Nico News and Articles [Archive] - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

Nico News and Articles

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

kidnicky
10-02-2007, 08:28 PM
I wonder if Nicolas could hear a little bit of what Marcelo is saying :shrug: ..El Chino can be something "special" sometimes but he is more than right in all what he said, esp in the coaches department :rolleyes:

thanks for posting it Fergie :hug:

NicoFan
10-02-2007, 10:53 PM
Thanks Fergie... :hug:

Rios makes a lot of good points.

And I hope Nico is listening to him about the coaching. Pato and Nano are totally the wrong choice.

kidnicky
10-02-2007, 11:00 PM
that was the best part of all what he said :angel:

Marcelo :worship: :p

Fergie
10-02-2007, 11:02 PM
Maybe Marcelo should be Nico's coach :p

kidnicky
10-02-2007, 11:07 PM
Oh my please don't say that, I love Marcelo giving his good opinion on this matter, I already have enough with NicoFan finding a girlfriend for Nico, Marcelo being his coach would be too much for me :sobbing: :p

NicoFan
10-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Maybe Marcelo should be Nico's coach :p

:eek:

Good grief... NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:haha:

NicoFan
10-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Oh my please don't say that, I love Marcelo giving his good opinion on this matter, I already have enough with NicoFan finding a girlfriend for Nico, Marcelo being his coach would be too much for me :sobbing: :p

Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry Kid. :hug:

And even though I think Nico needs to find a "nice" girl, Marcelo isn't the one that would help him do that, that's for sure! :lol:

kidnicky
10-03-2007, 01:12 PM
yeah, you with your obssesion plus Marcelo as a coach is the last thing that I need right now :o :lol:

Fergie
10-10-2007, 02:14 PM
:hug:

Nicolás Massú esta confiado en revertir la mala racha

Nicolás Massú (74º de la ATP), quien hoy cumplió con su peor racha en el circuito profesional, tras caer por séptima vez consecutiva en el debut de un torneo de la ATP, se mostró confiado en recuperar su nivel que lo llevó a ser el nueve del mundo y ganar dos medallas de oro en los Juegos Olímpicos de Atenas 2004.

"Me importa trabajar bien, porque si uno pierde la fe en si mismo es el problema más grave, pero si uno tiene confianza, las cosas cambian. Si los resultados no están, van a llegar y aunque me bajoneo", dijo a radio Cooperativa.

El viñamarino está confiado en que los resultados llegarán, y que para eso tiene que trabajar el doble para salir del mal momento, que los tiene hace tres meses sin festejar un triunfo oficial.

"Quedan dos torneos (Masters Series de Madrid y París) y trataré de hacer lo mejor, dando lo mejor de mí. Entrenó todos los días lo mejor que pueda, y en algún momento se tendrán que dar los resultados. No quiero pensar que es mala suerte ni que estoy jugando mal, porque no es el caso", dijo.

"Por más que la gente no crea en lo que pueda hacer, yo estoy confiado. Sigo trabajando de la misma manera, pero hace tiempo que no tenía una racha tan mala. No es fácil aceptar que hace tiempo no gano un partido, pero he madurado mucho con el tiempo y trató de tomarme las derrotas de la mejor manera", finalizó.

kidnicky
10-10-2007, 02:21 PM
thanks Fergie ;)

Nico :hug: ... and for me it is bad luck too :p :lol:

LOVELY
10-10-2007, 05:07 PM
I think los dos torneos que debe jugar son Madrid y St Petersburg :o (No Paris:sad: )

NicoFan
10-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Thanks Fergie!

Poor Nicolas... :hug:

I just want him to go home (for once). And figure out next season. (And find a new coach. Like a Jimmy Connors type coach. :tape: )

Fergie
10-18-2007, 04:21 AM
:rolleyes:

Massú descartó jugar en Sudamérica y se abocará a cerrar la campaña en Europa

El número dos de Chile decidió participar en el ATP de San Petersburgo, en Rusia, y eventualmente, en las clasificaciones para el Masters Series de París.

Aún en Madrid y aguardando ansioso por ver el partido entre Chile y Perú, el tenista Nicolás Massú (74º de la ATP) anunció desde la capital española que no participará del circuito de challengers por Sudamérica y que pondrá fin a la temporada 2008 en Europa.

Las dudas de Massú pasaban por incorporarse al circuito Petrobras, que recorre Bogotá (se está jugando esta semana), Belo Horizonte, Montevideo, Buenos Aires, Asunción y Aracaju, no obstante, el viñamarino decidió quedarse en el Viejo Continente.

Allá, el campeón olímpico jugará en el ATP de San Petersburgo, en Rusia, y eventualmente en el Masters Series de París, donde debe disputar las clasificaciones.

Su participación en el certamen francés dependerá de su actuación en el certamen eslavo, puesto que si avanza un par de rondas, renunciará a jugar en París. (Cooperativa.cl)

Alx
10-18-2007, 06:58 AM
I don't know what thinking anymore :shrug:

A few weeks ago, I wanted Nico to play the qualies in Paris because I was afraid that he'll finish his season in St Petersbourg without even trying to qualify for Paris (and for the friends who go in Paris)
But now I rather think that he should play the Copa Petrobas to win some matches :o

NicoFan
10-18-2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks for posting.

I really don't believe that Nico is commited to coming back....he refuses to sacrifice anything to come back. :shrug:

He's more concerned about "lowering" himself to play in challengers than going out and playing challengers and getting some points...but the irony is that he's going to end up in challengers anyway. He's out of the top 100 at the beginning of next year if he doesn't do well in the LA swing tournamnets. He won't even get in IW or Miami. Definitely won't get into the European clay court masters. So he'll try to qualify again rather than playing challengers, and will continue to lose, and eventurally his ranking will go so low that he won't have any choice but to play challengers.

Plus he wants to go home. Playing those challengers means that he doesn't get an offseason. And god forbid that he doesn't get to go home and relax and party with his buddies. :rolleyes: Like he hasn't had enough time off as it is...he loses in the first round every week and has played only a few matches over the last six months.

And he cares more about having a buddy to travel the world with rather than having a kick ass coach who will get his ranking back up.

I will always watch and root for Nico, but I admit it - I won't have much more time to follow him because I truly believe that if he doesn't start to make some good decisions NOW that his career is basically over in the next two years...if not next year. :sad:

Juliet
10-18-2007, 01:08 PM
totally agree, Nicofan! :o

besides all the excellent, sensible points you make, Nico not playing Copa Petrobras means I don't get to see him in Belo Horizonte :angel:

kidnicky
10-18-2007, 01:12 PM
mu point mu point and more mu point again :tape: I'm tired of this and tired to give my opinion about someone that does whatever except the right or well not the right but at least the best thing that he could be doing right now in his situation .... vacations? he has had more vacations than all of us together this year :silly:

anyway mu point again :rolleyes:

NicoFan
10-18-2007, 01:14 PM
Moot point. :lol:

:hug: for Kid.

It is moot but now and again I need to vent because it makes me so loca. :tape: :lol: And makes me sad too. :sad:

kidnicky
10-18-2007, 01:25 PM
okay NicoFan what is moot for you? :lol: ... because I'm writting mu since in spanish is the sound that a cow makes :p and that's why I'm trying to say, like Joey in Friends said, it's a mu point that is like a cow's opinion which means that it doesn't care :rolls: .... if it's the same mu (moot) that you're talking about then thanks for telling me how to spell it in english :rolls:

and I know you need to vent, don't worry, I agree with you is just that I'm tired to write and write the same things over and over again :silly:

Alx
10-18-2007, 01:30 PM
the cows make mu in Mexico ?? :scratch:

then you don't have the same cows than us because our cows make meuh

sorry I know :topic:

Fergie
10-18-2007, 01:33 PM
Nico is being very optimistic about win some matchs in St Petersburg ... Probably will be another 1st round exit and barely he'll pass the qualy in Paris :p

His best shot to add some points was the Copa Petrobras and he didn't take it :silly:

kidnicky
10-18-2007, 01:55 PM
probably the mu doesn't sound in french as it sounds in french Alx :lol: so yes for us it's mu :p

Acasuso is playing a CH in France and his ranking is better than Nico's :o ... anyway it's better to :tape:

Alx
10-18-2007, 02:00 PM
yes we better :tape: rather than trying to figure why Nico doesn't play some challengers...

Juliet
10-18-2007, 02:07 PM
our cows say muuu!, too, Kid. :lol:

kidnicky
10-18-2007, 02:09 PM
see? the cows on this side of the world say muuu :lol:

Alx
10-18-2007, 02:41 PM
do you also have some meeeuh boxes ? sorry some muuuu boxes ? :lol:

kidnicky
10-18-2007, 02:49 PM
boxes? mu boxes? what is that? :shrug: :p

Alx
10-18-2007, 02:56 PM
that's a little cylinder-shaped box and when you turn down the box, it makes "MEEEEUUUUH" :haha:

kidnicky
10-18-2007, 03:03 PM
oooh no we don't have those ... you should send me one :rolls:

Alx
10-18-2007, 03:24 PM
that's what I was thinking :lol:

enjoy :rolls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjIjfnHUWno

kidnicky
10-18-2007, 03:37 PM
I won't enjoy it until I get home since I can't watch youtube at work :awww:

NicoFan
10-18-2007, 04:03 PM
A moot point is an irrelevant point. It is also a debatable point.

I never heard of Joey saying a moooo point. :lol:

And man did we stray off the topic! :lol:

kidnicky
10-18-2007, 04:08 PM
yes Joey said to Rachel that she should tell to a guy that she liked him just if he liked her back otherwise it was a mooo point :rolls:

okay but I've learnt now about the moot point :p

and it's better to talk about cows than about the starting topic of all this :tape: :lol:

LOVELY
10-18-2007, 04:44 PM
I don't agree with you all :o I think that playing the Petrobras tour is not a good idea...Nico needs to Challenge better guys than the ones playing this Tour...:shrug:I have nothing at all against those players but Nico is not in the same category..Maybe he should have played the Andrezieux Challenger because some higher ranked players are there too.But facing players who are below 150 at the ATP is not what Nico needs to improve...(well that's just my humble opinion :angel: )

Fergie
10-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Nico needs points for his rankings, who cares if he beat a top-200 or a top-10 player :p

LOVELY
10-18-2007, 05:04 PM
That would have been unfair for low ranked players if Nico had played the all Petrobras Tour...:angel:

Fergie
10-18-2007, 05:05 PM
But with Nico's level who knows :tape:

Alx
10-18-2007, 05:06 PM
I think there's absolutely no shame to play a challenger. What is the interest to play against top50 players and always lose.
In the challengers, there are not only "medium" players. There are players who were injuried or players who just turn pro.
Remember that Agassi made it to recover his best level :shrug:

and I think Nico should be more realistic with his current level :tape:

LOVELY
10-18-2007, 05:18 PM
I have nothing against the idea of Nico playing Challengers :shrug: I just said that some Challengers are more interesting than others to improve...Nico is not that desperate to play against all those top-200 players...:shrug:
Some Challengers have better entry lists and that the ones he should play..;)
I've seen those Challenger guys playing and once again I have nothing at all against them (I love watching tennis and even go on Challengers...)but if you compare the game of Nico with the one of those guys it's two different levels...

kidnicky
10-18-2007, 05:19 PM
unfair to the other players?!?! he'd probably be losing against Puerta or Echagaray right now :tape: that would be unfair but to us :rolls:

kidnicky
10-18-2007, 05:22 PM
Nico's lever or category is great on practice and sucks on real matches, all of us have seen that during the year :shrug: ... and well maybe he is not that desperate, we're the ones desperate to see him rising his leven and his freaking ranking

damn it I promised to stop talking about this :tape: I won't do it again I promise to myself :rolls:

Fergie
10-18-2007, 05:22 PM
unfair to the other players?!?! he'd probably be losing against Puerta or Echagaray right now :tape: that would be unfair but to us :rolls:

So true :tape:

TommyB.
10-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Yep Nico needs points. Look at his current rank. And the chances on clay are even better, I'd prefered the Challenger Series too.

I hope he can do something in St. Petersburg or Paris but I'm not very confident. :shrug: It's time to show us the opposite Nicolas M. ;)

NicoFan
10-18-2007, 05:37 PM
Sorrrrrrrrrrrry Lovely but I have to go with everyone else.

Nico may be practicing well, but he's terrible in matches. He needs to get his confidence up again. And as everyone else is saying, he desperately needs points.

And what good is it doing him to play all these tournaments, just to lose in the first round?

As someone said, Andre came back playing challengers. And if Andre can do it, Nico sure as heck can.

LOVELY
10-18-2007, 07:51 PM
I know that nobody agrees with me ;)

NicoFan
10-18-2007, 10:32 PM
I know that nobody agrees with me ;)

Poor Lovely!! :hug: :hug:

:lol:

LOVELY
10-18-2007, 10:46 PM
Poor Lovely!! :hug: :hug:

That's okay :lol:
I just wanted to share my point of view even if I was already aware that no one would agree with me :lol:

NicoFan
10-18-2007, 10:51 PM
That's okay :lol:
I just wanted to share my point of view even if I was already aware that no one would agree with me :lol:

Good for you. :yeah:

(Even though you are wrong. ;) :haha: )

I know your real reason too - you want to see Nico again in Paris-Bercy. :lol:

VolandriFan
10-19-2007, 12:19 AM
I can't stand this :sobbing:

His form has deteriorated so much in the last few years. It's almost as if he's not the same player anymore. He needs to change something, obviously what he's been doing isn't working for him.

Alx
10-19-2007, 07:08 AM
I know your real reason too - you want to see Nico again in Paris-Bercy. :lol:
That's also what I think... :rolls:

LOVELY
10-19-2007, 04:45 PM
I'd like Nico to play Bercy of course but that's not the reason why I'd prefer him not to play the Petrobras Tour...:shrug:
I really think that playing one or two tournaments of the Petrobras Tour would have been okay but not the whole stuff...:o

LOVELY
10-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Massú recuperó las sonrisas con un sufrido triunfo en San Petersburgo -Cooperativa-

El tenista nacional Nicolás Massú (78º de la ATP) recuperó este martes las sonrisas en el circuito profesional al derrotar en un luchado compromiso al tenista ruso Teimuraz Gabashvili (103º) por parciales de 3-6, 6-3 y 6-4, resultado que deja al viñamarino en la segunda ronda del torneo de San Petersburgo.

Este triunfo le permite al segundo mejor tenista chileno dejar atrás más de tres meses sin conocer de triunfos, luego que la última celebración fuera el cada vez más lejano 9 de julio, cuando derrotó en el torneo de Bastad (Suecia) al ruso Evgeny Korolev.

De paso, consigue alcanzar la siguiente fase en un torneo del circuito profesional luego de sus dolorosos y tempraneros tropiezos en Amersfoort, Kitzbühel, Sopot, New Haven, US Open, Metz y el Masters Series de Madrid.

El viñamarino, pese a que comenzó perdiendo el primer set del match sacó a relucir su casi extinguido espíritu de lucha para dar vuelta las acciones y llevarse un triunfo que le permite sumar confianza en el certamen eslavo y para lo que resta de la temporada 2007.

El irregular servicio de Massú en el primer parcial le permitió a Gabashvili romper en el cuarto juego y tomar una ventaja insuperable para el chileno, que terminó cediendo las acciones por 6-3 en sólo 30 minutos de acción.
Tras el descanso, Massú renació y con un juego impecable comenzó a dejar atrás los fantasmas y tomar el control del compromiso. El representante criollo consiguió un quiebre en el segundo game y sólo le bastó sostener su ventaja para cerrar a su favor el segundo capítulo por 6-3 y alargar la definición para el tercer set.

En la manga decisiva ambos tenistas se mantuvieron firmes en su servicio, lo que vislumbró un apretado final de partido. Igualados hasta el octavo juego, la presión del chileno surtió efecto en el game siguiente, cuando logró romper el servicio del eslavo y quedar con la primera opción para llevarse el compromiso.
En el juego siguiente, a Massú le tembló la mano en los últimos juegos ya que sólo en el tercer match point que tuvo pudo superar al eslavo e inscribir su nombre en la siguiente ronda del certamen eslavo.
En esa fase el chileno enfrentará este miércoles cerca de las 10:00 horas de nuestro país (13:00 GMT) ante el letón Ernest Gulbis (47º) quien superó al sueco Thomas Johansson (38º) por 6-2 y 6-1. (Cooperativa.cl)

Fergie
10-24-2007, 03:22 AM
:bounce:

Massú: "Creo que puedo ganar mañana"

SANTIAGO.- Nicolás Massú (78°) tuvo que batallar intensamente para ganar su primer partido en más de tres meses. Lo hizo este martes ante el ruso Teimuraz Gabashvili (103°), a quien dejó en el camino en la primera vuelta del abierto de San Petersburgo (Rusia, carpeta bajo techo, un millón de dólares).

El tenista chileno se impuso por 3-6, 6-3 y 6-4, en una hora y 58 minutos de partido, en un resultado que no sólo lo clasifica para la segunda ronda del certamen ruso, sino que de paso lo coloca en la senda para recuperar la confianza en sí mismo.

"Fue un partido difícil, creo que me costó acostumbrarme a la cancha", comentó Massú al final del encuentro en el que le bastó con conseguir un quiebre más que su rival. Mientras el local había roto el servicio de Massú en el cuarto game del primer set, el viñamarino rompió en el segundo game del segundo parcial. Al juego siguiente escapó de un 30-40, en uno de los pocos contratioempos serios que vivió en ese parcial.

Así llegaron al tercer y definitivo set, en el que fueron muy parejos hasta el noveno juego, donde el chileno hizo la diferencia y provocó el quiebre. Luego vaciló ligeramente Massú, pero en el segundo match point consiguió cerrar el partido a su favor.

Respecto de la carpeta bajo techo en que se juega el abierto de San Petersburgo, Massú comentó que "es un tipo de superficie muy duro, y acá está particularmente difícil poder afirmarte bien, especialmente cuando te tienes que desplazar", analizó.

El tenista viñamarino ligó este tema con la importancia personal que tiene ganar partidos en un momento como el que vive. "Para fui es muy bueno haber ganado hoy, me va a ayudar, así que ojalaá pueda ganar el mayor número de partidos en esta cancha, para acostumbrarme y para ganar en confianza", manifestó.

Muy en su estilo, cuando le consultaron por su rival de mañana, a eso de las 11.30 horas de Chile, Massú señaló que "con Gulbis va ser un partido duro. El juega bien en canchas rapidas y cubiertas. El es un chico joven y que a veces juega muy bien pero otras no. Tiene un buen saque pero tengo confianza que puedo ganar el partido", resumió.

kidnicky
10-24-2007, 03:31 AM
Thanks for the article Fergie :hug:

LOVELY
11-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Jueves 1 de noviembre de 2007 -El Mercurio -

ESCÁNDALO POR LAS APUESTAS:
Markus: "Nunca supimos nada"
El ex técnico de Nicolás Massú dice que nunca escucharon nada sobre un supuesto arreglo del partido contra Marcos Daniel el año pasado en Acapulco.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/403/nicogabyac1.png

Cuando Nicolás Massú perdió contra el brasileño Marcos Daniel el año pasado en Acapulco, el partido tuvo cierta historia. El chileno venía de semanas muy intensas y tras ganar el título en Costa do Sauípe derrotó el martes al argentino Carlos Berlocq en la primera ronda del certamen mexicano.

Como estaba cansado, el campeón olímpico pidió jugar el jueves contra Daniel, pero le dijeron que era imposible, porque el torneo terminaba el sábado. El viñamarino tuvo que presentarse igual y perdió por 6-4 y 6-4 después de haberle ganado al gaúcho en Viña del Mar, Buenos Aires y Costa do Sauípe.

"Traté de hacer lo que pude, pero la verdad es que estaba cansado y no tenía las fuerzas habituales. Tal vez hubiera cambiado un poco la historia si hubiera tenido un día más de descanso", comentó Massú en esa ocasión.

Ahora, con la denuncia de Daniel de que le ofrecieron 20 mil dólares por perder (medios brasileños informaron que la ATP citará a declarar al actual 158º del mundo), el partido adquirió otra connotación, pero Gabriel Markus, el técnico argentino que dirigía a Massú en ese momento, descarta de plano que el chileno haya tenido algo que ver en el supuesto intento de arreglo.

"Nunca escuchamos nada de nada. Nunca supimos de eso y Daniel tampoco nos comentó nada al respecto. Yo me enteré ahora porque leí algo, pero no le di mucha importancia, porque se dicen tantas cosas últimamente", opinó Markus desde París, donde está dirigiendo al español Fernando Verdasco.

"Pero nadie podría pensar mal de Nicolás. Ni siquiera he hablado con él, pero lo que me acuerdo es que 'Nico' estaba cansado física y mentalmente, estaba nervioso y fastidiado, porque la cancha estaba mala, y por todo eso perdió", agregó.

Massú, en tanto, está de vacaciones en Europa y no se ha referido al tema, pero se molestó cuando vio su nombre relacionado.

(I had to post this article but I trust 100% Nico no matter what.)

kidnicky
11-01-2007, 08:23 PM
"Nunca escuchamos nada de nada. Nunca supimos de eso y Daniel tampoco nos comentó nada al respecto. Yo me enteré ahora porque leí algo, pero no le di mucha importancia, porque se dicen tantas cosas últimamente", opinó Markus desde París, donde está dirigiendo al español Fernando Verdasco.

NicoFan is this true???? :eek: ... I don't trust the press and since you know a lot about Fer V you should know this, and if it's true and you haven't told me, I'm going to kill you :p

I knew about this like 3 days ago, and it's Daniel's statement and nothing to do with Nico, besides he lost that match so nothing to worry :shrug: ... everybody decided now to start talking about this subject it seems :rolleyes:

NicoFan
11-01-2007, 11:51 PM

I didn't know that Gaby was coaching Fer!! I've been so busy that I haven't been any to follow anything now.

And figures...Fer is playing great right now. Should have known he has a good coach behind him. I'm glad for Gaby - Fer is a nice guy and his family and gf also seem wonderful.

I read about what Marcos Daniel said - I found it a bit odd. Why didn't he say something at the time? He waits 2 years. :lol: And yeah, Nico lost so no big deal. Besides he wasn't the one the people approached. It's not his fault.

kidnicky
11-02-2007, 03:40 AM
are you sure? I told you to go and find out if that was true or not ... remember that we can't trust on the press :retard: ... so go on and ask Carlita if it's true :p

oh well, I've to confess, I was the one calling Daniel to offer him money to lose against Nico, I was on my way back home that day so I needed to be sure to get that win for Nico, but stupid Daniel didn't accept my money :silly: :lol:

NicoFan
11-02-2007, 10:10 AM
I'll go over right now, Senorita Kid! Your wish is my command. :lol: :lol:

And :lol: about Daniel.

But poor Nico. :hug: I can imagine that he's upset. Even if he has no control over it, it would be upsetting seeing your name in some gambling thing.

NicoFan
11-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Senorita Carlita is investigating it right now.

She said that Gaby was in St. Petersburg too.

So kind of sounds like the Chilean press must be right for a change. :lol:

kidnicky
11-02-2007, 08:21 PM
that sounds interesting, but tell to Carlita that we need confirmation :p ... I need to know if it's true or not ;)

NicoFan
11-02-2007, 08:39 PM
She sent me a rep on it - she's working on it. ;) As soon as she gets a response, I'll let you know. :)

NicoFan
11-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Kid - your answer. :)

Fer V. worked with Gaby a bit, but he is still in the process of making a decision on who his coach will be.

kidnicky
11-12-2007, 07:58 PM
so Fer V. is trying before deciding huh? :aplot: :lol: ... hopefully he'll decide for Gaby, I'd be happy for Fer and for Gaby :yeah: .. thanks for the info :hug:

NicoFan
11-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Fer should definitely pick Gaby...Gaby is a cutiepie. :hug: :yeah:

kidnicky
11-12-2007, 08:28 PM
you should watch Gaby's videos on segundosaque.com :eek: he is a great coach and don't get me wrong, in those videos he explains how to do certain shots and he show them to you, doing the shots himself, great videos about the slice, the dropshot and the serve

I love Gaby :worship:

NicoFan
11-12-2007, 08:35 PM
I love Gaby too...and I miss him. :bigcry:

What was our Nico thinking getting rid of Gaby for that ugly Pato. :mad: :lol:

kidnicky
11-12-2007, 09:16 PM
I miss him too :awww: ... and correction, Nico wasn't thinking when he changed coaches :p :lol:

LOVELY
12-03-2007, 06:30 PM
La Tercera - 03-12-2007

Nicolás Massú fue invitado al Masters de Copa Petrobrás :cool:

La segunda raqueta nacional comenzará su participación este miércoles en Brasil en el torneo que reúne a los ganadores de las estaciones del circuito sudamericano.

Fecha edición: 03-12-2007

El chileno Nicolás Massú (78º de la ATP) fue invitado a participar al Masters de la Copa Petrobrás, que reúne a los ganadores de los challengers que organizó la empresa por Sudamérica, donde el nacional ocupó una de las cuatro wild card.

La segunda raqueta nacional participará en el Grupo B conformado además por el brasileño Franco Ferreiro (235º), el francés Nicolas Davilder (114º) y el uruguayo Pablo Cuevas.

Con el fin de llegar de la mejor manera a la temporada 2008, el viñamarino debutará este miércoles a las 21.00 horas de Chile ante el jugador local Ferreiro, ganador del challenger de Asunción, Paraguay.

El torneo que reúne a los ganadores de las distintas etapas del circuito de Copa Petrobrás, constará con Guillermo Coria, Sergio Roitman, Marcos Daniel y Bellucci, que conforman el Grupo A.

LOVELY
12-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Cooperativa -03-12-2007-

Nicolás Massú competirá desde el miércoles en el Masters Petrobrás :)

El viñamarino es uno de los cuatro invitados para el certamen que cerrará en Brasil el circuito sudamericano de challengers e integrará el Grupo B con el local Franco Ferreiro, el francés Nicolas Devilder y el uruguayo Pablo Cuevas.

Nicolás Massú (78º) continuará con su preparación para la temporada 2008 compitiendo desde este miércoles en el Masters de la Copa Petrobrás que se realizará en Aracajú, Brasil.

El viñamarino será uno de los cuatro invitados que se unirán a cuatro de los cinco campeones de las etapas del circuito sudamericano de challengers. Los otros tres serán el argentino Guillermo Coria (sin ranking), el uruguayo Pablo Cuevas (115º) y el local Thomaz Belucci (201º).

Los ganadores de los torneos previos que estarán en el certamen son los siguientes: el brasileño Marcos Daniel (118º), en Bogotá; el francés Nicolas Devilder (114º), en Belo Horizonte; el también anfitrión Franco Ferreiro (235º), en Asunción; y el argentino Sergio Roitman (69º), en Buenos Aires.

Massú llegará este lunes por la noche a Aracajú, para integrar el Grupo B con Ferreiro, Devilder y Cuevas, mientras el A lo conformarán Coria, Roitman, Daniel y Bellucci.

El chileno debutará el miércoles a las 21:00 horas (00:00 GMT) contra el brasileño, el jueves a las 19:00 (22:00 GMT) se medirá con el "charrúa" y el viernes a las 17:00 (20:00 GMT) chocará con el galo.

El sábado se disputará la final con los dos ganadores de grupo.

El campeón olímpico viajará con su técnico Patricio Rodríguez, con quien planificará el próximo año. (Cooperativa.cl)

NicoFan
12-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the info Lovely. :)

LOVELY
12-04-2007, 07:26 PM
La Tercera-04-12-2007-

Massú practicó con Coria para debut en Brasil:rolleyes:

El chileno compartió cancha con el ex finalista de Roland Garros para preparar el duelo ante Ferreiro, ganador del challenger de Asunción, Paraguay.

Fecha edición: 04-12-2007

Nicolás Massú (78 º de la ATP) practicó esta mañana con el tenista argentino Guillermo Cañas (sin ranking) con miras al debut de este miércoles en el Masters Copa Petrobrás ante el jugador local Franco Ferreiro (235º).

El entrenamiento de la segunda raqueta nacional fue observado por el técnico Patricio Rodríguez y el preparador físico Claudio Galzagorri, quienes acompañan al chileno para ajustar todo los puntos para la temporada 2008.

"Recibí una invitación que el año pasado también me la habían hecho, pero estaba bastante cansado y por eso no vine. Este año la expectativa es jugar un par de partidos y prepararse para la temporada que viene", señaló a radio Cooperativa.

Para el viñamarino el torneo sirve para ir tomando ritmo para los torneos en pista dura que se vienen a principios de la temporada, donde destaca el primer Grand Slam del año.

"Hay que empezar por algo y creo que venir a jugar a Brasil, con este calor, con mi preparador físico y mi entrenador, me sirve para comenzar a preparar el año que viene. Jugar partidos también es entretenido, así uno también se despeja y tratar de hacer lo mejor posible. A uno nunca le gusta perder, entro a la cancha con las mejores ganas", afirmó.

El chileno conforma el Grupo B con Ferreiro, el francés Nicolas Devilder (114º) y el uruguayo Pablo Cuevas (115º).

Mientras que Coria estará en la llave A con su compatriota Sergio Roitman (69º) y los brasileños Marcos Daniel (118º) y Thomaz Belucci (201º).

El debut del "Vampiro" está programado para este miércoles a las 21.00 horas ante el local Ferreiro. :D

LOVELY
12-04-2007, 07:33 PM
Cooperativa -04-12-2007

Massú entrenó con Guillermo Coria antes de su estreno en Aracajú

El viñamarino practicó con el argentino para su debut en el Masters de la Copa Petrobrás, este miércoles contra el brasileño Franco Ferreiro.

Nicolás Massú (78º) compartió un duro entrenamiento en Aracajú, Brasil, con el argentino Guillermo Coria (sin ranking), otro de los invitados al Masters de la Copa Petrobrás, donde el chileno debutará este miércoles contra el local Franco Ferreiro (235º).

El viñamarino sesionó con el ex finalista de Roland Garros bajo la atenta mirada de su técnico, Pato Rodríguez, y su preparador físico, Claudio Galzagorri.

Al término de la práctica, el doble campeón olímpico conversó con el corresponsal de Al Aire Libre en Cooperativa, Patricio de la Barra sobre sus expectativas en este torneo que reúne a cuatro campeones de las etapas de la Copa Petrobrás y cuatro wild cards.

"Recibí una invitación que el año pasado también me la habían hecho, pero estaba bastante cansado y por eso no vine. Este año la expectativa es jugar un par de partidos y prepararse para la temporada que viene", señaló.

"Empecé a trabajar el lunes después de mis vacaciones. Más que buscar resultados vengo a tratar de empezar una buena pretemporada jugando partidos. Estuve tres semanas y media de vacaciones, así que es difícil buscar resultados y esperar que juegue mi mejor tenis", agregó.

Massú cree que de todas maneras este certamen le servirá para ir agarrando ritmo.

"Hay que empezar por algo y creo que venir a jugar a Brasil, con este calor, con mi preparador físico y mi entrenador, me sirve para comenzar a preparar el año que viene. Jugar partidos también es entretenido, así uno también se despeja y tratar de hacer lo mejor posible. A uno nunca le gusta perder, entro a la cancha con las mejores ganas", afirmó.

Massú iniciará su temporada 2008 con el torneo de Auckland y el Abierto de Australia. Y ya anticipó que estará disponible para la Copa Davis, que Chile jugará en abril por el Grupo 1 de la Zona Americana.

El número dos nacional estará en el Grupo B del Masters Petrobrás con Ferreiro, el francés Nicolas Devilder (114º) y el uruguayo Pablo Cuevas (115º).

Coria estará en la llave A con su compatriota Sergio Roitman (69º) y los brasileños Marcos Daniel (118º) y Thomaz Belucci (201º).

Massú debutará ante Ferreiro este miércoles a las 21:00 horas (00:00 GMT).

La final será el sábado con los dos ganadores de grupo. (Cooperativa.cl)

El viñamarino practicó con el argentino para su debut en el Masters de la Copa Petrobrás, este miércoles contra el brasileño Franco Ferreiro.

kidnicky
12-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Nico :smash: WTF?!?! you couldn't find a better partner? :ras: :lol:

Albop
12-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Nico :smash: WTF?!?! you couldn't find a better partner? :ras: :lol:

same opinion here

kidnicky
12-04-2007, 10:41 PM
this boy never learns :retard: :lol:

NicoFan
12-04-2007, 10:49 PM
:haha:

I like Guille so doesn't bother me. :lol:

But he kind of sounds as if he's setting himself up to lose when he says that after 3 weeks of vacation he can't expect good results. :eek: Unless I'm reading it wrong.

kidnicky
12-04-2007, 11:10 PM
:ras: for your love for Coria NicoFan ... :lol:

Alx
12-05-2007, 07:16 AM
Nicooo :rolleyes:

Sparko1030
12-05-2007, 01:28 PM
He's playing doubles with Coria? :eek: :haha: Well, you just never know....

Fergie
12-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Nico and Coria :help:

kidnicky
12-05-2007, 04:12 PM
no Sparko, he was practicing with Coria :ras: :p

ChinoRios4Ever
12-06-2007, 12:44 AM
both lose today :lol:

Coria is still hitting many DFs :haha:

LOVELY
12-06-2007, 06:49 PM
La Tercera 05-12-2007

Massú perdió en estreno del Masters de la Copa Petrobras
Fecha edición: 05-12-2007

Nicolás Massú (78º) se estrenó con una derrota en el Masters de la Copa Petrobras, tras caer por 2-6 y 5-7 ante el local Franco Ferreiro (235º), en duelo correspondiente al Grupo B del certamen que se juega en Brasil.

Ferreiro enfrentó hoy su segundo pleito en el torneo, pues en la primera jornada se inclinó frente al ascendente jugador uruguayo Pablo Cuevas (115º), por 6-4, 3-6 y 6-4.

Como este certamen se disputa bajo el sistema de Round Robin, el doble campeón olímpico aún no dice adiós, pero deberá ganar sus próximos dos compromisos, ante el francés Nicolas Devilder (114º) y el mismo Cuevas, para optar por la final.

Cabe consignar que el "Vampiro" llegó en calidad de invitado, al igual que Cuevas, el local Thomaz Belucci (201º) y el argentino Guillermo Coria (sin ranking), ex top ten que hoy sumó su segunda derrota al inclinarse ante su compatriota Sergio Roitman.

El próximo duelo de la segunda raqueta nacional será mañana ante la joven promesa uruguaya, a las 19:00 horas, y el viernes cierra la participación en su llave frente al galo Devilder.

El ganador de la zona B enfrentará en la final al vencedor del Grupo A, que lo conformarán los argentinos Coria y Roitman, más los brasileños Marcos Daniel y Thomaz Belucci.

LOVELY
12-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Cooperativa-06-12-2007

Massú se tomó con calma su nueva derrota: "Me vine a divertir" ;)

El número dos de Chile le restó importancia a la caída con el brasileño Franco Ferreiro, en el inicio del Masters de la Copa Petrobrás. Este jueves enfrentará al uruguayo Pablo Cuevas.

Sin dramatizar, Nicolás Massú (78º) asumió su nueva derrota, esta vez en el debut en el Masters de la Copa Petrobrás que se disputa en Aracajú, Brasil, ante el local Franco Ferreiro (235º).

El viñamarino cayó por 2-6 y 5-7, pero le restó trascendencia al traspié en diálogo con el corresponsal de Al Aire Libre en Cooperativa, Patricio de la Barra.

"Yo me vine a divertir acá, es una exhibición, lo pasé bien, estuvo bueno. Vengo llegando de vacaciones, así que estuvo bien para empezar la pretemporada", comentó.:p

Ni siquiera le dio importancia a su próximo desafío, este jueves ante el uruguayo Pablo Cuevas (115º), que superó por un doble 6-2 al francés Nicolas Devilder (114º).

"Esto es una exhibición, me vine a divertir, no vengo a buscar resultados, vine a pasarlo bien y estoy haciendo la pretemporada", recalcó.

Sobre sus expectativas para lo que viene, Massú dijo que sólo piensa en "preparar el próximo año, empezar a entrenar. Por eso estoy acá para empezar a entrenar".

El duelo del chileno y Cuevas se efectuará a las 19:00 horas (22:00 GMT). (Cooperativa.cl)

El número dos de Chile le restó importancia a la caída

kidnicky
12-06-2007, 07:24 PM
I just can't f*cking believe this :rolleyes: ... no more comments :tape:

LOVELY
12-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Why is it sooooo serious for you all??? I don't get your point :shrug: It's Just an EXHIBITION !!!! He has fun there and that's the most important :)

ChinoRios4Ever
12-07-2007, 12:56 AM
LOVELY :yeah:

Nico won today, nothing has changed at all.

Also seems that he got injuried in his knee, check this in spanish: http://www.copapetrobrasdetenis.com.br/espanhol/ver_noticia.asp?id=384

Alx
12-07-2007, 06:44 AM
Nicolás Massú derrotó al uruguayo Pablo Cuevas en Aracajú

El número dos de Chile sumó este jueves su primera victoria en el Masters de la Copa Petrobrás en Brasil al imponerse cómodamente en dos sets.

El tenista chileno Nicolás Massú (78º de la ATP) derrotó por un inapelable 6-2 y 6-4 al uruguayo Pablo Cuevas (115º) en la segunda jornada del Grupo B del Masters de la Copa Petrobrás, que se juega en la ciudad brasileña de Aracaju.

Massú ganó con contudencia su primer partido del certamen tras caer el miércoles frente al brasileño Franco Ferreiro (235º) por 2-6 y 5-7.

"Estuve casi un mes de vacaciones y llegué para acá casi sin entrenar, porque obviamente la temporada mía fue muy larga y decidí venir para acá para empezar a entrenar, pero ayer no me sentía del todo cómodo y no quería esforzarme al máximo", explicó el viñamarino.

"Después de no jugar un mes cualquier sobreesfuerzo me puede lesionar y costar un par de meses, entonces tengo que ir a de poco",agregó.

Este viernes desde las 20:25 horas de nuestro país (23:25 GMT), chocará con el francés Nicolas Devilder (114º), quien este jueves batió a Ferreiro por 6-1 y 6-4.

El viñamarino juega este torneo como parte de su pretemporada, sin pretensiones de sumar un título y con el único objetivo de ganar minutos en cancha.

"Ayer (miércoles) sumé una hora en cancha y estoy mirando resultados, ya que lo más importante es entrenar. En la mañana (jueves) entrené dos hora y media, porlo que este torneo lo uso como entrenamiento y aparte de eso para jugar", señaló.

En Aracajú el tenista número dos chileno ha entrenado en doble jornada junto a su técnico Patricio Rodríguez y salvo una golpe enla rodilla derecha, elcualsufriópor una caída en el partido ante Cuevas, no ha presentado mayores problemas de lesiones. (Cooperativa.cl)

LOVELY
12-07-2007, 05:42 PM
La Tercera 06-12-2002

Massú se recuperó ante el uruguayo Cuevas en Aracajú:yeah:
En su segundo partido en el Masters de la Copa Petrobras, el viñamarino retomó en parte su nivel, lo que le ayudó a imponerse por 6-2 y 6-4 al jugador "charrúa".

Fecha edición: 06-12-2007

Nicolás Massú (78º) se recuperó del traspié del debut y con un contundente 6-2 y 6-4 se impuso sobre el uruguayo Pablo Cuevas (115º), en la segunda jornada del Masters de la Copa Petrobras que se disputa en Aracajú, en Brasil.

En su estreno en el certamen, el viñamarino había caído ante el local Franco Ferreiro (235º), por 2-6 y 5-7, resultado que hizo recordar su pésimo fin de temporada, donde no encontraba la fórmula para conseguir los triunfos.

Sin embargo, en su segundo partido, la segunda raqueta nacional retomó en parte su nivel y cosechó una victoria que le permite seguir con opciones de seguir avanzando en el torneo.

Mañana viernes, desde las 20:25 horas de Chile (23:25 GMT), Massú chocará con el francés Nicolas Devilder (114º), quien este jueves batió a Ferreiro por 6-1 y 6-4, frente a quien necesita un nuevo triunfo para avanzar.

Cabe consignar que el doble campeón olímpico juega en el Masters de la Copa Petrobras como parte de su pretemporada y en Aracajú ha entrenado en doble jornada junto a su técnico Patricio Rodríguez.

LOVELY
12-08-2007, 12:18 AM
Cooperativa 07-12-2007

Nicolás Massú avanzó a la final del Masters de la Copa Petrobrás :yeah:

El tenista viñamarino debió bregar más de tres horas para vencer al francés Nicolas Devilder por 6-2, 4-6 y 7-5, y jugar el duelo decisivo en el torneo de pretemporada.

El chileno Nicolás Massú sumó su segundo triunfo consecutivo en l Masters de la Copa Petrobrás al derrotar este viernes al francés Nicolas Devilder por 6-2, 4-6 y 7-5 para avanzar a la final del certamen que se disputa en Aracajú, Brasil.

El jugador nacional tuvo un auspicioso comienzo al ponerse rápidamente 2-0, controlar así las acciones del primer set con tranquilidad y llevarse el capítulo por 6-3.

Pero en el segundo set, el galo, sin mucho por hacer en el torneo, comenzó a jugar su mejor tenis y sin presiones enredó al campeón olímpico, quien mostró dudas en su tenis y se inclinó por 4-6 para mandar el partido a un decisivo tercer set.

Massú siguió en medio de la incertidumbre y quedó 3-5, pero Devilder fue incapaz de cerrar el partido con su servicio. El chileno reaccionó, quebró y comenzó una remontada que le llevó a ganar otros cuatro juegos para ganar por 7-5 en medio del nerviosismo de los asistentes.

Para Patricio Rodríguez, entrenador del número dos de Chile, el partido se dio de forma irregular, pero marca el trabajo que está mostrando Massú en su intención de volver a los primeros lugares en 2008.

"Empezó muy bien, pero el jugador francés no tenía nada que perder y complicó a Massú. Por eso el partido fue bastante irregular, y 'Nico' tuvo mucha garra. Estamos comenzando la pretemporada y jugó tres horas, así que le sirve de preparación para el próximo año", dijo el entrenador en diálogo con el corresponsal de Al Aire Libre, Patricio de la Barra. (Cooperativa.cl)

El tenista viñamarino debió bregar más de tres horas para vencer al francés Nicolas Devilder por 6-2, 4-6 y 7-5, y jugar el duelo decisivo

LOVELY
12-08-2007, 12:21 AM
La Tercera 07-12-2007

Nicolás Massú clasifica a la final en Aracajú :cool:

El viñamarino consiguió su segunda victoria en el Masters de la Copa Petrobras, sobre el francés Nicolas Devilder, resultado con el que ganó el Grupo B del certamen.

Fecha edición: 07-12-2007

Nicolás Massú sigue en alza en Aracajú, Brasil, donde se está realizando el Masters de la Copa Petrobras. El chileno derrotó al francés Nicolás Devilder y se clasificó a la gran final del certamen.

La segunda raqueta nacional cosechó su segundo triunfo seguido tras imponerse por 6-2, 4-6 y 7-5, resultado que le entregó el primer puesto del Grupo B, pese al haber debutado con una derrota.

El chileno comenzó dominando sin contrapesos, aunque en el segundo set se confió y el galo obligó a decidir todo en el tercero. Y ahí Massú retomó su mejor nivel para sellar su victoria.

Su rival de mañana se conocerá esta noche, luego que se complete el programa del Grupo A. El local Marcos Daniel enfrenta a Guillermo Coria y el argentino Sergio Roitman al brasileño Thomaz Bellucci.

enqvistfan
12-09-2007, 08:25 AM
Noticias

Diciembre 8, 2007
Massú recarga pilas y se ilusiona con el 2008

© ATP
Nicolás Massú tomó a fin de año una de las decisiones más difíciles de su carrera... cortarse el pelo. “Lo tenía largo desde hacía muchos años, y estaban las ganas de cortármelo hace rato. No me atrevía porque mi pelo era como mi personalidad, pero quería un cambio. Fue extraño, desde los 15 años que no me veía con el pelo corto, pero ahora me lo voy a dejar largo como antes”, anuncia el viñamarino en un soleado día en Aracajú, antes de disputar la final del Torneo de Campeones de la Copa Petrobras.

Si se le pide una calificación a su 2007, ¿cuál se pondría?

De uno a diez, un cinco. Creo que fue el año más difícil de mi carrera. Empecé mal, un poco quemado, histérico. Estaba muy tenso, no asumía perder o jugar mal, y eso me mandó abajo. La Copa Davis me mató un poco. Hubo un momento en el que jugué bastante bien, que hice tercera ronda en Roma… Pero perdí partidos que no debería haber perdido, cerradísimos, que de repente habrían significado una semifinal o podrían haber cambiado el año.

¿Recuerda alguno en especial?

En Roma, con Fernando (González), iba 4-2 y 0-30 arriba en el tercero; con Marat Safin en Hamburgo, con Igor Andreev en Roland Garros... En Wimbledon, tenía el primer set ganado con Berdych. A final de año, todos los partidos que perdí estaban de mi lado. Se los nombré a mi entrenador: en la Copa Davis, perdimos el doble 10-8 en el quinto set, me ganó en cinco horas Dudi Sela; fui a Metz, 5-3 en el tercero y perdí con Lapentti ; en Estocolmo, con Karlovic iba set point en el primero, y después él se ganó el torneo; en París, con match point con Del Potro; en Sopot, dos match con Darcis, en Amersfoort, ocho set points con el chico holandés De Bakker. Si te ponés a pensar, en los últimos diez torneos perdí nueve primeras rondas pero todos los partidos los debería haber ganado. Eso te va quemando la cabeza, entrás en desconfianza. Al primer error, no tenés la fuerza mental para estar positivo. A finales de temporada terminé jugando mejor, cuando al principio fue cuando tuve mejores resultados.

¿Qué sucedía en esos momentos importantes?

No sé, yo sentía que estaba jugando igual que antes. Por ahí probaba una derecha y en vez de meterla la tiraba afuera, o el otro chico metía un golpe increíble. Se daban cosas para que perdiera, errores míos y mala suerte. Las dos cosas se juntaron. Fue un año difícil, pero estoy tranquilo, saqué mis conclusiones y ya pienso en el 2008.

¿Qué debería cambiar?

El nivel está, es un tema de jugar bien en los momentos importantes. La desconfianza de todo el año anímicamente te afecta. A la primera que en el partido se ponía duro, empezaba a hablarme en forma negativa. “Quiero que termine este año ya”, me gritaba. Nos pasa a muchos tenistas, esto de tener un año malo y no mantener las ganas de luchar.

¿Cuáles son los objetivos para el 2008?

Me encantaría estar de vuelta arriba. Estoy 78°, un ranking que no me merezco, pero por algo estoy allí. El ranking no es ninguna mentira, pero creo mi carrera no se refleja allí. Estar de vuelta entre los 50 mejores es el primer objetivo a corto plazo. Ojalá pueda cumplirlo antes de Miami. Después apuntar a estar entre los 20 y quizás un día top ten de nuevo. Quiero estar al menos entre los 20 mejores por un par de años más.

Luego de diez años en el circuito, un desgaste era esperable…

Sí, pero yo estoy contento con el tenis, no estoy más cansado que antes. Sí molesta el tema de los viajes, los hoteles, la rutina, pero jugar al tenis, estar en la competencia, me encanta, es mi vida. La fe y las ganas de trabajar están como para hacer un mejor 2008.

Con su entrenador, Patricio Rodríguez, ¿están pensando en algún cambio en lo técnico o estratégico?

Seguiré dentro de mi línea, porque no voy a cambiar mi juego a los 28 años. Eso sí, debo ser más agresivo, pegar el revés más largo, manejar mejor la derecha, ser más sólido, prepararme mejor, elegir mejor los torneos... Son pequeñas cosas que te pueden cambiar.

¿Cómo comienza su gira?

Y… es que el ranking complica. En los últimos cinco años no había tenido este problema de decir: “Voy para allá a ver si entro o no al cuadro principal”. En este momento estoy fuera de Auckland; pedí una invitación especial y hay grandes posibilidades que me la otorguen. Luego, Australia, la gira latinoamericana, Las Vegas, Indian Wells, Miami y Copa Davis.

Hablaba de la Copa Davis con Rusia. ¿Cuánto le afectó para el resto del año?

Me afectó mucho haber perdido la Davis con Rusia. Ni siquiera fui a Buenos Aires, a Costa do Sauipe donde defendía el título; llegué a Acapulco sin haber entrenado dos semanas porque tenía un tirón en la pierna y tampoco tenía muchas ganas. Fue muy difícil.

¿En el 2008 hay sed de revancha?

De todos, no solamente yo. Fernando y yo, que somos casi todo el equipo. El año pasado estábamos jugando cuartos de final del Grupo Mundial y este año, cuando vimos el cuadro, pensábamos que ya estábamos en la final. Jugábamos todo de local, incluso en la final con Estados Unidos. Podríamos haber hecho algo grande, que quizá nunca en la historia de Chile se habría hecho. No se logró porque no se jugó bien cuando se debía. Contra Rusia, yo perdí mis dos singles, Fernando con Andreev, que no debería haber perdido… En Israel, ambos perdimos partidos individuales que no deberíamos. El tenis es así, es una rueda. Tenemos que estar en el Grupo Mundial lo antes posible. Perdimos una temporada y ya no tenemos 20 años. Hay que hacerlo ahora.

NicoFan
12-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Gracias for posting EF! :hug:

kidnicky
12-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Great article, thanks for posting EF :hug:

can I say that I love the part when he said that he'll grow long his hair back again and that he'll play the LA tour and then Las Vegas :p :lol:

this has to be a better year, he doesn't desearve another crapy year like this one, we don't desearve another crapy year pleaseee! :rolls:

NicoFan
12-10-2007, 02:28 PM
I noticed that he said he was playing Las Vegas. :yeah: :bounce: I'm so excited because it is on TV here - it's The Tennis Channel's tournament so full coverage. :woohoo:

kidnicky
12-10-2007, 03:13 PM
oh yes that's true! hopefully he won't change his mind about going there :lol:

enqvistfan
12-10-2007, 06:26 PM
I found this in La Tercera :)

kidnicky
12-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Thank you again Val :hug:

Fergie
01-02-2008, 09:11 PM
La "armada chilena" afila sus raquetas para iniciar la temporada 2008

SANTIAGO.- Comenzó la temporada tenística mundial. Esta semana comenzaron ya tres torneos y los chilenos en el circuito parten con la confianza por las nubes para lograr buenos resultados. La intención de ellos es subir en el ranking ATP y así, mejorar el nivel del tenis criollo.

El primero de los jugadores nacionales que inició el año fue Paul Capdeville (102° en el ranking ATP). Sin embargo la tercera raqueta nacional perdió ante el austríaco Jurgen Melzer en el torneo de Chennai, en India y se apresta a viajar a Sidney al torneo del mismo nombre, con la intención de mejorar su mal inicio de temporada.

Otro de los tenistas que busca subir su nivel respecto del año pasado es Nicolás Massú. El viñamarino (78°) quiere reconciliarse con la raqueta y para esto comenzará participando en la "qualy" del torneo de Auckland los días 4 y 5 de enero. El año pasado en este mismo certamen perdió en cuartos de final ante el argentino Juan Ignacio Chela.

Para el ex campeón olímpico ha sido complicado el acceso a este torneo, puesto que es la primera vez en su historia tenística en la que no fue considerado automáticamente en el cuadro principal de este campeonato. Es por ello que pidió una "wild card" para acceder como invitado.

En una entrevista publicada en la página web de la federación internacional de tenis, Massú explicó su situación: "En este momento estoy fuera de Auckland; pedí una invitación especial y hay grandes posibilidades que me la otorguen. Luego, Australia (14 de enero), la gira latinoamericana, Las Vegas, Indian Wells, Miami y Copa Davis".

Quien continúa con la migración hacia el continente oceánico, es Fernando González. La primera raqueta chilena (7°) participará en el torneo amistoso de Kooyong (Melbourne), una superficie idéntica a la del Abierto de Australia y que sólo se accede gracias a invitaciones. En Oceanía González buscará "calentar" los motores y ver el nivel que podría exhibir en el primer Grand Slam del año. La intención es superar el subcampeonato obtenido el año pasado.

Finalmente, Adrián García (186°) buscará mejorar la campaña realizada durante el año pasado. La primera prueba para la cuarta raqueta nacional es el challenger de La Serena el 14 de enero. El medallista de plata de los Panamericanos de Rio 2007 está esperanzado en lograr ganar dos challengers durante el primer semestre y así, ascender en el escalafón de la ATP.

García explicó que lo principal es ganar el torneo de la Cuarta Región y así comenzar un buen 2008. "El nivel del torneo está alto, enfrentar a Gaudio, Coria, Lapenti es complicado. Lo importante es estar concentrado y así enfrentar un buen comienzo de año".

kidnicky
01-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Gracias Fergie :yeah:

NicoFan
01-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Gracias Fergie. :hug:

LOVELY
01-05-2008, 10:57 PM
La Tercera
Massú quedó libre en primera ronda de "qualy" de Auckland
Fecha edición: 04-01-2008

Nicolás Massú (78º de la ATP) quedó libre en la primera fase de las clasificaciones del torneo de Auckland (Nueva Zelandia), por lo que deberá esperar al ganador del duelo entre el italiano Francesco Aldi y el local Martin Colenbrander, para comenzar de forma oficial el 2008.

El tenista viñamarino deberá ganar dos partidos para meterse en el cuadro principal de la antesala del Abierto de Australia, que se jugará en unas semanas más.

Los posibles rivales de la segunda raqueta nacional están ubicados lejos de los primeros lugares del ranking de la ATP. Aldi se ubica en el 247º, mientras que Colenbrander no tiene ranking.

LOVELY
01-05-2008, 10:58 PM
La Tercera
Massú comenzará ante Aldi en "qualy" de Auckland

El viñamarino dará inicio a la temporada 2008 en la segunda ronda de las clasificaciones del torneo neocelandés. Su primer escollo será el italiano 247º del mundo, el domingo por la noche.

Fecha edición: 05-01-2008

Nicolás Massú (78º de la ATP) iniciará su temporada 2008 en la segunda ronda de las clasificaciones del torneo de Auckland, Nueva Zelandia, donde deberá enfrentar al italiano Francesco Aldi (247º).

El viñamarino, que quedó libre en la primera fase de las clasificaciones, quiere borrar lo hecho la temporada anterior donde no tuvo un buen pasar por el circuito, para ello comenzará este domingo por la noche (lunes en Australia) ante el italiano que derrotó al local Martin Colenbrander (sin ranking) por 6-1 y 6-2.

El doble campeón olímpico tiene varias posibilidades de seguir en carrera, ya que su rival de turno sólo jugó torneos futuros la temporada anterior, ganando el F4 de Italia, y algunos challengers, alcanzando el título en San Remo.

De avanzar a la tercera y última fase de las clasificaciones, la segunda raqueta nacional se medirá con el vencedor del duelo entre el español Miguel Angel López Jaen (282º) y el estadounidense Jesse Levine (174º).

Con esto, Massú ahora sólo debe salir airoso en dos partidos para ingresar al cuadro principal del certamen oceánico sobre pista dura, que antecede al Abierto de Australia, primer Grand Slam de la temporada.

LOVELY
01-06-2008, 04:49 PM
La Tercera
Massú define paso al cuadro principal de Auckcland
El viñamarino, que ayer venció a Francesco Aldi (6-3 y 6-3), jugará su opción de ingresar al main draw del torneo de Nueva Zelandia. Cerca de las 19.00 se enfrentará con Jesse Levine (174º).

Fecha edición: 06-01-2008

El tenista chileno Nicolás Massú (78º de la ATP) debe jugar su clasificación al cuadro principal del torneo de Auckcland (Nueva Zelandia) esta tarde a partir de las 19.00 horas de Chile ante el estadounidense Jesse Levine (174º).

Ayer el viñamarino derrotó sin problemas al italiano Francesco Aldi (247º) por un contundente doble 6-3 y consiguió su paso a disputar el último partido de las clasificaciones para el torneo oceánico.

El duelo ante el norteamericano, que por primera vez se enfrentarán en el circuito, fue fijado en el court 4 del ASB Bank Tennis Centre a las 11.00 horas del lunes en Nueva Zelandia.

Para accede a esta instancia, Levine derrotó por 6-1 y 6-4 al español Miguel López Jaen (282º).

LOVELY
01-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Radio Cooperativa -
Massú jugará a eso de las 19:00 horas de este domingo su acceso al cuadro de Auckland

El chileno se medirá en el primer turno del court 4 del ASB Bank Tennis Centre ante el estadounidense Jesse Levine, por la segunda ronda y final de la fase de clasificación del evento oceánico.

Tras derrotar por un doble 6-3 al italiano Francesco Aldi (247º de la ATP) en la segunda ronda de la qualy del torneo de Auckland (Nueva Zelanda), Nicolás Massú (78º) disputará en este jornada su paso al cuadro principal ante el estadounidense Jesse Levine (174º), con quien no registra duelos previos.

El encuentro fue fijado en el primer turno de la court 4 del ASB Bank Tennis Centre a eso de las 11:00 horas del lunes en Nueva Zelanda, 19:00 horas (22:00 GMT) de este domingo en Chile.

Uno de sus técnicos, Leonardo Zuleta, reconoció que al rival de 20 años, zurdo, sin títulos "no lo conocemos mucho, pero Nicolás (Massú) ya entrenó con él y creemos que será más agresivo que Aldi".

Para accede a esta instancia, Levine derrotó por 6-1 y 6-4 al español Miguel López Jaen (282º). (Cooperativa.cl)

LOVELY
01-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Radio Cooperativa
En vivo: Nicolás Massú clasificó al cuadro principal de Auckland :yeah:

El número dos de Chile venció por 6-4 y 6-3 al estadounidense Jesse Levine en el partido decisivo de la qualy del torneo neozelandés y ahora esperará el sorteo para conocer al rival del debut.

El chileno Nicolás Massú (78º de la ATP) quiere mantenerse en la senda del triunfo en este comienzo de 2008 y enfrentará al estadounidense Jesse Levine (174º) en su intento por llegar al cuadro principal del torneo de Auckland, en Nueva Zelanda.

El campeón olímpico viene de derrotar al italiano Francesco Aldi (247°) por un doble 6-3 y de ganar, entrará al cuadro principal del torneo oceánico.

LOVELY
01-06-2008, 11:15 PM
La Tercera

Nicolas Massú ganó su paso al cuadro principal de Auckland :)
La segunda raqueta nacional no tuvo mayores problemas para derrotar al estadounidense Jesse Levine por 6-4 y 6-3, clasificando al torneo que se disputa en Nueva Zelandia y que sirve de antesala para el Abierto de Australia.

Fecha edición: 06-01-2008

Sólido fue el andar del tenista nacional Nicolás Massú (80º de la ATP) en la etapa de clasificaciones del Abierto de Auckland, y hoy aseguró su paso al cuadro principal de dicho torneo al vencer al estadounidense Jesse Levine (174º) en el último partido de la denominada "qualy".

El viñamarino no tuvo mayores complicaciones para vencer al estadounidense, con quien no registraba enfrentamientos previos, y durante la hora y 37 minutos por las que se extendió el encuentro, siempre tuvo el control del mismo.

Durante la primera manga le bastó un quiebre en el noveno juego para terminar por imponerse después con su servicio por 6-4, en 50 minutos de partido.

Finalmente en el segundo set la segunda raqueta nacional mostró lo mejor de su tenis y quebrando en el quinto y en el noveno "game" terminó por imponerse con un marcador de 6-3, adjudicándose el partido y con él el paso al cuadro principal del torneo que se disputa en Nueva Zelandia.

De esta forma Nicolás Massú ahora espera el resultado del sorteo para ver cual será su rival en la primera ronda del certamen, antesala del Abierto de Australia, y que tiene como principal favorito al suizo Roger Federer (1º).

LOVELY
01-07-2008, 06:12 PM
La Tercera

Massú debuta hoy en el cuadro principal de Auckland :yeah:
A las 19.00 horas de Chile se producirá el estreno del viñamarino, quien enfrentará al desconocido jugador local G. D. Jones, que al igual que él proviene de las clasificaciones.

Fecha edición: 07-01-2008

Nicolás Massú (80º) debuta esta tarde en el cuadro principal del torneo de Auckland, en Nueva Zelanda, ante el desconocido tenista local G. D. Jones (1.214º), duelo programado para las 19.00 horas de Chile.

La segunda raqueta nacional aseguró su presencia en el certamen luego de superar las clasificaciones, donde derrotó al italiano Francesco Aldi y, ayer, al estadounidense Justine Levine.

Esta será la primera vez que el viñamarino se enfrente al joven jugador neocelandés, que al igual que él proviene de las clasificaciones, y que sólo ha disputado cuatro partidos en el circuito ATP.

En caso de derrotar a Jones, Massú deberá esperar al ganador del encuentro que sostendrán el belga Xavier Malisse (165º) y el finlandés Jarkko Nieminen (26º).

Usted podrá seguir en vivo el partido del chileno aquí en La Tercera Online.

LOVELY
01-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Cooperativa

Massú jugará este lunes ante el neocelandés Jones en la primera ronda de Auckland

El sorteo entre los jugadores salidos de las clasificatorias deparó que el viñamarino se enfrente a partir de las 19:00 horas (22:00 GMT) a otro tenista emanado de la fase previa. Siga el duelo a través del Marcador Virtual de Cooperativa.cl

Tras superar las clasificaciones del torneo de Auckland, el chileno Nicolás Massú (80º de la ATP) hará su estreno 2008 en un cuadro principal este lunes cuando se enfrente a partir de las 19:00 horas (22:00 GMT) al neocelandés G. D. Jones (1.214º).

El chileno derrotó en partidos consecutivos al italiano Francesco Aldi y al estadounidense Justine Levine chocará ante un joven jugador salido de las clasificatorias y que sólo suma cuatro partidos en el circuito mayor del tenis profesional, estando acostumbrado a futuros.

De ganar, Massú chocará ante el vencedor de la brega entre el belga Xavier Malisse (165º) y el finlandés Jarkko Nieminen (26º). (Cooperativa.cl)

LOVELY
01-08-2008, 04:22 PM
La Tercera

Lluvia puso en suspenso rival de Massú en Auckland :rain:

Sólo tres partidos se alcanzaron a jugar en la jornada de ayer en el ATP de Nueva Zelandia, donde Massú avanzó a los octavos de final. El duelo de donde saldrá el rival del chileno se suspendió.

Fecha edición: 08-01-2008

Nicolás Massú (80º de la ATP) consiguió su primer triunfo de la temporada en un cuadro principal ante el neocelandés J.d. Jones (1.214º) y avanzó a los octavos de final del ATP de Auckland.

El viñamarino, que se impuso en sets consecutivos por 6-4 y 6-2, debe esperar el resultado del choque entre el finlandés Jarkko Nieminen (26º) y el belga Xavier Malisse (165º), quienes debían enfrentarse ayer, sin embargo la lluvia pospuso el encuentro.

Cerca de las 18.00 horas e Chile se disputará el duelo de donde saldrá el rival de la segunda raqueta nacional, que espera borrar la mala imagen deja en la temporada 2007.
Resultados
P. Kohlschreiber (GER) a M. Russell (USA) 7-5 y 6-2
S. Roitman (ARG) a L. Rosol (CZE) 6-2 y 7-5
N. Massu (CHI) a G. Jones (NZL) 6-4 y 6-2.

LOVELY
01-08-2008, 04:24 PM
El Mercurio

Martes 8 de enero de 2008

TENIS:
Massú comenzó con sonrisas :D

El viñamarino necesitó de 82 minutos para superar al neozelandés G. D. Jones (1.214 del mundo) en la primera ronda del ATP de Auckland. En la siguiente fase, el chileno se medirá con el vencedor del duelo que anoche disputaban el finlandés Jarkko Nieminen (26° y quinto cabeza de serie del torneo) y el belga Xavier Malisse (165º).

Tres veces había llegado a Auckland (Nueva Zelandia, 464 mil dólares, cemento) Nicolás Massú (80º) en su carrera. Y en las tres había salido con la cola entre las piernas. A diferencia de Marcelo Ríos y Fernando González, que se alzaron como campeones en tierras neozelandesas.

En 2001, la segunda raqueta criolla llegó a Oceanía y cayó en primera ronda ante el estadounidense Jan-Michael Gambill por 7-6 (4) y 6-4.

Pasaron largos cinco años para que el viñamarino volviera a jugar en Auckland. En 2006 tuvo su mejor actuación, cuando llegó a cuartos de final. Venció al eslovaco Domink Hrbaty, al belga Christophe Rochus y sólo se inclinó en cuartos de final ante el finlandés Jarko Nieminen. El año pasado, Massú venció al español Juan Carlos Ferrero, pero en segunda ronda el argentino Juan Ignacio Chela lo doblegó en tres sets.

Ahora, en este año 2008 que se inicia, el viñamarino partió con el pie derecho. Massú derrotó por 6-4 y 6-2 al local G. D. Jones (1.214º) en una hora y 22 minutos.

Trámite cómodo para la segunda raqueta nacional, quien se matriculó con cinco ases y quebró en cuatro ocasiones el servicio de su rival. Un contrincante que mostró muy poco como para amagarle el triunfo al chileno, al que sólo le rompió una vez el servicio.

Con esta victoria, el viñamarino ya acumuló quince unidades para su ranking y se embolsó 7.220 dólares.

Ahora, Massú espera rival para la segunda ronda del certamen. Su contrincante será el ganador del match que al cierre de esta edición disputaban el finlandés Jarkko Nieminen (26° y quinto cabeza de serie del torneo) y el belga Xavier Malisse (165º).

Tras competir en el abierto neozelandés, Massú participará en el Abierto de Australia. Más tarde volverá a Latinoamérica donde se inscribió en Viña del Mar, Costa do Sauípe (Brasil), Buenos Aires (Argentina) y Acapulco (México).

En otros resultados de la jornada de ayer, el argentino Sergio Roitman (70º) batió al checo Lukas Rosol (271º) por 6-2 y 7-5, mientras que el alemán Philipp Kohlschreiber (31º) superó al estadounidense Michael Russell (101º) por 7-5 y 6-2.

LOVELY
01-09-2008, 06:07 PM
La Tercera

Nicolás Massú: "Estoy decidido a volver con todo" ;)

El viñamarino habló después de su victoria sobre el belga Xavier Malisse, que le dio el pase a cuartos de final en Auckland. "Estoy contento porque sigo ganando partidos".

Fecha edición: 09-01-2008

Nicolás Massú está decidido a recuperar terreno en el ranking ATP. Y en ese sentido, su arranque de la temporada 2008 apunta a ese objetivo, ya que esta madrugada consiguió clasificar a los cuartos de final tras derrotar al belga Xavier Malisse.

"Contento porque habíamos jugado un par de veces, la última en Roland Garros en un partido donde creo que gané 9-7 o 10 8 el quinto. Siempre han sido partidos difíciles, porque nos conocemos de juveniles", comenzó diciendo desde Nueva Zelandia.

Con esta victoria, el viñamarino no sólo cosechó su cuarta victoria en el certamen, pues proviene de la qualy, sino que además obtuvo su mejor actuación desde que alcanzó los cuartos de final en Acapulco en febrero de 2007.

"Estoy contento porque sigo ganando, eso te da confianza, y feliz de ganar, eso es lo más importante. Cuando uno entra a la cancha lo único que piensas es tratar de hacer bien las cosas, y si se gana mejor todavía", relató.

Respecto de las expectativas que se crea después de este buen inicio, la segunda raqueta nacional mantiene los piés en la tierra, asegurando que su principal objetivo es mejorar su posición en el ranking de la ATP.

"Cuando llegué acá agaché la cabeza y dije que venía jugar la qualy. Hace mucho años quen no jugaba qualy en la ATP, aunque en Masters Series sí lo había hecho. Pero estoy decidido a volver con todo y estoy con muchas ganas", reconoció.

"Eso no significa que la otra semana voy a ganar todos los torneos, pero sí es el camino correcto para estar pronto en un mejor ranking, en otra parada. Estoy en cuartos de final, y voy a tratar de hacer lo mejor posible".

En esa instancia Massú se medirá con el español Juan Carlos Ferrero, en duelo programado para el segundo turno de la cancha central, es decir, cerca de las 20.30 horas de Chile, y usted podrá seguirlo punto a punto aquí en La Tercera Online.

LOVELY
01-09-2008, 08:32 PM
El Mercurio

Miércoles 9 de enero de 2008

El viñamarino está optimista con su comienzo de año:
Massú: "Esto me da confianza" :D
El campeón olímpico reconoce que no le ha ganado a nadie importante en Auckland, pero siente que ya se nota el trabajo de preparación que hizo para 2008.

Nicolás Massú (80º del mundo) lo tiene claro: sabe que está en los octavos de final del ATP de Auckland (Nueva Zelandia, 464 mil dólares, cemento) después de ganar tres partidos, pero sin derrotar a nadie ubicado entre los cien primeros del orbe. Igual trata de mirar las cosas de manera positiva y valora el haber resuelto con autoridad partidos en los que era favorito.

"Hace mucho tiempo que no jugaba clasificaciones en un torneo de este nivel. Al comienzo fue raro, pero estoy con ganas y haciendo un esfuerzo tremendo para estar motivado y entrenar como siempre para volver a tener un buen ranking. Y ahí están los resultados: estoy jugando bien. Por más que a lo mejor no haya vencido a nadie de gran ranking, he ganado todos mis partidos en dos sets y en forma clara. Todo esto me da confianza. Estoy feliz y con ganas. Cuando uno se siente así puede pasar cualquier cosa y mientras antes ocurra algo, mejor. Tengo mucha fe en lo bueno que me puede pasar", comentó.

"Jugué un par de exhibiciones a fines de 2007 y eso me hizo muy bien, porque jugué buenos partidos. También entrené muy bien en Santiago. Me hacía falta estar más en mi casa, porque siempre hacía las pretemporadas fuera de mi país. Creo que fue bueno, porque en Argentina tenía muchos más jugadores para entrenar, pero tal vez eso me hacía empezar el año ya cansado de estar en hoteles. Este año me preparé cerca de mi familia y de mis amigos. Eso tal vez te da más ganas. Puede ser que logre buenos resultados ahora o a mitad de año, pero me siento capacitado para aprovechar mi momento cuando se me presente", agregó.

Massú disputaba esta madrugada el paso a cuartos de final ante el ganador del pleito que al cierre de esta edición disputaban el belga Xavier Malisse (165º) y el finlandés Jarkko Nieminen (26º).

LOVELY
01-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Cooperativa - 09-01-2008 -

Para Massú lo importante es que en Auckland sigue "sumando confianza" :)

El número dos de Chile expresó su satisfacción por encontrarse en los cuartos de final del torneo neocelandés, donde este miércoles jugará frente al español Juan Carlos Ferrero.

Nicolás Massú (80º) arrancó de la mejor forma la temporada 2008. En el torneo de Auckland ya se encuentra en cuartos de final luego de llegar al cuadro principal al superar las clasificaciones.

El número dos de Chile batió en segunda ronda al belga Xavier Malisse (165º) y este miércoles cerca de las 20:30 horas de nuestro país (23:30 GMT) jugará frente al español Juan Carlos Ferrero (24º).

Sobre el triunfo ante Malisse, el viñamarino se confesó "contento porque habíamos jugado un par de veces, la última en Roland Garros en un partido donde creo que gané 9-7 ó 10-8 el quinto" y añadió en declaraciones que reprodujo latercera.cl que "siempre han sido partidos difíciles, porque nos conocemos de juveniles".

El recuerdo de Massú es el choque en el que superó al belga en el Grand Slam parisino de 2006 por 6-1, 7-5, 1-6, 4-6 y 9-7.

"Estoy contento porque sigo ganando, eso te da confianza, y feliz de ganar, eso es lo más importante. Cuando uno entra a la cancha lo único que piensas es tratar de hacer bien las cosas, y si se gana mejor todavía", completó.

Massú sostuvo que "cuando llegué acá agaché la cabeza y dije que venía jugar la qualy. Hace muchos años que no jugaba qualy en la ATP, aunque en Masters Series sí lo había hecho. Pero estoy decidido a volver con todo y estoy con muchas ganas".

"Eso no significa que la otra semana voy a ganar todos los torneos, pero sí es el camino correcto para estar pronto en un mejor ranking, en otra parada. Estoy en cuartos de final, y voy a tratar de hacer lo mejor posible", añadió. (Agencias)

NicoFan
01-10-2008, 12:02 AM
Merci for posting all the articles Lovely! :hug:

Fergie
01-10-2008, 02:07 AM
Ferrero acabó con la racha de Massú en Auckland

SANTIAGO.- Gusto a poco. No hay dudas, pero Nicolás Massú (80° de la ATP) debe estar tranquilo por el tenis exhibido en Auckland, Nueva Zelanda, especialmente de cara al Abierto de Australia que comienza a jugarse la próxima semana en Melbourne.

Si bien el chileno cayó esta noche (jueves en Oceanía) en cuartos de final ante el español Juan Carlos Ferrero (24°), éste debió batallar mucho y rehacerse tras perder la primera manga. Finalmente el oriundo de Onteniente se impuso por 4-6, 6-3 y 6-4, luego de dos y media horas de tenis.

Massú aún tiene cosas por mejorar para alcanzar el nivel que alguna vez lo llevó a estar entre los 20 mejores jugadores del mundo. Su primer servicio sigue siendo irregular, pese a los seis aces que colocó hoy, y cuando no lo ubica dentro del rectángulo queda muy expuesto con su segundo saque.

El viñamarino quebró en dos oportunidades en el primer set y pese a que Ferrero había devuelto el favor, terminó sucumbiendo en 54 minutos.

Pero el español salió con una mayor disposición a la batalla. Y producto de eso apenas demoró 43 minutos en cerrar la igualdad con un 6-3, tras quedarse con el servicio de Massú en los games tercero y noveno. Este último precisamente le dio la igualdad parcial.

Massú pareció volver a enderezar el duelo, pues quebró de entrada en la tercera y última manga, pero Ferrero hizo lo propio en el cuarto y luego en el décimo juego, avanzado así a semifinales.

Este jueves debiera conocerse el "draw" del Abierto de Australia y mucho dependerá de cuán duro sea el sorteo para aventurarse con el futuro del viñamarino. Pero no debiera estar preocupado, poco a poco comienza a recuperar su aguerrido juego.

kidnicky
01-10-2008, 03:21 AM
Merci Lovely

y Gracias Gracias Fergie, nice article :D

we should start the praying for the freaking draw in Australia :o :lol:

LOVELY
01-10-2008, 04:16 PM
La Tercera

Massú perdió ante Ferrero y se despidió de Auckland :awww:
El viñamarino cayó en un maratónico partido ante el español ex número uno del mundo por 4-6, 6-3 y 6-4, y ahora deberá esperar hasta el Abierto de Australia para ratificar el alza mostrada los últimos días.

Fecha edición: 09-01-2008

Dando lucha hasta el final y dejando en evidencia una considerable alza en su juego, el tenista nacional Nicolás Massú (80º de la ATP) se despidió del Torneo de Auckland tras caer en un maratónico encuentro ante el español Juan Carlos Ferrero (24º) por parciales de 4-6, 6-3 y 6-4.

El encuentro tuvo un comienzo abierto para el chileno, que se llevó la primera manga en 54 largos minutos por 6-4. Massú debió luchar demasiado y tras quebrar en el octavo juego y luego sufrir la misma dosis de vuelta en el noveno, terminó ganándole el saque al ex número uno del mundo para ganar el set.

En la segunda manga el hispano volvió al partido y demostró las razones que lo llevaron a ser le mejor tenista del orbe, ganando el parcial en 44 minutos por un amplio 6-3 tras haber conseguido dos quiebres a su favor.

Finalmente en el último set sólo un error en el décimo juego le costó a Massú perder el partido y quedar eliminado del torneo neozelandés. Ferrero quebró en el décimo juego para llevarse el set por 6-4, el partido y el paso a las semifinales.

Además, el hispano amplió el registro positivo sobre Massú subiendo a seis las victorias en su favor ante sólo dos del viñamarino que ahora deberá esperar hasta el Abierto de Australia para ratificar el alza mostrada en este torneo.

De esta forma, Juan Carlos Ferrero deberá enfrentar por el paso a la final del torneo oceánico al ganador del duelo entre su compatriota David Ferrer y el Francés Julien Benneteau.

LOVELY
01-10-2008, 04:18 PM
El Mercurio

Jueves 10 de enero de 2008

Abierto de Auckland:
Ferrero cortó la racha de Massú
El viñamarino cayó en cuartos de final ante el tenista ibérico por 4-6, 6-3 y 6-4. "Nicolás mostró un buen avance con respecto a su cierre de año", valoró su técnico Leonardo Zuleta.

Once meses tardó Nicolás Massú (80º del mundo) en meterse entre los ocho mejores de un torneo ATP. En febrero de 2007, el chileno alcanzó los cuartos de final de Acapulco tras vencer por 7-6 y 6-3 al italiano Stefano Galvani. Por eso, las expectativas eran altas por lo que pudiera hacer ante el español Juan Carlos Ferrero (24°) ayer en Auckland.

La segunda raqueta de Chile comenzó jugando tan bien como lo hizo en el inicio de la semana. Controlando los puntos, seguro con su saque y, lo más sorprendente, pegando con su derecho, un golpe con el que estaba más bien peleado. Se llevó el set por 6-4.

En la segunda manga, una tempranera desconcentración (break en el tercer juego) lo sacó de la pista y finalmente terminó cediendo el set por 6-3.

Ya en el capítulo final, Massú pareció recobrarse. Quebró de entrada y todo parecía enrielado. Alcanzó a ponerse 2-0. Pero un quiebre en el cuarto game y en el décimo dejaron al viñamarino eliminado del abierto neocelandés.

Sumando y restando, su presentación en Auckland deja más cosas positivas que de las otras. Jugó cinco partidos (una de sus metas era llegar con ritmo al Abierto de Australia que comienza el 14 de enero), ganó nueve sets seguidos y pudo verse un Massú más compenetrado con su juego, con un mayor grado de concentración y golpeando la bola con más agresividad.

"Nicolás mostró un buen avance con respecto a su cierre de año. Con Pato (Rodríguez) pretendíamos que jugara bastante antes de Australia y lo logró. Físicamente está diez puntos y mentalmente se le nota más enfocado. Me dice que está más tranquilo, que no se altera dentro del court", analizó uno de sus técnicos, Leonardo Zuleta.

LOVELY
01-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Cooperativa - 09/01/2008 -

Nicolás Massú quedó eliminado de torneo de Auckland a manos de Juan Carlos Ferrero

El viñamarino perdió el tranco ganador que se extendió desde las clasificaciones y sucumbió ante la mayor regularidad del tenista hispano, que lo dejó en el camino en cuartos de final por 6-4, 3-6 y 4-6.

El chileno Nicolás Massú (80º) no pudo continuar con su buena racha y quedó eliminado en cuartos de final del torneo de Auckland ante el español Juan Carlos Ferrero (24º), por parciales de 6-4, 3-6 y 4-6 en dos horas y 32 minutos.

Si bien el pleito con el hispano asomaba como el más complicado de todos los que sostuvo el viñamarino en el cemento neozelandés, el primer set se presentó muy favorable a Massú, que peleó con la misma intensidad de sus mejores épocas elevó su rendimiento al máximo para quedarse con la primera manga por 6-4.

El segundo tenista nacional sumó un quiebre en el octavo juego del primer capítulo y fue el momento propicio para asegurar el pasaje, pero no lo aprovechó inmediatamente, porque al juego siguiente vino el rompimiento de vuelta, pero se rehizo en el acto y se quedó con el set.

Sin embargo, la segunda manga comenzó de forma negativa para el raquetero criollo, porque el ibérico le rompió de entrada el servicio en el tercer juego del segundo set y lo ratificó con un nuevo quiebre en el noveno game, dejando la cuenta igualada y con el desenlace pospuesto para la última manga.

Y fue acá donde se notó la diferencia en el ranking y la consistencia, ya que el tenista europeo cedió su servicio en los primeros juegos, pero se repuso del golpe y con un gran juego de fondo y apostando por atacar los puntos débiles del juego del chileno rompió dos veces y se quedó con los boletos a semifinales del torneo.

Ahora, Ferrero enfrentará por un lugar en la final de Auckland al ganador del español David Ferrer (5º) y el francés Julien Benneteau (74º), mientras que Nicolás Massú esperará el sorteo para afrontar el primer Grand Slam de la temporada, el Abierto de Australia. (Cooperativa.cl)

Fergie
01-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Nicolás Massú: "Voy bien preparado para Australia"

Si bien Nicolás Massú quedó eliminado en los cuartos de final del torneo de Auckland, ante el español Juan Carlos Ferrero, el viñamarino se mostró satisfecho por el nivel que exhibió en su estreno en la temporada 2008.

"Creo que él jugo muy bien y yo jugué muy bien también, en estos partidos a veces gana uno o el otro, porque son partidos que se definen por dos puntos", señaló el chileno, que incluso llegó a estar 2-0 en el tercer set.

"Se definió en dos pelotas, pero fue un partido de gran nivel para los dos. A veces cuando se pierde así hay que sacar cuentas de qué fue lo que pasó en esos puntos que marcaron la diferencia, eso es lo único que me puedo quejar", sostuvo.

De hecho, desde marzo del 2007 que la segunda raqueta nacional no alcanzaba los cuartos de final de un torneo ATP, resultado que según él lo deja en óptimas condiciones para disputar el primer Gran Slam de la temporada, el Abierto de Australia.

"Estoy contento, lo bueno es que hoy día (ayer) para que me ganaran él tuvo que jugar su mejor tenis, un tipo que tiene grandes tiros de los dos lados. Como dije, podría haber ganado él o yo", subrayó el doble medallista olímpico.

"Estoy jugando buien y con copnfinza, así que voy bien preparado para Australia, y así va a llegar el momento en que voy a ganar un torneo o voy a figurar. Aquí uno busca rendir y creo que lo estoy haciendo", finalizó diciendo.

Fergie
01-12-2008, 02:12 AM
Capdeville es el único chileno que llega con problemas al Abierto de Australia

SANTIAGO.-Este domingo parte el primer Grand Slam del año. El Abierto de Australia, torneo en el que Roger Federer (1° en el ranking) busca conseguir su cuarto título, mientras el segundo jugador del mundo, Rafael Nadal, va por primera vez en su historia por el "top one".

El cuadro principal incluye también a tres chilenos: Fernando González (7°) Nicolás Massú (80°) y Paul Capdeville (100°).

Quien tiene el trabajo más pesado para avanzar en el torneo, es el viñamarino. Si desea escalar en el campeonato, el chileno deberá derrotar en primera ronda al estadounidense James Blake (13°). Sin embargo, y gracias a su actuación en Auckland (llegó a cuartos de final), la confianza es alta.

Uno de sus técnicos, Leonardo Zuleta, confía en que la segunda raqueta chilena realice un buen torneo, puesto que los partidos disputados anteriormente le dieron la confianza necesaria para afrontar de mejor manera el certamen. "Está haciendo bien las cosas, sin embargo uno no puede vivir de la ficción. En estos momentos está preparando su primer partido y así sucesivamente, hasta llegar lo más alto posible", comentó.

Fernando González, por su parte, tiene una gran responsabilidad. Debe defender 700 puntos gracias a su contundente presentación del año pasado, donde llegó a la final y cayó en manos del imparable Roger Federer. De no revalidar su actuación, el tenista de La Reina arriesgaría caer en la clasificación, dificultando sus opciones de mantenerse vivo en los puestos de avanzada del ranking ATP.

Luego de perder con el chipriota Marcos Baghdatis (16°) en el torneo de Kooyong en Australia, la primera raqueta nacional está preparando su partido inaugural, que deberá disputar con un jugador salido de la qualy.

El tercer mejor tenista de Chile, Paul Capdeville (100°), a pesar de tener una molestia en la espalda, espera tener una buena actuación en el país oceánico. Su hermano, William, comenta que el singlista alcanzó un gran nivel y los partidos jugados antes del torneo, le han servido de antesala a tan importante cita tenística. "La dolencia en su espalda se debió a una cargada pretemporada. Por eso que está recuperándose para que no tenga problemas en el torneo", comentó.

"Paul tiene un gran nivel y lo ha demostrado. Ha ganado a "top ten" y "top 50", por eso él debe mantener esa altura. Así podrá realizar una buena competición", explicó su hermano.

Capdeville deberá enfrentar al tenista australiano Brydan Klein (618°), el mismo que el tenista de La Reina derrotó en el torneo de Kooyong el martes recién pasado (7-6 (3) y 6-4).

Los chilenos deberán esperar hasta el martes para comenzar a disputar sus partidos en la competencia oceánica.

LOVELY
01-13-2008, 08:19 PM
La Tercera

Nicolás Massú escaló once puestos en ranking de la ATP :woohoo:
El viñamarino sacó buenos de su estadía en Auckland, por lo que afrontará el Abierto de Australia ocupando el puesto 69º del escalafón. En tanto, Fernando González se mantuvo en la séptima posición.

Fecha edición: 13-01-2008

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6669/laterbq7.jpg

No sólo anímica y tenística fue la recuperación evidenciada por el chileno Nicolás Massú en el ATP de Auckland, torneo en el que llegó a cuartos de final, ya que en el Ranking de Entrada logró escalar 11 posiciones para alcanzar el puesto 69 de la clasificación.

De esta forma, el viñamarino logró salir del puesto 80 por lo que afrontará su participación en el Abierto de Australia, donde tendrá que debutar ante el estadounidense James Blake (15º) como el tenista 69 del mundo.

En tanto, Fernando González continúa sólidamente en su puesto siete, aunque de cara al primer Grand Slam del año tiene un gran desafío, ya que defiende gran cantidad de puntos luego de que el año 2007 alcanzara la final del certamen, donde cayó de forma inapelable ante el suizo Roger Federer (1º).

De sufrir un revés en las primeras rondas del Abierto australiano, González vería perder su categoría de Top Ten cayendo hasta a lo menos hasta la posición 15. De todos modos, el desafío no se vaticina complicado para el de La Reina, ya que en primera ronda chocará ante el griego Konstantinos Economidis (142º).

Por su parte, Paul Capdeville se mantuvo ocupando el puesto 100, por lo que llegará con este ranking a su debut en Australia ante el local Brydan Klein (618°).

kidnicky
01-14-2008, 03:44 AM
:banana:

LOVELY
01-14-2008, 07:45 PM
La Tercera

González y Massú debutan esta madrugada en Australia

El "Bombardero" comenzará el primer Grand Slam del año ante el griego Konstantinos Economidis (147º) cerca de las 05.30 horas, mientras que el viñamarino enfrentará al estadounidense James Blake (15º) a eso de las 02.00.

Fecha edición: 14-01-2008

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/4160/ltrbs0.jpg

Fernando González (7º de la ATP) y Nicolás Massú (69º) comenzarán su participación en el Abierto de Australia en la madrugada de este martes para Chile, donde las dos mejores raquetas nacionales tienen programados sus estrenos.

El "Bombardero de La Reina", que la temporada pasada alcanzó la final del certamen, se enfrentará con el griego Konstantinos Economidis (147º), a quien venció en la única vez que se enfrentaron en los Juegos Olímpicos de Atenas 2004.

Quien resulte vencedor del choque deberá enfrentar al que gane el partido entre el surcoreano Hyung-Taik Lee (47º) y el local Chris Guccione (91º).

El duelo del nacional y del griego está programado para no antes de las 05.30 horas de Chile, mientras que Nicolás Massú hará su estreno cerca de las 02.00 horas ante el estadounidense James Blake (15º).
Difícil misión tendrá el viñamarino al enfrentar a uno de los favoritos para quedarse con el torneo, sin embargo en las dos veces que se han enfrentado el chileno se ha quedado con la victoria.

El ganador del duelo chocará en segunda ronda con el vencedor del pleito entre el también estadounidense Michael Russell (101º) y el italiano Fabio Fognini (94º).

Fergie
01-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Debut y despedida para Massú en Melbourne

Era un complicado debut y se notó. El estadounidense James Blake (15º) no dejó nada al azar y en sólo 97 minutos despachó al tenista chileno Nicolás Massú (69º), de la ronda inicial del Abierto de Australia, con un otundo 6-3, 6-2 y 6-2, cerrando toda posibilidad de que el nacional afianzara el alza en su juego que, por momentos, evidenció en el torneo de Auckland.

Si bien el "Vampiro" tenía en su palmarés un registro positivo frente al norteamericano (2-0), lo cierto es que esta madrugada, fue el oriundo de Yonkers, Nueva York, el que dominó desde el comienzo al ponerse rápidamente 3-1, tras quebrarle el saque a Massú, quien devolvió el favor y emparejó las cifras, hasta ponerse 3-3. No obstante, un espejismo, pues Blake no demoró en romperle el servicio al nacional y cerrar la manga por 6-3.

El segundo set daba para pensar que el campeón olímpico podía repetir jornadas de antaño, donde daba vuelta partidos. Lo cierto es que nada de eso pasó, pues, si bien Massú se puso 2-1 arriba, dos quiebres continuados, le permitieron al estadounidense -clasificado en el puesto 12 a este Grand Slam-, abrochar el marcador por 6-2.

¿Tercera manga? La misma tónica del anterior: un Massú que se puso 1-1 en las cifas, para ceder ante el juego de Blake, quien con otros dos rompimientos, alzó los brazos con el score a su favor: 6-2.

Con esta derrota, el viñamarino registra un triste pasar por Melbourne: en siete apariciones, incluyendo la de hoy, sólo ha obtenido un triunfo.

NicoFan
01-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Lots of excuses in here. Everything with Nico is about how he is "feeling." Every time I hear that from him, I want to call Andre Agassi and tell him to talk to Nico. :lol: Andre always said it doesn't matter how you feel - you just go out and do it!

From cooperativa:

The number two of Chile explained after his elimination of the Open one of Australia that the American player developed an approach that counteracted his options to continue advancing in the first one Grand Slam of the season.

Nicolas Massú (69º of the ATP) confessed his displeasure by the play practiced before James Blake (15º) in the match that was resolved in favor of the American for 6-3, 6-2 and 6-2 and that he sealed the early elimination of the viñamarino in the Open one of Australia.

"Blake played a correct match. He knew me to play well. He audited little and bet on the fast shots. He played the limit, me descolocó and I did not know as to play him", indicated Massú in the press conference after the commitment.

"It cost me a lot to come into play and to dispute the points. On the other hand, he threw deep balls and they entered, what placed me tense and disconcerted", added.

The Olympic champion failed to maintain its positive historic antecedent before Blake, who this time charged itself the revenge and eliminated it in the first round of the oceanic contest. Massú attributed its rout to the little conformism with the weight of the balls.

"They are 128 players in the picture and all they want to win the tournament. I am one more. At times the things leave, in other not, and that passed me before Blake. He played better than me and only remains me to think about the future", commented.

The viñamarino should remain in Australia since next to Spanish Nicolas Almagro should face in the early morning of this Wednesday, and by the competence of double, to the double composed one by the Argentine one Carlos Berlocq next to the Italian one Andreas Seppi. (Cooperative.cl)

LOVELY
01-16-2008, 05:06 PM
La Tercera

Massú: "Me costó mucho entrar en juego"
La segunda raqueta nacional se mostró molesto con su juego que le significó quedar eliminado en primera ronda del Abierto de Australia. "No supe como jugarle", afirmó.

Fecha edición: 15-01-2008

Nicolás Massú (69º de la ATP) se mostró molesto con su juego, luego de quedar eliminado en primera ronda del Abierto de Australia en manos del estadounidense James Blake (15º), con parciales de 6-3, 6-2 y 6-2.

"Blake jugó un partido correcto. Me supo jugar bien. Peloteó poco y apostó por los tiros rápidos. Jugó al límite, me descolocó y no supe como jugarle", señaló el viñamarino en conferencia de prensa.

"Me costó mucho entrar en juego y disputar los puntos. En cambio, el tiraba pelotas profundas y entraban, lo que me colocó tenso y desconcertado", agregó.

El doble campeón olímpico no pudo mantener la buena racha que presentaba ante el norteamericano, ha quien había vencido en las dos oportunidades que se habían enfrentado.

"Son 128 jugadores en el cuadro y todos quieren ganar el torneo. Yo soy uno más. A veces las cosas salen, en otras no, y eso me pasó ante Blake. El jugó mejor que yo y sólo me queda pensar en el futuro", comentó.

Ahora la segunda raqueta nacional se abocará de lleno al torneo de dobles, donde junto al español Nicolás Almagro comenzarán su participación ante el binomio conformado por el argentino Carlos Berlocq y el italiano Andreas Seppi.

LOVELY
01-16-2008, 05:07 PM
La Tercera

Nicolás Massú avanzó en el cuadro de dobles de Australia

El chileno tuvo su revancha en Australia, pues junto a Nicolás Almagro lograron acceder a la segunda ronda del cuadro de dobles del certamen.

Fecha edición: 16-01-2008

Su revancha en el Abierto de Australia tuvo en la jornada de hoy el tenista nacional Nicolás Massú, luego de avanzar a la segunda ronda del cuadro de dobles.

El chileno junto al español Nicolás Almagro lograron conseguir un buen triunfo ante la pareja compuesta por el argentino Carlos Berlocq (97º) y por el italiano Andreas Seppi (385º) por parciales de 5-7, 6-2 y 6-3.

Las cosas no comenzaron bien para la pareja del chileno, pero tras ceder la primera manga volvieron al partido y se quedaron con los dos siguientes parciales.

En la próxima fase el desafío será mayor, pues enfrentarán a los número uno del mundo, los estadounidenses Bob y Mike Bryan.

LOVELY
01-16-2008, 05:12 PM
El Mercurio

Miércoles 16 de enero de 2008

Volverán para jugar en el ATP de Viña:
Massú y Capdeville dijeron adiós
El viñamarino fue "barrido" en su estreno, mientras que el "3" criollo cayó en la segunda ronda.

El Abierto de Australia se quedó con un solo chileno: Nicolás Massú (69°) perdió ante James Blake (15°) por la primera ronda y Paul Capdeville (100°) se inclinó ante Paul-Henri Mathieu (25°) por la segunda fase.

En el caso del viñamarino, no le alcanzó para ilusionarse mucho. Pese a su buen precedente en el ATP de Auckland, la solvencia de Blake fue demasiada y terminó siendo eliminado por un demoledor 6-3, 6-2 y 6-2.

"Él jugó muy bien, y yo no. Pese a que las pelotas eran pesadas, Blake apostó por tiros ajustados y la mayoría le entró. Al final, me puso tenso no saber cómo jugarle", contó Massú.

¿Capdeville? Entró muy encendido al partido, ganando bien el primer set gracias a un excelente tie-break. Pero a partir de ahí el santiaguino bajó notoriamente su nivel, en parte por los dolores en la espalda que ya había sufrido en su juego de primera ronda. Eso lo aprovechó Mathieu para despacharlo por 6-7 (7-5), 6-0, 6-4 y 6-4.

Tras la despedida en Melbourne, ambos volverán a la competición en el ATP de Viña.

LOVELY
01-18-2008, 05:10 PM
La Tercera

Massú: "Lamentablemente nos tocó ante los mejores del mundo" :awww:
Fecha edición: 17-01-2008

Resignado se mostró el tenista nacional Nicolás Massú tras quedar eliminados en la llave de dobles del Abierto de Australia a manos de la dupla formada por los hermanos Bob y Mike Bryan, aunque optó por restarle dramatismo a la derrota.

"Lamentablemente enfrentamos a los mejores del mundo. Pese a eso el partido se definió por dos o tres puntos decisivos", anailó el viñamarino tras el duelo que marca su eliminación definitiva del primer Grand Slam del año.

"Hicimos buenas pareja con Nicolás Almagro, teníamos una buena opción de seguir avanzando, pero lamentablemente ellos se equivocan muy poco y se llevaron el partido", explicó el "vampiro".

De aquí en más, Massú aseguró que "voy a trata de volver a Chile lo antes posible, porque necesito preparar la temporada en arcilla. Todos saben que me gusta jugar mucho en Viña del Mar, que es mi casa. Así que ahora estoy enfocado en ese torneo". :)

Finalmente la segunda raqueta nacional se refirió a lo que podrá hacer Fernando González en el Abierto de Australia, señalnado que "tengo toda la esperanza en que Fernando pueda llegar muy lejos, e incluso mejorar lo que hizo el año pasado", lo que es nada menos que obtener el título del Grand Slam oceánico.

LOVELY
01-18-2008, 05:15 PM
El Mercurio

Viernes 18 de enero de 2008

La jornada:
Massú no pudo en dobles
Cayó en segunda ronda ante los hermanos Bryan.

Era la esperanza que le quedaba a Nicolás Massú en el Abierto de Australia. Junto al español Nicolás Almagro (87° en dobles), el chileno (260º en la modalidad) se había logrado instalar en la segunda ronda del torneo de parejas. Pero el cuadro les jugó una muy mala pasada, porque en esa fase se tuvieron que enfrentar nada menos que a la mejor dupla del mundo: los hermanos Bob y Mike Bryan. Los estadounidenses no tuvieron compasión y, basándose en su mayor jerarquía y experiencia, los dejaron fuera del torneo gracias a un contundente 6-3 y 6-4 en 67 minutos.

NicoFan
01-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Vilas had some brief words about what he thinks about Nico's game. Hope that Nico reads it, because he was saying during the offseason that he can't change his game...that he's been playing this way for a long time and it's not going to change. To me that's a recipe for disaster. No matter what profession you are in, you have to constantly learn new things and do things a different way. The game is different from when he started...he's got to change his game a bit.

From latercera.cl:

"What do you think of the moment of Nicolas Massú?

He is playing well, but what happens with him is the same as with González. The people already knows his play. Some time they were surprised but now they expect it. Always one must bring some another thing. It seems me that their play lost the factor surprise and thus the matches are done a little more long."

ChinoRios4Ever
01-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Vilas go to hell you overhyped mug :ras:

but i think he's right :angel:

kidnicky
01-21-2008, 06:48 PM
:rolls:

NicoFan
01-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Vilas go to hell you overhyped mug :ras:

but i think he's right :angel:

NicoFan
01-22-2008, 10:12 PM
Lucho had some kind words for Nico. :yeah:

Lucho. :hug: :kiss:

And to Nicolas Massú, ¿you see him with projection? (Kid - what should this word be??? :lol:)

"Of course. I see him very well, with many desires and I was told it in Auckland. It seems to me that he is enjoying tennis more, he has a lot of talent and an enviable fight".

kidnicky
01-22-2008, 10:24 PM
proejction :haha: it could be future? like if he sees a good future for Nico I guess :p

I hate those translators :rolls:

I don't know, I still don't forget that Lucho took our Viña title the last year :o :lol:

kidnicky
01-24-2008, 04:04 PM
From la tercera.cl

Nicolás Massú ya se prepara para el ATP de Viña del Mar
La segunda raqueta nacional está entrenando para el torneo viñamarino en el court central del Club de Campo Las Salinas. "He estado en dos finales acá, pero este año quiero ganar el título", señaló.

Los últimos resultados no han sido los mejores para el tenista nacional Nicolás Massú. De todos modos, el "Vampiro" está realizando una intensa preparación en el court central del Club Naval de Campo Las Salinas con un sólo objetivo en mente: Ser campeón del ATP de Viña del Mar.

La segunda raqueta nacional hoy por la mañana entrenó junto al reciente ganador del Challenger de La Serena, el español Rubén Ramírez Hidalgo, siendo supervisado de cerca por su entrenador, Patricio Rodríguez.

"Estoy muy contento, siempre es un honor estar jugando en Viña, en mi país, mi ciudad. La verdad es que este es el único torneo importante que tenemos, un ATP. Por suerte puedo estar acá una vez más, aunque pase el tiempo, la verdad es que llego con muchas ganas de ser campeón", señaló el viñamarino.

Las declaraciones hechas por Massú fueron en el marco de una visita de las autoridades viñamarinas al Club Las Salinas para revisar los avances de las obras en el court central, lugar donde se llevará a cabo el mencionado torneo.

"Espero rendir al máximo en esta oportunidad. Los últimos dos años he estado en la final. Han sido buenos resultados pero no he podido ganar, y esta vez me interesa ganar", apuntó el "Vampiro".

Finalmente, respecto al próximo duelo de Copa Davis que sostendrá Chile, el tenista nacional explicó que en este momento "no estoy pensando mucho en eso. Por ahora sólo pienso en el torneo de Viña. El tenis no es un deporte que te deje pensar mucho a futuro. Son tantos desafíos y muchos torneos. Acá sólo te vas preparando para el torneo que viene inmediatamente. Además, falta mucho para eso todavía".

El ATP de Viña del Mar se disputará entre el 28 y el 3 de febrero en el Club Naval de Campo Las Salinas, y posteriormente en este mismo recinto se disputará entre el 11 y el 17 de febrero el torneo WTA "Cachantun Cup".

kidnicky
01-24-2008, 04:47 PM
From emol now ... btw the title says Patricio Rodriguez "Nicolas can go very high in the ATP of Viña" and my thought about it was "he better gets very high on the tournament otherwise I'll kick your ugly butt" :o :lol:

Patricio Rodríguez: “Nicolás puede llegar muy alto en el ATP de Viña”Jueves 24 de Enero de 2008

Javier Ugarte Marisio, El Mercurio Online

SANTIAGO.- Minutos antes de iniciar la práctica matinal de este jueves junto a su pupilo Nicolás Massú, gentilmente su coach, Patricio Rodríguez, accedió a analizar con Emol el momento de la segunda raqueta chilena, de cara al ATP de Viña del Mar que comienza el próximo lunes.

Según Rodríguez, quien junto a Massú se encuentran trabajando hace más de una semana en la Ciudad Jardín, "Nico está en excelente forma física y como lo he visto en los entrenamientos va a llegar muy bien al campeonato".

Agregó que "si bien le falta adaptarse aún más a las nuevas pelotas, cada día que pasa quedo más conforme por su entrega. Creo que por lo que jugó en el Abierto de Auckland (quedó eliminado en cuartos de final) y como está hoy puede llegar muy alto en el ATP de Viña".

Al respecto y sobre la presión que podría recaer en el campeón olímpico, por haber llegado a la final el año pasado y donde deberá defender 120 unidades, Rodríguez no le da mayor relevancia. "Eso de la presión lo dicen ustedes. La verdad que como entrenador no es un tema que lo converse con él. Quizás puede existir en Nicolás una mayor ansia por hacer un buen torneo, pero en ningún caso se encuentra presionado por obtener la copa".

En ese sentido, el adiestrador insiste que "estoy tranquilo porque sé que Nicolás está trabajando muy bien y se encuentra con muchas ganas y muy motivado".

Sobre el actual ranking de Massú (69°) y sino llega a la final en Viña podría salir del top 100, Rodríguez manifestó que "no estoy pensando en que tiene que revalidar sus puntos para mantenerse en una buena posición, sólo estamos preocupados de que se prepare de la mejor forma. Además, él más que nadie sabe que su puesto en el ranking es absolutamente engañoso, ya que tiene edad y tenis de sobra para estar mucho más arriba".

Finalmente el coach dijo que las proyecciones para el primer semestre de esta temporada son "centrase más en los torneos de arcilla y que logre un tenis más regular y consistente".

NicoFan
01-24-2008, 05:20 PM
Nothing like him jinxing Nico. :o

And :lol: Kid...

kidnicky
01-24-2008, 06:44 PM
:p .... if he comes to Acapulco and Nico doesn't win Viña this time, something serious could happen to that ugly Pato :armed: :lol:

NicoFan
01-24-2008, 06:46 PM

Pato's got 4 tournaments to prove his coaching abilities (though with that said, I still think 99% of his fall is Nico's own fault). Vina, Brasil, BA, and Acapulco. No wins, I don't want to see Pato's face when Nico comes to the U.S. :(

kidnicky
01-24-2008, 06:55 PM
I still don't want to see his face no matter if Nico wins all those tournaments .. he is scary :scared: :lol:

Sparko1030
01-25-2008, 03:04 AM
:rolls: Kid :lol:

I don't think having Pato for a coach is what Vilas would recomend to help NIco change his game......:devil:

kidnicky
01-25-2008, 03:22 AM
nobody recomends to Nico to have him as a coach, not only us :rolls:

LOVELY
01-27-2008, 10:41 PM
La Tercera

Massú es el nuevo rostro del Comité Olímpico para Beijing
El doble campeón en Atenas 2004 estará en todas las presentaciones de ADO Chile "para motivar el deporte entre los jovenes", expresó el mandamás del COCh, Neven Ilic.

Fecha edición: 27-01-2008

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5240/olimphr1.jpg

La segunda raqueta nacional, Nicolás Massú, fue presentado por el Comité Olímpico de Chile como rostro de ADO para el 2008, año en que se celebran los Juegos en Beijing.

El doble campeón olímpico manifestó que "espera que en estos Juegos a Chile le vaya muy bien, no sólo en tenis sino que en otros deportes. Sé que es difícil, pero estamos en buen camino, Chile es un país que quiere estos triunfos y los necesita, no tenemos nada que envidiarle a otros", dijo el viñamarino en su presentación.

Con respecto a revalidar el título conseguido en Atenas 2004, el 69 del mundo dijo que "todo depende de como esté en las semanas previas, porque, por ejemplo, uno puede estar rindiendo al máximo y tener un bajón en los Juegos o al contrario, pero creo que en esa época voy a estar bien preparado y llegando de buena forma".

Mientras que el presidente del COCh, Neven Ilic, se mostró contento por contar con el tenista chileno como rostro. "Nicolás será el rostro de ADO Chile, se supone que con esto estará en todas las presentaciones y todas las actividades que tenga ADO para promocionar la actividad deportiva también acompañado de otros deportista. Está es la mejor forma de proyectar el deporte y esperar tener un repunte en toda la actividad", manifestó el mandamás del COCh.

El nuevo rostro de ADO Chile debutará este lunes en el ATP de Viña del Mar ante el argentino Sergio Roitman, a las 22.15 horas.

NicoFan
01-27-2008, 10:50 PM
That's so nice...I worried that with his drop in ranking that they might not even let him go to Beijing. Yeay for Nico!

LOVELY
01-27-2008, 11:12 PM
Cooperativa

Nicolás Massú será el rostro del Plan ADO durante el año olímpico :cool:

El tenista fue presentado como la imagen del programa que está apuntado a lograr medallas en Londres 2012. Además, la segunda raqueta nacional se refirió a su primer encuentro en el ATP de Viña ante el argentino Sergio Roitman.

Massú dijo sentirse "esperanzado" de cara a su debut en Viña
Por Germán Toro Tapia desde Viña del Mar

La conquista de las medallas de oro en singles y dobles del tenista Nicolás Massú (69º del ATP) en los pasados Juegos Olímpicos de Atenas 2004 sigue viva en la retina del público deportivo de nuestro país y por ello, fue escogido por el Comité Olímpico para ser el rostro del Plan ADO.

El programa está enfocado a preparar deportistas con miras al evento de Londres 2012 y el jugador viñamarino asumió la responsabilidad de ser el abanderado de la iniciativa.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/1997/olimp1zu0.jpg
Massú firmó el convenio que se extenderá por todo el 2008 (Foto: Germán Toro)

"Ser el rostro para todo un país es un honor, así que espero hacerlo de la mejor manera, tratar de aportar en lo que pueda y ojalá en Pekín 2008 nos vaya mejor de lo que nos fue y creo que estamos en el buen camino", dijo Massú en la presentación.

El campeón en suelo griego se mostró tranquilo de cara a la revalidación de su título. "Todo depende de cómo uno llegue en las semanas previas, porque, por ejemplo, uno puede estar rindiendo al máximo y tener un bajón en los Juegos o al contrario, pero creo que en esa época voy a estar bien preparado y llegando de buena forma", aventuró el chileno.

En tanto, el presidente del COCH, Neven Ilic, explicó las razones para escoger al especialista del deporte blanco como insignia de su principal proyecto, que ya entregó seis medallas de oro en los Panamericanos de Río 2007.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2218/olimp2pw0.jpg
El doble medallista olímpico será el rostro de los deportistas acogidos al Plan ADO (Foto: Germán Toro)

"Me acerqué a él y le dije que así como necesito la ayuda de las empresas que aportan el dinero, también lo necesito como ejemplo de esfuerzo, trabajo, de gran persona, con grandes logros para mostrarle su imagen al país y al mundo", contó, señalando que el convenio tendrá duración por todo el 2008.

"Nosotros lo tomamos como nuestro ideal, nuestro valor, lo que queremos transmitir a los deportistas chilenos tantos viejos como nuevos, él demostró que sí se puede", enfatizó el dirigente.

El torneo de tenis de los Juegos Olímpicos 2008 se desarrollará desde el 10 al 17 de agosto en China, y Chile tiene la dura misión de defender la presea dorada y de bronce en singles, en poder de Massú y Fernando González, respectivamente, además del oro en dobles.

Massú dijo sentirse "esperanzado" de cara a su debut en Viña

Una nueva oportunidad para por fin quedarse con el torneo de su ciudad tendrá Nicolás Massú cuando a partir de este martes a las 22:15 horas (00:15 GTM) debute en la arcilla del Club Naval de Campo Las Salinas ante el argentino Sergio Roitman (72º), a quien eliminó por retiro en 2007 en un dramático partido.

"Fue extraño, estaba jugando de noche y me tocó jugar de día, la cancha estaba bastante rápida. Me costó el primer set entrar en juego, y después agarré más ritmo y él se terminó retirando", rememoró el chileno, en un encuentro que partió perdiendo 0-6 y se mantuvo vivo tras ganar un luchado tie break en el segundo parcial.

Pese a ello, Massú le restó importancia a la identidad de su adversario, con quien tiene un registro de dos victorias (se suma Casablanca 2007) y una derrota (en Kitzbuhel el mismo año), asegurando que está concentrado en lo que él pueda desarrollar sobre la cancha de su ciudad natal.

"No he visto el cuadro, nunca los veo, no preocupo de mi rival y estoy bien preparado, con ganas. Cuando uno espera jugar todo el año en su país y después de perder dos finales, uno tiene la esperanza, pero no hay que presionarse más de la cuenta", sostuvo.

Finalmente, el pupilo de Leonardo Zuleta y Patricio Rodríguez se refirió la sede del duelo por Copa Davis que se jugará ante México o Canadá en suelo nacional entre el 11 y 13 de abril próximos.

"Se está viendo, está Viña o Santiago, esta semana estoy preocupado del torneo y cuando termine, nos sentaremos todos a conversar, con más calma, aunque donde haya chilenos voy a estar feliz", manifestó Massú en forma diplomática. (Cooperativa.cl)

NicoFan
01-27-2008, 11:49 PM
Thanks for posting Lovely! :hug:

kidnicky
01-28-2008, 03:24 AM
Thanks for the articles Lovely :hug:

I'm about to cry :awww: I'd have never thought that he'd be chosen to be the one representing all this for the olympics :bigcry: it is so nice of this people to let him do this.

NicoFan
01-28-2008, 11:37 AM
I know...I was worried they wouldn't even let Nico go since his ranking has dropped. It's going to be so wonderful seeing him leading the Olympic charge for Chile. :yeah:

Fergie
01-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Massú: "No me siento presionado por llegar a la final"

VIÑA DREL MAR.- Dejando atrás un 2007 para el olvido, Nicolás Massú está decidido a realizar una gran temporada que le permita escalar la mayor cantidad de puestos en el ranking de la ATP.

Luego de llegar a cuartos de final en Auckland y primera ronda en el Abierto de Australia, ahora el desafío de la segunda raqueta nacional será repetir la final del año pasado en el torneo viñamarino. Sin embargo, la tarea no es menor pues en la primera rueda del certamen costero deberá enfrentar al argentino Sergio Roitman (72°), con quien el año pasado jugó un encuentro donde el trasandino ganaba holgadamente, pero tuvo que abandonar por problemas musculares.

Bajo las órdenes del técnico Patricio Rodríguez, Massú hace más de una semana que se encuentra trabajando en la Quinta Región. No quiere defraudar en su tierra y para ello las ansias de debutar este lunes se acrecientan a medida que avanzan las horas.

"Me siento con muchas ganas y tremendamente motivado de hacer un buen torneo, sobre todo en mi ciudad y con mi público", señaló Massú este domingo en una concurrida conferencia de prensa donde fue presentado por el Comité Olímpico de Chile (COCh) como rostro oficial de ADO Chile (Asociación de Deportistas Olímpicos) por todo el 2008.

Sobre las expectativas que tiene para el certamen viñamarino, el campeón olímpico manifestó que "va a ser un campeonato muy duro, con jugadores de muy alto nivel, por lo tanto tendré que luchar partido a partido y entregarme al máximo para llegar bien alto".

En ese sentido, Massú agregó que "me he preparado muy bien durante esta semana y quiero hacer un buen torneo, pero en ningún caso me siento presionado por llegar a la final. No porque gane un torneo o pierda en primera ronda me va a cambiar la vida. Para mí lo importante es preocuparme de estar bien de la cabeza y con la confianza suficiente para darme cuenta que tengo tenis para llegar bien alto".

De su rival de este lunes, comentó que "lo conozco muy bien, de hecho jugamos hace poco más de un mes en Brasil y tuve la suerte de ganarle. Obviamente, él va a hacer todo lo posible para ganarme, no va a ser fácil, pero insisto, estoy con mucha confianza y físicamente mejor que el año pasado, por eso creo que me va a ir bien".

Fergie
01-28-2008, 12:16 PM
"Repetir el oro sería un sueño"

A siete meses para que se inicien los Juegos Olímpicos en Beijing, el tenista Nicolás Massú se toma con tranquilidad la defensa de sus dos medallas de oro, en singles y dobles.

"Sé que muchos ojos estarán puestos en mí por lo que pueda hacer en las Olimpiadas. Siempre al defensor de alguna medalla le va a recaer cierta presión, pero no en mi caso. Yo voy a viajar con mucha tranquilidad y no me voy a dejar presionar", comentó.

En ese sentido, el viñamarino manifestó que "la presión la van a tener aquellos tenistas que aún no han logrado un título Olímpico. Para mí eso ya es tarea cumplida, aunque obviamente, si llego a repetir un oro, sería un sueño. Pero más allá de lo que yo pueda hacer en las Olimpiadas, lo importante es que viajemos la mayor cantidad de deportistas y dejemos bien puesto el nombre de Chile", apuntó Massú.

GonzoFan
01-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Guille Coria talked about Nico

"El Tour necesita jugadores como Massú"

Una gran amistad une a Guillermo Coria con Nicolás Massú (69°) y Fernando González (7°). El hecho de que hayan sido prácticamente de la misma generación -el argentino tiene dos años menos que los chilenos- hace que el trasandino conozca bien a los dos jugadores chilenos.

"Los veo bien. Al Nico (Massú) le pasó un poco como a mí, porque desde muy chicos que venimos jugando y tenemos una personalidad de no querer perder nada, de luchar en cada punto, y con los años uno se va desgastando y vas perdiendo la confianza", admite Coria.

"Pero Nicolás es un jugador para estar dentro de los 20 primeros del ranking; es muy duro de vencer, la verdad es que lo admiro muchísimo por la garra que le pone a sus partidos, y aparte de que como persona es muy divertido. Es de los jugadores que se extrañan cuando no está en el torneo, porque te hace reír, el tour lo necesita. Ojalá que recupere pronto los primeros lugares".

NicoFan
01-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Guille...how sweet!!! A :kiss: and a :hug: for Guille!!!

Gracias to Fergie and GF for posting the articulos. :hug:

kidnicky
01-28-2008, 01:35 PM
yeah yeah nice article, I don't care, I still don't buy it, I never forget Coria NEVER! :ras: :haha:

Thanks for the articles girls, this is my insane week so every single article makes me wanna cry :awww: :lol:

GonzoFan
01-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Awww Kid don't be so mean to poor Coria :awww: He is your Nico's friend ;)

kidnicky
01-28-2008, 02:50 PM
nah, I don't believe him a single word :o :lol:

GonzoFan
01-28-2008, 03:00 PM
:rolls:

kidnicky
01-28-2008, 03:05 PM
:angel:

Fergie
01-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Massú se alistó para debut en el ATP de Viña del Mar

El tenista nacional Nicolás Massú (69º del ATP), realizó un intenso entrenamiento durante la mañana de hoy de cara a su debut de esta noche en el Abierto de Viña del Mar ante el argentino Sergio Roitman (72º).

El partido entre el viñamarino y el transandino en el Movistar Open está programado para las 22.15 horas, y usted lo podrá seguir en vivo punto a punto a través de La Tercera Online.

En esta edición del torneo viñamarino, el "Vampiro" quiere superar lo hecho en 2006 y 2007, donde fue finalista en ambas ocasiones pero debió conformarse con los vicecampeonatos tras caer ante el argentino José Acasuso y el peruano Luis Horna, respectivamente.

"Llego con muchas ganas de ser campeón. Espero rendir al máximo en esta oportunidad. Los últimos dos años he estado en la final. Han sido buenos resultados, pero no he podido ganar, y esta vez me interesa ganar", señaló Massú.

Respecto de su rival, la segunda raqueta nacional le restó importancia a su identidad: "No he visto el cuadro, nunca los veo, no me preocupo de mi rival y estoy bien preparado, con ganas. Más que estar preocupado del rival, estoy preocupado de mí. Uno espera todo el año para jugar en mi país y en mi ciudad. He estado en dos finales y reitero que me siento bien y preparado y, además, uno siempre tiene la esperanza, pero no hay que presionarse más de la cuenta".

En lo que respecta de las estadísticas ante Roitman, el viñamarino lo ha enfrentado en tres ocasiones, con saldo positivo a su favor de dos victorias (Casablanca y Viña del Mar, ambas en 2007) contra sólo un revés (Kitzbuhel 2007), aunque la vez que se enfrentaron en la Ciudad Jardín, la victoria se la llevó el chileno por retiro del transandino.

Tanto Massú como Roitman llegan a este encuentro luego de haber sido eliminados en primera ronda del Abierto de Australia a manos del estadounidense James Blake (15º) y del alemán Denis Gremelmayr (119º), respectivamente, aunque Massú logró escalar desde el puesto 80 al 69 del ránking, tras alcanzar los cuartos de final en el ATP de Auckland.

LOVELY
01-29-2008, 12:17 AM
Cooperativa

Patricio Rodríguez palpita el debut de Massú en Viña: "No será fácil" (21")

El entrenador del tenista nacional se mostró confiado en que Massú avanzará a segunda ronda en un duelo que usted podrá seguir a través del Marcador Virtual de Cooperativa.cl

El técnico Patricio Rodríguez, entrenador de Nicolás Massú (70° en el ránking ATP) se mostró confiado en que el tenista nacional pueda sortear con éxito, este lunes, su debut en el ATP de Viña del Mar, ante el trasandino Sergio Roitman (72° del mundo).

Rodríguez expresó que, si bien no existen partidos fáciles, espera que Massú avance a la segunda ronda del torneo viñamarino.

"Es un partido de primera rueda, que no son fáciles, pero como está jugando bien 'Nico' y está en su casa, debería salir airoso", declaró el técnico del campeón olímpico.

Además, Rodríguez dejó en claro los objetivos que tiene Nicolás Massú para este campeonato.

"Ganar el torneo si se puede, ya que uno entra a jugar los campeonatos para ganarlos", agregó Rodríguez.

Por su parte, Sergio Roitman señaló que este nuevo duelo ante Massú no es una revancha, si no más bien, una nueva chance después de la lesión sufrida el torneo pasado y que le impidió terminar el match.

"Revancha no es una palabra muy linda, no usaría esa palabra, pero si es una oportunidad nueva, otra vez Massú acá, el año pasado me desgarré en el primer set, no pude jugar al cien por ciento, de hecho tuve que abandonar, así que esperemos que esta vez no pase nada raro", señaló Roitman.

Nicolás Massú y Sergio Roitman se enfrentarán este lunes a las 22:15 horas (01:15 GTM) en el Court Central del Club Naval de Campo Las Salinas, por la primera ronda del ATP de Viña del Mar.

Siga las alternativas del match a través del Marcador Virtual de Cooperativa.cl(Cooperativa.cl)

Fergie
01-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Massú tras la derrota: "Estoy en un proceso de recuperación"

Tras la derrota sufrida la noche del lunes en la primera ronda del ATP de Viña del Mar, Nicolás Massú argumentó que quedar eliminado en el torneo local le duele bastante, sin embargo se muestra tranquilo porque está trabajando para llegar a ser el de antes.

"Ahora estoy entrenando mejor que nunca y las cosas no salen, eso es lo más difícil que asumir que que perdiste y sobre todo en tu ciudad, no me siento jugando bien, no siento la pelota con la rapidez de antes", dijo el viñamarino.

La segunda raqueta nacional, que bajará cerca de 20 lugares en el ranking ATP aseguró que no le importan los números, sólo que tiene que encontrar su mejor juego.

"Quizás el lunes aparezco 100º, pero no me molesta porque estoy en un proceso de recuperación. En los entrenamientos estoy jugando bien, pero no sirve si no es en los partidos, me pongo tenso porque no me salen las cosas y me enredo", argumentó el doble campeón olímpico.

Sobre un eventual retiro Massú fue enfático en rechazar la idea, "cuando pierda la fe en mi dejaré el tenis antes no. Tengo un espíritu de lucha bastante bueno y eso me da fuerzas", agregó.

Ahora el "Vampiro" decidirá junto a su cuerpo técnico que hará con respecto a su futuro, el próximo torneo es en Brasil para lo cual la preparación podría ser en Santiago en la misma Ciudad Jardín.

LOVELY
01-29-2008, 01:10 PM
La Tercera

Massú se despidió del ATP de Viña y caerá en el ranking :awww:

La segunda raqueta nacional cayó ante Sergio Roitman por 7-6 (3), 6-7 (4) y 3-6 en más de tres horas de partido. La derrota del irregular chileno le significará perder cerca de 20 lugares en el sistema de entrada.

Fecha edición: 29-01-2008

En un maratónico partido Nicolás Massú (70º de la ATP) se despidió del ATP de Viña del Mar al caer en primera ronda ante el argentino Sergio Roitman (72º)en tres sets con parciales de 7-6 (3), 6-7 (4) y 3-6 en más de tres horas de partido.

El chileno no tuvo un buen desempeño en el court central del Club Naval de Campo Las Salinas, donde comenzó ganando el primer set, pero demostrando muchas errores no forzados.

El viñamarino tuvo tres oportunidades de quebrar en tres juegos distintos, pero el cerrar los games le costó en demasía a la segunda raqueta nacional, que tuvo que jugar cerca de hora y media para abrochar el primer set.

En el segundo, el chileno comenzó mal, al entregar sus dos primeros servicios y el partido se le puso cuesta arriba, ya que sólo en el décimo juego pudo igualar las acciones para obligar al segundo desempate del encuentro, que finalmente se lo llevó el argentino por un contundente 7-4 en el tie break.

En la definición del partido nuevamente el nacional entregó sus primeros dos servicios lo que dejó que Roitman, que en la serie estaba 1-2 abajo, quedar rápidamente 4-0 en el set.

Sin mucho que hacer el viñamarino batalló, pero esta vez no pudo conseguir avanzar en el torneo, que los dos años anteriores lo tuvieron como finalista del certamen chileno y entregó el último set por 3-6.

Con esta derrota Massú caerá cerca de 20 puestos, ya que no defendió los 120 puntos conseguidos el año pasado.

Ahora Sergio Roitman enfrentará al español Santiago Ventura, que derrotó al argentino Gastón Gaudio.

Fergie
01-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Nicolás Massú: "Entreno durísimo, pero en los partidos no me sale nada"

VIÑA DE MAR.- Entre los más de 40 periodistas que se encontraban en la sala de prensa del Club de Tenis Las Salinas, a la espera de Nicolás Massú luego de su eliminación del ATP de Viña, corría fuerte el rumor que el tenista no asistiría a la rueda de preguntas.

Sin embargo, a las 02:50 horas de la madrugada de este martes y acompañado de su madre, Massú no tuvo inconvenientes para enfrentar a los medios, ni mucho menos de asumir un alto grado de autocrítica.

"No jugué suelto, ni tampoco pude manejar el partido. Si bien tuve algunas jugadas buenas, en general me sentí tieso en la cancha", explicó el campeón olímpico con evidente rostro de frustración por su temprana despedida del certamen de la Quinta Región, donde el 2006 y 2007 llegó a la final.

Según Nicolás, "en estos momentos me resulta muy complicado seguir ahondando en las causas de esta derrota, ya que estaba muy ilusionado de ganar el título, sobre todo en mi ciudad y con mi gente. Pero ya está, esto pasó por Nicolás Massú y no hay otro motivo".

Agregó que "lamentablemente es lo que hay. Entreno durísimo en las semana, pero en los partidos no me sale nada, eso es muy duro de asumir".

Pese a estas palabras poco alentadoras, el medallista de oro en Atenas 2004 asegura que "sé que voy a salir adelante, ya que estoy en un proceso de franca recuperación. Hace seis meses no jugaba nada y hoy poco a poco estoy retomando mi nivel. Para eso trabajo duro, porque confío en que recuperaré mi tenis y voy a subir en el ranking".

¿Quizás te pasó la cuenta el hecho de que en Viña siempre estás con la presión de ganar?
"Es que no me sentía presionado por obtener el título, sino lo que me interesa es encontrarme con mi tenis. Obviamente que lo único que quiero ahora es irme para mi casa y descansar un par de días, pero eso no me sirve. Si quiero volver a retomar mi tenis, debo volver a trabajar y trabajar, nada más".

¿Te has propuesto algún límite de tiempo para recuperar tu nivel?
"No, para nada. Quiero ir paso a paso. Sin son dos meses o seis me da lo mismo. Sé que comenzando a ganar partidos me voy sentir bien y con la convicción suficiente de que tengo tenis para llegar más alto".

Técnicamente, ¿cuáles son tus principales problemas?
"Creo que he perdido consistencia con mi derecha, y mi servicio y el revés están algo débil. Pero te insisto, todo va en el trabajo que estoy realizando. No puedo cambiar mi nivel de un minuto a otro, esto es un proceso y creo que voy por el camino correcto".

¿Tenemos Nicolás Massú para rato?
"Absolutamente. Lo único que sé hacer en esta vida es jugar al tenis. Esto es mi pasión y tengo mucha fe y confianza en que volveré a retomar mi juego. Quizás podría retirarme y decir que gané muchas cosas importantes, que fui top ten y campeón olímpico, pero no sería consecuente conmigo mismo. Cuando decida no jugar más va a ser el día que esté con la tranquilidad suficiente de que di todo por volver y no se pudo. Por ahora eso no me está pasando".

kidnicky
01-29-2008, 04:18 PM
:sobbing: :sobbing:

thanks Fergie :hug:

:bigcry:

NicoFan
02-01-2008, 01:10 PM
From emol.com:

Since very early by the walkways of the Club Naval de Campo Las Salinas strolls himself from a side for other coach of Nicolas Massú, Leonardo Zuleta. He greets as much as player he is crossed him and he talks with some linesmen. He is that the coach is one of the most recognized people of the ATP of Vina.

"Since this tournament in the Fifth Region was initiated, always I have been present and I try to collaborate with everything that itself so that its development be a success", account that of Villa Alemana.

The coach of Massú (integrates the technical body next to Patrician Rodriguez) comments that this year the picture of players has been of a high level. "Clearly we are in the presence of the most competitive championship to South American level. The quality of players that this year speech of the quality of the contest arrived. I believe that now the people does not only come to see the Chilean players, but also enjoys play of the Argentines and European".

But beyond its comments on the organization of the ATP, Zuleta stops a while to analyze the moment that its boarder lives, after remain eliminated in the first round of the contest viñamarino.

"I felt a lot of grief with the rout of Nicolas, since we came coaching very hard, in double day and besides the planning of the match with Roitman (Sergio) was very clear, but sadly there were circumstances that one cannot predict and that can change you all in a minute. Obviously his elimination surprised me", maintained.

Zuleta added that "what worries is me that I did not see in Nicolas an innovation in the difficult moments. His mental part has not suffered a great change and continues being the main minus factor that impedes him to close the matches when he carries a certain advantage".

According to the coach, "he before a match can be physically spectacular, but there are passages of the encounter that goes very well and instead of taking advantage of his play, sees it as a threat. That disturbs him and finally removes it of the match".

-¿Of what form they are working to finish with these threats?

"I know Nicolas since his younger years and he is far away one of the most professional sportsmen than me has touched to coach. Today he is motivated and his desires by improving I see them better than ever, that is fundamental to finish with this minus factor. For it, we join all the technical body and obviously Nicolas to watch the video of his loss to Roitman and to jump to conclusions".

-¿What conclusions have removed?

"Beyond seeing his technical errors, interests us to know which are those negative thoughts that invade him; if their recriminations are negativer than positive is there where we should work still more".

-¿He sees with optimism a mental change in Nicolas?

"Of course, he and all the technical body we are optimistic. He is 28 years old and it more important is that has never freed the level of its tennis. His power has maintained intact and the training carries out them as a top have. In the measure that fence surpassing his psycological problems does not fit me the smaller doubt that will begin its rise in the ranking".

-¿Which is the objective that have designed themselves for this year?

"Our goal is to finish the season in a good position. I am calm because I see Nicolas tremendously motivated and I know that is going to put all to finish with his psycological problems that bother him".

NicoFan
02-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Nano is right about Nico's mental state on court.

That's always been his problem, but it's been really bad lately. :sad:

But with that said, even though this is mostly Nico, as any sports fan knows, a good coach can help with that. And obviously Pato and Nano don't have what it takes to get him over that.

So fire 'em NICO! :fiery: :lol:

kidnicky
02-01-2008, 01:18 PM
I guess Nano was :drink: when he said that the level of this tournament has increased a lot and that a lot of great players are there :retard: besides Gonzalez and Monaco Viña right now is more a challenger than an ATP tournament :rolls:

supossly Nano came back with Nico since he always helped him through the rough times since he knows Nico since he was a kid and all that ... well he is not proven me that to me until now, of course it's Nico's problem but the main point of why is Nano back is because supossly he gave to Nico the support and emotional advices that his former coach never gave to Nico :retard: (yes I'm being sarcastic of course :p)

btw, those translators suck :rolls: but thanks for posting the article NicoFan, I still don't know how you are able to understand what the article says :p

NicoFan
02-01-2008, 01:24 PM
I've been reading these translations for years...you get used to it after awhile. ;) :lol:

As for Nano's support of Nico when supposedly Nico's "other" coaches didn't give emotional support and care of Nico....obvious bs. :( Our Gaby was more than supportive of Nico - and Nico knows that - and many of us saw that emotional support when we watched his practices in person. That's why I was so upset with him when he made those comments about Gaby after he fired him. Nico knew better than to allow Pato and Nano and whoever to convince him that Gaby wasn't right for him.

That was such a bad decision by Nico to fire Gaby. It kills me everytime I think about it. :(

kidnicky
02-01-2008, 01:39 PM
I will never get used to those translations :rolls:

I preffer to not think about what happened NicoFan :rolleyes: I think that all the people that had seen Gaby working with Nico were mad at that time that Nico made those stupid comments :mad: I don't even want to think about this but it seems that Pato and Nano have some kind of "influence" in Nico, Pato was the one behind Nico when all that crap of La familia del tenis happened, and they were behing Nico when he fired Gaby :retard:

Fergie
02-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Shut up Nano, you suck :ras:

Sparko1030
02-01-2008, 02:19 PM
:wavey: thanks for the article Nicofan.

:rolleyes: IF Nano really cared about Nico's future and was being objective he would tell Nico to dump him and Pato and get new coaches. They obviously are not giving Nico what he needs to get over this mental slump. :awww:

The translations are crazy Kid, but one just gets used to them :lol:

NicoFan
02-01-2008, 08:25 PM
:rolleyes: IF Nano really cared about Nico's future and was being objective he would tell Nico to dump him and Pato and get new coaches. They obviously are not giving Nico what he needs to get over this mental slump. :awww:

The translations are crazy Kid, but one just gets used to them :lol:

True to both statements. :yeah:

Nano and Pato are both just protecting their jobs and incomes. I never had much respect for Pato, and I'm beginning to lose all respect for Nano. :(

kidnicky
02-02-2008, 04:01 AM
I'm gonna sound ridiculous with this comparison but after what Sparko said, that movie of That thing you do came to my mind, when the band was discovered in their hometown, the guy who helped them to get their single on the local radio told them after getting to them their first show that they needed another manager with more experience since they're going to become more famous and he was the one introducing to them to another manager, who was Tom Hanks :p ... these 2 should do the same, at least I'd hope that from Nano since he is sooo close to Nico :shrug: :p

enqvistfan
02-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Hola :wavey:

Interview with Nico in Emol today :)

NicoFan
02-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Gracias EF!! :hug:

Hmmm...I didn't like the talk about the coach. Obviously if he's thinking of changing Pato, he can't say it. But good grief, I really do hope that he's listening to EVERYONE saying that he needs to change coaches. All he has to do is look at his record, and it should become crystal clear that Pato isn't the one. :(

Fergie
02-04-2008, 03:17 PM
:p

Las altas opciones chilenas de subir en el ranking ATP

La temprana eliminación de Fernando González en tercera ronda del Abierto de Australia y su brusca caída en el ranking de la ATP desde el puesto 7º hasta el 24º, sumado a las tibias actuaciones de Nicolás Massú y Paul Capdeville en los primeros torneos del año, llevaron a centrar la mirada en el calendario y ver qué depara el futuro para las raquetas nacionales y revisar sus opciones de repuntar en el escalafón.

Si bien este fin de semana el "Bombardero de La Reina" se alzó con el trofeo de Viña del Mar y subió hasta el puesto 16º, diversos son los desafíos que se vienen por delante para las principales manos chilenas, donde el panorama para terminar el trimestre se ve bastante positivo al ser muy pocos los puntos que hay en defensa.

El primero que comenzará a buscar un repunte en el escalafón, luego de perder 27 posiciones por su eliminación temprana en la Ciudad Jardín, será Nicolás Massú en Costa do Sauípe, a partir del 11 de enero. El "Vampiro", quien ahora ocupa el puesto 97, no defiende puntos en la arcilla brasileña.

Capdeville, por su parte, intentará volver al grupo de los mejores 100 en Delray Beach, desde la próxima semana, para posteriormente ir a participar del ATP de San José. En ambos torneos el de Vitacura no defiende puntaje.

Al igual que la tercera raqueta nacional, González igual estará en la arcilla californiana para luego compartir torneo una vez más con Capdeville en Memphis, donde ambos no participaron en 2007 y llegan con claras chances de recuperar otras posiciones.

Mientras los demás hacen su camino en Norteamérica, Massú continuará por el lado sudamericano, en el ATP de Buenos Aires, torneo que ganó en 2002, pero donde no registra participación reciente, por lo que no tiene puntos que defender. Después de su estada en Argentina, el viñamarino tendrá que ir a defender las 60 unidades que ganó el año pasado en Acapulco por haber llegado a cuartos de final.

Ya con todas las raquetas chilenas en el norte del continente, González, Massú y Capdeville unirán su camino en el ATP de Las Vegas, donde el de Vitactura tendrá que disputar la etapa de clasificaciones y avanzar a lo menos hasta tercera ronda para retener los 35 puntos logrados en la versión 2007.

Para finalizar el trimestre, los tres chilenos participarán en Indian Wells y Miami, donde el más comprometido es "Mano de Piedra", con 75 puntos en defensa en California, y 35 en Florida, por haber llegado a octavos de final y tercera ronda, respectivamente.

Lo ajustado del ranking de la ATP permitiría a cualquiera de las tres raquetas que logre buenos resultados en los próximos torneos protagonizar escaladas considerables en el escalafón. González podría, perfectamente, volver al grupo de los 10 mejores, mientras que Massú y Capdeville, llegar a lo menos hasta los primeros 50 puestos.

kidnicky
02-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the articles Fergie and Val :hug:

positive until the point of insanity, that's what I'm going to do, we'll have to give him the chance, I'll trust in him and it's true, if he's thinking in changing coaches he is not going to say it, and I'm laughing about that Pato called him to tell him what Vilas said :lol: I guess Pato was a little scared that Nico could do what Vilas said :p

NicoFan
02-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Vilas can be an idiot, but on this he's right, and I wish Nico would listen to him... :yeah:

FFGC
02-05-2008, 11:32 AM
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7899/17829077po9.png (http://imageshack.us)
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/482/70082423ta9.png (http://imageshack.us)

5 February 2008

kidnicky
02-05-2008, 01:50 PM
:haha: they have took too long in publishing an stupidity like this one ... My godness, If I were in Nico's team I'd blocked all the chilean sites in his laptop, this is just the last thing that he needs .... stupid DC, I hate it as much as viña :ras:

FFGC
02-05-2008, 02:00 PM
kidnicky, you want that I have removed it?

kidnicky
02-05-2008, 02:33 PM
oh no don't worry FFGC, I'm used to this kind of articles :lol:

NicoFan
02-05-2008, 04:35 PM
I don't care if Nico doesn't play DC. He will though unfortunately. :sad:

But if he never played DC for Chile again, I'd be thrilled. :tape: :o :rolls:

kidnicky
02-05-2008, 05:54 PM
yes but we're not lucky enough :tape: :lol:

Fergie
02-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Nico wants to play the DC in Viña :p

NicoFan
02-05-2008, 07:38 PM
I know he wants to play. :lol:

I don't want him to play, but what I want is completely and totally irrelevant. :rolls:

FFGC
02-11-2008, 07:14 AM
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/1480/5666gn9.png (http://imageshack.us)
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/7403/544mp6.png (http://imageshack.us)
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1193/5416yc5.png (http://imageshack.us)
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/2310/545456bx7.png (http://imageshack.us)

NicoFan
02-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Thanks for posting FFGC.

Well, what do we say. :shrug:

I used to get annoyed when they said they might not play Nico, but the coach's first responsibility is to the team as a whole. And as much as I love Nico, his play lately has been honestly just plain horrid except for in Auckland. Not that Paul has been much better - to me Paul will never be anything but a journeyman. While if Nico could just get his head together, he would be in the top 30 again. But since he can't get his head together anymore, it might be a good thing to give Paul a try. He can't do any worse than Nico has over the last couple of DC ties. :shrug:

Nico would be hurt, and of course, as his biggest fan that would make me completely sad. :sad: :sad: But again, Hans has to do what is best for the team.

kidnicky
02-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Thanks for posting that FFGC, he looks cute as usual on the picture ;)

right now, I don't give a sh*t about DC and I hate that these kind of articles are on the net since Nico has to worry for his career and to get wins for himself and not to get wins just to be considered part of a team that will play until April, a lot of things could happen since now and then. Besides, if I remember correctly, this match will be played on clay, if this would be on hardcourts then I'd consider to have Paul as the 2nd singles player, but meanwhile it's clay, for me it's no doubt who would have to be the 2nd singles player but again, I don't give a damn right now about DC :shrug:

Fergie
02-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Massú, Capdeville y García tuvieron un leve ascenso en el ranking ATP

SANTIAGO.- El ranking ATP no había tenido buenas noticias para los chilenos en las últimas semanas. Los descensos de Fernando González, que abandonó los "top ten", y de Nicolás Massú que cayó cerca del puesto 100, no hablaban bien del inicio de temporada de los tenistas nacionales.

Hoy las noticias fueron levemente más alentadoras, porque la principal raqueta criolla en el circuito se mantuvo en el puesto 16°, mientras Nicolás Massú, Paul Capdeville y Adrián García tuvieron escuetos repuntes.

Massú avanzó tres puestos y ahora es el 94º del orbe, antes de debutar en Costa do Sauipe Capdeville ascendió un lugar y se ubicó en el casillero 105 justo antes de debutar este lunes en Delray Beach contra el local Clint Bowles (1.401º).

Adrián García, en tanto, mejoró tres ubicaciones y se situó en el 210º.

Entre los 10 primeros no hubo variaciones, continuando Roger Federer como el número 1.

kidnicky
02-11-2008, 02:01 PM
he should continue not playing then :rolls:

alelysafina
02-11-2008, 07:46 PM
I hope to dear god that Nico doesn't read any of these articles.

NicoFan
02-11-2008, 08:04 PM
I know...his feelings would be hurt. :sad:

I just wish that he would start winning again and then everyone would have to shut up. ;) :lol:

kidnicky
02-11-2008, 08:06 PM
nah! they'd found out the way to keep writing stupid articles no matter if he starts winning or not :o

alelysafina
02-11-2008, 08:55 PM
nah! they'd found out the way to keep writing stupid articles no matter if he starts winning or not :o

So sad but true :o

FFGC
02-13-2008, 07:11 AM
La Tercera 13.02.08

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/7012/69142128fj2.png (http://imageshack.us)

NicoFan
02-13-2008, 12:25 PM
The Chilean press's fixation on who is #1, #2, or #3 is annoying as usual. It annoyed me when Nico was #1.

Nico has so many problems, but Paul isn't one of them. Who gives a poop about Paul? He's a journeyman who will never be a major threat to anyone on the circuit and who will always hover around 100 in the world.

Nico's entire career is in doubt right now. If he doesn't get it together between now and the US Open, he won't be back in 2009.

Sparko1030
02-13-2008, 12:32 PM
:sad:

kidnicky
02-13-2008, 01:15 PM
if the stupid Blake comes out and has one of his stupids mealt downs against Capdeville, I swear that my first trip to the USA will be to kill him with my own hands :armed:

I don't give a damn who is #2 #3 or #123432 I only care about Nico's career and the stupid media should stop writting this shit that doesn't help at all :ras:

FFGC
02-13-2008, 05:43 PM
if the stupid Blake comes out and has one of his stupids mealt downs against Capdeville, I swear that my first trip to the USA will be to kill him with my own hands :armed:

I don't give a damn who is #2 #3 or #123432 I only care about Nico's career and the stupid media should stop writting this shit that doesn't help at all :ras:

+1 (I with you agree 100 %)

enqvistfan
02-16-2008, 06:24 PM
I was searching stuff about Feña and found this article with lovely pics. I hope it has never been posted before. If yes, sorry.

Nicolás Massú: “Ya pasé a la historia del tenis mundial”

http://www.cosas.com/images/stories/Material_Revistas/Febrero2008/Massu/Massu_068.jpg

http://www.cosas.com/images/stories/Material_Revistas/Febrero2008/Massu/Massu_006.jpg

Luego de una olvidable temporada 2007, el “Vampiro” está decidido a retomar el sitial que tenía hace un par de años. “Sigo con las mismas ganas de antes”, dice el viñamarino, aunque eso signifique seguir viviendo las exigencias del circuito ATP.

Por Matías Marambio H. | Fotos: Cruz Mendizábal

Nicolás Massú por fin está en su casa: Viña del Mar. Atrás quedó la mala temporada 2007 y el Abierto de Australia. En su mente ahora sólo está la idea de reencontrarse con los suyos en la cancha que lo vio nacer. Y el desafío no es menor: conseguir el ATP de Viña del Mar y, de paso, exorcizar los fantasmas de lesiones y malas presentaciones (al cierre de esta edición el torneo recién comenzaba). El de Viña es un campeonato que ha sido esquivo para el “Vampiro”. En dos ocasiones, 2006 y 2007, llegó a la final, pero en ninguna pudo celebrar con su gente. Quizás, la tercera vez será la vencida. Pero no es algo que angustie demasiado al actual número 78 del ranking ATP. “Lo importante es tratar de mantener la calma y no sobreexcitarse con eso. Hay que saber manejarse, algo que he logrado con el tiempo. Cuando se es más chico uno quiere mostrarse más, y eso al final te pasa la cuenta. Hay muchos ojos sobre ti y todos quieren que ganes, pero uno tiene que estar tranquilo y tener confianza en lo que ya ha hecho”, dice, y agrega: “Cuando vengo a Chile le pongo el doble de empeño, porque no hay muchos torneos en nuestro país. Aparte de Copa Davis, éste es el único campeonato al que vengo en el año. Entonces, cada ocasión la aprovecho al máximo. Y jugar en Viña del Mar, en el verano, con todos mis amigos y mi gente que me viene a ver, para mí es súper motivante”.

–¿Qué te pasa cuando llegas a Viña después de tanto tiempo?
–Esta es la ciudad donde nací, mi familia es de acá y todavía vivo en la casa de mis papás. Tengo un departamento solo, pero no lo ocupo mucho, solamente para concentrarme para el torneo del ATP. La verdad es que me siento súper contento, porque es una ciudad donde conozco a tanta gente. Lo único malo es que con el tiempo fui perdiendo contacto con muchos amigos. Incluso ahora conozco más gente en Santiago, porque cuando empecé a jugar tenis pasaba más tiempo allá.

–Pero en el fondo sigues siendo viñamarino de corazón.
–Siempre, pero a Santiago también le tengo un cariño muy grande. Me encanta cuando en la prensa me dicen “el viñamarino”, me siento súper orgulloso de ser de acá. Pero, por otro lado, Santiago también me gusta, para mí es la mejor ciudad de Sudamérica, lejos. Es moderna, segura y se vive muy bien.

“Soy súper emocional”

–En general, la vida de los tenistas es bastante solitaria. ¿Cómo manejas ese tema?
–Muchos dicen que esto es un sacrificio, pero para mí es un sacrificio entre comillas, porque hago lo que me gusta. Es cierto, mi vida es súper sacrificada, pero hago de mi pasión mi trabajo, algo que no muchos pueden decir. Siempre he sido un agradecido en ese sentido. Viajo por el mundo, lo que tiene cosas buenas y malas, como en todo. Pero a mí me encanta el tenis y no me imagino haciendo otra cosa.

–¿Qué te cansa más?
–Los viajes y los hoteles, que te van desgastando con el tiempo. El resto no me genera tanto problema, ya que sigo teniendo la misma motivación y ganas de jugar e ir a los torneos que cuando tenía 15 años.

–¿Qué haces cuando estás solo? ¿Lees, juegas Playstation...?
–Tengo tres cosas que hago siempre: ir de shopping, conocer la ciudad y meterme a Internet. Siempre estoy conectado al messenger para conversar con mis amigos y mi familia. Gracias a la tecnología uno puede estar en contacto fácilmente, quizás gracias a eso no me aburro tanto. De repente hay momentos difíciles, sobre todo cuando uno pierde y estás solo, y ahí te puedes conectar y distraer un rato conversando con los amigos.

–Debe ser difícil llevar ese estilo de vida.
–La vida de los tenistas no es como la de los futbolistas, que pueden jugar en el extranjero, pero tienen su casa. Nosotros estamos todo el año en diferentes hoteles y jugamos en canchas distintas, ciudades distintas, superficies distintas, pelotas distintas... Todo eso es complicado. Incluso, hay muchos jugadores que no soportan el ritmo, y aunque tengan el mismo nivel físico y técnico que un top 10, no logran buenos resultados.

–¿Tú trabajas ese tema, el sicológico?
–Siempre he trabajado ese aspecto, algunas veces más y otras menos, pero cuando lo necesito, lo hago. Durante mi carrera he trabajado con distintos sicólogos, chilenos y extranjeros. Es un tema importante, porque uno no puede hacer todas las cosas solo.

–¿Cómo tomas los triunfos y las derrotas? ¿Eres pasional o frío?
–En la cancha soy súper emocional y eufórico, en cada pelota me juego todo, ésa es mi personalidad. Pero después, tanto los triunfos como los fracasos, trato de tomármelos con mucha calma. Obviamente hay derrotas que duelen mucho, pero uno tiene que tratar de estar bien parado y saber cuáles son las situaciones que pueden pasar y estar preparado para enfrentarlas. Pero ya estoy acostumbrado, he ganado y perdido tantos partidos en mi vida que ya sé cómo tomarlos.

–Por lo mismo, ¿no te pasa que se pierde la emoción del juego y se vuelve rutinario?
–Para nada. Cuando empecé con esto estaba entre el tenis y el fútbol, pero elegí el primero porque es un deporte individual donde todo depende de mí. Me gusta ser yo el responsable de los triunfos o de las derrotas. Y por eso también me sigo emocionando cuando entro a una cancha de tenis, de no saber qué va a pasar, de sentirme inseguro, de ganar un torneo y después perder en primera ronda, de ganar un partido en condiciones adversas... Son muchos los factores que hacen que el tenis no sea un deporte monótono. El día que lo deje lo voy a echar mucho de menos.

–A propósito de momentos difíciles, ¿cómo viviste la temporada 2007?
–Es parte de la carrera. La vida profesional de un tenista dura 10 o 15 años, y uno no puede tener puras temporadas espectaculares o puras malas. Sería súper aburrido que todo te saliera bien o todo mal. He tenido años espectaculares, en los que gané cosas que quizás cuando era chico nunca pensé que iba a ganar, y otros, como el año pasado, donde los resultados no se dieron. Obviamente que no me gustó lo que pasó, pero ya no estoy pensando en eso. Ya saqué las conclusiones de por qué no jugué bien y pasó el tema.

–¿Cuáles fueron esas conclusiones?
–Simplemente perdí confianza en mi juego. Tuve un par de lesiones a principios de año, hubo partidos que debería haber ganado, pero perdí porque no me supe desenvolver en momentos clave y eso me quitó confianza. Eso hay que asumirlo y seguir. Es como cualquier trabajo nomás, a veces las cosas andan bien y a veces mal. Por lo menos estoy con la conciencia tranquila que hice todo lo posible y este año voy tratar de mejorar y volver a lo que era hace dos o tres años.

–Pero a diferencia de otros trabajos, en el tuyo todos están pendientes de lo que haces.
–Sé que todo lo que hago se va a saber, porque estoy representando a mi país. Y trato de hacerlo lo mejor posible. Cada vez que entro a la cancha, entrego todo. Eso es lo que hago y siento que la gente lo percibe. Todos saben que mi personalidad es de mucha garra. Pero la verdad es que sólo me preocupo de mi carrera y de que me vaya bien. A lo mejor la gente hace comentarios, pero yo sabía cuando me metí en esto que eso iba a pasar si me iba bien.

“Me gustaría ser capitán de Copa Davis”

–Con tantos años compi-tiendo, ¿qué cosas te siguen motivando?
–Me sigue motivando hacer cosas importantes y dejar bien puesto mi nombre y el de mi país. Siempre he querido pasar a la historia del tenis mundial, y creo que ya lo hice con las Olimpíadas. Pero también hay otras que todavía no he hecho, como ganar un Gran Slam y, sobre todo, la Copa Davis, que son mis dos más grandes ambiciones.

–¿Hasta qué edad te visualizas jugando profesionalmente?
–Nunca he pensado en ponerme un plazo. Hoy me siento súper cómodo y quiero seguir jugando tenis. Ahora, no sé lo que va a pasar en cinco años más, lo que sí sé es que me siento feliz.

–¿Has pensado en lo que quieres hacer después de tu vida como tenista?
–Es difícil planteárselo, porque estoy todo el día ocupado en pegarle a la pelota y mejorar, pero creo que lo mejor que puedo hacer el día de mañana es ayudar a los chicos a crecer en el tenis. Sería un sueño para mí ser capitán de Copa Davis, por ejemplo. Me gustaría ser formador y ayudar a masificar aún más el tenis en Chile.

–¿Crees que después de ti y de Fernando González hay una sequía de jugadores?
–No podría ser tan irresponsable para decirte qué es lo que pasa, no estoy tan informado. Sí he visto que hay muchos chicos que están con muchas ganas y ojalá que salgan más jugadores. La verdad es que cuesta mucho salir de Chile, yo lo viví y sé lo importante que es que haya gente que te ayude. Por lo mismo, quiero ayudar a otros.

–¿Cómo te gustaría ser recordado cómo tenista?
–En una palabra: un gladiador. Trato de demostrar lo que me enseñó mi abuelo y mi familia: siempre luchar dentro de la cancha.

ChinoRios4Ever
02-16-2008, 06:28 PM
Nico :worship:

NicoFan
02-16-2008, 06:35 PM
I haven't read the article yet but love that second picture!!! :woohoo:

Thanks EF! :hug:

enqvistfan
02-16-2008, 07:41 PM
http://www.cosas.com/images/stories/edicion_digital/Edicion818/

There's an article about Nico, page 50 but I can't access at the moment to capture the article and pics.

Maybe some of you can try or I'll try later !

LOVELY
02-16-2008, 07:55 PM
Thanks a lot Enqvistan :worship:

enqvistfan
02-16-2008, 08:36 PM
http://www.latercera.cl/medio/articulo/0,0,38039818_90162750_108776914,00.html

An old article when he was the number 1 in Chile :) Always interesting for the fans :)

NicoFan
02-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks again EF! :hug:

I remember that last one that you posted! :) It was a great article. :yeah:

NicoFan
02-16-2008, 09:38 PM
BTW - I'm still loving that second picture of the first article that EF posted! Mama mia...he looks wonderful there. :inlove:

kidnicky
02-17-2008, 02:50 AM
he always looks wonderful :hearts:

Val thank you sooo much :worship: you're the best :yeah:

kidnicky
02-17-2008, 03:06 AM
the last article is just amazing :worship: ... it made me cry :sobbing:

thanks again Val :hug:

FFGC
02-17-2008, 07:01 AM
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/4456/56964565eg2.png (http://imageshack.us)

FFGC
02-17-2008, 07:03 AM
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6375/17479976yl3.png (http://imageshack.us)

kidnicky
02-17-2008, 07:26 AM
thanks for the articles FFGC :yeah:

of course he is in the 4th place, thanks to us looking for Nico's name and writting about him on the board and all that :rolls:

NicoFan
02-17-2008, 12:15 PM
FFGC - first, gracias for the articles! :hug: And where (what internet site) did you find that article about Nico being #3 in Chileans most popular on the web?

I'm so happy to see that - no one believes me here when I tell them that Nico is very popular with the fans in the U.S. at least when I see him in person. So this is proof! :lol: I know Fernando is much more popular in Chile, but not here. And when I used to look at the web counters on my old Nico site and the Fernando site that was also on MSN, Nico had more hits from people around the world - Fernando's was mostly from Chile.

Maybe people will believe me now. ;) :rolls:

(And no, it isn't just us - those web counters record tens of thousands of mentions. We're good...but we're not THAT good. :lol:)

enqvistfan
02-17-2008, 01:50 PM
In La Tercera, page 56 :)

FFGC - first, gracias for the articles! :hug: And where (what internet site) did you find that article about Nico being #3 in Chileans most popular on the web?

NicoFan
02-17-2008, 01:53 PM
Gracias Val! :hug:

enqvistfan
02-17-2008, 01:56 PM
and when you go to the website they mentionned in the article (www.lalistawip.com), it's true that Nico is far ahead Fernando.

http://www.lalistawip.com/top-100/?lista=loc__Chile

Fernando is number 8 !

FFGC
02-17-2008, 02:05 PM
In La Tercera, page 56 :)

Thank you :):wavey:

NicoFan
02-17-2008, 03:01 PM
and when you go to the website they mentionned in the article (www.lalistawip.com), it's true that Nico is far ahead Fernando.

http://www.lalistawip.com/top-100/?lista=loc__Chile

Fernando is number 8 !

Wow...it is a big difference...I thought it would be smaller than that. :eek:

I have my theories on why Nico is more popular overall outside of Chile, but I'll keep it to myself. :lol: I really like Fernando, but when I say anything even slightly negative about him, some people get really upset (even though I say negative things about Nico all the time. :rolls:).

enqvistfan
02-17-2008, 03:28 PM
I was also surprised. You can tell why he's more popular than Fernando, I won't be upset ! Because of the Olympics ? Or you can tell me by PM ?

Wow...it is a big difference...I thought it would be smaller than that. :eek:

I have my theories on why Nico is more popular overall outside of Chile, but I'll keep it to myself. :lol: I really like Fernando, but when I say anything even slightly negative about him, some people get really upset (even though I say negative things about Nico all the time. :rolls:).

ChinoRios4Ever
02-17-2008, 04:04 PM
expected

in Chile: Feña > Nico
rest of the world: Nico >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Feña

Kid and NF are incredible fans outside Chile :worship: and they make the difference

ChinoRios4Ever
02-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Hicham Arazi is chilean? :confused: :lol:

enqvistfan
02-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Hicham Arazi is chilean? :confused: :lol:

Yes, I learnt something today that Hicham was chilean :lol:

enqvistfan
02-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Feña has a lot of fans in France !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

expected

in Chile: Feña > Nico
rest of the world: Nico >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Feña

Kid and NF are incredible fans outside Chile :worship: and they make the difference

ChinoRios4Ever
02-17-2008, 04:24 PM

I know, but Nico's fans are the best of the world :D see NF and Kid ;)

NicoFan
02-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Well, it's not just me and Kid. :rolls: Nico has other great fans. :yeah: And great Chilean fans too. Ditto Fernando's fans. :) They are both sweeties.

And EF, I will pm you.

FFGC
02-17-2008, 06:21 PM

And in Russia too!!!!!!!!))))))))))))))))

NicoFan
02-17-2008, 07:00 PM
EF, FFGC, GonzoFan - and many others - are great Fernando fans! :hug:

You know, this good news for Nico. He can carry those numbers to the bank. :rolls: Also he should think about those numbers when choosing a post-tennis career. Obviously he has something people like outside success on the court. Instead of being just a DC captain, he's got a few more options open to him. :yeah:

FFGC
02-17-2008, 07:22 PM
It is perfectly told! :yeah:

kidnicky
02-18-2008, 02:02 AM
I know, but Nico's fans are the best of the world :D see NF and Kid ;)

I'm really modest all the time so I have to agree with Felipe, we're the best of the world :p :rolls: :rocker2:

now I'll receive like a hundred of bad reps :lol:

Fergie
02-18-2008, 05:00 PM
:o

Massú volvió a caer en el ranking y otra vez a un paso de dejar el "top 100"

SANTIAGO.- Días complicados sigue viviendo Nicolás Massú en el circuito ATP. Tras caer en primera ronda en Costa do Sauípe ante el español Nicolás Almagro descendió tres lugares en el ranking ATP.

El chileno apareció esta semana en el puesto 97, con 432 puntos, bajando los mismos lugares que había logrado remontar la semana pasada.

El viñamarino tendrá la posibilidad de recuperarse esta semana en el ATP de Buenos Aires donde debutará probablemente mañana ante el italiano Filippo Volandri (41°).

La tercera raqueta chilena, Paul Capdeville, también bajó en la clasificación. El santiaguino apareció hoy en la posición 107, dos puestos más abajo que la semana anterior.

Capdeville debuta esta tarde en el ATP de San José, Estados Unidos, con el checo Radek Stepanek (36°).

Mientras tanto Fernando González avanzó un lugar y desde hoy es el número 15 del mundo, aunque su problema lumbar lo tiene complicado y aún no está claro cuando vuelva al circuito.

Por su parte, el norteamericano James Blake y el británico Andy Murray retomaron puesto entre los diez primeros , noveno y décimo respectivamente.

Blake vuelve al 'top 10' gracias a su presencia en al final del torneo de Delray Beach, pese a que perdió con el japonés de 18 años Kei Nishikori, al que el triunfo le hace ganar 113 puestos y pasar del 244 al 131 de una tacada.

El Abierto de Brasil también rinde réditos para sus finalistas, los españoles Nicolás Almagro y Carlos Moyá, aunque más modestos. Almagro sube dos posiciones y Moyá, cinco, para situarse decimotercero de la clasificación mundial.

LOVELY
02-19-2008, 11:32 PM
Radio Cooperativa

Nicolás Massú: "Me falta confianza en los momentos importantes" :awww:

Luego de volver a caer en primera ronda de un torneo ATP, el chileno se mostró contrariado, pero dijo que sus continuas derrotas no se tratan de un problema anímico ni tenístico, sino sólo de decisión en los puntos claves.

Conforme con su juego, pero lamentando la falta de firmeza para abrochar los puntos decisivos se manifestó el chileno Nicolás Massú (97º) que volvió a quedar eliminado en un torneo, esta vez en Buenos Aires, tras caer ante Filippo Volandri (41º), por 4-6 y 2-6.

"No estoy preocupado, porque no estoy jugando mal, creo que lo dejé claro hoy (martes), lo que sí me está pasando es que no estoy con confianza en los momentos importantes, juego mal cuando tengo que cerrar un juego o confirmar un quiebre", comentó el viñamarino en conversación con el corresponsal en Argentina de Al Aire Libre en Cooperativa, Ulises Lencina.

Massú insistió que el nuevo traspié no tiene relación con un mal momento en su juego ni con su ánimo, sino que de una mala actitud cuando las cosas le son continuamente desfavorables sobre la cancha.

"Puedes fallar dos o tres, pero en la cuarta o quinta, uno pide que entre, pero pegaban afuera y después traté de no jugar tan a la línea, sino más adentro, empecé a fallar y el partido se me fue yendo", explicó, recordando la oportunidad de recuperar un quiebre en el primer set con un 0-40 a favor, algo que fue incapaz de lograr.

"Juego bien cuando todo está tranquilo, pero cuando hay que ganar, fallo, lo que antes no hacía", fue la autocrítica del doble medallista de oro olímpico, quien siente que para superar su pésimo momento "necesito ganar partidos y cuesta recuperarse ante buenos rivales".

La situación se torna complicada para el oriundo de la Ciudad Jardín debido al retroceso que sufrió en el ranking, que lo obliga a enfrentar a jugadores mejor clasificados en las primeras fases, una situación que podría repetirse la próxima semana en el torneo de Acapulco, México. (Cooperativa.cl)

FFGC
02-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Gildemeister: "Nicolás tiene físico y tenis para salir adelante"

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6136/68667812uo0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

El capitán de Copa Davis analizó a través de LaTercera.com el mal momento de Nicolás Massú, que quedó eliminado por cuarta vez consecutiva en primera ronda de un torneo.

Fecha edición: 20-02-2008

Como "lamentable" calificó Hans Gildemeister el actual momento que vive Nicolás Massú, que ayer quedó eliminado en la primera ronda del ATP de Buenos Aires.

El capitán del equipo de Copa Davis especificó que uno de los factores que influye en la baja del nacional es la falta de confianza, producto de los malos resultados.

"Es lamentable esta nueva derrota porque Nicolás está bien en la parte física y tenística. Está sufriendo malos resultados porque le falta confianza", indicó a LaTercera.com.

En ese sentido, reiteró que es cosa de tiempo que el número dos de Chile salga del mal momento, considerando -según él- que tiene el tenis necesario para hacerlo.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7218/31984311sb6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

"Tendrá que esperar una nueva oportunidad para ganar, pero Nicolás tiene muchas ganas de salir de este mal momento, pero es cosa de tiempo", prosiguió

Además especificó que es complicado salir de la mala racha cuando le toca enfrentar a jugadores de buen nivel, como en los últimos dos torneos.

"Igual es complicado porque le tocó enfrentar a Almagro en la primera fase de Brasil y después salió campeón, y ahora a un Top 40...Es muy difícil volver al nivel y a los triunfos cuando te tocan rivales complicados", prosiguió.

Por último, agregó que no está preocupado por el nivel de los jugadores con miras a la Copa Davis, en la que enfrentarán a Canadá en abril próximo.

"Queda un mes y medio y tanto Paul como Nicolás tienen que mejorar en las próximas semanas. Esperamos que así sea", sentenció.

ChinoRios4Ever
02-20-2008, 10:15 PM
GO TO HELL GIL DE MEISTER!!!!!! :fiery: :ras:

Fergie
02-21-2008, 01:29 PM
:awww:

Ex DT de Massú: "Me apena mucho su actual momento"

Complicado es el momento deportivo que vive Nicolás Massú, luego de quedar eliminado en primera ronda del ATP de Buenos Aires.

El jugador nacional perdió por cuarta vez consecutiva en primera ronda de un torneo, algo que a causado la preocupación en su entorno.

En ese sentido, su ex entrenador Gabriel Markus aseguró que lamenta el momento del ex Top Ten, a quien dirigió en dos ocasiones.

"Me apena mucho su actual momento, principalmente porque tenemos una gran relación y deseo que salga cuanto antes del mal momento", partió diciendo el DT a LaTercera.com.

Pero su análisis no terminó hay, pues además consideró que el principal factor que le impide repuntar es la falta de confianza, debido a las múltiples derrotas que ha sufrido.

"Debe tener muchas confusiones, y eso pasa por la falta de confianza que tiene desde hace un par de meses, lo que no le ha permitido ganar partidos. Pero sé que está luchando para salir adelante", agregó.

"Es un momento súper difícil, pero lo importante es que siga entrenando bien y que tenga la suerte suficiente el los sorteos para que después pueda ganar uno o dos partidos seguidos".

Además especificó que tuvo la oportunidad de compartir con el tenista en Buenos Aires, debido a la participación del chilemo en el torneo de esa ciudad. En la ocasión lo vio bien de ánimo.

"Lo vi bastante bien de ánimo, pero está pasando por un momento muy difícil. Ya pasó por una situación similar hace meses y pudo salir adelante. No creo que dé todo por perdido", sentenció.

kidnicky
02-21-2008, 01:41 PM
Gaby come back Gaby please come back!!! :bigcry: :bigcry:

Nico :banghead:

Sparko1030
02-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Yes, please come back Gaby :awww: Please....:sobbing:

Fergie
02-21-2008, 02:50 PM
:retard:

Gildemeister: "Massú no está preparado para ser la segunda raqueta en la Davis"

SANTIAGO.- Está preocupado el capitán chileno de la Copa Davis, Hans Gildemeister. El nivel mostrado en las últimas semanas por Nicolás Massú le está dando más de un dolor de cabeza.

En conversación con EMOL, el ex número 1 de Chile habló sobre el mal momento que está pasando la segunda raqueta criolla. "Necesita ganar partidos para lograr aumentar su confianza y derrotar por la Copa Davis a Canadá en abril próximo", dijo de entrada el capitán nacional.

"Nicolás Massú tiene un excelente cuerpo técnico, Pato Rodríguez y su preparador físico han realizado un buen trabajo. Sin embargo tiene que recuperar su confianza y le falta ganar partidos. Tengo la certeza que él puede remontar su tenis y escalar puestos. A nosotros nos sirve y a él también", comentó.

Respecto al nivel mostrado por Massú, el capitán de Chile, pensando en los duelos ante Canadá, dijo que en "estas condiciones Nicolás no está preparado para ser la segunda raqueta en la Davis", por eso "debe recuperar su tenis para poder contar con él".

Si bien el viñamarino tiene físico y preparación para lograr repuntar su nivel, el otro que le preocupa es Paul Capdeville, quién aún no puede ingresar dentro de los mejores 80 en el ranking.

"Paul debe romper la inercia para estar dentro de los 80. Él tiene que ser más regular, porque el año pasado tuvo excelentes torneos e incluso en Australia. Le falta mejorar su derecha y su físico. Tiene un buen revés pero no le alcanza. Está trabajando en eso y su cuerpo técnico también debe estarlo", explicó.

Gildemeister, aún así, está tranquilo y espera que el nivel de Nicolás y Paul pueda remontarse, "ambos están haciendo esfuerzos para mejorar, esperemos que sea rápido y que logren dar el salto".

Si bien no tiene decidido quien será la segunda raqueta, el capitán chileno viajará Miami para juntarse con "Fernando, Paul y Nicolás para conversar sobre su situación tenística y física".

Luego de esa escala en Estados Unidos, el capitán decidirá sobre quien será el segundo singlista que enfrentará a Canadá en el Court Central del Estadio Nacional en abril.

kidnicky
02-21-2008, 03:05 PM
Gildmeister you can kiss my ass you asshole :shout: :ras: ... go to hell and I hope that you lose your job very soon and I don't give a damn about your stupid an "important" tie against Canada :armed:

Sparko1030
02-21-2008, 04:09 PM
:rolleyes: Yeah, it always help to say those kind of things to the press. :ras: That will surely help Nico get his confidence back (and I'm sure it will "push" Paul into the top 80 too). Can't he just keep his mouth shut? :mad:

kidnicky
02-21-2008, 04:21 PM
it's the only thing that he know how to do it seems Sparko :ras:

Sparko1030
02-21-2008, 05:34 PM
Apparently Kid :mad: He and Pato seem to have a lot in common....:devil:

kidnicky
02-21-2008, 05:46 PM
:rolleyes: ... suckers :ras: :lol:

Albop
02-21-2008, 05:48 PM
gildemeister dosen't know a shit about tennis :rolleyes:

NicoFan
02-21-2008, 07:14 PM
If Hans thinks that Paul will be the #2 for Chile in DC, fine.

But don't bring it out to the press weeks beforehand. I don't understand that. He shouldn't be making the decision this early anyway. Nico could all of a sudden get hot, and Paul could be the one that goes cold.

NicoFan
02-21-2008, 07:15 PM
And a big :hug: for Gaby. He has about a million times more class than Hans, Pato, and Zuleta all rolled into one. Those idiots... :rolleyes: