Doha and seb [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Doha and seb

grosjeanlol
01-02-2005, 07:11 PM
The draw is out now !! Seb will play Gilles Muller
And he also plays in double with Gael Monfils. Tomorow he is only playing in double againt Albert Costa and Rafael Nadal.... His revenge for france !!!!!!
Go seb go !!
We LOVE YOU !!!!!
The link to the draw http://www.qatartennis.org/index.php?id=12
Go seb !!!!

Alison
01-02-2005, 08:03 PM
Can't wait to see him play again :D

Marine
01-02-2005, 08:41 PM
Mate-le, Seb !!!! LOL
I'm glad to see him to play again !! And double with Gael, that's cool

:banana: :hearts: ALLEZ SEBASTIEN :hearts: :banana:

Peta Pan
01-03-2005, 12:59 AM
It is so great to see his name in the draw again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Go Seb!
And I guess this means I WILL get to see him in Melbourne, thank goodness!

zyim333
01-03-2005, 03:29 AM
Wish him a good beginning!
Allez!

KellyluvsGrosjean
01-03-2005, 04:59 AM
agrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Seb again!!! Luv him luv him luv him beaucoup!!!!!!!!!!!!1
stupid me didn't even know that the new season had started..............

richard gasquet
01-03-2005, 02:42 PM
allez sébastien!!!! that a great duet with gael monfils!!!!!!!!!!!!ça va etre chaud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :woohoo:

Alison
01-03-2005, 07:13 PM
They lost doubles :sad: Let's hope he does better in the Singles :)

Kathy
01-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Sorry that Grosjean lost his doubles match (although it meant Nadal won his) but the real happiness was knowing that out there somewhere in the world, Grosjean was playing tennis again. Um. My heart smiles again.

Hangdog
01-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Qui!!!!..
7-6(3) 6-2, Seb in second round. Great!
Allez Sebastien!! Lee's second.. ;-)

grosjeanlol
01-04-2005, 05:03 PM
It's so great to see him again playing on the court !!!
I was so happy to see him, in red the better color for him !!!!
And gael Monfils really good !!!!!!!!!!
Go seb go you can do it, we trust in you !!

Marine
01-04-2005, 07:22 PM
I'm sure he knows everyboby prefer him in red ;) And I agree, it suits him very well :drool:

A little article of l'equipe, today:

"Avec Gael, on se connait depuis l'orange bowl 2003. Lui et d'autres jeunes etaient venus jouer avec moi à Boca. Il est jeune, cool, il se régale et je trouve qu'il a un gros potentiel...surtout si on pense à ma marge de progression, qui est impressionnante.
L'experience de Doha ne pourrait pourtant être qu'un one shot: "je ne sais pas du tout quels doubls je vais disputer cette annee, on n'a donc etablu aucun programme ensemble."

Alison
01-04-2005, 08:55 PM
Well done Seb :D

My partner was supposed to video it for me while I was at work but didn't check that it was actually taping :rolleyes: The result was that I saw the last 5 minutes when I came in ; and half of that was Seb signing autographs :rolleyes:

Never mind , at least he won ;)

prazz_m
01-04-2005, 09:09 PM
the atp tennis site seems to have a lot of positive news on seb:
No. 3 seed Sebastien Grosjean got off to a good start in 2005 by defeating Luxembourg's Gilles Muller 7-6(3), 6-2 in one hour and 37minutes. The Frenchman looked fresh in his f irst match for Grosjean since 2004 US Open, having been out with left thigh injury. Muller served for the first set at 6-5, but Grosjean came back immediately to take the first set I na tie-break. Grosjean won 5 straight games from 0-1 in the second set. With the win, the Frenchman advances to the second round and will face Korea's sensation Hyung-Taik Lee.

Grosjean: “I feel happy to win this first round. I didn't play since the US Open so it wasn't easy, but I'm happy to win the first match of the year.”
“I had to stop for almost six weeks and I started practicing again in November. Physically I feel well and now I need to play matches.”
(side note - i didn't realise it was six weeks - that's AAAAGGESSSSSS)

wednesday preview:
No. 3 seed Sebastien Grosjean will play Asian hope Hyung-Taik Lee for a place in the last eight. It will be their first meet in an ATP event. L ast season, he became the first Frenchman to finish in Top 20 for five consecutive years since Yannick Noah from 1981-89. Despite not winning an ATP title for second straight season, he had impressive results at Grand Slams, making quarterfinals at the Australian Open and semifinals at Wimbledon. He has reached at least one Grand Slam quarterfinal each of last four years and became first Frenchman to advance to Wimbledon SF in back-to-back years in Open Era. Grosjean struggled with a left thigh injury in 2004, having to retire against Agassi in the Australian Open quarterfinals and after losing in second round at US Open he did not play the rest of season.

KellyluvsGrosjean
01-05-2005, 02:52 AM
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seb is doing great again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050104/capt.doh10601041841.qatar_tennis_open_doh106.jpg

Alison
01-05-2005, 08:41 AM
Seb beat Hyung-Taik Lee at Queens last year didn't he ?

Marine
01-05-2005, 11:49 AM
There's an audio interview of Seb at atp site
http://www.atptennis.com/en/audio/

(I am proud of me I understood all what he said :angel: ok, the accent helps me a lot :p )

KellyluvsGrosjean
01-05-2005, 01:44 PM
yea Seb said he played against Lee in Queens.
And part of the match became ATP's play of the week!!!
here: http://www.atptennis.com/en/mercedesbenz/archive.asp?AssetID=272

Agassi Fan
01-05-2005, 05:22 PM
good luck Seb. :-)

Agassi Fan
01-05-2005, 05:22 PM
He can beat Lee!!!

Marine
01-05-2005, 06:01 PM
He did it. Easily. 6/4 6/0

It is sooo gooooddddd to see him playing again :hearts:
Black shirt today.
He was just so lovable at the end, talking and joking with chidren while he was signing them autographs :hug:

Lizan
01-05-2005, 07:04 PM
I'm sure he knows everyboby prefer him in red ;)

Not me :sad:, well I do, but all the other colours look better on him :).. But a Black shirt on the other hand must have looked gorgious :p..

I only saw his match of yesterday.. But really happy to see him again!! :bounce:

C'mon Sebbbbb!!!!

Lizan
01-05-2005, 07:59 PM
Comon Seb win from Davydenko tomorrow, I'm really curious to see him play against davydenko as he's not a bad player.. But Sebs for sure the better one ;)
Go sebbb!! :bounce:

Alison
01-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Well done Seb!! Wish I could have seen it :)

Lizan
01-05-2005, 08:10 PM
Maybe you can see him tomorrow Alison..

Tricky_Forehand
01-05-2005, 09:29 PM
Seb!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :bounce: :bounce:

i'm so happy to see him in the QF!!! :D :D

tommy_girl
01-05-2005, 10:40 PM
YAY!!! seb's back... im sooo happy.. :bounce:

esther
01-05-2005, 11:26 PM
Yay Welcome back Seb!!!!! It's been so long *sigh* 2 wins so far, thats pretty good. Davydenko huh...guy who beat Arnaud at AO last year...shouldnt be too hard. First match on centre court at 4pm their time- you guys are lucky to be able to see his matches! And Marine, thats so nice to hear that he looked happy :) :) :)

Alison
01-06-2005, 08:44 AM
Maybe you can see him tomorrow Alison..

Let's hope so Lizan! ;)

Peta Pan
01-06-2005, 10:29 AM
YAY Seb :woohoo:

Such a relief to have him back and putting some wins together... let's hope he's all freshened up for a big year :D

Marine
01-06-2005, 04:16 PM
He lost !!! :mad: :sad:

2/6 6/4 6/2

He was leading 6/2 3/0 !!!!!!!!!!

Lizan
01-06-2005, 04:23 PM
:smash: though its good that he's back, its been a while I felt like this :banghead: LOL

Now I dont mind anymore though cos Australian Open is much more important!!
go seb :kiss:, btw he looked good today, nice outfit

Marine
01-06-2005, 04:34 PM
You're right, he'll be in Australia early, that's good (let's try to be positive ;) )

Marine
01-06-2005, 04:37 PM
interview of yesterday
http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackItA.asp?file=http://wm.atptennis-global.speedera.net/wm.atptennis-global/grosjean_doha3.wma

Hangdog
01-06-2005, 04:43 PM
*weeds* …to lose to Davydenko, to russian!.. Should I be happy and proud of son of my country?! :confused: What’s happened with Seb after 3-0 in second set? I didn’t watch the match (again! I really haven’t seen Sebastien for ages..), only sat near pc and stupidly looked on figures on monitor. And one more question: why didn’t Sebastien win the last set on his serve? Was Davydenko so strong and lucky or …? I can’t and don’t want to believe that Seb didn’t fight until the end.

