Nico News and Articles

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

kidnicky
02-03-2007, 12:12 AM
Thanks No1Rios

Nico :hug:

ChinoRios4Ever
02-04-2007, 11:49 PM
http://www.emol.com/noticias/deportes/detalle/detallenoticias.asp?idnoticia=244696

Massú: Los 7 match point que tuve ayer en contra me ayudaron a cambiar el switch

VIÑA DEL MAR.- Nicolás Massú apareció sonriente en el punto de prensa que se efectuó tras el partido que lo clasificó a su segunda final consecutiva en el ATP de Viña del Mar.

Respecto del encuentro señaló que "jugué muy bien, creo que en el primer set cometí 3 ó 4 errores no forzados, es muy poco, el revés me corrió mucho, casi siempre fueron tiros profundos, lo que me ayudaba para acomodarme con el derecho".

Añadió que "me sentía rápido, me sentía seguro y creo que eso a él (Albert Montañés) lo fue derrumando".

Tras batir al español, quien fue el verdugo de su compatriota y amigo Fernando González, Nicolás Massú jugará este domingo a las 22.00 horas la final del torneo ante el peruano Luis Orna, en un partido con historia.

"Alguien me comentó que hemos jugado 6 veces y las 6 veces he ganado yo", señaló el deportista.

Y, luego de que los periodistas presentes en la conferencia le indicaran que ni siquiera ha cedido un set en sus enfrentamientos con el incaico, el tenista nacional comentó risueño: "La presión que me ponen".

Agregó que "con Luis somos amigos, tenemos casi la misma edad, quemamos las mismas etapas juntos, ganamos Wimbledon en dobles, siendo juniors, él es una gran persona y me alegro que esté en la final".

Respecto de sus posibilidades de ganar el campeonato en su ciudad natal, Massú comentó que "ya había dicho en días anteriores que a veces no estoy jugando mi mejor tenis y hay ciertos resultados que me ayudan. Hoy me sentí jugando un gran tenis, a pesar de que ayer tuve 7 match point en contra. Hubo un punto en que le pegué mal a la pelota con el marco y la pelota cayó un centímetro dentro de la cancha, ese tiro pudo irse dos centímetros ancho y no estaría aquí, estaría en La Serena bajoneado entrenando para Copa Davis".

"Estuve 6-0 5-2 abajo (en el partido anterior) y peleé por seguir jugando este campeonato y aquí estoy, listo para jugar la final y con chances de ganar el torneo (...) Los 7 match point que tuve ayer en contra me ayudaron a cambiar el stiwch, a pensar más positivo, porque el tenis sé que lo tengo, era un problema de confianza y ahora siento que llego jugando un gran tenis a esta final", sostuvo el tenista.

Copa Davis

Nicolás Massú también se refirió al próximo duelo del equipo chileno en Copa Davis ante los rusos, que se disputará los días 9,10 y 11 de febrero en La Serena.

"Por lo que vi, Tursunov llegó medio lesionado, la verdad no sé si juegue, tal vez viene a entrenar y a jugar sólo los dobles. Safin no sé cuando llega (arriba domingo)".

Agregó que "para nosotros mientras más tarde llegue mejor", pues se sentirá las desventaja en comparación a las dos semanas que el deportista nacional lleva jugando en arcilla.

Alx
02-14-2007, 07:49 AM
an article from LUN

http://www.lun.cl/modulos/catalogo/paginas/2007/02/14/LUCSTDE24LU1402.htm?tipoPantalla=1260

LOVELY
02-14-2007, 10:05 AM
gracias Alx :worship:

Nico :awww: :hug:

NicoFan
02-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Poor Nico... :hug:

Merci Alx!

NicoFan
02-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Interview with Gaby in latercera.cl - I think the last paragraph is the most important. Nico needs to let others help him, and he has to help himself:

Nicolas Massú (42º of the ATP) is passing for a badly moment after the consecutive losses in Chile. The first one in the final of the ATP of Vina del Mar and the second in Davis Cup.

Because of it, the coach of the viñamarino, Gabriel Markus has the difficult mission to remove of that depression to the second Chilean racquet to confront the season 2007, where this week had to defend the title of Costo do Sauipe (Brazil).

"I believe that that is going to pass, for me has to rest a little bit one, a pair during the day, to relax the head, the body, to alleviate the pains that has and to continue thinking about the future. Does not stop being a sad week, nothing more", Cooperative Radio told.

Markus reflected on the moment that is living the "Vampire", after losing the decisive point before Igor Andreev (147º) in La Serena, that condemned to Chile al repechaje of Davis Cup.

"Is not so serious thinking it. What happens is that for every Chile and the same one 'Nico' to have been able to win this last match had been very pretty and important for the confidence. Sadly it was lost and that gives a very large sadness. Playing of localities before a hard team and to have the possibility of defining the last point is really important, al not to manage to there is a sadness and a fall of mind large", analyzed.

The Argentine removes somewhat positive of the decision of Massú to be not going to defend the title to Costo do Sauipe, what marks an advance in his recovery.

"Inside all was given somewhat good, that I did not think that went to happen and was the decision to stop and to rest this week. For 'Nico' was an important week, because defends the championship of Brazil and many points they go him themselves. Nevertheless, the to have determined to rest, resigning perhaps to lose ranking, I believe that is a good decision that in another moment not to have taken", commented.

Markus explained that the aid that the can give him to leave the well "depends a lot of the opening that 'Nico' have toward me and toward he himself, of be left to help", assured.

NicoFan
02-14-2007, 12:30 PM
There was another article in latercera - a lot like the lun.com interview except he said that he shouldn't have played Davis Cup.

NicoFan
02-14-2007, 12:35 PM
If he broke all of his racquets, how is he going to play BA. ;) :lol: Nico... :hug:

More from Radio Cooperativa:

He is cloistered in his department, the viñamarino continues depressed by the chapter of La Serena. His coach Gabriel Markus reduced drama to the situation and trusted in which in base to triumphs the well will leave.

Nicolas Massú (42º) is plunged in a depression after his loss on Sunday before the Russian one Igor Andreev (147º) in La Serena that condemned to Chile al repechaje Davis Cup. And he lives it alone, enclosed in his department in Santiago, not even with possibility to be removed the rage coaching because in an attack of impotence broke all his racquets.

It is a reflection of the hard moment that crosses the viñamarino, that decided not to defend the title this week in Costo do Sauipe, Brazil, and will expect to Thursday to decide if goes al tournament of Buenos Aires the next week.

Despite the bitterness of Massú, his coach Gabriel Markus reduced drama to the situation in dialogue with Al Air Free in Cooperative. since the capital one Argentina.

"Is not so serious, thinking it. What happens is that for every Chile and the same one 'Nico' to have been able to win this last match had been very pretty and important for the confidence, to be felt well with his people. Sadly it was lost and that gives a very large sadness. Playing of localities before a hard team and to have the possibility of defining the last point is really important, al not to manage to there is a sadness and a fall of mind large", analyzed.

"I believe that that is going to pass, for me has to rest a little bit one, a pair during the day, to relax the head, the body, to alleviate the pains that has and to continue thinking about the future. Does not it stop being a sad week, nothing more", added.

In that sense the coach trasandino emphasized the decision of its pupilo of attend not Costo do Sauipe.

"Inside all was given somewhat good, that I did not think that went to happen and was the decision to stop and to rest this week. For 'Nico' was an important week, because defends the championship of Brazil and many points they go him themselves. Nevertheless, the to have determined to rest, resigning perhaps to lose ranking, I believe that is a good decision that in another moment not to have taken", commented.

"Really I believe that 'Nico' is a little tired, is a little stressed, because as he said and he is certain when we coach before the tournament (of Vina) was playing very well, felt barbarian and the tension later did that he cannot yield. I believe that there is a little bit one of physical, mental exhaustion, and one must measure the quantity of tournaments. This it was a first important step", added.

Markus explained that the aid that the can give him to leave the well "depends a lot of the opening that 'Nico' have toward me and toward he himself, of be left to help".

"It more important it is to raise him the state of spirit, has many changes of spirit, at times gets mad, is put nervous, but in the fund knows what is good, that is well coached and that the things are going to change. Neither the good thing neither hard the bad thing for always, one or two good matches that win and his state will revert itself immediately", assured.

(Cooperative.cl)

kidnicky
02-14-2007, 01:23 PM
yeah now I know what I didn't want to read the chilean press :rolleyes: … I know he's sad but they're making a big drama of all this, breaking all his racquets oh my this people doesn't have better things to do :ras:

I know he'll feel better soon, I trust in him and I believe in him :hug:

All this is drving me crazy, I keep dreaming about him all nights :retard:

Sparko1030
02-14-2007, 02:03 PM
:tears: :hug: Nico...this is obviously a very low point for our chico. Hope something pulls him out of it. And thank goodness for such a loyal coach-Gaby is the best. :)

Thanks for the translations Nicofan.

ChinoRios4Ever
02-14-2007, 03:33 PM
http://diario.elmercurio.com/2007/02/14/deportes/_portada/noticias/159C060A-6CC5-4929-AADC-E85090E65AEF.htm?id={159C060A-6CC5-4929-AADC-E85090E65AEF}

LOS RIESGOS DEL "BAJÓN":
Massú busca la salida

El viñamarino sigue masticando la derrota copera, pero pronto tendrá que levantarse y hacer camino: le esperan tres meses en que defiende muchos puntos y se juega su estatus en el circuito.

El panorama parecería muy negro para Nicolás Massú. Después de su derrota ante Igor Andreev, que supuso el triunfo definitivo de Rusia sobre Chile en la Copa Davis, el viñamarino se refugió entre sus más cercanos y pidió tiempo para recuperarse del mal resultado.

Desde Argentina, el técnico Gabriel Markus desdramatizó el momento tenístico de su pupilo e indicó que su decisión de no jugar esta semana en Costa de Sauípe, torneo que ganó el año pasado, es correcta.

Massú acusó una serie de molestias físicas, pero el entrenador cree que todo pasa por un tema más bien mental. El argentino sabe que el viñamarino ha pasado por malos momentos antes, y lo ha visto salir adelante.

"Esto va a pasar. Para mí tiene que descansar un poquito, un par de días, relajar la cabeza, el cuerpo, aliviar los dolores que tiene y seguir pensando en el futuro", dijo Markus a la radio "Cooperativa".

Y es cierto: Massú ha tenido rachas muy negativas y las ha roto con buenas actuaciones. De hecho, jugando muy mal logró repetir la final que consiguió en Viña en 2006 y refrendar los 120 puntos que tenía.

En el próximo trimestre, eso sí, el bicampeón olímpico tendrá que salir de la tristeza que lo aqueja, pues estará en riesgo su estatus como jugador del "top 50" del circuito.

La próxima semana, en el ATP de Buenos Aires, Massú afrontará una semana muy dura, pues debe revalidar ahí las 175 unidades que conquistó en Costa de Sauípe el año pasado (hubo cambio de calendario). Si no lo consigue, podría caer por debajo de la línea de los 50 mejores.

Eso no sería grave, pues su presencia en los Masters Series de Indian Wells y Miami está asegurada, pero después, en abril, tiene que defender la final del ATP de Casablanca.

Su actual estatus en el circuito le permite ingresar a cualquier torneo que desee, sin tener que pensar jamás en disputar clasificaciones, pero si no sumara unidades frescas en el próximo trimestre, los Masters Series del resto de la temporada podrían alejarse de su alcance.

Dichos torneos son los que tienen los cierres más altos en cuanto a ranking de los jugadores que ingresan al main draw. El de Roma, por ejemplo, cerró en el puesto 59º en 2006. Canadá y Cincinnati, a su vez, no aceptaron tenistas por debajo del puesto 65º y en Madrid el último en ingresar era 44° del planeta.

Massú no juega la qualy de un Masters Series desde 2003. Pero para que tuviera que hacerlo otra vez, debería ocurrir un verdadero desastre.

"Pero esto es sólo fue una semana triste", confía Markus.

NADA GRAVE

Jugando mal, Massú defendió los puntos que tenía por llegar a la final de Viña. ¿Podrá repetirlo en Buenos Aires?

ChinoRios4Ever
02-14-2007, 03:35 PM
from la tercera...

NicoFan
02-14-2007, 03:42 PM
Nico is going to have trouble getting into the MS events in Europe this year. He's going to have to qualify and he won't like it. But he's going to have to do it whether he likes it or not. :shrug:

IW and Miami are okay. But he has a bunch of points in Miami to defend.

All depends how he does this spring and early summer on whether he'll be able to get into Montreal and Cincy through direct entry or whether he will have to qualify. Both of those fields have been cut down by Mr. Disney.

ChinoRios4Ever
02-14-2007, 03:47 PM
he needs good draws too :fiery:

LOVELY
02-14-2007, 03:51 PM
I want to see Nico in Monte Carlo :awww:
(I'll be there for the quallies and until the middle of the week so I could cheer for him ;) )

kidnicky
02-14-2007, 06:19 PM
thanks for the articles ... ooh Nico :awww: :hug: :kiss:

ChinoRios4Ever
02-15-2007, 03:14 PM
not good news... check this

EL FUTURO DEL CAMPEÓN OLÍMPICO:
¿Hasta Indian Wells?

Las molestias físicas de Nicolás Massú podrían marginarlo hasta fin de mes del circuito. De todas formas, Gabriel Markus le pidió entrenar en Buenos Aires.

Una serie de exámenes se practicó ayer Nicolás Massú en la Clínica Alemana. El doctor Alejandro Orizola le recomendó un chequeo biomecánico, en particular, para definir si tiene una descompensación muscular que pueda estar afectando su rendimiento en las últimas semanas.

Dependiendo de esos resultados, el número 42 del mundo determinará, de partida, si está físicamente apto para jugar la próxima semana en Buenos Aires. Pero Massú lo duda.

"Me he hecho un montón de exámenes después del Abierto de Australia y en ninguno me han encontrado nada grave. Pero después de la Copa Davis, cuando dejé de inyectarme antiinflamatorios, me empezó a doler todo. En La Serena no me moví bien y no sé si estoy para jugar", comentó el viñamarino a "El Mercurio".

Lo que teme el cuerpo médico del campeón olímpico es que la molestia en el aductor izquierdo lo haya hecho forzar otras zonas y eso incida en la escasa movilidad que demostró en la última Copa Davis.

El peor escenario es que Orizola le recomiende no jugar las próximas dos semanas (perdiendo también Acapulco) y recién se pueda reintegrar al circuito en Indian Wells, con lo que no tendría opción de defender los puntos que ganó el año pasado en Costa do Sauípe (que debería revalidar a contar de este lunes por un cambio de calendario). Y eso podría implicarle salir del "top 50" del ranking.

Y si el galeno no le aconseja restarse, Massú igual medita extender el descanso que se tomó esta semana.

Pero Massú habló anoche con su entrenador, Gabriel Markus, que le pidió que fuera a entrenar a Buenos Aires y ahí fuera viendo cómo se siente.

"Igual tengo que ir para borrarme del torneo, porque ya ocupé la opción de retirarme a distancia esta semana (es una por año), así que voy a practicar con Gaby. Si llegara a sentirme bien, juego Buenos Aires igual, lo mismo que Acapulco, porque son torneos que me gustan mucho", afirmó.

Massú dice que no está presionado por jugar a causa de la fuerte defensa de puntos que le espera.

"Es lo que menos me preocupa. Lo único que quiero es volver a sentirme bien en la cancha", dijo.

El finalista de Viña del Mar viajará mañana a la capital trasandina.

"No me arrepiento de nada"

Massú estaba de otro ánimo ayer. "La Copa Davis ya pasó, y es inútil seguir dándole vueltas. No puedo hablar por Fernando, pero yo no llegué en mi mejor momento y asumo mi responsabilidad, pero no me arrepiento de nada. Me encanta jugar la Copa Davis y por eso quise darlo todo a pesar de que no estaba bien. Hay que pensar que venía de la final de Viña y sin jugar bien llegué a la final. Por eso pensaba que iba a ser un aporte en La Serena y nunca pensé en restarme", dijo.

Tal como Fernando González, que le entregó todo su apoyo al cuerpo técnico liderado por Hans Gildemeister, Massú se cuadró sin condiciones con el actual capitán copero.

"Apoyo completamente a Hans y quiero que siga como capitán. Ahora tenemos que pensar en el repechaje. A mí no me importa que existan rencillas. No sé por qué (Álvaro) Fillol tendrá problemas con Hans ni me importa. Sí me importa que estemos todos unidos. Es un grupo bueno y tendremos otra oportunidad de hacer algo grande en la Davis", reflexionó.

http://diario.elmercurio.com/2007/02/15/deportes/_portada/noticias/FF40EE06-DCE7-49A3-9037-9AE066B6F4C1.htm?id={FF40EE06-DCE7-49A3-9037-9AE066B6F4C1}

NicoFan
02-15-2007, 03:20 PM
Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I have a feeling that he'll still play BA and Acapulco.

Translation:

The physical inconveniences of Nicolas Massú would be able to marginalize it to end of month of the circuit. Of all forms, Gabriel Markus asked him to coach in Buenos Aires.

A series of exams was practiced yesterday Nicolas Massú in the Clinica Alemana. The doctor Alejandro Orizola recommended him a checkup biomecánico ???, particularly, to define if has a descompensación ??? muscular that may be affecting his performance in the last few weeks.

Depending on those results, the number 42 of the world will determine, of departure, if is physically apt to play the next week in Buenos Aires. But Massú doubts it.

"I have done myself a pile of exams after the Australian Open and in none they have found me serious nothing. But after the Davis Cup, when to stopped injecting me anti-inflammatorys, I began to hurt all. In La Serena did not move well and I do not know if I am to play", commented the viñamarino to "El Mercurio".

What fears the medical body of the Olympic champion is that the inconvenience in the aductor left have it done to force other zones and that impact in the scarce mobility that showed in the last Davis Cup.

The worst setting is that Orizola recommend not to play the next two weeks (losing also Acapulco) and recently can return al circuit in Indian Wells, with what would not have option of defending the points that he won last year in Costa do Sauipe the one that should renew to count of this Monday by a change of calendar). And that would be able to imply him to leave the "top 50" of the ranking.

And if the physician does not advise him to be reduced, Massú equal he meditates to extend the rest that this week was taken.

But Massú spoke last night with his coach, Gabriel Markus, that asked that went to coach to Buenos Aires and out there seeing how feels.

"Equal I have to go to erase me of the tournament, because already I occupied the option to withdraw me to distance this week (is a per year), so I am going to practice with Gaby. If it came to feel me well, play Buenos Aires equal, the same thing that Acapulco, because are tournaments that I like a lot", affirmed.

Massú says that is not pressured by playing cause of the strong defense of points that expects him.

"It is what except me worries. The unique thing that want is to feel me again well in the court", said.

The finalist of Vina del Mar will travel tomorrow to the Argentine capital.

"I do not repent anything"

Massú was of another spirit yesterday. "The Davis Cup already passed, and is useless to continue giving it returns. I cannot speak by Fernando, but I did not arrive in my better moment and I assume my responsibility, but I do not anything. I love to play the Davis Cup and therefore I wanted to give it all in spite of the fact that was not well. One must think that came from the end of Vina and without playing well I arrived at the final. Therefore I thought that I was going to be able to contribute in La Serena and never I thought about reducing me", said.

Just as Fernando González, that all its delivered him support al technical body headed by Hans Gildemeister, Massú was squared without conditions with the present captain waiter.

"Support completely to Hans and I want that continue as the captain. Now we have to think about the repechaje. It does not matter to me to that quarrels exist. I do not know why (Álvaro) Fillol will have problems with Hans neither is important to me. Yes it is important to me that we be all united. It is a good group and we will have another somewhat large opportunity to do in the Davis", reflected.

kidnicky
02-15-2007, 03:21 PM
can someone please tell me that this is not happening!!!! :scared: :sobbing: :hysteric:

Brahna
02-19-2007, 05:17 PM
Massu se queda sin defensa

Nicolás Massú voló el sábado a Buenos Aires con varias dudas rondando en su cabeza.

Una tenía que ver con la participación en el torneo porteño, que comienza hoy en el Lawn Tennis Club. El certamen es uno de los favoritos del viñamarino: ahí celebró su primer título en 2002, una de las tardes imborrables de su carrera. Además, estaba el tema del ranking: esta semana tenía que defender los 175 puntos que obtuvo el año pasado cuando ganó Costa de Sauípe y sin los cuales abandonaría el grupo de los 50 mejores del mundo.

Pese a todo eso, la principal preocupación del bicampeón olímpico es su estado físico y mental. Dolores constantes en su pierna izquierda -sin una causa médica clara- le restan movilidad, por lo que no quería regresar al circuito hasta sentirse en óptimas condiciones.

Trabajó durante el fin de semana con su técnico, Gabriel Markus, y ayer resolvió tomarse una semana más de inactividad en el tour.

Massú se comunicó con la dirección del torneo y se dio de baja por lesión, siguiendo el mismo camino que Fernando González, quien también retrasó su regreso tras la serie de Copa Davis frente a Rusia.

Ambos deberían retornar al circuito en Acapulco, donde están inscritos, pero las chances que pasen de largo hasta Indian Wells no son pocas. En el caso del santiaguino, esa fue la recomendación expresa de su entrenador, Larry Stefanki.

Lo de Massú depende netamente de la evolución de sus dolencias, ya que el coach Markus cree que sólo jugando partidos recuperará su mejor nivel.

El tema del ranking no atormenta por ahora al viñamarino. En el corto plazo tampoco es para encender las alarmas: no debería tener problemas para ingresar directamente a los dos primeros Masters Series de la temporada -Indian Wells y Miami-, aunque, de no tener buenas actuaciones ahí, el chileno tendría que disputar las clasificaciones en los torneos grandes de la arcilla europea.

UN HABITUAL

Sólo en 2005 Nicolás Massú se había perdido el ATP de Buenos Aires, uno de sus torneos favoritos del circuito. Esa vez también se restó por lesión.

El mercurio - monday 19th - February

:sad:
Nico:hug:
Please, get well soon!:bowdown:

kidnicky
02-19-2007, 05:28 PM
I agree .... Nico :hug: please get well soooon!!! :sad:

Brahna
02-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Si todo sale bien, Massú viajaría el viernes a México.

Gabriel Markus, entrenador del viñamarino, apoyó su decisión de borrarse de Buenos Aires, pero cree que podrá jugar Acapulco.

Horacio Anselmi, preparador físico de Nicolás Massú, conversó con el viñamarino en Buenos Aires. Exámenes en mano, ambos comprobaron que el segundo mejor jugador de Chile no tiene nada de gravedad.

"Pero Nicolás no se sintió bien en los entrenamientos", cuenta Gabriel Markus, entrenador de Massú.

El trasandino, que fue quien insistió para que el finalista de Viña intentara de todas formas jugar en Buenos Aires, aceptó la decisión de su pupilo de borrarse.

"Lo respaldo absolutamente. Si un jugador no se siente bien físicamente, eso lo afecta en su juego. No tenía sentido que jugara en Buenos Aires así, y es mejor que tenga más tiempo para descansar. No puedo tener nada en contra de eso, pues la idea es que Nico esté en óptimas condiciones", agregó Markus.

Massú volvió ayer a Chile, para someterse a un tratamiento que le permita borrar las molestias de su pierna izquierda. "Es algo muscular, como una inflamación, una dureza, una contractura", trató de definir Markus.

Antes de dejar Buenos Aires, el número 39 del mundo quedó de viajar el viernes a Acapulco y ponerse a entrenar de inmediato junto a su entrenador. Sin embargo, fue el propio jugador el que confesó, antes incluso de su malogrado viaje a la capital trasandina, que es probable que recién pueda retornar al circuito en el Masters Series de Indian Wells, el próximo mes.

Pero Markus no cree que su pupilo vaya a perderse otra semana más. "Creo que el tratamiento que se hará en Santiago y los día extra de descanso serán suficientes para que supere la molestia. Yo creo que jugará en Acapulco, y sería bueno, porque es un torneo en tierra", dijo.

Tuesday 20th - February - el Mercurio

Markus seems to say that Nico will play Acapulco, Kid!:)

Fergie
02-20-2007, 03:58 PM
Kid must be happy with this news! :yeah:

RogiFan88
02-20-2007, 04:20 PM
That's good news!! Kid, I better do my message for NICO!

TommyB.
02-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Good news!! :)

kidnicky
02-20-2007, 04:29 PM
it seems that the one that is pushing is Gaby :lol: … I've to talk to Gaby 'cause he has to bring that kid to Mexico if he doesn't want a suicide in a palm tree in Acapulco :retard:

please Nico you've to comeeee pleaseeeeeee!!!! :sobbing: …

and yes people, messages for Nico, deadline tomorrow :p

ChinoRios4Ever
02-20-2007, 08:59 PM
at least Nico will travel to Acapulco, good news for you Kid :yeah:

ChinoRios4Ever
02-20-2007, 09:15 PM
:scared:

kidnicky
02-20-2007, 09:38 PM
the press doing is "usual" job as always :rolleyes: f*ck them!!! :shout:

ChinoRios4Ever
02-21-2007, 01:26 AM
Nico will travel to Acapulco on thursday, i heard in radio cooperativa tonight...

kidnicky
02-21-2007, 01:59 AM
since thursday?!?! what do you think, this would be truth?:shrug: :lol:

ChinoRios4Ever
02-21-2007, 02:02 AM
he is in Chile now and he practice in the evening and he felt much better than in Baires...

in the radio said that he will travel to Acapulco on thursday...

kid at least Nico will travel to Mexico... :yeah:

kidnicky
02-21-2007, 03:46 AM
yes and he better stays there until I arrived :p .... thanks for the info No1Rios I really hope he can play ... I'm so happy that he felt bett today :D

NicoFan
02-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Yeay Kid that he's travelling to Acapulco on Thursday. :woohoo:

As for the article in lun.com - that's total bs. :ras: And doesn't make sense - his draw wasn't that bad. Better el Gordo than Fat Dave or Carlos.

kidnicky
02-21-2007, 01:13 PM
there're worse articles than that one but it's better if you don't read that bs NicoFan

NicoFan
02-21-2007, 01:28 PM
What are they saying bad now about my pumpkin???? :mad:

The same thing is happening to two of my favorite Yankees here in NY - Derek Jeter and ARod. They are good friends, but the press are insisting there is a problem between them. And they are both say no, we're fine but obviously the press is needs a story so they have to make things up.

:ras: to the press...

kidnicky
02-21-2007, 01:49 PM
I'll tell you later :rolleyes:

I hate the press :ras: (I love Derek although i don't like the yankees :lol: )

NicoFan
02-21-2007, 02:11 PM
You'll have to email me. :sad: I need to know what poor Nico is going through.

Everyone likes Derek...he's a sweetie, only mean people wouldn't like Derek. :hug:

kidnicky
02-21-2007, 02:14 PM
Check your email ;)

… and Derek is really cute too :lol:

NicoFan
02-21-2007, 02:19 PM
I just read it. :mad: Thanks for sending me the info. :hug:

Derek is cute. :yeah:

kidnicky
02-21-2007, 02:47 PM
De nada ;)

It's a shame that Derek is from the yankees :p :lol:

Brahna
02-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Damn it, fucking bad news!:sad:
It's one day yes, one day no!:sad:
We'll have to wait his final decision until the beginning of the tournament, I guess.:confused:

Massú: "Estoy jugando parado"
Aunque recién hoy tomará una decisión, el viñamarino admitió que sigue sin sentirse físicamente bien y que es muy probable que se salte Acapulco.
Para Massú, no jugar Acapulco no es ningún drama.

Para Nicolás Massú no fue un error haber viajado a Buenos Aires. La segunda raqueta chilena ya había adelantado que había altas probabilidades de que recién retomara el circuito en el Masters Series de Indian Wells, pero igual Gabriel Markus, su entrenador, lo convenció de que viajara a Buenos Aires y que ahí probara si se sentía en condiciones de competir en el torneo de la capital trasandina.

"No, no me equivoqué en ir. Tenía todos los resultados de los exámenes a la vista y no aparecía ninguna lesión de gravedad, así que era bueno que probara cómo me sentía y tomara una decisión. Total, igual tenía que viajar para borrarme del torneo", comenta el tenista.

El problema es que el escenario que se le presentará la próxima semana, cuando debe presentarse en el ATP de Acapulco, será muy parecido al que enfrentó en Argentina, toda vez que hasta ayer seguía sin sentirse bien en sus prácticas. De hecho, se está sometiendo a un intenso tratamiento kinesiológico en la pierna izquierda.

"Todavía no me siento bien y estoy jugando muy parado en la cancha. Si mañana (hoy) sigo así, no voy a jugar Acapulco. Hasta ahora, las opciones están cincuenta y cincuenta", agregó Massú.

-La opción de no jugar en Acapulco puede ser complicada, porque no defendió los puntos de Costa de Sauipe y bajará en el ranking...

"El ranking es lo que menos me preocupa ahora. Lo que necesito es sentirme bien para poder jugar a mi nivel. Cuando eso pase, voy a mejorar en el ranking. Y mi idea es apostar a los torneos grandes, porque jugando torneos chicos fui 40º el año pasado, así que no sería tan dramático no jugar Acapulco".

El mercurio - 21th - February

We just have to pray for it, haven't we Kid?:scared:

I think we should know the final decision tomorrow. I really hope he'll be in good shape, and that he'll play this tournament!:bowdown:

VAMOS NICO!:hug:

ChinoRios4Ever
02-21-2007, 04:14 PM
:scared::scared::scared:

poor kid...

Alx
02-21-2007, 04:18 PM
no comment :rolleyes:

kidnicky
02-21-2007, 04:19 PM
between the press, Nico and Gaby I'm driving myself completely crazy :scared: i don't know what to think

he has to play pleaseeee he has too!!!!! :bigcry: :sobbing:

and if he continues saying that he'll focus more in the big tournament I'm going to kick his cute butt :o :p

NicoFan
02-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Poor Kid... :hug:

And kind of crazy. He was saying that he wants to focus on bigger events? He sucks at the bigger events. It's the smaller events where he does well at.

Nico. :confused:

NicoFan
02-21-2007, 04:22 PM
I'll kick his butt too Kid.

I hate that attitude by the players. Absolutely hate it. Rafa does it, Fernando does it, and now Nico. :mad: Pisses me right off.

kidnicky
02-21-2007, 04:24 PM
maybe someone has to remind to him that if he reaches 3rd round in a big tournament is a lot for him :rolleyes:

but again, after all the bs, I can't trust in the press, is one day one thing and the next day another thing ... I'm tired of this!!!!

I woke up at 2 am and I couldn't sleep for one hour, I'm thinking now that all THIS is the reason .... he'll drive me completely crazy very soon :o

NicoFan
02-21-2007, 04:32 PM
And what's odd is that his ranking is so low now that unless he plays in smaller tournaments and does well, he won't get into the big tournaments. :confused:

Nico Nico Nico ... love him but someone has to make him see the flaw in his logic here.

+alonso
02-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Well, :shrug: Like He said, I just want him to feel good, Rank isn't thaat important for now, 'cause at least He already is in IW and MIAMI draws, but If He doesn't improove it by HAMBURG and ROMA, his rank will be low enough and won't be at the main draw

kidnicky
02-21-2007, 04:38 PM
actually like Alonso said, I'm not thinking about the ranking (right now) I'm sooo selfish that I'm thinking about all the freaking money that I'm spending to go to Acapulco and if he wouldn't go ... well like I said, a suicide in a palm tree :o

I hate the press, I can't trust in them :p

Fergie
02-21-2007, 07:53 PM
Poor Kid :hug:

Nico should go to Acapulco and spend a day with kid :angel:

Sparko1030
02-21-2007, 08:05 PM
:awww: por favor Nico!!!! I think Nico is loosing his desire to play :sad: ....He MUST decide to play Acapulco....hang in there Kid :hug: I can understand how this is driving you crazy. ( No suicide by a palm tree though, please :) )

kidnicky
02-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Poor Kid :hug:

Nico should go to Acapulco and spend a day with kid :angel:

Totally agree with you Fergie :angel:

:awww: por favor Nico!!!! I think Nico is loosing his desire to play :sad: ....He MUST decide to play Acapulco....hang in there Kid :hug: I can understand how this is driving you crazy. ( No suicide by a palm tree though, please :) )

And I agree with you also Sparko, except in the palm tree thing ... it's up to Nico :o

Fergie
02-21-2007, 08:24 PM
I'll go to kick Nico delicious ass to send him to Acapulco :lol:

NicoFan
02-21-2007, 08:28 PM
Sparko - I think you are right. He's lost his desire and his fight. :sad: :sad:

Brahna
02-21-2007, 08:47 PM
Sorry girls, but I disagree with you.

That's just my point of view, but I don't know!:confused:

I think he is just afraid of hurting himself, he fears to be injured, maybe because
he is tired or..., I don't know why, and this fear comes into his head, stays here for a while and transmits it to his legs and his arms. That's it!
Don't forget what he said a few days ago :
"For now what more motivates me is to play tennis, it's the unique thing that I know how to do":worship:

He will get better, that's sure!:)
Have faith in him!

VAMOS NICO!

Sparko1030
02-21-2007, 09:00 PM

I think he is just afraid of hurting himself, he fears to be injured, maybe because
he is tired or..., I don't know why, and this fear comes into his head, stays here for a while and transmits it to his legs and his arms. That's it!
"For now what more motivates me is to play tennis, it's the unique thing that I know how to do":worship:

Have faith in him!

VAMOS NICO!

You could very well be right and I hope you are Brahna! I have faith in him, but sometimes I fear the worst; :shrug: He needs to win to gain confidence and can't win if he doesn't play.... Maybe Fergie kicking his "delicious ass" (love that btw :lol: ) will do the trick :devil:

NicoFan
02-21-2007, 09:08 PM

Have faith in him!

VAMOS NICO!

You are right- we have to have faith in him.

I think he is afraid of hurting himself, and I think he's lost a lot of confidence.

I was really annoyed with him when I saw him this summer because this was going on back then. But now I'm just worried about him and feel really bad for him. :hug: :hug:

Maybe he needs a break from tennis? Get himself together - body and mind. :shrug:

NicoFan
02-21-2007, 09:08 PM
I'll go to kick Nico delicious ass to send him to Acapulco :lol:

:yeah:

Indeed...quite delicious. :lol:

Brahna
02-21-2007, 09:21 PM
I don't think he needs a break. I guess it can be dangerous. You know when your ranking runs low, it's pretty hard mentally, he doesn't need that!:confused:
That's when you lose confidence! You don't afraid anyone.

I guess he has to find in himself the strength to believe in him again! (It's the sentence of the day):lol:
(:ras: davis cup)

NicoFan
02-21-2007, 09:37 PM
I don't think he needs a break. I guess it can be dangerous. You know when your ranking runs low, it's pretty hard mentally, he doesn't need that!:confused:
That's when you lose confidence! You don't afraid anyone.

I guess he has to find in himself the strength to believe in him again! (It's the sentence of the day):lol: (:ras: davis cup)

Yeah, it would be hard to come back from a break. :shrug:

I like that!!! He does need to find the strength to believe in himself again! :yeah:

kidnicky
02-21-2007, 10:09 PM
my uncle is a futbol coach and he's always repeating that everything is mental and in this case I think it's true ;)

I trust in him and I believe in him, is just a matter of time (hopefully the next week :awww: )

Brahna
02-22-2007, 11:50 AM
González no va, Massú sí

González volverá en Indian Wells, como quería Larry Stefanki.
El 5º del mundo confirmó su ausencia del torneo mexicano. Nicolás Massú, en tanto, se siente mejor y decidió presentarse en el balneario.

Ayer fue el capítulo final de la miniserie Acapulco para las dos mejores raquetas nacionales. El torneo mexicano, que comienza el próximo lunes, tendrá en definitiva a sólo un chileno en su cuadro: Nicolás Massú (39°).

Fernando González (5°) también estaba anotado en el ATP azteca. De hecho, era su primer sembrado y mayor figura. Sin embargo, el finalista del Abierto de Australia optó finalmente por escuchar los consejos de su cuerpo técnico y ayer confirmó que no jugará el certamen.

González podrá así prepararse con más tiempo para los desafíos que más le interesan a su técnico, Larry Stefanki: los Masters Series de Indian Wells y Miami, que se disputan sobre cemento.

Massú, en tanto, confirmó su asistencia al tradicional balneario mexicano. A diferencia del santiaguino, el viñamarino necesita una buena actuación en arcilla, su superficie predilecta, para no enfrentar bajas importantes en su ranking.

Con todo, el criterio para jugar fue netamente físico. "Después del tratamiento que se ha estado haciendo y las prácticas que tuvo acá en Santiago, Nicolás decidió ir a jugar, porque se siente mejor que en la semana pasada", informó Manuel Massú, su padre.

De todas formas, el bicampeón olímpico sigue con dudas sobre su nivel tenístico, por lo que fue vital el consejo de Gabriel Markus. El entrenador conversó ayer con su pupilo y lo convenció de que no llegara a Indian Wells sin haber acumulado partidos.

Today - el Mercurio

:worship: Thank you Nico!:hug:
Kid, you see!:)

VAMOS NICO!

Alx
02-22-2007, 11:59 AM
I hope he won't change his mind between now and monday :unsure:

NicoFan
02-22-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm happy for Kid! :woohoo:

But he doesn't sound like he wants to play. :eek:

Nico... :hug:

Fight sweet Nico...find your fight again!!!

kidnicky
02-22-2007, 01:18 PM
actually I've to be thanked with Papá Massu and Gaby 'cause I know that they're the ones that convinced him to play, Gaby is right, although is not the same surface, is not good for Nico to arrive to IW without any matches in his body for almost 3 weeks, and NicoFan is not that he doesn't want to play, Papa Massu said that after yesterday's practices he felt better and that's why he decided to come. I mean even Gaston is playing so what the hell he shouldn't do it?!?! so stop changing your mind Nico and play the freaking tournament for the love of God!!!!! :p

Gracias for the article Brahna and for the rest NicoFan, these hasn't been good days for me at all, I had to take a pill to be able to sleep yesterday :silly:

Gaby and Papa Massu :worship:

Nico pleaseee stop making me suffer!! :hug:

NicoFan
02-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Awwww Kid. :hug: :hug:

I know how you are suffering. But it looks like he will definitely be there.

And yes a huge GRACIAS to St. Gaby and Don Manuel! :hug:

Juliet
02-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Girls, where are your Vamos Nico??? :rolls:

BTW, I have to pay my penalty: Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! Vamos Nico!!! TO ACAPULCO!!!!

Sparko1030
02-22-2007, 01:23 PM
:) Sounds like good news! Hopefully it won't change and he will continue to feel better. :yeah: Too bad you weren't able to sleep well last night Kid :hug:-if Nico knew how you suffer on his account he might be a little more considerate with his decisions. ;)

kidnicky
02-22-2007, 01:25 PM
about Fernando not going, well the ATP and the players have to do something, because is not possible that the main latin stars of tennis continue screwing up the latin tournaments, the last year was NalBandian, Acapulco was fulled of big signs with his picture and tv ads promoting the tournament and that he'd be there, at the end he withdrew and the advertisements were still there when I arrived. This year was Fernando, that's why in the tv ads no tennis player appeared now like the last year, just in case :p. On sunday one of the tournament directors was commenting that Fernando was coming and that there was nothing to worry about (the guy sounded desperated) so now the same happen, is really a shame.

And nothing against Fernando, I completely understand him but again the ATP and the players should work to figure this out 'cause at this step we won't have any small tournaments since everyone is focussing their careers in the big ones :rolleyes:

Sparko1030
02-22-2007, 01:26 PM
:o Sorry Juliet-we're only required to "VAMOS NICO" on the chat thread :)

Sparko1030
02-22-2007, 01:29 PM
I agree about Fernando Kid. I was a little surprised he dropped out. I haven't read a reason yet but unless he still has a physical problem, he should have played IMO. This kinda of thing gives stupid DeVillers reason for more stupid changes like RR :rolleyes:

Juliet
02-22-2007, 01:30 PM
I noticed that, Sparko... I was joking! ;)

And I totally agree with Kid on Fernando not going to Acapulco. :mad:

kidnicky
02-22-2007, 01:35 PM
yeah that's true, more RR to come :ras:

Sparko1030
02-22-2007, 01:54 PM
I noticed that, Sparko... I was joking! ;)

And I totally agree with Kid on Fernando not going to Acapulco. :mad:

Oh! :o :lol:

And I don't want to bash Fena here. He's by far not the only one to do it-and perhaps it is a physical thing with him. But this sort of pull out is hard on the organizers like Kid mentioned and players had better make sure they have a good reason to do so.

NicoFan
02-22-2007, 02:10 PM
Everyone already knows what I think about this issue. ;) :lol:

Amelie Mauresmo was talking about it on the women's side - she was very critical about how 10-20% of the women are reneging on their commitments.

She basically said that it is a matter of respect and the way you were brought up.

It is definitely about respect - for the fans, sponsors, host city. Fans pay a lot of money to go, and sponsors mucho mucho dinero.

It's not just Fernando - Fed doesn't even bother to sign up for most tournaments, Rafa is out injured every other week, Fat Dave would rather go rally racing.

Makes me respect these guys less and less. Not as someone pointed out to me that the players would care what I think. But as fans decide to watch other sports where the players do actually bother to play week in and week out, and as less and less sponsors decide to shell out big dollars to sponsor their events, maybe they will care when they aren't getting a big paycheck.

kidnicky
02-22-2007, 02:52 PM
and you know that I agree with you NicoFan :lol: … and Sparko is not that I'm bashing Fernando, I was just putting the example from what I'll see the next week, 'cause I'm sure that a lot of people are going to see him and now no Fernando :awww: … and like NicoFan said, he is just doing it right now, most of the players are doing this all the time, wich btw SUCKS!!!! :ras:

Brahna
02-22-2007, 03:52 PM
Amelie Mauresmo was talking about it on the women's side - she was very critical about how 10-20% of the women are reneging on their commitments.
She basically said that it is a matter of respect and the way you were brought up.It is definitely about respect - for the fans, sponsors, host city. Fans pay a lot of money to go, and sponsors mucho mucho dinero.

And as less and less sponsors decide to shell out big dollars to sponsor their events, maybe they will care when they aren't getting a big paycheck.

Actually I've already read it somewhere, NicoFan!;)

Then I totally agree, they will care when they will notice they can't afford buying a house at the end of a tournament!:haha:

Sparko1030
02-22-2007, 04:24 PM
and you know that I agree with you NicoFan :lol: … and Sparko is not that I'm bashing Fernando, I was just putting the example from what I'll see the next week, 'cause I'm sure that a lot of people are going to see him and now no Fernando :awww: … and like NicoFan said, he is just doing it right now, most of the players are doing this all the time, wich btw SUCKS!!!! :ras:

I didnt' think you were Kid :) (when I wrote it I was thinking of myself)

Fergie
02-22-2007, 05:21 PM
The players should think better their schedule and withdraw only for an injury ... But in the other hand some players go to a tournament and just tank the match :rolleyes:

kidnicky
02-22-2007, 05:43 PM
I know Sparko, I just wanted to clarify it again :p

It's better to stop about this or we're gonna received bad rep's :haha:

Fergie
02-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Zuleta: "Massú es el responsable de lo que le pasa"

Confiado en poder ver una pronta recuperación de Nicolás Massú se mostró el entrenador nacional Leonardo Zuleta, quien fuera estratego del jugador hace algunos años.

Quizá es por esa razón que el coach se da el tiempo de evaluar el actual momento del número dos de Chile, de quien dice que es el principal responsable del bajo nivel que presenta en estos momentos.

"El gran responsable de lo que le pasa a Massú es él mismo. Él es el jefe de su equipo y en un 90 por ciento es el culpable de lo que le pasa. El resto es del grupo que lo asesora, desde su coach hasta su padre", partidó diciendo a La Tercera.

En ese sentido, "Nano" especificó que es necesario que el jugador experimente cuanto antes algunos cambios, para poder así regresar al sitial en el que estuvo hace algunos años.

"Son varios los aspectos que tiene que cambiar (...) debería jugar menos torneos y jugar menos de forma defensiva. Se dice que su revés es malo, pero tiene la capacidad para hacer un ajuste y convetir ese golpe en ofensivo", agregó.

Zuleta fue más allá, e incluso se atrevió a decir que, de hacer los cambios cuando antes, su ex pupilo podrá volver a ser el mismo que ganó los Juegos Olímpicos de Atenas.

"Se tiene que dar cuenta que necesita hacer ajustes y estoy seguro que si lo hace, podrá ser el jugador que ganó las medallas en Atenas".

La primera prueba de fuego que deberá sostener, es su participación en el ATP de Acapulco, donde deberá enfrentar al argentino Juan Mónaco, reciente ganador del ATP de Buenos Aires.

NicoFan
02-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Wise words by Nano. :yeah:

He and Nico speak a lot by phone (or used to) so hopefully he's telling Nico the same thing.

The only thing I humbly disagree with is playing less tournaments. If he was winning more consistently, yes. But I certainly don't want him to be like Fernando and only play the "big ones". :rolleyes:

Here's the translation:

Zuleta: "Massú is the responsible for what passes him"

Confident in being able to see a quick recovery of Nicolas Massú was shown the national coach Leonardo Zuleta, who he was estratego of the player he does some years.

Perhaps it is for that reason that the coach is given the time to evaluate the present moment of the number two of Chile, of whom he says that is the main one responsible for the low level that presents in these moments.

"The great responsible for what passes to Massú is he himself. He is the leader of his team and in 90 percent is the guilty one of what passes him. The remainder is of the group that assesses him, from his coach to his father", partidó telling La Tercera.

In that sense, "Nano" specified that is necessary that the player experimente as soon as possible some changes, to be able thus to return al sitial in which was does some years.

"They are various the aspects that has to change (..) he should play less tournaments and to play less than defensive form. It is said that his reverse is evil, but has the capacity to do an adjustment and convert that shot to offense", added.

Zuleta was beyond, and even dared to say that, to make the changes when before, his former pupilo will be able to be again the same one that won the Olympic Games of Athens.

"He has to realize that he needs to make adjustments and I am sure that if he does it, he will be able to be the player that won the medals in Athens".

The first test of fire that should maintain, is its participation in the ATP of Acapulco, where should face al Argentine Juan Monaco, recent winner of the ATP of Buenos Aires.

Fergie
03-01-2007, 10:45 AM
Massú avanza en Acapulco tras vencer a Galvani

Nicolás Massú (53º del ranking ATP) continúa su buen paso por tierras mexicanas, luego de derrotar en dos horas de partido al italiano Stefano Galvani (109º) por parciales de 7-6 (2) y 6-3, resultado que le permite avanzar hasta los cuartos de final del Abierto de Acapulco.

Massú tuvo un comienzo irregular, ya que comenzó quebrando en el primer game, pero cedió su saque inmediatamente después. De ahí hasta el 'tie break', donde la segunda raqueta nacional mostró bastante contundencia para llevarse el desempate por un categórico 7-2.

El medallista olímpico comenzó dubitativo en el segundo parcial, situación que fue inmediatamente aprovechada por el italiano que quebró de entrada, aunque el 'vampiro' se sobrepuso al segundo, devolviendo la gentileza al itálico en el game siguiente.

La segunda manga se desarrolló pareja hasta el octavo game. Massú venía de conservar su saque en el séptimo, quedando 4-3 en la cuenta, y en el octavo quebró el saque de Galvani luego de mucho batallar.

Para ganar el partido, el viñamarino desperdició dos oportunidades de partido, pero luego de estar 'brake' abajo, supo aprovechar la ventaja de su saque para llevarse el partido en dos horas exactas de partido.

Con este resultado, Massú se mete en los cuartos de final del ATP de Acapulco, donde deberá enfrentar al argentino Juan Ignacio Chela (35º) que en su duelo de octavos dio cuenta del francés Nicolás Devilder por 6-0 y 6-4.

ChinoRios4Ever
03-02-2007, 10:22 PM
http://www.emol.com/noticias/deportes/detalle/detallenoticias.asp?idnoticia=247747

Massú: "Estoy contento por la forma en que jugué esta semana"

ACAPULCO.- El abierto de Acapulco (México, 757 mil dólares, arcilla) puede tener varias lecturas para Nicolás Massú. La más fría y oficial dice que alcanzó los cuartos de final, consiguió 60 puntos (20 de ellos se agregarán efectivamente a su cuenta), que escalará varias posiciones en el ranking de la ATP y hasta podría recordarse que sumará un cheque de 18 mil dólares.

Pero la lectura más íntima de Massú debe ser positiva. El viñamarino volvió a ser un jugador de ataque, que salió a buscar siempre la forma de ganar sus partidos con sus tiros. "Estoy jugando como me gusta, agresivo. Físicamente no me cansé nada, me sentí muy bien. Sé que tengo cosas por mejorar, especialmente la irregularidad, pero nunca me eché para atrás", dice a Emol un reconfortado Massú que antes de llegar a México vivió semanas aflictivas.

"Después de Viña del Mar pasé un período en que me sentía sin fuerzas. La pelota no me corría, terminaba todo adolorido, era un cúmulo de cosas que me hicieron perder la confianza", añade desde Acapulco, donde permanecerá hasta el domingo.

"Voy a entrenar aca hoy (viernes) y mañana, pero en canchas de cemento, en la acdemia que tiene Clerc. Me voy el domingo a Indian Wells y debutaría entre viernes y sábado, así que voy a tener como una semana para entrenar allá, además que el cemento de Indian Wells no es tan rápido, es más bien lento", adelantó respecto del primer Masters Series del año que comienza el próximo miércoles.

Massú reveló a Emol el diálogo que tuvo con su técnico, el argentino Gabriel Markus, luego de la derrota del jueves ante Juan Ignacio Chela. "Me dijo que le gustó mucho la actitud mía, de tratar de ser siempre agresivo. Claro que también me preguntó que había pasado en unas pelotas increíbles que fallé en el primer set, unas cortas y unas doble faltas que yo mismo no puedo explicar. Será que tengo que meterme un poco más en algunos momentos, pero claramente hay una irregularidad que necesito corregir".

Respecto de su ranking (debería volver al grupo de los 45 mejores), el tenista viñamarino dice no estar preocupado. "Lo único que me importa es entrar directo a los Masters Series. Justo ahora supe que achicaron los cuadros y sacaron 8 jugadores, así que ahora va a cortar más arriba. Indian Wells es el último torneo que suma, así que quiero avanzar lo más posible. Además que Montecarlo es un torneo donde varios fallan, así que tengo buenas chances", adelantó el campeón olímpico.

NicoFan
03-02-2007, 10:57 PM
Gracias por el articulo No1Rios! :hug:

Nico sounds confident. Hopefully he can keep playing aggressive. :yeah:

Fergie
03-03-2007, 02:43 AM
Finally some nice words from Nico :hug:

Fergie
03-13-2007, 02:29 PM
From Agassi's interview :worship:

En lo que respecta a Nicolás Massú, el ex monarca del tour reconoció que valoraba mucho la actitud del viñamarino. Incluso el estadounidense confesó que se había comunicado con la segunda raqueta del país tras su éxito en Atenas 2004 debido a que "él es un muy buen tipo" y "porque había hecho algo muy grande: ganar dos medallas de oro. Y de la forma que lo hizo fue realmente extraordinario: con la fuerza y el corazón que puso en todo el torneo. Es para estar orgulloso".

NicoFan
03-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Andre. :hug: :hug: What a nice thing to say about our Nico!

Translation: As for Nicolas Massú, the former monarch of the tour recognized that he valued a lot of the attitude of the viñamarino. Even the American confessed that he had communicated with the second racquet of the country after his success in Athens 2004 due to that "he is a very good type" and "because had done something very large: to win two medals of gold. And of the form that caused was it really extraordinary: with the force and the heart that put in all the tournament. Is to be proud".

kidnicky
03-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks Fergie, I didn't post that yesterday 'cause the rest of the article was about someone else :rolls: … I'm sure that Nico will be more than happy if he reads what Andre said about him :hug:

Brahna
03-13-2007, 07:19 PM
:bigcry:Andre Agassi:hug: Nice words for our Nico. I wanna be in Chile for the exhibition!:worship: Some guys here are lucky!:D

ChinoRios4Ever
03-16-2007, 04:50 AM
http://www.cooperativa.cl/p4_noticias/antialone.html?page=http://www.cooperativa.cl/p4_noticias/site/artic/20070314/pags/20070314153052.html

Nicolás Massú busca un cambio: "Tengo que jugar más agresivo"

El número dos de Chile afrontará esta semana el challenger de Sunrise con la misión de encontrar su mejor forma para afrontar el resto de la temporada.

Luego de quedar eliminado en la primera ronda del Masters Series de Indian Wells y de mantenerse en un bajo nivel en su tenis, el chileno Nicolás Massú (51º de la ATP) busca recuperar la senda del triunfo y por ello se enfoca en cambiar parte de su juego, intentando ser más agresivo en la cancha.

En medio de las lesiones e irregulares partidos, Massú se mantiene lejos de los 20 mejores tenistas del orbe, no obstante, confía en salir del bache en que se encuentra.

"Tengo que jugar más agresivo. Sé que al principio voy a fallar un poco más de lo normal, porque soy bastante sólido de fondo y fallo poco, pero ahora estoy tratando de ser más agresivo con mi revés y acercarme más a la red. Hoy el tenis está más rápido, los puntos son más cortos y uno tiene que ir mejorando cosas y buscar nuevas facetas para mejorar", dijo Massú en diálogo con Al Aire Libre en Cooperativa.

El viñamarino aseguró que se mantiene en alza. "Creo que a mi nivel le falta bastante, pero he venido subiendo de lo que jugué en Viña y en Copa Davis", explicó.

El tenista chileno suma seis triunfos y seis derrotas durante 2007, por lo que utilizará su participación en el challenger de Sunrise (Florida).

"Lógicamente que jugar acá es una preparación para Miami, es un torneo donde están todos los jugadores que perdieron en Indian Wells la semana pasada, uno está entrenando y a la vez está compitiendo, y jugar partidos es bastante importante", explicó el vigente campeón olímpico.

"Es un torneo que no genera muchas expectativas en resultados y sólo hay que tratar de entrenar las cosas que uno va a hacer en Miami y si uno gana, mejor todavía, pero estoy tranquilo y enfocándome en Miami", añadió.

Según el número dos de Chile lo principal para él es sentirse mejor en la cancha.

"Más que esperar un buen sorteo, lo que me preocupa es rendir, porque cuando rindo, excepto a (Roger) Federer, uno puede ganarle a cualquiera, pero más que nada me preocupa estar jugando bien, estar contento, estar sano y con esas tres cosas uno puede competir con cualquiera. Ojala haya un buen sorteo, pero eso no es lo primordial, porque si juego bien, los resultados llegan solos, tarde o temprano", manifestó. (Cooperativa.cl)

great news, Nico is really THINKING DESTRUCTION!!!

kidnicky
03-16-2007, 05:00 AM
of course!!! TOTAL DESSSTRUCTION!!!!!! :fiery: ... and it seems that he's tired as we are, of praying for good draws :o

oh and btw is kind of hard for me to believe that Nico said EXCEPT Federer, since he never says that kind of words and I'm sure that he's not thinking about that after Willy defeated King Fed :p

Thanks for the article No1Rios :yeah:

Fergie
03-16-2007, 05:21 AM
:bigcry:Andre Agassi:hug: Nice words for our Nico. I wanna be in Chile for the exhibition!:worship: Some guys here are lucky!:D
The tickets are really expensive, we aren't enough lucky :rolleyes:

NicoFan
03-16-2007, 11:41 AM
English translation:

Nicolas Massú seeks a change: "I have to play more aggressive"

The number two of Chile will confront this week the challenger of Sunrise with the mission to find its better form to confront the remainder of the season.

After remaining eliminated in the first round of the Masters Series of Indian Wells and of being maintained in a reduction level in its tennis, the Chilean one Nicolas Massú (51º of the ATP) search to recover the path of the triumph and because of it is focused in changing part of his play, trying to be more aggressive in the court.

In the middle of injuries and irregular matches, Massú is maintained far from the 20 better tennis players of the globe, nevertheless, trusts in leaving the pothole in which is found.

"I have to play more aggressive. I know that al principle I am going to fail a little more than the normal thing, because I am enough solid of fund and little failure, but now I am trying to be more aggressive with my backhand and to approach me more to the net. Today the tennis is faster, the points are shorter and one has to go improving things and to seek new facets to improve", said Massú in dialogue with Al Air Free in Cooperative.

The viñamarino assured that is maintained in rise. "I believe that to my level lacks him enough, but I have come rising from what I played in Vina and in Davis Cup", explained.

The Chilean tennis player adds six wins and six losses during 2007, for which he will utilize his participation in the challenger of Sunrise (Florida).

"Logically that to play here is a preparation for Miami, is a tournament where are all the players that lost in Indian Wells last week, one he is coaching and at the same time he is being of concern, and to play parties he is quite important", he explained the in force Olympic champion.

"It is a tournament that does not generate many expectations in results and only one must treat to coach the things that one is going to do in Miami and if one desire, better still, but I am tranquil and focusing me in Miami", he added.

According to the number two of Chile the main thing for him he is to be felt better in the court.

"More than expecting a good draw, what worries me to yield, because when I yield, except to (Roger) Federer, one can beat him to any, but most of all worries me to be playing well, to be happy, to be healthy and with those three things one can compete with any. I hope there be a good drawing, but that is not the fundamental thing, because if I play well, the results arrive alone, sooner or later", he declared.

Brahna
03-16-2007, 09:42 PM
Nico!:worship: :hug:
That's great! :yeah:
Nico heard us! Does Kid sell us?;) :haha:
That's a really good news! I'd like to watch the match!:sad:

Brahna
03-17-2007, 03:25 PM
http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/4609/vampiroqy5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
from la Tercera

kidnicky
03-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Thanks Brahna ;)

The stupid press are sooo "bussy" that they post only an article from Nico but from an interview that he gave 2 days ago for the tournament :rolleyes:

Brahna
03-18-2007, 11:32 AM
That comes from Sunrise website

Monfils plays another young gun in Sunday's final - Italian Andreas Seppi, who pulled out a three set win over a determined Nicolas Massu.

Ranked 102 to Massu's No. 50, Seppi took on the tournament's No. 6 seed with consistency and style. The match started with the court in half-sun, half-shade, which Seppi said made the first few games difficult. He lost that set 3-6, but the second game of the second set, which went to a half-dozen deuces, marked a momentum shift - as Seppi broke the Chilean's serve for the first time.

“It was one of the important games in the match,” Seppi said, “...because I was a break down, and then to come back immediately was good for me for confidence. Otherwise a set down and break down, it's always tough so it was pretty good to [win] this long game.”

In the third set, Seppi was an excellent retriever, getting lots of balls back while Massu seemed to melt down - going for winners and missing. “Third set I started really good,” Seppi said. “I don't know maybe he was thinking a little bit about the second, because he made some double faults in the second game, and third game, so I had a good start in the third. When I'm confident I can play pretty good. When I had the chance I went for the winner. It works pretty good and then in the long rallies it's tough against [Massu] because he's running a lot, so you have to keep the points short and maybe sometimes that was the key of the game. I'm pretty patient, but when I have the chance I try to go for the winner so I think both a little bit patient and a little bit risk.”

Seppi also produced winners with crafty drop shots, which Massu wasn't often able to track down. “In the long rallies he's staying pretty far from the baseline, so to make sometimes a drop shot it's good to change the position of the player,” Seppi said. “After winning the second set I was more confident, I knew that maybe if I go up like 3-zero he's going to go a little bit crazy or something - so I tried to be focused the first games and it worked out good.” In fact, Seppi went up 5-0 in the third, before Massu rallied to hold serve.

NicoFan
03-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Seppi said Nico was playing far from the baseline.

Nico... :sad:

Get up on teh baseline!!!! Where was the change of game?!?! :(

I had a feeling he melted down. :sad: That's okay - something to learn from.

kidnicky
03-18-2007, 09:31 PM
remeber the patient thing NicoFan??? :lol:

Fergie
03-19-2007, 09:51 PM
Here we go :p

Massú puede tener su revancha ante Safin en Miami

Un complicado sorteo tuvo Nicolás Massú (50º) en el Masters Series de Miami, que arranca el próximo miércoles, pese a que en la primera ronda deberá enfrentar un jugador proveniente de las clasificaciones.

El problema para el viñamarino está en la siguiente llave, donde lo espera el ruso Marat Safin (27º), que viene de derrotarlo sin mayores apelaciones en el reciente duelo por Copa Davis en La Serena.

Ese día, el eslavo se impuso por un contundente 6-3, 6-2 y 6-2 en lo que fue el primer single del match, que marcaría la suerte del equipo capitaneado por Hans Gildemeister en la primera ronda del Grupo Mundial.

Ahora el chileno tendrá la oportunidad de igualar el negativo registro que tiene ante Safin (1-2), aunque para que ello suceda primero deberá superar el debut, ante un rival que todavái está por conocer.

kidnicky
03-20-2007, 02:32 AM
oh I really really really loooove the chilean press ... they're my role model and my heroes :ras: :shout:

stupid people :o

Alx
03-22-2007, 08:47 AM
From Cooperativa

Nicolás Massú tras su breve paso por Miami: "No estuve fino y cómodo en la cancha"

La raqueta número dos de Chile, tras caer ante el español Feliciano López en Miami, se mostró acongojado por despedirse tempranamente de los dos primeros Masters Series de la temporada.

Tras ser eliminado por el español Feliciano López (84º), en la primera ronda del Masters Series de Miami por parciales de 6-3 y 6-3, Nicolás Massú (50º) manifestó su desazón por su cometido señalando que en ningún momento pudo acomodarse a la pista luego de la larga interrupción que sufrió el match a raíz de la lluvia que amenazó la jornada de este miércoles al torneo floridano.

"El tenis es un deporte de momentos. Cuando me tocó entrar a la cancha sentí que era para los dos igual, pero él tuvo el mérito de que le molestó menos que a mí", manifestó.

"No me sentí muy fino y no me pude meter nunca en el partido. No pude sentirme cómodo dentro de la cancha. En ningún momento me sentí bien, fue un partido muy raro ya que nunca pude entrar en ritmo en la cancha", puntualizó.

Con esta nueva derrota, el doble campeón olímpico nuevamente se despidió en primera ronda de un Masters Series de esta temporada ya que en Indian Wells cayó derrotado ante el también hispano Guillermo García López.

El viñamarino señaló, además, que pese a los magros resultados obtenidos en lo que va de la temporada 2007 el trabajo de su técnico, el argentino Gabriel Markus, no merece cuestionamientos por lo que seguirá bajo las órdenes del coach trasandino.

Nicolás Massú regresa este jueves al país para reevaluar su agenda y determinar en que torneo volverá a participar en el circuito de la ATP. (Cooperativa.cl)

kidnicky
03-22-2007, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the article Alx

ChinoRios4Ever
03-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Dont kill me for posting this article from Rodrigo Hernandez, one of the best chilean tennis journalists, he's in Key Biscayne now and watching all the Nico-LaLo's match... check this

Maldita primavera

Nicolás necesita descansar y volver con todo cuando se sienta preparado. Olvidarse de los partidos que perdió este año. Quizá sea la única fórmula para recuperar al Massú de siempre.

Por Rodrigo Hernández desde Miami.

Desde que fue el quinto mejor juvenil del mundo en 1997 y hasta las Olimpiadas de Atenas de 2004 la carrera de Nicolás Massú siempre fue en ascenso. En su primer año como profesional se metió entre los 200 mejores, en el segundo rompió la barrera de los 100 y después de consolidarse un par de temporadas entre los 90 primeros obtuvo su primer título en Buenos Aires en 2002. Fue el punto de partida para dos temporadas al más alto nivel y cuyos principales hitos fueron el bicampeonato olímpico y el noveno puesto del ranking ATP al que trepó luego del US Open tres semanas después.

En Atenas Massú tocó el cielo y conquistó el mayor logro al que un deportista puede aspirar: una medalla de oro olímpica. Quizá en el tenis sea menos relevante que alcanzar el número uno del mundo, pero es un hito tanto o más importante, por ejemplo, que ganar un Grand Slam. Andre Agassi, campeón de ocho majors y Gastón Gaudio, monarca de Roland Garros en 2004, se lo hicieron saber al viñamarino.

El sobreesfuerzo de Massú en Atenas le costó caro, tuvo un 2005 plagado de lesiones y perdió uno de sus capitales más preciados: la velocidad de sus piernas. Pero no renunció y tras una pretemporada a full se propuso en 2006 volver a ser el de sus mejores días. Sin embargo, lo consiguió a medias porque pese a jugar tres finales y ganar en Costa do Sauipe remató el año en el puesto 44 con una sensación al debe en los torneos grandes.

Lamentablemente para Massú, el escenario no ha mejorado. Todo lo contrario, los esquivos resultados en Australia e Indian Wells, se extendieron a los campeonatos más pequeños. Y cuando en el papel rindió como en Viña del Mar (finalista) o Acapulco (cuartos de final) su conclusión fue que ganó partidos más por su experiencia que por su buen tenis.

La derrota ante Feliciano López este miércoles acá en Miami no hizo más que validar la tendencia. No lo afectó la llegada de la primavera, la lluvia, que suspendió tres veces la jornada inaugural, ni el fuerte viento que azotó Crandon Park, perdió porque sigue sin encontrar las respuestas tenísticas para salir de su atrape.

Massú necesita volver a disfrutar en una cancha, a jugar sin ataduras, a ser el gladiador que nos dio grandes alegrías. Nadie le pide que juegue dentro de la pista, haga saque y red o de la noche a la mañana pegue winners de revés paralelo como Davydenko, Djokovic o Murray.

"Necesito ganar, si uno pierde más partidos de los que gana lógicamente no se siente bien. Al rendir la confianza viene sola, se está más motivado, es una cadena de buenas sensaciones y cuando se pierde es todo lo contrario. Estoy tratando de ser positivo, ver en qué estoy fallando, pero no es fácil. Hay que tener paciencia", dijo para explicar su actual momento, un diagnóstico que puede ser certero, pero que no profundiza en las razones de su irregularidad.

¿Qué está haciendo mal? Tenísticamente, está jugando muy defensivo y, por ende, corriendo más de la cuenta. Pero ese tenis es solo el reflejo de su desconfianza, una desconfianza que nace de la falta de triunfos, de expectativas incumplidas. El número dos de Chile quiere hacer algo importante, un segundo atenazo, pero no logra siquiera dar el primer paso. Y eso lo frustra. Es un círculo vicioso.

Este miércoles cuando el partido estaba 0-2 y 30 iguales hubo que suspenderlo a causa de la lluvia. Era un diluvio. Y Feliciano López corrió desaforado a guarecerse… Massú, en cambio, avanzó a paso lento, como ido, como si no le importara estar ahí. Más tarde, cuando vino la reanudación, el viñamarino entró a mil revoluciones y estuvo a una pelota de convertir un 0-4 en 4 iguales, pero un revés ancho lo devolvió a su estado de indolencia.

Esta bipolaridad lo está liquidando. Nico necesita descansar, irse los Himalayas y volver con todo cuando se sienta preparado. Olvidarse de la Davis con Rusia y los partidos que perdió este año. Quizá sea la única fórmula para recuperar al Massú de siempre.

ChinoRios4Ever
03-23-2007, 12:01 AM
Today i had to say reading "El Mercurio" today... NEVER IN MY LIFE I SAW A NEWSPAPER BASHING NICO LIKE "EL MERCURIO" DID TODAY, WAS REALLY SICK AND STUPID :ras:

NicoFan
03-23-2007, 12:04 AM
Thanks for posting. :hug:

It was a good article.

If I'm reading the end right, I think the guy is right - find some joy in the game, take some time off, and figure out what to do. And then come back stronger.

Nico.... :hug: :bigcry:

NicoFan
03-23-2007, 12:05 AM
Today i had to say reading "El Mercurio" today... NEVER IN MY LIFE I SAW A NEWSPAPER BASHING NICO LIKE "EL MERCURIO" DID TODAY, WAS REALLY SICK AND STUPID :ras:

Please don't post what they said... :sad: I don't want to see my angelito trashed. We can say what he needs to do to improve but we do it in love. They do it in hate for my sweetie. :mad:

Fergie
03-23-2007, 12:08 AM
Some quotes from El Mercurio

"Me vuelvo a Chile, la verdad es que no sé cuando vuelva a jugar, tengo que pensar bien lo que me está pasando. No me sentí muy fino, no pude meterme nunca en el partido", señaló el viñamarino en declaraciones a radio Cooperativa.

Nicolás Massú demostró la escasa motivación que tiene en este momento al analizar los momentos de su derrota ante el español Feliciano López, especialmente el octavo juego del primer set, cuando tuvo punto para quebrar y emparejar el partido.

"Pese a todo eso, nunca sentí que tuviera la chance de meterme en el partido", reiteró el número dos de Chile, que de paso aclaró que sus derrotas no pasan por su entrenador, el argentino Gabriel Markus, a quien confirmó en su cargo.

kidnicky
03-23-2007, 12:13 AM
Thanks for posting that No1Rios .. it was a good article ... I guess that all of us would give anything to help him but this is something that he has to do by its own :hug:

Nico, we'll be here to support you :hug: :kiss:

and thanks for the warning about Emol but actually it's been a long time since I stop reading the chilean press :ras:

Brahna
03-23-2007, 12:30 AM
Ayayay, NicoFan! Why don't we choose patience for the name thread!:sad:

"Estoy tratando de ser positivo, ver en qué estoy fallando, pero no es fácil. Hay que tener paciencia" Nico, from the article of No1Rios, great article! :yeah:

ChinoRios4Ever
03-23-2007, 12:34 AM
See NicoFan, the Monte-Carlo thread must be named: PATIENCE!!!! :fiery:

NicoFan
03-23-2007, 12:36 AM
Then PATIENCE it is!!!! :yeah:

Should we have individual threads for the individual tournaments? Or just one big thread for the entire clay season (except RG)?

Fergie
03-23-2007, 12:41 AM
Should we have individual threads for the individual tournaments? Or just one big thread for the entire clay season (except RG)?

I prefer a new thread for a new tournament :)

Brahna
03-23-2007, 12:44 AM

Is it ironic? :lol:

Better a thread for each tournament, more clean, and if you want to check something out later, you still can find it!;)

ChinoRios4Ever
03-23-2007, 12:46 AM
I prefer a new thread for a new tournament :)

me too :yeah:

kidnicky
03-23-2007, 04:35 AM
yeah me too, a thread for tournament :yeah:

and yes I saw the patience thing ... all of us need that :rolleyes:

NicoFan
03-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Article in Radio Cooperativa. And Kid you tell me not to worry about my Nico. :sad: See - I do have to worry.

The coach of Nicolas Massú, Gabriel Markus, is in a good mood prefers "to be taken with soda" the loss of his pupil before Feliciano López, despite that he did not like his attitude in the court.

By Rodrigo Hernández from Miami.

It rains since the world were to finish… new nothing in Key Biscayne by this date in any case. While in the main stadium the pasapelotas flee the rainstorm after drying in vain the court by umpteenth time, in the zone of parkings a pair of Argentines they expect, in a tent of two for two, that one of the so many volunteers that work for the tournament they approach him the car.

One of them it is Gabriel Markus, the other Sebastián Prieto, doubles player of the Argentine team of Cup Davis that the subsequent week plays in Gotemburgo fourth of end of the World Group. The coach of Nicolas Massú is in a good mood and greets sportsmanlike. It prefers "to be taken with soda" the rout of its pupilo before Feliciano López, despite that he did not like its attitude in the court.

"He was ill, in general, is crossing for a difficult moment. He played with very little spirit to fight, with his very low spirit, is a pity because one works so that the things go otherwise. But already we will find a solution to leave this. What is important is that change his humor and recover the desire to compete", says of entrance.

- ¿AND how it is achieved?

"Is difficult, really I thought that was a little better. Last week in the challenger of Sunrise played well, be felt again I please, I saw it as time ago it did not see, with more happiness, even here we coach well, but at the moment of the match, they changed it me. A player depressed appeared… and that is a sadness.

- Always in these cases the possibility of a separation grows, ¿they have not considered to stop working together?

"No, among us is all well, but is a pity to see him with a state of so low spirit. First should recover his desire by competing and, above all, to have a good spirit. What is living is difficult for all, for him, for me as coach, for his family. I always try to remove him ahead and there are days in which the task is done really complicated, but me do not I complain, is my work".

- Massú is disappointed and a little in the air regarding what week to return al circuit, ¿what they have conversed?

"That returns in the qualy of Monte Carlo, I believe that is going to come him well to stop a week and to be cleared. Later there it will be that to take up again the training thinking about doing somewhat good in the tour that comes. But for that is key that return with energy and determined to be broken in the court. In the tennis today nobody gives you nothing".

Markus says good-bye, catches the bag and runs al vehicle in motion with Prieto al flying. It has just done scrawny, but at the same time certain analysis of what his pupilo lives. And he is not afraid that al double Olympic champion his words fall him badly because has clear that although not it verbalice Massú knows intimately that did not fight as owed. Is one of the advantages to have a clear relation, without duplicities. They are told what have that to say and they give return the page.

This Friday, Massú will be in Vina visiting his sick grandfather, Mr. Ladislao Fried, the great propellant of its career, while Fernando González will debut as extensive favorite front al former champion of Australia Thomas Johansson. 24 hours ago they shared the wardrobe, the room of players, the box vip.

Today, on the other hand they are to 10 thousand kilometers of distance, one with a week free and without the minimum intention to seize the racquet, another with desires to continue doing history and to become among the three better than the world. A contrast on the one that all they think… and that according to many is explained in which to Massú the success affected him emotionally of González. I do not maintain that. But I am clarified it in the following column.

kidnicky
03-23-2007, 07:25 PM
and they have to said something ridiculous or stupid at the end otherwise they wouldn't be happy right :o

NicoFan, Nico needs time and this week off will help him, he need to be with his family (I hope his grandfather is okay :sad: ) and then reagroup and start again, the clay season will help him and the good thing is that Gaby and him are okay :yeah:

He'll be okay NicoFan .... I don't know why you never believe me :p

Nico :hug: :kiss:

NicoFan
03-24-2007, 12:21 AM
and they have to said something ridiculous or stupid at the end otherwise they wouldn't be happy right :o

NicoFan, Nico needs time and this week off will help him, he need to be with his family (I hope his grandfather is okay :sad: ) and then reagroup and start again, the clay season will help him and the good thing is that Gaby and him are okay :yeah:

He'll be okay NicoFan .... I don't know why you never believe me :p

Nico :hug: :kiss:

I hope his grandfather is okay too. Made me sad to read about it. Nico must be very upset about it. He's so close to his family. :sad:

kidnicky
03-24-2007, 03:53 AM
and who wouldn't be sad about it ... and I was sad for that because our boy doesn't need this right now ... I hope his abuelo is okay :hug:

Fergie
03-26-2007, 12:40 PM
More nice words from Agassi

Mientras que las palabras para Massú no fueron en menor medida, ya que el de Las Vegas lo fue a visitar para felicitarlo por sus medallas de oro en los Juegos Olímpicos de Atenas 2004.

"Nicolás es una persona muy gentil, muy amistoso y muy abierto, es un trabajador, disciplinado y profesional, muy competitivo que pelea cada punto", finalizó.

NicoFan
03-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Ohhhh...what a sweet thing for Andre to say about our Nico!!! :hug:

Sparko1030
03-26-2007, 02:06 PM
Ok, for the Spanish challanged.....I got that he said Nico is disciplined and proffessional and very competitive, but I know there is more! What else does Andre say about our Nico?

NicoFan
03-26-2007, 02:10 PM
:lol: Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrry Sparko... :hug:

Andre said that Nico is very nice, very friendly, and very open person. He's a hard worker, disciplined and professional, and very competitive for each point.

kidnicky
03-26-2007, 02:28 PM
If Nico reads this he'd be more than happy :D

Thanks Fergie :yeah:

Andre :worship: ... the only tennis player that I knew even without knowing about the sport :worship:

Sparko1030
03-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Gracias Nicofan :wavey: Very nice words indeed! :yeah: Andre

ChinoRios4Ever
03-27-2007, 05:36 PM
NICOLÁS MASSÚ:
"Siempre andaba con buena onda"

El campeón olímpico rememora sus experiencias con el mítico estadounidense. "Nunca vi a tenistas llorar por un colega, como cuando él se retiró el año pasado", cuenta el viñamarino.

Por problemas familiares más que por sus últimos resultados, Nicolás Massú no vive días muy felices. Pero las penas y preocupaciones desaparecen rápidamente cuando se le nombra a un personaje que siempre ha estado en un lugar destacado en sus pensamientos: Andre Agassi.

"Me parece increíble que Agassi venga a Chile. No es lo mismo que venga estando retirado, pero igual es importante que la gente tenga la posibilidad de verlo, porque es un grande, un ídolo. Y, por lo demás, no se retiró hace tanto y enfrenta a otro grande como el 'Chino' Ríos. Es un partido ideal para ver, porque Ríos también fue número uno del mundo y ganándole a Agassi, así que es un partido que tiene mucha historia".

-Agassi fue su ídolo...

"Cuando era niño quería jugar como él y, claro, cuando empecé a competir contra él lo empecé a ver como un rival más. Lo admiraba, pero entraba a ganarle. Pero, sí, es una persona que ganó todo, que un día era 150 del mundo y poco después estaba número uno. Además, siempre andaba con buena onda y me identifico mucho con su forma de ser, porque, como yo, es súper acelerado, siempre muy preocupado de todos los detalles y vivía el tenis a fondo"

-Hay un episodio inolvidable: cuando Agassi se le acercó en el US Open para felicitarlo por su doble triunfo en los Juegos Olímpicos...

"Me acuerdo que esa vez muchos jugadores se me acercaron a felicitarme, en el vestuario, en el player lounge, en el restaurant, pero si me preguntas no me acuerdo de nadie en particular, sólo de Agassi, que se me acercó a hablarme y me felicitó. Tampoco lo conozco tanto, pero es una gran persona".

-También protagonizaron un gran partido en el US Open 2001 (ganó Agassi por 6-7, 6-4, 6-2 y 7-6)...

"Sí, ese mismo año habíamos jugado en Wimbledon y perdí fácil. Yo sentí que no podía hacer mucho contra él en pasto, entré muy nervioso, no sentía bien la tensión de la raqueta, jugué parado, era muy chico todavía y perdí 6-3, 6-1 y 6-1... Pero dos meses después me lo encontré en el US Open y ya me había sacado el nerviosismo, aunque estábamos en la cancha más grande del mundo, y yo sabía que en cemento podía jugar más de fondo y le hice un partidazo. No voy a decir que estuve a punto de ganarle, pero estuve muy cerca de haberlo llevado al menos al quinto set".

-¿Fue testigo de su despedida, en el último US Open?

"Sí, yo estaba ahí y me acuerdo perfectamente de todo. Estaba en la sala de masajes con (Rafael) Nadal y me parece que también estaba Fernando. Él estaba jugando contra Benjamin Becker y todos estábamos hinchando para ganara Agassi. Queríamos que, por último, perdiera en el siguiente partido con (Andy) Roddick. Nos dábamos cuenta de que no se podía mover por los dolores en la espalda, que las pelotas que le pasaban a un metro no las corría, pero igual esperábamos que ganara. Bueno, finalmente perdió y en ese momento se hizo un silencio. De repente empiezo a sentir aplausos muy cerca y fuimos corriendo con Nadal al camarín... Cuando él entra todos los jugadores se pusieron a aplaudirlo de pie y él comenzó a llorar. De repente se para y nos dice algo así como que no hay nada mejor que el aplauso de tus compañeros. Varios jugadores se pusieron a llorar también. Miré a Nadal y estaba llorando... Yo estaba quebrado entero pero parece que no lloré, aunque a lo mejor se me cayeron un par de lagrimones, puede ser. Me acuerdo que cuando lo llaman a la conferencia, no se podía ni mover del dolor en la espalda. Se había enfriado y empezó a caminar por el camarín, pero cojeando mal... Ahí nos terminamos de dar cuenta de lo grande que era, porque estaba hecho mierda, pero nunca llamó al trainer ni paró el partido. Por esas cosas es más recordado que otros, como (Pete) Sampras, que ganaron más que él, porque yo nunca he visto a tenistas llorando por otro jugador, como en esa ocasión".

I almost cried too Nico :o :crying2:

NicoFan
03-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Great article - thanks for posting! :hug: I was crying when Andre lost to Benjamin Becker - I watched part of the match and cried when he walked out on the court becaue I had a feeling he would lose so didn't want to stay and watch that so only watched a set and then went over to Armstrong - but we knew when he lost even in Armstrong, and everyone stopped and clapped and people were crying. I'll never forget it.

Translation:

"Always walked with good wave"

The Olympic champion recalls his experiences with the mythical American. "I never saw tennis players to cry for a colleague, as when he withdrew last year", account the viñamarino.

By family problems more than by his last results, Nicolas Massú does not live very happy days. But the griefs and worries disappear quickly when him he is named to a personage that has always been in a noticeable place in his thoughts: Andre Agassi.

"It seems incredible to me that Agassi come to Chile. It is not the same thing that come being withdrawn, but equal is important that the people have the possibility of seeing him, because he is a large one, an idol. And, otherwise, himself did not it withdraw does so much and faces to another large one as Chino Rios. It is an ideal match to see, because Rios was also number one of the world and beat him to Agassi, so is a match that has a lot of history".

-Agassi was his idol...

"When I was a boy wanted to play as he and, clear, when I began to compete against him I began him to see like a rival one more. I admired him, but I entered to beat him. But, yes, he is a person that won all, that a day was 150 of the world and shortly after was number one. Besides, always it walked with good wave and I identify me a lot with his form to be, because, like I, is super rapid, always very worried of all the details and the tennis lived in depth"

-There is an unforgettable episode: when Agassi approached him themselves in the US Open for to congratulate you for the double triumph in the Olympic Games...

"Agreement that that time many players approached me to congratulate me, in the wardrobe, in the player lounge, in the restaurant, but if you ask me me agreement of nobody particularly, only of Agassi, that approached himself me to speak me and he congratulated me. I know do know him so much, but he is a great person".

-Also they starred in a great match in the US Open for 2001 (gained Agassi for 6-7, 6-4, 6-2 and 7-6)..

"Yes, that same year we had played in Wimbledon and I lost easy. I felt that could not do a lot against him on grass, I entered very nervous, did not feel well the tension of the racquet, I played stopped, was very boy still and I lost 6-3, 6-1 and 6-1.. But two months later I found him me in the US Open for and already the agitation had removed me, although we were in the largest court of the world, and I knew that on hardcourt could play more than fund and I did him a partidazo. I am not going to say that I was ready to beat him, but I was very near to have carried al less al fifth set".

-¿It was a witness of its farewell, in the last US Open?

"Yes, I was there and me agreement perfectly of all. Was in the room of massages with (Rafael) Nadal and seems me that also was Fernando. He was playing against Benjamin Becker and all we were swelling for he beat Agassi. We wanted that, finally, to lose in the following match with (Andy) Roddick. We realized that itself could not move for the pains in the back, that the balls that passed to a meter did not run them, but equal we expected that he would win. Good, finally it lost and just then a silence was done. Suddenly I begin to feel applauses very fence and we were running with Nadal al side room... When he enters all the players they began to applaud it standing and he began to cry. Suddenly itself for and something he says us thus since not to have swum better than the applause of your companions. Various players began to cry also. I looked at to Nadal and was crying... I was broken entire but seems that I did not cry, although maybe they fell itself me a pair of lagrimones, can be. Me agreement that when they call it to the conference, itself did not be able neither to move from the pain in the back. He had been chilled and began to walk for the side room, but limping badly... There we finish us to realize the large thing that was, because was done crap, but never called al trainer neither stopped the match. By those things more is recalled that other, as Sampras, that gained more than he, because I never have seen tennis players crying for another player, as on that occasion".

kidnicky
03-27-2007, 05:47 PM
great great article No1Rios :yeah:

I almost cried again and I also cried a loooot during that last match, like Nico said when Andre lost the last point I couldn't say a single word it was like beign in a bad dream :sobbing:

I love when Nico share these stories ... things that mortals like us would never know :p .. thanks Nico :hug:

p.s. damn I hope that his grandfather will get better soon :sad:

Brahna
03-27-2007, 07:19 PM
great great article No1Rios :yeah:I almost cried again and I also cried a loooot during that last match, like Nico said when Andre lost the last point I couldn't say a single word it was like beign in a bad dream :sobbing:I love when Nico share these stories ... things that mortals like us would never know :p .. thanks Nico :hug:p.s. damn I hope that his grandfather will get better soon :sad:

Yes, thanks No1Rios, Andre Agassi said a lot of sweet things about Nico and now, Nico is doing the same! They are so nice!:hug:
I remember that day too, I cried and cried so much! :bigcry:
That was a great standing ovation from the crowd and from the players! Hats off to Andre Agassi!:hatoff: We miss you!:crying2:

I hope that Nico's abuelo is ok as well!:sad:

Alx
03-27-2007, 08:03 PM
very nice words of Nico about Andre :D

I hope Nico's grandfather will be fine soon :hug:

Sparko1030
03-28-2007, 02:59 AM
:tears: :awww: Such a nice story from Nico. Thanks Rios and Nicofan :)

prayers for Nico's grandfather.

LOVELY
03-28-2007, 06:44 PM
I hope Nico's grandfather will be better soon :awww: :hug:

Juliet
03-29-2007, 03:03 AM
"...Yo estaba quebrado entero pero parece que no lloré, aunque a lo mejor se me cayeron un par de lagrimones, puede ser..."

Ok, Nico, admit it, you cried like a baby... :rolls:

:hug:

ChinoRios4Ever
04-09-2007, 02:57 AM
too bad news :bigcry:

http://www.cooperativa.cl/p4_noticias/antialone.html?page=http://www.cooperativa.cl/p4_noticias/site/artic/20070408/pags/20070408212010.html

Está en duda la presencia de Nicolás Massú en Montecarlo

La lesión muscular que afectó al tenista chileno en la exhibición de River Oaks podría impedirle jugar las clasificaciones del tercer Masters Series de la temporada.

Los triunfos y el buen rendimiento que mostró Nicolás Massú (55° de la ATP) en el torneo River Oaks, en Houston, se borraron de un plumazo tras la lesión muscular que sufrió en la final del certamen estadounidense frente al ruso Dmitry Tursunov (24°), ya que quedó en duda par disputar la qualy de Montecarlo.

El chileno debió abandonar cuando se imponía por 6-2 y 0-1 ante Tursunov, aunque arrastrando un gran desgaste físico por el duelo de semifinales que jugó en la mañana de este domingo ante el rumano Víctor Hanescu (622°).

"Es un poco de mala suerte porque ayer (sábado) se suspendió la semifinal por lluvia y en la mañana jugué con Hanescu, en un partido de más de tres horas que gané con 7-5 en el tercer set y me dieron dos horas de descanso. Entré a jugar con Tursunov y estaba muy bien. Gané la primera manga por 6-2 y en el segundo juego del siguiente se me tira una corta, corro y me da un tirón en la parte de atrás de la pierna", relató Massú en diálogo con Al Aire Libre en Cooperativa.

"Por más que fuera una exhibición no quise arriesgar más. Paré en el momento y ahora tengo que esperar para ver qué pasa", añadió.

Massú comentó que decidió jugar este torneo para "cargar pilas" y comenzar de buena forma la temporada de arcilla en Europa, pero esta lesión trocaría ese deseo.

"Tomé esta decisión de jugar aquí solo, sin entrenador (el argentino Gabriel Markus), y buscar reencantarme con el tenis. Estaba probando una nueva raqueta y le estaba ganando a un 20 del mundo, en un partido que sentía que ganaba. Estoy triste porque quería ganar y porque me podría perder Montecarlo, que es lo peor que me podría pasar", comentó.

Massú permanecerá hasta este martes y miércoles en Houston, ya que en esa ciudad se jugará un torneo ATP y contará con el cuidado médico que requiere.

Ahí decidirá, a la luz de los exámenes y la revisión médica, si viaja a las clasificaciones del Masters Series de Montecarlo o regresa a Chile, aunque Massú mantiene la esperanza en que la dolencia muscular sea algo menor.
"Jugué en un gran nivel (en Houston), pero estas cosas uno no las maneja. Ojalá nos sea mucho y pueda jugar en Montecarlo. Nunca me había pasado que ganaba por 6-2 y me tuviera que retirar", remató. (Cooperativa.cl)

kidnicky
04-09-2007, 03:06 AM
I'm in denyal, this can't happen again so after the freaking tests we're going to know that this isn't that serious and that he's going to be okay :o

Nico :hug: :hug:

Fergie
04-24-2007, 05:21 PM
Massú: "Más que espectacular, jugué sólido"

CASABLANCA.- El tenista chileno Nicolás Massú (52°) destacó los pocos errores que comentió en su victoria de hoy ante el argentino Sergio Roitman (79°), a quien derrotó por 6-2 y 6-3. Con esto, el viñamarino avanzó a los octavos de final del abierto de Casablanca (Marruecos, 391 mil dólares, arcilla).

En esa ronda se encontrará con el español Albert Montañés (77°), a quien ha derrotado en las cuatro ocasiones en que se han enfrentado. "Es bueno jugar con alguien con el que ya probé que mi estrategia da resultado, eso siento cuando lo enfrento. Lo gané hace un par de semanas en River Oax (Houston), en una exhibición y también le gané en las semifinales de Viña del Mar. Es una buena estadística, espero que se dn los resultados de siempre", recordó un optimista Massú.

El chileno espera volver a jugar el jueves, pero desea que su partido se agende en la cancha central. "Está un poco resbalosa la cancha, la pista central siempre está más bonita, mientras que las secundarias están más secas y más resbalosas, además que por un asunto de motivación me gusta jugar en las canchas más importantes, así que espero que me toque ahí el jueves", manifestó.

Massú señaló que sus buenos recuerdos lo han traído de vuelta al abierto marroquí. "El año pasado hice final, hace años llegué a cuartos y perdí un partido increíble con Younnes (El Aynaoui), entonces uno vuelve porque siempre es importante jugar en lugares donde te va bien".

Pese a ello, el chileno dijo que para la próxima temporada espera tener un "mejor ranking y ojalá poder quedar sembrado para Barcelona, que también es un torneo importante", manifestó.

kidnicky
04-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Thanks for posting the article Fergie :yeah:

no no, I don't want him in Barcelona, stay in Casablanca :lol:

+alonso
04-25-2007, 02:08 AM
:D Yes, stay in Casablanca! You do well there! :D

kidnicky
05-04-2007, 02:50 AM
an article from cooperativa, sorry in spanish :p ... I'm better to know that he is thinking positive and that he's ready to play the quallies in Rome :yeah: and like he said, we know that this could be better for him because between more matches he plays, better results he gets ;)

Aunque quedó fuera del certamen alemán, el viñamarino mantuvo la ilusión de retomar la senda del triunfo y recuperar puestos en el ranking de la ATP.

Pese a la eliminación en los octavos de final del torneo de Munich, el chileno Nicolás Massú derrochó confianza y espera que el nivel mostrado en Alemania le sirvan para recuperar el vuelo en el circuito de la ATP.

"Estoy tranquilo, estoy jugando mejor, perdí con buenos jugadores y mientras pierda con buenos jugadores y siga subiendo mi nivel, se va ir equiparando y en un par de semanas, a estos jugadores les voy a empezar a ganar", dijo el viñamarino en conversación con Al Aire Libre en Cooperativa.

Massú comentó parte de la derrota que sufrió este jueves a manos del checo Tomas Berdych. "El partido de hoy fue muy parejo en el primer set hasta quedar 6-5, e incluso tuve mis oportunidades, pero me estuvo muy bien él y me terminó quebrando para ganar 7-5", dijo desde tierras germanas.

"Ahí agarró confianza, viene jugando bastante bien y lo demostró en la cancha. Creo que no hice un mal partido, pero me tocó jugar con un rival difícil. Además la cancha estaba rápida, entonces se complicó, pero creo que jugué mejor esta semana que las dos anteriores, superé casi todos los problemas físicos, tengo un pequeño dolor, pero estoy más tranquilo", agregó el doble campeón olímpico.

En relación a la opción de jugar las clasificaciones del próximo Masters Series de Roma, Massú mantuvo su tranquilidad.

"Es lo que hay no más. Esto es así. Muchos jugadores de los que han estado arriba han jugado clasificaciones y de hecho, Cañas jugó en Roma y así, otros", dijo Massú, quien sólo se salvará de jugar la fase previa si se retiran al menos siete jugadores del cuadro principal.

"Es especial porque hace cinco años que no juego una qualy, pero uno tiene que vivir los momentos que tiene que vivir. No es grave y no tengo porque bajonearme, tengo que entrar con más fuerza que nunca y es lo que tengo que afrontar en este momento", explicó.

De hecho el chileno le vio el lado positivo a la opción de jugar en las clasificaciones. "No me molesta, pero voy con las mismas ganas y si la paso es mejor, porque llegó con dos partidos ganados y me acostumbró a la cancha", señaló. (Cooperativa.cl)

NicoFan
05-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Gracias for the article Kid! :hug:

Glad that he's still positive. :yeah:

Fight Nico fight fight fight! :fiery:

kidnicky
05-04-2007, 01:11 PM
De nada ;)

and yes I'm glad that he is not down after Munich ... I'm always affraid that he could say "to the hell with this!" but aparently that would be me :lol:

kidnicky
05-09-2007, 03:14 AM
article from cooperativa with an interview with Nico after today's match, this couldn't be any cuter :lol: Nico says "I'm fighting to pass a difficult situation for me and I think that I desearve this" :sobbing: of course that you desearve more than this sweetie :hug: ... he also says that he's been working really hard, even more than when he was between the top players, anyway here it's the article and there's also an audio, Nico sounds very confident, positive and really happy :yeah: :kiss:

Tras derrotar al italiano Simone Bolelli en el primer Masters Series de Roma, el viñamarino aseguró que ha trabajado duro para salir de la complicada situación que vive en el circuito ATP.

Luego de lograr el tercer triunfo consecutivo en la arcilla del Masters Series de Roma, el tenista chileno Nicolás Massú (59° de la ATP) aseguró que se merece salir del mal momento por el que atraviesa, pues se esfuerza semana a semana para ganar partidos como el que de este martes, ante el italiano Simone Bolelli (76º).

"Estoy luchando para superar una situación difícil y creo que me lo merezco de que me vaya bien", aseguró el nacional después de derrotar por 6-3 y 7-6 (5) al jugador peninsular.

"Yo creo que el triunfo me lo merezco, he trabajado más fuerte que nunca, incluso más que cuando estaba en una posición mejor en la ATP", agregó el doble campeón olímpico.

"Creo que este es el camino que debo seguir. Estoy muy contento y he trabajado duro para empezar a ganar, y hoy lo hice ante un adversario que jugó muy bien", añadió en relación al duelo ante el italiano.

Según Massú, el buen tenis mostrado lo ayudó a ganar el duelo ante Bolelli. "Esto se reflejó en la cancha, ya que hace mucho tiempo que no me estaba moviendo con tanta rapidez, en que había perdido incluso un poco de explosión", agregó.

En relación al duelo de este miércoles ante el estadounidense James Blake (9º), el chileno aseguró que una victoria le servirá para la confianza que necesita.

"Es uno de los mejores jugadores del mundo, y si le gano será el mejor triunfo de los últimos tiempos, así que debo estar tranquilo porque mi nivel ha ido subiendo", señaló.

Massú logró acceder al cuadro principal de Roma al vencer al colombiano Alejandro Falla (114º) y al croata Ivo Karlovic (89°).

Sparko1030
05-09-2007, 03:30 AM
:wavey: thanks for the article and a summary of what Nico said Kid. Yes, he does deserve this success. :yeah:

LOVELY
05-09-2007, 04:20 PM

Fergie
05-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Nico :lol:

Massú: "Ojalá que Ríos sea capitán de Copa Davis"

Realizando un balance de lo que ha sido su año tenístico se mostró el tenista nacional Nicolás Massú, en una entrevista que concedió a la agencia de noticias DPA.

En la ocasión, el jugador chileno también se refirió al actual momento del tenis nacional, en el que no ve un futuro muy auspicioso.

En ese sentido, expresó que debería haber mayor apoyo de ex tenistas para los jóvenes valores, para así sacar más provecho al potencial en desarrollo.

"Quizás los otros jugadores están un poco más atrasados, pues no han tenido los resultados que tuvimos nosotros (junto a Fernando González) o el "Chino" Ríos. Pero hay que ayudarlos, creo que al tenis chileno no se le ha sacado todo el provecho que se le podría haber sacado", especificó.

"Los ex jugadores... Eso es lo malo en Chile, los que fueron algo o alguien no se dedican a ser entrenadores porque no les interesa. Y eso es importante, porque en Chile hay entrenadores pero no tienen la experiencia de haber jugado como nosotros".

En ese sentido, se refirió a Gabriel Silberstein, Sergio Cortés, Hans Gildemeister, Pato Cornejo, Jaime Fillol, quines no han trabajado de manera muy activa.

"Todos se relacionan con el tenis, pero no viajan. No digo que esté mal, porque quizás yo el día de mañana haga lo mismo por estar saturado de viajar", dijo.

Asimismo se refirió a la capitanía de Copa Davis, especificando que le gustaría ser dirigido por Marcelo Ríos, a pesar que se siente muy cómodo con Hans Gildemeister.

"Creo que el Chino terminó un poco cansado del tenis, quizás ahora podría estar para capitán de Copa Davis, a futuro, cuando Hans (Gildemeister) termine lo suyo".

"Tenemos un capitán con el que estoy muy contento que es Hans. Ojalá que siga él, hacía tiempo que no me sentía tan cómodo con un capitán de Copa Davis. Pero ojalá antes de que yo y Fernando nos retiremos esté Marcelo como capitán, sería bonito. El Chino merece también que el tenis le dé algo, porque él le dio mucho al tenis", sentenció

Otras frases

"Todo es relativo, la gente es muy exitista en mi país siempre, y lo entiendo, porque he estado mucho más arriba. La gente piensa que estoy mal, pero estoy 30, hay sólo 29 tipos mejores que yo. ¡No es tan malo! No es lo que yo espero, ni lo que quiero. No estoy conforme, claro que no".

"Hoy veo mi ranking 49 y me enojo conmigo mismo, quiero comerme el ranking y llegar lo más lejos posible arriba. Pero a veces no se puede, surgen jugadores más jóvenes, más fuertes.

"Me falta ser un poco más regular, he perdido partidos con jugadores que fueron mejores. En Roma perdí un partido que tenía ganado, la semana pasada con Safin había ganado el primer set, y esos son los puntos que vas sumando y te ponen más arriba".

kidnicky
05-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the article Fergie :hug: ... Nico :hug: :lol: ... Marcelo as captain of the DC team, I'm not sure If I'm ready to see that :rolls:

Fergie
05-24-2007, 06:19 PM

"Fue sin duda un día muy malo"

"No jugué demasiado bien y perdí demasiadas oportunidades", analizó el chileno Nicolás Massú, luego de su caída ante el argentino Acasuso

DUSSELDORF -- El chileno Nicolás Massu admitió el jueves que la fortuna y el buen juego no estuvieron de su parte en el duelo contra Argentina, en la Copa del Mundo por equipos que se disputa en Dusseldorf.

Hoy (jueves) no jugué demasiado bien y perdí demasiadas oportunidades", razonó el chileno que cedió el encuentro clave del día contra el argentino José Acasuso, por 6-3 y 6-4.

"Fue sin duda un día muy malo, con demasiados errores, eso es lo que creo, que no jugué mi mejor tenis", comentó Massu.

El chileno negó que el hecho de enfrentarse contra Argentina, un rival histórico, hubiera sido clave. "Estoy acostumbrado a jugar contra todos en todo el mundo, incluso con presión, pero no me sentí demasiado bien", dijo.

"Tengo un pequeño dolor en la nuca desde ayer miércoles en el partido de dobles y lo he notado. Pero no quiero mirar atrás, sino ser positivo", puntualizó Massu.

"Hoy me sentí algo mejor que ayer pero cometí muchos errores con mi derecha y la verdad, no sé por qué. No obstante, he intentado lo mejor. Pero hoy mi ritmo fue diferente si lo comparamos con ayer", analizó Massu.

kidnicky
05-24-2007, 06:34 PM
thanks again Fergie :yeah: ... a pain in his neck :rolleyes: thanks for that Dusseldorf :ras: :lol:

NicoFan
05-24-2007, 07:16 PM
Poor Nico.. :hug: I hope he feels better in time for RG.

LOVELY
05-24-2007, 07:56 PM
I'll aks him about that pain in the neck in RG...;)
Poor Nico:hug:

ChinoRios4Ever
05-25-2007, 02:06 AM
Nico never said that... the stupid DPA said that... :o

get well for RG Nico :boxing:

Fergie
05-30-2007, 12:05 AM
Massú: "No quiero ser la persona que juega bien, pero pierde"

PARÍS.- Nicolás Massú (49° ATP) fue el único chileno que se clasificó a la segunda ronda de Roland Garros, al derrotar en un largo y reñido partido de cinco mangas a un jugador que conoce bien, el peruano Luis Horna (82°), por 6-4, 7-5, 3-6, 6-7(1) y 6-2.

"He venido a ganar. No quiero ser la persona que juega bien, pero pierde", decía el chileno, animado tras la dura victoria, lograda tras cuatro horas y media de partido.

"Estoy preparado para jugar Roland Garros, vengo entrenando fuerte", agregó el chileno, a quien le espera en la próxima instancia el ruso Igor Andreev (125°), verdugo del tercer favorito del torneo, el estadounidense Andy Roddick (3°) en 3-6, 6-4, 6-3 y 6-4.

Horna "salió en todo momento a ganar el partido pero yo seguí luchando, sin desmoralizarme, y en momentos del partido jugué muy bien. Lo importante es que gané", analizó el único chileno que logró pasar de ronda, ya que Paul Capdeville y Fernando González se despidieron de París.

"'Lucho' y yo nos conocemos desde que teníamos doce años. El me conoce muy bien, como yo a él. Por eso a veces nuestros partidos son así, porque él me juega donde me molesta y yo le juego donde le molesta a él", añadió. "Le gané a un jugador al que le había ganado cinco veces pero que me ganó la última", agregó.

Por su parte, el peruano aceptaba resignado la derrota. "No fue un buen día, no merecía nada. Hay días en que uno no hace las cosas como debe. Me distraía fácilmente y eso hizo que no pudiera alcanzar el nivel con que empecé", reconocía.

"Era un partido duro, venía bien preparado y me hice tantas ilusiones que estuve muy nervioso". Tanto que se encaró con el árbitro que le penalizó por tirar dos veces su raqueta: "estoy totalmente seguro de que cometió un error, fue totalmente injustificado y el árbitro general me dio la razón después".

kidnicky
05-30-2007, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the article Fergie :hug: ... I hope he keeps thinking like this for tomorrow against Andreev :scared: :yeah:

kidnicky
06-02-2007, 04:29 AM
a really nice article from Rodrigo Hernandez from cooperativa .. I almost cried again :awww:

C'est fini!

Nicolás Massú dejó todo en la cancha pero no le alcanzó para seguir con vida en París y fue superado por Igor Andreev sin lograr repetir la tercera vuelta del año pasado. En 2008 regresará con 28 años, pero aún con margen para hacer algo importante en su torneo favorito.

Por Rodrigo Hernández desde París

De no haber sido por los octavos de final del US Open de 2005 Nicolás Massú jamás habría pasado de la tercera ronda en un torneo de Grand Slam en un antirécord que no deja de extrañar para un ex número nueve del mundo y doble campeón olímpico.

En siete participaciones en Roland Garros, el viñamarino registra siete triunfos y siete derrotas, con un rendimiento del 50 por ciento y dos terceras rondas –en 2004 y 2006– como mejores actuaciones. Habrá quienes digan que es poco para un jugador netamente arcillero (cinco de sus seis títulos fueron en polvo de ladrillo), otros que es una marca esperable para un jugador de sus características.

En mi opinión, siempre habrá una chance para que Massú alcance la segunda semana en Roland Garros. Descontando a Nadal, Federer, Davydenko, Djokovic y, quizá, Robredo el número dos de Chile está hoy en condiciones de jugar mano a mano con el resto. Ante Andreev lo hizo, enfrentó al rival más duro fuera de la lista de los cabezas de serie y estuvo a una pelota de ir al quinto set. Perdió luchando, con un nivel de juego aceptable, pero inferior al rendimiento superlativo que tuvo en la tarde del jueves cuando le ganó el segundo capítulo por 6-3 antes de la suspensión por falta de luz.

Después del promisorio inicio del día anterior necesitaba seguir jugando igual: metido en la cancha, pegando suelto el revés y colocando la mayor cantidad posible de primeros servicios. Pero cumplió la tarea a medias porque si bien jugó agresivo con el drive, su revés no estuvo a la altura de la jornada anterior y con el saque no marcó diferencias. Andreev, en cambio, mantuvo el nivel (ojo que se mete en cuartos) y le terminó ganando el partido por 6-3, 3-6, 6-3 y 7-5.

Para haber quedado afuera de los cabezas de serie el cuadro de Massú no era del todo desfavorable. Tenía una difícil segunda ronda con Andreev, pero partidos abordables ante Mathieu y Baghdatis posteriormente. Es decir, no se le cruzaban ninguno de los top quince citados con anterioridad.

A pocas horas de viajar a Chile donde descansará por un par de semanas, al doble campeón olímpico le queda el consuelo de estar jugando mucho mejor que a comienzos de año. A Wimbledon, como de costumbre, irá con expectativas moderadas. Disputará una exhibición la semana anterior y luego enfilará directo al tercer Grand Slam de la temporada.

En la gira posterior al abierto de Inglaterra están jugadas sus fichas. Una secuencia de torneos de arcilla en Europa donde históricamente obtuvo sus mejores resultados: Bastad, Amersfoort, Kitzbuhel y Sopot. Incluso podría quedarse después a un challenger en Italia porque se está quedando afuera del Masters Series de Montreal y no tiene ánimo de jugar la qualy.

En el último tiempo Massú se ha puesto más reflexivo y le ha comentado a sus amigos que próximo a cumplir 28 años le gustaría volver por sus fueros. Quiere vivir una última etapa de su carrera (se ve jugando cuatro o cinco años más) con la misma fuerza emocional que caracterizó sus mejores temporadas. Siente que ya no grita como antes, que su temple ha decaído, que aún jugando bien está fallando en la pelota decisiva. Su misión, y en eso está empeñado, es superar los detalles que le están impidiendo recuperar su antiguo estatus.

Se despidió Massú en segunda ronda de París, pero no lo enterremos, por favor. Tiene un físico privilegiado y le quedan, al menos, cuatro temporadas en el circuito mayor, un logro que cientos de tenistas quisieran para sí. Hasta ahora hizo una carrera extraordinaria y nadie tiene una bola de cristal para saber si vendrán tiempos mejores. Si llegan, bienvenidos, si no, nadie se lo debiera reprochar.

Nico :kiss: :hug:

LOVELY
06-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Nico :smooch: :hug:

Fergie
06-02-2007, 12:54 PM

Nicolás Massú: "Hay días en los que no tienes suerte"

Decepcionado por la derrota de hoy se mostró el tenista nacional Nicolás Massú, luego de quedar eliminado de Roland Garros tras caer ante el ruso Igor Andreev.

El chileno aseguró tras el partido que sacó un saldo positivo del torneo, a pesar de caer en segunda ronda, pues logró volver a jugar a un nivel alto.

"No jugué mal, aunque tampoco estuve extraordinario, pero mi rival fue mejor en los momentos importantes. Estoy triste como todos los que pierden, pero sé que ahora hay que seguir trabajando y que estoy tranquilo porque siempre que voy a un torneo doy lo máximo", señaló el viñamarino.

Asimismo, destacó el buen juego de su oponent, a quien incluso señala como uno de los jugadores que tiene uno de los mejores derechos del circuito.

"Creo que perdí porque el otro fue mejor, pero no porque yo jugara mal. Creo que de derecha tiene la bola más pesada del circuito", prosiguió.

Por último, Massú se mostró decepcionado por no haber aprovechado, en la cuarta manga, las tres bolas que tuvo de adjudicarse el parcial y haber forzado una quinta.

"Dos de ellas las jugué bien, se me fueron por muy poco, pero hay días en los que no tienes suerte", sentenció.

NicoFan
06-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the articles! :hug:

Nice article by Rodrigo - he's always really nice and kind to Nico. :yeah:

And Nico... :hug: What a sweetie.

Though I don't agree with going to a challenger in Italy - it's on clay.

If he doesn't want to play qualifying, then play the Bronx challenger. It's hardcourts. How does he expect to do well at the US Open or even New Haven where he has a bunch of points to defend if he comes in with no hardcourt play???? A really strange decision.

EDIT: And he shouldn't even be playing Sopot. Get over to DC. I know he doesn't like it there, but again, it will be hardcourt season. The best Slam of the year for him is always the US Open. And this isn't the way to prepare for it. :shrug:

kidnicky
06-02-2007, 04:49 PM
I just remembered something, NicoFan you've to help me, but I think that No1Rios said to us at the beginning of the year that Nico already defended his points from NH for being one of his best tournaments and all that crap that I always forget :lol: ... so probably is for that.

Although I have to say that he is really screwing me over in not going to Canada :sad:

Nico :hug: ... I love you but you don't make my life easy at all :silly:

NicoFan
06-02-2007, 05:02 PM
You are right - No1Rios did say that. Hmmm...now I don't know.

Either way though - he needs to get that gradable ass of his on to hardcourts - he doesn't want to be like the Americans who hate clay so don't play it - look what happened to them at RG this year. :eek: :sad:

kidnicky
06-02-2007, 05:18 PM
he probably will go to Cincy, he hates Cincy a little bit less than Canada :haha:

and thanks for confirming the info ... I'm getting good in remembering those stupid ranking things :lol:

ChinoRios4Ever
06-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Nico still with a chance to enter Montreal and Cincy... but needs to do well in... WIMBLEDON!!!!! :help: :lol:

i dont know what happens if Nico dont play Montreal and Cincy... if the ATP will count him a ZERO points for those tournaments or they will add the points of the 19th and the 20th tournaments... ask Judio for that...

kidnicky
06-02-2007, 06:05 PM
if you don't know it No1Rios, of course we also won't know it :lol:

Nico doing well on Wimbledon :rolleyes:

LOVELY
06-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Martes 12 de junio de 2007

NICOLÁS MASSÚ:
"Tengo que cortarla con compararme con el de antes"

Juan Pablo Salas V.

Nicolás Massú jugará una exhibición antes de Wimbledon.
Foto:AP

Próximo a iniciar el segundo semestre, el bicampeón olímpico dice que lo más difícil es aceptar su realidad actual y tratar de mirar positivamente al futuro.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juan Pablo Salas V.

La queja de Nicolás Massú es la misma que la de los 5,5 millones de víctimas del tiempo santiaguino: "¡Se pasó el frío! Hoy (ayer) en la mañana no podíamos entrenar con Paul (Capdeville). No sentíamos las manos de lo heladas que las teníamos".

Pero le queda poco sufrimiento al bicampeón olímpico, porque el viernes se va a Inglaterra para iniciar su preparación para Wimbledon. "Voy con las mismas expectativas de siempre: tratar de hacer lo que mejor pueda. Pongo todas mis fichas a la temporada sobre arcilla que termina con Roland Garros, juego muchas semanas seguidas y por eso después no puedo ir a Queen's o Halle. Así que a Wimbledon llego lo mejor preparado dentro de mis posibilidades. Lo demás depende del cuadro", asegura el dos criollo.

-¿En qué quedó la evaluación que iban a hacer con Gabriel Markus?

"Ni siquiera hemos tenido una reunión para ver si seguimos o no. Si alguno estuviera incómodo, no habríamos seguido trabajando juntos, pero vamos a seguir por lo menos hasta fin de año. Estoy contento con él".

-La última gira le tiene que haber dejado un sabor agridulce, porque los resultados no fueron malos, pero tampoco buenos...

"Yo pensaba que en Roma o en Roland Garros me podía ir mejor. Pero no me culpo por no haber jugado bien, porque mostré un buen nivel. Lo que me faltó fue haber jugado bien en los momentos importantes, porque perdí partidos que tuve ganados. Me ha costado lograr algo importante, pero lo estoy buscando. Estoy con ganas, entrenando duro".

-Lo más difícil deber ser aceptar ser el 50 del mundo después de haber sido "top ten"...

"Me pasa mucho que comparo mi momento actual con el de hace unos años. Es en lo que más pienso, de hecho, y lo conversamos mucho con 'Gabi' (Markus), que trata de cambiarme eso. Pero a veces, durante los partidos o en medio de los propios torneos, me pongo a pensar en todo lo que logré con menos experiencia y no entiendo por qué no puedo hacerlo ahora, que me siento jugando bien, que estoy bien físicamente. Pero tengo que cortarla con eso de compararme con el de antes y debo aprender a vivir el momento, porque a lo mejor mañana puedo volver a estar arriba".

Nico :smooch: :hug:

kidnicky
06-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Merci for the article Lovely :hug:

oooh so good to know something from Nico :awww: and I'm even more happy for what he said about his relation with Gaby :hug:

Nico, my best wishes for the cows season :kiss: .... and another :hug: for Gaby

NicoFan
06-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Oh when he talks like this, I just want to give him a big :hug:. I don't understand why he doesn't seem to be able to win anymore either - he works so hard.

Nico... :hug: :kiss: :smooch:

And yeay that he is staying with Gaby!!! :woohoo:

Next to initiate the second semester, the Olympic two-time champion says that it more difficult is to accept its current reality and to try to look at positively al future.

The complaint of Nicolas Massú is the same one that that of the 5,5 million victims of the time of Santiago: "¡The cold was passed! Today (yesterday) in the morning we could not coach with Paul (Capdeville). We did not feel the hands of it frosts that we had them".

But it remains little suffering al Olympic two-time champion, because Friday goes to England to initiate its preparation for Wimbledon. "I go with the same same old expectations: to try to do what better be able. I put all my you put on file to the season on clay that finishes with Roland Garros, play many weeks in a row and therefore later I cannot go to Queen' s or Find. So to Wimbledon I arrive the best prepared inside my possibilities. Him others depends on the picture", assures the two native.

-¿In what did he remain the evaluation that were going to do with Gabriel Markus?

"Not even we have had a meeting to see if we continue or not. If some was uncomfortable, we would not have followed working together, but we are going to continue at least to end of year. I am happy with him".

-The last tour has to have him left a bittersweet flavor, because the results were not evils, but neither good...

"I thought that in Rome or in Roland Garros could go me better. But myself do not I blame for not to have played well, because I showed a good level. What lacked was me to have played well in the important moments, because I lost parties that had cattle. Me there is side to achieve somewhat important, but I am seeking it. I am with desires, coaching hard".

-It more difficult should be to accept to be the 50 of the world after to have been "top have"...

"It passes me a lot that I compare my current moment with that of some years ago. He is in which more I think, in fact, and we converse it a lot with 'Gabi' (Markus), that tries to change me that. But at times, during the matches or in the middle of the own tournaments, I begin to think in everything that I achieved with less experience and I do not understand why I cannot do it now, that I feel playing well, that I am well physically. But I have to cut it with that to compare me with that of before and I should learn to live the moment, because maybe tomorrow I can be again up".

kidnicky
06-13-2007, 02:19 AM
yes, yeay about Gaby :woohoo: I was so worried for that "talk" that they would have after RG so it's great to finally know something about it, and even better being good news :yeah:

I know NicoFan, I also would like to hug him when he talks like this ... our poor Nico works so hard ... life isn't fair with him :o

Nico :kiss:

p.s. NicoFan I already miss you a lot during the day .... only Fergie makes me company ... we're abandoned :lol:

Sparko1030
06-13-2007, 04:31 AM
:yippee: Great news about Gaby staying!!! Although he says at least to the end of the year so I suppose we will be worrying again in 6 months....
:hug: from here for Nico too-he has been playing decent, just not those important moments like he says. :awww:

(:secret: I miss Nicofan too already Kid :lol:)

kidnicky
06-13-2007, 01:14 PM
don't worry Sparko, I hope that before those 6 months I'd be able to see Gaby and remind to him about our petition to stay forever :lol:

kidnicky
07-07-2007, 06:39 PM
article from cooperativa, there's also an audio in case you'd like to hear Nico :p

http://www.cooperativa.cl/p4_noticias/antialone.html?page=http://www.cooperativa.cl/p4_noticias/site/artic/20070706/pags/20070706162142.html

In the audio he says that he still doesn't know what he'd do for the USA tour, that the thing that is for sure is that he'll play his best in these 4 upcoming tournaments on clay and after that he'll decide what to do, if entering to the 2dn list to Montreal :confused: or what is he going to do for Cincy.

One thing is for sure, he better doesn't go to Montreal for godness sake :sobbing:

El chileno enfrentará en las próximas cuatro semanas torneos en polvo de ladrillo con la esperanza de subir en el escalafón mundial y así enfrentar el US Open como cabeza de serie.

Tras su corto paso por Wimbledon, Nicolás Massú retornó a Chile y después de practicar nuevamente emprendió vuelo a Europa para comenzar la segunda parte de la temporada de arcilla, donde el chileno disputará cuatro torneos con la ilusión de mejorar su tenis y su actual ranking.

El chileno comenzará este lunes su participación en Bastad (Suecia) para luego seguir en Amersfoort (Holanda), Kitzbühel (Austria) y Sopot (Croacia).

"Vienen torneos donde siempre he jugado bien, donde siempre me he sentido cómodo. He ganado dos de los cuatro torneos que voy a jugar y siempre hice buenas presentaciones, entonces es bueno volver", dijo el viñamarino en diálogo con Al Aire Libre en Cooperativa.

"Tengo contemplado mejorar mi ranking, que es lo que me interesa, pero también me interesa jugar bien, porque así la mejora en el ranking llega sola", sentenció el campeón olímpico, quien defiende la final en Amersfoort y los cuartos de final en Bastad.

Massú confía en su tenis, aunque también cree que le ha faltado una pizca de fortuna en los cuadros. "Estoy jugando bien. En Wimbledon tuve una participación que me gustó, lógicamente me hubiese gustado ganar, pero estuve entrenando acá en Chile y me sentí bastante bien, aunque espero contar con suerte en las llaves", aseguró.

Además, el número dos de Chile explicó que llegará al US Open con una gran motivación puesto que se trata del Grand Slam que más le anima.

"Por más que la gente crea, a mí me gusta mucho más el US Open que Roland Garros. No es por la superficie, si no por todo. Me encanta estar en Nueva York y el torneo. Es un Grand Slam donde he llegado a tercera ronda, he jugado mi mejor tenis y quizás no he llegado más arriba por otras situaciones, pero siempre uno está con la motivación extra, por la gente, las canchas y siempre entró con muchas ganas", sentenció. (Cooperativa.cl)

LOVELY
07-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Sopot is not in Croacia :p It's in Poland ;) (there's a Sopot in Croatia too but the tournament takes place in the polish Sopot ;) )

NicoFan
07-07-2007, 07:10 PM
"Por más que la gente crea, a mí me gusta mucho más el US Open que Roland Garros. No es por la superficie, si no por todo. Me encanta estar en Nueva York y el torneo. Es un Grand Slam donde he llegado a tercera ronda, he jugado mi mejor tenis y quizás no he llegado más arriba por otras situaciones, pero siempre uno está con la motivación extra, por la gente, las canchas y siempre entró con muchas ganas."

I think that Nico read my post that I thought that he hates us here in the US because he's playing Sopot and might not play Montreal or Cincy and so he won't be ready for the US Open. :eek: :lol: :lol:

Nico... :hug: I'm so happy he does really love us. :yeah: :lol:

kidnicky
07-08-2007, 02:57 AM
he doesn't love you NicoFan, he loves the USO :haha: ... just kidding :p

NicoFan
07-08-2007, 12:32 PM
:ras:

I can read espanol better than you Kid. Nico said "por la gente"...that means us...and me too. ;) :angel: :lol:

:ras:

kidnicky
07-09-2007, 02:22 AM
nah it means for all the latins and chileans that live there and support him :rolls:

and you can't beat me reading spanish, is like saying that I could beat you reading english :angel: :haha:

ChinoRios4Ever
07-09-2007, 04:23 AM
la gente = the people

vamos Nico :D

NicoFan
07-09-2007, 10:41 AM
It doesn't mean just the latinos at the US Open - it means ALL the people - and he likes Miami too. :ras:

:lol:

kidnicky
07-09-2007, 02:11 PM
nah he doesn't like there, you've said it a million of times "Nico hates us" and I believe you :haha:

LOVELY
08-06-2007, 06:46 PM
Lunes 6 de agosto de 2007

TRAS SU POBRE ACTUACIÓN EN EUROPA:
Massu habría definido terminar con Markus :sad:

Héctor Opazo y Javier Ceppi

Gabriel Markus y Nicolás Massú podrían finiquitar pronto su contrato. El tenista chileno trabajaría con Leonardo Zuleta

El viñamarino dejaría a su DT argentino y se haría asesorar por la Unidad Técnica Nacional. Su centro de entrenamiento será el club de Leonardo Zuleta.

HÉCTOR OPAZO Y JAVIER CEPPI

Entre Viña del Mar y Nogales han transcurrido los últimos días de Nicolás Massú (65º del mundo). El viñamarino llegó la noche del viernes al país y de inmediato se acercó a Leonardo Zuleta, su amigo y ex coach, para intentar recuperarse anímicamente tras la desastrosa gira sobre arcilla europea.

"Me parece una gran idea no haber ido a Montreal y Cincinnati. Él necesita reinventarse nuevamente, y en ese escenario es inteligente parar. Por eso, en estas dos semanas que pasará en Chile tendremos un trabajo intensivo para que pueda llegar bien al US Open", dice el "Nano".

Será, precisamente, la recién creada Unidad Técnica Nacional la encargada de "levantar" moralmente a Massú, quien está analizando la continuidad de Gabriel Markus -quien permanece en Buenos Aires- como entrenador.

"Tiene que haber cambios. Acá tenemos que analizar si esto es o no un problema pasajero. Si no lo fuera, hay que tomar una decisión drástica, porque Nicolás no puede seguir como está", explicó Manuel Massú.

"Él necesita estar acompañado porque está pasando por un momento difícil", expone Zuleta.

-¿Es posible, entonces, que sea la UTN la que acompañe a Massú en lugar de Markus?

"Podría ser una opción, pero hay que meditarla. Recién mañana (hoy) iniciaremos un trabajo más específico, pero claro que la UTN tiene que ayudar. Ver sus fortalezas, debilidades, si tiene que hacer cambios drásticos... es un trabajo de reingeniería el que tendremos que hacer, sobre todo porque viene la Davis".

MASSÚ VOLVERÁ A LA CANCHA recién en el ATP de New Haven, la semana previa al Abierto de Estados Unidos.

kidnicky
08-06-2007, 06:59 PM
that's why I hate so much that he goes to Chile, the only thing that we can find in news are these bad news .... they're still thinking about it but I don't like this at all, Gaby needs to stay with him :sobbing: they belong to be together :bigcry: .. of course that Zuleta's help is more than appreciated it but Gaby has to stay :bigcry:

and in the last paragraph you can see that that famous UTN is more worried because the Davis is coming :mad: I don't give a shit about the Davis right now, Nico needs to improve for his own career :o

LOVELY
08-06-2007, 07:02 PM
No more Gaby means no more Hernan....:tears:

kidnicky
08-06-2007, 07:04 PM
hopefully we will continue having Gaby :bigcry:

NicoFan
08-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Gaby... :sad:

But maybe it is for the best. Nico's results are just :eek:.

Where I have a problem is having Nano back. :rolleyes: He's not an ATP caliber coach. I know that Nico feels comfortable with him, but really - a terrible decision if Nano becomes Nico's full time coach. Horrible decision.

kidnicky
08-06-2007, 07:55 PM
and do you already saw the entire list of that team NicoFan?? besides Nano there's also Pato Rodriguez, Hans Gildmeister and Rios :rolleyes: what a lovely team :o

the first three are always trying to get rid of Gaby since long time ago and all this is just because the DC is coming, who cares if Nico screw up the rest of the year with no coach, the important thing is to get him ready for DC :rolleyes: :o

NicoFan
08-06-2007, 08:09 PM
and do you already saw the entire list of that team NicoFan?? besides Nano there's also Pato Rodriguez, Hans Gildmeister and Rios :rolleyes: what a lovely team :o

the first three are always trying to get rid of Gaby since long time ago and all this is just because the DC is coming, who cares if Nico screw up the rest of the year with no coach, the important thing is to get him ready for DC :rolleyes: :o

Is he just working with them these next two weeks or is he considering getting them as his full time coach??? :confused:

If he's just working with them for 2 weeks fine - but I don't want any of them with Nico full time - what a nightmare that would be - none of them are fit to coach him. :(

They are always trying to get rid of Gaby - it's so insane.

If Nico does decide to end it with Gaby, if he was smart, he would forget all of them and either get a coach from Argentina, Spain or the US (I know he doesn't feel comfortable speaking English, but tough. If he wants his career back on track, he can speak English - won't kill him.)

kidnicky
08-06-2007, 08:22 PM
actually in the article the one that is doing the talk is Nano and he is the one saying that Nico needs radical changes :rolleyes:

Papa Massu is saying that they're talking what they need to do 'cause Nico can stay like that, that he'll be working with them during these 2 weeks but they still don't know if they're going to keep working with Gaby or not ... of course that Nano and the others are already making a party and saying that Nico needs radical changes and if that includes a change of coach then he should change of coach.

I hope that this will be figure out by Papa Massu and Nicolas, if they decided to change coaches that's fine but for a good coach, not any of them for the love of God :mad:

it's always the same, having Nico in Chile is always a nightmare :o

LOVELY
08-06-2007, 08:33 PM
I really hope Nico will keep Gaby as his coach...What Gaby did in Amersfoort was great...:worship: (Gaby understands Nico so well...he really did a great great job trying to make Nico find his fighting spirit back. 45mn of talking and talking to Nico trying to convince him he's a champion...)

kidnicky
08-06-2007, 09:40 PM
I'm gonna be so depressed if Gaby doesn't stay with Nico :sobbing: ... he is great with him, nobody understands him better than Gaby does :awww:

NicoFan
08-06-2007, 10:12 PM
I still think that Nico should keep Gaby but get some consultant coaches to come in now and again...actually kind of like he is doing now...but make sure he stays with Gaby!!!

And let's face it - he's well coached. It's not Gaby's fault that he's losing. This is all confidence problems.

We've all seen him play and know his game is there. And others have watched him play lately and said he is playing great. He just mentally can't get it done.

kidnicky
08-06-2007, 10:18 PM
it is not something that we'll have to face, we or ar least I know that the problem is not the coach, we've seen Gaby coaching Nico and Gaby is the best coach that Nico could get because he needs something else than just a "coach" and Gaby is giving that to Nico.

The one that needs to change his attitude is him, not even having Sampras, Agassi, Becker and Connors together would do a change in Nico if he doesn't decide to change his attitude :shrug:

NicoFan
08-06-2007, 10:20 PM
The one that needs to change his attitude is him, not even having Sampras, Agassi, Becker and Connors together would do a change in Nico if he doesn't decide to change his attitude :shrug:

Yup - and it's been going on a long time.

Poor Nico... :hug: I hear the ex-players who now are TV commentators and they all say the same thing - when you lose your confidence, it's extremely hard to get it back.

kidnicky
08-06-2007, 10:30 PM
it is hard of course but nothing is impossible and he has to do it for his own good :sad:

NicoFan
08-06-2007, 11:08 PM
Kid - where did you read what Don Manuel said???? I've looked everywhere and can't find it. :shrug:

ChinoRios4Ever
08-07-2007, 12:02 AM
I disagree with all people here

Nico needs a big change and NOW!!!!!, no more Markus... hopefully Nano and the chileans guys are the answer for this bad moment, but no more Markus, it's more of the same... also i think Nico is tired of Gaby...

Only i want the best for Nico, like all of you i want Nico to comeback :)

NicoFan
08-07-2007, 12:09 AM
I disagree with all people here

Nico needs a big change and NOW!!!!!, no more Markus... hopefully Nano and the chileans guys are the answer for this bad moment, but no more Markus, it's more of the same... also i think Nico is tired of Gaby...

Only i want the best for Nico, like all of you i want Nico to comeback :)

I don't think he is tired of Gaby...Gaby is very very good to him. He won't find a coach who is more patient and who is as good a friend as Gaby is to him.

But...I agree there needs to be big changes. Nano is right on that.

But no offense...the Chilean coaches aren't the answer. :shrug: While they will be great to help Nico get his head together before NH and the US Open, none of them would work in the long term. Nano is a juniors coach. Hans...no comment, but I think everyone knows what I mean. :lol: And Pato - caused so many problems for Nico when he coached him before, and he didn't do a very good job then so what makes anyone think he can help now? And Rios....again no comment, but I can't imagine anyone thinking that Rios should coach Nico.

If Nico is going to change coaches, again, get another Argentine, a Spainard, or an American. Plenty of great coaches in all those countries. Nico would be comfortable with an Argentine or Spainard becuase of the language thing, but with an American, he can hang in Miami or better yet at Nick's in Tampa - that would be awesome. :yeah:

The problem is that Nico generally refuses to go outside his comfort zone. Which means the American or Spaniard is out. :shrug: And unless he can get himself to go outside his comfort zone and really gut this out, I'm afraid not much will change. :sad:

ChinoRios4Ever
08-07-2007, 12:59 AM
NICO HAS "NEW COACHES" :p

http://www.cooperativa.cl/p4_noticias/antialone.html?page=http://www.cooperativa.cl/p4_noticias/site/artic/20070806/pags/20070806191220.html

Nicolás Massú tiene nuevo entrenador: Patricio Rodríguez

El connotado coach trabajará con el tenista número dos de nuestro país en una fórmula en la que hará dupla técnica con Leonardo Zuleta.

Buscando darle un giro a su racha de malos resultados en el último tiempo, el tenista chileno Nicolás Massú decidió cambiar de entrenador y entregó este rol a Patricio Rodríguez, con quien obtuvo las dos medallas de oro en los Juegos Olímpicos de Atenas 2004.

Tras una reunión que se extendió por más de horas, Massú selló su compromiso con Rodríguez y decidió terminar el vínculo que lo unía con el argentino Gabriel Markus, con quien estuvo en las dos últimas temporadas.

Según informó Al Aire Libre en Cooperativa, Massú tendrá una fórmula de trabajo especial con Rodríguez, ya que el técnico de 67 años sólo viajará con el viñamarino a los Grand Slam y Masters Series. El resto del año lo hará junto a Leonardo Zuleta, otro ex técnico de Massú.

El lazo de Massú y Rodríguez se extenderá al menos de aquí a fin de año.

Actualmente, Massú marcha en el 65º puesto del Sistema de Entrada de la ATP y su mejor este año fue la final que jugó en el torneo de Viña del Mar. En sus últimos tres torneos, Amersfoort, Kitzbuhel y Sopot, cayó en la primera ronda. (Cooperativa.cl)

NicoFan
08-07-2007, 01:05 AM
What a stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid decision by Nico. :(

What a horrid year - he's made one bad decision after another...but this is the WORSE decision of the entire year. :mad:

This has got to be Don Manuel's doing. Has to be. He was the one that forced Pato on Nico the first time...I can't imagine that Nico would ever want Pato back after all the screw ups by Pato the first time.

Tennis has changed so much in the last couple of years. And Pato has been out of the game for so long. How on earth can he possibly help Nico??????? Pato was old school about 5 years ago...he doesn't know all the latest things that are going on.

And Nano again is a JUNIORS COACH.

THIS IS THE WORST DECISION OF NICO'S CAREER! THE WORSE... :sad:

Hopefully this is only for the short term. Only until Nico can find a real coach. Because if he thinks he can make it back into even the top 50 with these two, then he is quite sadly mistaken. :sad:

Fergie
08-07-2007, 01:20 AM
I don't like Rodriguez, no for Nico :rolleyes:

NicoFan
08-07-2007, 01:22 AM
I don't like Rodriguez, no for Nico :rolleyes:

I don't like Pato...period. :(

Fergie
08-07-2007, 01:29 AM
If they didn't work in the past ... Why will be different now? :rolleyes:

NicoFan
08-07-2007, 01:35 AM
If they didn't work in the past ... Why will be different now? :rolleyes:

It didn't work. Nico won the Olympics goal on his own - nothing to do with Pato.

But with Gaby, Gaby taught Nico how to play the game. He took Nico from a challenger type player to a high level pro. And he's worked well to help Nico change his game this year.

Again, all of Nico's problems stem from himself...nothing to do with Gaby.

But again, he does need change.

Just not Nano and Pato...both are totally and completely incapable of getting Nico back to the top 50 let alone being in the top 30 where he can get into masters series events, etc.

kidnicky
08-07-2007, 01:51 AM
this is just bullshit!!! I swear that if I'd have both Massus in front of me I'd yell at them, I have never been so mad for any of his decisions as I am now, congrats for Pato and Zuleta, they finally succed in their goal to get rid off Gaby :shout:

and oh God I'm so pissed off right now, I just can't believe this shit, if he wanted to changed coaches get someone competitive and that is actually going to improve your game, something like Fernando did, but Rodriguez?!?! what the fuck!!!! and he is doing an Stefanski only travelling for the GS and TMS?!?!?! that's just pure shit!!!!

In a few months I'm going to hear from him the same complains that he needs someone than besides being his coach could be as his friend or his father ... I want to kill him right now!!! :mad:

NicoFan
08-07-2007, 02:02 AM
It is the dumbest decision he's ever made.

The only thing that I can think of is that he wants something for the short term. :shrug:

And that they are planning on using this time to get a real coach.

One can only hope.

Nico Nico Nico...you just made things go from bad to horrid. :(

kidnicky
08-07-2007, 02:16 AM
I want to yell at him, really, he just screwed up my week :sobbing:

Fergie
08-07-2007, 02:18 AM
I want to yell at him, really, he just screwed up my week :sobbing:

Only the week? :p ... The year :sobbing:

kidnicky
08-07-2007, 02:32 AM
you're right, the year :sobbing: ... oh this is the first time that I feel I can kick him :shout:

ChinoRios4Ever
08-07-2007, 03:27 AM
It didn't work. Nico won the Olympics goal on his own - nothing to do with Pato.

De La Peña anyone? :p

not seriously, Pato was a good coach with many southamerican players, but you have to tell me what's wrong with him :o

kidnicky
08-07-2007, 03:46 AM
I'll let the expert in the subject to tell you No1Rios :lol: right now I can be objective enough :o ... I still want to kill Nicolas for doing this :sobbing:

TommyB.
08-07-2007, 09:24 AM
So Rodriguez is his new coach? :confused:

Ok I could found the answer...Rodriguez & Zuleta. Anyway, good luck for them.

I can't say a lot. Well a new coach isn't bad in my opinion, I said it before, we'll see. :shrug:

NicoFan
08-07-2007, 10:38 AM
De La Peña anyone? :p

not seriously, Pato was a good coach with many southamerican players, but you have to tell me what's wrong with him :o

Pato was a good coach about 100 years ago. :shrug:

With Nico, he had no clue to do about Nico's injuries. First he ignored the fact that Nico had a hernia. Then Pato had Nico come back too early ...twice!...and then Nico got injured again both times. Then when Nico was finally ready to come back, instead of going to Argentina or the US to train, Pato had Nico training in Chile with juniors. So Nico was totally unprepared when he got back on the tour. (Nico wasn't very pleased with that). And let's not forget la familia de tenis fiasco that Pato got Nico involved in.

And when I would watch them together in practice, Pato drove me nuts. He would never say anything. Just watched 90% of the time. Gaby was always talking with Nico...actually coaching. Getting Nico to try new things. I never saw Pato do that...ever.

The game has changed in the last 2 years. Nico knows that...he even spoke about it early in the year when he said he had to change his game. And Gaby has been working on that with Nico...but Nico was never able to take it from the practice courts into a match. Pato has been retired ... how does he know what is going on now???

Again, I hope this is a temporary arrangement until Nico can find a real coach. Someone who is up to date on what is happening.

kidnicky
08-07-2007, 01:19 PM
that's what I let NicoFan doing the explanation since I didn't know the all story, but I know this, Rodriguez isn't a good choice for Nicolas and that's all :ras:

you have no idea how mad I am :fiery:

Fergie
08-07-2007, 02:55 PM
:p

Pato Rodríguez: "Me entusiasma la disposición de Nico al sacrificio"

SANTIAGO.- Patricio Rodríguez dice estar entusiasmado. Después de meses retirado de la actividad, la posibilidad de volver a entrenar a Nicolás Massú, ahora haciendo dupla con Leonardo Zuleta, lo reinsertará en el breve plazo en el circuito.

"Voy a acompañarlo en los Grand Slams y en los Masters Series, empezamos en New Haven para preparar bien el US Open", contó a EMOL esta mañana.

Los entrenamientos comenzaron este mismo martes por la mañana, con el claro objetivo de devolverle a Massú la alegría de jugar y la confianza en sus herramientas. "Lo primero que queremos hacer es ver en qué esta fallando. Saber si técnicamente está bien, cómo anda en la parte física, lo mental, que muchas veces está originado en problemas técnicos o físicos, hay que evaluarlo todo", resumió el flamante entrenador del viñamarino.

Respecto de las metas que se pone en una primera etapa, Patricio Rodríguez manifestó que "es vital tener paciencia, porque a veces los resultados se demoran un poco en llegar, pero cuando trabajas bien, llegan. Lo que más me entusiasma es la disposición del Nico al sacrificio, así se hace más fácil corregir lo que está fallando".

Respecto de la conformación del cuerpo técnico, Rodríguez adelantó que "tenemos que conversar bien, porque él tiene un preparador físico, pero veremos si lo convenientes es que siga con él".

En lo referido al ámbito sicológico, todo apunta a que Massú no recibirá ayuda de un profesional en la materia, ya que su flamante entrenador señaló que "primero hay que saber si es lo que él necesita, acá va a jugar un rol muy importante Nano (Leonardo Zuleta), que lo conoce muy bien, desde pequeño, y recuerda que los técnicos somos siempre un poco sicólogos", sentenció el hombre que dirigiera a José Luis Clerc, Nicolás Lapentti, Andrés Gomez, Jaime Izaga y Gabriela Sabatini, entre otros.

TommyB.
08-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Can someone translate the last article please (main things)...thanks in advance. :)

kidnicky
08-07-2007, 02:59 PM
:sobbing: i don't like this man at all :bigcry:

and he is doing an Stefanski only travelling for GS and MS, like If Nico has ever done something good in any of those tournaments :o

nightmare ... a real nightmare :o

kidnicky
08-07-2007, 03:21 PM
sorry Tommy I always get mad trying to use any of those translators online, NicoFan will use hers to post the article, just wait ;)

TommyB.
08-07-2007, 04:47 PM
sorry Tommy I always get mad trying to use any of those translators online, NicoFan will use hers to post the article, just wait ;)

No problem. ;)

kidnicky
08-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Tommy here it is but I used one of those sucking translators so if you don't understand something just let me know ;)

Patricio Rodriguez says to be excited. After months retired of the activity, the possibility of returning to train Nicholas Massú, now doing dupla with Leonardo Zuleta, will reinsertará it in the brief term in the circuit. "I am going to accompany it in the Grand Slams and in the Masters Series, we began in New Haven to prepare the U.S. Open well", told to EMOL this morning.

The training began this same Tuesday in the morning, with the clear objective to give back to Massú the joy to play and the confidence in their tools. "first that we want to do it is to see in what this failing. To know if technically it is or, how it walks in the physical part, the mental thing, that often is originated in technical or physical problems, is necessary to evaluate it everything ", summarized the flaming trainer of the viñamarino.

Respect to the goals that is put in one first stage, Patricio Rodriguez showed that "he is vital to have patience, because sometimes the results are delayed a little in arriving, but when you work well, they arrive. What it excites to me more is the disposition of the Nico to the sacrifice, therefore becomes easier to correct what it is failing ".

Respect to the conformation of the technical body, Rodriguez advanced that "we must talk well, because it has a physical preinn, but will see if the advisable thing are that it follows with him". In referred at the psychological scope, the everything it aims at that Massú will not receive aid of a professional in the matter, since his flaming trainer indicated that "first it is necessary to know if he is what he needs, here is going to play a roll very important Nano (Leonardo Zuleta), who knows it very well, from small, and remembers that the technicians we are always a little sicólogos", sentenced the man that directed to Jose Luis Clerc, Nicholas Lapentti, Andrés Gomez, Jaime Izaga and Gabriela Sabatini, among others

NicoFan
08-07-2007, 05:23 PM
Pato is the only one excited...no one else is to see his face again. :rolleyes: :(

kidnicky
08-07-2007, 05:24 PM
:haha: you're right NicoFan :haha: ... he is the only one excited nobody else :o

NicoFan
08-07-2007, 05:49 PM
That's because Pato LOVES being in the spotlight. :rolleyes:

All that la familia de tenis thing was because he was jealous that Horacio actually got some media attention after the wins at the Olympics.

ChinoRios4Ever
08-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Pato was a good coach about 100 years ago. :shrug:

With Nico, he had no clue to do about Nico's injuries. First he ignored the fact that Nico had a hernia. Then Pato had Nico come back too early ...twice!...and then Nico got injured again both times. Then when Nico was finally ready to come back, instead of going to Argentina or the US to train, Pato had Nico training in Chile with juniors. So Nico was totally unprepared when he got back on the tour. (Nico wasn't very pleased with that). And let's not forget la familia de tenis fiasco that Pato got Nico involved in.

And when I would watch them together in practice, Pato drove me nuts. He would never say anything. Just watched 90% of the time. Gaby was always talking with Nico...actually coaching. Getting Nico to try new things. I never saw Pato do that...ever.

The game has changed in the last 2 years. Nico knows that...he even spoke about it early in the year when he said he had to change his game. And Gaby has been working on that with Nico...but Nico was never able to take it from the practice courts into a match. Pato has been retired ... how does he know what is going on now???

Again, I hope this is a temporary arrangement until Nico can find a real coach. Someone who is up to date on what is happening.

well that sucks, i want to dont remember the past, let see the future :D :devil:

good luck to Pato and Nico...

kidnicky
08-07-2007, 06:29 PM
That's because Pato LOVES being in the spotlight. :rolleyes:

All that la familia de tenis thing was because he was jealous that Horacio actually got some media attention after the wins at the Olympics.

okay I don't know the all story about that familia del tenis so please explanation :p ... I need more reasons to don't like this guy at all :ras: :lol:

I don't know how that man can motivate somebody with that "happy" face that he always shows, he seems to be ready for a funeral not for encouraging a player that actually needs encouragement :( ... oh Massu Massu :retard:

LOVELY
08-07-2007, 06:34 PM
why did you do that Nico ??? :bigcry: Why ??????:bigcry:
Obviously a really bad choice:help:

kidnicky
08-07-2007, 06:40 PM
I want to kill him :fiery: :bigcry:

NicoFan
08-07-2007, 06:47 PM
okay I don't know the all story about that familia del tenis so please explanation :p ... I need more reasons to don't like this guy at all :ras: :lol:

I don't know how that man can motivate somebody with that "happy" face that he always shows, he seems to be ready for a funeral not for encouraging a player that actually needs encouragement :( ... oh Massu Massu :retard:

I'll email you later - it's such a long story...and believe me, you will like Pato less. :lol:

NicoFan
08-07-2007, 06:49 PM
I want to kill him :fiery: :bigcry:

I don't want to kill him. He's our Nico... :hug:

I am pissed at him :lol: but more pissed at the people around him...I just know this is something that his dad and Nano talked him into.

Nico loves Gaby, and Gaby is his good friend. I just know they pushed Nico into this. :(

kidnicky
08-07-2007, 06:59 PM
yeah but he is already grown up to take the decisions about his career and not leave all that to those guys and his father :o

and I want to kill him and I'm mad at him, really mad at him for doing this :o

LOVELY
08-07-2007, 07:11 PM
I don't want to kill him either !!! As NicoFan says he's our Nico...:hug:
Nico is too kind I think......

kidnicky
08-07-2007, 07:23 PM
yeah kind and .... I better shut up :tape: ...

NicoFan
08-07-2007, 07:23 PM
I don't want to kill him either !!! As NicoFan says he's our Nico...:hugs:
Nico is too kind I think......

He is.

That's good for regular life, but not good when you are an athlete.

NicoFan
08-07-2007, 07:25 PM
yeah but he is already grown up to take the decisions about his career and not leave all that to those guys and his father :o

and I want to kill him and I'm mad at him, really mad at him for doing this :o

I can't believe this...usually it is me that is getting mad at his decisions, and you are telling me to be patient with him. :tape: :lol:

kidnicky
08-07-2007, 07:36 PM
no, I tell you to be patient with him, with his results and with his career, but this is beyond my patience with him, you know me and I'm probably the only one that never get upset at him when he does something bad or stupid but the few times that I really get mad at him is when he really does stupid things, like that time in RG saying that being in the 2nd week anything could happen and lost against King Fed and this time when he really needs to do a BIG change with himself, not with the coach and if he wanted to change coaches, fine but get a freaking good coach! not the same stupid story again :ras:

LOVELY
08-07-2007, 07:38 PM
Nico is too kind and that's not good when you're an athlete but we can't change that...
Actually I'm not mad at him at all but sad because in few monthes when the problems will still be here it's quite sure those people will let him down...:sad:

ChinoRios4Ever
08-07-2007, 07:40 PM
http://www.cooperativa.cl/p4_noticias/site/artic/20070807/pags/20070807152322.html

Massú: Patricio Rodríguez y Leonardo Zuleta son dos personas que me conocen mucho

El tenista número dos de Chile reconoció que eligió a los técnicos que más lo marcaron en su carrera debido a que saben como funciona tanto dentro como fuera de la cancha.

El tenista Nicolás Massú (65º de la ATP) explicó que se inclinó por Patricio Rodríguez y Leonardo Zuleta como nuevos técnicos porque ellos son parte importante en su trayectoria y son quienes más lo conocen.

"Uno va sintiendo en la carrera los cambios, uno se deja llevar por lo que uno piensa y lo que uno cree que es lo mejor para su persona. Por eso, yo tomé la decisión de volver con el 'Pato' (Patricio Rodríguez) y detrás de él que me esté ayudando un poco el 'Nano' (Leonardo Rodríguez) en el sentido de que son dos personas que me conocen mucho", explicó Massú en conversación con Al Aire Libre en Cooperativa.

"'Nano' me formó y estuve casi 12 años con él. Con 'Pato' viví quizás los mejores momentos de mi carrera (fue campeón olímpico), entonces son dos personas que me conocen mucho, que siempre han estado cerca mío", agregó el viñamarino.

Massú aclaró que siempre ha mantenido contacto con ellos. Por eso, ahora los eligió para buscar un alza en su carrera.

"Por más que este último haya estado trabajando con otra persona, siempre ellos han estado conmigo, dándome apoyo en los buenos momentos y en los malos, también. Entonces se juntan todas esas cosas, y es la posibilidad de probar cosas distintas", señaló el número dos de Chile.

Massú contó que la cercanía con Rodríguez y Zuleta le servirá para recuperar la felicidad jugando tenis.

"Necesito a una persona que sea un apoyo dentro y fuera de la cancha. No puedo tener a un entrenador que me sirva sólo dentro de la cancha, necesito estar acompañado porque viajar solo por el mundo no es nada de fácil. Para jugar bien al tenis, necesito estar feliz", manifestó.

Massú además dijo que el duelo ante Israel por Copa Davis, a disputarse entre el 20 y el 23 de septiembre, es una revancha para él por el sentimiento que tiene cuando defiende a Chile en la competencia por la Ensaladera de Plata.

"Yo llamé a Hans (Gildemeister) y le dije pregunté que si me inscribía en Beijing (torneo que se juega una semana antes) o no, porque lo único que quiero es llegar bien a Copa Davis", dijo.

"En este momento, tengo que buscar motivaciones grandes y para mí, una motivación es desquitarme de lo que pasó en La Serena. Me marcó un poco el año y me afectó bastante, estuve mal hasta Miami, porque para mí sigue siendo lo más importante ganar Copa Davis", sentenció. (Cooperativa.cl)

kidnicky
08-07-2007, 07:43 PM
and you want to know the last news?!?! then you'll be joining me in my feelings, No1Rios just said that Nico talked to the radio and that he chose Pato because he is one of the best coaches in the world but that the bad thing was that he didn't tell Gaby about his decision and Gaby knew for the press and Gaby had a lot of offers from other players but he rejected them because he was still working with Nico :shout:

and the greatest of all ... he cut his hair ... he cut his fucking hair!!! :mad:

I feel like flying to Chile and kill him!!!!!

NicoFan
08-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Do you know I had a feeling yesterday that he was going to cut his hair. I don't know why, but I just had this feeling about it.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry about it.

Nico...omg...he's having a meltdown....

And now I want to smack him...how could he do that to Gaby??? That's wrong...just really wrong. How can he do that to Gaby and say those things like Gaby doesn't support him off the court to the press. After all the patience Gaby has had with him and all the crap Gaby has had to endure with Nico. :mad:

LOVELY
08-07-2007, 08:11 PM
That's not nice to say that about Gaby...:rolleyes:
I don't know what happened to Nico these days but I don't like it..:(

NicoFan
08-07-2007, 08:16 PM
I can see Nico saying the good things about Nano...Nano is like a second dad to him.

But Pato is yuck!!! I don't see how he can like that man.

And to be mean to Gaby...I'm soooo disappointed in Nico right now.

I'm not even that upset about the hair because I'm soooo annoyed with what he said about Gaby. :(

kidnicky
08-07-2007, 08:21 PM
I told you that we'd hear the same stupid story that he needs someone that is more than a coach to him and all that crap, he said the same thing when he stoped working with Pato and he is doing the same thing now but the difference here is that Gaby actually was more than a coach to him and Pato will never do what Gaby has done with Nico ... just wait and see, we'll read the same complain about him in a few months when he gets tired of Pato :o

I'm so mad at him ... so mad :shout: ... and it seems that Fergie got that feeling about the hair too because she was asking me yesterday if I liked him with the short hair :rolleyes:

NicoFan
08-07-2007, 08:31 PM
This is an old picture - it's the shortest I ever saw his hair....he doesn't look good with really short hair.

I hope it's shoulder length - in that Gigantes con Vivi show, they had film when he had shoulder length hair and I think that's the length he looks best with.

ChinoRios4Ever
08-07-2007, 08:36 PM
that was in 2001 :devil:

i remember also that Nico has black hair in early 2004

NicoFan
08-07-2007, 08:39 PM
That black hair was :eek: He looked like a Vampiro then. :lol:

I'm sure lun.com will have pictures tomorrow. ;) We'll find out soon enough how short it is.

LOVELY
08-07-2007, 08:43 PM
That black hair was :eek: He looked like a Vampiro then. :lol:

I'm sure lun.com will have pictures tomorrow. ;) We'll find out soon enough how short it is.

I like the black hair ..:o but not the short hair :help:

TommyB.
08-07-2007, 08:43 PM
The latest news are really bad for him, strange behavior to Gaby. Nico! :o

And he cut his hair? Radical changes :eek:, i hope it's not a bald head. :p

Sparko1030
08-07-2007, 09:16 PM
this is too much.....I'm really behind here but....

Its bad enough he dumped Gaby but for Pato????? :mad: and to not tell Gaby first-he had to find out through the press???? Nico, Nico, Nico......Sure his dad can influence him but he is an adult and should never have treated Gaby like that after all Gaby has done and been through with him. And now I find out he also cut his hair :rolleyes: What next?????

kidnicky
08-07-2007, 09:54 PM
I don't know probably he'll change the color of his eyes :shrug: :rolleyes: ... you made my point Sparko, that's why I'm so mad because he is an adult now and he can take his decisions and he also knows that Gaby was more than a coach for him, I just can't believe him, I still want to kill him I'm so pissed off :shout:

and if he cut his hair like in that picture I'm going to kill him even more :mad:

Juliet
08-07-2007, 10:08 PM
:eek:
OH MY!!
WHAT'S GOING ON?? :confused:
If only I hadn't decided to do some catching up on Nico!...
Ignorance is bless!! Now I'm gonna spend the rest of the evening so very angry!!!!!!
:mad: :mad: