, it wouldnt be hard to be better wearing green than hewitt.....

MissFairy
01-06-2005, 06:54 PM
:lol: that is such a good point! :worship:
okay i think i had a moment of insanity, duh, of course andy was better than him :)
andys colour is green though, or red possibly, he looks yum in that...which is good enough for me!

roisin
01-06-2005, 07:03 PM
yeah the red really suits him as well dosent it!

of course the natural look is the best ;)
*ahem* - lack of top

MissFairy
01-06-2005, 07:12 PM
:lol: why of course...maybe reebok should sack thier designers and force him to wear a ummmm...non-shirt! :) thatd be okay by me, and you too probably roisin!
and then JCF's designers or marats should do the same
wouldnt you just die??

roisin
01-06-2005, 08:29 PM
do u know what, im guessing i probably quite possibly, more than likely, would yes. :p

MissFairy
01-06-2005, 08:31 PM
hehe but yknow what might happen?
other designers might follow suit, and apply the non shirt to....brace yourself...MASSU...
hmmmm
i'll turn over the channel thanks at that point :devil: sorry nicolas you were a hero at Athens, but i can only take so much....hehehehe

roisin
01-06-2005, 08:40 PM
oh.
my.
good.
god.

that should be illegal.

*shudder*

you've scarred me for life.

MissFairy
01-06-2005, 08:52 PM
ooooooooo my apologies...it was an awful image....:devil:
i didnt mean it
but just one more...
the non shirt expo match
doubles team...MASSU and LJUBICIC on the SAME team.....
what do you think???

roisin
01-06-2005, 09:00 PM
im leaving im leaving, i cant handle this i just cant hack it - i have to sleep soon, im gonna have NIGHTMARES!

MissFairy
01-06-2005, 09:05 PM
hehe im done now! sorry roisin...i forgot its quite late, i didnt mean it
okay
i'll make up for it
ummmm...lemme see

a sunny spanish beach...
(grass court)

JCF and andy practise under the midday sun with thier joint coach, roisin, she has made a non-bendable rule: no shirts
so they both obey, both wearing green and ummmm....looking yknow generally very hot!

better? im sorry again, lol :hug:

roisin
01-06-2005, 09:20 PM
ok u totally made up 4 it there. :drool:

you're 4given!

star
01-07-2005, 12:10 AM
I was reading in People magazine. Yes! People. :p And I saw a blurb.... one of those insets they have STYLES WE ARE GLAD ARE OVER: Eve was quoted as saying: Trucker hats! :haha: :haha:

Golfnduck
01-07-2005, 12:12 AM
I was reading in People magazine. Yes! People. :p And I saw a blurb.... one of those insets they have STYLES WE ARE GLAD ARE OVER: Eve was quoted as saying: Trucker hats! :haha: :haha:
LOL!!!! :lol: :rolls:

superpinkone37
01-07-2005, 01:49 AM
LOL star!! well we will see soon enough whether or not Andy thinks the trucker hats are over..I like them though so...yeah

roisin
01-07-2005, 10:14 AM
ah no not the teucker hats! they are so cool, as if andy gonna listen thouhg he'll have them back on in no time!

MissFairy
01-07-2005, 03:32 PM
ohh my gosh! i love the trucker caps..they were too cute, i think some people look lovely in them (ahem...andy and ashton kutcher :hearts: ) silly eve :p

roisin! you quoted me! lol i love it!! :hug: i feel so famous, i cant stop smiling :)
that tournement is gonna be in huge demand, shame theres only three tickets :devil:
hehehehe

Geniey2g
01-09-2005, 11:00 AM
I didn't like the US Open stuff, or any of the red/white/blue coloured business.

I did, however, like the all-white Wimbledon and Green RG outfits though :yeah:

MissFairy
01-09-2005, 12:16 PM
good picks Geniey2g, i like the USO outfit though, it was unique (duh) ;)

all-white wimbly, excuse me while i have a private celebration that someone else likes them! :)