Tournements that Andy is due to win! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tournements that Andy is due to win!

Fumus
12-23-2004, 05:43 PM
I would say the number 1 tourny Andy is due to win is Wimbly :) , second to that is probably Aussie Open :) .

He always plays really well at both and has had some great matches at both. I hope this year, he gets his dues because he has paid them.

My list then goes like this...

1.Wimbledon
2.Austrailian Open
3.Masters Cup
4.Any European clay event...lol...any will do. :o

Golfnduck
12-23-2004, 05:46 PM
I agree that the #1 tournament he is due to win is Wimbledon. The second would be AO. Then IMO the Indian Wells AMS.

k-rod83
12-23-2004, 05:46 PM
i voted wimby...with his serve...and the improving volleys...its looking good,

obviously federer will have to get knocked out early as i cant see andy beating him

Fumus
12-23-2004, 05:48 PM
I agree that the #1 tournament he is due to win is Wimbledon. The second would be AO. Then IMO the Indian Wells AMS.

Yea..Indian Wells would be nice, but the Masters Cup would be nicer. :)

Jennay
12-23-2004, 05:52 PM
The French Open, duh. ;)

superpinkone37
12-23-2004, 05:54 PM
awww that would be cool if he won IW, cuz I will be there lol

Havok
12-23-2004, 06:42 PM
Wimbledon, obviously.:p

Then IW, would be awesome to see him win all 4 TMS events played on outdoor hardcourts. Plus the weather conditions should really favor him, though he needs to stop losing dumb matches there (03 QF to Rainer and 04 QF to Henman).

zoltan83
12-23-2004, 06:52 PM
The French Open, duh. ;)
:lol:

Wimbledon.

Black Adam
12-23-2004, 07:25 PM
Wimby hands down :yeah: and its gonna happen next year coz of late i do not stop having dreams of Andy holding that golden trophy with a large standing ovation behind( including the umpire and linesmen, ball boys even cheering him meaning his perfomance would have been quit extraordinary ;) :))him.( actually I had that dream twice so far!) But starting with a win at AO would be also good :worship:

Black Adam
12-23-2004, 07:32 PM
Wow....... my dreams are really extreme :)

heya
12-23-2004, 09:38 PM
1.Wimbledon, Halle-even John McEnroe can win this
2.Austrailian Open
3.Masters Cup
4.Clay events, including minor ones
5.Everything else

There's Smarty Andy, who never slows down. He mows down his damn heroes too.
He never underestimates any opponent & never overestimates himself.

There's Bad Andy, the impressionable one who pretends he's stupid.
He tells himself, " I can afford to lose to people I respect."
This shallow, lazy, weak guy likes to date any smily girl who desperately beckons for attention.

Iza
12-23-2004, 10:01 PM
The French Open, duh. ;)
http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/froehlich/lol01.gif
nah let's be serious. I think he can win Queens, a few hardcourt TMS's, NO clay European tournaments (apart from St. Poelten http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/froehlich/6925.gif ). I also think he can win AO or USO but I don't think he can beat Rogi in Wimby unless the Swiss gets injured or smthg like that.

Deboogle!.
12-23-2004, 10:17 PM
If we're talking about tourneys that Andy hasn't yet won that it's "time" for him to win, obviously I'm gonna go with the majority and say Wimby with AO a relatively close 2nd. I'd also really like to see him snag one of the indoor TMS titles - or actually any title on carpet. It's really time he win one :retard: And as others have said, IW. B/c it's the only North American Masters that he's missing, and the conditions there are so much faster than in Miami yet, as Naldo said, he has :bs: losses there :o

heya
12-23-2004, 10:18 PM
I'm deeply touched. :bigcry:
All these people must be proud that Andy doesn't have as much hunger, experience and physical advantages:
Mario ANCIC Juan Carlos FERRERO Marat SAFIN Gael MONFILS Tim HENMAN
Paul-Henri MATHIEU Feliciano LOPEZ David NALBANDIAN Roger FEDERER Igor ANDREEV

Iza
12-23-2004, 10:20 PM
i don't understand yer post heya :silly: <- me

heya
12-23-2004, 10:53 PM
IW-
Just like elsewhere, Andy was too busy showing off 143 mph serves, even with poor fitness. Then, he did that again in Masters Cup against Schuttler.
He lost a matchpoint in Legg Mason '03. He kept slicing the ball badly in Paris '03.
As a result, happy-go-lucky Andy Wiener tragically ruined the overhead after kissing up to Henman. (IW)
Wiener isn't Jimmy Connors, that's for sure.
On the bright side, Andy let it be known that he's no one's bitch.
Safin & Haas found out fast.
The future decides his life, not the past.

Don't mind me, iza. I like to smack Andy around.

Deboogle!.
12-23-2004, 10:57 PM
On the bright side, Andy let it be known that he's no one's bitch.
Safin & Haas found out fast.

Yeah, this was one of the best things of his year... three straight wins over Safin, two of them after Safin hit his form and was really playing great, should really be good for his confidence. Same with beating Haas twice in a row finally :)

The future decides his life, not the past.

:yeah: Heya, I love you. So let's look towards the future. I'm very excited about Dean Goldfine, what do you think?

andyroxmysox12191
12-23-2004, 11:58 PM
I'm going with Wimby :)

PinkFeatherBoa
12-24-2004, 01:21 PM
I went with the popular option but he can only have it if Tim can have the French Open. :angel: Otherwise, the Aus open would be a tournie he should win.

Golfnduck
12-24-2004, 04:01 PM
If Andy won the French, I think I would fall over and die of shock. But I would be bouncing off the walls with joy.

heya
12-24-2004, 07:19 PM
http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsandscores/news/2004/federer_responses.asp
More Bullcrap. Clueless people spouting off about Andy's lack of skills.
They obviously haven't seen his true potential and they haven't seen how brainwashed, completely weak & lazy he was after he won USO.

It will be A TRAGIC WASTE OF TIME if Goldfine makes Andy negative and scared of opponents. Andy looked distracted and moved stiffly when he was around Gilbert, McEnroe and other timid people.

Joachim Johansson is a major force to reckon with in 2005 and Federer needs to watch out for this young man's brutal forehand (that took Roddick out of the US Open). He is improving by the match and also has a good all round game, yet I think Federer will prevail through the course of the year. The only way Hewitt, Safin or Roddick can beat Federer is when they play their A plus game and Federer plays his C minus game. Anything beyond that will be a massacre on Federer's part.
-Ram Praveen

Black Adam
12-24-2004, 07:48 PM
http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsandscores/news/2004/federer_responses.asp
More Bullcrap. Clueless people spouting off about Andy's lack of skills.
They obviously haven't seen his true potential and they haven't seen how brainwashed, completely weak & lazy he was after he won USO.

It will be A TRAGIC WASTE OF TIME if Goldfine makes Andy negative and scared of opponents. Andy looked distracted and moved stiffly when he was around Gilbert, McEnroe and other timid people.

Joachim Johansson is a major force to reckon with in 2005 and Federer needs to watch out for this young man's brutal forehand (that took Roddick out of the US Open). He is improving by the match and also has a good all round game, yet I think Federer will prevail through the course of the year. The only way Hewitt, Safin or Roddick can beat Federer is when they play their A plus game and Federer plays his C minus game. Anything beyond that will be a massacre on Federer's part.
-Ram Praveen

:confused: i thought i saw that somme where on general messages :o :(

MissFairy
12-24-2004, 07:55 PM
i went with wimbly-don, just one more step andy, go on do it in '05 (ahem federer dya mind? lol)

heya
12-24-2004, 08:14 PM
I guess the desperate boneheads in the media are as stupid as anti-Andy trolls. :rolleyes:

Don't worry about Duck Hunt. They want to get a reaction from you and to bump that thread up with the other trash threads.
The Roddick Depreciation thread was renamed to "Duck Hunt" by Rebecca.
She even admitted to me that she didn't appreciate the rude remarks that weren't
"light-hearted."
Hypocritical of her..of course.
She bet her money on Nalbandian during USO semifinal '03, so she started mocking and insulting fans here & @WTAWORLD. She's a David fan...
Fedex, rosie, sigmagirl, georgewhitler..etc. share her double standards.

J. Corwin
12-24-2004, 10:16 PM
Definitely Wimbledon, as I think his game is almost better suited for grass than it is for hardcourts now. :wavey: And it's not like Roger is much easier to dispose of on hardcourts now either. ;) So if Andy continues to make his one-step improvements at Wimby, he "should" win it next year. ;)

AO or Paris TMS comes in second, imo. Personally I thought Andy would have won that tournament (Paris Bercy) last year had he eeked out that close loss to Tim in the semis. Carpet suits his game perfectly and I don't know why he hasn't snatched a title there yet (probably the European tourney thing, ya know).

Andy's resume lacks breadth (when compared to his depth) so it'd be nice for him to win IW or another European clay tourney. He was almost due for a big win after his 2002 Rome showing but I guess he sacrificed his clay game for grass. *sarcasm, I think*

Then of course I'd love to see him 3-peat at Queens or Indy. This doesn't really go under the "which title is he overdue/due to win" but winning these would put him with only a select list of players who have won any tournament 3 times, much less 3-in-a-row.

Deboogle!.
12-24-2004, 10:34 PM
I know what you mean about 3-peat. I'd like to see him do it too, just b/c it's :cool: :yeah: I'd especially like it to be Queens, b/c it's a tourney with a great history, but there are so many players who play well on grass now, it's going to be hard.

If Andy keeps improving his volleying/transition game and keeps getting more comfortable on it, he will be VERY hard to beat on grass IMO. but he's gotta keep doing it and he's gotta keep increasing his fitness and stuff. Just getting fitter will help on clay, and I guess I'm kinda hoping against hope that the fact that he could hang with top clay-courters on their home turf on the absolute slowest clay-court possible will have given him a little confidence.

i was watching Andy's USO 2002 Match against Chela and courier made the comment how Andy really was still uncomfortable in Europe at that point (so he was like late 19/almost 20 at that point) and that he could play much better at home where he wasn't "homesick" (yes, Jim used that word)... I think that now he's 22/almost 23 when he's in Europe - this is no excuse anymore. There are some players like the Aussies, Asians, and South Americans (among others of course) who almost never, if EVER, get to play at home. So he's just gotta suck it up and deal with it and learn to be more comfortable there. It's not like he's unpopular in any of those places - he gets nice crowd reaction pretty much everywhere he goes. So there's no reason for him to be uncomfortable anymore. I think in Paris last year, he was also really reaching exhaustion stage and he just couldn't pull out those tiebreaks. This is another reason he needs to be more careful with his scheduling in the future!

Plus, for the next several years (at least), TMC is going to be waaaaaay overseas, so yea, it's time to step up.

Jennay
12-25-2004, 12:44 AM
Definitely Wimbledon, as I think his game is almost better suited for grass than it is for hardcourts now. :wavey: And it's not like Roger is much easier to dispose of on hardcourts now either. ;) So if Andy continues to make his one-step improvements at Wimby, he "should" win it next year. ;)
Just interested, why do you think this Jace? :)

heya
12-25-2004, 02:00 AM
Apr 3 2002
Andy Roddick while obviously talented and driven doesn't have the
physical constitution to have a BIG career in the men's game. He may
win a couple slams ala Rafter, but he'll never be a Sampras or an
Agassi IMO. At the ripe old age of 19 he's already crashed out of 2
grand slams with injuries.

Some of Roddick's implosions:
Cramps, Roland Garros 2001, Almost lost to Chang because of cramping
Strained Hamstring, Roland Garros 2001, retires against Hewitt in the
QF
Sprained Ankle, Cincinatti TMS 2001, loses to kuerten 1st round
7-6,6-1 probably because of ankle.
Swollen Right Foot, Hong Kong Salem Open 2001, retires 1st round
Injured Ankle, Australian Open 2002, retires 2nd round

I hope he proves me wrong, but it appears the genetic makeup just
isn't there for the A-Rod.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.sport.tennis/browse_thread/thread/fd48e0ffb48a2f69/dcbb1b0963f0a0fe?q=andy+roddick&_done=%2Fgroups%3Fq%3Dandy+roddick%26start%3D10%26&_doneTitle=Back+to+Search&&d#dcbb1b0963f0a0fe

Deboogle!.
12-25-2004, 02:06 AM
He had a ton of injury problems early in his career, but since he's started wearing the ankle braces and stuff like that, it hasn't been a problem. He hasn't had that problem since Delray in 2003, thank goodness. he made it through 2004 with nothing major. Thank god and knock on wood that he can have more years like this. If he keeps Dougie on staff and keeps improving his fitness, he should be able to stay relatively injury-free.

Something else that Jim Courier said in the 2002 USO match against Chela is that he was kinda fragile but that as he kept growing and improving his fitness that he'd get stronger and have less injury problems. So far, that has turned out to be true. *knocks on wood again and crosses fingers*

J. Corwin
12-25-2004, 08:14 AM
Just interested, why do you think this Jace? :)

His serve, his improving volleys, his increasing confidence and belief on it, and most of all, the turn in results (relative grass versus hardcourts results)? lol :)

I think his groundstrokes and blocky returns penetrate a little bit more and stay low as well.

Neely
12-25-2004, 02:11 PM
Wimbledon, of course!!!!

(for Andy) Wimbledon is three times more important than any fucking European claycourt event and RG together and, more importantly, it's the kind of surface Andy is naturally successful.

He can care for winning on European clay after he has won Wimbledon... so far it would be enough if he improved that much on clay that he doesn't bow out in the 1st/2nd rounds of most clay tournaments again next season. Making it to a few clay TMS quarters and maybe a 4th round at Roland Garros would be enough so far, IMO.

Black Adam
12-25-2004, 02:45 PM
Wimbledon, of course!!!!

Wimbledon is three times more important than any fucking European claycourt event and RG together and, more importantly, it's the kind of surface Andy is naturally successful.

He can care for winning on European clay after he has won Wimbledon... so far it would be enough if he improved that much on clay that he doesn't bow out in the 1st/2nd rounds of most clay tournaments again next season. Making it to a few clay TMS quarters and maybe a 4th round at Roland Garros would be enough so far, IMO.

Agreed as long as he passes 3 rounds at FO i am happy for him :yeah:

Deboogle!.
12-25-2004, 02:59 PM
Making it to a few clay TMS quarters and maybe a 4th round at Roland Garros would be enough so far, IMO.

Yes that would be enough for me to stay a fan ;) I agree, he needs to win wimby first :p

Havok
12-25-2004, 04:22 PM
He should learn to play more flately, especially on that forehand side. Then he would be a bitch to play on grass.:D

missroddickfan
12-25-2004, 04:28 PM
WIMBLEDON. of course i hope that he'll also win the others especially the aussie open this january. but i think that he's due to win wimbly cos he has already shown what he can do on grass this year. :)

heya
12-25-2004, 07:47 PM
Too bad I have to look away while these Masters talk:
John Mc- "Wahh, my TV show was yanked."
PMac- ( :kiss: )( :bigcry: ) Did I say how valuable I am, Andy?
Drysdale- "Andy's just a serve. I don't know if he'll do anything else."
Mal Washington- "Andy tried his best and still lost because he just sucks, with or without experience. Everyone on clay is a genius, compared to him..wahhh."
Mary Carillo- Self-righteous
Enberg....Oh my

RoddickBabe10
12-25-2004, 11:37 PM
I'm going with Wimbledon. Andy has shown what he can do this year at the F against Federer and he has a very good game on grass. It would be nice for him to win the AO this January as well but IMO, he is DOOMED to win Wimbly this year over any of the other GS just because he's shown that he could win it and hopefully he stays healthy and steps up a little more for '05. Good luck, Andy!

heya
12-25-2004, 11:56 PM
2 years ago, people were sure that his worst surface was grass.
Andy hated grass just because he played only several matches. What a naive boy. LOL

heya
12-26-2004, 12:32 AM
I was wondering why Bob Bryan/Spadea weren't allowed to play in the DC final.
Andy and Mardy couldn't put a ball on the court. :scared: How sad.

Fumus
12-28-2004, 02:25 PM
Ohhh...god someone send me a Heya translator.

heya
12-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Andy made me mad this year... Isn't that obvious?
I have to read this from tennis experts:
Roddick can only win when he plays his A plus game while others play horrendously.

Can anyone be really sure of that? Andy definitely didn't play his A plus game this year.

I may be nutty and wrong, but how do you describe some people who don't admit they're narrow-minded? It's not like I aspire to be GWH and Fedex.
;)

MissFairy
12-28-2004, 08:21 PM
heya i think narrow mindedness breeds blindness unfortunately...this is why these people are so bloody aggrevating, they wont admit it so you just have to grit your teeth and leave it (bloody annoying as it is)

Gonzo Hates Me!
12-28-2004, 08:29 PM
Wimbledon!!! I want him to win that so much!! And as spectacular as Federer is, I don't see him hogging it up the way Sampras did. Sampras is the greatest. Ahem. God, Andy was so close this year too, and he just had to fuck it all up, didn't he. Rain delay my aaaaassssss

tangerine_dream
12-28-2004, 08:34 PM
I don't think Andy is "overdue" for wins yet (he's only 22 :) ) but he has still yet to hit his peak and when he does, my useless crystal ball says that he will be Wimbledon and Australian Open champion. :yeah:

One or two euro clay tournament wins would be nice, too. :lol:

Black Adam
12-28-2004, 09:24 PM
I don't think Andy is "overdue" for wins yet (he's only 22 :) ) but he has still yet to hit his peak and when he does, my useless crystal ball says that he will be Wimbledon and Australian Open champion. :yeah:

If you wanna know when he is gonna heat peak read what we have writen on this page http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=23285&page=2&pp=15

do not worry next year's wimby is ours :yeah: :cool:
And make sure in 2008 you do not miss the Big One! Its somethin to look forward to :worship: :lol:

Golfnduck
12-28-2004, 09:31 PM

Well...maybe Wimbly is overdue, he has been very close to winning it before, Federer stopped him in 2003 and 2004

Jennay
12-28-2004, 09:36 PM
Good point Jenny :)

Fumus
12-29-2004, 01:08 AM
actually I would say Andy is overdue for a tourny win period, I mean the thing he won was crappy ass RCA. So let's start it off in dohahahaha....

Deboogle!.
12-29-2004, 01:09 AM
Fumigator, Andy is not playing a real tourney til the AO.

Fumus
12-29-2004, 01:21 AM
Fumigator, Andy is not playing a real tourney til the AO.

well poo poo on you... :devil:

Deboogle!.
12-29-2004, 01:25 AM
What, it's MY fault?? LMFAO!

Fumus
12-29-2004, 01:30 AM
haha...it's your double fault!!

Jennay
12-29-2004, 01:37 AM
Oh my. :lol:

williaer
12-29-2004, 02:00 AM
i think andy will win wimby and the ao this year (plus many other minor tourneys)

i hope he wins the ao, cus im going to the final!!!!!!!!! it would be awesome if it was roddick vs federer, cus when he kicks fed's ass, it'll be sweet!!! :devil:

Black Adam
12-29-2004, 08:42 AM
i think andy will win wimby and the ao this year (plus many other minor tourneys)

i hope he wins the ao, cus im going to the final!!!!!!!!! it would be awesome if it was roddick vs federer, cus when he kicks fed's ass, it'll be sweet!!! :devil:

Do not worry.....Nobody beats andy roddick 5 times in a row so if that happens make sure you enjoy it :worship: ;)

MissFairy
12-29-2004, 12:33 PM
Do not worry.....Nobody beats andy roddick 5 times in a row so if that happens make sure you enjoy it :worship: ;)

oui oui i love that rule of his! :) but yknow i wouldnt mind it if it was more like: noone beats andy twice in a row...wouldnt that be awesome??
(i was gonna say beat 'if noone beat andy ever' but i have to give leeway for the clay :lol: )

Fumus
12-29-2004, 01:49 PM
Sappy Bud Collins statement:

"One tournement Andy isn't due to win is the one in our hearts, he's already won that over many times"

MissFairy
12-29-2004, 02:09 PM

"One tournement Andy isn't due to win is the one in our hearts, he's already won that over many times"

what a hallmark moment!!

Black Adam
12-29-2004, 02:21 PM
what a hallmark moment!!

Agreed :yeah: ;)

Jennay
12-29-2004, 04:46 PM

:haha: That is so cute.

J. Corwin
12-31-2004, 10:39 AM

We now know who Bud's Valentine's sweets are going to. :lol:

tangerine_dream
12-31-2004, 05:25 PM
:lol: Jace

That quote reminds me of Wimbledon; when Roger walked away with the trophy but Andy won their hearts. Very cool.

And as Deb said, Andy will win RG 10 times. Because Tommy Robredo will also make the RG finals 10 times. :angel:

Deboogle!.
12-31-2004, 05:28 PM
No no tangy, Robredo will only make the final 8 times. Kiefer will make it once and Malisse will make it once ;)

tangerine_dream
12-31-2004, 05:29 PM
:haha: :bigcry: Deb you're on a roll! :bowdown:

Deboogle!.
12-31-2004, 05:30 PM
LMFAO I'm really feeling silly today, and I don't know why!! You should get on MSN!

Fumus
12-31-2004, 06:03 PM
No no tangy, Robredo will only make the final 8 times. Kiefer will make it once and Malisse will make it once ;)

lol..what about Robby?

BAMJ6
12-31-2004, 06:33 PM
Here's Roddick's unclaimed GS chances (He'll never win the French Open as much as i think he's Agassi's successor as the next immediate USA great)

He'll win the AO in 2006 (Andre wins 2005 AO in his farewell tour)
He'll get Wimby after Tim Henman does. (Hey if Ivanisevic can pull it off, why not Henman)

tangerine_dream
12-31-2004, 07:41 PM
Bam, are you a Henman fan too. :wavey: I really like Tim's style of play and I'd love to see him win a major title. Britain would implode from the excitement. :lol:

BAMJ6
12-31-2004, 08:22 PM
Bam, are you a Henman fan too. :wavey: I really like Tim's style of play and I'd love to see him win a major title. Britain would implode from the excitement. :lol:

Not really, but i'm rooting for him in Wimby cause i'd love to see a homer win Wimbledon.

Fumus
01-27-2005, 01:13 PM
bump...how about now? Is he finally due this slam?

Deboogle!.
01-27-2005, 02:23 PM
If Marat is playing well enough to beat Roger in 5 sets, I think he'll win. And Andy needs to get through Lleyton first, I don't want to think that far ahead.

heya
01-27-2005, 02:52 PM
Marat missed a lot of 1st serves and had to save break points at 15-40.
He also went down 0-30 several times before serving his way out of that.

Marat was down 5-2 in the tiebreak 4th set.
Federer missed 1st serves & double faulted, then hit the ball between his legs to lose his match point. He managed to serve 22 aces.

4 hours and 28 minutes

Iheartandy&roger
01-27-2005, 04:53 PM
Well it's basically any tournament that he hasn't won before that he's due to win. It would be nice if he could win Wimbledon this year.

Tytta!.
01-27-2005, 06:34 PM
As Deb said... let's think about Lleyton first and then we think far ahead :)

snaillyyy
01-27-2005, 06:42 PM
I am trying not to think to much about tonights match :rolleyes:

Tytta!.
01-27-2005, 06:46 PM
That's the best thing to do ;)

Golfnduck
01-27-2005, 07:16 PM
As Deb said... let's think about Lleyton first and then we think far ahead :)
Yes Andy has to beat Lleyton before he can beat Safin.