Anyway the quaterfinal of Doha is not the worst beginning of new season. Good luck, bonne chance, Sebastien! Bon voyage à Australie! :wavey:

Hangdog
01-06-2005, 05:01 PM
interview of yesterday
http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackItA.asp?file=http://wm.atptennis-global.speedera.net/wm.atptennis-global/grosjean_doha3.wma

thanks for the link! His beautiful french accent :D I heard his English only once in 2003... He is in good form and mood, ok! Sebastien :angel:

Alison
01-06-2005, 05:17 PM
:sad: I didn't even get to see him :rolleyes:

British Eurosport are showing Federer's match with Lopez , it's almost like the Federer show :rolleyes: they're only showing his matches ,and it's not even LIVE :mad:

But I do like Lopez' shorts ;)

Anne-Claire
01-07-2005, 01:01 PM
interview of yesterday

Thx for the link, It is always very funny to listen to french guys speaking in English, Seb is the one who speaks english quite fluently but he should have a better accent as he s living in the US for quite some years now!! the prize will go to Arnaud's accent.... ;o) I really enjoy listen to him when he s speaking english, but never heard him speaking en espanol...lol We, french ppl have the worst english accent, its prooved...lol but actually english speaking ppl like it...;o))

Agassi Fan
01-07-2005, 01:03 PM
He lost !!! :mad: :sad:

2/6 6/4 6/2

:sad:

wilma
01-07-2005, 01:24 PM

Seems like the old Seb is back :p

KellyluvsGrosjean
01-07-2005, 02:33 PM
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrr
he lost... even he was leading 6-2, 3-0 -_-|||
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrr

See! he looks beautiful in the pic!

Alison
01-07-2005, 06:34 PM
Seems like the old Seb is back :p

;)

Marine
01-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Why "old" ?

Marine
01-07-2005, 07:55 PM
Article from l'equipe:

ÉLIMINÉ en trois sets par Nikolaï Davydenko (2-6, 6-3, 6-2), Sébastien Grosjean a quitté Doha pour Melbourne avec deux certitudes. La première tient à ses qualités intrinsèques : pour avoir mené face au Russe 6-2, 3-0, balle de 4-0, sans jamais jouer du grand tennis, il sait que les quatre mois passés loin du circuit ne l’ont pas déconnecté de son talent naturel. La seconde est plus inquiétante : à cause d’un manque flagrant d’agressivité dans ses frappes, il n’a pu faire fructifier cet avantage initial. « Le point pour faire 4-0 est presque symbolique, soulignait son coach, Brad Stine. Deux fois dans l’échange, Sébastien doit frapper fort en coup droit. Mais il le retient, perd le point, le jeu et tout s’enchaîne… »

Depuis le début de sa collaboration avec le Français, Stine a fait de ce besoin d’agressivité son leitmotiv. D’autres avant lui (comme son précédent entraîneur, Thierry Tulasne) avaient déjà tenté d’inciter Grosjean à forcer sa nature et à rentrer férocement dans la balle, notamment en coup droit. Pour Stine, elle est la condition sine qua non d’un retour au sommet. Parfois pointé du doigt, le peu de goût du Français pour l’entraînement physique et la musculation est évacué d’un revers de main. « Être plus costaud du haut du corps ne résoudra rien, assène-t-il. Sébastien est fort comme un bœuf… disons, un petit bœuf ! Non, tout ça, c’est une histoire d’esprit, d’attitude. Il doit entrer sur le court avec la volonté d’imposer son jeu et de jouer sur ses points forts. Or, son point fort, c’est le coup droit. Il doit forcer l’adversaire à trouver des solutions. Ce n’est pas à lui de réagir à une situation donnée, c’est lui qui doit poser le problème en premier. »

Une fois revenu aux vestiaires, soit malheureusement trop tard pour éviter la défaite, Grosjean ne tint pas un autre discours. Sa réceptivité aux maîtres mots de son coach semble totale : « Sauf si j’essaie de participer au dernier moment à l’exhib de Kooyong (qui se disputera quelques jours avant le début de l’Open), je ne jouerai pas avant Melbourne, dit-il. Il faudra donc que je sois très concentré à l’entraînement, que j’y mette beaucoup d’intensité. Déjà, en revers, j’essaye de terminer plus le geste pour frapper plus fort. Mais c’est moins un problème technique qu’une question de prise de conscience. Je dois me dire que ce n’est pas parce que je tape plus fort que je vais rater davantage. Quand j’ai une balle sur mon coup droit, je dois y aller. Je dois me montrer moins passif. Brad insiste aussi sur mes postures corporelles, mon port de tête, etc. L’agressivité, c’est tout un ensemble de choses. »

À un peu plus d’une semaine de l’Open d’Australie, Stine n’est pas inquiet outre mesure. Le délai lui semble suffisant pour que Grosjean se montre à la hauteur de ses résultats passés (demi-finale en 2001, quarts de finale en 2003 et 2004) : « Déjà, les trois matches qu’il a disputés ici représentent une bonne base de travail, explique-t-il. J’ai pu le voir évoluer en match mécaniquement, tactiquement et émotionnellement. Et puis, je suis le genre d’entraîneur qui croit aux vertus d’une bonne préparation. D’une bonne préparation naît la confiance. À nous de créer une atmosphère de travail dur et sérieux. Sébastien fera beaucoup de sets d’entraînement, où je lui demanderai de s’impliquer et de rentrer franchement dans la balle. Mais j’ai confiance. »

« Droit dans les yeux »

Une confiance qui repose sur l’observation minutieuse de son nouveau poulain : « Ce qui m’a le plus plu depuis qu’on bosse ensemble, c’est qu’il est très réceptif à ce que je dis, conclut-il. Il écoute très bien, il pige vite. Quand on se parle, on se regarde droit dans les yeux et on a un véritable échange. Je ne suis pas le seul à parler, lui aussi s’engage dans le discours. C’est très positif pour un joueur de son niveau et qui a déjà eu la carrière que l’on sait. » Jusqu’à présent, joueur et coach semblent évoluer sur la même longueur d’onde. Reste à trouver l’étincelle qui permettra à la foudre de jaillir de la raquette de Grosjean.

crystal
01-07-2005, 09:14 PM
merci beaucoup marine :-)
this article is very interesting !!!

wilma
01-07-2005, 11:44 PM
Why "old" ?

Because he loses the match when he's in a winning position - as always!!!!

esther
01-09-2005, 04:19 AM
« Sauf si j’essaie de participer au dernier moment à l’exhib de Kooyong (qui se disputera quelques jours avant le début de l’Open), je ne jouerai pas avant Melbourne, dit-il.

Hes going to try and play Kooyong? He means if someone pulls out right? Hmmmmm thats very very interesting. Anyone know when he comes to Melbourne?!

esther
01-09-2005, 04:23 AM
Although he did lose in a very 'old Seb' manner...he got to the quarters and got 3 matches in which i reckon isnt bad. As long as that loss didnt get to him, then its all good :)

Marine
01-09-2005, 07:28 AM
Anyone know when he comes to Melbourne?!
I guess he's already in Melbourne !

esther
01-09-2005, 08:19 AM
He is?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be at Melbourne Park hopefuly Thursday Friday and Saturday so hopefully i'll catch him practising.

KellyluvsGrosjean
01-10-2005, 03:05 AM
Because he loses the match when he's in a winning position - as always!!!!
:D :p :p :D I love this Wilma!!!

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....................
so unfair!!! I hope to see Seb play as well :sad:

oh yea one more pic from Qatar.

(HK is cold now...........errrrrrrrrrrr :( )

esther
01-10-2005, 05:47 AM
ooh i like that black top!

Lizan
01-10-2005, 09:54 AM
So do I :)

Alison
01-11-2005, 06:54 AM
ooh i like that black top!

Me too ! :drool: ;)

Marine
01-11-2005, 07:22 PM
Me toooooooo

:) :) :)

Red or black, or blue narvy it suits him a lot

Lizan
01-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Or Marine blue :p

Marine
01-11-2005, 08:32 PM
ehhhhhhh that's even better :angel:

Kathy
01-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Or no shirt. Someone had to say it.

Marine
01-12-2005, 06:50 AM
He uses to do it at practising or when he plays football ;)

esther
01-12-2005, 08:12 AM
Lol Kathy. He doenst take his shirt off when he's practising now tho...when was the last time he did that?! Maybe i'll ask him the next time i see him haha...hopefully his coach wont hurt me :S

rebel
01-12-2005, 08:13 AM
Or no shirt. Someone had to say it.

hehehehe :)

So Esther - you are going to Melbourne park without me??

esther
01-12-2005, 08:22 AM
RACHAEL- when r you coming?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sebgrosfan
01-13-2005, 01:22 PM
Snatching defeat from the clutches of victory...

I'm sure that'll be Seb's epitaph :rolleyes:

Lizan
01-13-2005, 03:06 PM
I'm really curious after the draw of tomorrow :bounce:.. hope he has a good one!!! :cool:

esther
01-14-2005, 07:31 AM
Plays Mika first round :sad:
Otherwise his quarter looks OK...and if we're lucky should get to the quarters where he'll meet RODDICK...Why wont Roddick go away already?!!!