Fan Experiences [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Fan Experiences

aceit
12-21-2004, 12:45 AM
Has anyone had any Andy fan experiences?

I've only seen him play in the 2002 USO, and I saw him practice this year at the USO. I caught the end of his practice session and I got his autograph in the end. I also have some good pictures of him on my webpage if anyone wants to see.

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/72156/index.html

So does anyone have any interesting stories to share? :wavey: I love hearing about fan experiences.

J. Corwin
12-21-2004, 12:48 AM
http://www.roddickonline.com/index.php?exclusives

"Report from Siebel Open finals"

It was awesome.

star
12-21-2004, 12:50 AM
Sorry, I don't. There are always so many people around him when he practices, etc., I just think that the best thing I can do for him is to let him alone. :)

Not that I'm saying people who get his autographs shouldn't do it. I just think I'm too old to compete with all the kids who want autographs so badly. Plus the couple of times I got an autograph from a player.... i was sort of like.... what do I do with it now. :lol:

aceit
12-21-2004, 01:01 AM
http://www.roddickonline.com/index.php?exclusives

"Report from Siebel Open finals"

It was awesome.

Nice! :) And I'm going to quote you here... "Both players had big strokes and great volleys and there were a few amazing passing shots, mostly by Andy." Even Andy's volleys? :lol: Your experience sounds amazing. ANDY + MARDY = :worship:

aceit
12-21-2004, 01:04 AM
Sorry, I don't. There are always so many people around him when he practices, etc., I just think that the best thing I can do for him is to let him alone. :)

Not that I'm saying people who get his autographs shouldn't do it. I just think I'm too old to compete with all the kids who want autographs so badly. Plus the couple of times I got an autograph from a player.... i was sort of like.... what do I do with it now. :lol:

You savor it forever, of course. :) I loved watching him because, well, it was Andy. And because I love taking pictures, so it was fun. ;) It was funny, when Andy put back his shirt on the end some girls yelled "NO ANDY. KEEP IT OFF!" Some fans were 100x crazier then I would have the nerve to say in front of anyone I admire.

star
12-21-2004, 01:23 AM
Yeah........ I know.. Weird what people in the public eye go through.

Like right now, I've been named in a suit as a defendant along with Lisa Marie Presley and Elvis Presley. I'm just rolling my eyes. This is a one time deal for me, but Lisa Marie must have many, many wierd people like this doing strange and weird things that involve her for no reason at all.

Deboogle!.
12-21-2004, 01:49 AM
I went to both Scottsdale and Houston (star :hug::hug: ) this past year and saw Andy several times at both. My reports are on the same site that Jackson gave the link to. and my pics from it are in the photogalleries there too in the exclusives section :)

superpinkone37
12-21-2004, 02:01 AM
I went to IW last year and saw andy practice and did the whole autograph and hug thing. I also went to one of the matches and saw front row-- very cool :yeah: A few of my pictures are on Roddick Online too :)

Jennay
12-21-2004, 02:48 AM
I don't have any fan experiences with ATP players, though I do hope to go to the Nasdaq-100 or Delray Beach next year. :)

I did go to a small WTA tournament in Sarasota a few years ago, though, where I met Martina Navratilova and Anastasia Myskina :)

aceit
12-21-2004, 03:01 AM
Very cool, everybody.

I did go to a small WTA tournament in Sarasota a few years ago, though, where I met Martina Navratilova and Anastasia Myskina :)

:eek: MARTINA! :bowdown: That's so very awesome.

Havok
12-21-2004, 03:07 AM
I don't have any fan experiences with ATP players, though I do hope to go to the Nasdaq-100 or Delray Beach next year. :)

and didn't bother waiting around to watch Dokic play :ras: who ended up winning the event.:smoke:

Devotee
12-21-2004, 06:51 AM
I saw Andy play in person against Sampras at the Nasdaq-100 in
Miami 2001. After he beat Pete, Andy was walking to the net with
his racket & arms holding his head & smiling, like he couldn't believe
he had just beaten a superstar. :p

I also saw him in Davis Cup. Andy was the life of the team the same
way some people are the life of the party. :aparty: He & Pat McEnroe seemed to get along real well.

At the Masters Cup 2003, I along with some other fans, were lined up
at the stadium exit, after a match. Andy stopped to sign autographs
for some fans. :hearts: I was standing almost right next to a girl who
got his autograph & seconds later she got a big sexy wink from Andy!
She & her 2 friends were gushing & blushing & squealing & flailing
for about 30 seconds! :speakles:

Also, at the Masters Cup 2003, Andy had a mob around him, watching
him practice with Brad Gilbert. :tennis: I was sitting on the front row of the stands! :D During the last 10-15 minutes of his practice, Andy was acting silly & having fun, cracking jokes. :silly: He used his racket like a baseball bat to knock the tennis ball as far as yards in the neighborhood. He also engaged in a running conversation with us fans. One little boy commented to Andy that he (Andy) sure was driving his car fast when he arrived at the tournament site that morning. Andy replied that he was "just testing the suspension on the car". That was so cool to see him as just a regular human being, who happens to have immense talent! :cool:

superpinkone37
12-21-2004, 06:59 AM
wow, sounds like you have had some pretty cool experiences! :rocker2: thanks for sharing :)

Deboogle!.
12-21-2004, 07:05 AM
I saw Andy play in person against Sampras at the Nasdaq-100 in
Miami 2001. After he beat Pete, Andy was walking to the net with
his racket & arms holding his head & smiling, like he couldn't believe
he had just beaten a superstar. :p

ohmygod you saw this match, I hate you!! ;) :p this is the one match I can't find anywhere on tape or DVD :sad:

Devotee
12-21-2004, 07:43 AM
ohmygod you saw this match, I hate you!! ;) :p this is the one match I can't find anywhere on tape or DVD :sad:

If you want to order the 2001 Miami match tape of Roddick versus Sampras
(named the TMS Ericsson back then), go to www.tennistapes.com &
scroll down to click on Roddick! :yippee:

MissFairy
12-21-2004, 12:56 PM
me and a friend saw andy at wimbledon at the end of June this year. it was on one of the smallest courts there, and we were third row, it was so cool! we saw bob and mike play too. and you wouldnt believe, it didnt rain ONCE! go london! lol, andy was really good and he even volleyed once or maybe even twice! it was the first time i ever saw live tennis so i was so excited, silly tho coz i live like 15 mins away from wimbledon! xxxxx

star
12-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Devotee! Lilme! Nice reports.

I got the pleasure of seeing Andy beat Sampras too, but in Houston. :) I know it was on clay but it was a good match. It was 3 sets and I thought there was a possibility of Sampras winning. I was so thrilled when Andy won, but by that time, I guess he wasn't as star struck around Sampras. :)

heya
12-21-2004, 03:00 PM
7-6 6-3 2 sets?? :scratch:

Havok
12-21-2004, 05:36 PM
Yeah, it wasn't 3 sets star.:p

k-rod83
12-21-2004, 05:58 PM
i met andy at wimby this year

Neely
12-21-2004, 06:05 PM
Not that I'm saying people who get his autographs shouldn't do it. I just think I'm too old to compete with all the kids who want autographs so badly.
very true, I'm thinking the same about that. I would even feel kind of childish if I queued for a player's autograph and around me are all little children that are mostly around 10 to 15 years old.
Not that I'm not enjoying a player's presence, but I don't have to stand in the first rows for that.

aceit
12-21-2004, 09:37 PM
Sampras + Roddick = :worship:
And two of you guys saw them playing? :eek: That must have been beyond amazing.

star
12-21-2004, 11:25 PM
Yeah, it wasn't 3 sets star.:p

well, ok. it seemed like three sets. :lol:

Jennay
12-22-2004, 01:34 AM
and didn't bother waiting around to watch Dokic play :ras: who ended up winning the event.:smoke:
I had been there for 4 hours in over 100 degree weather, give me a break :p

Havok
12-22-2004, 03:36 AM
I had been there for 4 hours in over 100 degree weather, give me a break :p
No, I'll never make you live this one down.:drive: