7. Olivier Patience (FRA) – 119
8. Tomas Zib (CZE) – 121
9. Nicolás Lapentti (ECU) - 122

jazz_girl
12-29-2004, 11:22 AM
Vamos Gastón, Carlos y Monaco!!! :bounce:

Alvarillo
12-31-2004, 02:55 PM
Costa and Corretja to play the south-american clay season! :)

Suerte a los españoles!!!

Action Jackson
01-01-2005, 05:26 AM
No problems for providing the list Björki and where did you find it? :)

Anyway, I hope this is a good tournament and Jaite has done great things for Argentine tennis and there are so many players I would like to see there and hang out in Buenos Aires as well.

Good luck to Gaston, Costa, Mariano, Monaco, Cañas, Mantilla, Horna and Gonzalez.

joeb_uk
01-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Great list :yeah:
2. Gastón Gaudio (ARG) – 10
3. Guillermo Cañas (ARG) – 12
7. Luis Horna (PER) – 38
8. Filippo Volandri (ITA) – 43
9. David Ferrer (ESP) – 49
10. Mariano Zabaleta (ARG) – 54
12. Agustín Calleri (ARG) – 58
22. Félix Mantilla (ESP) – 102

kick out 23. Paul-Henri Mathieu (FRA) – 123 and put almagro in :D

michelleg
01-02-2005, 07:56 PM
George, there's still room for you to join us....

Action Jackson
01-03-2005, 05:12 AM
George, there's still room for you to join us....

Stop it you evil temptress as you know I would like to be there, but I can't.

Action Jackson
01-03-2005, 05:13 AM
kick out 23. Paul-Henri Mathieu (FRA) – 123 and put almagro in :D

:haha: :haha:

Björki
01-03-2005, 11:42 AM
No problems for providing the list Björki and where did you find it? :)
:lol: I think it was in the Gaudio thread. Sorry for not mentioned it.

Action Jackson
01-04-2005, 07:49 AM
:lol: I think it was in the Gaudio thread. Sorry for not mentioned it.

Nah, you repped me for it and mentioned it there and it's cool.

Champion number 1
01-06-2005, 12:35 PM
Filippo and Starace I hope to have a succesful tournament. Once again Flippo is going through South America in Feb-March while Starace wll have his first full year on the main tour it seems.

Leena
01-10-2005, 12:23 AM
Viva Gonzo. :)

Fergie
01-10-2005, 12:55 AM
Vamos Nico, Feña, Gaston y Carlos :bigclap:

+alonso
01-11-2005, 12:33 AM
Espero que Nicolas pueda avanzar algunas rondas.. ^^
^^....Muy agradecido que no esté Gasquet en la Lista del torneo jajaja
No creo que le gustaría encontrarse por 3 vez con el.
suerte tambien a Fernando; Debe de haber jugado buen tenis para haber derrotado a Blake asi .. Ojalá siga de esa forma

willie
01-12-2005, 06:49 PM
i already have my abono for watching all the matches the seven days very near the players!!! :D

jazz_girl
01-12-2005, 07:04 PM
I don't know if you know this already, but Nadal will come to the Bs As ATP, he's got one of the WC:
http://news.google.com.ar/news?q=nalbandian&hl=es&lr=&tab=wn&ie=UTF-8&scoring=d

willie
01-13-2005, 12:09 AM
I don't know if you know this already, but Nadal will come to the Bs As ATP, he's got one of the WC:
http://news.google.com.ar/news?q=nalbandian&hl=es&lr=&tab=wn&ie=UTF-8&scoring=d

that is a good news, nadal will give a great show!

Björki
01-13-2005, 06:57 AM
Vamos Rafa :bounce:

Pancakesong
01-13-2005, 07:09 PM
¡Vamos carlos y rafael!

