Bye-bye Gilbert. Welcome back visor and old style? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Bye-bye Gilbert. Welcome back visor and old style?

Pages : [1] 2

aceit
12-21-2004, 09:43 PM
Do you think that his style will go back to being more relaxed again and he will wear the occasional backwards hat when he feels like it or maybe even the visor?

I doubt the visor will return ( :sad: ) because there was this documentary on TV where Andy was saying how Gilbert told him to stop looking like a golf player, this is tennis, and Andy seemed to agree now. He almost always wore his hat backwards at an awards cerimony, so he might wear them on the court again.

Any thoughts? I got the idea while looking at some old Andy pictures. Feel free to post your favorite pictures of Andy's style on the court. I know there is a picture thread, but you can post them here too. :)

momentlost
12-21-2004, 09:55 PM
hmm that's something to ponder. i like andy with a hat (backwards or forwards), but not the trucker hat! the visor makes him look too young.

eh whatever he wants to do :)

aceit
12-21-2004, 10:00 PM
the visor makes him look too young.

eh whatever he wants to do :)

Of course it is entirely his decision (unless his coach wants something special from him), but I do agree that he may be a little too old for the visor.

But just bring that orange visor for one match, Andy. Please. :p I loved that silly little thing.

momentlost
12-21-2004, 10:20 PM
as long as he doesn't bring back that fugly headband i've seen him wear once or twice. its not flattering. at all. :lol:

aceit
12-21-2004, 10:26 PM
as long as he doesn't bring back that fugly headband i've seen him wear once or twice. its not flattering. at all. :lol:

:eek: He looked so good in it! I don't think that he would look so great in it anymore, though.

momentlost
12-21-2004, 10:29 PM
:eek: He looked so good in it! I don't think that he would look so great in it anymore, though.

haha. i thought he looked like a doofus. and yeah, if he brought it back, he'd look worse.

Jennay
12-22-2004, 12:31 AM
Yes! Bring it back, just for Deb! :banana:

;)

Golfnduck
12-22-2004, 12:40 AM
I would think the backwards cap would come back, or the trucker hat will stay. The visor might not look so good now.

aceit
12-22-2004, 12:59 AM
I would think the backwards cap would come back, or the trucker hat will stay. The visor might not look so good now.

I had the same thought. Either way, he's still gorgeous. :hearts: Umm...and as long as his tennis is good, it dosen't matter what he's wearing on his head. ;)

Havok
12-22-2004, 02:35 AM
He'll stick with the trucker hat and opt for the backwards hat more often than he did when gilbert was coaching him. I think the visor days are over.:p

Deboogle!.
12-22-2004, 02:37 AM
I hope he doesn't bring back the visor b/c I always thought it was :retard: but I hope he brings back sort of some of the "Free spirit" approach with which he played before Brad. I know Brad calmed him down a lot in a lot of ways but it seemed to also sap some of his energy. I just go back to thinking about the Thailand Open and how freely he played there. I don't know if it's b/c Brad wasn't there or just b/c he went there and had no expectations and could play freely, but there was a visible difference in Andy's demeanor and his game.

superpinkone37
12-22-2004, 02:38 AM
yeah just because gilbert was the one who told him to get rid of the visor i doubt its ever coming back. i agree with naldo, i think he will just stick with the trucker hat and maybe the backwards hat like he did in thailand this year.

heya
12-22-2004, 04:05 AM
Either no hat or just bandanna is better.
I really hate whenever he sweats, he removes the hat so much. It distracts him a lot.

Remember how tired he looked because he pulled his shirt up constantly.
I don't think he calmed down at all. He always fidgeted around before receiving serves.
From now on, he better wait 10 seconds before serving.

Fumus
12-22-2004, 05:04 AM
Old-style...yes...sometimes...visor...no..I think he's past that...although no hat and crazy hair cool with me...

aceit
12-22-2004, 08:36 PM
I hope he brings back sort of some of the "Free spirit" approach with which he played before Brad.

I totally agree.

RodFan08
12-22-2004, 09:58 PM
I wish he would go back to the visor. I don't think it made him look young at all. I just though it was cool because he was the only guy wearing it and the way he spiked his hair. To me it looks way better than than the trycker hat. To be honest, I'm bored with it now.

I hope he remembers how good he looked in that visor. It would be great to see him wear it starting 2005, but for some reason I doubt it :( :sad:

Deboogle!.
12-22-2004, 10:05 PM
I just watched a match from 2002 with the visor... trust me, it makes him look young and punk. it's cute, don't get me wrong, but it's immature-looking IMO. Like others have said, at night and indoors and stuff I'd love to see him go to the backwards hat. He looked so so cute in Thailand wearing it. But he wears the hat for sun when he's outside and stuff, so I expect that he would continue with the trucker hat. Plus he's made that trucker hat REALLY popular and I'm sure Reebok has sold a lot of them, so he's probably getting paid puh-lenty to wear it ;)

aceit
12-22-2004, 11:35 PM
Do you know why he wore the backwards hat in Thailand? Was Brad not there?

Deboogle!.
12-22-2004, 11:44 PM
Actually, Brad was not there. But it was also his first indoor tourney since like February so I don't know if you can really chalk it up to that lmfao

heya
12-22-2004, 11:48 PM
He was shown playing in Thailand (ATP Tennis Show).
He was exhausted after playing Davis Cup and injured his elbow again.
He couldn't run and he knew his shots were no good, so he just gave up.

Deboogle!.
12-22-2004, 11:50 PM
he wasn't exhausted from DC, he was exhausted from flying from South Carolina to Thailand and having less than 24 hours to play his first match. And he certainly did not give up in the match against Marat, he fought as well as I've ever seen him in that match.

Heya, why do you hate Andy playing DC so much? It's so obvious that he loves it...

heya
12-23-2004, 12:29 AM
I'm selfish to want him to break serves and to win a tourney final, especially
since he didn't reach another final after the RCA win.
I didn't appreciate that he kept serving really hard even when he was in pain, before the 6-0 set. :sad: His health is a big concern.

It was his fault that he waited a day to travel to Thailand.
Didn't he sleep 2 hours in the locker room?
He needed smelling salt in the 1st match and was surprised that he won some matches.
It was his fault that he didn't make the semifinal easier.

7-6 6-7 (0-7) 7-6 may be entertaining, but he hesitated a lot in the 2nd/3rd sets.

Havok
12-23-2004, 01:39 AM
I'm selfish to want him to break serves and to win a tourney final, especially
since he didn't reach another final after the RCA win.
I didn't appreciate that he kept serving really hard even when he was in pain, before the 6-0 set. :sad: His health is a big concern.

It was his fault that he waited a day to travel to Thailand.
Didn't he sleep 2 hours in the locker room?
He needed smelling salt in the 1st match and was surprised that he won some matches.
It was his fault that he didn't make the semifinal easier.

7-6 6-7 (0-7) 7-6 may be entertaining, but he hesitated a lot in the 2nd/3rd sets.
TMS Canada, and Thailand Open. :retard:

Deboogle!.
12-23-2004, 01:45 AM
but IMO those things are not because he plays DC. You think he didn't win another tourney after Indy because he plays DC? I'm asking just b/c I'm curious. I just don't see that, to this point anyway, DC has adversely affected his own singles results.

Whatup86
12-23-2004, 02:21 AM
Andy looked sexy hot wearing the visor :devil: , but I like the truker hats too. :D

heya
12-23-2004, 03:38 AM
Oh yes, of course, I blocked out that electrifying Toronto final when
my house lost electricity right before the match.
The grimace on his face was enough to make me forget.:tape:

Havok
12-23-2004, 05:06 AM
It depends on his results and whether or not they can reach the DC final.
They'll play no matter what, but if I were them, I'd care a lot more about winning
titles/slams.

Who knows if Andy/Mardy will do much on clay?
Why expect a DC clay win vs. a great clay nation if there's no effort in Rome/Monte Carlo/Hamburg?
I noticed their anxiety in Spain.
I didn't enjoy it and I don't think Andy
had confidence. He expressed that he wasn't good on clay.
Wouldn't it piss you off too if you sucked in 5 setters all year, even on hardcourt? Then you cross your fingers, and put on a brave face when you lose in a hostile DC clay stadium?

When he fails to beat top players and loses to someone ranked #90, the media and players won't respect him. Sure, the players get excited over his "upset defeat," but
they won't consider Andy as a guy who could beat anyone.
It doesn't matter if he loses in Memphis or Davis Cup.

It doesn't matter if Andy becomes superb in 2007 'cuz everything will be tougher as stronger players join the tour.
I think some poor souls here on MTF take more joy and comfort in his upsets/defeats/losses moreso than actual tour players do to be honest.:rolls:

Iheartandy&roger
12-23-2004, 07:45 AM
That'd be nice to see the visor again but we'll see. Andy looks good anyway.

Black Adam
12-23-2004, 08:53 AM
It doesn't matter if Andy becomes superb in 2007 'cuz everything will be tougher as stronger players join the tour
I actually think that only Safin and Scud are the only tennis players who are stronger than Andy.

Deboogle!.
12-23-2004, 01:43 PM
It depends on his results and whether or not they can reach the DC final.
They'll play no matter what, but if I were them, I'd care a lot more about winning
titles/slams.

I pretty much agree with what you've said, except what I quoted. Winning titles and slams are what WE want for those guys. But they really want to win Davis Cup and if they want to make that choice I guess we just have to grin and bear it and cheer for the team. They really want it, and it seems unfair of us to judge their priorities if it's really what they want.

star
12-23-2004, 02:01 PM
So............ following that logic........

If what Andy wants is to eat pizza, go to late night parties, and smoke cigarettes, it would seem unfair of us to judge his priorities if it's really what he wants.

Nah..... I can't agree with that. Clearly nothing said on this board is going to influence Andy Roddick one bit. It's just a place where fans say what they think. I can't see how it's "unfair" for me or anyone else to say they disagree with Andy's priorities. He's going to do what he wants despite what anyone says here.

Deboogle!.
12-23-2004, 02:09 PM
I don't think it's the same thing to not judge his decision to make DC a priority and to not judge his decisions that are bad for his fitness, health, etc - I never said it was an over-arching logic, just about DC. To me there is an obvious difference. Heya can think or say whatever she wants, and if she thinks playing DC is really detrimental to him then that's her opinion. I'm just saying that I personally am not going to judge Andy's decision to make DC a priority because I don't think it's something harmful. I wasn't saying anyone had to agree with me, cuz that would be dumb.

star
12-23-2004, 02:15 PM
Sure that's fine.

I disagreed with with this part: "it seems unfair of us to judge their priorities if it's really what they want" which seemed to me to be saying it wasn't right for any of "us" i.e. the posters here, to judge their priorities.

I think all of us can judge priorities if we want. If you want to take it away from health and fitness, I think most people here have questioned Andy's schedule. That's certainly a tennis playing priority that is very little different from his decision to play four DC ties every year.

Personally, it doesn't really matter to me if he wants to make DC a priority. I only wonder if he will maintain that commitment.

k-rod83
12-23-2004, 03:28 PM
i think it would be kinda cool/funny if her wore a backwards viser lol

Golfnduck
12-23-2004, 05:41 PM

If what Andy wants is to eat pizza, go to late night parties, and smoke cigarettes, it would seem unfair of us to judge his priorities if it's really what he wants.

Nah..... I can't agree with that. Clearly nothing said on this board is going to influence Andy Roddick one bit. It's just a place where fans say what they think. I can't see how it's "unfair" for me or anyone else to say they disagree with Andy's priorities. He's going to do what he wants despite what anyone says here.
I think health priorities and which tournaments he plays in our two different ends of the spectrum. If Andy did smoke, that would affect his playing, but he's not dumb enough to smoke. People's health habits are easy to criticize because there are guidelines that should be followed in order to live a healthy life.
The tournaments Andy plays in is more of a personal decision. An example would be Andy plays Queens and Roger plays Halle. They chose different tournaments depending on their comfort level. It is hard to judge someone's comfort level. A personal example would be, I feel more confident on some golf courses than others based on how they fit my game.

heya
12-23-2004, 08:17 PM
I would love to see confident, ultra-improved Andy and Mardy intimidating/ruling
2005-2012's Davis Cup. I can't predict because I don't see much fight/scrambling/net play/drop shots and physical quickness around the court from either guys.

When Andy's mad/worshipping opponents/stubborn/distracted, he'll shut down & lose his serves.
Mardy can get so scared/frustrated that he'll quickly lose a lead.
It doesn't help that McEnroe thinks he's so funny and talks smack, but
I'm willing to bet that he can coach Brad Gilbert's son. :eek:

Iza
12-23-2004, 09:29 PM
hi ducksters :wavey: !
I'm not a Duck fan but I'd be delighted if he started wearing the visors again!
Visor Duck is cute and rebel, Hat Duck looks too serious :D
http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/tiere/ducktailt.gif

superpinkone37
12-23-2004, 09:39 PM
Hi Iza! :wavey:

what a cute duck :hearts:!

Iza
12-23-2004, 09:58 PM
:haha: glad ya liked it!

Deboogle!.
12-23-2004, 10:14 PM
Hi Iza :) you don't have to like Andy to chat with us, you just have to be nice :p I've decided my fave is backwards hat Andy :bounce: It's the right mix of rebel and mature.

Iza
12-23-2004, 10:18 PM
yeah backwards is cute too but not the way he has been wearin' it since evil Brad took over :devil:

my mate Eniko (aka mowgli) told me u guys are nice so I checked out the Duck's nest :p

Deboogle!.
12-23-2004, 10:22 PM
my mate Eniko (aka mowgli) told me u guys are nice so I checked out the Duck's nest :p

Ah mowgli is :cool: Very cool name!!! Yea, I'm bised, sure, but I think we're nicer than the General Message people would like to believe :)

Iza
12-23-2004, 10:24 PM
Ah mowgli is :cool: Very cool name!!! Yea, I'm bised, sure, but I think we're nicer than the General Message people would like to believe :)

unfotch, she's back to her home country now, and she hasn't got Internet there so we'll miss her for a while :sad:

but yeah, the duck's nest is quite a nice place :yeah:

Deboogle!.
12-23-2004, 10:25 PM
unfotch, she's back to her home country now, and she hasn't got Internet there so we'll miss her for a while :sad:

but yeah, the duck's nest is quite a nice place :yeah:

awww :( that sucks

Feel free to join the chit chat thread - it's not particularly about Andy and we're a little :crazy::silly: there ;)

Iza
12-24-2004, 12:43 AM

Does the Duck SMOKE :smoke: :eek: ???

Deboogle!.
12-24-2004, 12:48 AM
Does the Duck SMOKE :smoke: :eek: ???

no no she was just saying...

at least.... he better not :fiery: :p

Iza
12-24-2004, 12:53 AM
phew I got freaked out :bolt:

superpinkone37
12-24-2004, 01:01 AM
he better not smoke.........:fiery:

Deboogle!.
12-24-2004, 01:18 AM
Ok then you can leave his forum and never come back if you hate him so much :) Byebye now! :wavey:

Iza
12-24-2004, 01:20 AM
it's alrite if u can't stand him but is it really necessary for u to come in the Duck's nest and tell us that Andy is a self-centered dickhead? I don't care what u think about him ,it's a personal opinion and there's no need to excuse yourself.For God's sake do u think we can't live if you don't like Andy?
And my dear, Club_Fed, please be my guest and go into the Federer express and say "Rogi rulz" and all that instead of comin here and sayin "Dick sux" . Or maybe you want you number of posts to increase? Then there is another solution: go in the non-tennis area and there's the number game, especially made for this purpose.

I didn't want to sound mean, I'm not an Andy fan myself, but I'm not a hater, and Iactually like Rogi much more than Andy but this kinda attitude is a complete show-off.

Havok
12-24-2004, 01:44 AM
You want him to go back to being an obnoxious jerk? Thank God we have a cool, classy champion in Roger Federer and not a self centered dickhead like Roddick. and I'm AMERICAN!!!!!! I cannot stand Andy, I'm sorry Andy fans:(
Oh.

I'm still in favor of the trucker hats, the red/white and green/white being my faves.:yippee:

star
12-24-2004, 01:45 AM
:kiss: Thanks Iza. :)

We don't care if people don't like Andy. But there are plenty of places other than here to vent if one simply must carry on about it. :lol:

Iza
12-24-2004, 01:49 AM
:kiss: Thanks Iza. :)

We don't care if people don't like Andy. But there are plenty of places other than here to vent if one simply must carry on about it. :lol:

:hug:
I'm sure now I'm gonna get some bad reps from mad Rogi fans who don't understand that I like him but don't like club_fed's attitude.
:tape:

Let's just ignore them and carry on with the debate over the viosors and hats. I think he's taken himself too seriously since he's been wearing them. :p I know it sounds silly but that's my impression. And maybe bcos of that ppl say he's arrogant.

OH JEEZ what crap I'm sayin'! The trucker hats made him arrogant :rolls: :haha: . Just ignore me now I'm too sleepy now...where's Deb to provide me some more looooong articles to fall asleep? :lol: ;)

Deboogle!.
12-24-2004, 01:52 AM
LOL Any Fed fan who bad reps you for speaking your mind and being honest and intelligent doesn't deserve to be your friend because that is ridiculous. In fact, bad-repping in general is ridiculous.

Sorry :( No new articles to bore you :lol:

Iza
12-24-2004, 01:53 AM
LOL Any Fed fan who bad reps you for speaking your mind and being honest and intelligent doesn't deserve to be your friend because that is ridiculous. In fact, bad-repping in general is ridiculous.

Sorry :( No new articles to bore you :lol:

aww :awww: :lol:

heya
12-24-2004, 02:18 AM
I thought he was arrogant when he was with Brad, but he's back to his normal self when he got a wake-up call this year.
Some people manipulated him and he was confused after '03 French Open.

Iza
12-24-2004, 02:19 AM
I thought he was arrogant when he was with Brad, but he's back to his normal self when he got a wake-up call this year.
Some people manipulated him and he was confused after '03 French Open.

I completely agree with u Heya (tho the "arrogant" Andy won USO and so many othe big titles)

Deboogle!.
12-24-2004, 02:23 AM
LOL Iza, something you should know.... heya is not so much a fan of Brad.... though, I'm not sure why LOL

Iza
12-24-2004, 02:25 AM
I'm not a fan of Brad at all. That's why I'm here! If Andy was still w/Brad I wouldn't even thought of coming in here (tho I'd've missed the chance 2 meet nice ppl)

Deboogle!.
12-24-2004, 02:26 AM
:lol: well then there's another reason to be glad Andy dumped Brad - we have a new buddy amongst us :D

heya
12-24-2004, 02:29 AM
:haha: :worship: :yeah: Andy thought Brad had genius skills! LMAO

Deboogle!.
12-24-2004, 02:36 AM
heya, what is it about Brad exactly that you don't like? I'm just curious :)

heya
12-24-2004, 02:47 AM
1. Andy lost
2. Andy had to follow 1 plan. No improvising if old ideas don't work.
3. Andy kept looking at him for approval
4. Andy hoped too much for technical improvement.
Crap kept getting bigger and it hit the fan. :scared:
5. Brad whining about other players until he admitted he was wrong.
6. Brad acts like PMac. They both promote Andy as TENNIS MEDIA SUPERSTAR, which annoys tennis fans.

Deboogle!.
12-24-2004, 02:49 AM
So do you think Andy would've won the USO And done what he did last summer without Brad?

And do you think that Goldfine sounds better for him?

superpinkone37
12-24-2004, 03:27 AM
I'm not a fan of Brad at all. That's why I'm here! If Andy was still w/Brad I wouldn't even thought of coming in here (tho I'd've missed the chance 2 meet nice ppl)

Iza, I'm glad you decided to come in here though you don't even like Andy lol :hug: You sound like a really cool person and hope you visit some more, btw I love those smilies of yours! lol

heya
12-24-2004, 03:30 AM
He hanged on to the 4th set vs. Ljubicic.
He won USO, but he didn't work on volleys, therefore had to claw way back from the brink of death. It doesn't matter that Andy couldn't convert tons of break chances in the 2nd set. Andy's more talented than that. He can't afford to be lazy anymore.
Nalbandian's favorite surface isn't even super fast hardcourt.
Andy hung on against Federer, but I doubt he can do that any other time last year or this year.
He saved matchpoints, but Nalbandian was the only other top 10 foe in USO, Montreal + Cincinnati. Andy didn't beat Nalbandian or Fed later on.

On carpet, he had to serve and return wisely, but Brad denied that Andy should've served like 120 mph to cut down on errors.
Andy is not the usual, quick, anorexic player.
Neither guy seemed to know that, or maybe they ignored that.

Brad wrote about Andy denying that he lost vs. Henman. I don't believe that.

Andy needed an athletic, skillful practice partner, not a slow guy who had no clue that
hitting harder made Andy a tired loser.
(Andy can serve fast on grass/hardcourt, but that doesn't mean you'll win with little else.)

When he needed to run around the court fast while hitting backhands, etc. at the same time, there was no one to push him on the other side of the net.
Brad couldn't even compete with Andy.
From what I read, Goldfine could at least return the ball. :scratch::shrug:

Andy ran away from important events and got negative after he lost #1.

Deboogle!.
12-24-2004, 03:34 AM
okay...I pretty much agree with all that.

The question is - is Goldfine going to help?

oh you edited LOL... I completely agree about the hitting partner stuff. Brad's not good enough, but at big events it seemed like Andy practiced with much better people (he practiced a lot with Andre and Tim, among others)... Goldfine has to be a lot better than just a better hitting partner at small tourneys to make a difference :)

heya
12-24-2004, 04:02 AM
Who knows how meaningful it is for him to win and to prepare in the off-season (learn how to beat opponents by watching their matches).
Maybe he cares about being part of history.

Maybe he just wants to retire at 29 with 2-5 majors, DC & Olympic wins.
Or he's happy to kid around during practice and it's not a big deal to worry
about changing technically.
Dean was with Todd Martin, who volleyed well and almost won a major, but he blew a 2 set lead vs. Agassi.

I think he can do better than 4 titles a year. 8-15 titles are possible.

Havok
12-24-2004, 05:08 AM
I agree with the 4 titles a year bit. imo Andy should be consistently winning at least 5, moreso in the 6-8 region

RoddickBabe10
12-24-2004, 06:46 AM
Awe, I'm still sad over Brad =( but I guess he is "old news" now...

Anyway, imo, Andy should bring the visor back with the spiky hair (the orange one to be specific) and I hope he wears the orange/blue/red shirt he used to wear :) As of him being on the court, the only thing I wouldn't want him to change is his emotion on the court (that annoys most people I believe).

Golfnduck
12-24-2004, 04:08 PM
I still think getting rid of Brad is a great idea. Andy hit a wall and Brad isn't able to help Andy with the techincal aspect of the game. I think Dean will be a good coach for Andy. I can't wait for AO!!!

Iza
12-24-2004, 07:37 PM
OK. So now there are a few of us who are glad he got rid of Brad. :devil:

MissFairy
12-24-2004, 07:39 PM
yeah i think brad and andy as a team might have totally hit a wall in terms of improving his game. but he was even evolving at TMC wasnt he? i mean ive not seen him at the net so effectively, like ever, but i guess andy thought he wasnt getting the results he deserved (he wasnt) so now we turn to dean...

Deboogle!.
12-24-2004, 07:40 PM
Oh yea, a lot of us were very optimistic as soon as we heard the news :) I was nervous at first, but now that Andy's hired someone who sounds like a really good coach, I'm really looking forward to 2005 :D

And yea, Andy's game was evolving right til before he fired Brad, but mentally... not really. That performance against Hewitt at TMC was just SO GROSS. When you go from playing about the best you ever have to playing about the WORST you ever have in 24-48 hours, something is seriously wrong.

Iza
12-24-2004, 07:45 PM
While I was in my cousin's car I thought about pre-Brad era Andy and Brad era- Andy . The pre-Brad era Andy seemed a rebel young gun full of hunger for titles and was fun to watch, had an unpredictable game and attitude and was ready to give his last breath on court for every point. That was the Andy I liked a lot.
The Brad-era Andy took himself too seriously and became rather boring and was considered arrogant. Maybe because he was considered THE superstar and evryone was like "Andy!Andy!Andy!" and he was on all TV channel and in all the magazines. I dislike this Andy.
I hope that the post-Brad era Andy is a more like the 1st one :)

MissFairy
12-24-2004, 07:46 PM
yeah that performance against hewitt was totally cring worthy, i couldnt watch it the whole way through. he kept going to the net, not winning any points in the forecourt or the baseline...it was pretty bad i agree. yeah i couldnt believe it was the same form as the safino match or the timmy one, gosh!
but yeah mentally he needs to step up definitely
2005 oughta be a fine-ass year! :)

heya
12-24-2004, 09:02 PM
I was disgusted when I saw Brad, after encouraging Andy to skip the clay season, smiling on ESPN, joking about getting rest.
How can anyone (:unsure: older than 14 years old) take Andy seriously when he doesn't play big events and tanks matches because something like the ROME hotel fire depressed him? He just gave up and dumped balls in the net in Rome.

Don't be fooled by dirk:
He claimed that Andy never choked.
Obviously, he said that because
he wants you to believe that Andy cannot beat Fed when he's at his best.
Dirk called Andy a fag who won the Montreal match because Fed choked and got nervous about being #1. Faint praise isn't the same as respect for Andy.
Andy uses his legs for his serves too. The problem is, Gilbert and clueless children
told him to show off 160 mph serve. That's when Andy faltered.

Andy's a very smart guy, but he's not as competitive and intense as others like Fed, Hewitt, Agassi, and even Safin.
His family's lenient attitude toward his training (especially on clay) may have hurt his self-esteem. Andy's brother John was the one aiming for SUPERSTARDOM, but he injured his back.

Deboogle!.
12-24-2004, 09:09 PM
Well he's a human being. I have no problem with the fact that after that fire and what happened that he didn't care about something as seemingly trivial as a tennis match. It didn't affect him long-term, it affected him in one match and at the same time he had the luck of drawing a really good clay-courter which did not help. So that, I forgive him for. But I will completely agree that it is laughable that he can't do any better on clay. He has to do better in '05 or it's just going to be a laughathon. And it's frustrating because we know he can do it. After fighting so hard against 2 of the best-claycourters in the world, I refuse to believe that he can't do decently in the clay season, especially considering he won't have to deal with the 27,000 people cheering his every mistake too.

heya
12-24-2004, 09:40 PM
But, Andy thinks he's a superhuman SERVER and tennis promoter.
Know your limits, Andy. Play on clay and spend less time with the Playboy girls with the beer/pizza. :o :eek:

Deboogle!.
12-24-2004, 09:59 PM
Maybe he will this year :scared: I'm willing to give him one more chance. If he again makes a mockery of the '05 clay season.. then I dunno :o

Gonzo Hates Me!
12-25-2004, 05:17 AM
Hey guys! I am sooooooo out of it with tennis :( I just heard about this like, 5 minutes ago. This is unfortunate! Then who will be Andy's new coach??

J. Corwin
12-25-2004, 08:23 AM
I think it'd be cool if he just played without any headgear. Just his crazy wild hair and all. :)

I doubt he'll do that though. ;) But maybe a few years down the line that will happen.

As for '05, I agree with most that the backwards cap might make more appearances but the visor will be a thing of the past. I do think the backwards cap might show up a lil more often in Asia though, don't ask me why. lol Maybe the peeps there tend to recognize him better over there that way?

Deboogle!.
12-25-2004, 01:30 PM
Hey guys! I am sooooooo out of it with tennis :( I just heard about this like, 5 minutes ago. This is unfortunate! Then who will be Andy's new coach??

Dean Goldfine - he was Todd Martin's coach for many years, and this past year he was assistant coach at Davis Cup and the Olympics - so Andy already knows him :)

Iza
12-25-2004, 05:16 PM
please be optimistic about the visor :tears: that HAS to come back. NO MORE YUCKY HATS http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/janein/nein1.gif

heya
12-25-2004, 08:15 PM
He realizes that he has to control his behaviour (he learned from watching other athletes). Waving to the crowd and shaking the net won't help him win. The last thing he needs to do is distract himself with the hat.

Golfnduck
12-25-2004, 09:59 PM
Iza, I don't think the visor will be coming back. I think Andy will stick with the trucker hat and the backwards cap. But you never know :shrug:

Deboogle!.
12-25-2004, 10:39 PM
I guess we will soon find out just how much Brad influenced Andy, won't we ;)

Iheartandy&roger
12-26-2004, 04:28 AM
:worship: :inlove: :hearts: Go visor go visor go go go! :worship:

heya
12-26-2004, 08:41 AM
Dirk:
Its just a shame Rogi wasn't his normal Ninja self. Part of that was Andy and part of it was his cold and his tactics. I hope when they do next meet Rogi is. Andy won't be able to take another loss or two from Federer. Rogi has the chance to do to Andy what Pete did to Andre. Banish him to the depths of tennis hell. Andre and Brad's egos couldn't live without the number one ranking so Andre lost interest and we all know the rest.
http://menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=655555&highlight=heya#post655555

Black Adam
12-26-2004, 09:17 AM
I cannot stand the morons on General Messages calling us The Roddick Trolls :mad: :sad:

heya
12-26-2004, 10:18 AM
What do you expect from ugly REAL trolls who act like they give credit to Andy, but
then, they badmouth his fans?
How pitiful.
http://rebecca.proboards12.com/index.cgi?board=shooting&num=1083120846&action=display&start=1395

http://menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=13636&page=4&pp=20

Deboogle!.
12-26-2004, 01:33 PM
Do we have to talk about Dirk here? We finally got it so that he couldn't post here. I'd rather just pretend he doesn't exist :)

Anyway, this is from the South Florida paper. I like this guy already :)
================

Fifteen months ago, coach Brad Gilbert, who was fired last week by Roddick, agreed to jump out of an airplane at 13,000 feet if Roddick won the Canadian Open. It was his first dive and he probably handled it worse than his firing when he got to the ground. Would Roddick's new coach, Dean Goldfine of Aventura, perform his first sky dive with Roddick?

"There would have to be something pretty big on it," Goldfine said. "Plus, Andy would first have to run it by my wife, and she's not likely to say `yes.'" ...

Goldfine spent seven years coaching Todd Martin and Martin couldn't be more effusive in his praise of Roddick's new coach.

"It would be difficult not to rave too much about him, to the point where you would feel I'm blowing smoke," Martin said. "I think Andy's made a great decision. Dean's just a great personality to be around. He's tremendously even keel without ever being icy." ...

One of Goldfine's toughest moments with Martin came when Martin blew a major fifth set lead to lose in the Wimbledon semifinals to compatriot Mal Washington in 1996. Goldfine and Martin's former coach, Rick Ferman, both were there.

"I know full well they hurt as badly as I did, and maybe in some ways more because they had no control over what was happening on the court," Martin said. "They felt for me after the match, but right away they tried to get me to learn from it. Dean's attitude was, `Let's not waste time and sulk.'" ...

Deboogle!.
12-26-2004, 02:23 PM
What do you expect from ugly REAL trolls who act like they give credit to Andy, but
How pitiful.
http://rebecca.proboards12.com/index.cgi?board=shooting&num=1083120846&action=display&start=1395

Thanks heya, I see there are like 2 pages dedicated to a great misinterpretation of one post I made. I love that they have to take so much time to talk about how much of a rich snob I am because my dad was an economist and has taken good care of my money :haha: :haha: :haha: That's some of the funniest shit I have read in a long time...they're talking as if they know me so well but they couldn't be more wrong LMFAO OMFG I'm still dying like 10 minutes later! :rolls: The only thing that makes me :( is that not only do I not get money from my grandparents but they've all passed away and have been for over 10 years :sad: Heya, what would I do without you!!!

Oh and since they obviously read everything we say here.. :wavey: Hi ladies and gents. get a life, that's pretty sad that you have to amuse yourselves by talking about people you don't even know (but obviously pretend to!) so I hope this gives you more fodder :)

Tytta!.
12-26-2004, 02:37 PM
Oh and since they obviously read everything we say here.. :wavey: Hi ladies and gents. get a life, that's pretty sad that you have to amuse yourselves by talking about people you don't even know (but obviously pretend to!) so I hope this gives you more fodder :)

:worship: That's pretty much it, they need to get a life cos they don't know anything about you! If it weren't sad it'd be funny :lol:

Deboogle!.
12-26-2004, 02:38 PM
:worship: That's pretty much it, they need to get a life cos they don't know anything about you! If it weren't sad it'd be funny :lol:

:haha: Yea I mean you've seen my furniture! My turquoise IKEA couch is certainly worth millions :haha: :haha:

Tytta!.
12-26-2004, 02:40 PM
:haha: Yea I mean you've seen my furniture! My turquoise IKEA couch is certainly worth millions :haha: :haha:

:haha:

Golfnduck
12-26-2004, 03:58 PM
Funny how some of these trolls think they know everything about everyone. It's silly when they act us for liking Andy, but it's pretty rude when they start talking about other people that they don't even know.

Tytta!.
12-26-2004, 04:21 PM
Funny how some of these trolls think they know everything about everyone. It's silly when they act us for liking Andy, but it's pretty rude when they start talking about other people that they don't even know.

Jen!!! :wavey: I miss you!!! Log on MSN one of these days then we can chat :cool: and yeah, I agree with what you said. They think they know everything about everyone!

Jennay
12-26-2004, 05:07 PM
I see they've even posted stuff about me :haha: :haha: :haha:

I don't even know them or talk to them! :lol:

MissFairy
12-26-2004, 05:10 PM
so they hate andy, and hate andy fans aswell? how much hate do these people have?

they must be the :devil: themselves! lol

Deboogle!.
12-26-2004, 05:14 PM
aw Jen :hug: it just means you're SPECIAL!!!!!!!

lol lilme, I don't think THEY're the :devil: I think they think WE are :haha:

Jennay
12-26-2004, 05:16 PM
:shrug: I could care less, they don't know anything about me :)

MissFairy
12-26-2004, 05:21 PM
:devil: THE ANDY ARMY :devil:

....hmmm i like it! it has a ring to it doncha think??? lol

Havok
12-27-2004, 02:26 AM
How pitiful.

Azza. They should just rename that thread TennisHack/GWH because seriously, add in what 2 or 3 more people, and they're the ones who are conversing with eachother for the most part (well the handful of pages i skimmed through just to have a quick laugh).

Gonzo Hates Me!
12-27-2004, 05:52 AM
Jennay, isn't it awesome when people know you and have discussions about you and you're totally unaware of their existence-- that's hot

Gonzo Hates Me!
12-27-2004, 06:00 AM
I think you're pretty incredible--hey I'm Tennischick and I think I'm annoying a bunch of strangers across a keyboard by flooding their favorite forum--'cause that's just so badass... you're welcome to stay chick

Gonzo Hates Me!
12-27-2004, 06:08 AM
i didnt give a flying fuck about the Duck Hunt Thread. I felt free to respond b/c you felt free to reply to my post, which had nothing to do with you btw. But do your thing chick

and just so you know, you so do give a crap about us otherwise you wouldn't be wasting your time on a Sunday nite flooding a forum that consists of mostly people half your age when you should be getting some sleep for work the next morning :)

Gonzo Hates Me!
12-27-2004, 06:16 AM
hahaha!!! i care huh? well, If you look at who's posted in the damn Duck Hunt thread in its two year existence, I am not one of them. I have no problem with you or anyone ragging on Andy. I used to have a problem with it, then one day I woke-up and discovered the concept of "to each his own." So the only thing I care about is being dragged into that mess b/c my first post that you responded to was referring to Jennay and thetenniscult and not the Duck Hunt forum. I dont read that shit

superpinkone37
12-27-2004, 06:21 AM
It has actually been only one or two andy fans who have posted in the Duck Hunt thread the past few days, I woulnt call that "Ducklovers" invading it. And you are allowed to come here if you want :shrug:

Gonzo Hates Me!
12-27-2004, 06:33 AM
have you nothing better to respond with than trying to make me feel bad or embarassed for God forbid, 'caring'!

wow, talk about reaching a dead end

Gonzo Hates Me!
12-27-2004, 06:39 AM
chicky, i already admitted that i care. Shit, I even admitted what I cared about. do you need to know what post number that was? or are you having too much fun with the copy and paste function?

Gonzo Hates Me!
12-27-2004, 06:51 AM
i never said this before, but feel free to keep responding to me :lick:

Gonzo Hates Me!
12-27-2004, 07:29 AM
looks like you got in your last reply before me chicky. congrats.

I guess your conscience was getting to you and all, what, with work the next morning, probably got a kid to feed or something? started to feel a bit, immature, for your age, huh, didnt you, didnt you!

I tell ya what, when you read this, just IM me, we can make plans to do this again sometime--just, on a Friday or Saturday nite instead. just like old times :)

heya
12-27-2004, 09:22 AM
tennischick, you can't ever be as special as Fedex!!!! :hug::sad:

heya
12-27-2004, 11:01 AM
The Tennis Week Interview: Mike Agassi (December 2004)

By Richard Pagliaro
12/14/2004
Tennis Week: I want to ask you about Brad Gilbert in light of
Roddick's recent dismissal of him. What are Brad's strengths and
weaknesses as a coach?

Mike Agassi: Brad is a constant talker, you know. If you can sit and
listen to him continuously, after a while, he repeats himself. If you
can take it, he's OK. But if you cannot take it, then it's annoying.
Myself, I had such a little problem with Brad. He used to work with
Andre's serve. He would tell Andre to serve 115 miles an hour to the
T then next serve, the second serve, would be 92 miles an hour wide
to the backhand. From 115 you go to 92, I would say try to between
five to nine mile differences in the serves. Brad is a good talker.
He always had answers. He once told me: "Everybody is two or three
inches taller than Andre, that's why they serve that big." I
said: "Then here is a racquet two inches longer and it's gonna give
Andre a longer reach.". And his answer was: "Yeah, he's gonna have a
better serve, but he's gonna lose seven and a half percent of his
forehand and nine and a half percent on his backhand." And once you
listen to someone and believe in him, then you believe in him. That's
the way it works.

Tennis Week: Roddick's still number two in the world, so it's not
like he's had a dramatic drop in results, but if you could coach
Roddick what would you tell him?

Mike Agassi: If you talk to him, let me tell you what you say to him:
forget about the 150 mile an hour serve, forget about the 140 mile an
hour serve. Serve 130 mile an hour first serve on the corners and
serve a 122, 123, 124 mile an hour second serve hitting the corners
and I'll bet you if he served 130 mile an hour first serve a lot more
are going to go in, but he can place it better. People are acing each
other with 115, 120 mile an hour serve so you need to use your
placement and not just go for the fast serve all the time.

Mike Agassi: Do you need a coach to do your journalist job?

Tennis Week: No, but I get a lot of unwanted coaching at home anyway.

Mike Agassi: Let me say one thing: if a person does not have a coach
then he needs to have enough time to study the tapes himself. You
follow me? He has to study his game and other people's games. When I
learned tennis, I didn't learn tennis because someone told me how to
hit the ball. I watched and I took one point from this player, one
point from that player and one point from the other player and I put
that together and I made a package gift for Andre. You follow me?

Tennis Week: Yes, you took the best quality from each player you saw
and passed it on to Andre.

Mike Agassi: I taught Andre to take the ball on the rise because I
saw Boris Becker once do that. I taught Andre to hit swing volleys
because I once saw Lendl do that. He did that once in a year or two
years, it was very rare, but he did do that. I saw players hit the
inside out forehand and I did that with Andre. Play inside the court,
I did that with Andre. Go to the ball and pick up the ball on the
rise, I did that with Andre. Get on the guy's serve with a short back
swing on your return, I did that with Andre. Once in a while, players
will do something that they don't know they just did. They don't
realize it. And if you're outside the court and you can study the
game and see that and you can work on it the kid becomes a hell of a
player.

Black Adam
12-27-2004, 11:36 AM
The Tennis Week Interview: Mike Agassi (December 2004)

By Richard Pagliaro
12/14/2004
Tennis Week: I want to ask you about Brad Gilbert in light of
Roddick's recent dismissal of him. What are Brad's strengths and
weaknesses as a coach?

Mike Agassi: Brad is a constant talker, you know. If you can sit and
listen to him continuously, after a while, he repeats himself. If you
can take it, he's OK. But if you cannot take it, then it's annoying.
Myself, I had such a little problem with Brad. He used to work with
Andre's serve. He would tell Andre to serve 115 miles an hour to the
T then next serve, the second serve, would be 92 miles an hour wide
to the backhand. From 115 you go to 92, I would say try to between
five to nine mile differences in the serves. Brad is a good talker.
He always had answers. He once told me: "Everybody is two or three
inches taller than Andre, that's why they serve that big." I
said: "Then here is a racquet two inches longer and it's gonna give
Andre a longer reach.". And his answer was: "Yeah, he's gonna have a
better serve, but he's gonna lose seven and a half percent of his
forehand and nine and a half percent on his backhand." And once you
listen to someone and believe in him, then you believe in him. That's
the way it works.

Tennis Week: Roddick's still number two in the world, so it's not
like he's had a dramatic drop in results, but if you could coach
Roddick what would you tell him?

Mike Agassi: If you talk to him, let me tell you what you say to him:
forget about the 150 mile an hour serve, forget about the 140 mile an
hour serve. Serve 130 mile an hour first serve on the corners and
serve a 122, 123, 124 mile an hour second serve hitting the corners
and I'll bet you if he served 130 mile an hour first serve a lot more
are going to go in, but he can place it better. People are acing each
other with 115, 120 mile an hour serve so you need to use your
placement and not just go for the fast serve all the time.

Mike Agassi: Do you need a coach to do your journalist job?

Tennis Week: No, but I get a lot of unwanted coaching at home anyway.

Mike Agassi: Let me say one thing: if a person does not have a coach
then he needs to have enough time to study the tapes himself. You
follow me? He has to study his game and other people's games. When I
learned tennis, I didn't learn tennis because someone told me how to
hit the ball. I watched and I took one point from this player, one
point from that player and one point from the other player and I put
that together and I made a package gift for Andre. You follow me?

Tennis Week: Yes, you took the best quality from each player you saw
and passed it on to Andre.

Mike Agassi: I taught Andre to take the ball on the rise because I
saw Boris Becker once do that. I taught Andre to hit swing volleys
because I once saw Lendl do that. He did that once in a year or two
years, it was very rare, but he did do that. I saw players hit the
inside out forehand and I did that with Andre. Play inside the court,
I did that with Andre. Go to the ball and pick up the ball on the
rise, I did that with Andre. Get on the guy's serve with a short back
swing on your return, I did that with Andre. Once in a while, players
will do something that they don't know they just did. They don't
realize it. And if you're outside the court and you can study the
game and see that and you can work on it the kid becomes a hell of a
player.

Agreed....... i think that in AO 2003 he was serving around 130 mph and he was playing great tennis :yeah: I also heard its easier to volley when you are not serving hell (140 mph) so if he wants to save energy and hit more aces & volleys he better Stop breaking the Speed limit 140mph :mad: :lol:

Golfnduck
12-27-2004, 03:36 PM
Good article :yeah:

Jennay
12-27-2004, 03:51 PM
Thanks heya :D
Jennay, isn't it awesome when people know you and have discussions about you and you're totally unaware of their existence-- that's hot
:lol:

tangerine_dream
12-28-2004, 08:42 PM
Mrs Guga, I didn't see what usual excrement Tennisbitch was coughing up in here but .... YOU RULE!!!!! :bowdown:

And you know that, don't you? ;)

tangerine_dream
12-28-2004, 09:35 PM
How pitiful.

You said it, heya.

And holy crap, are those losers *still* talking about us at Rebecca's forum? :eek: Unphuckingbelievable. Their obsession is beyond obsession, it's just pathetically sad. I'm actually embarassed for them.

Hahaha I just saw this other post. Leena. posts there now? She cracks me up:

This place is sad...
"Oh, I refuse to post at MTF because it's far beneath my maturity and intelligence... but, I'll copy thousands of links of the board here, and we'll all laugh! Har har!"

Jennay
12-28-2004, 09:38 PM
Leena rocks :D

tangerine_dream
12-28-2004, 09:40 PM
Thanks heya, I see there are like 2 pages dedicated to a great misinterpretation of one post I made. I love that they have to take so much time to talk about how much of a rich snob I am because my dad was an economist and has taken good care of my money :haha: :haha: :haha: That's some of the funniest shit I have read in a long time...they're talking as if they know me so well but they couldn't be more wrong LMFAO OMFG I'm still dying like 10 minutes later! :rolls: The only thing that makes me :( is that not only do I not get money from my grandparents but they've all passed away and have been for over 10 years :sad: Heya, what would I do without you!!!

You must spread some reputation around before....

Aw, the hell with it.

http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s26/smilies-6464.png Deb :bowdown:

superpinkone37
12-28-2004, 09:41 PM
Leena rocks :D

:yeah:

Black Adam
12-28-2004, 09:43 PM
Agreed.....wouldn't mind having Leena as Web Mistress :yeah: together with the Amanda girl :lol:

tangerine_dream
12-28-2004, 09:54 PM
Azza. They should just rename that thread TennisHack/GWH because seriously, add in what 2 or 3 more people, and they're the ones who are conversing with eachother for the most part (well the handful of pages i skimmed through just to have a quick laugh).

holy shit :spit: :haha: :rolls: :bigcry: At least I can good rep Naldo today :worship:

And holy shit again, I just went to the Sampras forum and apparently it's all evil Tangy's fault that one of Rebecca's cult sheep, Lee, left the forum because I trashed Tennisbitch in there (she was giving mimi some problems at wtaworld). Yeah it doesn't make much sense to me either. :confused: But I do know for a fact that everything bad that happens here at MTF is all my fault. :o

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=932394&postcount=1561

On top of that, check out this typical two-faced comment from Rebecca herself. She apparently does not grasp the irony of her words. Do these idiots even *read* what they post? :haha:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=932405&postcount=1562

So says the Queen of trash-talking-people-behind-their-backs. Is she for real?

Gonzo Hates Me!
12-28-2004, 10:11 PM
Lee quit the Sampras forum because Amanda likes you better? Ahahaha.

heya
12-28-2004, 10:23 PM
Oyyy. Psychologist Rebecca of Ferrero Farm.
"I'm baiting you because I'm bitter. I eat my words and then whine about Roddick fans! Please reply and kiss me!!!"
Let me make a 100-page Mosquito Swat thread.
CLEARLY, its purpose is to enlighten light-hearted non-Ferrero fans!
Hate, lie, brainwash!! :devil:

Jennay
12-28-2004, 10:25 PM
"I'm baiting you because I'm bitter. I eat my words and then whine about Roddick fans! Please reply and kiss me!!!"
Dies. :haha:

Deboogle!.
12-28-2004, 10:25 PM
oh heya.... with your "Oyyy" admit it, you're just like Brad - just a neurotic Jew at heart :haha: :haha:

Have you taken extreme funny pills lately? Each post you make is funnier and funnier...Mosquito Swat! DEATH!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

star
12-28-2004, 10:28 PM
You know....... we're kinda criticizing the cult forum because they copy links to mtf and talk about them, but then here the same thing is happening with arguments brought in from other areas of MTF and the posters talked about.

I'd like just not to be bothered about arguments elsewhere in other places I don't even read, eg. tenniscult, Sampras fan zone, Federer fan zone, Nalbandian fan zone, etc.

Gonzo Hates Me!
12-28-2004, 10:39 PM
Star, I hadnt been posting here for 2+ months, and 8 posts into posting again, I'm being bothered for no reason, simply for liking Andy Roddick and being in the wrong place at the wrong time. The anti-Roddick people are so lame, and I'm not gonna ignore that for fear that I am being a hypocrite for sinking to their level and talking shit about them. They're shitty people! And anything said in Andy forum pales in comparison to their obsession with us. I think we have right to talk about them b/c we're simply talking about them talking about us. I don't mean to sound 5 years old, but they started it. And let's get real Star, there's no such thing as peace here on MTF. People will be talked about, there will be hell, and, ya know, it's kinda fun and funny!

star
12-28-2004, 10:43 PM
:lol: I should have anticipated the "they started it" argument. ;)

Yeah. Wierd that you got jumped on just as you reappeared, and really you are just about one of the most mellow Andy fans.

But anyway, talking about what happened here is one thing, but talking about some crap that happened on another board entirely or some argument that occured that didn't even involve Andy........ Yeah.. I think that's sinking down to the same level and just perpetuating the problem.

Deboogle!.
12-28-2004, 10:50 PM
Well, star, they DID start it. I did nothing at all to induce them to talk for 2 pages about the fact that they think I'm a bragging rich snob. They took a post I made in discussing Andy, posted it there, and started talking about me. Their ringleader, TennisHack, is someone whom I have NEVER EVER spoken to and some of the things he/she was saying about me were rather mean and rather judgmental considering it's someone I've never seen even make a post at this board but who clearly reads everything I write. And yes, I know I argued with them for a long time, But I have not even read their posts in months, I don't think I'm asking for it anymore.

I don't think it's that awful to discuss how amusing it is that they are so obsessed with us that they have a NINETY-FOUR page thread about US, not as Andy fans but as PEOPLE. I think that's absolutely hilarious. Considering all we are doing is just laughing at the fact that they're obsessed, and we'd never be doing this had they not said anything about us first, I don't see how it's even an issue of "we didn't start it"

And you can't separate what happens here and what happens there. They read everything we say here and go "report back" to that board. They're inextricably linked IMO. That would mean that I have to watch everything I say about myself, about Andy, or about anything else, for fear that a bunch of people I don't even talk to are gonna discuss it behind my back. I KNOW they read this stuff every day, they KNOW that most of us do NOT frequent that board.

This is all I'll say.

Gonzo Hates Me!
12-28-2004, 10:51 PM
I tell ya why I got jumped on. 'Cause Tennischick hates my guts. The other posters atleast just ignore me. But the Chick holds a grudge from years ago--before i was even an Andy fan. So she just loves to hate me and it's so much easier with my liking Andy Rodduck I guess LOL

But you're right, I will try not to be a retaliating Andy bitch, talking about crap that has nothing to do with anything relevant to this forum. And I shouldn't have commented on the Sampras forum thing, but what can I say, Lee sucks. I had to just let it out, wwhhhhooooooossshh :)

Jennay
12-28-2004, 10:56 PM
Well, star, they DID start it. I did nothing at all to induce them to talk for 2 pages about the fact that they think I'm a bragging rich snob. They took a post I made in discussing Andy, posted it there, and started talking about me. Their ringleader, TennisHack, is someone whom I have NEVER EVER spoken to and some of the things he/she was saying about me were rather mean and rather judgmental considering it's someone I've never seen even make a post at this board but who clearly reads everything I write. And yes, I know I argued with them for a long time, But I have not even read their posts in months, I don't think I'm asking for it anymore.

I don't think it's that awful to discuss how amusing it is that they are so obsessed with us that they have a NINETY-FOUR page thread about US, not as Andy fans but as PEOPLE. I think that's absolutely hilarious. Considering all we are doing is just laughing at the fact that they're obsessed, and we'd never be doing this had they not said anything about us first, I don't see how it's even an issue of "we didn't start it"

And you can't separate what happens here and what happens there. They read everything we say here and go "report back" to that board. They're inextricably linked IMO. That would mean that I have to watch everything I say about myself, about Andy, or about anything else, for fear that a bunch of people I don't even talk to are gonna discuss it behind my back. I KNOW they read this stuff every day, they KNOW that most of us do NOT frequent that board.

This is all I'll say.
I agree. :)

I'm publicly declaring your rockage :rocker2:

superpinkone37
12-28-2004, 11:00 PM
I agree. :)

I'm publicly declaring your rockage :rocker2:

I second that :rocker2: :rocker2:

star
12-28-2004, 11:08 PM
Well, star, they DID start it.

I don't have to explaing the weakness in that argument, do I?

I don't think it's that awful to discuss how amusing it is that they are so obsessed with us that they have a NINETY-FOUR page thread about US, not as Andy fans but as PEOPLE.

At no time did I say it was "awful" to discuss it.

Actually, you could do simply ignore it. Which, in fact, is exactly what you do until someone sees fit to post a link here and rub your nose in what they are saying about you behind your back. I don't see any reason at all you would have to "watch everything" you said here or anywhere else. I don't see why you are afraid of someone talking about you behind your back. That's the real world and the more success and power you accumulate in real life the more people will ridicule you and say spiteful and untrue things about you. You can't stop people talking no matter what you do.

My post said ONE thing only: It's a little (or perhaps more than a little) hypocritical to make fun of some posters for posting links to posts and laughing and saying negative things about those posts and posters when the same thing is happening here. My post had absolutely nothing to do with anything you have said.

star
12-28-2004, 11:09 PM
I tell ya why I got jumped on. 'Cause Tennischick hates my guts. The other posters atleast just ignore me. But the Chick holds a grudge from years ago--before i was even an Andy fan. So she just loves to hate me and it's so much easier with my liking Andy Rodduck I guess LOL

But you're right, I will try not to be a retaliating Andy bitch, talking about crap that has nothing to do with anything relevant to this forum. And I shouldn't have commented on the Sampras forum thing, but what can I say, Lee sucks. I had to just let it out, wwhhhhooooooossshh :)

:D

heya
12-28-2004, 11:26 PM
oh heya.... with your "Oyyy" admit it, you're just like Brad - just a neurotic Jew at heart :haha: :haha:

Have you taken extreme funny pills lately? Each post you make is funnier and funnier...Mosquito Swat! DEATH!!!!!!!!!! :worship:
Brad's just crazy. :haha:
If you've watched Mike Myers' from SNL, his Jewish character was hilarious.
The long finger nails, sobbing and sensitive rants were hilarious!!!!
"Oyyyy, talk amongst yourselves.... oh ummm!"

Deboogle!.
12-28-2004, 11:27 PM
LMFAO heya!! You know that character Mike Myers played was an imitation of his mother-in-law!!! but, it was one of my faves!!! Cawfee Tawk... and when Barbara Streisand actually showed up on the show!! :haha:

But admit it, you love Brad.... you :hearts: him

star
12-28-2004, 11:38 PM
Maybe it's his hairy back she loves the most. ;)

Deboogle!.
12-28-2004, 11:40 PM
I think it's the combination of the hairy back PLUS the diarrhea of the mouth that heya just simply cannot resist :)

Jennay
12-28-2004, 11:40 PM
Maybe it's his hairy back she loves the most. ;)
Ewwwwwwwww :fiery: Get it waxed!

heya
12-29-2004, 12:38 AM
Believe it or not. I don't need to post much about this.
I don't need to post anything, but there will be
Duck Hunters with rule-breaking posts that ruin Andy fans' reputations.
I don't need to recruit verbally-abusive people who enjoy insulting/lying about young fans here.
People shouldn't feel threatened and bothered everytime they post/read in GM.
I can handle insults here, but the moderators ignored a lot of posts.

I find it funny that I got good-repped by Rebecca.
I thought, "Cool, she wants to respect me."
A few days later, she called us fans "half-wits" because she
1- insisted that it was wrong to insult fans in fan forums, but she didn't care.
2- wanted to mock and hurt people as others copy her. "It's not private."
3- convinced sjengster/gwh/fedex/sigmagirl/frylans, etc.. that most fans here are enemies.
4- thought that we deleted any post, not only troll posts.
I'm sure when Andy wins a lot, things get quiet and detractors will come back to contribute "constructive criticism."
Like, "He faked his injury in Toronto.
He influenced the umpire.
He won because of bad calls!!
Don't you dare criticize anyone else!"

When he loses, ooops, 10 threads fill up GM!!!!! I wonder why. heehee

Deboogle!.
12-29-2004, 12:43 AM
I know I've said it like 294720948024 times in the past few days. But, heya, I love you!!

Jennay
12-29-2004, 12:44 AM
I can't rep you again, heya :sad:

But awesome post nonetheless :)

heya
12-29-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by Debstah

LMFAO heya!! You know that character Mike Myers played was an imitation of his mother-in-law!!! but, it was one of my faves!!! Cawfee Tawk... and when Barbara Streisand actually showed up on the show!!

But admit it, you love Brad.... you him

SNL was much better than Austin Powers
His mother-in-law really got a kick out of that.
Mike had on more make-up than the whole cast!!!! hahaaaaa
If I love Brad, Andy should rehire him.....Maybe he will. :scared:
Hairy bigfoot with a finger to his head... :bolt: it scared me.

Deboogle!.
12-29-2004, 12:58 AM
SNL was much better than Austin Powers
His mother-in-law really got a kick out of that.
Mike had on more make-up than the whole cast!!!! hahaaaaa
If I love Brad, Andy should rehire him.....Maybe he will. :scared:
Hairy bigfoot with a finger to his head... :bolt: it scared me.

I love Mike Myers in everything. I even like Austin Powers a lot .But yeah he was great on SNL!

I'm glad you're finally admitting how much you :hearts: Brad. Admitting it is the first step to recovery! But we can't have our heya being scared :hug: I hope Dean doesn't scare you :awww:

Leena
12-29-2004, 02:12 AM
You said it, heya.

And holy crap, are those losers *still* talking about us at Rebecca's forum? Unphuckingbelievable. Their obsession is beyond obsession, it's just pathetically sad. I'm actually embarassed for them.

This place is sad...
"Oh, I refuse to post at MTF because it's far beneath my maturity and intelligence... but, I'll copy thousands of links of the board here, and we'll all laugh! Har har!"

They are really sad people...

I've posted at Becca's board for a while because she's hilarious and I love her.

But her friends there... just some bad people who I don't think have ever had fun in their life.

Jennay
12-29-2004, 04:53 PM
i'm publicly declaring the rockage of the word rockage. (:

Havok
12-29-2004, 05:29 PM
I don't go to other forums/websites on my own. The only time I may "read" some posts is when someone talks about something and gives us a link. Even at that, I don't normally click on them all the time and read everything. I can't be bothered reading the shit going on at this website, I won't spend my time reading even more bullshit and worse stuff written elsewhere all the time, though getting in a read here and there is always good for a little chuckle, I'll admit.;)

Chloe le Bopper
01-02-2005, 08:21 AM
Had somebody not brought it to my attention, I wouldn't have noticed this ramble of posts (I guess some got deleted or something? :confused:), some of which had to do with me. Given that people in here talk about me, I certainly think I have the right to respond to them. Whether they are big enough to read my responses isn't really my problem.

On top of that, check out this typical two-faced comment from Rebecca herself. She apparently does not grasp the irony of her words. Do these idiots even *read* what they post? :haha:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=932405&postcount=1562

So says the Queen of trash-talking-people-behind-their-backs. Is she for real?

I haven't written anything on any other forum that I wouldn't tell any of you to "your face", in internet terms. Being two faced involves well, demonstrating two sides of the same thing in two different venues. I haven't done that. My views are pretty consistent across boards.

If you want to make fun of me for what I say on my own board, please, get it right before doing so. I don't appreciate lies.

Chloe le Bopper
01-02-2005, 08:22 AM

Now, even I laughed at this. heya :hearts:

Chloe le Bopper
01-02-2005, 08:27 AM

You know, I don't exactly appreciate the generalization. I didn't see anything wrong with your post, and as I said to Lee... I wouldn't have noticed it had she not taken the time to point it out. I wouldn't notice half of the things that are posted in there.

If you can go over to my board and read my posts there, then you owe it to me to taked the time to own up to the fact that you're wrong not to make a point of excluding me from this.

Well, the thread talks about more than just you guys. At least it used to. I don't read the entire thing, I don't keep up. But I know that I've complained in there about things totally unrelated to you guys.

And, you know, it goes both ways. Here you are devoting pages to "us". Not that I blame you for being irritated, or whatever it is that you are. Amused? Either or.

I can't speak for the rest of them, but I assure you that I don't read everything written in this forum and report it back to my board. Again, the generalizations are irritating. There is a reason you don't see me running around these days saying nonsense things about "Roddick fans", or what have you.

Chloe le Bopper
01-02-2005, 08:29 AM
How pitiful.

Thanks for the link. There I am saying that I have no problem with Golfnduck. I'm such a horrible person :p

Chloe le Bopper
01-02-2005, 08:32 AM

Ahem. I had your back :p

Chloe le Bopper
01-02-2005, 08:33 AM
I see they've even posted stuff about me :haha: :haha: :haha:

I don't even know them or talk to them! :lol:

Be a dear and link me up to that, because I don't remember reading that. Unless it had to do with politics... in which case I guess that I did.

Chloe le Bopper
01-02-2005, 08:34 AM

Thank you Naldo, for noticing that we aren't all just one poster over there.

Chloe le Bopper
01-02-2005, 08:36 AM
It has actually been only one or two andy fans who have posted in the Duck Hunt thread the past few days, I woulnt call that "Ducklovers" invading it. And you are allowed to come here if you want :shrug:

The "problem" with the duckhunt thread is Leena spamming it and people taking her seriously, which spams it further. Why you're all getting the flack for it, I don't know.

Chloe le Bopper
01-02-2005, 08:38 AM

Leena has posted there for quite some time now :)

Chloe le Bopper
01-02-2005, 08:40 AM
I do wish that Tangy and whoever else would stop thinking of people at my forum as "my sheep". That's completely idiotic. Aside from the "we're all individuals" BS, if any of us stands out as somebody who disagrees with the others the most, it's me. As a rule, I like different players and don't bitch about the same things (although I do bitch, of course). Their opinions in no way reflect my own, unless I have stated the opinion myself. I'll be damned if I'm going to take crap for what other people have said.

Chloe le Bopper
01-02-2005, 08:41 AM
You know....... we're kinda criticizing the cult forum because they copy links to mtf and talk about them, but then here the same thing is happening with arguments brought in from other areas of MTF and the posters talked about.

Ding ding!

Thus, neither side has any reason to be getting all self righteous over the others talking about them.

Chloe le Bopper
01-02-2005, 08:48 AM
I find it funny that I got good-repped by Rebecca.
I thought, "Cool, she wants to respect me."
A few days later, she called us fans "half-wits" because she
1- insisted that it was wrong to insult fans in fan forums, but she didn't care.
2- wanted to mock and hurt people as others copy her. "It's not private."
3- convinced sjengster/gwh/fedex/sigmagirl/frylans, etc.. that most fans here are enemies.
4- thought that we deleted any post, not only troll posts.
I'm sure when Andy wins a lot, things get quiet and detractors will come back to contribute "constructive criticism."
Like, "He faked his injury in Toronto.
He influenced the umpire.
He won because of bad calls!!
Don't you dare criticize anyone else!"

When he loses, ooops, 10 threads fill up GM!!!!! I wonder why. heehee

Heya, your posts are occasionally funny. That's probably why I good repped you. Heck, I even good repped Tangy not that long ago. I can't remember why, but I think she had a point on something. If somebody has a good point or makes me laugh, I'll good rep. I don't give a crap who it is or what has happened with us in the past. I don't pick favourites when it comes to reputation, because well, that would make me feel ultra lame.

Anyways, hee. I started out replying seriously to a heya post :lol:

Chloe le Bopper
01-02-2005, 08:50 AM
I can't rep you again, heya :sad:

But awesome post nonetheless :)

Funny. We've never conversed (or have we? If we have it didn't register), yet you seem to be throwing heya a lot of support for his/her posts that are little more than insults for me. I don't really mind, but you do realize that you're being a touch hypocritical, no? :confused:

If we have conversed or I was particularly insulting towards you and simply forget, do enlighten me. It could well have happened.

Chloe le Bopper
01-02-2005, 08:51 AM
I've posted at Becca's board for a while because she's hilarious and I love her.

I love you too Leena :kiss:

Havok
01-02-2005, 06:41 PM
Thank you Naldo, for noticing that we aren't all just one poster over there.
No problem.:hatoff:

theMEESH
01-02-2005, 07:26 PM
You know... i never thought i was ever actually going to post anything in this forum until i saw this thread... its quite funny how people go off topic so easily... i just read like 2 pages about whether andy was going to go back to the visor (which i think is a good idea because it makes his head look less akward shaped...) and then BAM! everyone starts talking about how so and so is bashing them... i'm not trying to get into since i think both sides has good points, but since i'm really bored, i thought i'd say something. okay well... i said something... and now i'll go back to being anonymous.

Deboogle!.
01-02-2005, 07:27 PM
well BabyAngel... heya has this wonderful (and we all love it!) tendency to post things completely randomly.... so she posted the link to the other site randomly, and that's how it began. So, it really wasn't all that random... I guess :scratch:

Anyway, glad you posted, but sorry that it took you almost a year since joining:sad: If you read the forum, you know we're silly! You can't resist talking more, I know it ;):devil:

liptea
01-02-2005, 08:09 PM
Hum.

I hope Andy goes back to the pre-Brad style, before becoming so competitive. At some point this year, his sportsmanship has been so questionable. I think that we all have conflicts between our conscience and our desire to win, and I'm glad Andy has discovered that sometimes throwing sportsmanship and fun aside for winning isn't profitable in the long run.

Hi BabyAngel! All the forums are totally random here.
Don't be anonymous! I just read the forums until October (when I joined in January...), and it's a lot more fun to participate.

Deboogle!.
01-02-2005, 08:15 PM
Andy was pretty darn competitive before Brad... he was just more overt about it. Which is why I think a lot of people thought he was more fun before Brad. That makes sense, even though I personally disagree. But he stopped doing things like high-5ing the crowd and stuff... but I'm not positive you can attribute it to Brad telling him to stop... he's also growing up at the same time and god I hope he's growing out of some of that immaturity on his own lmao

What do you think was questionable about his sportsmanship? He applauded his opponents (both literally on court with his racquet and figuratively with his graciousness in press conferences) as much, if not more than, he ever has. Or did you mean something else? I'm just curious liptea:)

Chloe le Bopper
01-02-2005, 08:19 PM
You know, it's rather pathetic that Deb can take the time to read my board and to post about me, but won't read/respond to my retorts. I didn't come in here to insult people, but I really don't have a better word for it... it's pathetic. The same can be said for Tangerine Dream.

MissFairy
01-02-2005, 08:22 PM
hiya BabyAngelB1 :wavey: join in the fun...its cool in here, and the people are lovely, and to top it off they can be hilarious! post more often...go on!

liptea
01-02-2005, 08:23 PM
Andy was pretty darn competitive before Brad... he was just more overt about it. Which is why I think a lot of people thought he was more fun before Brad. That makes sense, even though I personally disagree. But he stopped doing things like high-5ing the crowd and stuff... but I'm not positive you can attribute it to Brad telling him to stop... he's also growing up at the same time and god I hope he's growing out of some of that immaturity on his own lmao

What do you think was questionable about his sportsmanship? He applauded his opponents (both literally on court with his racquet and figuratively with his graciousness in press conferences) as much, if not more than, he ever has. Or did you mean something else? I'm just curious liptea:)

Hmm, I was thinking about the rain delay he called at Wimbledon against Ancic. From what I could tell, it wasn't raining, but I could be wrong.

I just find it scary that it seemed that he was so dependent on Brad. And that moment was something that kinda weirded me out about Andy. It made me feel like he thought he couldn't win without Brad's assistance.

But he's still hot and cool and an excellent player. So hopefully, Andy'll realize that without Gilbert.

liptea
01-02-2005, 08:25 PM
It amazes me how fast you guys can post on these threads.

Deboogle!.
01-02-2005, 08:45 PM
yea, we're fast ;)

Hmm, I was thinking about the rain delay he called at Wimbledon against Ancic. From what I could tell, it wasn't raining, but I could be wrong.

OH!! ok yea, I wasn't thrilled with him for that one :o But I guess I always just felt, the ref is the one who makes the final decision :shrug: But yeah :smash:

I just find it scary that it seemed that he was so dependent on Brad. And that moment was something that kinda weirded me out about Andy. It made me feel like he thought he couldn't win without Brad's assistance.

Agreed. He also just always looks up to him in the box SO much.

But he's still hot and cool and an excellent player. So hopefully, Andy'll realize that without Gilbert.

:cool: hopefully!

Gonzo Hates Me!
01-02-2005, 09:26 PM
You know, it's rather pathetic that Deb can take the time to read my board and to post about me, but won't read/respond to my retorts. I didn't come in here to insult people, but I really don't have a better word for it... it's pathetic. The same can be said for Tangerine Dream.

I don't think Deb owes it to you, to respond to you. The most she has done for you, is not go reply in your forum, when you guys have pages and pages dedicated to talking about her and her friends. The fact that you can't sit still and return the favor, that's a bit pathetic. Yes, we read your board, and read what you guys say about us. But we won't respond in your board to what you guys say because that's your place to do your thing. And this is our place. Yes, it's a public forum, you're allowed to come here. But generally speaking, and let's get real here, this Roddick forum is a community of Roddick fans who feel very comfortable around eachother, same with your community at The Tennis Cult. Both public forums, but the social division is there. It just is. And that should be that. And for that, I don't think anyone here is pathetic for not responding to you. They don't HAVE to. The posters here don't go to your board and respond to things you guys type there. 'Cause that's your place of comfortability. You work a little different, and you like to respond to things said about you, no matter where those things are said. You're a tough chick. But not everyone feels the need to do that.

Deboogle!.
01-02-2005, 09:31 PM
I'm only seeing the post about me because Mrs. Guga quoted it - I don't reply to you because I don't read your posts, not because I read what you say and choose not to say anything in return - what a concept. I have been to your forum exactly twice, Rebecca, both when heya posted the links. I don't go there every day, and I have not read the entire Ducknation thread. Sorry, I'm not as obsessed with you as you are with me and I don't derive pleasure from insulting others.

Thanks Mrs. Guga :kiss: But don't worry about me, I grew out of caring what she and her cronies say about me months ago. But, I must say, her use of pathetic considering what goes on at a board that bears her own name, is rather ironic :)

Bye now :wavey: Go rip this apart on your board, I won't be reading it :)

tangerine_dream
01-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Welcome Missy and BabyAngel :wavey: Nice to see some new fans around here. :D Jump in the fun. You don't have to be a die-hard Andy fan to hang out, either. Just be fun, friendly, and not be a hater or a troll. ;)

Gonzo Hates Me!
01-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Yeah, hi BabyAngel! Hehe, I swear, we really are a happy bunch!

Tytta!.
01-02-2005, 09:36 PM
I'm only seeing the post about me because Mrs. Guga quoted it - I don't reply to you because I don't read your posts, not because I read what you say and choose not to say anything in return - what a concept. I have been to your forum exactly twice, Rebecca, both when heya posted the links. I don't go there every day, and I have not read the entire Ducknation thread. Sorry, I'm not as obsessed with you as you are with me and I don't derive pleasure from insulting others.

Thanks Mrs. Guga :kiss: But don't worry about me, I grew out of caring what she and her cronies say about me months ago. But, I must say, her use of pathetic considering what goes on at a board that bears her own name, is rather ironic :)

Bye now :wavey: Go rip this apart on your board, I won't be reading it :)

And really, why would you waste your time reading those posts? ;) They don't deserve 0,0001% of your attention ;)

Gonzo Hates Me!
01-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Okay, when I said "we" read the forum, I realize that probably just means me and Heya that read the forum :o what can I say, I am gossip freak :D

Chloe le Bopper
01-02-2005, 09:40 PM
Okay, when I said "we" read the forum, I realize that probably just means me and Heya that read the forum :o what can I say, I am gossip freak :D
I knew what you meant :)

Deboogle!.
01-02-2005, 09:45 PM
And really, why would you waste your time reading those posts? ;) They don't deserve 0,0001% of your attention ;)

Exactly, I could care less. And that's why I use the ignore function. And anyway, this board is time-consuming enough :lol: There are loads of other nice tennis boards, I'm sure, but one is enough to handle LOL

No worries, Mrs. Guga :) Like I said, I just really could care less. If you want to read it, enjoy :cool:

So anyway, how about that visor :D

roisin
01-02-2005, 09:51 PM
bring it back andy! :worship:

Tytta!.
01-02-2005, 09:52 PM
Exactly, I could care less.

:worship: :)

By now he's way older to use it again but when he was younger it was cute :D But the backwards hat looks great on him!

Deboogle!.
01-02-2005, 09:52 PM
I'd kinda like to see the backwards hat make appearance more often - like at night or indoors. But as long as he doesn't pull out those insect-like sunglasses, or a headband :scared:, I think it's ok :)

edit.... typing the same time as you Renata :sobbing: Yea, what you said LMFAO

tangerine_dream
01-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Exactly, I could care less. And that's why I use the ignore function. And anyway, this board is time-consuming enough :lol:

This board is also loads more fun. :)

Besides, why would anyone want to waste their time reading GWH's pretentious, sanctimonious garbage and then read all the leg-humping posts he uses to reply to himself with under his half-dozen alias'? :lol: :cuckoo:

But anyway, getting back to what liptea was saying, I agree that about the only sportsmanship thing Andy's done this year is at Wimbledon when he asked the chair ump for a rain delay time-out. But that's still not nearly as bad as the crap Nalbandian, Safin, Massu, and a host of others pulled this year.

I also hope that with his new coach, Andy won't be quite as uptight and will have a bit more fun out there. :)

Gonzo Hates Me!
01-02-2005, 09:56 PM
Look Rebecca, I'm really not in the mood to have a battle of words, just for the sake of having one. I'm just gonna say this:

I will use the word "you guys" whenever I want to talk about, oh, um, you guys. You know what "you guys" means. It means, everybody from the DuckNation thread. Don't make an issue out of nothing please.

Why are you bringing up that I sent you a New Years PM on your Cult forum? Should I be embarassed for doing that? I admitted that I read your board. And you better have enjoyed that PM too.

Maybe you don't find it pathetic that you were here calling people pathetic for not responding to you because you felt that what they said were lies. But like I said, not everyone is down for a battle of words. Let people tell their "lies" Rebecca. Life will go on. You feel the need to respond to EVERYTHING. "Lies" or not.

And I knew you would say, "my board is an open forum where anyone can come," blah blah blah. I know that, that's why I have been a member of it since lord knows how long. When I talk of a specific community there, I am strictly referrinf to the Ducknation thread. And honey, you knew that, so stop making an issue out of nothing.

People get banned from this Roddick forum. That's very unfortunate, but I'm not Amanda, so don't get mad at me.

People aren't cowards. They're just not stubborn, like you. You never let anything die. :)

And why do you keep bringing up Leena? She doesn't count... for anything

roisin
01-02-2005, 09:58 PM
I'd kinda like to see the backwards hat make appearance more often - like at night or indoors. But as long as he doesn't pull out those insect-like sunglasses, or a headband :scared:, I think it's ok :)

*shudder* andy with a headband..........that would not be a good look. :p

Tytta!.
01-02-2005, 10:07 PM

sunglasses + headband = :bolt: :scared:

roisin
01-02-2005, 10:12 PM
id love to see this sorta style return....

Deboogle!.
01-02-2005, 10:14 PM
*shudder* andy with a headband..........that would not be a good look. :p

:scared: it's not. :bigcry: :rolls:

http://www.tennisphotoworld.com/Roddick/2002LeggMason/andylm1.jpghttp://www.tennisphotoworld.com/Roddick/2002LeggMason/andyboo2.jpg

Leena
01-02-2005, 10:15 PM
And why do you keep bringing up Leena? She doesn't count... for anything

Oh, ok.

Gonzo Hates Me!
01-02-2005, 10:16 PM
Are your feelings hurt?

Tytta!.
01-02-2005, 10:18 PM
:scared: it's not. :bigcry: :rolls:

http://www.tennisphotoworld.com/Roddick/2002LeggMason/andylm1.jpghttp://www.tennisphotoworld.com/Roddick/2002LeggMason/andyboo2.jpg

:haha: You didn't have to remember us about it :scared::lol: :p

Deboogle!.
01-02-2005, 10:19 PM
:haha: You didn't have to remember us about it :scared::lol: :p

I know, I didn't HAVE to...

but maybe roisin had never seen it. And if we had to suffer with it, so should roisin and any other newer fans :bigcry: :haha:

Leena
01-02-2005, 10:19 PM
Are your feelings hurt?
Why did you say that about me.

Tytta!.
01-02-2005, 10:21 PM

but maybe roisin had never seen it. And if we had to suffer with it, so should roisin and any other newer fans :bigcry: :haha:

True! :lol: Enjoy, girls :haha:

Gonzo Hates Me!
01-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Why did you say that about me.

Because Rebecca was using you to prove a point, but you don't count, because, you're posts are very sarcastic anyway

speaking of Rebecca, why is her post missing?

heya
01-02-2005, 10:45 PM
The headband looks better on him than on a lot of other guys.
Sometimes, he wears the hat backwards when he feels embarrassed and insecure.

Leena
01-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Because Rebecca was using you to prove a point, but you don't count, because, you're posts are very sarcastic anyway

speaking of Rebecca, why is her post missing?
I'm serious on occasion.

And despite the jocular exterior of my posts, I'm probably the biggest tennis expert here.

aceit
01-02-2005, 11:06 PM
The headband looks better on him than on a lot of other guys.

True! I just had a funny thought. Imagine if it was mandatory for all players to wear a headband. That would be a funny site for a few of the players with one on. :p

Gonzo Hates Me!
01-02-2005, 11:10 PM
There's nothing wrong with not being serious. To me, that just seems like no one can phase you easily

And I know you know a lot about tennis. You're always in the Useless Trivia thread late while I'm in threads like, "Who's the Horniest Poster"

I'm serious on occasion.

And despite the jocular exterior of my posts, I'm probably the biggest tennis expert here.

Havok
01-03-2005, 12:52 AM
I'm serious on occasion.

Come on Leena, we all know that The Boiled Egg rules all, end of story.:p

Deb, those headband photos you got are his best ones. You need to bust out the Paris Bercy 02 ones so get the full crap effect of his headband days.;)

Deboogle!.
01-03-2005, 12:59 AM
Deb, those headband photos you got are his best ones. You need to bust out the Paris Bercy 02 ones so get the full crap effect of his headband days.;)

You mean these? :scared: :tears: They're from Madrid... i'm not sure which is worse :unsure:

tangerine_dream
01-03-2005, 01:00 AM

I agree. I've never seen those pics and I think those are the best ones I've seen of him with his headband. :p

Leena
01-03-2005, 01:02 AM
Come on Leena, we all know that The Boiled Egg rules all, end of story.:p

He does know more about the 12 year olds and The Brain Krasnoroutskaya.

Deboogle!.
01-03-2005, 01:02 AM
the only reason they're not AS bad is b/c his hair is longer. still horrific, IMO :p

they're from 2002 Washington DC Legg Mason, btw.

J. Corwin
01-03-2005, 01:33 AM
the only reason they're not AS bad is b/c his hair is longer. still horrific, IMO :p

they're from 2002 Washington DC Legg Mason, btw.

which begs the 2002 Paris Bercy question, why wear the headband if you've got no hair? :p

Deboogle!.
01-03-2005, 01:36 AM
I dunno, ask James Blake lmao.

Why wear one at all, really. :shrug:

aceit
01-03-2005, 01:49 AM
I dunno, ask James Blake lmao.

Havok
01-03-2005, 01:53 AM
He does know more about the 12 year olds and The Brain Krasnoroutskaya.
:haha::haha:

Ack sorry I wrote Bercy 02. I knew it was one of the indoor TMS events that year, but I was wrong. Oh well. Now that I look at those pictures, holy crap Andy was so tiny :retard:. The black one is much better than that white one, which looked to be a tad pinkish as well, beacause of the hair obviously. Anyways I'm glad those headband days are over and done with. :)

superpinkone37
01-03-2005, 01:56 AM
Yes. We want no returns of the headbeads. :)

Golfnduck
01-03-2005, 04:23 AM
The headband on Andy is definately different. I hadn't seen that picture before.

NikeTennis
01-03-2005, 04:27 AM
any pics of what roddick will wear for the australian summer?

MisterQ
01-03-2005, 07:00 AM
which begs the 2002 Paris Bercy question, why wear the headband if you've got no hair? :p

Jimi Hendrix used to soak his headband in LSD. I'll bet Andy could beat Fed if he saw him as a big friendly flower. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/1/character12.gif

J. Corwin
01-03-2005, 07:06 AM

Andre could have done the same thing with his headgear to beat Pete. Oh wait, he did...http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/1/character12.gif
AO 95! :rocker2:

Too bad he later decided to be headgear-less. :sad:

NikeTennis
01-03-2005, 07:22 AM
what will roddick wear any pics of his new reebok outfit?

roisin
01-03-2005, 12:40 PM

ahhh! omg im scarred for life!!!

why would andy do such a thing?! headbands are 4 people with long hair.

thanx deb for making me suffer! :p

Deboogle!.
01-03-2005, 01:25 PM
any pics of what roddick will wear for the australian summer?

Nope, sorry, we're not sure. Last year when he showed up in Doha it was a surprise what he was wearing.

ahhh! omg im scarred for life!!!

why would andy do such a thing?! headbands are 4 people with long hair.

thanx deb for making me suffer! :p

awwwwwww don't be scared Roisin :hug: But you know, you had to be included. All ducks have to suffer together ;)

roisin
01-03-2005, 02:42 PM
awwwwwww don't be scared Roisin :hug: But you know, you had to be included. All ducks have to suffer together ;)

s'ok im sure i'll cope. ducks gotta stick together! :yeah:

liptea
01-03-2005, 06:10 PM
Andy and surprise clothing isn't a good combination. I almost had a heart attack at the US Open.

Deboogle!.
01-03-2005, 06:25 PM
awwww :hug: poor you LMFAO... some of us had seen a preview of the outfit b/c he'd worn it at an exhibition in june before Wimby...

I hope he never wears anything like that again - guess we'll find out in about a week or so at Kooyong :)

roisin
01-03-2005, 06:28 PM
i woudln't put anything past andy when it comes to the fashion department. he's one kerazy boy. that us open outfit was..... different.... he was just trying to take the spotlight away from serena :p

liptea
01-03-2005, 06:38 PM
He did a very good job, although it would take something remarkable (Carlos/Andy/someone hot playing with no shirt on? :drool:) to surpass Serena

roisin
01-03-2005, 06:42 PM
oooh playing with no tops......i say they should try that sometime. :yeah:

Iza
01-03-2005, 07:58 PM
:unsure: that black headband makes him look like a homie...the hood, the headband... is it my impression or Andy is pimipin'?

RonE
01-03-2005, 08:21 PM
Andy with a headband? That could be interesting- a Ninja Duck :aplot:

RonE
01-03-2005, 08:26 PM
Wow- I guess Ninja Ducks really do exist....

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=18070&forum_id=11

aceit
01-03-2005, 08:51 PM
oooh playing with no tops......i say they should try that sometime. :yeah:

Imagine this: Andy vs. JMG - that would be a fun match to watch. :drool:

Wow- I guess Ninja Ducks really do exist....

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=18070&forum_id=11

:eek: That thing is SCARY. :bolt:

roisin
01-03-2005, 09:16 PM

hmm i could of another few nice match ups to drool over as well!

Golfnduck
01-03-2005, 09:36 PM
Andy with a headband? That could be interesting- a Ninja Duck :aplot:
LMFAO!!!! :sobbing:

aceit
01-03-2005, 09:40 PM
hmm i could of another few nice match ups to drool over as well!

Imagine if a bunch of them got together to do a shirtless exhibition match for a charity or something. They could make a lot of money together! :hearts:

roisin
01-03-2005, 09:45 PM
and BAM! we have a way to get them topless! wicked idea, send it off to the ATP and in no time we'll have a shirtless tournament! :drool:

aceit
01-03-2005, 09:46 PM
It surely would help promote the game. :devil:

How about doubles too? :)

liptea
01-03-2005, 09:46 PM
Moya vs. JCF :hearts:
Andy vs. Marat

OK, can't talk now. Too much beauty.

Deboogle!.
01-03-2005, 10:46 PM

Saw it in March :hearts: But they had their shirts on :ras:

aceit
01-03-2005, 10:57 PM
Saw it in March :hearts: But they had their shirts on :ras:

That's ok. Shirts leave some for the imagination. :)

MissFairy
01-04-2005, 03:36 PM
forget imagination, we wanna see it live and topless, hehe :lol: cmon we only live once right? and just in case tournement directors are reading this, invite andy and marat to it okay? coz thatd be a sporting moment to be sure!

aceit
01-04-2005, 08:31 PM
invite andy and marat to it okay?!

:bowdown:

Adman
01-04-2005, 09:15 PM
I think that Andy looked good in the hat (backward or Front), but I have to agree he does look a little amaturish when he wears the visor.

theMEESH
01-05-2005, 01:42 AM
Ooooh.... whats this about a shirtless competition? ::drools:: i would love to be a ball girl for that tournament....

roisin
01-05-2005, 01:40 PM
forget imagination, we wanna see it live and topless, hehe :lol: cmon we only live once right? and just in case tournement directors are reading this, invite andy and marat to it okay? coz thatd be a sporting moment to be sure!
throw in jc and moya and i will worship that tournament (and its director)

MissFairy
01-05-2005, 02:10 PM
throw in jc and moya and i will worship that tournament (and its director)

damn straight, i would too!! hmm maybe just a doubles exhibition in summer (so they dont get cold, the poor darlings!) and ahem...could they make it in london, lol coz otherwise i would have to catch it on tv, and it just wouldnt do them justice...plus hey! i want some personal topless tennis playing watching time LIVE! hell yes!! :lol:

roisin
01-05-2005, 02:49 PM
londons not warm in the summer! but then again neither is ireland.....
hmmm.....
i say bring it over to my back garden, we've LOADS of room. y'all are invited as well. but u have to leave after the match cos i want the topless *hotties* for myself!

*cue evil laugh*

MissFairy
01-05-2005, 03:30 PM
i smell an evil plan...:lol:
may i stay after the tournement roisin? coz ummm....i .....love the irish view, (well by that i mean andy without his shirt on lol) i thinks its only fair, as i have forfeited the london idea, i shall even sponsor the exhibition..make it the MissFairy 2005 expo..wooo yeah baybee!

aceit
01-05-2005, 04:43 PM
Lets compose a list of guys we would like to see there (if anyone cares to do so).

I will start :p
Roddick, of course
Safin
JMG
Moya
JC

I'm sure some of you could help with the list. ;)

Deboogle!.
01-05-2005, 04:57 PM
Flip
Verdasco

MissFairy
01-05-2005, 05:03 PM
blakey! he must get an invite (invite his dreads too ;) )

aceit
01-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Ok, that can be arranged. Along with Andy's old pinapple hair. It can be a sexy hair showdown. ;)