Which traits do you share with Andy? -- PART TWO [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Which traits do you share with Andy? -- PART TWO

MisterQ
01-01-2005, 10:27 PM
You may choose more than one option. :)

Deboogle!.
01-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Wow Q! We picked the same ones!! But the water polo team is not after my bod :sad:

-ernie-
01-01-2005, 10:33 PM
PIZZA! :lick:

papasmurf11
01-01-2005, 10:35 PM
I chose pizza but now im hungry! Thanks alot Mister Q.

Jennay
01-01-2005, 10:39 PM
I voted for:
Pizza pizza!
I have a very good inside-out forehand.
I love a good iced caramel macchiato!

:p

Golfnduck
01-01-2005, 10:39 PM
Pizza, Pizza!!! And I would wear a map of the New York Subway system in front of 25,000 as long as it was Andy's shirt, and not an actual map of the subway system.

Deboogle!.
01-01-2005, 10:41 PM
I voted for:
Pizza pizza!

:eek: so you can beat Roger?!!?!!? :worship: :worship: Well damn, call up Andy and enlighten him!

BTW, Q!! Love the 2nd annual edition of your off-season poll! :yeah:

Jennay
01-01-2005, 10:43 PM
:eek: so you can beat Roger?!!?!!? :worship: :worship: Well damn, call up Andy and enlighten him!
Of course!

But I don't think Andy would like to know a 14 year old girl could beat Roger Federer and he can't :o So just keep it quiet ;)

Deboogle!.
01-01-2005, 10:44 PM
I think, at this point, he'd take the tips from anyone who could provide them ;)

superpinkone37
01-01-2005, 11:08 PM
I voted for:
Pizza pizza!

Copycat!! I voted for those exact ones as well lmao.
I guess that must be why we always win :lol: ;)

Gonzo Hates Me!
01-01-2005, 11:09 PM
I think I am the only person who doesn't get the pizza thing? Can someone explain? I've been pretending sooo long to understand, :sad: really, I-- I just never understood :sad: :sad: I'm a bad :hysteric: faaaaaaaaaan

:hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric:

andyroxmysox12191
01-01-2005, 11:10 PM
I voted for:
I canít seem to beat Roger Federer.
I would wear a map of the New York Subway system in front of 25,000 people. (I REALLY WOULD!)
Sometimes I fall down on the tennis court. (that's actually ALWAYS *cough cough*)
aaaannnnnd Pizza pizza! !!!!!!!

:banana:

Jennay
Copycat!! I voted for those exact ones as well lmao.
I guess that must be why we always win :lol: ;)
So you can beat Roger too? :D

MissFairy
it seems i cant beat roger federer...i feel so alone...:lol:

Deboogle!.
01-01-2005, 11:12 PM
I think I am the only person who doesn't get the pizza thing? Can someone explain? I've been pretending sooo long to understand, :sad: really, I-- I just never understood :sad: :sad: I'm a bad :hysteric: faaaaaaaaaan

Andy's known to LOVE pizza. He's been shown eating it in old videos, new videos... he ate pizza the night before his first round match at this year's Roland Garros and got sick, etc. etc.

MisterQ
01-01-2005, 11:13 PM

he likes pizza
he eats a lot of pizza
pizza pizza

Gonzo Hates Me!
01-01-2005, 11:15 PM
wow, the answer to my question was soooooo.... obvious! I'm a ditz-- he heh heh :hatoff:

Jennay
01-01-2005, 11:17 PM
:lol: I love you Mrs. Guga.

Gonzo Hates Me!
01-01-2005, 11:21 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawww! I love you too!! I feel so special right now!! There's a twinkle in my eye

Deboogle!.
01-01-2005, 11:26 PM
Mrs. Guga!! Please. You are so not a ditz! We all love you!!!!! The board is a much more fun place with you here :)

andyroxmysox12191
01-01-2005, 11:26 PM
:lol: You rock jaja (:

superpinkone37
01-01-2005, 11:34 PM
So you can beat Roger too? :D

Yes. (:

And Mrs. Guga, we love you!! :hug:

Gonzo Hates Me!
01-01-2005, 11:39 PM
Thanks y'all, and I'm not trying to be funny, but I really am an airhead

star
01-02-2005, 12:11 AM

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

omygod that made me laugh right out loud.

star
01-02-2005, 12:14 AM
And Nwando, it wasn't because you didn't get the Pizza thing. It was because you've been pretending to understand.... and saying you were a bad fan and all the smilies. I just cracked me up. :lol:

heya
01-02-2005, 12:57 AM
How about adding an option "Naughty as hell. Want to see my round booty?????"

Deboogle!.
01-02-2005, 12:59 AM
How about adding an option "Naughty as hell. Want to see my round booty?????"

DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :haha: :haha: :worship:

J. Corwin
01-02-2005, 01:26 AM
Pour moi:

I would wear a map of the New York Subway system in front of 25,000 people.
Sometimes I fall down on the tennis court.
The entire Australian womenís water polo team is after my bod.
Pizza pizza!

MisterQ
01-02-2005, 01:30 AM

Funny, they're after mine, too. We must have that certain je ne sais quoi. ;)

star
01-02-2005, 01:31 AM
They'er horny bitches. :lol:

J. Corwin
01-02-2005, 01:37 AM
Funny, they're after mine, too. We must have that certain je ne sais quoi. ;)

So what do we do? Take turns? ;) :tape:

MisterQ
01-02-2005, 01:39 AM
They'er horny bitches. :lol:

After laying eyes on me and Jackson -- yes, they are. :devil:

MisterQ
01-02-2005, 01:40 AM
So what do we do? Take turns? ;) :tape:

We'll have a planning meeting beforehand. ;)

heya
01-02-2005, 01:43 AM
General Interests
Nickname: A-Rod and Kid Roddick. (andyroddickuk.tripod.com, USOC 14/01/03)
Hobbies: Music, movies and skydiving. (ATP 03/02/04)
LangSpoken: English and Spanish
Handedness: R
OtherSports: Played varsity basketball at Boca Raton Prep. (USOC 13/03/03)
Injuries: In April 2000 he had an arthoscopy on his right knee. (ATP 03/02/04) Between age 15 and 16, he grew 20cm. So that his muscles and tendons could catch up with his bone growth, he had to wear orthotics and undergo a special stretching program two hours a day. (Australian Tennis July 2002)
AddInformation:
Hero / Idol
Lance Armstrong. (USOC 13/03/03)
Awards and honours
In 2003 he became the youngest American [at 21 years, two months] and second youngest behind Lleyton Hewitt, to finish number one in history of ATP Rankings. He made biggest jump to number one from the previous year, improving from number 10.

In 2001, he was the youngest player in the ATP top 20 at 19 years, four months.

He finished 2000 as the number one ranked junior in the world. (ATP 03/02/04)

Ambitions
To win the Davis Cup. (French Tennis 2002)

Other Information
EARLY DAYS
As a child, he had imaginary friends called Ivan Lendl, Jimmy Connors and John McEnroe. His mother, Blanche, said, "He'd play imaginary games against them for hours in our garage and he never lost."

When he was six, he drew a picture and wrote on it, 'I can run fast, I can hit the ball far, I am a good tennis player.' (GQ Magazine, September 2002)

OTHER ACTIVITIES
He has appeared on a couple of television variety shows and hosted the popular comedy program Saturday Night Live. He has also been featured in non-sports publications ranging from Rolling Stone to Vogue. (ATP 03/02/04)

FIGJAM?
Reebok designed a shoe for him called Figjam - which is Australian slang for "f**k I'm good, just ask me". When asked if he was aware of the meaning, he said "I might have heard a rumour, I find it amusing." (roddickrocks.com 14/01/03)

star
01-02-2005, 01:44 AM
After laying eyes on me and Jackson -- yes, they are. :devil:

I thought it was Andy that got them all worked up, but now the true story comes out. They were only after him because Q and Jace weren't in Athens. :D

I have only seen Jace's chest and one shoulder but that looked very yummy. and as for Q what can I say.... Brad Pitt and Moya wrapped up into one. :D

star
01-02-2005, 02:11 AM
Heya!!!!! Very funny picture!

Havok
01-02-2005, 02:17 AM
Would wear a map of NY subway system in front of 25, 000 people (what the heck do I care about other people looking at what I wear)

Pizza (obvious)

Never been to starbucks, so no on the coffee thing (allez Tim Horton's), and didn't vote for the Fed one because it wouldn't make sense since I never played him, so our h2h is even.;)

star
01-02-2005, 03:20 AM
:lol: on your great head to head with Roger!

zoltan83
01-02-2005, 06:31 PM
My choices :
I would wear a map of the New York Subway system in front of 25,000 people.
(Iza, don't read this)
Pizza pizza!

heya
01-02-2005, 07:01 PM
Another shocking thread appeared in GM. Roddick can't beat him unless that guy
gets injured, has an off-day or loses a leg. Don't make me vomit.
OF COURSE, Andy WAS NOT INJURED & NEVER HAD AN OFF-DAY.
I'm sure that EVERYONE HERE KNOWS THAT ANDY REACHED HIS PEAK & WILL NEVER BE LEAN & STRONG ENOUGH to BEAT FED, SAFIN & HEWITT WHEN THEY"RE AT THEIR BEST.
I'm SURE that Andy IS ONE-DIMENSIONAL. :rolleyes:
HE WILL RARELY BEAT THE TOP PLAYERS.
DID ANYONE SEE HIM PLAY, EVER????

Deboogle!.
01-02-2005, 07:06 PM
whoa, heya is mad :scared: :bolt:

heya
01-02-2005, 07:30 PM
Everytime I go to Ar.com, I see cluelessness and ignorance from 11-year-olds and a few non-fans.
In MTF, totally unmoderated, the duck hunters don't gather together in 1 sad thread, but they have to post the same bullcrap threads repeatedly.
Will the Andy fans stop replying with ridiculous, depressing posts about Andy's future?
I don't need to read "That guy needs to lose a leg for Andy to win."

Deboogle!.
01-02-2005, 07:33 PM
Everytime I go to Ar.com, I see cluelessness and ignorance from 11-year-olds and a few non-fans.

yea, AR.com is toxic to your health. I suggest you stay away :hug:

In MTF, totally unmoderated, the duck hunters don't gather together in 1 sad thread, but they have to post the same bullcrap threads repeatedly.
Will the Andy fans stop replying with ridiculous, depressing posts about Andy's future?
I don't need to read "That guy needs to lose a leg for Andy to win."

Yeah... they can't help it - they have to start new thread after new thread and have to talk about the same thing! They just :hearts: Andy so much they can't stop talking about him :)

heya
01-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Brad Gilbert loves Andy. He should show off his magical knowledge in ar.com. Andy must've changed his impression of him long time ago. I was apalled to see his
insecurity and obsession with 155 mph serves, especially during Davis Cup.
He's got to stop acting like he's a loser. If he just enjoys doing commercials (like the ESPN one I saw last night) and joking around instead of prepariing for matches, he won't win any slam.
I really don't understand how his family reacts to his laziness and lousy coaching.
The arguments with umpires don't bother me as much as his acceptance of failure. He must care about every tournament.

roisin
01-02-2005, 08:31 PM
well, like andy, i cant seem to beat roger federer either. i mean, ive come close on occasion but his scary calls of 'come on' in a weird ass roger way always seem to put me off.....damnhim!

i also have tendencies to fall. a lot. not just on a tennis court, but everywhere in general.

and pizza. *YUM!*

MissFairy
01-02-2005, 08:35 PM
that 'come on' by roger is indeed the scariest thing ive ever heard i think...:lol: its so off putting, i can understand how that put you off roisin! came close eh? not bad really...

heya
01-02-2005, 08:36 PM
I'm eating pizza right now. Andy hates hearing "c'mon" and players celebrating after his double faults.

MissFairy
01-02-2005, 08:39 PM
I'm eating pizza right now. Andy hates hearing "c'mon" and players celebrating after his double faults.

what player doesnt?? its like completely unsporting, the double faults bit, i dont like it when the crowd does it (DC final, seville i know youre patriotic but give it a break)...so a player should show some consideration! what player does that?

hope youre enjoying youre pizza...hmmm what topping??

Deboogle!.
01-02-2005, 08:46 PM
we're making pizza tonight, too :hearts: :toothy: In honor of Andy, sure ;)

heya
01-02-2005, 08:48 PM
green pepper, :ras: hot pepper, onions, thin crust :lick:

Yeah, I can see Andy looking submissive and unconfident when he fears Andre, Fed, Hewitt and Henman. It's like he applauds with his racket more often and plays worse when he's pitted against them.

Jennay
01-02-2005, 08:52 PM
Send some pizza down to me in Florida, k? ;)

Deboogle!.
01-02-2005, 08:55 PM
:yeah: Thin crust pizza, it's the only way to go!!

superpinkone37
01-02-2005, 08:57 PM
I want some pizza too!!

OMG I am never effing doing science fair after this year.... :mad:

MissFairy
01-02-2005, 08:58 PM
what is a science fair?? us londoners (or maybe just me??) have never heard of that

Deboogle!.
01-02-2005, 08:58 PM
:eek: you get the choice?!!? In my high school if you were in an honors or AP science class, you had no choice it was like 20% of your grade!

But I always thought it was fun. I'm such a geek :smash:

Jennay
01-02-2005, 09:05 PM
I want some pizza too!!

OMG I am never effing doing science fair after this year.... :mad:
Because of all the hurricanes this year, not enough schools could participate, so I don't have to do Science Fair! :woohoo: :woohoo:

superpinkone37
01-02-2005, 09:10 PM
Because of all the hurricanes this year, not enough schools could participate, so I don't have to do Science Fair! :woohoo: :woohoo:

I hate you. No just kidding, I couldn't hate you because we win :D lmao

And Deb, this was the first year that they made it mandatory for all Honors and AP classes to do science fair. But apparently, this new rule is not going over so well and they may not make it mandatory next year.

But I don't know...I mean I'm all stressed about it now and will be until it is due but if I end up doing really well on it I will want to do it again and then regret it once I am in this position again. It is a vicious cycle.

Deboogle!.
01-02-2005, 09:11 PM
I understand. Well I think your project is super :cool: and it sounds like you got :yeah: great results.... so yeah. It's a pain but I always loved the feeling of really accomplishing a complete project from start to finish :)

roisin
01-02-2005, 09:21 PM
that 'come on' by roger is indeed the scariest thing ive ever heard i think...:lol: its so off putting, i can understand how that put you off roisin! came close eh? not bad really...

yeah, nearly as close as lleyton got in USO final last yr :p

roger's 'come on's arent even proper ones, they're like scary ass toned down ones and it really dosent sound like him. *shudder* i hate it. and my sister kindly does an impression of it every time she wants 2 piss me off. it works.

egh science fairs?! *runs away*

i hate science! exactley the reason why i dropped all 3 science subjects this year. ;)

tangerine_dream
01-02-2005, 09:24 PM
I've been known to save people from hotel fires but I don't want to brag. :)

J. Corwin
01-02-2005, 09:28 PM
I never had to do science fair. Come to think of it...I only remember science fair from elementary school. :scratch: It was always optional though, if I remember correctly. :)

Havok
01-03-2005, 12:41 AM
Ah science fair. I did it my last 2 years of high school. Gonna be honest, the only reason why I did it is because you get to scratch for a whole entire day, and you also "work" on your project during class time. Man, those were the days.

andyroxmysox12191
01-03-2005, 01:01 AM
We didn't have to do it last year or this year :banana: OR 6th grade...was good (:

MissFairy
01-03-2005, 11:57 AM
yeah, nearly as close as lleyton got in USO final last yr :p

roger's 'come on's arent even proper ones, they're like scary ass toned down ones and it really dosent sound like him. *shudder* i hate it. and my sister kindly does an impression of it every time she wants 2 piss me off. it works.

egh science fairs?! *runs away*

i hate science! exactley the reason why i dropped all 3 science subjects this year. ;)

close as lleyton...ahem...im sooo prooud :devil: so hang on if lleyton get bagelled by fed everytime, and you did nearly as well..how could you do worse than good old lleyton?? :lol:

i quite like science, lol, im such a nerd ;) but actually i cant stand physics...its lame!

its 2005!!! sorry im a bit slow...:lol:

roisin
01-03-2005, 12:43 PM
close as lleyton...ahem...im sooo prooud :devil: so hang on if lleyton get bagelled by fed everytime, and you did nearly as well..how could you do worse than good old lleyton?? :lol:

he didnt get bagelled in 1 of the sets :devil:

MissFairy
01-03-2005, 12:45 PM
he didnt get bagelled in 1 of the sets :devil:
whoops, i forgot...it makes all the difference..or i guess thats what roger rasheed is telling the poor lad :lol: and people ride andy for not making a mark on feds game :rolleyes: are people crazy...?

wimbledon 2004, or us open 2004 final? i think i know which slam final was better... :)

heya
01-03-2005, 08:50 PM
Andy isn't the smirking, mean-spirited type, so I hate it when others show that behaviour in front of him.

I almost puke when I see players act like they're superior people, especially when Andy makes an unforced error.

I don't want Andy to talk arrogantly and to give fake celebrations after tourney wins. ;) :devil:

I was upset when Andy started behaving like Gilbert
(acting like white trash on the court + pretending that 2003 was perfect just because he saved 4 matchpoints + became #1).
Of course, he couldn't end the macho, immature behaviour that he learned from friends/family/athletes, but he can be his natural, sweet self again.
I hope and think he won't feel as helpless and hopeless like he did before 2005.

roisin
01-03-2005, 09:06 PM
wimbledon 2004, or us open 2004 final? i think i know which slam final was better... :)

oooh i dont think u think, i think u know...
erm....
if u get me! :p

MissFairy
01-04-2005, 03:04 PM
oooh i dont think u think, i think u know...
erm....
if u get me! :p

:lol: that took me a while to get that...im not the brightest person in the world though :) yeah roisin, i DO know, and i think not alotta people would have wanted to be lleytons shoes (trainers??) after that match!!

heya
01-04-2005, 07:51 PM
We all know what players are truly likeable.
Too bad the butt suckers from MTF have no clue. :devil:

Some of my other faves: Guga, Berdych, Borg

Tytta!.
01-04-2005, 08:01 PM
We all know what players are truly likeable.
Too bad the butt suckers from MTF have no clue. :devil:

Some of my other faves: Guga, Berdych, Borg

Butt suckers OMG :haha: Heya :worship:

BTW Guga :hearts: :bowdown:

Adman
01-04-2005, 09:02 PM
I have a good inside-out forehand.

Deboogle!.
01-04-2005, 09:03 PM
No one went to North Dakota last year :sad:

Fumus
01-05-2005, 05:18 PM
I have a bablot pure drive plus...with babolat hurricane strings and babolat Xcel crosses...