Tipsarevic
01-16-2005, 08:42 PM
Janko! :D

Scotso
01-18-2005, 01:54 AM
Paulo, Janko :)

kandykane
01-19-2005, 10:20 AM
i don't get it, is there a reason guille isn't playing in BA???

willie
01-22-2005, 05:21 PM
he had sign for playing marseilles for 5 years and as ba change for 1 week before is at the same week than marseilles.

elletrista
01-24-2005, 12:50 PM
Massu out in Chile, Bs. As. , Brasil and Acapulco Mexico.-

... In Dude for the Davis Cup for injury.-

willie
01-25-2005, 09:45 PM
Massu out in Chile, Bs. As. , Brasil and Acapulco Mexico.-

... In Dude for the Davis Cup for injury.-

perfect, so it will enter a better player to the draw!! :cool:

Action Jackson
01-27-2005, 12:54 AM
The 3 Wildcards have gone to:

Alex Corretja (ESP)
Rafael Nadal (ESP)
Nicolas Lapentti (ECU)

Denaon
01-27-2005, 01:37 PM
The 3 Wildcards have gone to:

Alex Corretja (ESP)
Rafael Nadal (ESP)
Nicolas Lapentti (ECU)
That's cool!
I like a lot Alex and Nico. Rafael is some big attraction!

josemanuel
01-28-2005, 06:27 AM
The 3 WC to foreign players?????
I think Puerta deserved one.
There are lots of good argentinian players. Bad decision Jaite.

Action Jackson
01-28-2005, 06:30 AM
Nadal, Corretja and Lapentti are quite big attractions and I think Jaite has done a wonderful job with this tournament and for Argentine tennis in general.

josemanuel
01-28-2005, 06:51 AM
For sure, but not in this case

Action Jackson
01-28-2005, 06:53 AM
Well the tournament needs money and there are plenty of good local players in this draw and those 3 guys will definitely help sell some tickets which help the tournament. The Buenos Aires tournament used to be a fairly poor one in quality, but this time around it's a very good field and that is more important than whether Puerta or Squillari deserve a wildcard.

Denaon
01-28-2005, 01:45 PM
GWH is right, though I'd like Puerta, Squillari or any other good argie player to get the wc, this tournament needs "prestige". Recent years we had, Moya, Kuerten, Rios, still not enough for sponsors and public to make it a huge event. I find it almost impossible to go to BA Lawn Tennis and watch the final Federer vs. Safin. Perhaps that's not precisely what Jaite's looking for, but to put ATP BA into the next level.

willie
01-28-2005, 06:42 PM
last year the tickets were all sold for the qf, semis and final, this gives the tourney money for next year improving it.

Elwing
01-28-2005, 06:53 PM
today i read an article at a business local paper and the point is when Jaite claims it will be a great tournament and will encourage more players the will to come and play it every year, the price they had to pay for the week in the calender and the fact that they don't have a main sponsor just a collection of adds makes the tournament not as good as they expected, economically speaking, so they are gonna be ok if at least they get the money they invested , if more that's success for them, the tickets are $5 more than last time...
I think is worth it and I hope , over the years, this tournaments becomes more and more important, it's amazing how we are able to have good players in such remote conditions for athlets in Argentina
The newspaper is El Cornista Comercial but i think for reading it u have to be a member...
www.elcronista.com

Action Jackson
01-29-2005, 02:04 AM
Good I want the tournament to get bigger and they are getting some big names now and it would be great if they could get a sponsor for the event, but there needs to be more tennis in South America and if people can support the tournament and fill the seats then even better.

josemanuel
01-29-2005, 08:41 AM
Nicolas Lapentti will help to sell more tickets???????
It´s ridiculous. I have nothing against him, but he has done almost nothing over the last three or four years.
He lost against Puerta 6/2 6/0 in the final of a challenger at the end of last year.
And Puerta will have to qualify and Lapentti has a WC!!!!!!!!!!!
Also Edgardo Massa won La Serena challenger last week. And he will need to qualify too!!!!!

Action Jackson
01-29-2005, 09:34 AM
Nicolas Lapentti will help to sell more tickets???????
It´s ridiculous. I have nothing against him, but he has done almost nothing over the last three or four years.
He lost against Puerta 6/2 6/0 in the final of a challenger at the end of last year.
And Puerta will have to qualify and Lapentti has a WC!!!!!!!!!!!
Also Edgardo Massa won La Serena challenger last week. And he will need to qualify too!!!!!

Ok, unless you have missed it I have nothing against Puerta or Squillari at all, obviously you aren't aware that Lapentti is very popular in South America among the tennis community and has been for a long time and does he have better achievements than Puerta overall. Corretja hasn't been in great form, but you don't whine about him.

Complain to Jaite and just make it an Argentine championships without any visitors and that wouldn't be good for the tournament.

Please complain about Nadal and Corretja as well it would only be fair.

willie
01-29-2005, 04:14 PM
i read in an article in internet that this tournament of the international series is one of the top in people attendance.

josemanuel
01-29-2005, 11:31 PM
Corretja is a great player. Two time runner up at RG and he yes can help and sell more tickets.
And Nadal is a very promising player and has played very well at the Aussie open.
I have nothing against Lapentti, but I think it´s a bit unfair for the argentinians.
Tell me about tournaments that give ALL the wild cards to foreign players.
I think you won´t find anyone.

Elwing
01-31-2005, 06:40 PM
well just guessing here but i'm assuming that the idea behind inviting Nicolás Lapenti is to sostein the internationality of the tournament, of course we have quite a few players that could've been invited but having 90% of local players and just a 10% of foreign don't seem to be quite international.. again... just a guessing...

Björki
02-01-2005, 05:54 PM
OUT: Massu
IN: Almagor
NEXT: Ventura, Saretta, Corretja, Vanek, Tipsarevic, A.Garcia, Patience, Zib

Action Jackson
02-02-2005, 04:47 AM
OUT: Massu
IN: Almagor
NEXT: Ventura, Saretta, Corretja, Vanek, Tipsarevic, A.Garcia, Patience, Zib

Yes, Almagro is. Corretja has a WC.

Horna and Chela should compete, but not sure yet.

Pea
02-03-2005, 04:31 AM
Janko with 3 spots ahead of him.:mad:

Daniel
02-04-2005, 11:10 AM
Go Gaudio and Moya :kiss:

Springy
02-04-2005, 04:09 PM
Please Flavio enter!

patricioduco
02-05-2005, 01:16 AM
I find your comments totally appalling, let alone your english sucks

patricioduco
02-05-2005, 01:18 AM
today i read an article at a business local paper and the point is when Jaite claims it will be a great tournament and will encourage more players the will to come and play it every year, the price they had to pay for the week in the calender and the fact that they don't have a main sponsor just a collection of adds makes the tournament not as good as they expected, economically speaking, so they are gonna be ok if at least they get the money they invested , if more that's success for them, the tickets are $5 more than last time...
I think is worth it and I hope , over the years, this tournaments becomes more and more important, it's amazing how we are able to have good players in such remote conditions for athlets in Argentina
The newspaper is El Cornista Comercial but i think for reading it u have to be a member...
www.elcronista.com
Im sorry but the tournament's conditions are excellent, in fact, its one of the best International Series tourneys, I dunno what youre talking about.

patricioduco
02-05-2005, 01:19 AM
The three WC are Nadal, Puerta and Massa, not Corretja or Lapentti

Elwing
02-06-2005, 09:21 PM
oh i get it now!! you don't get what ppl talk about that's why all your post are not at all connceted to the forum, its ppl or anything constructive!! well Patricio don't worry, you'll get it in time, just keep trying... the comment was about something a news paper published , and those comments were made by the organization partners, not me... no doubt , for me, the tournament is one of the best , the attendance is huge and i love the fact that is at home (for me)...

if you were refering to my english in particulary.. well don't worry i don't think you get anything in any lenguage ppl might speak to you... is not a matter of words, ideas o grammar with you... yet keep it up!

patricioduco
02-06-2005, 11:28 PM
oh i get it now!! you don't get what ppl talk about that's why all your post are not at all connceted to the forum, its ppl or anything constructive!! well Patricio don't worry, you'll get it in time, just keep trying... the comment was about something a news paper published , and those comments were made by the organization partners, not me... no doubt , for me, the tournament is one of the best , the attendance is huge and i love the fact that is at home (for me)...

if you were refering to my english in particulary.. well don't worry i don't think you get anything in any lenguage ppl might speak to you... is not a matter of words, ideas o grammar with you... yet keep it up!
You keep it up Gaby!!! Just stick something in your ass, I guess you must feel comfy with that!