Favorite Shot to watch Andy hit. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Favorite Shot to watch Andy hit.

Fumus
12-28-2004, 03:27 PM
I still love Andy's forehand, I have tried desperately to copy it. The way he cranks up fires and he leaves the ground. WOWSA...you know that ain't coming back. What's your favorite Roddick shot?

(:secret: pssstt..It doesn't have to be his best shot, it's just your favorite to watch him execute)

Golfnduck
12-28-2004, 03:50 PM
I would have to say the forehand. Just something about that shot that looks great to me. I think he has one of the best forehands on tour.

Havok
12-28-2004, 03:56 PM
Inside out forehand, closely followed by his flat forehand down the line.:drool:

Deboogle!.
12-28-2004, 04:12 PM
slice overhead or any other monster overhead really :drool: :hearts: :inlove:

MissFairy
12-28-2004, 04:23 PM
VOLLEYYYS, because everytime he pulls off a sweet volley, i think :worship: maybe becoz at the moment its quite the rarity, i love his forehand too, him ripping up the line has to be one of my favourite shots in tennis today though.

Black Adam
12-28-2004, 04:40 PM
The overhead :yeah: :drool: ;)
The forehand is also great

Guille_ElMago
12-28-2004, 04:53 PM
THE OVERHEAD SMASH! Always fun to watch him hit one of those.

Fumus
12-28-2004, 05:04 PM
Wow everyone likes the overhead...I like it when he just slams the overhead right in the face of his oppenent and he hits it soo hard they can't do crap except look at the ball shoot off the court like a rocket.

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/1998/08/17/sampras3_340x600.jpg

Better than Pete?

http://www.lequipe.fr/Xml/Tennis/Dossiers/Media/roddick_afp.jpg

missroddickfan
12-28-2004, 05:09 PM
My fav over all is his fantastic forehand :yeah:
But i cant forget the overhead and the serve :) :)

Black Adam
12-28-2004, 05:17 PM
Wow everyone likes the overhead...I like it when he just slams the overhead right in the face of his oppenent and he hits it soo hard they can't do crap except look at the ball shoot off the court like a rocket.

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/1998/08/17/sampras3_340x600.jpg

Better than Pete?

http://www.lequipe.fr/Xml/Tennis/Dossiers/Media/roddick_afp.jpg

Andy has a better Overhead :yeah:
Pete has a better Slam Dunk :worship:

RodFan08
12-28-2004, 05:26 PM
I have to say his forehand. It's great to see him run around and crush it for a winner. To me it's the most attractive to watch, although it's a really violent swing:)

MissFairy
12-28-2004, 05:27 PM
ohh ohh he hit some pretty awesome backhands against hewitt in Queens this year, hewas outside the tramlines and at full stretch...some of the best shots ive seen him play

Jennay
12-28-2004, 05:30 PM
Inside out forehand, closely followed by his flat forehand down the line.:drool:
Me too :inlove:

RodFan08
12-28-2004, 05:31 PM
ohh ohh he hit some pretty awesome backhands against hewitt in Queens this year, hewas outside the tramlines and at full stretch...some of the best shots ive seen him play

He's really improving that shot, isn't he. I mean, 2 years ago I never would expected to see backhands like he's been doing the last couple months:) I think eventually it will become more of a weapon

MissFairy
12-28-2004, 05:34 PM
He's really improving that shot, isn't he. I mean, 2 years ago I never would expected to see backhands like he's been doing the last couple months:) I think eventually it will become more of a weapon

if he can continue to produce shots of that quality more consistently it can only mean good things for his game...and if he can then his game will be :eek: to watch!!!!

RodFan08
12-28-2004, 05:38 PM
if he can continue to produce shots of that quality more consistently it can only mean good things for his game...and if he can then his game will be :eek: to watch!!!!

I know:)

Black Adam
12-28-2004, 05:43 PM
You know guys like John McEnroe, Wetheim and CO spend their time mking predictions on today's tennis but they are worthless or most of the time turn out to be Nonsense :lol: :o ...but Mats Willander only opens his mouth to make predictions that are very useful.
He said Andy will reach is prime in 3 yrs and that even Federer would have to be careful so his present daily improvements will take him to summit of world tennis again :yeah:
I agree that the Backhand is becoming more of a weapon so i think that even before the 3 yrs Wilander is talking about Andy is gonna kick ass quite a lot in the meantime (say winning 70+ matches every season and getting the better of Roger sometimes! :eek: ;) )

MissFairy
12-28-2004, 05:48 PM
You know guys like John McEnroe, Wetheim and CO spend their time mking predictions on today's tennis but they are worthless or most of the time turn out to be Nonsense :lol: :o ...but Mats Willander only opens his mouth to make predictions that are very useful.
He said Andy will reach is prime in 3 yrs and that even Federer would have to be careful so his present daily improvements will take him to summit of world tennis again :yeah:
I agree that the Backhand is becoming more of a weapon so i think that even before the 3 yrs Wilander is talking about Andy is gonna kick ass quite a lot in the meantime (say winning 70+ matches every season and getting the better of Roger sometimes! :eek: ;) )

if he gets the better of roger ANYTIME would count as a job very well done methinks TGS! i like mats wilander alot more now, i wonder why....lol
in that case i think 3 years time, make that 2008, is gonna be my favourite season to date!!!!

RodFan08
12-28-2004, 05:50 PM
if he gets the better of roger ANYTIME would count as a job very well done methinks TGS! i like mats wilander alot more now, i wonder why....lol
in that case i think 3 years time, make that 2008, is gonna be my favourite season to date!!!!

We'll see, I can't predict anything. But maybe it will be that year:yeah:

roisin
12-28-2004, 05:51 PM
the overhead. :yeah: i love the way he just rips into it. ;)

Black Adam
12-28-2004, 05:53 PM
And there's the olympics that year........hmmmm.......I hope Andy will be The A-Rod Playing His A game that Year :yeah: I cannot wait to be in 2008 :lol:

Whatup86
12-28-2004, 06:01 PM
I LOVE his overhead smash, its just awsome! :worship:
I also love his Serve :bigclap:

superpinkone37
12-28-2004, 06:21 PM

His forehand is my favorite to see him hit too. It's just....too good. I like to see him hit volleys because that means he is actually coming to the net for a change and not shanking them or something, lol, but the forehand is still my favorite shot of his.

Deboogle!.
12-28-2004, 06:57 PM
:lol: I'm kinda surprised that no one likes his serve the best. I mean after all, he's just a serve :confused:

superpinkone37
12-28-2004, 07:01 PM
lol yeah :lol: i think the serve take more of an effect on you when you see it in real life

Deboogle!.
12-28-2004, 07:02 PM
lol yeah :lol: i think the serve take more of an effect on you when you see it in real life

HOLY DUCKOLY ain't that the truth!

Gonzo Hates Me!
12-28-2004, 07:04 PM
The two-handed backhand, and any shot on the run, b/c he looks so hot in the moment doing those shots. Or, I like when he runs for a bit out of reach forehand and slices it, and then he starts to skip sideways to get back into the court, and he looks like a sexy blowfish the way he makes his mouth

Jennay
12-28-2004, 07:07 PM
:lol: I'm kinda surprised that no one likes his serve the best. I mean after all, he's just a serve :confused:
:haha:

tangerine_dream
12-28-2004, 08:28 PM
*nobody* can beat Andy's pick-up half volleys. They're so awesome. :hearts:

tangerine_dream
12-28-2004, 08:30 PM

Little Miss Smartass :devil:

Deboogle!.
12-28-2004, 08:34 PM
Little Miss Smartass :devil:

*looks around* :angel: What'chu talkin' 'bout????????????

As for Andy's sometimes-cute half-volleys.... there are like 2482086293570395 people that would beg to differ with you on that :haha:

tangerine_dream
12-28-2004, 08:36 PM
As for Andy's sometimes-cute half-volleys.... there are like 2482086293570395 people that would beg to differ with you on that :haha:

You're not the only one around here who can be a smartass ;)

Deboogle!.
12-28-2004, 08:37 PM
You're not the only one around here who can be a smartass ;)

Huh what? I still don't know what you're talking about! I AM NOT A SMARTASS!!!!!

So there.

:p

roisin
12-28-2004, 09:01 PM
as much as andys serve rules (and it does u no!), his service action irritates me somewhat. i dont know why, but it does.

heya
12-28-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by Debstah
I'm kinda surprised that no one likes his serve the best. I mean after all, he's just a serve
He lost matches because of the new Brad-endorsed serve! How ironic... :p
A 150 mph lightning bolt that never lands in the box.
Baseball-batting disguised as forehands. :ignore:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Guga
The two-handed backhand, and any shot on the run, b/c he looks so hot in the moment doing those shots. Or, I like when he runs for a bit out of reach forehand and slices it, and then he starts to skip sideways to get back into the court, and he looks like a sexy blowfish the way he makes his mouth

Trademark gestures....he should do those things faster and better. Room for improvement... :aplot: :yeah: :devil:

Black Adam
12-28-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by Debstah
I'm kinda surprised that no one likes his serve the best. I mean after all, he's just a serve
He lost matches because of the new Brad-endorsed serve! How ironic... :p
A 150 mph lightning bolt that never lands in the box.
Baseball-batting disguised as forehands. :ignore:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Guga

Trademark gestures....he should do those things faster and better. Room for improvement... :aplot: :yeah: :devil:

I love the serve :kiss: :hearts: but i prefer the forehand and overhead coz i am jelous of his serve coz i cannot immitate it nomatter how hard i try ;) :( :devil:

Breakaway
12-29-2004, 12:53 AM
I say the Forehand. :worship:

Fumus
12-29-2004, 01:04 AM
Yea, I sorta skirted the whole serve thing when I started this thread by saying pick your favorite shot, not the shot that you think is Andy's best..lol...

Leena
12-29-2004, 01:10 AM
I like Andy's serve the best.

As a tennis coach, that works mostly with serves, I appreciate how Andy has perfected his. It's not purely speed, he's learned to hit every serve well now.

I'd like if he would still improve on backing it up better... instead of still feeling comfortable standing by the baseline and hitting a forehand as hard as possible. :p But, whatever.

RoddickBabe10
12-29-2004, 01:11 AM
My favorite is The Serve :bounce: I love that anticipating feeling I get when he serves and IMO, that's his best asset. I also like his forehand and improving backhand :yeah:

Leena
12-29-2004, 01:11 AM
as much as andys serve rules (and it does u no!), his service action irritates me somewhat. i dont know why, but it does.
It worries me too.

He puts extra pressure on his shoulder before he even hits... and then all that force. I'm surprised Andy hasn't had any shoulder problems yet.

Deboogle!.
12-29-2004, 01:12 AM
I'd like if he would still improve on backing it up better... instead of still feeling comfortable standing by the baseline and hitting a forehand as hard as possible. :p But, whatever.

If he doesn't.... I personally will kill him ;)

People have said he might be able to get by without shoulder problems because his motion is actually pretty fluid and technically sound. I was watching a match the other night and Becker said that. Also, Pete made it through his career without any serious shoulder problems. So hopefully Dougie will just keep taking good care of him and *knock on wood* that he makes it through his career ok... :awww:

Fumus
12-29-2004, 01:18 AM

People have said he might be able to get by without shoulder problems because his motion is actually pretty fluid and technically sound. I was watching a match the other night and Becker said that. Also, Pete made it through his career without any serious shoulder problems. So hopefully Dougie will just keep taking good care of him and *knock on wood* that he makes it through his career ok... :awww:

Roddick's style of play won't let him have a long career, he's really fiery and emotional those type of players burnout. pssst:secret:...Jim Courier :eek: ...I think he will burnout long before serious injury hits. Forecasted retirement for Roddick 28.

Deboogle!.
12-29-2004, 01:21 AM
uh... Pssst Johnny Mac, Jimmy Connors?

Fumus
12-29-2004, 01:23 AM
uh... Pssst Johnny Mac, Jimmy Connors?

uh....pssstt different era...cough cough...different type of players....ugh...sneeze...ain't gonna happen...

Deboogle!.
12-29-2004, 01:24 AM
I'm not saying I think you're wrong about Andy's career. I just think it has nothing to do with the fact that he's a fiery and/or emotional player.

Fumus
12-29-2004, 01:29 AM
Roddick's style of play won't let him have a long career, he's really fiery and emotional those type of players burnout.

What I meant by that is Roddick style of play with his big hits, and explosive play doesn't lend itself to a long career, on top of the fact that he is fiery and emotional. He is like a spark of light, a flare that will burnout fast. That's all I mean, someone like Andre, JMac, and Connors can do that because they had much different game types.

Deboogle!.
12-29-2004, 01:30 AM
Andre was pretty crazy and emotional at the beginning. but he learned to tone it down and focus better. If Andy doesn't start to grow up he's screwed. What about someone like Hewitt who pretty much leaves it out there in every match he plays?

MisterQ
12-29-2004, 01:40 AM
I say the forehand, because he can do some amazing things with it. However, I have some reservations, because it annoys me sometimes when he refuses to step inside the court and hit it more flatly.

Fumus
12-29-2004, 01:50 AM
I say the forehand, because he can do some amazing things with it. However, I have some reservations, because it annoys me sometimes when he refuses to step inside the court and hit it more flatly.

Yea...sounds like Andre to me...lol..you also wish he took it on the rise more too..lol..

MisterQ
12-29-2004, 01:55 AM
Yea...sounds like Andre to me...lol..you also wish he took it on the rise more too..lol..

lol, yes. But that might be wishful thinking.. ;)

If the ball is sitting up inside the court though, AR could hit it flatter so it gets from point A to point B faster and doesn't bounce up as much. :dance:

Leena
12-29-2004, 02:06 AM

Pete's motion was perfection. Becker's was not lol... and it led to his wrist problems.

Fumus
12-29-2004, 02:15 AM
lol, yes. But that might be wishful thinking.. ;)

If the ball is sitting up inside the court though, AR could hit it flatter so it gets from point A to point B faster and doesn't bounce up as much. :dance:

I agree...yea Andy doesn't really use spin too much but, you mean if taking the ball early hitting it flat to creat a short angled winner...Andy almost never does that..lol..that's like anti-Roddick, he like swinging to much...and doing that generally requires a-bit more finesse.

Havok
12-29-2004, 04:55 PM
This is what pisses me off. He hits his topspin forehand pretty much harder than others can hit FLAT forehands, so you can only imagine how quick his flat forehand will travel. Hitting that huge inside out forehand (topspin or flat, doesn't matter) is awesome because it's almost always hit for a winner (even if the opponent is standing there or figures Andy's gonna hit it there), but hitting a flat forehand down the line as opposed to going for the huge inside out one is gonna play with people's minds. If Andy would learn how to hit flat on a more regular basis, he would increase his odds at a Wimbledon title, as well as improve his chances vs Federer. If you constantly hit flat bombs, deep to Roger's backhand, he'll rob even more time away from him than what he does now with his topspin forehand. Also returning down the line might be good, as he opts for the crosscourt one way too much. I also like flat tennis better, I'm a sucker for it.:p

Deboogle!.
12-29-2004, 04:58 PM
Naldo, do you think it's that Andy is not capable of hitting flat more often or that he's just too stubborn to do it? (Just curious for your opinion)

Havok
12-29-2004, 04:58 PM
I agree...yea Andy doesn't really use spin too much but, you mean if taking the ball early hitting it flat to creat a short angled winner...Andy almost never does that..lol..that's like anti-Roddick, he like swinging to much...and doing that generally requires a-bit more finesse.
Eek, now you're going overboard here. Hitting an angled shot for a winner, all the while hitting it flat is an extremely hard thing to do. Not many players come to mind when you talk about that shot (Seles, Agassi, Kournikova, Dokic, etc). Andy still doesn't have the capacity to hit a flat angled forehand/backhand for a winner, since he's so used to his big heavy topspin shots.:p

Jennay
12-29-2004, 04:59 PM
This is what pisses me off. He hits his topspin forehand pretty much harder than others can hit FLAT forehands, so you can only imagine how quick his flat forehand will travel. Hitting that huge inside out forehand (topspin or flat, doesn't matter) is awesome because it's almost always hit for a winner (even if the opponent is standing there or figures Andy's gonna hit it there), but hitting a flat forehand down the line as opposed to going for the huge inside out one is gonna play with people's minds. If Andy would learn how to hit flat on a more regular basis, he would increase his odds at a Wimbledon title, as well as improve his chances vs Federer. If you constantly hit flat bombs, deep to Roger's backhand, he'll rob even more time away from him than what he does now with his topspin forehand. Also returning down the line might be good, as he opts for the crosscourt one way too much. I also like flat tennis better, I'm a sucker for it.:p
Flat :rocker2:

Havok
12-29-2004, 05:00 PM
Naldo, do you think it's that Andy is not capable of hitting flat more often or that he's just too stubborn to do it? (Just curious for your opinion)
He's stubborn. Brad taught him to play more percentage tennis, which is hitting topspin since there's a biger margin for error than a flatly hit shot. Don't get me wrong, his topspin is far better than a hell of a lot of other players' flat forehands, but if he wants to turn himself into a much more formidable opponent, especialy vs the top players, mixing in more flat forehands will help him. He definitely can hit flat forehands, those are the forehands that make me go :eek:, but he has refrained from hitting those a tad too much since Gilbert has been his coach.

Fumus
12-29-2004, 05:03 PM

Well it's like you play a certain way for years and years and years...and lol...then one day you decided to change something like that it's hard. Certainly Andy hits flat and with Spin, all pros have a mastery of spin and flat shots beyond our comprehensions. :)

Deboogle!.
12-29-2004, 05:20 PM
Ok... interesting :) Maybe he can work on that with Dean. Don't flat shots especially help on grass and carpet? and he's already good on those surfaces...

Havok
12-29-2004, 05:39 PM
Yes. The flatter you hit, the faster they zip through the court (grass and carpet being the fastest surfaces) and they also stay extremely low, virtually impossible to get back if hit properly and to the corners (though some might get to it, but an easy volley putaway will end it).

Fumus
12-29-2004, 06:20 PM
Guys....it's so clear to me now, my favorite Andy shot is the one he hits to win match point against Roger and take the number one spot. haha

MissFairy
12-29-2004, 06:21 PM
Guys....it's so clear to me now, my favorite Andy shot is the one he hits to win match point against Roger and take the number one spot. haha

:worship: amen! :worship:

Iza
12-29-2004, 07:09 PM
my fave Andy shot is the overhead definitely :hearts: ! But I also like when he jumps after balls@ the net and I also like his forehand.

heya
12-29-2004, 11:13 PM
1 He looked and acted pessimistic about the next match he had to play. Then, he played poorly and with a low level of confidence. The way he predicted..
2 He didn't practice his backhand (imo, down the line bhs are the most effective)
3 Practicing volleys vs. a slow sparring partner doesn't make him a decent volleyer
4 He played basketball hours before playing matches
5 He didn't even practice much and had no REAL coach between 12-16 years old.
6 Between 1999-2000, he joked around, played basketball with Mardy Fish a lot
6 He did nothing the day before important matches. WOW, he lost the next day!! :eek:
Will he have batting practice with Brat McEnroe every USO because he's an American showing off in New York again?

Havok
12-29-2004, 11:57 PM
Erm sorry Skyler but this never happened.:p Unless you're imagining a future point maybe.:)

heya
12-30-2004, 01:07 AM
How about removing the junk in the trunk- 5 pounds from the buttocks, take off the muscle weight and lard?
Serve underhanded?
Take the pace off the ball -serve 95 mph and do flat volleys/angles.

I'm sick of his stubborn habit of blasting 145 mph...
why don't he stop licking the crowd's asses? Take tennis seriously, damn it.
People were laughing when he lost this year.

How about drop shotting? Don't wait until the 3rd set to do that? :retard:
He's been winking a lot at the Bryans and Mardy Fish? hmm, interesting. :lick: :inlove: :kiss:

Deboogle!.
12-30-2004, 01:10 AM
ohmygod HEYA!!!!!!!! Damn I just repped you on a post not as good as this :haha:

*imaginary reps* :worship: this'll have to do

RodFan08
12-30-2004, 02:25 AM
How about removing the junk in the trunk- 5 pounds from the buttocks, take off the muscle weight and lard?
Serve underhanded?
Take the pace off the ball -serve 95 mph and do flat volleys/angles.

I'm sick of his stubborn habit of blasting 145 mph...
why don't he stop licking the crowd's asses? Take tennis seriously, damn it.
People were laughing when he lost this year.

How about drop shotting? Don't wait until the 3rd set to do that? :retard:
He's been winking a lot at the Bryans and Mardy Fish? hmm, interesting. :lick: :inlove: :kiss:

OMG!!! I'm deffinately repping u for that :lol:

Sorry to tell u heya, but I think that 5 pounds, ure talking about, is gonna stay there. I don't think that's gonna change. He's always gonna have that. Or atleast I hope it does :tape: . I don't think it affects his movement dramatically lol

And yeah sticking his vollies, is a must for Andy. Do many times he drop vollies with no success

He really needs to stop going after that first serve over and over again. I mean, we get it, u can hit the hardest serve ever hit, but mix it up once in a while

And about the Byan Twins & Mardy. I don't know what's going on there. they seem very close, to say the least lol

MisterQ
12-30-2004, 02:28 AM
Wow, a 155-mph underhanded serve! :cool: Bet that would fly straight out of the stadium. :lol:

tangerine_dream
12-30-2004, 02:41 AM
this place :haha:

you guys :bigcry:

ok, I'll also add that my favorite shots are his wicked forehand, his awesome serve, and any shot that causes him to fall on his big ol' bubble butt. :lol: I don't know why, but I always crack up whenever he takes a spill. The one he did at Wimbledon was great. :tape:

RodFan08
12-30-2004, 02:43 AM

ok, I'll also add that my favorite shots are his wicked forehand, his awesome serve, and any shot that causes him to fall on his big ol' bubble butt. :lol: I don't know why, but I always crack up whenever he takes a spill. The one he did at Wimbledon was great. :tape:

Me too: :haha: maybe because he's sort of a goofy guy. Come to think of it, he falls quite often. I mean no matter what surface lol

Fumus
12-30-2004, 02:28 PM

Are you kidding me?!? When he fell durning the Nadal match I wanted to cry...I was like :eek: :eek: :eek: You are evil Tangy..truly... :devil:

superpinkone37
12-30-2004, 07:02 PM
Are you kidding me?!? When he fell durning the Nadal match I wanted to cry...I was like :eek: :eek: :eek: You are evil Tangy..truly... :devil:

hahaha....I wasnt about to CRY when he fell, against nadal for example, but i was scared for a second. But all he did during that fall was trip over his own two feet, so in the end that fall was funny lmao.

Deboogle!.
12-30-2004, 07:03 PM
The Nadal one was scary. Sometimes when he falls it's not scary, but the Nadal one was :scared:

Fumus
12-30-2004, 07:09 PM
The Nadal one was scary. Sometimes when he falls it's not scary, but the Nadal one was :scared:

Yep, I agree! Keep Drinking your evil juice Tangerine!

andyroxmysox12191
12-30-2004, 07:25 PM
The Nadal one was :scared: I thought he hurt himself for a sec:s

:rolls: Fumus!

Black Adam
12-30-2004, 10:36 PM
this is how andy hits his Forehands :yeah: :kiss:

heya
12-31-2004, 12:09 AM
Roddick's two-handed backhand vs. Graf's one-handed slice??
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=36660

Mary was asking PMac and Cliff whether Andy might consider switching because Roger seems to have a big advantage over the double handers with his reach. PMac said Andy already hits a 1 handed slice backhand. I think it could be done successfully, but Andy has to be confident to use a topspin drive. Human nature would make him feel uncomfortable trying new things on the court, but if he's confident, he should be able to do it.

tangerine_dream
12-31-2004, 12:22 AM
LOL. I don't drink evil Tangerine juice, Fumus. I didn't say that Andy's fall during DC was funny (although that roll he did was kinda cool ;) ). I'm talking about the oops-I-tripped-over-my-own-feet falls, like the one he did at Wimby. :)

The crash landing he made at USO wasn't fun to watch, either. :scared:

J. Corwin
12-31-2004, 09:03 AM
It has to be his run-around-the-backhand fh down the line. :banana: Followed closely by the overhead smash while standing close to the baseline. ;) The one he did during the 2003 USO final v. Ferrero. :eek: :drool:

Deboogle!.
12-31-2004, 01:51 PM
I have a short videoclip of this slice overhead he did at Wimby... I think it was against Peya, Peya is just running, and the ball just keeps curving away from him... it's un-duckin-believable.

Fumus
12-31-2004, 02:31 PM
haha...I like the duckies...Deb

Aww...I know you aren't evil Tangy...I know it's Tangys love juice....not evil juice....haha

Black Adam
12-31-2004, 03:26 PM
It has to be his run-around-the-backhand fh down the line. :banana: Followed closely by the overhead smash while standing close to the baseline. ;) The one he did during the 2003 USO final v. Ferrero. :eek: :drool:

I didn't get to watch the final :sad: but did he wait for the ball to bounce or it was a direct slam dunk ?

Golfnduck
12-31-2004, 04:11 PM
Andy's overhead is probably one of the best overheads in tennis. The slice overhead was very amazing :eek:

Mowgli
12-31-2004, 08:27 PM
I love the overhead and especially the SERVE :inlove:

J. Corwin
12-31-2004, 09:26 PM
I didn't get to watch the final :sad: but did he wait for the ball to bounce or it was a direct slam dunk ?

I think it bounced.
:)

JCap (who was in the audience) expression afterwards was priceless. ;)

MisterQ
12-31-2004, 09:30 PM
I think it bounced.
:)

JCap (who was in the audience) expression afterwards was priceless. ;)

Where in the match did this occur? (I can try to find it on my tape). :tennis:

Deboogle!.
12-31-2004, 09:37 PM
:sad: I don't remember this at all! Guess I'll have to see the match from someone (hint Fumus)

Black Adam
12-31-2004, 09:43 PM
:sad: I don't remember this at all! Guess I'll have to see the match from someone (hint Fumus)
What?? you do not remember where Andy's biggest win was played? :wavey:
No just kidding..... it took place in flushing meadows in the final of 2003 USO :yeah: didn't get to see it :rolleyes: does any one have a site where i can download it .....even if it takes days to download it coz i only saw the clips and Rod ain't satified with that ;)

Deboogle!.
12-31-2004, 09:46 PM
:lol: Of course I remember the match! But I don't remember the overhead they're talking about. :(

LOL Rod, I'm hoping to borrow it from a friend (hint hint)

Black Adam
12-31-2004, 09:48 PM
:lol: Of course I remember the match! But I don't remember the overhead they're talking about. :(

:wavey: :)

J. Corwin
12-31-2004, 10:49 PM
Where in the match did this occur? (I can try to find it on my tape). :tennis:

In the last set...last few games I think? Good luck. :cool:

J. Corwin
12-31-2004, 10:50 PM

Your post has me so confuzzled, lol. "They're"...yet you're talking to someone was was involved in the convo. lol

Fumus
01-05-2005, 05:16 PM

damn...I am still waiting for my loser friend to copy those dvds for me, I will just send you my dvds and then you can send me yours when you get mine. Then I can send you yours + the new ones I am getting...lol...I will send my dvds today... :)

Deboogle!.
01-05-2005, 05:18 PM
damn...I am still waiting for my loser friend to copy those dvds for me, I will just send you my dvds and then you can send me yours when you get mine. Then I can send you yours + the new ones I am getting...lol...I will send my dvds today... :)

uh.... I didn't understand that at all LMAO... I have to read it a few more times :p

But regardless, make sure you send it to California, I leave here in 2 days.

Fumus
01-05-2005, 05:20 PM
haha...yea you did don't be diffucult. You are a selective poster you know that. I post like 50 things and no responses. I post one to Deb, bamn, instant reply...lol...no lovin'...yea I am sending you then ones I said I would give you. I will send it to Cali no worries.

Fumus
01-05-2005, 05:20 PM
when my friend, lol, if he ever copies them I mean, haha, I will send your dvds back to you...

Deboogle!.
01-05-2005, 05:21 PM
uh what? you know I love you!

It's fine, just wait til you have it all and save yourself time and money and send it all together. :) You're gonna have to remind me what ones you want again, though, cuz it was so long ago I don't remember :p

Fumus
01-05-2005, 05:25 PM
hahah...well when you get mine...

Rogi v. Andy - Canada 03'..."The win"

Andy v. Fishy - Cinncy 03'..."The high five"

ohhh...any others you recommend?

I want to see Andy vs. Andre at queens club...gosh I would love to see that match!!

Deboogle!.
01-05-2005, 05:26 PM
hahah...well when you get mine...

Rogi v. Andy - Canada...we wil just call this match.."The win"

Andy v. Fishy - Cinncy..."The high five"

ohhh...any others you recommend?

I want to see Andy vs. Andre at queens club...gosh I would love to see that match!!

Okay, the first two I have on tapes with other stuff, they're not DVDs.

You are in luck I have the Queens match here at home. I can bring it to LA w/me if I have room in my suitcase.

Fumus
01-05-2005, 05:30 PM
YES!!! Do it Deb...haha..that can be your gift to me because we all know I got you a special suprise!!

Deboogle!.
01-05-2005, 05:31 PM
:scratch: I'll think about it ;)

Fumus
01-05-2005, 05:45 PM
sure sure, let me return your others first. haha...my credit is not good right now.

heya
01-05-2005, 11:18 PM
I'm not the only who needs to smoke pot to figure out what fumus wrote. :scratch:
Then again, millions of posts, including mine, don't make sense either. :tape:

Deboogle!.
01-05-2005, 11:40 PM
I'm not the only who needs to smoke pot to figure out what fumus wrote. :scratch:

:haha: but we love you, and your poetic posts!

Golfnduck
01-05-2005, 11:56 PM
LOL!!! I usually have my heya translator with me so I can understand some of your posts. I've also just created a sigmagirl translator so I can understand what she is always babbling about.

heya
01-06-2005, 12:06 AM
Not quite poems. Just rants. :o
Troll poems/songs in GM about Andy are worst than my rants. :o :ignore:
Andy has to take control of his game now to shut up all the people who think he can't win 2-3 slams a year. I'm losing interest in tennis because of the super-arrogant players, lack of coverage and bad commentators.
Only a few players like Andy are fun and capable of winning slams, etc.

J. Corwin
01-06-2005, 07:23 AM

You have an interesting way with words. ;):lol::cool:

J. Corwin
01-06-2005, 07:24 AM

What do you mean? I :smoke: always :smoke: understand you. :smoke:

;):hug: