from Guille's site today . . . [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

from Guille's site today . . .

boliviana
01-03-2005, 10:52 PM
This will be, undoubtedly, a special year for Guillermo… Aiming at the number one spot in the ranking that belongs to Swiss Roger Federer, El Mago began his 2005 season with a solid victory against Davide Sanguietti and then did his part playing a mixed double with countrywoman Gisella Dulko to give Argentina a 2-1 victory over Italy.

First, Dulko lost to Francesa Schiavone 6-3 and 6-1. Then Guille prevailed over Sanguinetti in straight sets, 6-1 and 7-6 (4), to tie the match 1-1. "It was a fun game, I was running everywhere and I really enjoyed to play today", he said in the post game press conference.

"I felt really well. I admit I was a little tired after playing two matches within a few hours, but I am really happy about how my shoulder responded. I am getting closer to not thinking at all when I serve. That gives me confidence on my game", Willy added.

Later that very same day, Guille and Dulko defeated Sanguinetti -Schiavone 7-5 and 6-0 to complete the 2-1 victory. "I was really happy to win my first mixed doubles, here in Perth", El Mago said.

Argentina will now face Russia on Wednesday, with Guillermo playing against Marat Safin, another contender to the number 1 spot in the rankings.

Russia lost to Germany in his debut, with Safin dropping his match to German Tommy Hass 6-3, 3-6 and 6-1. El Mago will face the German on Thursday. "Both matches are important to see exactly where I am. Marat was the second best player of the world in the last four months of 2004 and Tommy is back to his best level. I am looking forward to both challenges", Guille analysed.

If Argentina defeats Russia, it will advance to the semifinals of the Hopman Cup. "Gisela and I are looking forward to win the tournament. We are motivated and we feel we can defeat anybody", El Mago finished.

tennnisgirl7
01-03-2005, 11:14 PM
yay I'm so happy they feel they can defeat anyone go Guille! Thank you for the article.

Guille's Girl
01-04-2005, 01:06 AM
Muchas gracias Boliviana!!! :banana: 'Bout time they updated his site :rolleyes:

Micca
01-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Yeah! Long time since they last posted something! I wanna see more Guille matches on tv! :sad:

boliviana
01-04-2005, 02:15 PM
It's better when he writes something though rather than somebody else's version of events . . . but I guess something is better than nothing. Maybe the site will get rolling again once the season really kicks off. It was good to see him play the other night. He looked genuinely okay. Not as tentative as in Houston but I don't want to get my hopes up too much for the year.

Pancakesong
01-04-2005, 02:33 PM
Yeah! Long time since they last posted something! I wanna see more Guille matches on tv! :sad:

uhuh! I've only seen 4 matches of him :o

ataptc
01-04-2005, 02:52 PM
I've seen quite a number of Guille's matches :) I got the argentina-italy match on tv and most likely the one against russia too :)

Pancakesong
01-04-2005, 04:36 PM
:D cool:cool:

Guille's Girl
01-04-2005, 05:00 PM
I envy thee :o :p

boliviana
01-04-2005, 05:48 PM
do you get the tennis channel? he should be on tonight and if not, then for sure tomorrow.

Deco
01-04-2005, 07:09 PM
I don't get it:o

boliviana
01-04-2005, 08:38 PM
i didn't hit the quote button . . . i was responding to someone's (ataptc?) comment that they hadn't seen many of his matches. The Tennis Channel's coverage has been really good for the Hopman Cup.

Guille's Girl
01-04-2005, 09:15 PM
Yeah I don't get that damn channel either :( They should put some of this shit on Pay-per-view just like soccer and cricket. Hell I'd be broke :haha: I always am though. But oh well! I get to see the AO, if they show any of his matchs :rolleyes:

boliviana
01-04-2005, 10:38 PM
I can't stand the coverage on ESPN or CBS or NBC . . . it's so packaged. The Tennis Channel is so good at just showing you the match and their commentators don't have such blatantly biased opinions and you just hear the ball and the rackets and the grunts. I loved their coverage last year of Hamburg and Monte Carlo . . .

if you go to the The Tennis Channel website, you can sign your name on a petition to your cable carrier to get it.

Time Warner Cable offers it for $5 a month.

|-Safin_Coria-|
01-05-2005, 12:01 AM
$5 a month!?! thats it!?!? omgggg I must get Tennis Channel!!!!! :bigcry:

Guille's Girl
01-05-2005, 03:21 AM
Yeah I know but I CAN'T GET CABLE IN MY AREA. Damn satillite.

alita
01-05-2005, 05:48 AM
boliviana, thanks for the artical
So glad he felt well in the court! :angel:
So encourage!