2004 Fashion Review: Andy's BEST outfits! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

2004 Fashion Review: Andy's BEST outfits!

tangerine_dream
01-04-2005, 09:44 PM
Andy’s 2004 Fashion Review!

What we’ve all been waiting for: Time to vote on Andy’s best and worst outfits of 2004. :banana: For simplicity sake, I will stick with the outfits he wore during tournaments (no practice outfits except for Wimby, see below, no post-match interview outfits, and no off-court outfits either, so that means no ESPN Awards show pimp outfit to vote on. aww :awww: ;) )

I’ll try to post as many variations of the same outfit as I can find. Sometimes an outfit he wore may have been “eh” at one tourney but looked better at another because he used different color shorts/hat, etc. Impressive that our little fashionista can mix and match, isn’t it? ;)

I will break this into two parts: in the first thread you will vote for BEST outfit. In the second thread, you will vote for the WORST outfit. I’ll set it up so that you can vote for several outfits. :)

And maybe I’ll add a third part to the voting: most BORING outfit. :yawn: :zzz: :lol:

Also, please forgive me if: 1) I made a mistake and put a blue shirt in with the black outfits or vice versa: color-blindness, you know; and 2) if there are duplicate images here: some outfits seem to fit in with more than one category. :)

So here are the nominees for Best Andy outfit of 2004:

The ubiquitous red striped outfit(Kooyong, Australian Open, Scottsdale, Indian Wells, Nasdaq-100, Davis Cup, Thailand)
http://img39.exs.cx/img39/3747/redstripe9vc.jpg

The blue striped outfit (Queen’s, Wimbledon, RCA)
http://img39.exs.cx/img39/1745/bluestripe0zr.jpg

The all-my-other-stripes-are-being-washed black striped outfit (TMS Canada, BNP Paribas, Cincy, TMC Houston)
http://img39.exs.cx/img39/79/blackstripe1ke.jpg

Classic whites (Queen’s, Wimbledon, RCA. As a side note: I wish Andy would’ve worn a white trucker hat at Wimby, that would’ve been cool :yeah: )
Honorable mention: the sweater vest outfit he wore during practice at Wimbledon; I know I wasn’t the only one who was disappointed that Andy didn’t wear that awesome club outfit during matches. :sad:
http://img39.exs.cx/img39/1946/whites3cn.jpg

The patriotic red-white-and-blue outfits (Australian Open, Siebel, Nasdaq-100, Kroger St Jude, Indian Wells, Scottsdale, Davis Cup)
http://img39.exs.cx/img39/1787/patriotic4ck.jpg

tangerine_dream
01-04-2005, 09:48 PM
The Olympics outfit
http://img39.exs.cx/img39/8556/olympics9ar.jpg

The solid colored black-and-white outfits (TMS Canada, BNP Paribas, Cincy, Thailand, TMC Houston)
http://img39.exs.cx/img39/762/blackwhite5eg.jpg

The Blue Boy outfits (Australian Open, Nasdaq-100, Scottsdale, RCA)
http://img39.exs.cx/img39/7387/blueboy5bk.jpg

The forest/puke green outfits (French Open, US Men’s Clay Court Championship, Rome)
http://img39.exs.cx/img39/8395/green2wy.jpg

The NYC subway map/art-student-threw-up-on-my-shirt outfit (US Open)
“I can’t believe I wore this outfit either!”
http://img39.exs.cx/img39/5467/uso8fs.jpg

Happy voting! http://www.terranuts.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin3.gif

It’s obvious that Andy’s favorite outfits this year were the red-white-and blue threads that he wore practically everywhere, and of every combination. But I noticed that he didn’t wear any red shorts. Hmm… :scratch:

Deboogle!.
01-04-2005, 09:58 PM
I voted all wrong, but I liked the red he wore in that one DC match in Feb (the solid shirt with like the white under the arms), the all blue he wore at Scottsdale one time, and the blue he wore at Indy one time. That's about it. :ras:

J. Corwin
01-04-2005, 10:20 PM
I liked the green outfits. :p And the red outfits he wore early in the season.

roisin
01-04-2005, 10:29 PM
WOO 4 GREEN OUTFITS! they were hot, i loved those ones. green suits andy.

Golfnduck
01-04-2005, 10:34 PM
I like the all blue, the green outfit, the Olympic outfit, and the USO outfit.

MissFairy
01-05-2005, 02:29 PM
:worship:US OPEN OUTFIT!!!:worship:
rock on, that was simply the best (i love the green on the clay too, but that was all too brief!!)

roisin
01-05-2005, 02:52 PM
i know if he had worn the green for the US hardcourt season it wouldve been soooooooooo much better :drool:

MissFairy
01-05-2005, 03:40 PM
yeah i agree. but i think the scars of the clay season ran deep, so i think he may have thrown it out after the european claycourt section, hehe (i dont blame him) but on that note, i wonder what he did after he crashed outta USO? he was pretty upset then :hug: me mighta burnt that outfit hehe

Fumus
01-05-2005, 03:43 PM
1.NYC Shirt
2.RCA Shirt(durning Lubeadick's match)
3.Olympics
4.All white zipper shirt
5.My Shirt, all blue with the white stripe.

RodFan08
01-05-2005, 04:21 PM
I voted for the US Open outfit. Only cuz it's different all the others with the exption of the Green, got really boring for me this year. I wish I could've seen him more in the light blue US Open gear, he looks really good in that color. I also luv the blue shoes:)

aceit
01-05-2005, 04:36 PM
I like the blue striped the most. Nothing really stood out positivly this season with regards to his outfits.

:eek: The subway mess is winning!!!!

Fumus
01-05-2005, 04:58 PM
The PUMPS rock!!

MissFairy
01-05-2005, 05:01 PM
I voted for the US Open outfit. Only cuz it's different all the others with the exption of the Green, got really boring for me this year. I wish I could've seen him more in the light blue US Open gear, he looks really good in that color. I also luv the blue shoes:)

right on RodFan, those blue trainers are to die for, theyre so damn great! sorry for my enthusiasm , but i loved them at flushing meadows...they outfunk all other sports shoes, yeahh

Fumus
01-05-2005, 05:12 PM
The blue shoes were the Figjams for the 2003 outfit. 2004 was the grey pumps...awww...yea!!

RodFan08
01-05-2005, 05:17 PM
right on RodFan, those blue trainers are to die for, theyre so damn great! sorry for my enthusiasm , but i loved them at flushing meadows...they outfunk all other sports shoes, yeahh

Glad someone agrees. I hope he wears different stuff like that more often. Their just so cool, to me.

And I luv the shorts, no not just because their clingy-even though that helps lol, but I just luv light blue and their really shinny. Whatever that material is, I luv it :worship:

Whistleway
01-05-2005, 05:19 PM
i didn't vote. but, dropped by to appreciate the amazing theme picture collection of tangerine_dream. Simply, how many hours did u put in collecting all that??

hats off, tangerine_dream.. nice, very nice post..

Deboogle!.
01-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Tangy is a photoshop master - I bet it only took her like 2 minutes :p

MissFairy
01-05-2005, 05:20 PM
its weird though, his shorts are clingy (hehe not a bad thing i agree!) but his shirt is like XXXXL for him... hmm i ve thought this for a while...hellow call a stylist if you cant do it yourself!! lol
he would do so well with some style advice some of the time (off court aswell), he needs a GOOD, WELL FITTED suit, now that would be his best outfit ever! :) (i know its off court, but heyyyy...)

RodFan08
01-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Yeah, good job Tangy :yeah:

Fumus
01-05-2005, 05:22 PM
Tangy is a photoshop master - I bet it only took her like 2 minutes :p

2 minutes, wow, Tange is getting slow at her old age(kidding Tang, you aren't old, I love ya). haha as for me, I think it takes me about 2 minutes to open the program...lol...

RodFan08
01-05-2005, 05:23 PM
its weird though, his shorts are clingy (hehe not a bad thing i agree!) but his shirt is like XXXXL for him... hmm i ve thought this for a while...hellow call a stylist if you cant do it yourself!! lol
he would do so well with some style advice some of the time (off court aswell), he needs a GOOD, WELL FITTED suit, now that would be his best outfit ever! :) (i know its off court, but heyyyy...)

Wait are u talkin about offcourt or on, got a little confused?

MissFairy
01-05-2005, 05:24 PM
off court, lol a suit!!! i would love that :hearts:

RodFan08
01-05-2005, 05:29 PM
off court, lol a suit!!! i would love that :hearts:

Yeah I know, and it's not like he can't get one. I guess, I figures he can handel it himself. Sometimes I'm not so sure lol

Black Adam
01-05-2005, 06:19 PM
2.RCA Shirt(durning Lubeadick's match) :lol: :haha: Yeah me too :yeah: :kiss:

Adman
01-05-2005, 08:52 PM
The infamous NYC subway map US Open outfit has to be the best oufit for me for some reason I choose more individulal and unusual things instead of the more plain things, but I also like his French Open that is a very nice Green T-Shirt.

tangerine_dream
01-05-2005, 10:11 PM
I'm the same way, Adman. An unusual outfit, even if it's ugly, is better than a boring Addidas outfit that everyone else is wearing. :)

Whistleway, Rodfan, etc. thanks for your compliments! *blush* Sorry to say, it did take me longer than 2 minutes to put the collages together. lol Actually, searching for all the different pics took up most of my time. :tape: But I'm glad you all appreciate the effort. :D

Deboogle!.
01-05-2005, 10:25 PM
I'm the same way, Adman. An unusual outfit, even if it's ugly, is better than a boring Addidas outfit that everyone else is wearing. :)

Well, I sort of agree :) In theory, but the USO outfit was just bad. I actually preferred it the one time he wore it when it was with the black accents - against Nadal maybe? It wasn't nearly as bad. But seems like he only ever wears the color I like in something just once :ras: to andy

Sorry to say, it did take me longer than 2 minutes to put the collages together. lol

NO!!! :sad: you dashed my dreams :crying2:

:p

Mowgli
01-06-2005, 05:59 PM
viva classic white :bowdown: :bowdown: :worship: !!! the green one was very good too

MissFairy
01-06-2005, 06:16 PM
viva classic white :bowdown: :bowdown: :worship: !!! the green one was very good too
class choices Mowgli :worship: you have good taste, wimbly white rule all! :)

roisin
01-06-2005, 06:28 PM
im gonna come in here again and say that the green was the best.

MissFairy
01-06-2005, 06:51 PM
hehe underline your statement! atta girl...:lol:

green was awfully cool, maybe green will be in his kit again this year (please)

roisin
01-06-2005, 07:01 PM
yes...PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i loved that outfit, it was very andy.

MissFairy
01-06-2005, 07:13 PM
i thought when he played DC and wore american colours was awfully cute too...not as yum, but it was sweet (did he think of doing that or...?)

Deboogle!.
01-06-2005, 07:18 PM
He's a pretty patriotic guy, it's probably his idea :)

MissFairy
01-06-2005, 07:20 PM
aww i think that adorable! sorry that is so dorky lol
but i think patriotism is a beautiful thing (to certain extent, not all out crazy people) and i love that and i admire him greatly for loving his country so much

Deboogle!.
01-06-2005, 07:23 PM
I thought most players wore pretty patriotic looking stuff for DC, when they can of course... it's certainly a nice gesture :)

roisin
01-06-2005, 08:26 PM
andy is soooo patriotic, i reckon lleyton is as well. but thats cool cos im quite like that as well. i ate the head off some chap on holidays when he asked if everyone in ireland lived in cottages on farms. to say i was deeply offended is an understatement! :lol: its funny when i think back on that now.

i thought the olympic outfit was a bit too much, i mean it had an american flag left right and centre - even on his shoes! ok actually that was kinda cool. ;) i actually surprised andy didnt get a lend of mattress mac's fabulous american flag/shirt

MissFairy
01-06-2005, 08:29 PM
ohhh if andy wore that :eek: i might...i dont even know what...i dont know if alotta people like that shirt, but i think its one of those things that...ummm...should NEVER been made in the first place :lol:
although it certainly woulda got the message across that he loves the states, its hard not to notice really ;)