Introduce yourselves [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Introduce yourselves

Gonzo Hates Me!
01-04-2005, 02:21 AM
I guess every forum has one of these. A thread to introduce yourself to fellow fans! I think all the Fernando fans should say a little about themselves. I will start

I'm Mrs. Guga, my real name is Nwando. I'm from the east coast United States. I'm 20 and female

I started following Gonzo in the summer of 2003. I saw him play that same summer to. I do have a picture with him as well. :) I love him so much !!! I don't know anything about him as a person. But I love his strange style of play and I like that fact that he has had success with a game that isn't the most refined, nor is it the most trustworthy all the time. It's a gamble, which makes for an air of uncertainty and makes things more exciting :)

Peoples
01-04-2005, 08:08 AM
I'm 19, male. I don't really remember when I started following Fernando but he became my absolute number 1 after the ARAG World Team Cup in Germany, May 2003 which Chile won. I love his attacking play and the risks he takes and try to do the same in my own game, of course more moderately in the limit of my skills. I also have the same racquet as he does first because I believe it's the most suitable racquet for me and second because Fernando uses it. All I know about him is some featured videos and interviews and based on these he has the greatest personality on tour as well. What else could I possibly want from a player? :)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
01-04-2005, 08:29 AM
Hi,everyone! :wavey: I'm CrAzYgIrL. :crazy: Real name is Kwan,come from Hong kong,not old but not young,love watching sports,esp:tennis,snooker. :tennis: Enjoy Christina,Pink,Evanescence,Black box recoreder,Black eyed peas,Gorillaz...' music! :music:

I start noticing Gonzo :hearts: when he played against Roddick in 04 olympics.It was only the first time to watch his match,and I like his playing style,powerful forehand,pump when getting crucial points. :rocker: Finally he beat Roddick that really impressed me!!! :boxing::rocker2:

Fergie
01-04-2005, 11:42 AM
Hi all ... I'm Laura from Chile :wavey:

I saw Feña for the first time when he made his debut in Davis Cup against Arfentina in 1998, I felt impressed when I saw this boy leaving the life in the court.

Since then I follow all his matchs and have supported it always, in spite of he has had some disappointing years ;)

*Ljubica*
01-04-2005, 03:01 PM
Hi :wavey: This is my first post in this Forum - but I've always enjoyed watching Feña play, so thought I had better introduce myself too as I plan to visit here pretty often. Many people will know me from David and Gaston's Forums - but for those who don't - I'm Rosie from England, I'm just over 30 now which probably makes me the oldest person here :eek: I go to far too many tournaments (especially the European clay courts ones!), and apart from watching tennis my other hobbies are reading, music of all kinds, animals, going to the theatre and travelling. I've met Feña a few times on my tennis travels - he is a really nice, natural, funny guy and I hope for great things from him in 2005.

Action Jackson
01-05-2005, 04:01 AM
Gonzo is a great guy and I enjoy seeing him play as you never know what you are going to get.

I saw him at a qualies event I can't remember, but he definitely had something different about him and thought I will follow his results.

Yesterday, I changed my name to GWH by deed poll.

Leena
01-05-2005, 04:04 AM
I haven't posted here yet, so I should introduce myself.

I'm Leena.

Most of you probably know me already.

I love Gonzo's game, and he's one of my favorites to watch. Agassi is stupid for saying he'd never want to rely on having Gonzo's game. Gonzo's game is the best.

Corinna
01-07-2005, 04:07 PM
hey there!!!
just saw this forum and bcause i wanna be here more often...I'll introduce me :)
I am Corinna from Germany, 16 years old..and i started liking gonzo when he played against juanqui during the french open 2003... he lost but it was a tough and great match

@crazygirl: you love snooker? me too :hug:

Fergie
01-07-2005, 06:51 PM
and i started liking gonzo when he played against juanqui during the french open 2003... he lost but it was a tough and great match
This match was amazing :worship: ... How many mp Feña saved? 3 or 4, right? ;)

Corinna
01-07-2005, 07:58 PM
yeah...am not sure but just about 3 or 4

I♥PsY@Mus!c
01-08-2005, 08:56 AM
Yep,Corinna,I am fond of watching snooker although I hardly play. :rocker2:

Corinna
01-08-2005, 10:34 AM
you play, cool, i tried it once and i hardly hit the coloured balls :o

Peoples
01-08-2005, 11:40 AM
Hey Corinna!
8 Gonzo fans so far in total? :)

olimpo
01-08-2005, 12:44 PM
Make it 9 ;)

Hi everyone my name is Andrea and Fernando is my favourite player. I’m following him since the French Open 2003!

BTW we have a MSN site for him: http://groups.msn.com/FernandoGonzalezMessageBoard

Estefania_coriafan
01-08-2005, 07:15 PM
hi! My name is Estefania, i'm from Chile and 15 years old, I started following Fernando when he won Viña del Mar on February 2003

I♥PsY@Mus!c
01-08-2005, 08:46 PM
you play, cool, i tried it once and i hardly hit the coloured balls :o

In fact me 2,try to play but no level :o:p

Welcome other Gonzo's fans!!! ;)

Corinna
01-08-2005, 09:38 PM
In fact me 2,try to play but no level :o:p

Welcome other Gonzo's fans!!! ;)
good i thought i would be too stupid for that :o
how long have you been playing it?

I♥PsY@Mus!c
01-08-2005, 09:59 PM
good i thought i would be too stupid for that :o
how long have you been playing it?

About 2 yrs but as I already said I hardly play it,but I enjoy watching Hendry,Higgins,Marco Fu and many guys matches. :yeah: They are amazing!!! :rocker2:

cobalt60
01-09-2005, 12:39 AM
10 fena fan's now :D I go by Cobalt60 and I am from the USA. Fena is my second favorite player ( after Massu) although I started following both of them a little over a year ago. Love those South Americans :D
Fena has a game like no other- and maybe no game plan but that's what makes him so fun to watch. Exhausting to watch too ;)

Corey Feldman
01-09-2005, 05:08 AM
Escude...
real name is Mike, Mikey..... (please not Michael, hate it :help: )
:wavey:

Fergie
01-09-2005, 11:59 AM
Hi Mike, welcome here :wavey:

Corinna
01-09-2005, 01:03 PM
Escude...
real name is Mike, Mikey..... (please not Michael, hate it :help: )
:wavey:

mikey!!! glad you're here :hug:
and welcome cobalt60 :wavey:

Corinna
01-09-2005, 01:04 PM
About 2 yrs but as I already said I hardly play it,but I enjoy watching Hendry,Higgins,Marco Fu and many guys matches. :yeah: They are amazing!!! :rocker2:

yeah love watching it...this week there are shown some matches on dsf :yippee:

User ID 4783
01-09-2005, 06:51 PM
I also like Gonzo very much, I'm not his biggest fan but his first match I watched was the RG QF in 2003 and that was really exciting. :)
BTW, my name is Laura and I am from Germany

SuperRevelation
01-09-2005, 06:59 PM
Hi, My name is Josh. Im 16 years old and your fellow forum moderator for the futures and satellite forum. As you can tell in my sig, Chileans are my favorite players to watch. I am an American tho, so I like some Americans as well lol. I started watching and keeping up with Gonzo around the end of 2003/beginning of 04. I love his attacking style of play... The Chileans are very friendly and they have a good future in tennis.. Well I guess thats all I gotta say! :)

cobalt60
01-09-2005, 09:42 PM
Well ok I can't tell you my age cuz I bet I am the oldest here:-) But my name is Sue
and I live in a cold New England state :-) Love the chicos!

Fergie
01-09-2005, 10:55 PM
Welcome Laura, Josh and Sue :wavey:

Peoples
01-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Hi, My name is Josh. Im 16 years old and your fellow forum moderator for the futures and satellite forum. As you can tell in my sig, Chileans are my favorite players to watch. I am an American tho, so I like some Americans as well lol. I started watching and keeping up with Gonzo around the end of 2003/beginning of 04. I love his attacking style of play... The Chileans are very friendly and they have a good future in tennis.. Well I guess thats all I gotta say! :)
I was 99% sure you were Chilean :)

Björki
01-11-2005, 08:45 PM
I'm Peggy and I also like Fernando :bounce:

SuperRevelation
01-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Welcome to the Gonzo forum Peggy :)

Fergie
01-12-2005, 12:07 AM
I was 99% sure you were Chilean :)
Me too :lol:

Welcome Peggy :wavey:

Corinna
01-12-2005, 03:47 PM
hey peggy :hug: :wavey:

Clashcityrocker
01-30-2005, 03:07 PM
Fernando is the best !
hi everyone, i'm Cornholio :)

*Ljubica*
01-30-2005, 03:42 PM
Fernando is the best !
hi everyone, i'm Cornholio :)

Hi and welcome Cornholio :wavey:

olimpo
01-30-2005, 06:59 PM
Welcome Cornholio!!! :wavey:

Fergie
01-30-2005, 08:16 PM
Welcome here Cornholio! :wavey:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Hi! :wavey::bigwave:

angelical
02-27-2005, 09:59 AM
Hi everyone
Although I joined this forum a year ago, I haven't actually posted until now(yeeeah, don't ask lol). I'm Jean, 22, from Auckland, New Zealand. It was sooo much fun (and at times dangerous lol) watching Gonzo in Auckland earlier in the year (even better that he won!). Gotta love his tennis and he's such a nice guy (always seemed to have a smile on his face whenever I saw him around the stadium).

Tennis in NZ is unfortunately not very popular so we suffer from lack of coverage here :( c'est la vie...

Fergie
02-27-2005, 12:31 PM
Welcome Jean :wavey: :hug:

*Ljubica*
02-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Hi everyone
Although I joined this forum a year ago, I haven't actually posted until now(yeeeah, don't ask lol). I'm Jean, 22, from Auckland, New Zealand. It was sooo much fun (and at times dangerous lol) watching him in Auckland earlier in the year (even better that he won!). Gotta love his tennis and he's such a nice guy (always seemed to have a smile on his face whenever I saw him around the stadium).

Tennis in NZ is unfortunately not very popular so we suffer from lack of coverage here :( c'est la vie...

Hi Jean :wavey: - nice to meet you here.

cobalt60
02-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Welcome Jean!!!

kitzfan
02-28-2005, 11:33 PM
Hi everyone! :wavey:
My real name is Beata, I am Hungarian, but currently working and living in Macedonia, which is a great experience for me, both professionally and personally.

I`ve been following Fernando`s carreer since Cincinatti 2002. Even on TV it was obvious for me that he is a special player, who presents on court what I adore (charisma and fighting spirit) but unfortunately I couldn`t see him play live, so he was only one of the guys whose victories I was happy for (BTW, congratulations to Wayne Arthurs to his first championsship!!! :worship: .) Finally last year I had the chance to see Fernando play live in Barcelona and I realized that I like him more and more despite the fact that he has eliminated my favorites (he played against Mariano in the Singles and with Massu against Gaudio and Chelita in the Doubles- both great and entertaining matches- ). :)

But what really counts is that I lost my heart in Athens last year. I cannot describe the feeling I`ve had during and after his matches, but it was worth all the risks I took just to be there to see him play. Since then I am a big fan of his because of his big heart (and nice smile of course… ;) ). I think it is better not to start to explain the feelings about that Saturday evening in Athens because I am afraid I couldn`t stop…. :hearts:
As you can see one of my other favorites is Mariano Zabaleta and I really hope that they will be friends again. They must be!!!! But enough of this topic... :sad: Now, we should focus on the DC tie! VAMOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :clap2:

Hi Rosie, thanks for the nice welcome in the 1001 topic! :hug: I am happy to be here even tough I cannot post as often as I wished (bloody work… :mad: ), but anyway I can and will cheer for Fernando here in the future! See you soon here on in person somewhere!

Vamo Fena in Moscow! :wavey:

cobalt60
03-01-2005, 03:22 PM
Welcome Kitzfan- Of course I feel like I already know you ;)

*Ljubica*
03-01-2005, 06:25 PM
Hi everyone! :wavey:
Hi Rosie, thanks for the nice welcome in the 1001 topic! :hug: I am happy to be here even tough I cannot post as often as I wished (bloody work… :mad: ), but anyway I can and will cheer for Fernando here in the future! See you soon here on in person somewhere!

Vamo Fena in Moscow! :wavey:

Maybe in Barca in April? Take care and don't work too hard Beata :hug:

RogiFan88
03-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Hola! I like Fernando too and hope he has more success this year and helps CHL win the DC vs. RUS in R1! Not an easy task!

I saw him practise in Toronto last year!

Fergie
03-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Welcome here kitzfan :hug:

kitzfan
03-03-2005, 07:58 PM
Thank you for the welcome! :kiss:

Hey Cobalt60! I wonder why you feel like you already know me :) ... or maybe I shouldn`t? ;)

Rosie: yeeeees, I plan to go to Barcelona, but I still do not know how long I can stay. I will spend there the weekend of the qualies, Monday and Tuesday for sure, but I try to stay until Friday. It would be nice to meet you there! :)

olimpo
03-05-2005, 03:50 PM
Welcome Jean and Beata :wavey:

And thanks Jean for sharing your Auckland pics :)

FelipeMIA89
03-15-2005, 01:04 AM
Hi guys, my name is Felipe Guajardo. I'm 15 years old and I'm a huge fan of Fernando Gonzalez. He is the coolest player! I hope to see him in Nasdaq-100 Open. I'm a ballperson there so I might just have luck to see him. By the way, VAMOS!! Gonzo!! He just won against James Blake in 3 sets( 6/4 0/6 6/3). His next rival is Andy Roddick. Best luck for Gonzalez!!

cobalt60
03-15-2005, 01:19 AM
Welcome Felipe! He is a great player and just won in the third round at IW's. See you in Miami :-)

enqvistfan
05-29-2005, 11:24 AM
Hello,

I'm Val from France and fan of Fernando. He's not my favourite but number 3 !!

I discoved Fernando in the MS Paris/Bercy in 2002 when he was playing in a small court against James Blake. At that period, it was to see James Blake playing cause I had never heard of Fernando. They played a spectacular match in three sets and I remember that the atmosphere was great at that period. I remember a guy always smiling and he made me "melt" :)

Then, I saw him, he was playing the doubles in the same tournament with Andy Roddick. I went to that match to watch Gonzalez especially. It was a fun match.

In 2003, I saw him again against Blake and Blake won again in the MS Paris/Bercy.

I had other occasions to see Fernando, in Monaco 2003, at the US OPEN 2004, I took pics of him after his practrice. After the game, the beautiful eyes and the beautiful smile made me melt :)

This year, I missed him in Monaco cause I was there only for the qualies and practrices, and he won the final in Valencia. I saw him in Roland-Garros this year, at the Benny Berthet Day, he played an exhibition vs Kuerten, and at his two first rounds in the doubles. I didn't have tickets for his singles unfortunately. He signed me a picture thursday and has been very nice.

Well, Hope he'll have a wonderful year,

Vamos Fena,

Val

Fergie
05-29-2005, 01:36 PM
Welcome Val and Felipe! :hug:

Sparko1030
05-29-2005, 07:21 PM
I've been posting here for a little while and and haven't introduced myself. Actually didn't notice the thread which doesn't say much for my observation skills! I haven't been a Fernando fan for long (since the Olmypics) but what I lack in depth I make up for with enthusiasm. The more I learn about Fena the more I like him-so nice to fans and a great sense of humor. I've found out his style can drive one crazy but it does make it exciting.

olimpo
05-30-2005, 09:40 AM
Nice story, Val - thanks for sharing and welcome :wavey: And I totally agree about the eyes and the smile....it’s so fascinating to see him in person. ;)

And welcome Sparko of course :wavey:

Vamos Feńa
07-12-2005, 09:12 AM
Hello all Feńa fans :wavey: :wavey:
My name is Mike and I'm a fan of Fernando since I saw him playing at US Open 2002. I love his forehand and the way he plays. Also think he's a very cool guy who is fun to watch and who enjoys playing tennis :D
Feńa is always my #1 and I'm always cheering on him :D
Good luck Fernando in 2nd part of the season! :yeah: :hug:
P.S. Also like Chile very much, I wish I could visit that beautiful country. :D

GonzoFan
07-12-2005, 10:09 AM
Hi !!!!! :D I didn't had the chance before to post in this thread but just wanted to say that I am a Feña fan since I saw him winning in Viña Del Mar 2002 :worship:

I'm female and my real name is Maria Jose and I live in Santiago, Chile

I don't know what else to say about me :sad:

Welcome Mike! :D

I♥PsY@Mus!c
07-12-2005, 11:21 AM
Hola Vamos Feńa y GonzoFan. http://forum.fireblue.org/images/smilies/new/Pack-250/pash.gif Wow,I wish I supported him earlier like you. http://forum.fireblue.org/images/smilies/new/Pack-250/angel_not.gif
I like this country too. http://forum.fireblue.org/images/smilies/new/Pack-250/v.gif

Fergie
07-12-2005, 01:08 PM
Welcome Mike and Maria Jose! :hug:

And all of you are welcome here in Chile, I hope to see you here someday ;)

Vamos Feńa
07-12-2005, 04:26 PM
And all of you are welcome here in Chile, I hope to see you here someday Nice words Fergie, huge thanks :kiss: :hug:

Also thanks RaDiCaLgIrL♥TR and GonzoFan :D

olimpo
07-13-2005, 09:26 PM
Welcome, Mike and Maria Jose :wavey:

It's great that more and more fans of Feña are coming here to this place. :D

landoud
09-03-2005, 04:48 PM
hi everybody... i'm Linda from Egypt, i'm not a new member but it's my first time at this forum, acually gonzo is not my number one player but he is one of the favourits... may be my 4th fav. anyway, i'm 21 (22 in november) studing pharmacy...
i don't know what else to say... so c u all soon ( online ofcourse.. lol)

olimpo
09-03-2005, 05:08 PM
Welcome Linda :wavey:

Corinna
09-03-2005, 09:07 PM
:wavey: welcome linda :)

FelipeMIA89
09-03-2005, 09:41 PM
Welcome linda;)

GonzoFan
09-03-2005, 10:23 PM
Hi Linda :wavey:

Welcome to the Gonzo Forum :yeah:

Fergie
09-04-2005, 03:33 AM
Welcome Linda :wavey:

Enjoy your time here! :D

Papakori
09-04-2005, 10:17 AM
welcome Linda :wavey:

Pattyta
09-06-2005, 03:05 AM
[B]Well I'm new here, before all I want to say that my english isn't that good excuse me for that...
I'm from Chile, I live in Viña del Mar the same city of Nico Massú, I'm 22 years old, female, I'm student of Social Work.
I'm a big fan of Fernando Gonzalez EL BOMBARDERO DE LA REINA

Take care and read you soon
bye bye

Fergie
09-06-2005, 04:18 AM
[B]Well I'm new here, before all I want to say that my english isn't that good excuse me for that...
I'm from Chile, I live in Viña del Mar the same city of Nico Massú, I'm 22 years old, female, I'm student of Social Work.

bye bye
Welcome :wavey:

I'm from Viña too :D

Sparko1030
09-06-2005, 05:14 AM
Hi Linda and Pattyta! :wavey:

Pattyta
09-06-2005, 05:21 AM
Nice Fergie!

GonzoFan
09-06-2005, 05:26 AM

bye bye

Hi Pattyta :wavey: Welcome ;)

It's so cool to have another Feña "Teddy Bear" Fan around here :yeah:

I live in Santiago

btw I love your signature and your avatar :worship:

See you around :bigwave:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
09-06-2005, 06:40 AM
Hola Linda y Pattyta! :bigwave:
I'm sure Feña has lots of fans in Chile, :bigclap: nice to come here and talk about our Teddy Bear! :lol::smooch::crazy:

enqvistfan
09-06-2005, 09:42 AM
Welcome to the news fans : Linda and Pattyta
Enjoy your stay here :)

olimpo
09-06-2005, 10:28 AM
Welcome Pattyta :wavey:

It's great that more and more Feñaticos are joining us here :yeah: