Mardy in '05 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Mardy in '05

Deboogle!.
12-20-2004, 03:08 PM
his site put his early 2005 schedule up :)

Jan 10 - 16 Medibank Private International Sydney, Australia
Jan 17 - 30 Australian Open Melbourne, Australia
Feb 7 - 13 Siebel Open San Jose, CA
Feb 14 - 20 Kroger St. Jude Tennis Classic Memphis, TN
Mar 7 - 20 Pacific Life Open Indian Wells, CA
Mar 21 - Apr 3 NASDAQ-100 Open Miami, FL
Apr 11 - 17 Tennis Masters Monte-Carlo Monte Carlo, Monaco
Apr 18 - 24 U.S. Men's Claycourt Championships Houston, TX
May 2 - 8 Telecom Italia Masters Rome, Italy
May 9 - 15 Masters Series Hamburg Hamburg, Germany
May 23 - June 5 Roland Garros Paris, France
June 6 - 12 Stella Artois Championships London, England
June 20 - July 3 The Wimbledon Championships London, England

ataptc
12-20-2004, 04:02 PM
hope he has a better year with Todd :)

Jennay
12-20-2004, 08:21 PM
Where the crap is Delray Beach :fiery: :fiery:

Deboogle!.
12-20-2004, 08:41 PM
I dunno Jen, I saw that and thought of you immediately :(:(:(

Golfnduck
12-20-2004, 09:12 PM
At least he is playing in some European Clay events. Hopefully Todd will kick his butt into gear.

aceit
12-20-2004, 09:57 PM
At least he is playing in some European Clay events. Hopefully Todd will kick his butt into gear.

I hope so too! I really hope that Mardy can break into the top 10 this year. I can tell it will be tough, but I'm sure he can. Or atleast in 06. :)

GOOO MARDY. :worship: BTW - thanks for the schedule.

Deboogle!.
12-20-2004, 10:23 PM
Well he was scheduled to play the three masters on clay last year too, but that's when he started his hip problem.

I see he's playing Houston. I am concerned that the Americans are still playing this event. I know they kind of have to and I know that Mack probably pays them well to play it, but it is disappointing, they need to be playing in Europe with the real clay-courters or they won't ever improve.

aceit
12-20-2004, 10:56 PM
I see he's playing Houston. I am concerned that the Americans are still playing this event. I know they kind of have to and I know that Mack probably pays them well to play it, but it is disappointing, they need to be playing in Europe with the real clay-courters or they won't ever improve.

Good point. That is true, but the Americans right now aren't real good on that surface anyway. I'm sure that they all want to improve and have a better clay court record, but it's dosen't seem to be a big goal of theirs. Hardcourts are def. first priority. But I do agree that they need to play in Europe to get better.

Deboogle!.
12-20-2004, 11:05 PM
yeah....but Houston IS on clay, it just draws very weak clay-courters (mostly Americans and a few others). Plus it requires going to Monte Carlo, then going back overseas to Houston then immediately back overseas again. That is ridiculous.

rue
12-21-2004, 03:50 AM
I think that it will be a much better year for him. He is way too talented to do any worse than he did this year. I think that Todd Martin is going to really help him improve alot.

Deboogle!.
12-21-2004, 03:59 AM
I read that Todd won't actually be traveling with him - the coach who will actually travel with him will be doubles player Scott Humphries. Not the most successful doubles player, but perhaps he's an excellent coach :awww:

smucav
12-21-2004, 05:25 AM
I read that Todd won't actually be traveling with him - the coach who will actually travel with him will be doubles player Scott Humphries. Not the most successful doubles player, but perhaps he's an excellent coach :awww:
Todd didn't want to go on the road; that's one of the reasons he retired.

Scott Humphries was recently a hitting partner/traveling coach for Jennifer Capriati.

Golfnduck
12-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Hmmmm, hopefully Todd will at least be there for the majors. That is when Mardy's head royally gets messed up.

Aleksa's Laydee
12-21-2004, 06:33 PM
ok...1 word... QUEENS!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhh :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: FAB CHOICE MARDY!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Jennay
12-22-2004, 08:40 PM
I dunno Jen, I saw that and thought of you immediately :(:(:(
:bigcry:

PinkFeatherBoa
12-24-2004, 02:09 PM
ok...1 word... QUEENS!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhh :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: FAB CHOICE MARDY!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

My thoughts exactly. ;)

:rolleyes: at playing Houston but still it's to be expected.

Good luck under Todd's wing in 2005 Mardy, lets hope he helps you win more. :)

MissFairy
12-24-2004, 07:09 PM
yay hes playing Queens, i HAVE to go now! lol
oh please let andy and mardy play doubles, thatd be soooo cute- like when andy and andre played, but both young this time, hehe

Deboogle!.
12-24-2004, 07:17 PM
Andy and Mardy have played some dubs together, they even won a title:D Not as good a team as Mardy and James, though, but if they played more often it would really help them both I think :o

MissFairy
12-24-2004, 07:23 PM
yeah i know they played b4, they played in the olypics aswell right? i think i saw that match, they only played one, and lost, it was realy sweet, i think they need more communication coz there was alotta racket bashing, hehe.
but i really want them to play in london so i can catch some live play, lol

HEiKE
12-25-2004, 05:43 PM
:eek: He's not playing Halle again :bigcry: I was sooo looking forward to seeing him there again next year... After the final this year (I was there) he said he would be back next year :confused:

Golfnduck
12-26-2004, 05:11 PM
Andy and Mardy as a doubles team.....it would be interesting to watch. I thought Andy and Andre would go farther than they did last year at Queens.

MissFairy
12-26-2004, 05:40 PM
how far did they get? i dont remember, i didnt see any of their matches i had to watch it tick away online! grrrr, that annoyed me... but andy and mardy playing doubles always makes for interesting viewing!

Aleksa's Laydee
12-26-2004, 05:47 PM
My thoughts exactly. ;)

Are u going? :)

Aleksa's Laydee
12-26-2004, 05:48 PM
yay hes playing Queens, i HAVE to go now! lol
oh please let andy and mardy play doubles, thatd be soooo cute- like when andy and andre played, but both young this time, hehe

like andy and andre at queens last year

that would be soooo cool, they should at queens!!! i'd love to see that

MissFairy
12-26-2004, 05:51 PM
has mardy played Queens ever before? maybe andy recommended it as a warmup for wimbly?

Deboogle!.
12-26-2004, 06:51 PM
Andy and Andre won one round I think, then lost in their second round but I Remember someone was at the match and wrote about it and said they weren't taking it seriously and were just using it to practice and have fun but I remembered they played a top team so really it's not a surprise lol

I checked Mardy's playing history, he played Queens in 2002 and lost to Lleyton in the 2nd round (of course that's the year Lleyton won Wimby and was a top top player).

MissFairy
12-26-2004, 06:53 PM
ohhh so not bad then...losing to lleyton in that form, theres no shame in that. maybe he'll get a kinder draw this time, and maybe we'll see a mardy/andy final here i london, thatd be brilliant. hang on...i think im jumping the gun a bit :lol:

Golfnduck
12-27-2004, 04:40 PM
lilme77, I love your signature!!! :yeah:

MissFairy
12-27-2004, 06:38 PM
cheers Golfnduck! im glad you like...its a tribute to all andy fans , yourself included ;)

Golfnduck
12-27-2004, 11:22 PM
Andy fans have to stick together. There's alot of crazies out there :eek:

MissFairy
12-28-2004, 03:45 PM
Andy fans have to stick together. There's alot of crazies out there :eek:

:worship: amen to that :worship:

(i never knew people could be so mad, or in other words so anti-andy ;) )

i think mardy would agree with us, in fact the whole of TEAM USA :dance:

Golfnduck
12-28-2004, 05:11 PM
Yes they would. Some people at MTF just don't like American players for whatever reason. :shrug:

MissFairy
12-29-2004, 02:16 PM
some people are obviously :retard:!
have you guys ever seen mardy play live? coz i wanna go see him at wimbly this year, i think itd be awesome :dance:

Deboogle!.
12-29-2004, 10:16 PM
I've seen Mardy play live, he's a lot of fun :)

MissFairy
12-30-2004, 12:56 PM
woohoo okay, thats sorted i'll try my hardest to go see him during the grasscourt season à la london...but im scared he'll lose! i dont wanna watch that live, i might not be able to bear it...maybe he'll bring his Athens form. yeah baybee!!!!

Deboogle!.
12-30-2004, 02:29 PM
Well Grass is for sure Mardy's best surface so if there's a chance to see him play well, that might be it :lol:

MissFairy
12-30-2004, 04:27 PM
yeah good point, i think im gonna avoid european clay in general anyway...hehe, i dont think seeing either mardy or andy there (at RG etc) would be a smart idea! but just to be sure i think i'll go to Queens near the beginning of the week...:) now that shows faith doesnt it?? :lol:

akazukin
01-03-2005, 02:38 AM
If I am not mistaken, Mardy's Chinese zodiac is rooster. 2005 is the year of the rooster...hope he'll have a lucky year. :cuckoo: :unsure:

aceit
01-03-2005, 02:52 AM
If I am not mistaken, Mardy's Chinese zodiac is rooster. 2005 is the year of the rooster...hope he'll have a lucky year. :cuckoo: :unsure:

I don't know about that stuff but I'm hoping for a great year anyway for Mardy. :p

akazukin
01-03-2005, 03:23 AM
to all of you guys, have you received some messages from mardy or from his email address? i got some few messages from his email address but i could not open it!! it's because of some nasty virus...i'm angry!!

MissFairy
01-03-2005, 12:52 PM
sorry to hear that akazukin :hug: did u email him first? that is waay cool :)

Golfnduck
01-03-2005, 10:39 PM
Hopefully Mardy will become a more consistent player in 2005, and maybe win a tournament or two.

aceit
01-04-2005, 12:02 AM
to all of you guys, have you received some messages from mardy or from his email address? i got some few messages from his email address but i could not open it!! it's because of some nasty virus...i'm angry!!

E-mails how? Thats very cool that you got them. Hopefully you can fix that virus! :)

Deboogle!.
01-04-2005, 04:22 AM
no....he's hotter in person than on TV. He's not very photogenic. Tangy will vouch for this too ;)

liptea
01-04-2005, 05:11 AM
Oooooh, well, I think he's really, really hot on TV. So I think that live..he must be...:hearts:

aceit
01-04-2005, 09:33 PM
no....he's hotter in person than on TV. He's not very photogenic. Tangy will vouch for this too ;)

I can third that! :)

Golfnduck
01-04-2005, 11:54 PM
Sometimes on tv, Mardy looks :retard:

aceit
01-05-2005, 12:48 AM
Sometimes on tv, Mardy looks :retard:

That's why you cannot be fooled by the tv. ;)

MissFairy
01-05-2005, 04:31 PM
methinks the whole of Team USA is beautiful, by that i mean andy, mardy bob and mike! what a team eh?? (i exclude vinny for sanity purposes etc, hehe) but james blakey is welcome anytime :)

aceit
01-05-2005, 06:37 PM
MissFairy, I totally agree with you. :yeah: I'd love them anyway even if they weren't good looking because they are amazing and I'm American (so I've gotta love em), but good looks never hurt anyone. :)

Now put PMac in there and you've got an ever better looking team. :haha:

MissFairy
01-05-2005, 07:41 PM
MissFairy, I totally agree with you. :yeah: I'd love them anyway even if they weren't good looking because they are amazing and I'm American (so I've gotta love em), but good looks never hurt anyone. :)

Now put PMac in there and you've got an ever better looking team. :haha:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yeah you cant get hotter than PMac!!! :rolleyes:

p.s i love team USA and im not even american, lol, theyre a good group of guys and will succeed in DC in '05! (dont even talk about team GB, grrr, it makes me bitter :( )

Golfnduck
01-06-2005, 01:09 AM
Everyone on the American team is good looking, with the exception of Cousin Vinny (as mentioned above). The Bryan twins are just hot, and I still can't tell who is Mike and who is Bob :lol:

Deboogle!.
01-06-2005, 03:58 AM
But still. Mardy = beautiful.

Well, Niti. Yes. This is not up for debate ;)

Deboogle!.
01-06-2005, 03:44 PM
I can't find better words. I think of Mardy...and all the good words fly out of my head and I'm left with random things like "Fish", "hot", ":hearts:", "beautiful" etc.

Mardy vs. Carlos Davis Cup is the most beautiful match ever.
:lol::haha: You're so cute!

Aleksa's Laydee
01-06-2005, 04:21 PM
some people are obviously :retard:!
have you guys ever seen mardy play live? coz i wanna go see him at wimbly this year, i think itd be awesome :dance:

thats where im going to see him and at queens too :D:D:D

Aleksa's Laydee
01-06-2005, 04:23 PM

:eek: really?

i've emailed him 3 times...he only replied once :sad:

Aleksa's Laydee
01-06-2005, 04:24 PM

he must be super hot then...hes already mighty fine on TV :lol: :bounce:

MissFairy
01-06-2005, 04:27 PM
:eek: really?

i've emailed him 3 times...he only replied once :sad:
ooo dont be sad bjorkfish!! :hug: what did he say? (i think its awfully cool, i hope that makes you feel better!)
:)

Aleksa's Laydee
01-07-2005, 02:06 PM
ooo dont be sad bjorkfish!! :hug: what did he say? (i think its awfully cool, i hope that makes you feel better!)
:)

aaw thanks :) hehe i'll get it and post in on here when i get home :)

MissFairy
01-07-2005, 04:29 PM
cool! i cant wait to read it :hug: thanks xx

Aleksa's Laydee
01-07-2005, 07:51 PM
i've pmed you :)

aceit
01-07-2005, 10:54 PM
I want to see it. :p That's if you want to show it. If not its ok. :)

Deboogle!.
01-08-2005, 03:44 AM
:hug:

Today, in my state of ruin, I just sat down for an hour and looked at gorgeous tennis pictures.

Mardy is hot. It makes me happy that he exists in the world.

State of ruin? Oh NO!! :hug: :hug: Hope everything is ok.

But yes, the world is a more beautiful place with Mardy in it :)

MissFairy
01-08-2005, 01:21 PM
i've pmed you :)
thanks for sending it, its sooo cool that he replies, its personal and thoughtful of him to do things like that for his fans!
its possible i love him more than before...(i didnt think it was possible!!)

hes a lovely guy! yay!

Aleksa's Laydee
01-08-2005, 07:43 PM
thanks for sending it, its sooo cool that he replies, its personal and thoughtful of him to do things like that for his fans!
its possible i love him more than before...(i didnt think it was possible!!)

hes a lovely guy! yay!

ok you'll love him even more now...i sent him an email 2 days ago and he replied today!!! (il pm you it again ;))

MissFairy
01-08-2005, 07:50 PM
ok you'll love him even more now...i sent him an email 2 days ago and he replied today!!! (il pm you it again ;))
boyyy hes quite prompt fora guy who's so busy! its quite impressive really, its a credit to mardy he can be so lovely to his fans!

thanks for the PM of the 2nd one, hes too cute :D

Aleksa's Laydee
01-08-2005, 10:16 PM
boyyy hes quite prompt fora guy who's so busy! its quite impressive really, its a credit to mardy he can be so lovely to his fans!

thanks for the PM of the 2nd one, hes too cute :D

:lol: he sure is...lil cutey pie!! :hearts:

MissFairy
01-09-2005, 10:25 AM
I was dumped. :sad: And then I got the flu. :sad: :sad:
awwwww liptea :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Golfnduck
01-09-2005, 07:47 PM
Sorry to hear about that Liptea :hug:

Deboogle!.
01-09-2005, 07:49 PM

UGH! What a jerk, well that just means you're too good for him!!!!

and feel better :hug::hug:

RoddickBabe10
01-09-2005, 10:43 PM
methinks the whole of Team USA is beautiful, by that i mean andy, mardy bob and mike! what a team eh?? (i exclude vinny for sanity purposes etc, hehe) but james blakey is welcome anytime :)

hehe I totally agree :yeah: I think James is a real hottie! hehe

(i exclude vinny for sanity purposes etc, hehe)

:haha: :haha:

MissFairy
01-10-2005, 12:16 PM
hehe I totally agree :yeah: I think James is a real hottie! hehe

(i exclude vinny for sanity purposes etc, hehe)

:haha: :haha:
james IS hot, i agree :) but i want him to grow his dreads again, coz they made him that extra :hearts: yumm!! ;)
poor vinny...hes still got his rapping 'talent' its godawful that he was blessed with that little amount of good looks and cursed with the urge to 'rap' his little heart out... :rolleyes:
i guess hes destined to the bench at the DC, hehe, i prefer watching andy and mardy any day :hug:

Jennay
01-10-2005, 10:12 PM
Liptea :hug: You? Dumped?! Unimaginable.
Feel better :)

RoddickBabe10
01-12-2005, 12:15 AM
james IS hot, i agree :) but i want him to grow his dreads again, coz they made him that extra :hearts: yumm!! ;)
poor vinny...hes still got his rapping 'talent' its godawful that he was blessed with that little amount of good looks and cursed with the urge to 'rap' his little heart out... :rolleyes:
i guess hes destined to the bench at the DC, hehe, i prefer watching andy and mardy any day :hug:

:haha: :haha: :haha: you are incredibly funny!

And yes James' dreads make him look extra extra hott! lol

aceit
01-12-2005, 11:03 AM
:sad: OK, worse, he asked out another girl. :sad: :sad: And I have exams.

Single is the new thing, haven't you heard? You'll find a better guy. :) :hug:

Aleksa's Laydee
01-12-2005, 11:08 AM
Single is the new thing, haven't you heard? You'll find a better guy. :) :hug:
it sure is :)

snaillyyy
01-12-2005, 05:51 PM
:sad: OK, worse, he asked out another girl. :sad: :sad: And I have exams.

awww Liptea :hug: you are definitely better than him.
Good luck on the exams too!! :)

MissFairy
01-12-2005, 06:38 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: you are incredibly funny!

And yes James' dreads make him look extra extra hott! lol

awww youre making me **blush** :) glad to be of service, anytime hun :p

:banana: james' dreads :banana:

liptea :hug: you're awesome :D

Deboogle!.
01-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Thanks. At least I finished exams today, so at least parts of my life are looking up.
:hug: Mardy fans are so cool.

:hug: exams being over is a great feeling. Congrats on making it through, and I'm sure you did great. Forget about the guy, it's HIS loss - remember I told you, he's not good enough for you!!

Deboogle!.
01-14-2005, 04:00 AM
Well I'm always right :p and I say that you are better than him. So you must believe it :p

aceit
02-11-2005, 11:51 PM
Hmmm...I wonder how Todd and Mardy are doing together. As a team, I mean.

Mardy, oh Mardy. PLEASE get to the semis in your next tourney! Why? Because if you do than I can watch your match on tv. :D I'm so happy that they are showing the semis and final of his next tournament on one of my channels (I can't remember the name but I'll get it later for people who may have the same one and don't know about this).

Just a little random rant from me. I've been doing this a lot today. :p

aceit
02-12-2005, 01:55 AM
http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/posting/2005/402/MDS.pdf

Mardy places James 1R. :sad:

Deboogle!.
02-12-2005, 02:35 AM
die, draw. DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aceit
02-12-2005, 02:37 AM
Why are they all squeezed in that small section of the draw? :fiery:

Éowyn
02-12-2005, 03:32 AM
blah! last time i was guaranteed 2 of my 6 out by 2nd round this time i have 7 boys in it and 3 guaranteed out and jan mike has novak in rd 1 so he's prob going straight out! can't believe arnaud is in same section and again if mardy beats james he gets robby :bigcry: :hysteric: it's not fair!!!!!!!!!!!

rue
02-12-2005, 04:31 AM
So far in '05 he has not done well. I guess he is still trying to figure out his game. I once read an article which said that for players like Mardy and Dent their game will probably only develop fully when they get to about 24 years of age cos they are serve and volleyers. It will take them more time. I know that Taylor is older than Mardy and he seems to be getting there. I hope that Mardy does figure his game out and produces some outstanding results, which he is capable of doing. He still has time, but I guess it is us fans and others who are somehow getting too impatient with him. Only time will tell.

aceit
02-15-2005, 09:32 PM
:eek: They updated Mardy to Bald Fish on the ATP site where they show his picture.

ataptc
02-16-2005, 01:38 PM
:eek: not that picture again! at least his hair is a little longer now.