QUOTES [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

QUOTES

esther
10-06-2002, 04:17 AM
hey everyone...
me and lindsayfan wanted to make a quotes thread and hope that lots of people will contribute- we'd appreciate nething at all you hear about the french players from their mouths or other people talkign about them. okay well i'll get it started: :)

* Arnaud on his tattoo: 'the owl symbolises intelligence and wisdom. two things i dont have!'

* thierry tulasne on arnaud and seb: 'they behave like brothers. they fall asleep in each other's arms while watching TV' :D

* Arnaud on his main fault: 'disagreable when hungry'

* Arnaud on aussie open '01 final: "Thirty percent of me was thinking 'oh la la, I'm going to play in the final of a Grand Slam, but 70 percent of it was thinking 'oh la la, I'm going to have to make a speech in English."

* Arnaud on living in geneva:
Q. You live in Switzerland. Why don't you live in France?
ARNAUD CLEMENT: I like Geneva. It's very nice. You know, there's lots of French guys on this city, Arnaud Di Pasquale, Nicolas Escude. It's great to practice with them.

Q. Is it a matter of taxes?
ARNAUD CLEMENT: No (smiling).

* what Seb had in his bag during RG '02:
"Right now my rackets are being strung, but I usually have
six with me. I also take along string, Surgrip, shirts...I take two
changes of clothes, just in case, but as a general rule, I don't like
to change on the court, unless I fall! In fact I take the strict
minimum: vitamins, a banana, and I also have photos of my wife and my little girl in my bag."

* Michael Llodra on the bird he killed during doubles semi Aussie Open 02:
I don't know what is happening, you know. I hit the ball and I kill the bird. But you know, it's like this - I can do nothing about that . . . at least I saved the moth."

* Seb on favourite movies: 'I like all James Bond films and Inspector Gadget' (hehe inspector gadget! :bounce: )

* Arnaud after Monte Carlo '02 loss: 'Clay makes me sick.'

* Escude on playing on centre court:
Q. I have a question that has nothing to do with your match, but the center court here. I would like to hear about the first match that you played there against Becker. You were very young. How did you feel then?

NICOLAS ESCUDE: There was no pressure whatsoever before starting the match. When I actually set foot on the center court, I realized where I was. I felt totally petrified from beginning to end. All I wanted to do was go back home and see my mommy and my daddy.

Lindsayfan
10-06-2002, 12:19 PM
SEBASTIEN ON PLAYING AGAINST HIS WIFE: My wife's a very good player,but she always wants to win.on the one hand,she knows that she stands a very good chance of losing;on the other,she gets angry if I let her win.after 2 matches,we finally agreed:there was no point continuing...!

SEBASTIEN ON STAR-SYSTEM: Everything in professional sport is designed to make athletes feel like kings.in the beginning,it's all very pleasant cos it's new ,but things quickly become superficial.The moments I spend with my family are quite the reverse.In the home,my daugther's the queen!

Lindsayfan
10-06-2002, 12:26 PM
Guy Forget on his players: If I'd asked them to run a marathon or to throw themselves into a river cos that was the only way to win,they'd have done it.

Guy on Clement: Arnaud is Mr Extra,the Pokemon of the team.in training,he demands so much of himself that it rubs off on everyone else.

Guy on Grosjean: He's always got a smile on his face,he's a real delight.

Lindsayfan
11-04-2002, 09:26 PM
Noah on french Davis Cup team: "They are having unbelievable success and as a spectator, itís beautiful to see such spirit, because they donít fake it.Once the matches are over they will keep calling each other and stay close because the relationship doesnít just last for the weekend. Guy created that, and thatís great" :kiss:

esther
11-05-2002, 12:09 AM
--Arnaud on his and Seb's height (after aussie open '02)-
'We are the dwarfs'

-- Boutter, when asked what himself and top-performing country-men Seb and Arnaud have been eating lately
''Frogs! that's why we run so fast and jump so high!" LOL

--Seb after winning St petersburg
"I came here alone so I don't know how to celebrate÷ Maybe another room service. My wife and kids are in France to see the family, they went to EuroDisney to celebrate my daughter's birthday. Maybe they'll come to St. Petersburg next year."

Lindsayfan
11-05-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by esther
--Seb after winning St petersburg
"I came here alone so I don't know how to celebrate÷ Maybe another room service. My wife and kids are in France to see the family, they went to EuroDisney to celebrate my daughter's birthday. Maybe they'll come to St. Petersburg next year."

poor Seb :sad:

esther
11-07-2002, 04:51 AM
i knowwwww but he's so happy now...hehe like i would know! but yeah he said that he was happy that he was able to spend a lot of time after he lost in Paris because he won't play til DC :)

esther
12-02-2002, 08:40 AM
i think this sums up the final:

To come back to the two matches today, isn't it the first match that gives you more regrets?
CAPTAIN FORGET: For two sets, Marat was playing well. Sometimes I was watching Fabrice behind me. I was sort of thinking, "What can I say to Sebastien?" I couldn't see what he could do better. This is frustrating when you are on a court with a player who is playing well and it's not enough. What can you say more? It's a bit like a Formula 1 driver who has the best car, and he does his best round after round, he just has to expect an accident for the other ones.

good luck in 2003 guys

Lindsayfan
12-03-2002, 08:49 PM
i think ur signature sums up why we love so much french team! :hearts:

esther
12-04-2002, 05:42 AM
:) in that case...

~~ Several times we've spoken of the 'magic recipe'. It's the unity between us that gives us strength. I guarentee, if we keep this state of mind, we will win again. ~~
---Guy during the DC presentation